PDA

View Full Version : Display set warehouse clearance sale

irisng
22-09-13, 15:09
Just came to know yesterday night, there is a Toshiba Display set warehouse sales on ending at 6pm today. Just came back from there, I bought a fridge , washing machine & 32" TV, altogether I paid for $700+. The fridge and washing machine have some dented parts but I think most important is that it is workable. It comes with a 6 mths warranty. If u want to rent out the house, I think don't need to buy so good one.

hopeful
22-09-13, 17:52
Thank you for telling us after u have purchased what you want. Less competition that way. Not blaming you, this is just human nature.

princess_morbucks
22-09-13, 18:26
Thank you for telling us after u have purchased what you want. Less competition that way. Not blaming you, this is just human nature.

:tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk::tsk-tsk:

yowetan
22-09-13, 19:04
Just came to know yesterday night, there is a Toshiba Display set warehouse sales on ending at 6pm today. Just came back from there, I bought a fridge , washing machine & 32" TV, altogether I paid for $700+. The fridge and washing machine have some dented parts but I think most important is that it is workable. It comes with a 6 mths warranty. If u want to rent out the house, I think don't need to buy so good one.

Hi...I am marvel by the intention of this thread.

princess_morbucks
22-09-13, 19:18
There will be many opportunities in future.

http://singapore-promotions.com/warehouse-sales/

lionhill
22-09-13, 20:11
haha, 当好人难哪!

irisng
22-09-13, 20:48

Alamat, don't think this way leh! I only know it yesterday when my son's girlfriend SMS him at around 10pm and asked him to pass the message to me. The sales actually started from 20-22 Sep.

It was our last min decision to go there also because I had been to display warehouse sales before and found that not worth going. So how to recommend to u all if it turns out to be the same as what I had visited earlier, you all will come after me, think that is a waste of time.:scared-3:

By the time we reached there it was already 1pm+, I never expect that I will buy anything from there also. We didn't spend much time there. After came back, haven't even rest, straight away post in this forum, hope that anyone can still grab something from there within the 3 hrs. Sign....真是好心没好報. Anyway, when we were there, still have a lot of fridges, washing machines and TV but TV and washing machine have 1 model only. Actually, all of them have some defects on it. Either dented or scratches. Maybe good ones were already taken up by the 1st two days customers.

Kelonguni
22-09-13, 21:04
Alamat, don't think this way leh! I only know it yesterday when my son's girlfriend SMS him at around 10pm and asked him to pass the message to me. The sales actually started from 20-22 Sep.

It was our last min decision to go there also because I had been to display warehouse sales before and found that not worth going. So how to recommend to u all if it turns out to be the same as what I had visited earlier, you all will come after me, think that is a waste of time.:scared-3:

By the time we reached there it was already 1pm+, I never expect that I will buy anything from there also. We didn't spend much time there. After came back, haven't even rest, straight away post in this forum, hope that anyone can still grab something from there within the 3 hrs. Sign....真是好心没好報. Anyway, when we were there, still have a lot of fridges, washing machines and TV but TV and washing machine have 1 model only. Actually, all of them have some defects on it. Either dented or scratches. Maybe good ones were already taken up by the 1st two days customers.

Hi, thanks for thinking about the bros and sis here. Your post reflects your kind intentions. I think the replies meant to tease too.

eminor82
22-09-13, 21:29
hi, may I know where was the sale held and by which company?

thanks!

princess_morbucks
22-09-13, 21:32

thanks!

Should be this one.

http://singapore-promotions.com/warehouse-sales/toshiba-display-sets-clearance-sale-cellini-home-gallery-20-22-sep-2013-76444/

irisng
22-09-13, 22:06

thanks!

Oops, forgot to type in the address in my thread, so blur :doh:.

It was Toshiba display set warehouse sales, held at 53, Loyang Drive, Cellini Home Gallery.

DMCK
23-09-13, 11:06
thanks for sharing, is not because of the good lobang, is your good gesture.:)

radha08
23-09-13, 11:46
There will be many opportunities in future.

http://singapore-promotions.com/warehouse-sales/

tks for the link:)

zzz1
23-09-13, 13:48

Good intention, lobang will come again. Tks
Don be bother by intentional misunderstood remarks !

