PDA

View Full Version : Global house prices rising; Indonesia and Malaysia outperform Singapore

wirehtc
14-09-13, 07:52
Global house prices rising; Indonesia and Malaysia outperform Singapore
Sep 10, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

House prices in Indonesia and Malaysia are rising at a faster pace than those in Singapore, according to the latest Knight Frank House Price Index which was published yesterday.

Indonesian prices saw a 12.1 percent year-on-year rise to the end of the second quarter, while Malaysian prices rose 6.0 percent over the same period. This ranks the countries IN 7th and 17th respectively in the report of 55 countries.

By contrast Singapore priced (non-landed private properties) rose just 4.5 percent – ranking the country in 26th place of global house price. Singapore is ranked alongside Iceland and Luxembourg in terms of the percentage rise in house prices.

Elsewhere European property prices rose for the first time since 2010, while house prices around the world rose by 2.4 percent in the second quarter of 2013, the highest rate of annual growth since Q2 2010.

Prices rose in 37 of the 55 countries tracked by the index in the second quarter of 2013. This compares to 27 two years earlier which points to an improving global picture.

Dubai leads the annual rankings, recording price growth of 21.7% in the year to the end of June. The emirate’s housing market has gained momentum since late 2012, while its prime market led the way, mainstream prices are now following suit.

For the first time since 2010, European countries recorded positive annual price growth. However, the average 0.7 percent increase over the past 12 months masks a sharp divergence in performance between individual countries, with Turkey the strongest performer (up by 12.2 percent) and Greece the weakest (down by 11.5 percent) year-on-year.

The economies of some key emerging markets are showing signs of strain and this is being reflected in their housing markets’ performance. Annual price growth in Brazil, for example, stands at 11.9 percent, down from 18.4 percent a year earlier.

The U.S. housing market recovery appears to be on firmer ground, with its second consecutive quarterly rise. Nationally, prices rose by 10.2 percent in the last 12 months, with the cities of Atlanta and Chicago recording the strongest growth in the second quarter.

It is interesting to note that the world’s two largest housing markets – the U.S. and China – are experiencing contrasting fortunes; quarterly growth reached 7.1 percent in the U.S. but hovered around 0 percent in China.
For the fourth consecutive quarter the bottom ten rankings have all been occupied by European countries.

While Greece, Spain and Portugal dominate the headlines, the sluggish markets of The Netherlands, Hungary and Croatia are often overlooked. These countries recorded price falls of 8.5 percent, 8.2 percent and 5.5 percent respectively in the year to June. Tight lending conditions, high levels of consumer debt and rising unemployment are depressing market activity.

The U.K., after three years of negative or stuttering price growth in its mainstream market, has found some traction. Prices rose by 2.6 percent in the second quarter.

Knight Frank concluded that the medium term outlook is muted. Europe has been the main drag on the global housing market’s performance in recent years but growing confidence is being tempered by deterioration in the outlook for a number of the large emerging market economies.

Thailand is not included in the report due to a lack of creditable data.

Top ten fast growing countries by property prices
Rank | Country | 12-month % change from Q2 2012-Q2 2013

1 Dubai, UAE 21.7%
2 Hong Kong1 19.1%
3 Taiwan 15.4%
4 China2 14.8%
5 Colombia 12.7%
6 Turkey 12.2%
7 Indonesia 12.1%
8 Estonia 11.9%
9 Brazil 11.9%
10 Ukraine 10.9%

Others
17 Malaysia 6.0%
26 Singapore 4.5%

The Knight Frank Global House Price Index was established in 2006 is the definitive means for investors and developers to monitor and compare the performance of mainstream residential markets across the world. The index is compiled on a quarterly basis using official government statistics or central bank data where available.

Andrew Batt, International Group Editor of PropertyGuru Group, wrote this story. To contact him about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2013/9/10778/global-house-prices-rising-indonesia-and-malaysia-

wirehtc
14-09-13, 07:53
Global House Price Index

View full report at http://my.knightfrank.com/research-reports/global-house-price-index.aspx

phantom_opera
14-09-13, 08:00
the dragon heads are soaring to the heaven

the other young dragons are soaring too

even the pigs are flying

it is a matter of time b4 Singapore property becomes value for money again

what's more?? when McCafe Cappaccino up 14% overnight and commercial vehicle COE keeps hitting all time high

the value of money is fast shrinking

wirehtc
14-09-13, 08:03
Asia Pacific Residential Review

View full report at http://my.knightfrank.com/research-reports/asia-pacific-residential-review.aspx

wirehtc
14-09-13, 08:05

even the pigs are flying

what's more?? when McCafe Cappaccino up 14% overnight and commercial vehicle COE keeps hitting all time high

Burger King is shrinking fast too. Buy properties in our region as a hedge. (Unofficial) inflation next year will soar.

wirehtc
14-09-13, 08:22
Take the KF data with a pinch of salt. Some countries very large and certain areas may do well while others are dropping.

