PDA

View Full Version : Bags and property

chloechen
20-10-13, 13:33
I love bags.
I believe most ladies do too.
A bag can compliment and adorn a person.
It can also reflect the person's character and financial status.

This is similar with property.
Ladies as well as gentlemen , most will love nice property.
The house you stay in generally also reflects your state of mind and financial well being.

A common perception that many people often have about luxury handbags is that they are simply frivolous purchases made by the rich and famous.

Luxurious designer handbags are no longer just a statement fashion accessory, a senseless arm candy, or simply the preserve of the wealthy; in fact, a good choice of bag can lead to excellent returns in the long run eg Hermès Birkin bag.

However, that said, most bags will depreciate in value.
Some bags are nice to look at, but not very practical.
They are heavy even without putting anything in them, and maybe difficult to open and close without hassle.

These bags are akin to condos with beautiful exterior architecture, and those with huge balconies...nice to look at but, not practical. Of course there are some people who will like them, but on the whole, due to our hot weather, most would prefer indoors and livable space.

There are bags that are practical and nice to use, but may not be considered luxurious.
They are akin to HDB flats.
Neat and livable, but to some folks, not good enough , as they feel it is not a status symbol.

There are bags for rental too.
They are for people who don't want to spend so much, but want a variety for different occasion.
Or mabbe they don't have space in the house to store the bags?
Of course, there are people who really can't afford but wanna show off, so they rent the bag.
The money spent on these bags cannot be recouped.
I tend to think that folks who rent long term, to wait for a property crash, are similar to folks who rent bags.

But it is good for the bag rental company.
Similar to the landlords who need these people.

Of course there are people who rent cos they cannot afford to buy a home.
These people really need the help of HDB, and I won't compare them to people who rent bags.

I love my Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM bag the most.
It is a relatively reasonable priced bag.
It is large and functional and easy to use, and it is very lasting.
Its design is evergreen.
However compared to luxury bags, it is probably at the bottom echelon.

It is like a 99 year LH OCR condo, near MRT station- reasonably priced, not that attractive to look at, but user friendly.
It can be sold to the 2nd hand bag dealer for a reasonable amount.
It is a bag that bag upgraders will start with when they want a luxury bag.

minority
20-10-13, 13:42
I love woman.
I believe most men do too.
A Woman can compliment and adorn a Man.
It can also reflect the Man's character and financial status.

:p:p:p:p:p

chloechen
20-10-13, 13:47
I love woman.
I believe most men do too.
A Woman can compliment and adorn a Man.
It can also reflect the Man's character and financial status.

:p:p:p:p:p

Hi bro minority, I agree with you that a woman can compliment and adorn a man.
This is very important if the man is someone important eg a statesman, or a company CEO.
We are not all born good looking, but I believe the wives of such important men have a duty to look well groomed and dress neatly. They don't have to be beautiful or extravagant, but they have the responsibility to look presentable and dignified.

Ringo33
20-10-13, 14:35
This is very important if the man is someone important eg a statesman, or a company CEO.
We are not all born good looking, but I believe the wives of such important men have a duty to look well groomed and dress neatly. They don't have to be beautiful or extravagant, but they have the responsibility to look presentable and dignified.

Your 3rd post and you starting to address others as "brother".

Do you do that to strangers all the time?

chloechen
20-10-13, 15:02
Your 3rd post and you starting to address others as "brother".

Do you do that to strangers all the time?

Hi bro Ringo (since ur profile states u r male), yes I address people based on their profile statement.
Minority said he likes women, so I assume he is male and his profile also states that he is male.

You both are not strangers to me on this forum.
I have been reading ur posts regularly before deciding to register and post.

Cheers to all brothers and sisters on this forum.

I hope to contribute constructively to this forum.

tradert
20-10-13, 15:32
Some men like watches, but somehow more women are into bags than men into watches.

Property is very expensive, so not many can afford to own more than 2...

relax88
20-10-13, 16:00
and there are some bro that love to pretend to be sister when they post:p

chloechen
20-10-13, 16:26
and there are some bro that love to pretend to be sister when they post:p

As long as he has constructive posts, whether bro or sis, it doesn't matter.

Some people carry fake bags.
It hurts the bag industry, but on the otherhand, if you look at it from another point of view, it is an advertistment for the bag company.

Also, sometimes, people may buy a fake bag to try it out first.
If they like the design, they may proceed to buy the real one.

chloechen
20-10-13, 17:33
Fine leather bags, a product of careful craftsmanship, deserves to be well taken care of.

Likewise a home, which most of us, pay with our life savings, or take loan for the majority of our working lives, needs to be well maintained for our comfort, as well as to ensure that it will be attractive to command a good price should we decide to sell later.

There are different types of leather :
and for comparison purposes, I will compare them with the different types of housing

1. Faux leather

Artificial leather
This is comparable to rental houses, as the occupant is not the owner but appears to be the owner.
(again , I must emphasize that I am not referring to the needy folks who have no option but to rent from HDB)

2. Patent leather

Leather which is glossy and shiny.
This is HDB- cheaper form of leather, but looks good and is resilient.

3. Patch leather

This refers to a product which is made up of small pieces of leather combined together.
It can be a mixture of normal grade leather and high grade leather.
Some of the leather used in patch can be of very high quality, but it will not command the same price.

This is EC.
You have both worlds- CPF grants are available(similar to HDB) , as well as condo facilities.
However, it will not command the same price as condos.

4. Cowhide leather

This comes from the skin of cow, as the name implies and is durable.
This type of leather has different grades, so it is comparable to condos- OCR, RCR and RCR.

5. Lambskin leather

This leather comes from lambskin. Lamb has much less skin than cow, hence scarcity results in the price being higher. This leather is much more delicate and is easily scratched, hence higher maintenance, but have a soft and luxurious feel.
Hence this is comparable to landed houses.

chestnut
20-10-13, 17:39
U left out ostrich, snake, alligator????

chloechen
20-10-13, 17:45

Hi bro chestnut, yes, I forgot about them as they are very exotic and super expensive (beyond my radar).

Since you brought them up, I would say they are comparable to GCB.

azeoprop
20-10-13, 17:57
Pack light, bag ladies... :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/OqN0jsSeqPo

:D

Arcachon
20-10-13, 18:15
Long long time ago, there was a old lady who love bags. She would travel all over the world and buy bags. One day the old lady drop died among her beloved bags. Guess what happen to all her collection of bags?

chloechen
20-10-13, 18:27
Long long time ago, there was a old lady who love bags. She would travel all over the world and buy bags. One day the old lady drop died among her beloved bags. Guess what happen to all her collection of bags?

It is always prudent to write a will when one is alive and mentally able to.

Violinbite
20-10-13, 18:49

Haha...Lol. And also elephant and rhino skins... very uncommon but not expensive.. - Tree houses, caravans, and attap houses..lol

august
20-10-13, 19:03

i recall a saying, "there is no ugly women, only lazy women".
:o

hopeful
20-10-13, 19:54
Luxurious designer handbags are no longer just a statement fashion accessory, a senseless arm candy, or simply the preserve of the wealthy; in fact, a good choice of bag can lead to excellent returns in the long run eg Hermès Birkin bag.

what excellent returns & timeframe are we talking about here?
besides hermes birkin, any other bags that are of investment quality?

chloechen
20-10-13, 20:03
what excellent returns & timeframe are we talking about here?
besides hermes birkin, any other bags that are of investment quality?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/lifestyle/article/2/alternative-investments-luxury-designer-bags

I am surprised propertyguru talks about bags too!

Lowi
20-10-13, 20:21
Lol I love watches... Something subtle and not in your face kind. No bling bling sort :D

Ringo33
20-10-13, 21:08
Lol I love watches... Something subtle and not in your face kind. No bling bling sort :D

no offense, but I think watches are the most pointless and ripoff piece of device to own. Why wear watch when you have a smart phone? And why make time keeping so complicated and fragile?

Lowi
20-10-13, 21:14
no offense, but I think watches are the most pointless and ripoff piece of device to own. Why wear watch when you have a smart phone? And why make time keeping so complicated and fragile?

Lol why drive when you can take public transport public transport are sometimes faster? Alot of things in life are wants but not needs... :p

chloechen
20-10-13, 21:14

Yes, that's the thinking of the younger generation.

But bags and property are perennial.
Young and old all like to have them.

Lowi
20-10-13, 21:17
Yes, that's the thinking of the younger generation.

But bags and property are perennial.
Young and old all like to have them.

Lol I must be getting old ;)

hopeful
20-10-13, 21:25
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/lifestyle/article/2/alternative-investments-luxury-designer-bags

I am surprised propertyguru talks about bags too!

thank you, can i take bank loan to get a birkin bag and a chanel bag?

from the article
"On average, Chanel increases its prices from 8-12 percent per annum, which simply means that a Chanel 2.55 that you buy today could potentially increase in value by over 30 percent in just a short time frame of three to four years - depending on how well you maintain and care for the bag. "
i dont intend to use the bag so it should be in pristine condition.

so jamie cuaca is an astute investor.

Arcachon
20-10-13, 21:35

from the article
"On average, Chanel increases its prices from 8-12 percent per annum, which simply means that a Chanel 2.55 that you buy today could potentially increase in value by over 30 percent in just a short time frame of three to four years - depending on how well you maintain and care for the bag. "

http://cultureslurp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

Violinbite
20-10-13, 21:48

Anything entering into an artwork or collectible is always a ripoff in value so to speak. A Stradivari violin in millions of dollars is just pieces of wood. A Van Gogh art is just oil piants. Watches are artwork of fine craftsmen of intricate work and precision is beyond just telling time. If so to speak on utility value, then 4 pieces of motorcycles far outstripped the cost of owning a Merc car, all run according to speed limit set by LTA.

PropertyHound
20-10-13, 21:51
Hi bro chestnut, yes, I forgot about them as they are very exotic and super expensive (beyond my radar).

I tnhink mink is more exotic than alligator, ostrich and snake.:p

chloechen
20-10-13, 21:54

from the article

The article only mentioned Ms Sulian Tan-Wijaya.
Did it mention Jamie?
Jamie is no longer Cuaca...she is divorced..so now she is Jamie Chua.

I guess you should be able to get a personal loan to buy the luxury bag.
Never heard banks offering bag loan.
Lol, but since it can be lucrative, then perhaps you can ask them to consider?

hopeful
20-10-13, 22:02
The article only mentioned Ms Sulian Tan-Wijaya.
Did it mention Jamie?
Jamie is no longer Cuaca...she is divorced..so now she is Jamie Chua.

I guess you should be able to get a personal loan to buy the luxury bag.
Never heard banks offering bag loan.
Lol, but since it can be lucrative, then perhaps you can ask them to consider?

i plan to pay for 2 chanel bags in Taka. however i dont intend to collect them. i leave them at the store. 4 years down the road, i tell the staff at chanel to release my inventory at the current price. so earning me 30% profit in 4 years.

is this plan feasible?

chloechen
20-10-13, 22:17
i plan to pay for 2 chanel bags in Taka. however i dont intend to collect them. i leave them at the store. 4 years down the road, i tell the staff at chanel to release my inventory at the current price. so earning me 30% profit in 4 years.

is this plan feasible?

Once you have bought them, they are your responsibility.
You have to ensure they don't degenerate and turn mouldy, and that they are not destroyed by fire or get stolen.

I don't think the store will ensure that all these condition are met, unless you discuss with them and work out a deal.
I have never done that before.

Since you are intending to buy them, why not bring them home and let your wife or daughter admire and appreciate it?

Ringo33
20-10-13, 22:33
Anything entering into an artwork or collectible is always a ripoff in value so to speak. A Stradivari violin in millions of dollars is just pieces of wood. A Van Gogh art is just oil piants. Watches are artwork of fine craftsmen of intricate work and precision is beyond just telling time. If so to speak on utility value, then 4 pieces of motorcycles far outstripped the cost of owning a Merc car, all run according to speed limit set by LTA.

I certainly wont call a Rolex watch as collectible items or a piece of art. For it to be call art, there can only be 1 piece and not mass produce 1000pcs and then call it limited edition.

The different between car and a watch is that, car can be shared and used by the family, whereas a watch can only tell time as accurate as the cheapest smart phone in the world.

Plus in terms of reliability, I think a $50 casio watch will beat a $30,000 watch anytime.

hopeful
20-10-13, 22:35
Once you have bought them, they are your responsibility.
You have to ensure they don't degenerate and turn mouldy, and that they are not destroyed by fire or get stolen.

I don't think the store will ensure that all these condition are met, unless you discuss with them and work out a deal.
I have never done that before.

Since you are intending to buy them, why not bring them home and let your wife or daughter admire and appreciate it?

bring them out of store means instant depreciation 20%.
just like driving a car from showroom means instant depreciation 20%

Lowi
20-10-13, 23:07
I certainly wont call a Rolex watch as collectible items or a piece of art. For it to be call art, there can only be 1 piece and not mass produce 1000pcs and then call it limited edition.

The different between car and a watch is that, car can be shared and used by the family, whereas a watch can only tell time as accurate as the cheapest smart phone in the world.

Plus in terms of reliability, I think a $50 casio watch will beat a $30,000 watch anytime.

Who said anything about Rolexes... :rolleyes:

Ringo33
20-10-13, 23:15
Who said anything about Rolexes... :rolleyes:

Rolex is just an example, and there is no different from one to the other because there can only be 60mins in an hour regardless of how expensive watch get. Patik, IWC, AP, A. Lange & Sohne you name it.

And the biggest joke of all, these watches are mostly bought to be kept in "like new" condition instead of wearing it because a tiny scratch on the watch will cause its resale value to drop. Or should i say illusion.