TravieJackie
23-09-13, 13:54
Very cheap! Where to get updates for these kinda lobangs?

irisng
23-09-13, 15:42
This is my 1st time I bought the display set.:ashamed1:

Hope that there will be some more such lobang to share here so that everybody can benefit from it.

Princess, your link is very useful, thanks.

princess_morbucks
23-09-13, 18:32
This is my 1st time I bought the display set.:ashamed1:

Hope that there will be some more such lobang to share here so that everybody can benefit from it.

Princess, your link is very useful, thanks.

No worries :).
After u started this thread and googled the link, otherwise i would not have known that this existed.
So this thread is useful!

Thanks to your daughter's boyfriend.
Mabbe he got the information from his mother?
So it will be from ur daughter's bf' s mother :D?

zeamybro
23-09-13, 20:05
After u started this thread and googled the link, otherwise i would not have known that this existed.

Thanks to your daughter's boyfriend.
Mabbe he got the information from his mother?
So it will be from ur daughter's bf' s mother :D?

I think it could be from her daughter's bf's mother's colleagues's neighbour's father-in-law's cousin's classmates's friends... For we know sis iris is very well connected !

Yeah tks to iris sis for this thread. I agree its worth buying display sets like fridges and washers for rental units.. Since they are usually not powered up at the showrooms ... But tv wise I will not consider...

irisng
23-09-13, 21:04
Haha, the information come from my son's girlfriend which she got it from her colleague.

Oh yes, I must let her know, next time if have such lobang, must tell me earlier so that I can post here and whoever need it can go and have a look.

Actually, I saw the link that Princess posted here, Gain City was also having a promotion on that Sunday, fridge and washing machine cost only about $200+ each, almost the same price as what I bought.

irisng
24-09-13, 08:29

If you needn't "take your heart" to google the link, we'll not know there is such a link, still have to thank you.:cheers1:

irisng
24-09-13, 08:34
Thank you for all your support and understanding. This will also encourage other forummers who have already bought their "bargain stuff" to share their lobang here.:)

DC33_2008
24-09-13, 09:03
Some tenants want brand new stuff like fridge, washing machine, bedding items, etc, as it is dealing related to hygiene. It also depends on the rent. My tenants like partial furnish and one of them bought the latest 60inch tv with a high-end theatre system.

Shanhz
24-09-13, 09:29
good sharing. pls keep it up regardless of the negative remarks.. :D

irisng
11-11-13, 16:42
Sign..... a bit regret buying the warehouse items.

Washing Machine - delivered to my place but was out of function, water cannot stop when we turned off the tap, so the delivery man took back for repair. After a few days, another washing machine was delivered to us but different set because my previous set was beyond repair. It will be fine for me if it is a clean and new set but later I realised that the filter was so dirty, filled with fabric. So I called the sales department and he said he will replace me with a new filter. I told him that this looks like an used set and also have some dented marks. He said as long as it functions, should be okay lah, still have 6 months warranty. Moreover most of the warehouse items also have dented parts. Should I request for a replacement of new washing machine or bear with this one and accept the new filter. I'm afraid that if they will to send another one, it will be worst than this with more dented parts.

I'm very disappointed with this company, Toshiba is such a reputable brand and yet they can just anyhow replace one for the customer.:simmering:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7428&stc=1&d=1384209687

princess_morbucks
11-11-13, 17:06
OMG!
Sis irisng, thanks for the review.
Good things does not come cheap.

irisng
11-11-13, 17:34
OMG!

Initially, thought that it was cheap but actually it was not that cheap. I paid $290 for it. Another $100+, I can get a brand new one with 1 year warranty but maybe capacity is lower, but is okay wah . This was the 1st time I bought from a warehouse sales and yet have such a bad experience, so lucky:rolleyes:.

irisng
11-11-13, 18:03
OMG!

By right, they should replace a new one instead of an old one, afterall it is their fault for selling faulty product.

I had two good experience with NTUC before. If the price on the shelf (promotion over but they had not changed the price tag) and the cashier machine is at the current non-promotion price, they will still sell you at the promotion price because it was their fault, this was what the "sales leader" told me. There was once that they even gave me a full refund, that means the item that I bought was free. :cool:

zeamybro
11-11-13, 18:05
Initially, thought that it was cheap but actually it was not that cheap. I paid $290 for it. Another $100+, I can get a brand new one with 1 year warranty but maybe capacity is lower, but is okay wah . This was the 1st time I bought from a warehouse sales and yet have such a bad experience, so lucky:rolleyes:.