hopeful
14-09-13, 09:06
Thailand is not included in the report due to a lack of creditable data.

any english expert here?
is it credible data or creditable data?

the writer is a sneaky guy.
thailand is not "creditable", so not included.
the rest are included, therefore they are "creditable", therefore,you must believe my figures.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:15

even the pigs are flying

It is very obvious the property speculators have moved to other countries liao la. Wait long long lor. ( TAN KU KU = Hokkien ) Only gong kias left in this market la.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:17
any english expert here?
is it credible data or creditable data?

the writer is a sneaky guy.
thailand is not "creditable", so not included.
the rest are included, therefore they are "creditable", therefore,you must believe my figures.

creditable could mean cannot be assigned or gathered. Not meant to say credible la, good sister hopeful ;)

i no england expert la, but my england very good A1 la.

phantom_opera
14-09-13, 09:18
Preferring a mix of gold and diversified real estate (and not government bonds), Marc Faber warns investors to be highly skeptical of anyone who believes they can forecast what is going to happen over the next 5-10 years.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:29
Preferring a mix of gold and diversified real estate (and not government bonds), Marc Faber warns investors to be highly skeptical of anyone who believes they can forecast what is going to happen over the next 5-10 years.

He must have been reading my thread la.

Please la, he got THIRD EYE bo ? he got CELESTIAL POWER bo ? he can talk with ghosts bo ? He is a TANKEE or not ?

If dun have of course cannot forecast la.

angmo dun believe in such things one la, that is why their economy is in a mess lor.

DC33_2008
14-09-13, 09:29
Gold is dropping again.

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:32
It is very obvious the property speculators have moved to other countries liao la. Wait long long lor. ( TAN KU KU = Hokkien ) Only gong kias left in this market la.

Agree... Especially those who bot espada.... Hahahaha.. Rent out to Minnie mouse???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better go for breakfast Liao... Chao... Hahahahaha

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:33
He must have been reading my thread la.

Please la, he got THIRD EYE bo ? he got CELESTIAL POWER bo ? he can talk with ghosts bo ? He is a TANKEE or not ?

If dun have of course cannot forecast la.

angmo dun believe in such things one la, that is why their economy is in a mess lor.

last time in 2008, if the US President come to our Chinese temples and pray, maybe Lehman will not collapse la. And also the FED will not have to print like no tomm causing the dollar to weaken like a deflated rubber lor.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:34
Agree... Especially those who bot espada.... Hahahaha.. Rent out to Minnie mouse???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better go for breakfast Liao... Chao... Hahahahaha

lai liao lai liao...this mad guy lai liao.

I said to PROTECT my capital, I am not looking for rental return or even capital gain hor.

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:38
lai liao lai liao...this mad guy lai liao.

I said to PROTECT my capital, I am not looking for rental return or even capital gain hor.

But espada machiam like Prada... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Aiya, why you so goon??? Always go against tide... People like bro phantom so nice give u clues but you keep relying on you third arsh... HAHAHAHAHAHA

You take medicine Liao bo???? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Teddy give u clue, u still so blur????

But don't listen to me... This is not me... I got my staff to type under me... So u don't know who is who... I gave my staff my username and password... So they are pseudo... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Blur rite...

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:39
the angmo SIBEH arrogant la. They thought by using their tiny human brains, they can solve everything on this planet.

Please la, ever wonder why so many comets in space BUT no single one can hit our planet bo? It is because of the UNSEEN helping us la. THEY are more concern with our welfare than the angmo with money lor.

SIBEH arrogant arh...the angmos. Read that an angmo drinking in our MRT from another forum.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:40

Aiya, why you so goon??? Always go against tide... People like bro phantom so nice give u clues but you keep relying on you third arsh... HAHAHAHAHAHA

I ALREADY TOLD U LIAO. MY JOB. READ MY LIPS AGAIN: MY JOB IS TO SHOUT CRASH THE MARKET LA! You want me to go out of job and be unemployed sibo ? very Or-sim la you.

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:42
the angmo SIBEH arrogant la. They thought by using their tiny human brains, they can solve everything on this planet.

Please la, ever wonder why so many comets in space BUT no single one can hit our planet bo? It is because of the UNSEEN helping us la. THEY are more concern with our welfare than the angmo with money lor.

SIBEH arrogant arh...the angmos. Read that an angmo drinking in our MRT from another forum.

Mai racist leh... Ebony and ivory.... Listen... Don't incite racism... Kam Sia.

Hhahahah

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:43

Teddy give u clue, u still so blur????

But don't listen to me... This is not me... I got my staff to type under me... So u don't know who is who... I gave my staff my username and password... So they are pseudo... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Blur rite...

u thought u are the only one doing that arh ? I got no staffs under me to use my account arh ?

then how come i can be here 24/7 even early in the morning 4 am?

Please la....

