PDA

View Full Version : Pasir Ris international school design tweaked after residents' objections

princess_morbucks
01-10-13, 10:53
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/pasir-ris-international-school-design-tweaked-after-residents-objectio

By Grace Chua
A group of residents in Pasir Ris have lost a long-running battle to stop the Government from giving approval for a new international school close to their homes.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) informed the residents recently that the Overseas Family School (OFS) will proceed, but with a design addressing some concerns they had raised.

Some residents were concerned that the school's 12-storey buildings would loom over their homes, while others were keen to preserve a forested area.

Some were also worried that transport for its 4,800 pupils would affect traffic flow.

01-10-13, 15:33
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/pasir-ris-international-school-design-tweaked-after-residents-objectio

By Grace Chua
A group of residents in Pasir Ris have lost a long-running battle to stop the Government from giving approval for a new international school close to their homes.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) informed the residents recently that the Overseas Family School (OFS) will proceed, but with a design addressing some concerns they had raised.

Some residents were concerned that the school's 12-storey buildings would loom over their homes, while others were keen to preserve a forested area.

Some were also worried that transport for its 4,800 pupils would affect traffic flow.

Will residents vote for opposition since they didn't get what they want....some food for thought

amazon777
01-10-13, 15:43
Will residents vote for opposition since they didn't get what they want....some food for thought

In the Punggol-Pasir ris GRC, these landed owners form too small a mass to influence the votes

hopeful
01-10-13, 15:55
why dont they form an association, pool their resources, demolished their homes and built a multi-storey apartment to rent out to these students?

bargain hunter
01-10-13, 19:22
their homes are sitting on land zoned for mixed landed housing. cannot build multi storey apartment.

the land behind, gahmen just zoned it as for schools recently.

why dont they form an association, pool their resources, demolished their homes and built a multi-storey apartment to rent out to these students?

princess_morbucks
01-10-13, 20:29
From what I know, some of the landed homes in Pasir Ris are 99y LH and some are 999 y LH.
That means your land can be 999 y , but your next door neighbour's can be 99y.

bargain hunter
01-10-13, 21:08
i believe the row facing the school mostly are 99.

From what I know, some of the landed homes in Pasir Ris are 99y LH and some are 999 y LH.
That means your land can be 999 y , but your next door neighbour's can be 99y.

radha08
01-10-13, 21:33
In the Punggol-Pasir ris GRC, these landed owners form too small a mass to influence the votes

i also say:D:D:D

radha08
01-10-13, 21:35
in summary pasir ris will never be the same again...good or bad only time will tell:cool:

radha08
01-10-13, 21:38
look on the bright side your home values will go up...rental will increase end of day its all about the $$$$...u want peace quiet...buy iskander:sleep:

ilgr
02-10-13, 09:58
those landed home owners must be damn sian. from vast acres of greenery to a noisy school.

princess_morbucks
02-10-13, 11:13
those landed home owners must be damn sian. from vast acres of greenery to a noisy school.

I am quite sure the rental of the houses there will be in demand once the school is up.

radha08
04-10-13, 00:14
I am quite sure the rental of the houses there will be in demand once the school is up.

in 3 years time the same kids father will be standing at the balcony and looking out and the article in the papers would read..."Pasir ris international school WELCOMED by residents...cos of BOOOOOOOOOOOMING rentals:doh::doh::doh:"

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/20131001/ST_20131001_VPASIRRIS_3860602e.jpg

radha08
04-10-13, 00:16
if singapore is not about Property and $$$ then what is it about:2cents:

radha08
04-10-13, 00:19

sis i am VERY VERY sure it will be in demand....angmo...love landed and sporean loving renting out their landed for $6k PM to angmo and renting condo for $3k PM for self stay and having $3k PM balance to sit in coffeeshop and drink kopi/beer:cheers1:

wirehtc
04-10-13, 10:16
The school and rental units will be attractive to expatriates working in Changi. Now Orchard Road will finally have less jam due to the taxis and school buses, because they will be shifted to Pasir Ris :)