Can ask for refund?

Recently I bought a display set washer at 25% discount for own use. Luckily no problem ..

irisng
11-11-13, 18:11
Can ask for refund?

Recently I bought a display set washer at 25% discount for own use. Luckily no problem ..

Don't know leh. If they can replace a new set, I will be happy enough already but he only said replace a new filter. Tomorrow, the serviceman is coming to my place to have a look at my fridge, I think have some problem too, don't know why outside the fridge so hot, freezer so cold, below portion not so cold, headache liow!!!! Hope that he will not bring along the new filter so that I can call the office again to request for a new replacement, but who knows, they might just change to another old one but this time will clean up properly before deliver, jialat liow, I have lost confidence in them already.

irisng
11-11-13, 18:24
Can ask for refund?

If it is on sales and not a display set, I think should be no problem because it is completely new. My sister-in-law bought a fridge (display set) also no problem, so many years already BUT it is not Toshiba Brand lor.

irisng
13-11-13, 07:05
Don't know leh. If they can replace a new set, I will be happy enough already but he only said replace a new filter. Tomorrow, the serviceman is coming to my place to have a look at my fridge, I think have some problem too, don't know why outside the fridge so hot, freezer so cold, below portion not so cold, headache liow!!!! Hope that he will not bring along the new filter so that I can call the office again to request for a new replacement, but who knows, they might just change to another old one but this time will clean up properly before deliver, jialat liow, I have lost confidence in them already.

Yesterday, the service man (fridge) came to our place to have a look at the fridge. A bit disappointed with the way and tone he answered. I asked him why so hot "outside" (can actually "burn" the figures if you put there for >1 sec.). He said is built like that one, he can't do anything also because the filaments are on the sides of the fridge. Last time, they built behind, people complained that their walls turned black because of the heat and now build sideways, people complain the sides very hot. What type of answer he gave, the fridge should feel warm and not hot, isn't it? If there are children in the house, isn't it is going to burn their figures if they happen to touch it.

princess_morbucks
13-11-13, 12:39
Sis irisng, I saw Audio House having a promo 1 Nov to 1 Dec- buy 2nd item at 50% off.
You may want to consider changing the fridge and washing machine.

http://www.audiohouse.com.sg/weekly-ads2011

irisng
13-11-13, 21:24
Sis irisng, I saw Audio House having a promo 1 Nov to 1 Dec- buy 2nd item at 50% off.
You may want to consider changing the fridge and washing machine.

http://www.audiohouse.com.sg/weekly-ads2011

Thanks for the link. I went there before many many years back. I wanted to buy a TV which was on promotion (advertised on the newspaper) but when I went down to the shop, I was told that I need to buy an item with normal price first, then I will be eligible for this lucky draw. :doh: This was not mentioned on the advertisement at all.

teddybear
13-11-13, 22:16
I don't suppose you bought from Toshiba? May like a dealer/retailer for Toshiba? Problem is with the dealer?
Even if you have bought a display set or warehouse set or whatever, they are supposed to be new. A new set not working obviously need to be replaced with a new set (be it another display set or warehouse set), but not a recycled used set. Go complain to them and if nothing done, go CASE?! :simmering:

Washing Machine - delivered to my place but was out of function, water cannot stop when we turned off the tap, so the delivery man took back for repair. After a few days, another washing machine was delivered to us but different set because my previous set was beyond repair. It will be fine for me if it is a clean and new set but later I realised that the filter was so dirty, filled with fabric. So I called the sales department and he said he will replace me with a new filter. I told him that this looks like an used set and also have some dented marks. He said as long as it functions, should be okay lah, still have 6 months warranty. Moreover most of the warehouse items also have dented parts. Should I request for a replacement of new washing machine or bear with this one and accept the new filter. I'm afraid that if they will to send another one, it will be worst than this with more dented parts.

