PDA

View Full Version : Overseas Family School

samsungtay
11-09-13, 14:10
OFS will be moving from Orchard Paterson Road to Pasir Ris by mid 2015.....The new campus can take up to 4800 expatriate students. Good news for private property owner in the East!

radha08
11-09-13, 15:06
OFS will be moving from Orchard Paterson Road to Pasir Ris by mid 2015.....The new campus can take up to 4800 expatriate students. Good news for private property owner in the East!

Bad news for the birds and the bees:cool:

reporter2
11-09-13, 15:40
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/companies/others/ofs-move-site-pasir-ris-20130911

Published September 11, 2013

OFS to move to site in Pasir Ris

Woh Hup appointed to build new $261m campus; it will be ready by April 2015

By Lee U-Wen [email protected]

THE Overseas Family School (OFS), one of the largest international schools in Singapore, is moving to a new $261 million campus in Pasir Ris.

Having secured a 30-year lease for the five-hectare site in June this year, Overseas Education Ltd - the mainboard-listed firm that runs OFS - said yesterday that it had appointed Woh Hup Limited to build the campus, starting this month.

The campus is located at the junction of Pasir Ris Drive 3 and Elias Road. It will boast two 12-storey teaching blocks, a seven-storey administration block, a performing arts centre and auditorium, sports field and swimming pool, among other facilities.

The plan is to complete the project by April 2015, well in time for its school year that begins four months later in August, said Overseas Education's executive chairman and chief executive officer, David Alan Perry.

Even with a tight construction timeline, he remained confident that Woh Hup - one of the contractors invited to participate in the tender process - would meet the deadline.

"They are one of the biggest Singaporean construction companies, and they have a reputation for delivering on time. They have assured us that they can do it," said Mr Perry.

Overseas Education had earlier said that it would use the net proceeds from its initial public offering (IPO), launched earlier in the year, to help fund the cost of the campus. The 125 million new shares in the IPO was about 3.2 times subscribed.

OFS, which first opened here in 1991, has to move out of its existing premises on Paterson Road by June 30, 2015 because of the construction of the new Thomson MRT line.

The current campus is almost at full capacity with its 500 staff and 3,700 students. The new and larger home will be able to accommodate up to 4,800 students and about another hundred staff.

Despite OFS moving from its prime location just off Grange Road to a site all the way in the east near the airport, Mr Perry is confident that almost all parents will continue to keep their children enrolled in the school.

"The location was a concern among small numbers of parents, especially those with very young children. Having said that, the site in Pasir Ris is wonderful and we are all thrilled with it. The air is fresh and there's little congestion on the roads. We're near the beach and there is a beautiful sea view from the upper floors," said Mr Perry.

OFS offers the K-12 International Baccalaureate curriculum to children aged between three and 18 years old, and has four sections - kindergarten, elementary school, middle school and high school. Half of its students come from Asia.

Shares of Overseas Education ended trading at 78.5 cents yesterday, down half a cent.

teddybear
11-09-13, 17:15
Most kids currently in OFS probably shift to ISS and Chatsworth instead?
OFS will become preferred school for Asians from a particular country who like to live in Changi, Tanah Merah, and now Pasir Ris... :o

Ringo33
11-09-13, 19:02
OFS will become preferred school for Asians from a particular country who like to live in Changi, Tanah Merah, and now Pasir Ris... :o

You obviously have no clue about the meaning of decentralizing

samsungtay
11-09-13, 20:48

My guess it should be able to thrive well like Singapore american school in woodland.

radha08
11-09-13, 23:45
4000 plus students is really a BIG number and should really provide a boost for properties around there but slowly and surely pasir ris is loosing its peace n quiet ah well thats life

mermaid
12-09-13, 10:59
4000 plus students is really a BIG number and should really provide a boost for properties around there but slowly and surely pasir ris is loosing its peace n quiet ah well thats life

but at least it is a gd news for those who hv bot Pasir ris for invsmt, cos it is rather far to depends on tenants of changi biz park.

Lovelle
12-09-13, 11:10
These foreigners will stay at Orchard and drive to PR.

Don't think all will move over

mermaid
12-09-13, 11:11
These foreigners will stay at Orchard and drive to PR.

Don't think all will move over

students from 3yrs old - 18 yrs old oso will drive? :scared-4: :doh:

not all will hv their parents in sg to ferry them around.

