PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE - House Breaking on the Rise

Ringo33
29-09-13, 09:28
This is exactly the reason why many rich Singaporeans still prefer to live in apartments rather than landed. Some are even willing to spend GCB money on CCR Penthouses.

When you live in big landed, you have to grilled up the entire place and close your window every night when you sleep. With apartment you can always sleep in peace.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/20130929/ST_20130929_BSSIGN29_3858162e.jpg

When Linden Drive resident Zena Lim first saw a large sign near her home in Bukit Timah alerting residents about a break-in in her estate, she got a little worried.

That, however, quickly turned into fear after she spotted more of the same signs around her neighbourhood.

"I was very alarmed," said the 37-year-old ophthalmologist. "Were there multiple incidents? Have there been any arrests?"

She was not the only one rattled by the "crime alerts" put up by the police to warn homeowners to keep their guard up against break-ins.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/several-crime-alert-signs-bukit-timah-20130929

hsifreffup
29-09-13, 11:44
This is exactly the reason why many rich Singaporeans still prefer to live in apartments rather than landed. Some are even willing to spend GCB money on CCR Penthouses.

Do you have any facts or figures to support your above statement or is it just another of your fear mongering techniques for anything landed?

Ringo33
29-09-13, 12:10
Do you have any facts or figures to support your above statement or is it just another of your fear mongering techniques for anything landed?

Singapore police force website has got all the facts. Next time when you see ang mob jogging around landed estate, don't feel good. They might be some syndicate looking for house to break in.

hsifreffup
29-09-13, 12:17
Singapore police force website has got all the facts. Next time when you see ang mob jogging around landed estate, don't feel good. They might be some syndicate looking for house to break in.

Umm, Singapore Police Force website does not tell me if UHNWI or any collective group of HDB investors are turning to CCR penthouses from GCBs. Nor do they provide any statistics about it. So, do provide some facts and/or numbers to backup what you said.

Ringo33
29-09-13, 13:15
Umm, Singapore Police Force website does not tell me if UHNWI or any collective group of HDB investors are turning to CCR penthouses from GCBs. Nor do they provide any statistics about it. So, do provide some facts and/or numbers to backup what you said.

Did you create a new account because I keep telling you to read my signature?

Please come clean. who exactly are you?

hsifreffup
29-09-13, 13:23
Did you create a new account because I keep telling you to read my signature?

Please come clean. who exactly are you?

Please come clean too. You do not have the facts or figures to support your claims, yes?

Ringo33
29-09-13, 14:12
Please come clean too. You do not have the facts or figures to support your claims, yes?

Sorry I don't entertain people using fake account as I find them filty despicable and not worthy of my time.

You should feel ashamed of youself for doing that. In other forum you will be banned long ago.

hsifreffup
29-09-13, 14:29
Sorry I don't entertain people using fake account as I find them filty despicable and not worthy of my time.

You should feel ashamed of youself for doing that. In other forum you will be banned long ago.

At the end of the day, all you do is make unsubstantiated claims. You should feel ashamed of yourself for doing that.

DC33_2008
29-09-13, 15:21
West is the best for R33. :sleep:

proper-t
29-09-13, 16:40
Weekend entertainment is back !

Isn't R33 hilarious ?

For Jurong - Garden of eden without fault and superb prospects

Against Bishan - he brings up proximity to crematoriums

Against landed - he brings up housebreaking

Any newbie opposes him and ask him to substantiate claims - that person is using a fake account

Stay tuned to comedy central....

Rysk
29-09-13, 16:54
West is the best for R33. :sleep:

Is West cum OCR cum 99-yr LH cum MM unit lah :D

Ringo33
29-09-13, 18:14
I mentioned this exactly 1 years ago. No one seems believe that house breaking are spreading into prime district.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14992

proper-t
29-09-13, 18:44
And I thought my weekend entertainment was over...

Have you substantiated your claim below? Please retract your statement if you do not have the facts to back it.

Hmmm, from SPF website, it seems housebreaking fell the most compared to last year.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/stats/statsmid2013_overall.htm

OVERALL
CRIME FELL BY 6.3%

In the first
six-months of 2013, overall crime reported fell by 6.3% to 14,562 cases as
compared to 15,539 cases over the same period last year.

Four of the
six crime classes registered decreases. They are namely, Housebreaking and
Related Crimes (-24.3%), Commercial Crimes (-14.3%), Theft and Related Crimes
(-6.8%) and Miscellaneous Crimes (-4.8%). Improvements were seen in
unlicensed moneylending and phone scams, which were concerns highlighted for

Two crime
classes registered increases. They are Crimes Against Persons (+ 5.3%)
and Violent Property Crimes (+3.7%).

Ringo33
29-09-13, 19:11
And I thought my weekend entertainment was over...

Have you substantiated your claim below? Please retract your statement if you do not have the facts to back it.

Hmmm, from SPF website, it seems housebreaking fell the most compared to last year.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/stats/statsmid2013_overall.htm

What is your opinion on people using multiple fake account in this forum

proper-t
29-09-13, 19:22
What a dunce. Why do I need to create a fake account when I can claim credit myself for proving to the entire forum what a comedian you are?

I just regret I did not get to rebut you earlier as hsifreffup beat me to the chase. I welcome any challenges to prove that hsifreffup and I are the same person.

In fact, if it can be proven that we are the same person. I will personally apologize to you in every section of this forum. If the converse is true, you have to apologize to me and hsifreffup in every section of this forum.

You game ?

Ringo33
29-09-13, 19:43
What a dunce. Why do I need to create a fake account when I can claim credit myself for proving to the entire forum what a comedian you are?

I just regret I did not get to rebut you earlier as hsifreffup beat me to the chase. I welcome any challenges to prove that hsifreffup and I are the same person.

In fact, if it can be proven that we are the same person. I will personally apologize to you in every section of this forum. If the converse is true, you have to apologize to me and hsifreffup in every section of this forum.

You game ?

You are not answering my question.

proper-t
29-09-13, 19:53
You are not answering my question.

As expected...avoidance again.

Come on, stop cowering behind the keyboard and rise to the challenge.

If hsifreffup and I are the same person, I will personally apologize to you in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting from the day the outcome is determined

If hsifreffup and I are not the same person, you will personally apologize to both of us in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting from the day the outcome is determined.

Agreed?

Ringo33
29-09-13, 20:07
As expected...avoidance again.

Come on, stop cowering behind the keyboard and rise to the challenge.

If hsifreffup and I are the same person, I will personally apologize to you in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting from the day the outcome is determined

If hsifreffup and I are not the same person, you will personally apologize to both of us in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting from the day the outcome is determined.

Agreed?

Do you think that hsifreffup is a fake account?

proper-t
29-09-13, 20:13
Do you think that hsifreffup is a fake account?

Does it matter who rebuts you? If you can't substantively counter that person's statement, you lose credibility all the same.

Only bullies and cowards without substance worry about who is behind the persona.

So can I take it that by your meandering avoidance questions you have no stomach to take up my challenge below?

Regulators
29-09-13, 20:17
Doorway cooking some more, leave the door open neighbour can see n smell him frying onions :doh:
Is West cum OCR cum 99-yr LH cum MM unit lah :D

Ringo33
29-09-13, 22:42
Does it matter who rebuts you? If you can't substantively counter that person's statement, you lose credibility all the same.

Only bullies and cowards without substance worry about who is behind the persona.

So can I take it that by your meandering avoidance questions you have no stomach to take up my challenge below?

So you are perfectly fine with others using fake forum account?

proper-t
29-09-13, 23:02
So you are perfectly fine with others using fake forum account?

Please stop avoiding the inevitable by trying to change topic.

You have 3 options.

1. Address hsifreffup rebuttal and provide substantive facts to back your statement below:

2. Retract your statement in (1) above.

3. Take up my challenge below

If hsifreffup and I are the same person, I will personally apologize to you
in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting from the day the outcome is determined

If hsifreffup and I are not the same person, you will personally apologize to
both of us in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting
from the day the outcome is determined.

Failing to do either of the above 3 and continuing with your avoidance line of questioning will just open more forumers' eyes about your true colours (not that it hasn't been revealed already by the rest of your 'fan' club here).