Lowi
20-10-13, 23:36
Rolex is just an example, and there is no different from one to the other because there can only be 60mins in an hour regardless of how expensive watch get. Patik, IWC, AP, A. Lange & Sohne you name it.

And the biggest joke of all, these watches are mostly bought to be kept in "like new" condition instead of wearing it because a tiny scratch on the watch will cause its resale value to drop. Or should i say illusion.

Let's just agree to disagree.

tradert
21-10-13, 00:01
Let's just agree to disagree.

Ahhhh now I know something else about Ringo other than his obsession with JLD...

proud owner
21-10-13, 00:31

our Mrs PM .... shes definitely not pretty ... well groomed ? not really ...

neat ? maybe ...

I hope shes reading this .... its quite a disgrace how she dressed on my occasions ... when standing next to the wives of visiting diplomat ...

I hope she invest in a 'stylist' ...

proud owner
21-10-13, 00:33

2 yrs ago ... I enquired at Saks Fifth Ave .. on a Hermes Ostrich skin handbag .... limited edition ....

guess the price ... ?

it was sold out in London ... and US only left 1 set in NYC..

proud owner
21-10-13, 00:37

from the article

she disliked the ex husband enough to divorce him ... why still Cuaca ?

this brings to mind ... many ex wives of rich and powerful men ... even after their divorce, continue to use their ex husbands' family name ...

want his fame, want his money, want his name ..want his wealth

just don't want him

leesg123
21-10-13, 00:53
she disliked the ex husband enough to divorce him ... why still Cuaca ?

this brings to mind ... many ex wives of rich and powerful men ... even after their divorce, continue to use their ex husbands' family name ...

want his fame, want his money, want his name ..want his wealth

just don't want him

More like she is unwanted lah. This kind of husband the girlfriends can queue from singapore to china.

kane
21-10-13, 00:58
2 yrs ago ... I enquired at Saks Fifth Ave .. on a Hermes Ostrich skin handbag .... limited edition ....

guess the price ... ?

Was it $80k?

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 01:32

Spoken like a true gentleman who appear to have never had or enjoy the finer things in life... A pity

Ringo33
21-10-13, 04:46
Spoken like a true gentleman who appear to have never had or enjoy the finer things in life... A pity

You are still very young, and most likely just started experience working life. To you entertaining clients is a like a big thing, so big that you even need to brag about it in the forum and call yourself the chief entertainment office (CEO) of the company.

As I have told you before, entertaining clients are dirty jobs for young executives like yourself to gets your hands dirty, so dont get carried away if your company keep asking you to be a part-time butler for company guests.

However do remember what I told you before, companies doesnt reward you for being clowns and they certainly wont employ them as CEO of the company.

As for finer things in life, you are too young to know there are more to life than wearing pointless expensive watches, and perhaps for people who have yet to experience them will think it such a big deal.

chestnut
21-10-13, 05:55

guess the price ... ?

here's something to tickle the thinking process...

What is the depreciation of a car in Singapore????
See how many bags and watches it can buy????

When a person drives a toyota Viaos, the depreciation a year can buy a Hermes or Chanel bag.... When this person carries a Hermes or chanel, people look.... But when this person drives a Viaos, no one looks leh....

What happens is - relativity....

Amount bags, the prestigious are Hermes, Chanel, LV, etc... Even among this 3, the ranking is as per my order.... HAHAHAHAHAHA... The human likes to be unique and go after rare objects...

As for watches, yes it is a time piece... But the watch makers have a brilliant marketing plan - limited editions, show pieces, intricate pieces, craftsman are getting lesser, etc....

Timepieces for the man are important, why??? Man unlike woman have limited accessories - (no ear rings, necklaces, bracelets, dresses, etc....) that's why u find woman talk about bags and man on watches. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Life is all about relativity.... That's how typically people judge others... But this are facts of life.....

Violinbite
21-10-13, 08:33

When a person drives a toyota Viaos, the depreciation a year can buy a Hermes or Chanel bag.... When this person carries a Hermes or chanel, people look.... But when this person drives a Viaos, no one looks leh....

Amount bags, the prestigious are Hermes, Chanel, LV, etc... Even among this 3, the ranking is as per my order.... HAHAHAHAHAHA... The human likes to be unique and go after rare objects...

As for watches, yes it is a time piece... But the watch makers have a brilliant marketing plan - limited editions, show pieces, intricate pieces, craftsman are getting lesser, etc....

Timepieces for the man are important, why??? Man unlike woman have limited accessories - (no ear rings, necklaces, bracelets, dresses, etc....) that's why u find woman talk about bags and man on watches. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Life is all about relativity.... That's how typically people judge others... But this are facts of life.....

Pretty close to thoughts. I use to owned a few pieces of Pateks, even one of them a perpetual calendar. Basically, I trade up a colections up to another. At the end, I sold all for building towards my first investment home. - The watches are too rich for my blood today, but it certainly retain better value than a depreciating car (+ all other costs like road tax, petrol, parking). I did lose some money on e watches but was happy to let go for a better cause that gain back the lost. No particular regret collecting watches, but gain some unusual wisdom about life and things. These days I wear casio for workout, breitling or fortis for work, some good omegas for concert and events. Still appreciating watches but not collecting them now, rather using them now.:)
Nothing wrong w ringo opinion as he is not swayed towards watches, like me not into bags and fine wines.
Still appreciate watches but not collecting them as for now. I wear my liking piece directly, if someday I like something, I ll sell this and get another perhaps. Just like a violin, it meant to be sung, its like a sin to collect good instruments but not play on them. I too sold away all good violins and kept only one fine italian piece to play on.:) Though a luxury watch is fine appreciation than just time telling.: - you can't bring your home bungalow overseas; you can't drive a porsche into a dinner banquet; but you can certainly still bath naked with a watch. Perhaps, thats the reason for the hype for a small invention like that.:)
Price is what we pay, but it will be us how we create the value it serves us. Thank God for all good things in life for mankind.:)

Shanhz
21-10-13, 09:16

very true leh... but human like to see and be seen.

it is always better to be seen having the best of each product line. vios is the bottom of the car product line, while hermes or PP is the best (or better) of the bag/watch product line.

sgbuyer
21-10-13, 09:21
Price is what we pay, but it will be us how we create the value it serves us. Thank God for all good things in life for mankind.:)

The good things in life cannot feed the poverty of the soul.

http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1263888735p2/838305.jpg
Mother Teresa

“At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done.

We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.”

“The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.”