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:43
I ALREADY TOLD U LIAO. MY JOB. READ MY LIPS AGAIN: MY JOB IS TO SHOUT CRASH THE MARKET LA! You want me to go out of job and be unemployed sibo ? very Or-sim la you.

I never stop u leh.... I just saying must listen to kind souls like phantom and teddy... Don't be so or sim to drag other people down leh....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carry on private.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:45
Mai racist leh... Ebony and ivory.... Listen... Don't incite racism... Kam Sia.

Hhahahah

u always put words into my mouth la. i never incite racism hor... I say someone arrogant is racism ?

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:45
u thought u are the only one doing that arh ? I got no staffs under me to use my account arh ?

then how come i can be here 24/7 even early in the morning 4 am?

Please la....

I joking u also believe...:doh::doh::doh:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Relak lar, sometime I feel u too emo.... Must breathe in and out slowly....

But really, espada sucks... For your sake. I hope u joking... Hahahahah

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:46
I never stop u leh.... I just saying must listen to kind souls like phantom and teddy... Don't be so or sim to drag other people down leh....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carry on private.

U taken ur medicine liao bo this morning?

although in army I am a private. But at least now I am a commander in private company hor.

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:47
U taken ur medicine liao bo this morning?

although in army I am a private. But at least now I am a commander in private company hor.

Good for u....:cheers1::cheers1: relak lar... Keep inciting leh...

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:47
I joking u also believe...:doh::doh::doh:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Relak lar, sometime I feel u too emo.... Must breathe in and out slowly....

But really, espada sucks... For your sake. I hope u joking... Hahahahah

Wahlaueh... TOLD U I AM AN INTERNET AVATAR la dun believe. Got read my other thread bo? You newbie arh ?

Of course I know u are joking la, GOOD BROTHER...Just entertaining the gong kias here only la.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:49
Good for u....:cheers1::cheers1: relak lar... Keep inciting leh...

NI SHI SIAO SHI BO ? told u already u deaf arh ?

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:50
Wahlaueh... TOLD U I AM AN INTERNET AVATAR la dun believe. Got read my other thread bo? You newbie arh ?

Of course I know u are joking la, GOOD BROTHER...Just entertaining the gong kias here only la.

But the scary part is some really believe u leh... Look at wunderkind ... Hahahaha

But very entertaining leh... U thot of acting with Gurmit??? U will do well leh...

chestnut
14-09-13, 09:52
NI SHI SIAO SHI BO ? told u already u deaf arh ?

I did not enable nuance .... Hahahaha u know nuance???

After this u need to google rite... U not up to rev leh....

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 09:57
ONE LAST TIME FOR THE NEW GONGKIAs like CHESTNUT here :

Character: Blackjack21trader a.k.a 神龙股侠。

Background information:

1) Born in the 1960s to a rich real estate family.

2) Was mentally disturbed since young and thought that he can communicate with ghosts or angels.

3) When an adult, went to very reputable schools but nobody notices he is a actually a total idiot but instead thought he is a genius and can predict the future, including his mentors or professors.

Character:

1) Because he is mentally disturbed, he must sometimes act like an angry man and sometimes act like a nice guy.

2) He is very stubborn, more stubborn like Mr. Basic and live in a world created by his own imagination. Or will mentally twist the real world happenings to fit his own imagination.

3) He will scream like mad at times and at other times appeared like a gentleman.

4) Since young, because of his hallucination episodes, he thought he is very handsome but in reality you can puke when you see him.

5) He will praise those that agree with him BUT will condemn anyone who disagrees with him even that someone is absolutely right on target.

6) He is a company director and very ego who always claim he is the most intelligent, but actually he "rob" ideas during company meetings from his subordinates and make it his own. He use the same method in Internet forums.

7) In front of the public eyes he will say one thing but do another behind for his own personal gains. Absolutely selfish and ego person.

8) When company business doing well, he will claim credits and when doing badly, he will blame his workers.

9) Because of his high ego, even when a lady glare at him, he will mentally twist it to hallucinate that she is smiling at him.

GET IT ? NI SHI SIAO SIBO ???

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:02
Huh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Firefly, what u say?????

Nuance cannot understand?????

HAHAHAHAHAHA

U planting OB markers arh.......

Chestnut is just a simple person who loves to catch firefly and squeeze it... Hahahaha

Background information:

2) Was mentally disturbed since young and thought that he can communicate with ghosts or angels.

3) When an adult, went to very reputable schools but nobody notices he is a actually a total idiot but instead thought he is a genius and can predict the future, including his mentors or professors.

Character:

1) Because he is mentally disturbed, he must sometimes act like an angry man and sometimes act like a nice guy.

2) He is very stubborn, more stubborn like Mr. Basic and live in a world created by his own imagination. Or will mentally twist the real world happenings to fit his own imagination.

3) He will scream like mad at times and at other times appeared like a gentleman.