I'm very disappointed with this company, Toshiba is such a reputable brand and yet they can just anyhow replace one for the customer.:simmering:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7428&stc=1&d=1384209687

minority
13-11-13, 22:17
go buy from audio house. promo now. 50% of 2nd purchase.

princess_morbucks
13-11-13, 23:06
go buy from audio house. promo now. 50% of 2nd purchase.

Read irisng's post #33.

irisng
14-11-13, 07:29
Read irisng's post #33.

Haha, don't let my post #33 hold you back. Maybe now is different already leh.:o

princess_morbucks
14-11-13, 07:36
Haha, don't let my post #33 hold you back. Maybe now is different already leh.:o

No, la it won't.
I don't need anything at the moment.
Usually I am quite skeptical about such offer.
I personally prefer to buy from Parisilk, but I will usually shop around for the price first.

irisng
14-11-13, 07:36
I don't suppose you bought from Toshiba? May like a dealer/retailer for Toshiba? Problem is with the dealer?
Even if you have bought a display set or warehouse set or whatever, they are supposed to be new. A new set not working obviously need to be replaced with a new set (be it another display set or warehouse set), but not a recycled used set. Go complain to them and if nothing done, go CASE?! :simmering:

It is direct from Toshiba. The Delivery Order and Invoice were issued by Toshiba and I called Toshiba Sales Centre to complain about this case.
Already 2 days and they still haven't come back to me. Monday called up the Toshiba, the salesman said he will replace a new filter for me. Tuesday called again to request for a new replacement, another salesman picked up and he said he will check and get back to me but till now still no news.

irisng
14-11-13, 07:42
No, la it won't.
I don't need anything at the moment.
Usually I am quite skeptical about such offer.
I personally prefer to buy from Parisilk, but I will usually shop around for the price first.

Actually, I don't like to buy display set too but sign... 1st time and already have such a bad experience. Just bought a bedframe and mattress from Q0010, don't know how is the quality, haven't delivered yet.

irisng
14-11-13, 21:11
Went down to my place today and saw the new filter. I was wondering why they can do such a thing. Came to my house without my knowledge and replace the new filter.:hell-hath-no-fury: Wonder how they can get into my house, must be that the contractors are doing the defects at that time.

This is how a reputable company does their work?

minority
14-11-13, 21:56

I bought display set from gain city. its fully brand new with a small scratch. Warranty is full 2 yrs from the day of delivery.. I think u have been had.

minority
14-11-13, 21:59

which company leh.. tell us we all must avoid this.

irisng
15-11-13, 21:37
I bought display set from gain city. its fully brand new with a small scratch. Warranty is full 2 yrs from the day of delivery.. I think u have been had.

Ya, I think Gain City not bad. Last time (my old house), I bought the aircond (Mitsubishi) from them including installation, about 4 or 5 yrs already, still working well, no complain at all.

irisng
15-11-13, 21:48
which company leh.. tell us we all must avoid this.

I bought direct from Toshiba leh. I can't see any other company's name on the invoice or delivery order except the transport company's name on the DO. Don't know is it just my luck or that this is their service attitude :scared-3:.

My current house is also using Toshiba washing machine, not so good also. Less than 1 month after delivery, I had already encountered some problem, I can't remember what was the problem but I think it had something to do with the water flow.

I prefer National and Sony brand. ;)

Simi
15-11-13, 21:57
Actually, I don't like to buy display set too but sign... 1st time and already have such a bad experience. Just bought a bedframe and mattress from Q0010, don't know how is the quality, haven't delivered yet.

Hi Irisng

Buying display set is ok
go only for those non electrical item like sofa, console, cupboard etc
these I bought for my tenants
Electrical items are all brand new

Simi
15-11-13, 22:08

Hi Teddy

sometimes going to CASE no use wan

go back to the store and create some NOISE
best is when many customers are around

irisng
15-11-13, 22:09
But I think not all Toshiba service is that bad lor.