“The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”

Lovelle
21-10-13, 09:55
Pretty close to thoughts. I use to owned a few pieces of Pateks, even one of them a perpetual calendar. Basically, I trade up a colections up to another. At the end, I sold all for building towards my first investment home. - The watches are too rich for my blood today, but it certainly retain better value than a depreciating car (+ all other costs like road tax, petrol, parking). I did lose some money on e watches but was happy to let go for a better cause that gain back the lost. No particular regret collecting watches, but gain some unusual wisdom about life and things. These days I wear casio for workout, breitling or fortis for work, some good omegas for concert and events. Still appreciating watches but not collecting them now, rather using them now.:)
Nothing wrong w ringo opinion as he is not swayed towards watches, like me not into bags and fine wines.
Still appreciate watches but not collecting them as for now. I wear my liking piece directly, if someday I like something, I ll sell this and get another perhaps. Just like a violin, it meant to be sung, its like a sin to collect good instruments but not play on them. I too sold away all good violins and kept only one fine italian piece to play on.:) Though a luxury watch is fine appreciation than just time telling.: - you can't bring your home bungalow overseas; you can't drive a porsche into a dinner banquet; but you can certainly still bath naked with a watch. Perhaps, thats the reason for the hype for a small invention like that.:)

nice chat here, i am going to europe wonder any watch i should collect ?

any advice ?

mermaid
21-10-13, 10:05
I love bags.
I believe most ladies do too.
A bag can compliment and adorn a person.

I disagree tat a bag reflects a personal financial status; it is a matter of whether one is willing to splurge on something.

hmm ... care to share y a bag can reflect a person's character? cos I dun love bags/accessories etc ...

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 10:09
You are still very young, and most likely just started experience working life. To you entertaining clients is a like a big thing, so big that you even need to brag about it in the forum and call yourself the chief entertainment office (CEO) of the company.

Your assumption can be really wide off the mark. don't ASSume too much, try to stick to facts and figures :)

As I have told you before, entertaining clients are dirty jobs for young executives like yourself to gets your hands dirty, so dont get carried away if your company keep asking you to be a part-time butler for company guests.

However do remember what I told you before, companies doesnt reward you for being clowns and they certainly wont employ them as CEO of the company.

As for finer things in life, you are too young to know there are more to life than wearing pointless expensive watches, and perhaps for people who have yet to experience them will think it such a big deal.

do you know what is swiss cutting tools technology?
do you know what is swiss precision engineering?
do you know rolex history & heritage?

if you do, you won't so callously state a $50 casio is more reliable than a rolex. Quite frankly, such a sweeping statement makes you look like a pathetic fool...

between i'm only here to let you know your abstract opinion should sometimes be left to your own understanding. please don't stain this thread further with your irrelevant comparison...

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 10:13

any advice ?

rolex, IWC or panerai... actually astroboy going year-end too :)

sledging and adding on collection :D

Lovelle
21-10-13, 10:18
rolex, IWC or panerai... actually astroboy going year-end too :)

sledging and adding on collection :D

i like Rolex, any particular model which is below $8k worth buying for lady ?

Panerai is nice but more for man (very big)

IWC also plenty of model ...don't know which one is good

will pass Swizz may take a look

chloechen
21-10-13, 10:28

I disagree tat a bag reflects a personal financial status; it is a matter of whether one is willing to splurge on something.

hmm ... care to share y a bag can reflect a person's character? cos I dun love bags/accessories etc ...

Hi mermaid, the type of bag a person carries may show his or her character.
I should have used the word "may" instead of "can".

A person carrying a bag which matches her attire is someone who takes pride of her appearance.
One who carries something totally unmatching may reveal that she has poor fashion sense.
Also if someone carries a loud bag, especially for the wrong occasion may project an image that she is trying to show off her bag.
And there are ladies who couldn't care less and carry plastic bags, and this may show that they have no fashion sense at all, or in my case, when I go to Malaysia, I will carry a recycle bag, instead of a real bag, as I do not feel secure there.

Ringo33
21-10-13, 10:31
do you know what is swiss cutting tools technology?
do you know what is swiss precision engineering?
do you know rolex history & heritage?

if you do, you won't so callously state a $50 casio is more reliable than a rolex. Quite frankly, such a sweeping statement makes you look like a pathetic fool...

between i'm only here to let you know your abstract opinion should sometimes be left to your own understanding. please don't stain this thread further with your irrelevant comparison...

Automatic watches are extremely dedicate and that's why people never use them when playing sports like golf as the shock will mess up its mechanism.

And there is also the issue of having to reset the time every time a watch is left unused for say a few days. Plus you will also need to send automatic watches for servicing after prolong period. And automatic watches cannot be use as alarm clock either, and its hard to tell time in dark like casio watches or a phone.

Yes I am aware about the marketing campaign that some watches can be use at the bottom of the ocean and that is just marketing gimmick to make buyer feel good on something that they will never get to use in their life time.

mermaid
21-10-13, 10:35

Very often, a person's opinion speaks a lot on both his intellectual level and the kind of lifestyles he is leading.

Sometimes, it is better to keep one's mouth shut than to expose one's weakness/deficiency unnecessarily.

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 10:38

below 8k you can go for datejust or the classic timepieces... and you should be able to get below 7k after discount + VAT refund :)

Panerai and IWC does have bigger face pieces unless you go for vintage IWC ladies

chestnut
21-10-13, 10:39

You need to understand what you are looking for

Are you looking for

1. A good resale value as the watch gets older??? (some form of investment)
2. Are you looking at design, etc...
3. Are you looling at the watch to reflect your lifestyle???

If you get basic rolexes for ladies (the standard 1/2 gold or just silver, w or w/o diamond)... expect the watch to have low resale value over periods of time.... Why??? It is produce in abundance and the value depreciates over time...

Give you an example...
A rolex sea dweller bot in 1990 @ S$3.7K... today if sold second hand at the second hand shop is worth >5K...

A rolex 1/2 gold with diamond bot in 1995 @ about 7k... today if sold @ second hand shop is only worth <4k... brand new is worth 13k...

Its all about supply and demand for such watches...

So you need to know what you want...:D:D:D

There are certain time pieces that rises in value over time but all this is manipulated by the watch maker...

The watch makers are a hell of a good marketer... They control the production to create a perceived shortage so the watch will be in demand... Hahahahahahah

Ringo33
21-10-13, 10:43
Very often, a person's opinion speaks a lot on both his intellectual level and the kind of lifestyles he is leading.

Sometimes, it is better to keep one's mouth shut than to expose one's weakness/deficiency unnecessarily.

which side of you is talking now? The beast side or the freak side?

mermaid
21-10-13, 10:43
One who carries something totally unmatching may reveal that she has poor fashion sense.

And there are ladies who couldn't care less and carry plastic bags, and this may show that they have no fashion sense at all, or in my case

sometimes it may not be tat the person has no fashion sense, it could be tat they simply cant be bothered if they r not required to dress appropriately for the occasion.

when I go to Malaysia, I will carry a recycle bag, instead of a real bag, as I do not feel secure there.
if I go msia, I will dressed like a pauper cos I scared of being robbed.

Ringo33
21-10-13, 10:45
You need to understand what you are looking for

Are you looking for

1. A good resale value as the watch gets older??? (some form of investment)
2. Are you looking at design, etc...
3. Are you looling at the watch to reflect your lifestyle???