4) Since young, because of his hallucination episodes, he thought he is very handsome but in reality you can puke when you see him.

5) He will praise those that agree with him BUT will condemn anyone who disagrees with him even that someone is absolutely right on target.

6) He is a company director and very ego who always claim he is the most intelligent, but actually he "rob" ideas during company meetings from his subordinates and make it his own. He use the same method in Internet forums.

7) In front of the public eyes he will say one thing but do another behind for his own personal gains. Absolutely selfish and ego person.

8) When company business doing well, he will claim credits and when doing badly, he will blame his workers.

9) Because of his high ego, even when a lady glare at him, he will mentally twist it to hallucinate that she is smiling at him.

phantom_opera
14-09-13, 10:03
UK housing price hits record with pricing surge in London

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:05
Huh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Firefly, what u say?????

Nuance cannot understand?????

HAHAHAHAHAHA

U planting OB markers arh.......

Chestnut is just a simple person who loves to catch firefly and squeeze it... Hahahaha

NI SHI SIAO SHI BO?

Someone who is my old pal already contacted me liao la. They already know who I am long ago la.

You are the stupid one still living in ignorance, or THEY completely ignored you la.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:07
BLACKJACK21TRADER CHARACTER IS BASED ON THIS GUY, A PROJECT BY A GROUP OF HIGHLY INTELLIGENT BEINGS, WATCH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nmosJvFAy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCCpMNhgSuE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCTOxagf_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFA7O_ashpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5rbIFurFE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5r1Uy1UWco

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:10
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Now I know why your followers all dropping out... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers lar... Relax... U full of angst leh.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Must relax.... Don't be racist, don't call people siao so often, don't call people dumb, don't spoil khaw and tharman's plan.... Then your followers may come back....

Only 1 person contacted u??? So the rest here all ignorant??? You sometime do not know the implication lar.... I good soul tell u, u take so personal....:doh:

Think of what I say before replying so quick.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

U really kan cheong spider leh.....

NI SHI SIAO SHI BO?

Someone who is my old pal already contacted me liao la. They already know who I am long ago la.

You are the stupid one still living in ignorance, or THEY completely ignored you la.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:12

Must relax.... Don't be racist, don't call people siao so often, don't call people dumb, don't spoil khaw and tharman's plan.... Then your followers may come back....

Only 1 person contacted u??? So the rest here all ignorant??? You sometime do not know the implication lar.... I good soul tell u, u take so personal....:doh:

u got go see a doctor lately bo ? i mean a doctor who specialises on mental health.

:(

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:13
UK housing price hits record with pricing surge in London

I think we in wrong thread... Need to go back to your thread... HAHAHAHAHAHA

indomie
14-09-13, 10:13

Background information:

Character:

Aren't we all behave just like that? U are quite normal brother.

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:15
chestnut didi, you ever wonder why I can talk whatever I like and I show all my personal photographs here in the Internet while you cannot?

I AM MORE HIGH LEVEL THAN YOU LA, dumb!

WOAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:16

Really, that means we should all gather in IMH ( woodbridge) instead of this forum ?

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:16
Bj, not blow hor...

Listen to my advise.... Really, u losing it Liao..... You spouting rubbish leh.... Relak.... People share with u the truth but u keep resisting... Be positive... It is good for u.... Too much negative trots are bad for u... I good hearted kanna slam:doh::doh::doh:

Wish u all the best lar... Don't keep calling people dumb.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:cheers1:

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:19

Smartie has spoken.... :cheers1::cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:19
Bj, not blow hor...

Listen to my advise.... Really, u losing it Liao..... You spouting rubbish leh.... Relak.... People share with u the truth but u keep resisting... Be positive... It is good for u.... Too much negative trots are bad for u... I good hearted kanna slam:doh::doh::doh:

Wish u all the best lar... Don't keep calling people dumb.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ONE FINAL TIME BEFORE I IGNORE YOU COMPLETELY: THAT IS MY JOB.

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:20
I give clue already ar.... See if u all can figure out... Hahahahahah

blackjack21trader
14-09-13, 10:21
I give clue already ar.... See if u all can figure out... Hahahahahah

YOU ARE BEING IGNORED.

chestnut
14-09-13, 10:23
YOU ARE BEING IGNORED.

Others will get the clue..... HAHAHAHAHAHA

If u get it, good for u... If not, too bad...

I don't need response lar... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA u mean it is so important to you???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

Relax lar, I just talking rubbish... Why u so scared?????:confused:

Hahahahaha

leesg123
14-09-13, 14:10
Their currency also depreciated accordingly. Zero sum game.