Recently, my company bought a Toshiba printer. The Malaysian salesman is very patient and friendly but not the lady trainer, a bit impatient type. After sales, he still called us to check how was the things going on, any problem, can call him or if we don't know how to operate the machine, can also call him. He even purposely came down to our office to teach us how to fill the PIC claim form, though some of the things, he also not very sure but we appreciate it. He will then help us to clarify with IRAS. Thumb up for this type of service.

irisng
15-11-13, 22:21
Hi Irisng

Buying display set is ok
go only for those non electrical item like sofa, console, cupboard etc
these I bought for my tenants
Electrical items are all brand new

Ya, I learn from my mistakes liow. Thought that washing machine and fridge on display only, never use one, never expect them to replace a used set for me.:simmering:

When I called the 2nd time, I asked the salesman whether was the display set a new set, he said no, so I asked him, do you mean you all do the washing on the spot, he said of course not. So it should consider a new set right because is not used at all. So by right, they should replace me with a new set, why replace me with a used set. But forget about it, next time will never buy from Toshiba again, irregardless whether new or display set.

irisng
15-11-13, 22:25
Hi Teddy

I also wanted to but I'm not fierce enough leh..:o

Simi
15-11-13, 22:29

No need to be fierce la, can act like a hapless dame :cheers1:

when there are customer around they will be nice to you :D:D

no customer don't approach them....wait :ashamed1:

Simi
15-11-13, 22:45
But I think not all Toshiba service is that bad lor.

Recently, my company bought a Toshiba printer. The Malaysian salesman is very patient and friendly but not the lady trainer, a bit impatient type. After sales, he still called us to check how was the things going on, any problem, can call him or if we don't know how to operate the machine, can also call him. He even purposely came down to our office to teach us how to fill the PIC claim form, though some of the things, he also not very sure but we appreciate it. He will then help us to clarify with IRAS. Thumb up for this type of service.

There must be something in your office that made or attract this service guy wants to go back. Friendly atmosphere perhaps or maybe some cutie cutie gals. If your office is those solemn type like attending a funeral, don't think he will want to go back unless on call and even so will be reluctance and unenthusiastic :)

so moral of the story

act cute.....its has got a lot of advantages :D

teddybear
15-11-13, 22:51
Ask simi to go with you, problem will be solved! :p

Originally Posted by Simi http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=445667#post445667)
Hi Teddy

irisng
15-11-13, 22:53
There must be something in your office that made or attract this service guy wants to go back. Friendly atmosphere perhaps or maybe some cutie cutie gals. If your office is those solemn type like attending a funeral, don't think he will want to go back unless on call and even so will be reluctance and unenthusiastic :)

so moral of the story

act cute.....its has got a lot of advantages :D

Ya, you are so cute now, haha.:)

My colleagues, all senior citizen liow including myself:D

Simi
15-11-13, 22:58

Originally Posted by Simi http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=445667#post445667)
Hi Teddy

act cute la you

Life will be much happier la if you don't everyday go to the West thread and put on a constipated face ...LOL :D:D

irisng
15-11-13, 23:00

Hi Teddy

My friend's sister-in-law is very fierce.:D There was once she booked a chalet, not supposed to have outside caterer but don't know how she argued until they gave up and let her used outside caterer.:D

Simi
15-11-13, 23:01
Ya, you are so cute now, haha.:)

My colleagues, all senior citizen liow including myself:D

sometimes do not need to have cutie cutie to make your day

Senior citizens can also act cute what and create a friendly atmosphere

Its really refreshing to visit them more often "thought that service man" :D

Simi
15-11-13, 23:06
My friend's sister-in-law is very fierce.:D There was once she booked a chalet, not supposed to have outside caterer but don't know how she argued until they gave up and let her used outside caterer.:D

your friend's sis in law knows how to play the game :D:D

Both Thumbs Up to her :)

Read more on the 36 stratagems :ashamed1:

zzz1
16-11-13, 06:06

i think you are under the spell of 'swayness ', buying new product and always spoilt. but don worry u are not alone...i also had these encounters, buy a new set of equipment, and many of the time , it spoilt shortly. Learn to accept it...

On customer service, you need to call and call, nn choice till you get full satisfaction. If they don further entertain, can email to their parent company in Japan(the brand name). it is their reputation at stake.

hope you resolve your issue soonest..

irisng
16-11-13, 09:27
i think you are under the spell of 'swayness ', buying new product and always spoilt. but don worry u are not alone...i also had these encounters, buy a new set of equipment, and many of the time , it spoilt shortly. Learn to accept it...

On customer service, you need to call and call, nn choice till you get full satisfaction. If they don further entertain, can email to their parent company in Japan(the brand name). it is their reputation at stake.

hope you resolve your issue soonest..