If you get basic rolexes for ladies (the standard 1/2 gold or just silver, w or w/o diamond)... expect the watch to have low resale value over periods of time.... Why??? It is produce in abundance and the value depreciates over time...

Give you an example...
A rolex sea dweller bot in 1990 @ S$3.7K... today if sold second hand at the second hand shop is worth >5K...

A rolex 1/2 gold with diamond bot in 1995 @ about 7k... today if sold @ second hand shop is only worth <4k... brand new is worth 13k...

Its all about supply and demand for such watches...

So you need to know what you want...:D:D:D

There are certain time pieces that rises in value over time but all this is manipulated by the watch maker...

The watch makers are a hell of a good marketer... They control the production to create a perceived shortage so the watch will be in demand... Hahahahahahah

If you bought a 1kg of gold in 1990, it will be worth 3 times the amount you paid today regardless if its 2nd or 10th hand or any condition

chestnut
21-10-13, 10:50
If you bought a 1kg of gold in 1990, it will be worth 3 times the amount you paid today regardless if its 2nd or 10th hand or any condition

Hahahahaha.... Bro, if you buy a car, depreciation will be 10K/year but yet so many people buy car...

But if you bot gold last year, now lose money....

If bot property in 1990, make more money than gold... :D:D:D:D

Understand where you coming from.... different strokes for diff people...

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 10:53
Automatic watches are extremely dedicate and that's why people never use them when playing sports like golf as the shock will mess up its mechanism.

And there is also the issue of having to reset the time every time a watch is left unused for say a few days. Plus you will also need to send automatic watches for servicing after prolong period. And automatic watches cannot be use as alarm clock either, and its hard to tell time in dark like casio watches or a phone.

Yes I am aware about the marketing campaign that some watches can be use at the bottom of the ocean and that is just marketing gimmick to make buyer feel good on something that they will never get to use in their life time.

huh?? you dissing the event managers for PGA tours?? omg you are drifting further and further

watchwinders you not heard of??
rolex watches that requires no servicing even after 10/20 years you never hear of??
automatic luxury watch you use as ALARM?? that is so freaking ALARMING to hear!!

you already mentioned it's a marketing gimmick so suck it up whether you do or do not use the feature...

lucky most, if not all here are smart people and won't buy in easily to your craze-infused statements...

i plead with you please go back to your Jurong story cos i promised won't step into that thread....

Ringo33
21-10-13, 10:55
Hahahahaha.... Bro, if you buy a car, depreciation will be 10K/year but yet so many people buy car...

But if you bot gold last year, now lose money....

Car can touches the heart and life of people around you.

A bag and a watch?

No one really cares except the one who pays for it.

chestnut
21-10-13, 11:00
Car can touches the heart and life of people around you.

A bag and a watch?

No one really cares except the one who pays for it.

Bro, what about the following branded stuff:
- clothes
- shoes
- belts
- specs
- phones
- restaurants vs hawker centre

Different market for different people.....

The important thing is - spend within your own means and be happy....:D:D:D

Not everything must be branded lar.... but some people enjoy so the company makes products for this people.... and world goes on...

Ringo33
21-10-13, 11:03
huh?? you dissing the event managers for PGA tours?? omg you are drifting further and further

watchwinders you not heard of??
rolex watches that requires no servicing even after 10/20 years you never hear of??
automatic luxury watch you use as ALARM?? that is so freaking ALARMING to hear!!

you already mentioned it's a marketing gimmick so suck it up whether you do or do not use the feature...

lucky most, if not all here are smart people and won't buy in easily to your craze-infused statements...

i plead with you please go back to your Jurong story cos i promised won't step into that thread....

Please stop being so gullible, golfer dont wear automatic watches when they play golf, nor F1 driver wear Richard Mille when driving F1 cars, nor Roger Federer wear rolex when he plays tennis. They are all only for marketing purpose only and they get paid for wearing them.

And yes, casio watch or phone can do more than what the luxury watch can do. Alarm and calender organizer are just examples what people use all the time.

And since everyone carried a phone these day hence there is really no need to wear a watch these days.

fiat500
21-10-13, 11:05
At the end of the day,everything is about affordability n personal satisfaction..
Most important is you are happy with your purchased...:D

minority
21-10-13, 11:07

We all "collect" many things. big n small.

but the Question is do we need them? how many is enough? And what function do we think it will play by owning it? or are we hording?

Fundamentally Its ones obsession to find things to pre occupy ourselves. To find a meaning to be in the world and to feel special.

So remember to at the end of the day to give back to the society that we have laboriously build . That would the the ultimate collection of all. something no one else can take away i.e. bags or properties or watch or cars or land or woman ;)

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 11:11

threadstarter, i personally know a lady in her 40s.... very well-heeled, sophisticated and always armed with a luxury bag (hermes, miu miu, chanel, LV to name a few of her 30 bags collection :jaw-dropping: not including those "normal" bags). Her dressing sense can be immaculately purrrfect too... haha

you don't happen to be her right?? anyway i appreciate this thread cos something i relate to well...

Ringo33
21-10-13, 11:13
Bro, what about the following branded stuff:
- clothes
- shoes
- belts
- specs
- phones
- restaurants vs hawker centre

Different market for different people.....

The important thing is - spend within your own means and be happy....:D:D:D

Not everything must be branded lar.... but some people enjoy so the company makes products for this people.... and world goes on...

Selling luxury goods are like selling dreams and illusions, its only worth it when you are dreaming about or when you see the illusion

But eventually, you will wake up from that and find its not worth the money. Perhaps thats the time where people will need to sell or trade them to recover the money they have invested in their dreams.

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 11:13
Please stop being so gullible, golfer dont wear automatic watches when they play golf, nor F1 driver wear Richard Mille when driving F1 cars, nor Roger Federer wear rolex when he plays tennis. They are all only for marketing purpose only and they get paid for wearing them.

And yes, casio watch or phone can do more than what the luxury watch can do. Alarm and calender organizer are just examples what people use all the time.

And since everyone carried a phone these day hence there is really no need to wear a watch these days.

alright you said your piece, please go back to your jurong story

mermaid
21-10-13, 11:17
Selling luxury goods are like selling dreams and illusions, its only worth it when you are dreaming about or when you see the illusion

But eventually, you will wake up from that and find its not worth the money. Perhaps thats the time where people will need to sell or trade them to recover the money they have invested in their dreams.

One man's meat is another man's poison. everyone has his own priorities!
dun impose yr thinking onto others!
learn how to respect others.
there is no need to make everyone follow yr thinking cos we r not ringo33 followers! :banghead:

Ringo33
21-10-13, 11:19
One man's meat is another man's poison. everyone has his own priorities!
dun impose yr thinking onto others!
learn how to respect others.
there is no need to make everyone follow yr thinking cos we r not ringo33 followers! :banghead:

What if the person in concern is half beast and half freak?

tradert
21-10-13, 11:32
Can't recall who asked about buying watch. If you like vintage stuff, get a Rolex 5513 made in your birth year. Limited supply, vintage and will hold its value relatively well.

chloechen
21-10-13, 11:36

If I had only money to buy a car, I would buy a car first.
Bags and watches are secondary.
A car is something that I need and will use it daily for my family.