DC33_2008
14-09-13, 15:19
It depends you are referring to who. This exchange rate has attracted attention of those who want to go in or have not paid anything. This also applies to UK, Aust, etc.
Their currency also depreciated accordingly. Zero sum game.

phantom_opera
14-09-13, 16:45
I thought RMB has appreciated against SGD

1 SGD = 4.8214 CNY (was 5.x)

For HK/NTD quite stable

leesg123
15-09-13, 00:31
I thought RMB has appreciated against SGD

1 SGD = 4.8214 CNY (was 5.x)

For HK/NTD quite stableI am referring to the header stated country. Rupiah and Ringgit have been wacked jialat jialat.

wirehtc
15-09-13, 05:53
I am referring to the header stated country. Rupiah and Ringgit have been wacked jialat jialat.

They are getting cheaper for the moment. Malaysia inflation is increasing due to fuel subsidy cut. It should be more than the savings from currency depreciation eventually.

taggy
15-09-13, 06:22
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/news/story/spore-investors-yen-japan-20130915

By Kwan Weng Kin Japan Correspondent In Tokyo

The cheaper yen and relatively higher yields compared to other Asian cities have made Japanese commercial and residential properties popular targets for foreign investors in recent months.
The past year or so has seen Japanese real estate firms conducting investment seminars or sales campaigns in Singapore for potential buyers.
Since January, the yen has fallen from about 80 yen to the US dollar to about 100 yen (S$1.28) in recent weeks. In the eyes of investors, this translates into a roughly 20 per cent discount in the value of Japanese properties.
But the weaker yen is not the only reason why foreigners now want a piece of the action.
"Foreign investors are now optimistic that the Japanese economy will change for the better under the Abe administration," said Mr Yoshio Nakayama, director of Xymax, Japan's largest commercial property management company.
It held a seminar in Singapore in February aimed mainly at institutional investors.
"The recent interest in Japanese property is also due to the recognition that Tokyo is a core market, along with New York and London," said Mr Nakayama.
"Right now, we think Tokyo is a good bargain compared to the other two cities."
A typical property handled by Xymax is a 10-storey commercial building selling at between five billion and 10 billion yen with a yield of about 5 per cent.
"That is better than (in) Singapore or Hong Kong," he said.
With Tokyo scheduled to host the Olympics in 2020, the property market can be expected to heat up in the next few years as resources are likely to be diverted to the building of Olympic-related infrastructure, said Mr Nakayama.
Demand by foreigners for residential properties in Japan is also strong.
Wealthy Singaporeans are interested in buying new residential properties, mostly condominium units, in prime Tokyo districts such as Roppongi or Azabu.
Global real estate services firm Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) has tied up with major Japanese developers such as Mitsubishi Real Estate and Mitsui Fudosan to market such properties in Singapore.
The most popular are freehold apartments that cost about $1 million and are 700 to 800 sq ft in area.
According to JLL data, the price per sq ft of such prime properties ranges from 120,000 yen to 150,000 yen. Buyers would have to pay twice as much for similar properties in Singapore and 2.5 times as much in Hong Kong.
As for yields, an April survey by the Global Property Guide shows that rental yields in Tokyo range from 4.46 per cent for apartments around 1,300 sq ft to 6.35 per cent for those of about 400 sq ft.
In contrast, a Business Times report in July said rental yields of condominium units in Singapore had fallen below the "psychological" 4 per cent level.
Horus Advisors, a small real estate firm specialising in tenanted properties in smaller Japanese cities, held a seminar in Singapore pitched at individual investors in July.
"Singaporeans are attracted to properties in Sapporo as they seem to be taken with the image of snow even though they are not buying properties for themselves to live in," said Horus' sales director Kenta Takeuchi.
Sapporo is the largest city in northern Japan and is blanketed with snow in winter.
In small cities, a decent-sized block of apartments can be purchased for about 100 million yen and yields are higher than in Tokyo, said Mr Takeuchi.
The company has arranged for interested Singapore investors to visit Japan to view specific properties.
However, real estate firms stress that they hold seminars abroad to tap growing foreign demand and not because the domestic market is stagnant.
With Japan expected to raise its sales tax from 5 to 8 per cent from April 1 next year, would-be homeowners are rushing to make a purchase to beat the deadline.
Incidentally, individual foreign investors buying properties in Japan must be prepared to pay in cash as they do not qualify for housing loans.

taggy
15-09-13, 06:23
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/news/story/apartment-fever-hits-jakarta-20130915