Thank you. I think I must go to temple more often. Almost 80% have problem, sign.... or is it that I'm too picky? Recently bought a coffee table online, glasses chip, need to call the merchant and whatsapp him the picture but not bad, the service was good, within 2 days, they came and replace my chip glasses.

Another case was my sofa set, 1st delivery, the sofa below cloth was torn, so asked them to replace, 2nd delivery, don't know why, the sofa was out of shape, 3rd delivery, the leather was not properly done, something popped out from the leather, sign.... forget it, I didn't want any more replacement but requested for a deduction and they agreed.

DC33_2008
16-11-13, 09:32
You may want to check with kong tai electrical first before purchasing those display set. Too much hassle.
Thank you. I think I must go to temple more often. Almost 80% have problem, sign.... or is it that I'm too picky? Recently bought a coffee table online, glasses chip, need to call the merchant and whatsapp him the picture but not bad, the service was good, within 2 days, they came and replace my chip glasses.

Another case was my sofa set, 1st delivery, the sofa below cloth was torn, so asked them to replace, 2nd delivery, don't know why, the sofa was out of shape, 3rd delivery, the leather was not properly done, something popped out from the leather, sign.... forget it, I didn't want any more replacement but requested for a deduction and they agreed.

irisng
16-11-13, 09:41
You may want to check with kong tai electrical first before purchasing those display set. Too much hassle.

Thanks. Next time, I will try them.

Simi
16-11-13, 10:12
so far no such problem for me

only problem is with the MIO TV set and at one time the technician also gave up and said my TV spoilt :D

in the end singtel sent another technician and all are well now
I can call the technician direct in future :D:D no need to call service line and go through all those crap....

act cute and be friendly....got lots of advantages and benefits :cheers1::cheers1:

onglai
16-11-13, 11:33
so far no such problem for me

only problem is with the MIO TV set and at one time the technician also gave up and said my TV spoilt :D

in the end singtel sent another technician and all are well now
I can call the technician direct in future :D:D no need to call service line and go through all those crap....

act cute and be friendly....got lots of advantages and benefits :cheers1::cheers1:

..... act cute later pple say u goldfish uncle...

Simi
16-11-13, 12:32

sound so familiar

my 2nd house also said that :ashamed1::ashamed1:

zzz1
16-11-13, 12:39

I am convinced. . Remember to go temple more often.. haha

Right, sometimes got to just move on.. life is easier. ..

mcmlxxvi
16-11-13, 13:40

this term is new to me ... goldfish uncle

can sm1 enlighten pls? tia

onglai
16-11-13, 14:34
this term is new to me ... goldfish uncle

can sm1 enlighten pls? tia

http://evchk.wikia.com/wiki/%E9%87%91%E9%AD%9A%E4%BD%AC

:)

princess_morbucks
16-11-13, 15:33
Saw this ad in today's Strait's Times
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZLfLQFCUAExjec.jpg:large

mcmlxxvi
16-11-13, 16:20
http://evchk.wikia.com/wiki/%E9%87%91%E9%AD%9A%E4%BD%AC

:)

Haha! Thx. Just as i thought...

minority
16-11-13, 22:03
its a weekend of electronics clearance sales.!

irisng
16-11-13, 22:13
Saw this ad in today's Strait's Times
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZLfLQFCUAExjec.jpg:large

I saw the airfryer, is it Philips brand? If it is, $139 is very cheap. I just bought online $238, consider very cheap already as compared to elsewhere.

princess_morbucks
17-11-13, 09:20
I saw the airfryer, is it Philips brand? If it is, $139 is very cheap. I just bought online $238, consider very cheap already as compared to elsewhere.

I went to Qoo10 and saw that parisilk is selling it at $139 for a limited time. According to the review, its brand is Mistrel.

irisng
17-11-13, 15:35
I went to Qoo10 and saw that parisilk is selling it at $139 for a limited time. According to the review, its brand is Mistrel.

Reviews on Mistral products not so good but not sure about the airfryer.

Parisilk is also selling Philips airfryer but for $259 with free Philips can opener + can buy Esleen Happy Cook for $19.90 (if I remember correctly, original $69).