I won't wanna buy a luxury bag and squeeze in the crowded MRT and let people press onto my beloved bag.
The bag is to be hugged by myself and no one else.

chestnut
21-10-13, 11:38
If I had only money to buy a car, I would buy a car first.
Bags and watches are secondary.
A car is something that I need and will use it daily for my family.

I won't wanna buy a luxury bag and squeeze in the crowded MRT and let people press onto my beloved bag.
The bag is to be hugged by myself and no one else.

Interesting.... You must be very young :D:D:D:D

Cheers :cheers1::cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

mermaid
21-10-13, 11:40

frightening ... bro chestnut is an age reader :scared-1:

chestnut
21-10-13, 11:45
frightening ... bro chestnut is an age reader :scared-1:

Hahahaha... Aspirations of such items start young.... Once you have reached say >40, you will start thinking of retirement planning... more so when you are 45.... So there are tell tale signs when one shares their views....

It is not 100% correct but very close to that.... There will always be exceptions to the case...

Hahahahaha

As you can tell, I am an old man :OldFart::OldFart:

mermaid
21-10-13, 11:49
Once you have reached say >40, you will start thinking of retirement planning... more so when you are 45.... So there are tell tale signs when one shares their views....

oh dear! oh my! I rmb talking abt some retirement plans in some threads earlier on ... hmmm .... did I give myself away?! :scared-1:

Hahahahaha

As you can tell, I am an old man :OldFart::OldFart:

I believe u shd be ard 50+ bah, but yr style of writing dun sound like one. some ppl give themselves away one, haha :D

chestnut
21-10-13, 11:57
oh dear! oh my! I rmb talking abt some retirement plans in some threads earlier on ... hmmm .... did I give myself away?! :scared-1:

I believe u shd be ard 50+ bah, but yr style of writing dun sound like one. some ppl give themselves away one, haha :D

Below 50.... Hahahahaha

Yes u did give your age away - roughly....

But this is a forum... We are all wearing a mask... Phantom of the Opera.... Masquerade ...

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:03
Below 50.... Hahahahaha

Yes u did give your age away - roughly....

But this is a forum... We are all wearing a mask... Phantom of the Opera.... Masquerade ...

estimate such as below 50 is such a :doh: guess. I dun nid to hear a person's view in order to draw tis conclusion leh :tsk-tsk:

I tink the bulk here r in their 40-55 range ... below 40 & abv 55 shd be the minorities :o

P/S: I believe I did not give my age away :tongue3:

chestnut
21-10-13, 12:14
estimate such as below 50 is such a :doh: guess. I dun nid to hear a person's view in order to draw tis conclusion leh :tsk-tsk:

I tink the bulk here r in their 40-55 range ... below 40 & abv 55 shd be the minorities :o

P/S: I believe I did not give my age away :tongue3:

below 50 is for me .... hahahahaha

As for you my dear... 100% below 45.... and you should be below 40 which is great.... :D:D:D:D

Hahahahaha.... Just kidding around... We are all in this masquerade...

Relax lar...:D:D:D:D

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:18
below 50 is for me .... hahahahaha

As for you my dear... 100% below 45.... and you should be below 40 which is great.... :D:D:D:D

Hahahahaha.... Just kidding around... We are all in this masquerade...

Relax lar...:D:D:D:D

dun ever believe 100% wat ppl told u over the internet. who noes, I may jolly well turn out to be a guy! :tongue3:
but Im surprised u r below 50. but 49.5 oso still considered below 50 la, hahaha :D

chestnut
21-10-13, 12:21
dun ever believe 100% wat ppl told u over the internet. who noes, I may jolly well turn out to be a guy! :tongue3:
but Im surprised u r below 50. but 49.5 oso still considered below 50 la, hahaha :D

Oh... the age is the forum age... hahahahahaha

Actual age differs from person to person....

When I say you are below 40, i am referring to your avatar.. hahahahaha

:D:D:D:D:D:D

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:30
Oh... the age is the forum age... hahahahahaha

Actual age differs from person to person....

When I say you are below 40, i am referring to your avatar.. hahahahaha

:D:D:D:D:D:D

tat means u r too gullible liao. liddat u will be easily tricked by experienced forum players :47:

as much as many ppl try to delay/hide their physical age, I tink sometimes mental age is more frightening ...

chestnut
21-10-13, 12:33
tat means u r too gullible liao. liddat u will be easily tricked by experienced forum players :47:

as much as many ppl try to delay/hide their physical age, I tink sometimes mental age is more frightening ...

I am gullible :ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1:

cheers :cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 12:35
I am gullible :ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1:

cheers :cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

mermaid, uncle chestnut giving in to you la...

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:38

is bro, not uncle la ...
u address him as uncle tat means u r very young lor! :D

chestnut
21-10-13, 12:40
is bro, not uncle la ...
u address him as uncle tat means u r very young lor! :D

Some call me uncle, some call me bro, some call me ah hia... Make no diff lar.... We all here to to tcss....

So long as happy can liao....

Bottomline, we need to have positive attitude in life and then only we can see the jewel in the heap of shit... hahahahahahaha

chestnut
21-10-13, 12:44

Astroboy, dont like that leh... I have been watching your shows since childhood leh....

:):cheers1:

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:48
Some call me uncle, some call me bro, some call me ah hia... Make no diff lar.... We all here to to tcss....

So long as happy can liao....

Bottomline, we need to have positive attitude in life and then only we can see the jewel in the heap of shit... hahahahahahaha

if everything smooth sailing, of coz easy to hv positive attitude la ... life isn't a bed of roses, tat's the scary part, the unforeseen.

chloechen
21-10-13, 12:55

Thanks bro chestnut, you made my day!
I am young at heart.

Funny leh...when I was young (I remember when I was in Sec2), I visited my old pri school and discussed about condos with my teacher as I told her that I would be shifting into one, and she said I sounded very mature.
I just echoed to her what my parents told me.

Now you say I sound young.
Lol...but I take it as a compliment.

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:58
Thanks bro chestnut, you made my day!
I am young at heart.

Funny leh...when I was young (I remember when I was in Sec2), I visited my old pri school and discussed about condos with my teacher as I told her that I would be shifting into one, and she said I sounded very mature.
I just echoed to her what my parents told me.

Now you say I sound young.
Lol...but I take it as a compliment.

actually u oso sound young to me leh :D machiam those who has been out working for 1 or 2 yrs tat type :o

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 13:17
Astroboy, dont like that leh... I have been watching your shows since childhood leh....