Please carry on...I am enjoying my weekend entertainment.

Ringo33
29-09-13, 23:04
Please stop avoiding the inevitable by trying to change topic.

You have 3 options.

1. Address hsifreffup rebuttal and provide substantive facts to back your statement below:

Failing to do either of the above 3 and continuing with your avoidance line of questioning will just open more forumers' eyes about your true colours (not that it hasn't been revealed already by the rest of your 'fan' club here).

Please carry on...I need my weekend entertainment.

You seems to be very interested in what hsifreffup has to say. Does it mean that using fake forum accounts is perfectly fine with you? Especially in the context of protecting self interest?

proper-t
29-09-13, 23:08
You seems to be very interested in what hsifreffup has to say. Does it mean that using fake forum accounts is perfectly fine with you? Especially in the context of protecting self interest?

hsifreffup made a valid point which you have not addressed. Why are you still trying to avoid addressing it by bringing up this fake account topic which has nothing to do with what is being discussed at hand.

Protecting your self-interest or trying to save face because you have no answer?

Ringo33
29-09-13, 23:14
hsifreffup made a valid point which you have not addressed. Why are you still trying to avoid addressing it by bringing up this fake account topic which has nothing to do with what is being discussed at hand.

Protecting your self-interest or trying to save face because you have no answer?

So can I assume you are implying that using fake forum account is not an issue at all since you are more interested in what he said instead of the credibility of the person?

Is this due to your self interest?

proper-t
29-09-13, 23:27
So can I assume you are implying that using fake forum account is not an issue at all since you are more interested in what he said instead of the credibility of the person?

Is this due to your self interest?

You honestly think you can regain all the credibility you lost so far in this thread by trying to corner me into a meaningless discussion on fake accounts?

Let's get back to the discussion at hand. Your 3 options await . Are you going to take the bull by the horns or continue to paddle down your meandering drain. Don't worry, I have plenty of patience and will steer you back to the correct path

You have 3 options.

in every section of this forum everyday for a whole week starting from the day the outcome is determined

Ringo33
29-09-13, 23:35
You honestly think you can regain all the credibility you lost so far in this thread by trying to corner me into a meaningless discussion on fake accounts?

Let's get back to the discussion at hand. Your 3 options await . Are you going to take the bull by the horns or continue to paddle down your meandering drain. Don't worry, I have plenty of patience and will steer you back to the correct path

You have 3 options.

Are you implying that you find the someone who is using fake forum account credible? How much do you know about this person btw?

As you perfectly comfortable with people using fake forum account? Is this motivated by self interest?

proper-t
29-09-13, 23:46
Are you implying that you find the someone who is using fake forum account credible? How much do you know about this person btw?

As you perfectly comfortable with people using fake forum account? Is this motivated by self interest?

It seems all your effort in battling others in the threads has killed off whatever little brain cells you have left. I used to deal with a slightly better version but never mind, it is still cheap entertainment.

Do you think that carrying on this line of questioning is going to resurrect you from your pitiable state? The more you refuse to address the relevant topic, the more you are going to sink.

I could carry on all night. Let's get back to the topic.

You have 3 options.

Ringo33
29-09-13, 23:51
It seems all your effort in battling others in the threads has killed off whatever little brain cells you have left. I used to deal with a slightly better version but never mind, it is still cheap entertainment.

Do you think that carrying on this line of questioning is going to resurrect you from your pitiable state? The more you refuse to address the relevant topic, the more you are going to sink.

I could carry on all night. Let's get back to the topic.

You have 3 options.

Does someone using fake identity and account in this forum doesnt bother you at all? If yes, why yes?

proper-t
29-09-13, 23:57
Does someone using fake identity and account in this forum doesnt bother you at all? If yes, why yes?

Oh dear, your brain cells must be totally fried. You really have nothing better or different than the above?

Get back to topic.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 00:02
Oh dear, your brain cells must be totally fried. You really have nothing better or different than the above?

Get back to topic.

Its does seems to me that you are not very bother by or interested about that someone who uses fake account in the forum. Very curious leh. Are you trying to shift the focus away from the subject??

proper-t
30-09-13, 00:09
Its does seems to me that you are not very bother by or interested about that someone who uses fake account in the forum. Very curious leh. Are you trying to shift the focus away from the subject??

Can you tell readers here what the title of the thread is? Last I checked, it wasn't about fake accounts.

I had the best laugh when you accused me of trying to shift the focus away. Even a reader with half a brain can see what you are trying to do here.

Your attempts to avoid the questions are getting so lame and are now stuck in a repetitive rut. I really think you have lost it and don't even care what the forum thinks of you anymore.

My deepest sympathies to you.

I used to have more fun with the old Ringo33..pity

Ringo33
30-09-13, 00:29
Can you tell readers here what the title of the thread is? Last I checked, it wasn't about fake accounts.

I had the best laugh when you accused me of trying to shift the focus away. Even a reader with half a brain can see what you are trying to do here.

Your attempts to avoid the questions are getting so lame and are now stuck in a repetitive rut. I really think you have lost it and don't even care what the forum thinks of you anymore.

My deepest sympathies to you.

I used to have more fun with the old Ringo33..pity

Are you saying you will engage in a discussion with someone who uses fake forum account and you have no issue about it?

proper-t
30-09-13, 00:35
Are you saying you will engage in a discussion with someone who using fake forum account and you have no issue about it?

Get back to topic. Your options below.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 00:48
Get back to topic. Your options below.

So to you its perfectly fine to engage someone who is using a fake forum account? And why are you so interested in what hsifreffup has to say but not bother the possibility he is using a fake account? Are you trying to divert attention away from the subject? But why? You know who is behind this account?

proper-t
30-09-13, 00:55
Since we all know what you are going to post next and are never going to tackle the actual discussion at hand, let's spice things up with all your recent fan reviews. Its the least I could do since you just don't offer the same std of entertainment anymore. I must say the intensity of your 'fans' is astonishing,

kaoz who's the clown... i sign off came back after 12 hrs and sore thumb had already posted like 50 times?! god, where is your freaking life...

what's the turnover of your keyboard? twice a month? downright appalling...

forummers are right, name calling is uncalled for... but you are set in stone, legendary in kind, wretched in life i can only say you deserve all these "limelight"

go do a poll : 99% would opt to stay in a residential-zone homes otherwise 1% (you and your comrades) stay in industrial-zone, nostril soot filling homes...

go on defending, your vision isn't very far off from thin blur lines...

pardon my outburst i hope you enjoyed your cup noodle dinner last night :)
today's lunch must be equally salivating...

cant believe that ringo33 spent the whole weekend spewing this slew of posts, while the rest of singapore is immersed in F1 race fun.
Here I have something to share :
- took a group of overseas visitors to boon tong kee at river valley road before F1, most like the vibes of this neighborhood, and some queried about properties in this area. I couldnt imagine myself bringing them to Jurong for dinner and have dinner in midst of oil refineries
- met up a businessman at F1 event. He recently relocated his office from tuas to a more centralized RCR location - why? singaporeans are picky and choose jobs based on location - he has a better catchment of good job candidates once moving there.
- I think the way to play the JLD story to be vested in foreign workers dormitories in Jurong - there is a SGX-listed stock called centurion group in this domain. The stock price has been going up.
- Sulphur dioxide pollution in Jurong is worst in Singapore - for any expat who relocates from Beijing(or any major cities in China) to Singapore, they will think twice before next to oil refineries

ringo33 is slewing so much hatred in this thread that bad karma has bestowed the western dragon - from Capitaland HQ to roof collapsing... not sure what gonna happen next - God bless this western dragon....

hsifreffup
30-09-13, 00:56
Congratulations, Ringo33, you have promoted yourself from making unsubstantiated claims to wild accusations. If you truly believe me to be a fake account, by all means please prove it.

For the record, this thread is about house break-ins and it's impact on property selection by "rich Singaporeans". If you can, provide some facts and figures to support your argument. Thank you.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 01:05
Congratulations, Ringo33, you have promoted yourself from making unsubstantiated claims to wild accusations. If you truly believe me to be a fake account, by all means please prove it.

For the record, this thread is about house break-ins and it's impact on property selection by "rich Singaporeans". If you can, provide some facts and figures to support your argument. Thank you.

Sorry I don't entertain people using fake account as I find them filthy despicable and not worthy of my time.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 01:13
Police have arrested a 59-year-old man who is believed to be involved in several cases of housebreaking at Bukit Timah vicinity.

Since early February 2013, Police received several reports of break-ins at private residential premises in the vicinity of Bukit Timah. Tanglin Police Division set up a task force to apprehend the suspect. Through extensive enquiries and investigative follow-ups, the identity of the suspect was established and he was arrested on 6 April 2013 in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect is believed to be involved in at least 3 cases of Housebreaking and Theft by Day.
The suspect will be charged in Court on 8 April 2013 for Housebreaking and Theft by Day under Section 454 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. If convicted, he faces a jail term of up to 10 years.

Commander of Tanglin Police Division, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police (DAC) Lu Yeow Lim commended the officers for their team work and perseverance resulting in the arrest of the suspect. DAC Lu also reminded home owners to adopt the following crime prevention measure to prevent break-ins into their homes:

Make sure that your main doors and windows are properly secured with strong grilles and good quality locks;
Do not leave large amounts of cash in your home. All cash, jewelleries and valuable items should be kept in a bank or in a good quality safe that is anchored to the wall/floor to prevent the safe from being carted away; and
Consider installing a burglar alarm system; If you are going on a vacation, you should consider:

Entrusting family members or neighbours to conduct regular visits to your home while you are away; and
Making arrangements to suspend your newspaper subscriptions as uncollected newspapers are tell-tale signs that a house is not occupied;

proper-t
30-09-13, 01:14
Sorry I don't entertain people using fake account as I find them filthy despicable and not worthy of my time.

Above statement roughly translated after running it through Ringo33 tru-speak - "I am unable to counter your statement with logic and I need to get out of this quickly without looking silly and at the same time sling some mud"

Ringo33
30-09-13, 01:20
Roughly translated after running it through Ringo33 tru-speak - "I am unable to counter your statement with logic and I need to get out of this quickly without looking silly and at the same time sling some mud"

I presume you dont mind engaging people using fake account? Wonder if you will engage me when I start using fake account here? I presume you would right?

proper-t
30-09-13, 01:29
Firstly, hsifreffup has done nothing to arouse any suspicion of a fake account. If all you have going for you is wild speculation that hsifreffup is a fake account and don't have any concrete evidence to prove it, then you should assume he/she is genuine and accord him/her the common courtesy of answering the question.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 01:47
Firstly, hsifreffup has done nothing to arouse any suspicion of a fake account. If all you have going for you is wild speculation that hsifreffup is a fake account and don't have any concrete evidence to prove it, then you should assume he/she is genuine and accord him/her the
common courtesy of answering the question.

So you are saying that pufferfish is not a fake account? Do you have concrete evidence to prove it?

proper-t
30-09-13, 06:32
So you are saying that pufferfish is not a fake account? Do you have concrete evidence to prove it?

Shouldn't the onus of proof be on the one making the accusation?

Please let us know how you deduce that accounts are fake?

EBD
30-09-13, 09:38

I think you will find that to be a concept that doesn't work in Ringo-world™.

The burden of proof for non-narcissists is on the one making a claim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof
not the "accused" so to speak.

In Ringo-world™ - Ringo is always right. So now the burden in Ringo-world™ is perversely reversed with the accused having to prove himself innocent, not the accuser proving him guilty.
I'd hate to be accused of a crime in Ringo-world™, what we think of natural justice would be laid to waste.

If the tables were turned & you were accusing him of posting from "fake" accounts - then I feel the burden of proof would be now switch back to it's rightful place of being on you.
You see, Ringo-world™ is a very inconsistent and illogical place. It's chaotic logic can only truly be understood by one person. King Ringo.

This is why for the sake of my own sanity I decided some time ago to disengage from direct interaction with him as I don't want to be beaten by his wealth of experience - a little more of, and of such staggering quality, which has been added on this thread for all to see.

The Ad nauseam attempt to shift debate from the topic at hand is classic hypocrisy if you look at other threads he engages in where he demands others stay on topic. Only through the lens of Ringo-world™ can this phenomenal debating style be truly understood.

I don't know if I admire or pity him that he stays up all hours "arguing" on this board - clearly with people he doesn't think are idiots or he would have stopped long ago. Oh wait - maybe the "never argue with an idiot" line in Ringo-world™ means keep carrying on arguing with an idiot. :beats-me-man:

Ringo33
30-09-13, 10:10
EBD, while you are still around. Can you share with us your opinion about Bishan. Is that a good or bad street?

Ringo33
30-09-13, 10:12

If you dont believe pufferfish is a fake account, then it your onus to proof me wrong. Unless of course you personally know who is running this fake account. hmm...:rolleyes:

proper-t
30-09-13, 10:20
If you dont believe pufferfish is a fake account, then it your onus to proof me wrong. Unless of course you personally know who is running this fake account. hmm...:rolleyes:

Firstly, thanks to EBD for baiting him out again.

I really thought my morning entertainment would not materialize.

Its really no skin off my nose whether the account is fake or not but your reluctance to answer the question posed by that account based on a filmsy uncorroborated excuse that it is a fake account weighs heavily on your credibility.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 10:27
Firstly, thanks to EBD for baiting him out again.

I really thought my morning entertainment would not materialize.

Its really no skin off my nose whether the account is fake or not but your reluctance to answer the question pose by that account based on a filmsy uncorroborated excuse that it is a fake account weighs heavily on your credibility.

[/I]

Are you saying that you have no issue with others using fake account and you will gladly entertain them? Yes or No?

If so, I presume it wont be too difficult to set up a fake account and trick you into believe its real. OR will that depends if they have good or bad things to say about landed property?

proper-t
30-09-13, 10:34
Are you saying that you have no issue with others using fake account and you will gladly entertain them? Yes or No?

If so, I presume it wont be too difficult to set up a fake account and trick you into believe its real. OR will that depends if they have good or bad things to say about landed property?

You haven't even proven that its a fake account, so let's not talk about whether I have an issue with it.

Your reason for not answering his/her question is because you think he/she is a fake account. Until you can prove that he/she is a fake account, your 'reason' is nothing but an excuse to get out of answering the question.

Prove he/she is a fake or answer the question below. Its your credibility at stake not mine.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 10:38
You haven't even proven that its a fake account, so let's not talk about whether I have an issue with it.

Your reason for not answering his/her question is because you think he/she is a fake account. Until you can prove that he/she is a fake account, your 'reason' is nothing but an excuse to get out of answering the question.

Prove he/she is a fake or answer the question below. Its your credibility at stake not mine.

So you perfectly fine with others using 2 fake accounts then.

One is to ask nonsensical question, and the other is to demand a reply to that nonsensical question like what you are doing now?

Is that correct?

Do you know pufferfish personally?

proper-t
30-09-13, 10:49

One is to ask nonsensical question, and the other is to demand a reply to that nonsensical question like what you are doing now?

Is that correct?

Oh mine, someone is getting so desperate to put words into my mouth.

How can you ask someone whether he is fine with something when that something is in question and unproven?

Prove it first and then pose that question to me. Even so, regardless of outcome, my credibility is not at stake here. Its yours.

Prove he/she is a fake or answer the question below.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 11:08
Oh mine, someone is getting so desperate to put words into my mouth.

How can you ask someone whether he is fine with something when that something is in question and unproven?

Prove it first and then pose that question to me. Even so, regardless of outcome, my credibility is not at stake here. Its yours.

Prove he/she is a fake or answer the question below.

[/I][/I]

Just asking a very simple straight forward question because I am wondering why do you keep insisting that I should reply to pufferfish.

so are you saying its perfectly find to have 2 fake account. one asking nonsensical questions and the other to insist that the questions need to be answered?

I guess you are perfectly fine with people using fake account?

proper-t
30-09-13, 11:29
Just asking a very simple straight forward question because I am wondering why do you keep insisting that I should reply to pufferfish.

so are you saying its perfectly find to have 2 fake account. one asking nonsensical questions and the other to insist that the questions need to be answered?

I guess you are perfectly fine with people using fake account?

