PDA

View Full Version : they should remove SSD now

smellyfish
02-10-13, 19:44
if they truly want the price to fall?

given the demand side squeeze now, any supply side increase would push down price even more??

the SSD is now a heating rather than cooling measure.

star
02-10-13, 20:15

given the demand side squeeze now, any supply side increase would push down price even more??

They are waiting for people to complain in Hong Lim park before they remove SSD. No complain no remove. Complain will be good excuse to remove SSD.

thomastansb
02-10-13, 21:31
Not really. Once SSD is removed, buyers that are deterred by SSD will come in and increase the demand.

So it depends whether the number of buyers affected by SSD is greater or sellers affected by SSD is greater.

august
03-10-13, 01:55
any policy roll-back will likely start with the most recently implemented, means SSD will be the last to be removed.

Violinbite
03-10-13, 07:09
any policy roll-back will likely start with the most recently implemented, means SSD will be the last to be removed.

On the whole the govt I think they don't want anyone to speculate the market, and buyers who commit to a property must be somehow in line with their home ownership perspective. A contributor to Singapore society, financial fundermental of one that is sound, must have a sound job. The only one thing they cant control is retrenchment, which have the deadly impact of servicing the housing loan. I m quite thankful for their policies, even I can't buy anymore investment property from now on, but I think prices shld be relatively stable.

kane
03-10-13, 09:01
Not really. Once SSD is removed, buyers that are deterred by SSD will come in and increase the demand.

So it depends whether the number of buyers affected by SSD is greater or sellers affected by SSD is greater.

with tdsr, decently located projects can sell 50% on launch weekend. the outcome can be quite shocking if they took away ssd.

Ringo33
03-10-13, 09:37

what government truly want is to make HDB price more affordable while continue to squeeze for maximum returns in their GLS for private property.

This government is revenue driven, if they let private property price to fall, GLSs will suffer huge revenue lost and its not a good thing to happen at a time when Singapore is freeing up so much land for future development.

radha08
03-10-13, 23:49
its all about $$$:cool: