PDA

View Full Version : Sell-out for Sydney's Barangaroo

dtrax
03-09-13, 00:59
Sell-out for Sydney's Barangaroo
Sep 2, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

Many Southeast Asian property buyers and investors were left disappointed when units at one prime Sydney development were sold out in just four hours of opening for simultaneous sales in Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong last Saturday.

Every apartment in the first phase of the much-anticipated Barangaroo development – marketed in Singapore by real estate agency CBRE – was sold shortly within hours of Saturday morning’s launch. Even the AUD10.5 million (close to S$12 million) penthouse was snapped up.

Hopeful buyers and investors in Singapore began queuing outside the St Regis exhibition venue long before the 11am opening on Saturday morning. It is believed those who were unsuccessful and who also registered their interest will be given priority for the next phase when it is launched 18 months from now.

PropertyGuru understands 159 units were available as part of the first phase although the majority were held back for Australian buyers. It is understood around 20 Singaporeans were able to purchase units at Barangaroo on Saturday – prices from in excess of AUD1 million (S$1.14 million) per unit.

Stephen Ho (pictured) Director of International Project Marketing Asia for CBRE, speaking exclusively to PropertyGuru, said: “I had a feeling we’d see good sales for this particular project but to experience a sell-out is absolutely flabbergasting.”

The experienced Singapore agent added: “I’ve never seen anything like this. We’ve still got people coming to us but they have to join a very long wait list.”

Barangaroo’s popularity is down to its waterside location just seconds from the heart of Sydney’s central business district.

“There’s never been any land in this part of Sydney become available in the last 50 or 60 years,” added Ho.

kane
03-09-13, 08:49
speaking of pent up demand, and for these properties, am i right to say they have to sell back to an australian when they cash out?

starrynight
03-09-13, 10:06
Yes, most foreigners can only buy off-plan, and must sell to locals when they sell.

speaking of pent up demand, and for these properties, am i right to say they have to sell back to an australian when they cash out?

radha08
03-09-13, 14:03
welcome to singapore plenty $$$$ and dont know how to spend:cheers1:

dtrax
03-09-13, 15:57
Sooo scary... got 1mil to hoot 1rm cbd Sydney die die refuse to pay absd to PAP in lion city

radha08
03-09-13, 18:13
Sooo scary... got 1mil to hoot 1rm cbd Sydney die die refuse to pay absd to PAP in lion city

for me if i got the $$$ i also do the same...:D:D:D
but no $$ so just stay forum and tcss:D:D:D:

Werther
03-09-13, 18:32
Wow, so many rich still buying Australian properties now.

My friend has a small apt in Melbourne, flinders street. Last year can sell for A$250k but now, only $200k cos not easy to sell to locals, they no money to buy and also bank also tough to give out loan... Foreigner cannot buy, must only buy new one from developer. Now he kek-sim, from make money become lose $$.. Moreover, loss in currency...rent out also troublesome cos got tompay taxes and agent fees...

Must be very careful when buying overseas.

sherlock
03-09-13, 19:28

My friend has a small apt in Melbourne, flinders street. Last year can sell for A$250k but now, only $200k cos not easy to sell to locals, they no money to buy and also bank also tough to give out loan... Foreigner cannot buy, must only buy new one from developer. Now he kek-sim, from make money become lose $$.. Moreover, loss in currency...rent out also troublesome cos got tompay taxes and agent fees...

So your friend can now only `suck thumb' and wait... :scared-4:

Regulators
03-09-13, 20:38
There is a lending criteria, internal size must be more than 40sm for banks to lend 80%, anything smaller banks lend only 60%. Locals don't like buying mickey mouse units in Melbourne or buy pty in the cbd, they like to live in suburbs like south Yarra n Hawthorne. ur friend got burnt this time.

newbie11
03-09-13, 21:13
It's bought by hk and Aussie as well. It's 99LH. Should be 50sqm. N take note of min loan. As u pay down, maybe no chance to refin as it can't meet min loan amt

dtrax
15-12-13, 23:46
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/first-look-at-barangaroos-transformation/xtcve41?cpkey=557e026e-f359-4bba-bbeb-6b02d00317cb%257c%257c%257c%257c

newbie11
16-12-13, 00:04
Mbfc plus gardens