Let me pose a simple and straightforward question to you.

Do you ask other forumers to back up their statements with facts and statistics?

The issue at hand is the veracity of your opening statement below

In the same vein, due to your reluctance to provide facts to back your statement above or your excuse for not answering, I guess we can assume that your statement is just a baseless one without any corroborating data.

hsifreffup
30-09-13, 11:45

Is that correct?

Hold your horses there for a moment. At present time, I still have no idea if the reason people chose apartments/condos over landed is due to housebreaking (as you claim) or some other factors, such as lower quantum of the former. So, is asking you to backup what you claim a nonsensical question, or are you simply incapable of answering?

Next, I am awaiting your proof of me being a "fake account". Here's a hint, I know nobody from this forum personally. 100% probability.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 13:21
Hold your horses there for a moment. At present time, I still have no idea if the reason people chose apartments/condos over landed is due to housebreaking (as you claim) or some other factors, such as lower quantum of the former. So, is asking you to backup what you claim a nonsensical question, or are you simply incapable of answering?

Next, I am awaiting your proof of me being a "fake account". Here's a hint, I know nobody from this forum personally. 100% probability.

I am sorry puffer fish I don't entertain fake forum account. That won't change

hsifreffup
30-09-13, 13:40
I am sorry puffer fish I don't entertain fake forum account. That won't change

Nah, it's cool. Your "ability" to generate a mountain out of a molehill on any negative landed news, unsubstantiated claims and wild accusations won't change either. Have a nice day.

proper-t
30-09-13, 13:44
So I guess we can all conclude then that the statement below is frivolous and has no basis....

Ringo33
30-09-13, 14:32
Nah, it's cool. Your "ability" to generate a mountain out of a molehill on any negative landed news, unsubstantiated claims and wild accusations won't change either. Have a nice day.

That is absolutely no reason why I should be bother about what troll has got to say. So dont waste you time trying to talk sense or about substance, because people with substance doesnt need to create a new account for trolling.

proper-t
30-09-13, 14:58
I never fail to be amused.

The biggest troll in this forum calling another person a troll.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 15:38
I never fail to be amused.

The biggest troll in this forum calling another person a troll.

Not sure what is your definition of troll, but for me, I think the most committed troll in this forum will perhaps be you. Anyone who have read what you posts for the past 1 year or so will know how vigorously you have been trying to prevent anyone from sharing negative views about landed properties in this forum. And your commitment of keeping a silent and vigilant watch over this forum 4/7/365 is really worth commenting.

Just take a look at your post for the past 1 year or so and tell me who is the biggest troll here?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?searchid=876097

Anyway, thanks for wasting so much time entertaining my nonsensical questions about fake account till wee hours in the morning. I was really surprise you didnt realized my intention and where all these dumb repetitive questions about puffer fish are leading you to.

proper-t
30-09-13, 15:51
From wiki

In Internet slang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang), a troll (/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)t (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)r (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)oʊ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)l (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English), / (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)t (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)r (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)ɒ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)l (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-Campbell-Trolls-1) by posting inflammatory,[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-2) extraneous (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/extraneous#Adjective), or off-topic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-topic) messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#Usage)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-Howard_Fosdick-3)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-Tastam90.2C_Message_.23_369489-4) or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion) response[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-PCMAG_def-5) or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-IUKB_def-6)] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-IUKB_def-6)

Nuff said..in case people say I don't back up my statements, read below.

1. Sows discord

ringo33 is slewing so much hatred in this thread that bad karma has bestowed the western dragon - from Capitaland HQ to roof collapsing... not sure what gonna happen next - God bless this western dragon....

2. Inflammatory

200 folds? Want to lie or talk big also pick a more believable numbers lah.
Are you from CityHarvest?

Having said that, may I know why are you so eager to sell our FH land to NC? Self interest? Or are you hoping that your daughter will end up in a Ferrari driven by NC?

3. Extraneous
No need to quote him. He himself admits that he generates a lot of bullshit

there are plenty of bullshit pending for proper-T's reply,...

4. Off-topic
Just in this thread alone - read all his posts on fake accounts vs what is the thread topic. For other threads, just read his posts when he can't counter a statement. His infamous 'off-topic' avoidance technique.

5. Deliberate intent to provoke
Just read all the threads he started in the landed forum, his Owners in the West beware thread and the East Coast threads on reclaimation

xebay11
30-09-13, 21:21
A big bold sign stating "This property is under CCTV surveillance" would solve the issue.

Ringo33
31-10-13, 19:43
CCTV also no use.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/three-arrested-break-ins-two-others-retaining-stolen-property-20131031

Three arrested for break-ins, two others for retaining stolen property

Police have arrested three men, aged between 24 and 28, believed to have been behind three cases of break-ins at private residential estates. Two female accomplices, both aged 24, were also arrested for allegedly dishonestly retaining stolen property.

Between 9.10pm and 11.05pm on Sunday, three break-ins were reported at private residential estates located in the vicinity of Lorong Sarhad and Springwood in Pasir Panjang. Cash, jewellery and luxury watches amounting to more than $110,000 were reported to be stolen.

With the aid of CCTV footages, officers from the Clementi Police Division and the Police Intelligence Department nabbed the male suspects in the vicinity of New Bridge Road on Wednesday morning. The two female accomplices were arrested in the vicinity of Clementi Ave 5 on the same day.

Investigations revealed that the men had gained access to the private properties by scaling the boundary walls and climbing in through unsecured rear doors or windows.

princess_morbucks
31-10-13, 20:04
That's why must have dogs.

Ringo33
31-10-13, 20:22

perhaps

http://www.alettertomydog.com/wp-content/uploads/dog-bone.jpg

princess_morbucks
31-10-13, 21:58
perhaps

http://www.alettertomydog.com/wp-content/uploads/dog-bone.jpg

At least it will bark and alert its owner to the presence of strangers.
For landed, it is good to have at least 2 dogs, motion sensor lights, good alarm system, CCTV and grilles.

proper-t
31-10-13, 22:30
Even condo not safe nowadays except maybe for those where there is a big filthy despicable troll who jumps into pool after working out without showering.

Condo residents urged to be alert in crime prevention

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/condo-residents-urged-to/844396.html

SINGAPORE: Police have urged private property residents not to be complacent when it comes to preventing break-ins.

They found that some condominium residents leave their doors wide open at night.

The comments came as police cracked a serial housebreaking case at a condominium located along Cavenagh Road.

Between May and October this year, eight break-in cases have taken place at Cavenagh Gardens.

Since then, police have stepped up patrol efforts in the condominium but they stressed crime prevention is a collaborative effort.

Deputy Superintendent Cheryl Lee, the commanding officer of Orchard Neighbourhood Police Centre, said: "We noticed that there are security areas that could have been improved. We strongly urge private property owners and management to put in place more crime prevention measures and play their parts."

Channel NewsAsia understood patrols have been stepped up at the condominium since the break ins. Security officers now patrol once every two hours, instead of every four hours.

On October 10, police arrested a 24-year-old Chinese national in connection with the break-ins at Cavenagh Gardens.
Tian Shao Shuai was charged on Friday with house-breaking and stealing valuables amounting to more than S$5,100.

He is accused of breaking into a unit at Cavenagh Garden at about 12.30am on July 2 this year.
He allegedly forced open a wooden door with a screwdriver, and stole 14,000 yuan, US$1,000 and an iPhone.
If convicted, he could be jailed up to 14 years.

- CNA/fa

Ringo33
01-11-13, 07:02
SINGAPORE — Three Chinese nationals were yesterday charged with housebreaking and making off with valuables worth thousands of dollars.

Wei Yuandong and Wei Yongjiao, both 24, and Liao Jiali, 28, allegedly broke into a unit in Lorong Sarhad on the evening of Oct 27 and stole jewellery and nine luxury watches worth S$79,000, among other items.

The police had received reports of break-ins at three homes along Lorong Sarhad and the Springwood area in Pasir Panjang between 9.10pm and 11.05pm on Oct 27. Cash and valuables amounting to more than S$110,000 were reportedly stolen.

Preliminary police investigations revealed that the three men had broken into the houses by scaling boundary walls and entering through unsecured rear doors or windows. The authorities then conducted ground enquires and tracked down the men with the aid of CCTV footage provided by neighbours living around the burgled homes.