By Zubaidah Nazeer, Indonesia Correspondent, In Jakarta

After buying her 12th apartment earlier this year in South Jakarta, Madam Sari, 53, is now earning at least US$25,000 (S$31,800) in monthly rental income and is considering retiring.
"I am selling off one property now because it will give me double what I paid 10 years ago. I've made sure I've paid up loans for two apartments while for the rest, I've been using income from one asset to pay off the debts of the other," said the housewife, who is a former teacher. Her husband is a businessman.
Her case is an extreme example of the apartment fever that has hit Jakarta as demand for housing outpaces supply.
That has led to skyrocketing prices and concerns over a property bubble, prompting the central bank to impose cooling measures recently.
Prices of new mid-range and high-end condominium units are 30 per cent higher than five years ago, property analysts say, even though they have shrunk in size.
Prices for houses, which are in even shorter supply, have risen by nearly 40 per cent in five years, according to real estate analysts.
The strong demand for property comes from an expanding middle-class after years of robust economic growth. Some housing agents predict that demand will remain strong for at least another decade before stabilising.
The property sector is expected to remain hot despite signs that the global economic slowdown has affected Indonesia.
In Jakarta, almost 70 per cent of about 37,800 condominium units to be completed by 2016 have been snapped up, said Mr Anton Sitorus, who heads Jones Lang LaSalle's research division.
"There is a buying frenzy, and demand from the middle-class, especially, is very high," he said.
Mr Arief Rahardjo, head of research at Cushman & Wakefield, told The Straits Times: "Indonesians still prefer landed property but we see a trend of more professionals and young couples opting for apartment living."
He thinks that many are choosing to live in apartments which are closer to or within the city to beat Jakarta's traffic jams. Landed homes are mostly found in the city's outskirts.
A central bank survey found that 35,200 buyers have mortgages on more than two pieces of property, with housing loans totalling US$3.18 billion, one of the highest levels since 2008.
Worried about a property bubble, the central bank moved recently to curb speculation.
Starting this month, anyone buying a second house that is larger than 70 sq m will have to pay a downpayment of 40 per cent of the house's value, and 50 per cent of the value if it is the third house or beyond. Currently, a buyer is required to put down a 30 per cent downpayment regardless of whether it is his first, second or subsequent house.
Bankers and property analysts said they do not see any danger of a bubble, yet.
Most buyers are still paying cash for their properties with only a small segment relying on bank loans.
Property loans now make up 13.6 per cent of total loans, compared to 17 per cent before the 1998 economic crisis, said Mr Anton.
The swift pace of sales also indicates that people can still afford property at these prices.
"The market trend suggests that people are buying new apartments and holding on to them, choosing to earn more money by renting out the unit, unlike in Singapore where they flip the property and sell the units within a few years after it is bought," said property agent Catherien Naoyan.
Rentals are lucrative, having risen from say, US$1,400 a month four years ago for a two-bedroom unit in a condominium near the city centre to US$2,000 now, she said.
Mr Arief said people can still make better returns by renting out condominium units than putting their money in the bank. "But if this changes, then it's a warning sign of a bubble trouble."

wirehtc
15-09-13, 08:08
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/news/story/spore-investors-yen-japan-20130915

By Kwan Weng Kin Japan Correspondent In Tokyo

The cheaper yen and relatively higher yields compared to other Asian cities have made Japanese commercial and residential properties popular targets for foreign investors in recent months.
The past year or so has seen Japanese real estate firms conducting investment seminars or sales campaigns in Singapore for potential buyers.
Since January, the yen has fallen from about 80 yen to the US dollar to about 100 yen (S$1.28) in recent weeks. In the eyes of investors, this translates into a roughly 20 per cent discount in the value of Japanese properties.
But the weaker yen is not the only reason why foreigners now want a piece of the action.
"Foreign investors are now optimistic that the Japanese economy will change for the better under the Abe administration," said Mr Yoshio Nakayama, director of Xymax, Japan's largest commercial property management company.
It held a seminar in Singapore in February aimed mainly at institutional investors.
"The recent interest in Japanese property is also due to the recognition that Tokyo is a core market, along with New York and London," said Mr Nakayama.
"Right now, we think Tokyo is a good bargain compared to the other two cities."
A typical property handled by Xymax is a 10-storey commercial building selling at between five billion and 10 billion yen with a yield of about 5 per cent.
"That is better than (in) Singapore or Hong Kong," he said.
With Tokyo scheduled to host the Olympics in 2020, the property market can be expected to heat up in the next few years as resources are likely to be diverted to the building of Olympic-related infrastructure, said Mr Nakayama.
Demand by foreigners for residential properties in Japan is also strong.
Wealthy Singaporeans are interested in buying new residential properties, mostly condominium units, in prime Tokyo districts such as Roppongi or Azabu.
Global real estate services firm Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) has tied up with major Japanese developers such as Mitsubishi Real Estate and Mitsui Fudosan to market such properties in Singapore.
The most popular are freehold apartments that cost about $1 million and are 700 to 800 sq ft in area.
According to JLL data, the price per sq ft of such prime properties ranges from 120,000 yen to 150,000 yen. Buyers would have to pay twice as much for similar properties in Singapore and 2.5 times as much in Hong Kong.
As for yields, an April survey by the Global Property Guide shows that rental yields in Tokyo range from 4.46 per cent for apartments around 1,300 sq ft to 6.35 per cent for those of about 400 sq ft.
In contrast, a Business Times report in July said rental yields of condominium units in Singapore had fallen below the "psychological" 4 per cent level.
Horus Advisors, a small real estate firm specialising in tenanted properties in smaller Japanese cities, held a seminar in Singapore pitched at individual investors in July.
"Singaporeans are attracted to properties in Sapporo as they seem to be taken with the image of snow even though they are not buying properties for themselves to live in," said Horus' sales director Kenta Takeuchi.
Sapporo is the largest city in northern Japan and is blanketed with snow in winter.
In small cities, a decent-sized block of apartments can be purchased for about 100 million yen and yields are higher than in Tokyo, said Mr Takeuchi.
The company has arranged for interested Singapore investors to visit Japan to view specific properties.
However, real estate firms stress that they hold seminars abroad to tap growing foreign demand and not because the domestic market is stagnant.
With Japan expected to raise its sales tax from 5 to 8 per cent from April 1 next year, would-be homeowners are rushing to make a purchase to beat the deadline.
Incidentally, individual foreign investors buying properties in Japan must be prepared to pay in cash as they do not qualify for housing loans.