:):cheers1:

aiyah why you leak out my part-time acting job :cool::cool:

remember those days.... casio baby G was the IN thing for teenagers... :D:D

mermaid
21-10-13, 13:28
aiyah why you leak out my part-time acting job :cool::cool:

remember those days.... casio baby G was the IN thing for teenagers... :D:D

ok let me ask u. yr sec 4 Chinese paper can bring dictionary?

Violinbite
21-10-13, 13:29
Looks like more watch colectors than bags colectors in this thread..:) Aiyoh, don't wish to revive this hobby.:D Maybe looking at pre-owned pieces is always better in value

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 13:45
ok let me ask u. yr sec 4 Chinese paper can bring dictionary?

how can?? isn't that cheating??

mermaid
21-10-13, 13:55
how can?? isn't that cheating??

haha, those born 1977 & after can liao la ...

Violinbite
21-10-13, 14:22
The good things in life cannot feed the poverty of the soul.

Nice picture of Mother Teresa.:) Nice quotes from the heart, I agree with her convictions. But do guard what we quote as a message of love conviction than a message of condemnation.
St Paul in the Bible also mentioned even if he himself offered his body to be burned, offered up all his posessions to the poor but not love, it account to nothings. 1Corinthian 13:3.

I respect Mother Teresa for her great love for the needy and poor, but I understood also that it takes a CALLING from God and grace from God to be able to do her ministry. Human love no matter how great will fail one another here and there, that is the reason why a high divine ministry needs His calling, as God cannot depend on our own righteous standard and our own compassion to run His Purpose.

I have found a place in His calling, certainly not as Mother Teresa, but certainly I see God's great compassion to the needy through her example. I m thankful in life for what He show to me this far, so I thank Him for every good things, including watches, houses, healthy kid.:) I thank God raising great people like Mother Teresa and St Paul for specific callings He purposed. - All this aside the existence of poors or poor souls, they are always there for our help. :)

zzz1
21-10-13, 14:35
haha, those born 1977 & after can liao la ...

Ha ha. May be he deliberately say can not???

mermaid
21-10-13, 14:36
Ha ha. That very sly of you leh..lol

hey, hey, hey! :(

I merely asked him a genuine qn yet u maligned me as sly! :mad: :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ha ha. May be he deliberately say can not???

but the prob is, he din say so mah ... liddat is not my fault liao :o

zzz1
21-10-13, 14:44
hey, hey, hey! :(

I merely asked him a genuine qn yet u maligned me as sly! :mad: :hell-hath-no-fury:

but the prob is, he din say so mah ... liddat is not my fault liao :o

That a good try...
Now pri can bring dictionary? ? Yes, no?? Move relative along with time...?

mermaid
21-10-13, 14:45
That a good try...
Now pri can bring dictionary? ? Yes, no?? Move relative along with time...?

u wanna test if I hv children onot issit? hahahaha :D

zzz1
21-10-13, 15:45
u wanna test if I hv children onot issit? hahahaha :D

lol

but you are not answering to d q leh

mermaid
21-10-13, 15:46
lol

but you are not answering to d q leh

I dun wan to answer! u muz be up to no gd! :(

onglai
21-10-13, 15:46

gold is just a piece of metal, cannot eat, cannot use. why worth so much? because there is a market for it. same as branded watch, wine, antique, painting etc... as long as there is a market, there will be a price. and price of branded watch will never be same as price of casio.

worth the money or not, the market will tell us. and the market is always right.

Ringo33
21-10-13, 17:12
gold is just a piece of metal, cannot eat, cannot use. why worth so much? because there is a market for it. same as branded watch, wine, antique, painting etc... as long as there is a market, there will be a price. and price of branded watch will never be same as price of casio.

worth the money or not, the market will tell us. and the market is always right.

A $30,000 watch will have less function than a $50 casio. Once a watch scratch or damaged, you will have to sell it as huge loses.

gold is just an example to show you why you should not waste time thinking of making money from collecting watches.

onglai
21-10-13, 17:50
A $30,000 watch will have less function than a $50 casio. Once a watch scratch or damaged, you will have to sell it as huge loses.

i think this one any collector also know, be it watches/currency/stamp/antique etc, once kena scratched, the value will be affected. Investing in these stuff is definitely more tricky then the conventional investment like property/stocks/bonds etc....

But as usual, for any form of investment, pple has to do their homework. Make money or not is a different story leow.

Ringo33
21-10-13, 18:04
i think this one any collector also know, be it watches/currency/stamp/antique etc, once kena scratched, the value will be affected. Investing in these stuff is definitely more tricky then the conventional investment like property/stocks/bonds etc....

But as usual, for any form of investment, pple has to do their homework. Make money or not is a different story leow.

I am always very curious why people actually buy watches and keep them brand new in the box?

I mean, if you cant afford to wear it, might as well get something cheaper like a citizen that cost a few hundred dollars.

onglai
21-10-13, 18:09
I am always very curious why people actually buy watches and keep them brand new in the box?

I mean, if you cant afford to wear it, might as well get something cheaper like a citizen that cost a few hundred dollars.

this one i fully agree with u. we belong to the group that 'does not enjoy the finer things in life'

hehe

Violinbite
21-10-13, 19:49

any advice ?

Buy what flows in your heart. I don't think it will go too wrong if the watch falls within your budget. My thumb of small rule is to use it according to your social needs. I don't want to call watches as really investment. As long we are end-users and not a dealer of any sort, be prepared to bleed a little cash after the term of enjoyment is over. But to keep, then it will be fine. Don't buy b'cos it is a hype or sort after models, you are the living being that express your likings but not the watch w no eyes to its master. Enjoy your search:)

astroboy8681
21-10-13, 23:32
Buy what flows in your heart. I don't think it will go too wrong if the watch falls within your budget. My thumb of small rule is to use it according to your social needs. I don't want to call watches as really investment. As long we are end-users and not a dealer of any sort, be prepared to bleed a little cash after the term of enjoyment is over. But to keep, then it will be fine. Don't buy b'cos it is a hype or sort after models, you are the living being that express your likings but not the watch w no eyes to its master. Enjoy your search:)

Precisely! Don't know why some idiot come on here and compare Casio with Rolex??

Already said his piece ask him go back to his Jurong story... Still he needs to poke his long nose in here...

Ringo33
21-10-13, 23:48
Precisely! Don't know why some idiot come on here and compare Casio with Rolex??

Already said his piece ask him go back to his Jurong story... Still he needs to poke his long nose in here...

I told you a casio watch can perform better than your luxury watch you dont believe. Not you calling people idiot?

I guess a man who have never tasted the finer things in life will always like to make a big deal out of it

mermaid
22-10-13, 00:11

a person who oni stays in budget hostel will/can nvr understand y others r wilking to splurge on 5 stars hotel.

star
22-10-13, 00:36
Money in the bank is only digits if u never use it. Money become value if u buy something u like or use it for some purposes. But just dun over spend it can already.