The trio were arrested at a hotel along New Bridge Road in the wee hours on Wednesday and have been remanded for further investigation. If convicted, they each face a jail term of up to 14 years.

Two female accomplices were brought in for questioning by the police and later arrested after they were found to be in possession of most of the stolen items. The relationship between the three men and the female accomplices is still unknown as investigations are still ongoing.

Although the number of housebreaking and related crimes has dipped from a year ago — 389 cases between January and September, down from 503 cases in the same period last year — the police are reminding the public to be vigilant, especially during the year-end holiday season.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police Melvin Yong, who is also the Clementi Police Division Commander, said yesterday morning that the case serves as a reminder to the public not to be complacent. He also urged members of the public to install useful security devices, such as CCTVs and burglar alarms, in their homes.

“I think we can safely assume that if you are a potential house burglar, you will take a look at whether there’s an alarm system or a camera, and whether the windows are opened or not. So I think these are basic reminders we want to send out. Sometimes, people take some of these things quite lightly,” he said.

Ringo33
01-11-13, 07:07
http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/cavenagh_gardens/images/cavenagh_gardens_00001.JPG
http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/cavenagh_gardens/images/cavenagh_gardens_00002.JPG
http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/cavenagh_gardens/images/cavenagh_gardens_00003.JPG

proper-t
01-11-13, 08:56
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/housebreaker-involved-least-eight-break-ins-cavenagh-road-condo-arrest

Housebreaker involved in at least eight break-ins at Cavenagh Road condo arrested
The police have arrested a 24-year-old man believed to be involved in at least eight break-ins at a condominium located along Cavenagh Road. These cases were reported since May this year.

In some of the cases, the culprit is believed to have gained access to the units by forcing open the rear door and tampering with the kitchen windows. In other cases, the culprit had taken advantage of unlocked doors and metal grille gates to simply gain entry into the unit. Valuables such as cash, mobile phones and jewellery were stolen.
Following these reports, officers from Tanglin Police Division intensified patrols in the area.

Police efforts paid off in the wee hours of Thursday morning, when officers spotted a man loitering suspiciously at the stairway of one of the affected condominium blocks. He fit the description provided by one of the affected households.

Ringo33
01-11-13, 09:01

What happen when you go for holiday?

proper-t
01-11-13, 09:37
Seems quite a few cases in Jurong.

29 OCT 2013
Housebreaker Arrested
Police have arrested a 26-year-old man believed to be involved in housebreaking and theft in the Jurong West neighbourhood. On 8 October 2013 at about 6 am , a case of housebreaking was reported at a retail shop a t Jurong West St 51 . The drawer in the shop was damaged and cash amounting to about S$6,000/- was discovered stolen .

Officers from Jurong Police Division responded to the scene upon receiving the report. Conducting investigations, they found that the CCTV installed in the shop had captured the incident. Through extensive ground enquiries, the officers managed to establish the identity of the suspect. On 28 October 2013 at 11.30 pm , the suspect was arrested in the vicinity of Boon Lay Place .

Preliminary investigations revealed that he could be responsible for several theft-in-dwelling cases in the Jurong West neighbourhood.

The suspect will be charged in Court on 30 October 2013 for Housebreaking and Theft by Night under Section 457 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. If convicted, he may be sentenced up to 14 years’ imprisonment.

Commander of Jurong Police Division, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police (DAC) Wilson Lim commended his officers for their perseverance and excellent investigative follow up skills which led to the arrest.
Property owners should adopt the following crime prevention measures against break-ins:

Ensure that all doors, windows and other openings are properly secured with good quality grills and close-shackled padlocks;
Avoid keeping large sums of cash overnight;
Install CCTV within the premises; and
Install a burglar alarm, to cover the access points into your premises. Ensure that they are tested periodically and in good working condition.

PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
29 Oct 2013 @ 9.00pm

princess_morbucks
01-11-13, 09:49
What happen when you go for holiday?

Maid is still at home.

Or no need to go holiday cos house is so comfortable ?

Ringo33
01-11-13, 09:50
Maid is still at home.

Or no need to go holiday cos house is so comfortable ?

Maid alone might attract foreign workers from jurong. :)

princess_morbucks
01-11-13, 09:52
Maid alone might attract foreign workers from jurong. :)

That's why have CCTV lor.
Anyway, if maid wanna do that, whether you stay in landed or in condo, it can also happen.
Mabbe higher chance of it happening if you stay in Jurong :D?

Ringo33
01-11-13, 09:54
That's why have CCTV lor.
Anyway, if maid wanna do that, whether you stay in landed or in condo, it can also happen.
Mabbe higher chance of it happening if you stay in Jurong :D?

Foreign workers from jurong more handsome?

proper-t
01-11-13, 10:15
Another case. This time in Boon Lay.

25 OCT 2013

Housebreaker Arrested Within 5 Hours

Police have arrested a 32-year-old man for his involvement in a case of housebreaking and theft in a public housing estate in Boon Lay. On 25 October 2013 at about 12.30 pm, the complainant reported to the Police that he had found the numeric padlock and chain used to secure his HDB flat missing. One refrigerator and one washing machine were also stolen from the flat, which was undergoing renovation.

Officers from Jurong Police Division swiftly responded to the incident and canvassed for leads in the neighbourhood. They managed to locate a witness who provided valuable information that he had seen the suspect loitering near the incident location during the day. Acting on this lead, the officers proceeded to the suspect’s house, which was also located at Boon Lay Avenue, and arrested him at about 4.40 pm. Officers also searched his house and recovered more loot which was believed to have been stolen under similar circumstances.

The suspect will be charged in Court on 26 October 2013 for the offence of Housebreaking and Theft by Night under Section 457 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224, which is punishable with imprisonment for a term of up to 14 years and a fine.

Commander of Jurong Police Division, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police (DAC) Wilson Lim commended his officers for their swift response and excellent investigative work which led to the arrest of the suspect within 5 hours of the police report. He added that the Police will spare no effort to track down the perpetrators of such crimes and bring them to justice.

SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE

proud owner
01-11-13, 11:06
a couple of years back ... my friend's home at Jalan Seaview D15 was broken into while they went on holiday ...

luckily most of their valuables were in safe deposit box ...

another friend at Jelita D10... Teo Chee Hean's neighbor somemore ... his house also kana broken into .. so near to minister and got guard still kena ..hahahah

proper-t
01-11-13, 13:20
30 SEP 2013

http://www.spf.gov.sg/images/common/spacer.gif Youth Housebreakers Nabbed

Police have arrested two youths, both aged 14, after they broke into a place of worship along Jurong East Street 21. Their accomplice, another 14-year-old youth, was also swiftly arrested a few hours later.
On 29 September 2013 at about 11.50 pm, a 52-year-old victim reported to the Police that someone had broken into the place of worship and the act was captured by the in-house CCTVs. Within minutes, officers from the Clementi Police Division arrived at the crime scene and arrested the first two suspects. Through swift investigative follow up, officers managed to trace their accomplice and arrested him in the vicinity of Jurong East Street 24 the following day at about 4.10 am. Housebreaking implements such as two screwdrivers and one plier were recovered and seized as case exhibits. Preliminary investigations revealed that the three suspects are believed to be involved in other similar break-ins at the same building in September 2013.

Investigations against them are ongoing. Any person convicted for Housebreaking and Theft by Night faces a minimum imprisonment term of 2 years up to a maximum imprisonment term of 14 years.
Commander (Covering) of Clementi Police Division, Superintendent of Police (SUPT) Gwee Aik Chiong, commended his officers for their swift response and follow up investigative work which resulted in the arrest of the suspects.

SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
30 Sep 2013 @ 7.25pm

Ringo33
01-11-13, 13:29
a couple of years back ... my friend's home at Jalan Seaview D15 was broken into while they went on holiday ...

luckily most of their valuables were in safe deposit box ...

another friend at Jelita D10... Teo Chee Hean's neighbor somemore ... his house also kana broken into .. so near to minister and got guard still kena ..hahahah

If not at home it's fine. Worst if families are sleeping. After that sure have nightmare

proper-t
01-11-13, 13:53
wow...even more cases, now at Ulu Pandan

23 SEP 2013

http://www.spf.gov.sg/images/common/spacer.gif Serial Housebreaker Arrested

Police have arrested a 40-year-old man for suspected involvement in a series of housebreaking and thefts into residential units in the vicinity of Ulu Pandan Road. Between 6 September and 19 September 2013, five cases of theft in dwelling and break-ins involving residential units in the vicinity of Ulu Pandan Road were reported to Police. Cash, laptops, cameras, mobile phones, watches, jewelleries and luxury handbags amounting to a total worth of more than $40,000/- were found missing from the units. Following the reports, officers from Clementi Police Division conducted extensive ground enquiries and managed to establish the identity of the suspect.

On 22 Sep 2013 at about 4.00 pm, the officers mounted an operation and arrested him in the vicinity of Tampines Avenue 2. Cash in different currencies, various electronic gadgets, an assortment of jewelleries and handbags were recovered from the suspect’s possession and seized as exhibits. Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect is believed to be involved in at least 10 similar cases committed in the vicinity of Ulu Pandan Road.
The suspect will be charged in Court on 24 Sep 2013 for an offence of Housebreaking and Theft by Day under Section 454 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224, which carries a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment. A Court order will be sought to remand the suspect for further investigations to determine his involvement in other housebreaking offences.
Commander (Covering) of Clementi Police Division, Superintendent of Police (SUPT) Gwee Aik Chiong, commended his officers’ perseverance and determination in bringing the perpetrator to justice. SUPT Gwee advised house owners not to leave their doors and windows unsecured, even when they are inside their premises.

Ringo33
01-11-13, 15:06
Another case reported today.

TWO MEN ARRESTED FOR BREAK-INS AT PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL ESTATES
Police have arrested two men, aged 27 and 35, who are believed to have committed a case of break-in at Choa Chu Kang private residential estates.

On 28 Oct 2013 at about 9.00 pm, Police received a report of break-in at a private residence located in the vicinity of Choa Chu Kang. Cash, jewelleries and luxury watches amounting to more than $40,000/- were reported stolen. The suspect(s) are believed to have gained access into the private residential unit by scaling over the boundary wall and prying open one of the sliding doors. With the support from the Police Intelligence Department and extensive investigative follow up, officers from Clementi Police Division traced and arrested the two suspects in the vicinity of Bayfront Avenue on 31 Oct 2013 between 11.30 am and 2.20 pm. Preliminary investigations indicated that the two suspects are believed to be associated with the trio who were arrested on 30 Oct 2013. The following items were seized from the two suspects:

proper-t
01-11-13, 15:41
You forgot to mention the restaurant break-in which also classifies as housebreaking as well.

01 Nov 2013
Housebreakers Arrested

Police have arrested two men, aged 24 and 25, believed to be involved in a case of housebreaking and theft along Harding Road.

On 28 October 2013 at about 3.11 pm, a case of housebreaking was reported at a restaurant located at Harding Road. The safe in the resturant was damaged and cash amounting to about S$28,000/- was stolen.
Following the report, officers from Tanglin Police Division conducted intensive investigations and ground enquiries and eventually managed to establish the identity of a suspect. On 31 October 2013 at about 10.30 pm, the 24 years old suspect was arrested in the vicinity of Hougang Ave 3. Through follow-up investigations, the officers established the identity of his accomplice, aged 25 and arrested him at the vicinity of Sengkang East Road. A total of S$23,635/- were recovered and seized from the suspects.

Ringo33
01-11-13, 17:56
This one very scary...can imagine wake up see a stranger in your house??

Police have arrested two men, aged 31 and 32, who are believed to be responsible for a spate of break-ins at private residential estates island-wide.

Over the past two weeks, a number of break-ins were reported at private residential estates island-wide such as Faber Drive, Kew Crescent and Binchang Drive, just to name a few. Cash, jewelleries and other valuables were stolen. It is believed that the culprits had gained entry into the residential units at night by scaling over the boundary wall, climbing in through unsecured kitchen or toilet windows, or forcing open the sliding doors of the units. They would then search for valuable items lying around in the units and remove them while the occupants were asleep.

proper-t
01-11-13, 18:15
Even scarier is a filty (sic) despicable troll.

You should feel ashamed of youself for doing that. In other forum you will be banned long ago

Hahah..,next time I will try to set up a new account when I post here, but in the mean time, can you explain better in what sense? Better capital gain and rental yield potential?

princess_morbucks
01-11-13, 18:17
This one very scary...can imagine wake up see a stranger in your house??

That's why it is good to sleep with your dog in the same room.
Dogs can sense people from far.

Ringo33
01-11-13, 18:59
That's why it is good to sleep with your dog in the same room.
Dogs can sense people from far.

can dog also sense snakes? Because that is also one of the problem if you are living near nature reserves.

proper-t
02-11-13, 08:05
From robbers to snakes? How ludicrous can you get?

It is ludicrous to talk about this issue. This issue doesn't belong in Singapore. In the US, it is almost unheard off to have so little crime, and to have people walk around early in the morning unmolested.

Please find something else more worthy to talk about.

Ringo33
02-11-13, 08:11
Self pwned again

snakes, ants, mosquito, rats, termite, spiders, monkeys.

proper-t
02-11-13, 08:29
Self pwned again

snakes, ants, mosquito, rats, termite, spiders, monkeys.

Must be so desperate...switching from robbers to insects and animals. May I remind you that this is a housebreaking thread.

Self pwned? I wonder who called himself filty(sic) despicable and advocated banning himself from this forum.

In fact, I think you have embarrassed yourself so much, it might be good for you to follow your own advice in orange above.

You should feel ashamed of youself for doing that. In other forum you will be banned long ago

Hahah..,next time I will try to set up a new account when I post here, but in the mean time, can you explain better in what sense? Better capital gain and rental yield potential?

Ringo33
02-11-13, 08:45
Monkey can be very dangerous if you have babies and toddlers at home.

MY FAMILY has been living in a small landed property on the fringe of one of the reservoirs for about 35 years, enjoying the tranquil and refreshing environment.
However, for the last seven years, we have become virtual prisoners in our own home because of the invasion of wild monkeys in our neighbourhood.
We are forced to shut all windows and doors to keep them out; window grilles are no good as the smaller monkeys can still squeeze in.
We have no choice but to leave our house in the morning and return only at night, when these animals go back to their forest abodes.
Monkeys have also made a mess of our neighbours' homes - they rummage through wardrobes, scatter clean clothes, scamper over beds and raid the fridge.
The animals are even bold enough to snatch plastic bags from the hands of passers-by and physically attack people.
The Animal Concerns Research and Education Society has suggested keeping our food out of sight. But this does not work as the monkeys are able to open the doors of fridges and cabinets.
Chasing them out of our homes is dangerous as they bare their teeth threateningly when confronted. Also, government agencies like the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority have advised us not to confront or make eye contact with them, much less chase them.
Wild monkeys are now used to living among humans and find it easier to forage for food in human communities than in the jungles where they belong. Animal lovers also feed them.
Perhaps, like in Hong Kong, more fruit trees can be planted in the jungles to encourage the animals to remain there. But this is not a good solution as the monkeys do not have natural predators to keep their numbers under control.
They should not be allowed to invade human living space. We are not blood-thirsty and do not approve of culling wild animals for no reason. But when there is a clash between humans and wild animals, culling seems to be the only answer, and this is an accepted practice internationally.
Although the Government did cull quite a number of wild monkeys recently, we still see a good number of them roaming around our estate.
Do we need someone to get badly mauled by wild monkeys before doing something

Han Cheng Fong

Ringo33
02-11-13, 08:48
cant imagine having to worry about snakes at home. Dogs wont be spared either unless you keep a mongoose at home.