Japan is aging and they don't have much innovations nowadays. With stagnant economy, falling yen and great distance, the risk is higher.

wirehtc
15-09-13, 08:11
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/news/story/apartment-fever-hits-jakarta-20130915

By Zubaidah Nazeer, Indonesia Correspondent, In Jakarta

After buying her 12th apartment earlier this year in South Jakarta, Madam Sari, 53, is now earning at least US$25,000 (S$31,800) in monthly rental income and is considering retiring.
"I am selling off one property now because it will give me double what I paid 10 years ago. I've made sure I've paid up loans for two apartments while for the rest, I've been using income from one asset to pay off the debts of the other," said the housewife, who is a former teacher. Her husband is a businessman.
Her case is an extreme example of the apartment fever that has hit Jakarta as demand for housing outpaces supply.
That has led to skyrocketing prices and concerns over a property bubble, prompting the central bank to impose cooling measures recently.
Prices of new mid-range and high-end condominium units are 30 per cent higher than five years ago, property analysts say, even though they have shrunk in size.
Prices for houses, which are in even shorter supply, have risen by nearly 40 per cent in five years, according to real estate analysts.
The strong demand for property comes from an expanding middle-class after years of robust economic growth. Some housing agents predict that demand will remain strong for at least another decade before stabilising.
The property sector is expected to remain hot despite signs that the global economic slowdown has affected Indonesia.
In Jakarta, almost 70 per cent of about 37,800 condominium units to be completed by 2016 have been snapped up, said Mr Anton Sitorus, who heads Jones Lang LaSalle's research division.
"There is a buying frenzy, and demand from the middle-class, especially, is very high," he said.
Mr Arief Rahardjo, head of research at Cushman & Wakefield, told The Straits Times: "Indonesians still prefer landed property but we see a trend of more professionals and young couples opting for apartment living."
He thinks that many are choosing to live in apartments which are closer to or within the city to beat Jakarta's traffic jams. Landed homes are mostly found in the city's outskirts.
A central bank survey found that 35,200 buyers have mortgages on more than two pieces of property, with housing loans totalling US$3.18 billion, one of the highest levels since 2008.
Worried about a property bubble, the central bank moved recently to curb speculation.
Starting this month, anyone buying a second house that is larger than 70 sq m will have to pay a downpayment of 40 per cent of the house's value, and 50 per cent of the value if it is the third house or beyond. Currently, a buyer is required to put down a 30 per cent downpayment regardless of whether it is his first, second or subsequent house.
Bankers and property analysts said they do not see any danger of a bubble, yet.
Most buyers are still paying cash for their properties with only a small segment relying on bank loans.
Property loans now make up 13.6 per cent of total loans, compared to 17 per cent before the 1998 economic crisis, said Mr Anton.
The swift pace of sales also indicates that people can still afford property at these prices.
"The market trend suggests that people are buying new apartments and holding on to them, choosing to earn more money by renting out the unit, unlike in Singapore where they flip the property and sell the units within a few years after it is bought," said property agent Catherien Naoyan.
Rentals are lucrative, having risen from say, US$1,400 a month four years ago for a two-bedroom unit in a condominium near the city centre to US$2,000 now, she said.
Mr Arief said people can still make better returns by renting out condominium units than putting their money in the bank. "But if this changes, then it's a warning sign of a bubble trouble."

Yields are very low in Singapore because the prices are too high. The developers cream off most of the profit.

DC33_2008
15-09-13, 10:25
The elderly in japan is the reach one but not young japanese. Singapore is also heading that way.
Japan is aging and they don't have much innovations nowadays. With stagnant economy, falling yen and great distance, the risk is higher.

teddybear
15-09-13, 14:04
That is why Singapore needs FTs, young, economical active, don't have to provide subsidised education/medical and can immediately contribute to the GDP of Singapore! Singapore will head Japan's way if the population (read foreigners intake) is not allowed to increase!