Lovelle
12-09-13, 11:20
students from 3yrs old - 18 yrs old oso will drive? :scared-4: :doh:

not all will hv their parents in sg to ferry them around.

i know a couple of these who drive their kids from orchard. If moved then the American school at woodlands has definitely benefited the properti price there. does it ?

iwantgizmos
12-09-13, 11:36

LIKE!.....

mermaid
12-09-13, 11:38
i know a couple of these who drive their kids from orchard. If moved then the American school at woodlands has definitely benefited the properti price there. does it ?

y the sudden mention of American school at woodlands?

any idea on the profile of such overseas students? do most of them hv parents working in sg? how abt the profile of the teaching staffs? r they sporeans or expat as well?

all along pasir ris is not a place which one will choose to invest but wif OFS seems like one can consider to invest in PR? the quantum is smaller as compared to many OCR proj.

3C
12-09-13, 12:33
When UWC was announced to locate at Tampines, there are lots of shouts of "huat" for nearby PC, blah, blah, blah. UWC already occupied there one year or so but never see much difference to nearby PC, price still so so and never see increase in "ang mo" staying nearby housing. Guess "ang mo" still like their own ulu private enclave and not stay near to HDB area. Just my feel. I may be wrong with not figures to prove.

wirehtc
12-09-13, 15:45
When UWC was announced to locate at Tampines, there are lots of shouts of "huat" for nearby PC, blah, blah, blah. UWC already occupied there one year or so but never see much difference to nearby PC, price still so so and never see increase in "ang mo" staying nearby housing. Guess "ang mo" still like their own ulu private enclave and not stay near to HDB area. Just my feel. I may be wrong with not figures to prove.

Location for new OFS is a bit off, but it will still help the rental market there.

blackjack21trader
13-09-13, 20:45
This is a definite benefit. Who wants to drive to and fro from OCR to CCR everyday? If take the school bus, may take one whole day stop and move before reaching the destinations school/homme.

I predict the angmos will move to Pasir Ris bigger units like the landed or the old big condo there. They may also rent the ECs there which are much much bigger than the recently built project. That is why now I think that young man that paid S$2million for the penthouse in Pasir Ris is a smart guy.

WOAHAHHEHEHEHEHHEH

proud owner
13-09-13, 20:52
This is a definite benefit. Who wants to drive to and fro from OCR to CCR everyday? If take the school bus, may take one whole day stop and move before reaching the destinations school/homme.

I predict the angmos will move to Pasir Ris bigger units like the landed or the old big condo there. They may also rent the ECs there which are much much bigger than the recently built project. That is why now I think that young man that paid S$2million for the penthouse in Pasir Ris is a smart guy.

WOAHAHHEHEHEHEHHEH

the parents of these students mostly work in CBD area ..

so its either the students moving from CCR to OCR and back or the parents from OCR TO CCR ...

right ?

either way someone in the family will have to be travelling a much longer journey now

blackjack21trader
13-09-13, 20:56
the parents of these students mostly work in CBD area ..

so its either the students moving from CCR to OCR and back or the parents from OCR TO CCR ...

right ?

either way someone in the family will have to be travelling a much longer journey now

I got a gut feeling they will move for their children's sake.

Santro
13-09-13, 21:14
They may move but not necessarily to Pasir Ris. I feel it will be distributed across eastern region with East Coast/Paya Lebar area being in demand as equidistant to both Pasir Ris and City centre :).

teddybear
14-09-13, 00:07
Yes, they will move, move their kids to another international schools like ISS or Chatsworth nearby current OFS in Orchard................... :beats-me-man:

Ringo33
14-09-13, 00:21

convenience for the wife and schooling children are paramount for every family regardless if you are black, while yellow or brown. Some families went as far as moving to JB because of schools.

proud owner
14-09-13, 00:38
convenience for the wife and schooling children are paramount for every family regardless if you are black, while yellow or brown. Some families went as far as moving to JB because of schools.

my nephew lives in Cable road and works in CBD

his children study at OFS .... if it moves to pasir ris ... hhhmmm I doubt he wud move to pasir ris

more likely he will move the kids to other schools

teddybear
14-09-13, 00:54
Try driving from Pasir Ris to CBD in morning and vice versa in evening? :banghead:
Anyway, there is demand for international school in Pasir Ris, this time by Asians and not ang mo...........................

my nephew lives in Cable road and works in CBD

his children study at OFS .... if it moves to pasir ris ... hhhmmm I doubt he wud move to pasir ris

more likely he will move the kids to other schools

leesg123
14-09-13, 02:09
When UWC was announced to locate at Tampines, there are lots of shouts of "huat" for nearby PC, blah, blah, blah. UWC already occupied there one year or so but never see much difference to nearby PC, price still so so and never see increase in "ang mo" staying nearby housing. Guess "ang mo" still like their own ulu private enclave and not stay near to HDB area. Just my feel. I may be wrong with not figures to prove.Initially people thought HUAT due to UWC staff lodging needs, well, UWC built their own apartment for staff and students and the rest is history. :doh:
http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/east-campus/boarding
http://static.sglinks.com/assets/pages/10/8f/108f1da2a3428640ef56f93c3d54481e_330.jpg