My family hates living in landed cos got those creepy crawly things running about the house. My friend's landed worse. Got to put sulphur powder to prevent snakes from coming in. Another friend got to chase monkeys out of the house everyday. And yes, lots of lizards, shit, gecko sounds and all. Oh well, maybe we are just unlucky and not nature friendly. Not all landed are like that, I suppose. But a good place for Science study on animal adaptations, prey and predators too.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=298016&postcount=104

proper-t
02-11-13, 08:49
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/ava-moves-control-monkey-problem-bukit-timah-20130429

THEY break into kitchens, knock over flower pots while fleeing and hog overhead bridges, disrupting the lives of some Bukit Timah condominium residents.
In response to the rising number of complaints, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority told The Straits Times last week that it has been carrying out "monkey control operations" in the area.
In other words, moves have been made to trap and either rehome or kill the long-tailed macaques living there.
"It's getting worse and worse," said Ms Winnie Chang, an administrative officer who lives at Springdale condominium in Hindhede Road.

Ringo33
02-11-13, 08:51
Self Pwned again!!

You'll never guess what family found at Sembawang home

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/sites/default/files/public/article/images/gallery/2013/09/29383160%20-%2024_09_2013%20-%20nssnake.jpg

You would not expect to find snakes, much less their eggs, in your own backyard. But that is exactly what one family found in a tree at the back of their Sembawang home last Friday.
Housewife Helen Koh, 58, was in the terrace house when she heard her part-time helper, Madam Annaliza, who was in the backyard washing clothes, scream.
She had seen three baby snakes slithering up a tree.
Madam Koh, who rushed out to see what the fuss was about, said: “I yelled for my son and daughter-in-law, telling them there were snakes outside.”
Her son then came out with a big plastic bottle, but Madam Koh told him not to catch the snakes as “they might be poisonous”.
Two days before that, Madam Annaliza had also found a baby snake on the hanger stand in the yard, reports The New Paper.
The baby snakes measured about 30cm and were black with a golden tip on the head.
The family alerted the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) after the second encounter. The AVA called Acres, which sent two of its officers to catch the reptiles.
The officers found seven eggs -- six had hatched and one was rotten. However, they did not find the two other baby snakes.
“It is possible that (the snakes) are still on the premises, but they don’t actively hunt together.”
What are the safety precautions that homeowners, especially those in landed properties, can take?
“Eliminate their food sources. They go for lizards, frogs and rats,” Acres rescue officer Mr Joseph Lim said. “Snakes usually go into houses to look for food and not to harm. Humans are not their prey.”

Ringo33
02-11-13, 08:53
Very common problem indeed

http://jakesa.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/200803050002.jpg

Ringo33
02-11-13, 08:56
Very common problem. Better keep mongoose at home

Acres rescue officer Joseph Lim, 23, said that cases of snakes making their way into homes are common here.
"We get one or two calls a day," he said. "We usually release them in the forest, unless they are injured and need to be treated. Ultimately, we want them back in the wild because that's where they belong."
But finding the eggs was "special", as snakes usually lay their eggs underground for protection and incubation.
"The tree was the reason the snake laid its eggs there," he said. "It was a good environment (for the snake). The eggs were in the tree trunk, and the tree was dead. The hollow part of the trunk has a woodchip-like material to maintain temperature and humidity."
Mr Lim identified the snake as an Elegant Bronzeback, a tree snake that, on average, can grow up to a metre in length.
They are not venomous and are "shy creatures", he added.
Acres found seven eggs - six had hatched and one was rotten.
The officers, however, did not find the two other baby snakes.
"It is possible that (the snakes) are still on the premises, but they don't actively hunt together."

proper-t
02-11-13, 09:00
It is apparent that someone doesn't even know what self pwned means let alone going crazy posting irrelevant articles about insects and animals in a housebreaking thread.

Below are real life examples of self pwned in action :

You should feel ashamed of youself for doing that. In other forum you will be banned long ago[/I][/i]

more reasons to avoid ochard road crowd

Just got back from JEM and once again I am reaffirming my believe that the future of JLD is very bright. Even the 2 Bangladeshi I saw at JEM today are also going up market, very well dressed. And there are many indo families doing their shopping as well

When I left, the queue to the carpark was at least 100m long, I am guessing many Singaporeans from all over Singapore must have come to JEM to get a taste of the largest commercial center out CBD.

Come Dec 2013, when Westgate opens expect more shoppers will flock to Jurong Gateway.

Ringo33
02-11-13, 09:02
COBRA!!, thats scary leh....dont tell me landed property owners are immune to snake bites?

The most common place and snake in B/W's is a cobra under your swimming pool.

I lived in Seletar Camp until recently when booted out by Premas because SLA is going to knock down quite alot of the houses including the lovely old bungalows like mine. I also lived in one of the semiD's in Seletar before that.

In the semiD I had two baby cobras come into my house - or try to come into my house luckily I saw them coming up the stairs. In the big house I had one in my carport and one under the pool. I also had 8 inch centipedes and loads of ants and mozzies even though I am obsessive about keeping the place water free. I think part of the mozzie problem was the amount of tree surrounding us. Ants and centipedes came into their own when it rained.

But I think you can keep all this under control with a pest company but you have to realise that B/W's by their very nature are in or surrounded by ulu places and wildlife does come into your space every now and then.

If you are sensible and get pest people out (I never really bothered to be honest) I am sure you can manage them. But be prepared. Have all gaps under your doors leading to the outside covered so they cant slide in. I had half metal covers on my outdoor doors which meant we had airflow in plus security from snakes. And get a dog. But dont forget to take it when you leave Singapore!!!!!!!!!!!!

proper-t
02-11-13, 09:04
Please carry on with your crazed campaign.

Do you realise that as of now there only about 20 people viewing this sub-forum whereas there are more than 70+ people viewing the general one where all your self pwned examples are in full display?

Ringo33
02-11-13, 10:51
damn..snake vs iguana!! EPIC

Landed property will tend to have pest problems.

My experience is not with things like ants and cockroaches.

My last house, a snake was found sleeping on my massage chair.

Current place, a snake was seen eating a 4 legged iguana in the tree in front, and a family of monkeys keep coming into my property and sometimes even drink from my lap pool.

princess_morbucks
02-11-13, 12:31
Everything is fated lah, including meeting Ringo here ;) !

proud owner
02-11-13, 22:47
Please carry on with your crazed campaign.

Do you realise that as of now there only about 20 people viewing this sub-forum whereas there are more than 70+ people viewing the general one where all your self pwned examples are in full display?

he may have talked about insects , monkeys, snakes etc ...

I do not see it as irrelevant ...

however I see your attitude and behavior towards a particular contributor absolutely unnecessary ...

I do find house break ins scary ... I also find monkeys, snakes coming into landed houses just as scary ...

so I do not find such contributions as irrelevant ...

there are fewer and fewer threads worth reading with all these bickering and badgering

equalizer
03-11-13, 13:34
I have not posted for some time but have read silently the many threads and posts by both Ringo & proper-t.

I have also personally engaged Ringo before and I do not think that proper-t's behavior is overly excessive.

If you have bothered to follow the many threads and posts by Ringo in the landed forum alone, you should be aware of how he harasses and bullies people in this forum and refuses to listen to reason.

I am sure if you trace all the bickering and emotional responses in the entire forum back to source, a fair amount can be attributed to Ringo alone.

Do not get me wrong. I equally dislike all these back & forth bickering but despite many forumers advising Ringo to be reasonable, he has yet to change his ways. Since a soft approach seems to be useless, sometimes, something more drastic needs to be done to preserve the peace in this forum.

Ringo33
03-11-13, 14:50
I have not posted for some time but have read silently the many threads and posts by both Ringo & proper-t.

I have also personally engaged Ringo before and I do not think that proper-t's behavior is overly excessive.

If you have bothered to follow the many threads and posts by Ringo in the landed forum alone, you should be aware of how he harasses and bullies people in this forum and refuses to listen to reason.

I am sure if you trace all the bickering and emotional responses in the entire forum back to source, a fair amount can be attributed to Ringo alone.

Do not get me wrong. I equally dislike all these back & forth bickering but despite many forumers advising Ringo to be reasonable, he has yet to change his ways. Since a soft approach seems to be useless, sometimes, something more drastic needs to be done to preserve the peace in this forum.

Its funny that someone who have not been posting for the past 3 months of so will immediately come to this thread to defend proper-t.

You think we are born yesterday?

:D

Where you have been for the last 3 months? You must have missed out plenty? Or perhaps you didnt???

equalizer
03-11-13, 15:06
Sigh. See what I mean.