The elderly in japan is the reach one but not young japanese. Singapore is also heading that way.

phantom_opera
15-09-13, 14:44
Home prices in Sydney could rise by as much as 10 per cent over the next 12 months, driven in part by unprecedented levels of Chinese demand, according to McGrath Estate Agents.

As much as 80 per cent of homes in parts of Sydney are being sold to Chinese buyers, John McGrath, chief executive officer of the company that recorded $7 billion of property sales in the year to June 30, said in an interview in Sydney. Record-low interest rates and the biggest influx of investors in almost a decade are also fuelling prices.

phantom_opera
15-09-13, 14:48
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - New Zealand house prices hit a record high in August, as strong growth in the nation's two main cities offset a flat showing elsewhere, government property valuer Quotable Value (QV) said on Monday.

QV's residential property index rose 8.5 percent in the year to August 30, compared with a 8.1 percent annual rate in July.

The index is now 8.3 percent above the market's previous peak in late 2007.

taggy
15-09-13, 16:02
conclusion is, whole world property price are rising :D
but how long will this trend continue :confused:

phantom_opera
15-09-13, 16:16

when would central banks stop money printing, US slows printing another country like Japan took over

teddybear
15-09-13, 17:38
Another factor is China and India strong economic growth fueling their rich citizens to look overseas to diversify and protect their assets from own country's exposure. :ashamed1:

when would central banks stop money printing, US slows printing another country like Japan took over

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggy http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=430507#post430507)

vboy
16-09-13, 11:57
Lippo Seeks U.S. Property Assets on Signs of Economic Recovery
By Liza Lin & Joyce Koh - Sep 16, 2013 7:00 AM GMT+0800

Lippo Group, an Asian investor of property and banks founded by Indonesian tycoon Mochtar Riady, is seeking real estate acquisitions in the U.S., encouraged by signs of recovery in the world’s biggest economy.
“We can consider anything as long as it’s in property,” Riady, 84, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television at the World Economic Forum in Dalian, China. “We see the U.S. economy improving, so that’s where our focus will be.”
Enlarge image
Mochtar Riady, chairman of Lippo Group, attends a session at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions in Dalian, China on Sept. 12, 2013. Photographer: Tomohiro Ohsumi/Bloomberg
Enlarge image
Mochtar Riady, chairman of Lippo Group, said that the rupiah’s decline this year will not affect the company's acquisition plans because the overseas deals will be handled by its Singapore company. OUE Ltd., previously known as Overseas Union Enterprise, is helmed by his son, Stephen. Photographer: Tomohiro Ohsumi/Bloomberg
Lippo joins the likes of Wang Jianlin, China’s richest man, in hunting for U.S. property assets. Announced property deals in the U.S. have totaled $49 billion this year, compared with $27 billion in the same period last year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
The U.S. Federal Reserve is meeting this week and is expected to taper its monthly bond purchases to $75 billion from the current $85 billion pace, according to the median estimate of 34 economists surveyed on Sept. 6 by Bloomberg News. The Institute for Supply Management’s factory index earlier this month showed U.S. manufacturing expanded in August at the fastest pace since June 2011.
Riady said that the rupiah’s decline this year will not affect its acquisition plans because the overseas deals will be handled by its Singapore company. OUE Ltd. (OUE), previously known as Overseas Union Enterprise, is helmed by his son, Stephen.
Rupiah Slump
The expansion in the U.S. comes as the Indonesian rupiah fell about 16 percent this year, the most among Asia’s currencies.
The central bank last week unexpectedly raised interest rates for a second time in two weeks as pressure to shore up the rupiah outweighed the threat to economic expansion. Bank Indonesia also lowered its forecast to a range of 5.5 percent to 5.9 percent, from 5.8 percent to 6.2 percent.
The country’s economy is under pressure as foreign investors withdraw “hot money” and exports slow, Riady said. “This year’s economy may still dip lower slightly, but next year it will recover.”
OUE said in August last year it’s seeking deals to almost double its assets to S$10 billion ($7.9 billion) in as early as three years. The Singapore company bought the U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles earlier this year for $367.5 million. Riady said the purchase of California’s tallest building is the start of the company’s plan to expand in the U.S.
Guilding Factor
Future investments will be about the same size, and he is looking in California, New York and Miami for possible deals, declining to elaborate on specific targets.
“The real estate industry will be our guiding factor for investment,” he said.
Besides OUE, the Riady family’s businesses include Lippo Ltd. (226), a Hong Kong-listed property and investment firms, and Indonesian companies such as PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk and PT Siloam International Hospitals.
Wang, who owns China’s biggest commercial land developer Dalian Wanda Group, said last week he has hired two investment banks to buy hotel management companies, mostly in the U.S. His company, which develops property and shopping malls and runs department stores, luxury hotels and movie theaters, is accelerating acquisitions overseas as the real estate market in China is overheating.
To contact the reporters on this story: Joyce Koh in Singapore at [email protected]; Liza Lin in Shanghai at [email protected]