PDA

View Full Version : Local celebrity Mark Lee splashes out $2.2m on Thomson apartment

princess_morbucks
10-09-13, 22:30
http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/local-celebrity-mark-lee-splashes-out-22m-thomson-apartment

Stomp
Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013
SINGAPORE - Local comedian Mark Lee has splashed the cash, forking out $2.2 million for a five-room apartment that he believes is great value for money.

Speaking to Lianhe Wanbao on the set of his new production helmed by Taiwanese comedian-compere Kang Kang, he let on why he felt he got bang for his buck.

The apartment, he explained, measures 2,680 square feet (248 square metres), has five rooms and was freehold, which translates to a valuable acquisition considering the current market conditions.

These all translated to space, comfort and convenience since it could house his family of five, his mother and sister together at one location.

However, he's not giving up his current home in Ang Mo Kio despite the purchase of this property because it was the 'birthplace' of his three kids and that he will most probably rent it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How come he can get it so cheap?
$820 psf nia.

proud owner
10-09-13, 22:56
http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/local-celebrity-mark-lee-splashes-out-22m-thomson-apartment

Stomp
Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013
SINGAPORE - Local comedian Mark Lee has splashed the cash, forking out $2.2 million for a five-room apartment that he believes is great value for money.

Speaking to Lianhe Wanbao on the set of his new production helmed by Taiwanese comedian-compere Kang Kang, he let on why he felt he got bang for his buck.

The apartment, he explained, measures 2,680 square feet (248 square metres), has five rooms and was freehold, which translates to a valuable acquisition considering the current market conditions.

These all translated to space, comfort and convenience since it could house his family of five, his mother and sister together at one location.

However, he's not giving up his current home in Ang Mo Kio despite the purchase of this property because it was the 'birthplace' of his three kids and that he will most probably rent it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How come he can get it so cheap?
$820 psf nia.

from online news .. I see it looks like a ground flr unit ... and the open terrace looks big leh ...

I kinda wonder ... $2.2 mio and the writer used the term " Splashes" ?

lifeline
10-09-13, 23:05
went to view p@m ~1 year back after top. agent pointed out his unit to us... low floor with super big turfed pes. of course he bought it years ago at launch.

proud owner
10-09-13, 23:08
went to view p@m ~1 year back after top. agent pointed out his unit to us... low floor with super big turfed pes. of course he bought it years ago at launch.

bro which condo is that ? P@M ?

star
10-09-13, 23:26
My guess is Meadows@Peirce.

princess_morbucks
10-09-13, 23:27
bro which condo is that ? P@M ?

@proud owner- Meadows@ Pierce.

@lifeline - so he bought at launch? otherwise how can be so cheap now.
but why must report now and not last time?

august
10-09-13, 23:51
The purchase is quite some time ago. How come the media churn this news again?
This looks like an classic example of media trying to generate interest in a sagging market.

proud owner
11-09-13, 00:22
The purchase is quite some time ago. How come the media churn this news again?
This looks like an classic example of media trying to generate interest in a sagging market.

I read it in Asiaone.com ... my only source of news for spore

yes it is cfm now to be a very late report ..

but it is Fresh ..

much better than the repeated news of that Act cute J Chua and her Hermes collections

I simply skip them ..

cant stand it anymore .. not that I am jealous but seriously for someone to get close like 400k a mth from her ex husband and do nothing worthwhile other than buying Hermes ... shes a disgrace to Singaporean women...

and I hope Singapore press company STOP wasting space printing her articles ...

I will read if she donate some money to old folks home , orphanage or something of a good cause ...

kane
11-09-13, 00:27
i can never understand why people bother to even read these stuff on their blogs, insta-whatever or twitter.

star
11-09-13, 00:36
Women's charter is so damn powerful.

star
11-09-13, 00:50
For $400k a month if two month buy one mm condo she will be the biggest mm condo landlord.

proud owner
11-09-13, 00:53
For $400k a month if two month buy one mm condo she will be the biggest mm condo landlord.

well ,,,, IF and only IF

instead she invested in Hermes and her plastic surgery ..to look anime .....

kane
11-09-13, 00:56
well ,,,, IF and only IF

instead she invested in Hermes and her plastic surgery ..to look anime .....

she can go for cosplay event.

dtrax
11-09-13, 02:45
stir ah stir.. nothing surprising.

If anyone can go dig a dig, mark lee that unit is: firstly is GROUND flr, super LARGEEEE balcony [1/5 entire flr plan], bot in Aug 2009 BEST timing. 2.7k sqft for 2.2mil for the above is wad is call: NO HORSE RUN :) 09 close 1 eye buy anywhere 90% huat

Regulators
11-09-13, 06:42
$2.2 million for non-landed in that kind of location is good buy?

This is a much better bang for his buck imo:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14478625/for-sale-poh-huat-rd

radha08
11-09-13, 07:59
everyday can eat prata and c monkeys:D:D:D not bad for 2 mil

radha08
11-09-13, 08:01
somebody paying about 200k stamp duty not worth it to see monkey and eat prata:D:D:D

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 08:07
$2.2 million for non-landed in that kind of location is good buy?

This is a much better bang for his buck imo:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14478625/for-sale-poh-huat-rd

actually in 2009, there should be landed around Pierce selling at around S$2million lor.

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 08:09
somebody paying about 200k stamp duty not worth it to see monkey and eat prata:D:D:D

He bought it in 2009 got $200K stamp duty meh ? Unless you say present buyers but got first time buyers what.

radha08
11-09-13, 08:52
He bought it in 2009 got $200K stamp duty meh ? Unless you say present buyers but got first time buyers what.

i thought he just bought WOW i LOVE his patio:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 11:37

Very big hor...:)

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 11:48

But I checked out a typical 4 bedders ground floor plan there, 2 levels each unit. Good design I should say :)

dtrax
11-09-13, 14:47
Jin luxurious landed fweel?

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/meadows-at-peirce/floorplan-Type-G1.jpg

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 15:08
Nice, but I prefer the 2 levels one :)

maseratiq
11-09-13, 17:37
Nice, but I prefer the 2 levels one :)

The 2 levels type have bigger bedrooms but ML's type has a very BIG living/ dining. Good for holding party...

I bought a standard 4 bedroom and am very happy that I didn't pay more for patios or rooftops. Don't know how to use those open space la.

As for the price, funny how everyone told me it was overpriced THEN for a freehold in Upper Thomson. Even now at <1200psf, I think still not too bad compared to T3 or 3Eleven leh.

Rysk
16-09-13, 12:16
@proud owner- Meadows@ Pierce.

@lifeline - so he bought at launch? otherwise how can be so cheap now.
but why must report now and not last time?

The title is not clear..
Is Upper Thomson.. not Thomson.
If is Upper Thomson.. then is reasonably cheap.. but not very cheap.. cos is not Thomson