Arcachon
22-10-13, 02:01
Money = Debt. The higher the leverage the higher is the risk and return.

minority
22-10-13, 06:32
have $$ put in nice BAG!

Many BAG means many $$$$

Shanhz
22-10-13, 09:23

u talking about apple isit?
dunno why iphone5s so difficult to buy, but samsung can buy so easily

chloechen
22-10-13, 09:29
u talking about apple isit?
dunno why iphone5s so difficult to buy, but samsung can buy so easily

Samsung is like coach, and kate spade bags.
Common and functional.

Iphone 5s is like some atas luxury bag.
Must wait till neck long long before you can get hold of it.

I am still waiting for my Iphone 5s gold.
I can't wait to put into my new bag which I will be getting as a gift for xmas.
Do you think I can get the Iphone 5s gold by xmas?

Ringo33
22-10-13, 09:31
Common and functional.

iPhones are all made in China. How atas can you get?

Shanhz
22-10-13, 09:34

singtel online store already got stocks every now and then. no need wait until xmas.

chloechen
22-10-13, 10:08
singtel online store already got stocks every now and then. no need wait until xmas.

Mine is with M1.
Any idea whether M1 got or not?
TIA.

DMCK
22-10-13, 10:12
get a vetu lah..

Violinbite
22-10-13, 10:20
Common and functional.

You can try starhub at clementi mall basement. I was fortunate to get the iphone 5s gold version 64gb last sunday. No crowd. But singtel upstairs has nothing... strange.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 10:21
get a vetu lah..

wannabe who try to look rich wont touch it because they know that there are no resale market for it and they cant afford to write it off after 1 year.

chloechen
22-10-13, 10:24
You can try starhub at clementi mall basement. I was fortunate to get the iphone 5s gold version 64gb last sunday. No crowd. But singtel upstairs has nothing... strange.

Thanks.
I will wait for M1 since my contract is with them.
But I may visit Clementi Mall, so long haven't been there.
It is an SPH managed mall...I can't wait for Seletar Mall to be built.

astroboy8681
22-10-13, 11:17
the best medicine is silence, hopefully that idiot gets it...

between i thought Iphone 5s Gold islandwide sold out! i just bought a 64GB gray over weekend from plaza sing.... ouch

violin, can trade? :D

Ringo33
22-10-13, 11:40
Like I always say before. there is no need to pretend to be atas or rich by bragging in the forum.

If you want to impress, do it in the real world, and that is you can even look convincing at all.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 13:24
Saw this picture

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994930_10151795119539262_1395628887_n.jpg

Violinbite
22-10-13, 13:34

between i thought Iphone 5s Gold islandwide sold out! i just bought a 64GB gray over weekend from plaza sing.... ouch

Wah lao... Cannot lah... Previously I was still using Iphone 3GS, waited past and ignored 4,,4S and 5, and waited until contract past beyond 24mth for this new 'gold' nugget.:D Black 'Titanium' version is also cool lah, accessories also easier to find and match..:)

Hey, but I like your spirit of asking.. at least you bother to ask not fearing a no for answer. Unlike many around me, they forgot that sometimes life needed asking and waiting. :)

tradert
22-10-13, 13:37
Different strokes, different folks.

Recently I got a circa 1920s Omega ladies watch for my wife. I'm pretty sure the $50 Casio can't last for a century.

Violinbite
22-10-13, 13:54
Different strokes, different folks.

Recently I got a circa 1920s Omega ladies watch for my wife. I'm pretty sure the $50 Casio can't last for a century.

Previously, I got old Renis swiss watches from a brazil dealer, automatic with both day/date functions. Bought whole lot of 5-6 pieces at a very good price, each below $60. In the end, I manage to sell 3 pieces for double the price, gave away one as gift and kept one myself. Very nice retro clean watch. - Just one of the interesting thing I did last time while collecting swiss watches years back:)

chloechen
22-10-13, 14:15
I can't wait for my Hello Kitty Vabene watch this xmas.
It has Swarovski crystals into.

astroboy8681
22-10-13, 14:53
Wah lao... Cannot lah... Previously I was still using Iphone 3GS, waited past and ignored 4,,4S and 5, and waited until contract past beyond 24mth for this new 'gold' nugget.:D Black 'Titanium' version is also cool lah, accessories also easier to find and match..:)

Hey, but I like your spirit of asking.. at least you bother to ask not fearing a no for answer. Unlike many around me, they forgot that sometimes life needed asking and waiting. :)

heh heh heh no harm asking aight.... i'm an extremely pro-active individual even for my mature old age :D

astroboy motto in life : life is short and all about risk -taking long as the gain outweighs the consequences...

ps : hope that idiot gets the drift and stop staining this thread any further...

Shanhz
22-10-13, 15:12

my wife got a 16GB gold from singtel online store last week.

Lovelle
22-10-13, 15:28
Previously, I got old Renis swiss watches from a brazil dealer, automatic with both day/date functions. Bought whole lot of 5-6 pieces at a very good price, each below $60. In the end, I manage to sell 3 pieces for double the price, gave away one as gift and kept one myself. Very nice retro clean watch. - Just one of the interesting thing I did last time while collecting swiss watches years back:)

thats a good deal

astroboy8681
22-10-13, 15:55
my wife got a 16GB gold from singtel online store last week.

64GB gray for 16GB gold, new for new. what's your opinion? :)

Ringo33
22-10-13, 17:23
If you are still chasing after luxury goods, that means you are not really "there" yet.

Spare time, personal life more important than luxury goods to S'pore's affluent: Survey

Affluent Singaporeans place more priority on having time to keep fit and achieving greater work-life balance than having more money to buy more luxury goods. This is according to a survey conducted by market research company TNS Singapore.

The Visa Affluent Study 2013, which was released on Tuesday, looked at spending habits, priorities in life and the perception of luxury among the well-off in different countries.

Some 81 per cent of the 500 consumers surveyed in Singapore associated luxury with having spare time to do what they wanted, compared to a regional average of 75 per cent. In comparison, 54 per cent said that luxury to them meant owning the best brands.

A total of 4,846 consumers were polled between November last year and January this year, in 10 countries including Australia, China, and Russia. Those surveyed were credit card holders between the ages of 18 to 55 and in the top 20 per cent of each country's income distribution range.

onglai
22-10-13, 17:39
If you are still chasing after luxury goods, that means you are not really "there" yet.

when wear a nice watch n accidentally knock on the gate or something when u swing your arm, and feel very sim tia -- the watch is too expensive for u.

:)

Ringo33
22-10-13, 17:45
when wear a nice watch n accidentally knock on the gate or something when u swing your arm, and feel very sim tia -- the watch is too expensive for u.

yar. perhaps cannot sleep because cannot sell as BNIB anymore. :)

tradert
22-10-13, 19:23

Nice. At least there's someone who appreciates Swiss watches.

mermaid
22-10-13, 22:51

Im sure he got put tat rubber rubber thingy on his casio la, hahaha :D