I am only going to have my say below and then I am out of here.

Please listen to people in this forum and stop being so antagonistic. The reason why so many people have posted against you here and especially in the west thread is because of you and not because they have anything against the west.

You need to get a life. Being victorious and cutting down everybody in this forum won't amount to a sack of beans in the real world. You think that people are going to respect you more for being king of the hill here.

Ringo33
03-11-13, 15:12
Sigh. See what I mean.

I am only going to have my say below and then I am out of here.

Please listen to people in this forum and stop being so antagonistic. The reason why so many people have posted against you here and especially in the west thread is because of you and not because they have anything against the west.

You need to get a life. Being victorious and cutting down everybody in this forum won't amount to a sack of beans in the real world. You think that people are going to respect you more for being king of the hill here.

So for someone who have not post anything for the past 3 months is immediately up to date about another thread which proper-T has been posting bunch of nonsense about air pollution.

Dude, you think we are born yesterday???

equalizer
03-11-13, 15:19
Believe what you want. I have said my piece. Chill to all bros and sis!

Ringo33
03-11-13, 15:32
Believe what you want. I have said my piece. Chill to all bros and sis!

want to wayang also dont make it so obvious lah.

proper-t
03-11-13, 21:46
he may have talked about insects , monkeys, snakes etc ...

I do not see it as irrelevant ...

however I see your attitude and behavior towards a particular contributor absolutely unnecessary ...

I do find house break ins scary ... I also find monkeys, snakes coming into landed houses just as scary ...

so I do not find such contributions as irrelevant ...

there are fewer and fewer threads worth reading with all these bickering and badgering

Let me tackle your comments one at a time.

If you do find housebreaking and insects etc scary and think that landed faces a higher risk than other property types, then, sad to say, living in a landed may not be suitable for you. You should sell your landed in the WEST and go back to living in condos or whichever property type you feel more secure in.

I am sure the facts that I have brought up in the 'Owners in the West" may be a bit uncomfortable to digest since you own property there but they are facts nonetheless.

I have a landed house very close to Kent Ridge park ...

As to whether my comments about a particular contributor are necessary, please just read the first 7 posts in this thread and let me know if such comments are necessary.

Now just read the last few posts before mine. If you still think what I have posted are draconian, so be it - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The difference however is that I substantiate what I say by providing the evidence or quotes to back it up. This is more than what that particular forumer has done.

If you think what I have commented on that forumer is inaccurate, please bring up the specific instance and I will be glad to clarify on it.

proud owner
03-11-13, 22:11
yes I do own a landed in D5... since you already dug out the location ... you know it is not exactly WEST ...

yes I believe having snakes and monkeys coming into the house is scary .. fortunately for me, I have not encountered it... and to be honest, I have not lived in the house for a very long time ... it has been rented out for the last 6 years.

I do not know what the issue was about from page 1 to mid page 7 ..which were like 4 weeks ago ...

I was referring to 2 days ago ( mid page 7) ... when R33 and a few others, including yourself started posting about House break in news at various locations...

and out of the blue you started picking on R33 for posting about animal coming into the house etc ...

between 4weeks ago and 2 days ago ... there was PEACE ...

I do not see anyone stepping on your tail ... but you started the verbal fight again ... in fact R33 did not reply to you but kept posting .... and YOU kept badgering ...

that is what I meant UNNECESSARY ...

a war seemed to have ended.... but someone wants to start it again ...

As to whether my comments about a particular contributor are necessary, please just read the first 7 posts in this thread and let me know if such comments are necessary.

Now just read the last few posts before mine. If you still think what I have posted are draconian, so be it - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The difference however is that I substantiate what I say by providing the evidence or quotes to back it up. This is more than what that particular forumer has done.

If you think what I have commented on that forumer is inaccurate, please bring up the specific instance and I will be glad to clarify on it.[/quote]

proper-t
03-11-13, 22:28
yes I do own a landed in D5... since you already dug out the location ... you know it is not exactly WEST ...

yes I believe having snakes and monkeys coming into the house is scary .. fortunately for me, I have not encountered it... and to be honest, I have not lived in the house for a very long time ... it has been rented out for the last 6 years.

I do not know what the issue was about from page 1 to mid page 7 ..which were like 4 weeks ago ...

I was referring to 2 days ago ( mid page 7) ... when R33 and a few others, including yourself started posting about House break in news at various locations...

and out of the blue you started picking on R33 for posting about animal coming into the house etc ...

between 4weeks ago and 2 days ago ... there was PEACE ...

I do not see anyone stepping on your tail ... but you started the verbal fight again ... in fact R33 did not reply to you but kept posting .... and YOU kept badgering ...

that is what I meant UNNECESSARY ...

a war seemed to have ended.... but someone wants to start it again ...

If you think his posts are reasonable and do not think that he is fear mongering in this forum, then I have nothing further to say.

If you want the whole story, read all the threads he started in this landed forum and you will understand his underlying intent for each and every thread. I am afraid I cannot help you if you only want to read part of a thread and draw an inference from it.

proud owner
03-11-13, 22:37
If you think his posts are reasonable and do not think that he is fear mongering in this forum, then I have nothing further to say.

If you want the whole story, read all the threads he started in this landed forum and you will understand his underlying intent for each and every thread. I am afraid I cannot help you if you only want to read part of a thread and draw an inference from it.

thank you for your concern ...

from this reply alone I believe you will tone down ...

I do not know whos right or wrong, may be I will read the first 6 pages when I am free...

but I do hope you understand that it is disheartening to come to my favorite site to constantly see 'verbal war' ...

incidentally I don't just have the house at D5, I also have condo in D10 and another house in D16 ...

so I am NOT a supporter of WEST ... I invest where I see a good return..

proper-t
03-11-13, 22:45
thank you for your concern ...

from this reply alone I believe you will tone down ...

I do not know whos right or wrong, may be I will read the first 6 pages when I am free...

but I do hope you understand that it is disheartening to come to my favorite site to constantly see 'verbal war' ...

incidentally I don't just have the house at D5, I also have condo in D10 and another house in D16 ...

so I am NOT a supporter of WEST ... I invest where I see a good return..

I think you are barking up the wrong tree as far as toning down is concerned.

If creating three threads along the same theme is not extreme in your opinion, then I really have nothing further to say.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17582

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18365

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=19154

proud owner
04-11-13, 23:38
I think you are barking up the wrong tree as far as toning down is concerned.

If creating three threads along the same theme is not extreme in your opinion, then I really have nothing further to say.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17582

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18365

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=19154

you are right ....

the same person has started 3 threads on the same theme ...

Have you also notice something else that is interesting ?

There is a particular person ...( I shan't say who, but you should know) was seen 'picking and badgering' the threads starter almost immediately after the threads were started...

if starting 3 threads of the same or similar theme is EXTREME ...

how do you describe that other person who kept picking on thread starter in each of those threads?

EXTREME too ?

I rest my case... don't want to be 'barking' again

Ringo33
19-11-13, 10:09
Damn Ridley park landed estate also kenna house breaking. Beware!!!

mummy
19-11-13, 13:18
Glad there is human traffic in front of my terrace as it deters breakins...but my maid was bitten by a rat yesterday and she killed it....gave my 2 boys a scare and we all went to ttsh near midnight to make sure no rabies shot was needed....fortunately, no rabies so far in singapore so no need.....now I need to perhaps instal window grills for the maid's room downstairs to prevent rats from attacking the next maid...

kane
19-11-13, 21:25
these must be commando rats. i have seen them scurrying around but never as aggressive.

mummy
20-11-13, 09:05
Actually, we could just close all the windows and doors in living room and kitchen and we would be safe but hubby wants to leave them open...albeit grilled doors locked in living room...for "better ventilation"....sigh....

Ringo33
06-09-14, 00:30
Beware, been seeing many house breaking signs around Frankel and Bukit Timah area recently.

Man caught for six cases of break-ins at landed properties islandwide -
See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/man-caught-six-cases-break-ins-landed-properties-islandwide-201409#sthash.08EoiQdu.dpuf

Ringo33
06-09-14, 00:32
5 youths aged 14 to 15 arrested for housebreaking

http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/5-youths-aged-14-15-arrested-housebreaking