PDA

View Full Version : YESSSSS!!!!! Bidadari New Town finally announced! 12,000 more HDB units

sunboy77
29-08-13, 22:33
Hope it brings more benefits to the residents along the NE line.
News says got park, man-made lake, and mall!
The traffic along Upp. Serangoon Rd will be a major concern though.

But that also means more roads! And more shops, coffee shops, eateries, supermarkets, clinics, recreation, etc.! :cool-punk-headbange

More news at http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/bidadari-works-begin-by-year-end/a/68079

DC33_2008
29-08-13, 22:41
This is going to become another magnet of people, biz and $.

But that also means more roads! And more shops, coffee shops, eateries, supermarkets, clinics, recreation, etc.! :cool-punk-headbange

More news at http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/bidadari-works-begin-by-year-end/a/68079

29-08-13, 23:01
Surprised that 90% would be hdb flats, but guess that is the politically correct thing to do at this juncture

wangwe
29-08-13, 23:09
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-alkaff-lake-bidadari-estate

Check out the video...

New Alkaff lake for Bidadari estate

BY
XUE JIANYUE
-1 HOUR 54 MIN AGO

SINGAPORE — The 93-hectare Bidadari estate, with 11,000 housing units, will feature a lake inspired by the former Alkaff Lake Gardens.

The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has envisioned the estate as a “tranquil urban oasis” for residents.

Gallery: New Alkaff lake for Bidadari estate
Gallery: New Alkaff lake for Bidadari estate
There will be six neighbourhoods — Alkaff, Bartley Heights, Sennett, Park’s Edge and Woodleigh — with the first housing parcel in Alkaff Neighbourhood to be launched by 2015.

The new Alkaff lake will be located in a new Bidadari Park, of around 10 hectares. The park will integrate an existing Memorial Garden commemorating the heritage of Bidadari Cemetery.

When the estate is ready, residents can access the nearby Bartley and Woodleigh MRT stations through pedestrian and cycling pathways.

A 20-metre wide greenway, lined with rest spots, commercial and communal facilities, will also cut across the estate from Bartley Road to Upper Serangoon Road. A town centre called Market Square will feature public housing integrated with community facilities and a bus interchange.

To bring back the rich and fond memories of Bidadari, the estate will feature a Heritage Walk showcasing stories of Bidadari’s history and contributions of prominent personalities, including Syed Shaik Abdulrahman Alkaff, a famous merchant and landowner whom the Alkaff Lake Gardens was named after.

Built in 1929, the garden was an attraction in pre-war colonial Singapore. In its heyday, families rowed boats in the lake and dating couples frequented the surrounding man-made hills. While the garden survived the Japanese Occupation, it was bought by a realty company in 1949 and subsequently redeveloped into a school and a private residential estate.

Bidadari is one of three new housing areas being showcased at HDB’s “Future Homes, Better Lives” Exhibition this evening (Aug 29) at the HDB Hub Atrium.

The exhibition showcases the broad development plans for three new housing areas — Bidadari, Tampines North, and Punggol Matilda. It will be held from today to Sept 15.

henryhk
30-08-13, 06:50

More news at http://www..sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/bidadari-works-begin-by-year-end/a/68079
Where is the location of the mall at the batadari? If pte condos are only 1O%, I congratulate senette residence,Nin and San ritz....u are the precious ones.....as alot of people hope for many condos in batadari....now hopes dashed!

Allthepies
30-08-13, 07:35
Where is the location of the mall at the batadari? If pte condos are only 1O%, I congratulate senette residence,Nin and San ritz....u are the precious ones.....as alot of people hope for many condos in batadari....now hopes dashed!

Huat ah... quickly spend your money there to buy buy buy:D :D :D

DC33_2008
30-08-13, 08:51
There is quite a lot of landed propertied there and FH too.
Surprised that 90% would be hdb flats, but guess that is the politically correct thing to do at this juncture

30-08-13, 09:17

No mall, only a town centre with integrated facilities. Eventually if indeed the place is large enough for a mall it could be the salvation army site but that will be 20 years down the road.

wirehtc
30-08-13, 09:28
No mall, only a town centre with integrated facilities. Eventually if indeed the place is large enough for a mall it could be the salvation army site but that will be 20 years down the road.

I expect a small mall, based on description from HDB website below:

6 Some of the plans for Bidadari Estate include:

a) A 10 ha Bidadari Park with a lake that will form the new green lung for the estate;
b) Six distinctive neighbourhoods, each with unique identities through the use of varied building forms that respond to the different characteristics of Bidadari;
c) Public spaces for community gathering and events within a garden-like setting;
d) A mixed-use Market Square commercial cluster, together with commercial and social communal facilities pavilions to serve the needs of residents;
e) A pedestrianised Upper Aljunied Road transformed into a Heritage Walk with mature trees and which captures fond memories of Bidadari’s heritage;
f) A seamless pedestrian and cycling network to make travelling within Bidadari more pleasant and convenient.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/59C49C5CADB16CA048257BD6002D8A64?OpenDocument

mermaid
30-08-13, 09:31

isn't there a market sq? where's the exact loc?

wirehtc
30-08-13, 09:33
isn't there a market sq? where's the exact loc?

Beside the Woodleigh MRT.

mermaid
30-08-13, 09:47

but I only see clusters of flats around the Woodleigh mrt leh ... no low rise for a market/sq/mall ...
I tot the mkt sq shd be on its own?
or u mean on the side where the int'l school is?

how abt the 10% pte? able to tell at which side? :o

30-08-13, 09:53

It should be something like the one at buangkok (open air kind), but with social and interchange integrated.

leesg123
30-08-13, 10:15
This place was previously a huge cemetery right?

wirehtc
30-08-13, 10:25
It should be something like the one at buangkok (open air kind), but with social and interchange integrated.

I have not seen that one but I will go over to take a look. The mall should be fairly small, since Bidadari is sandwiched between two major commercial centers: Serangoon Central and Potong Pasir. However it should be self-contained as there will be a lot of residents.

ascend88
30-08-13, 10:41
I have not seen that one but I will go over to take a look. The mall should be fairly small, since Bidadari is sandwiched between two major commercial centers: Serangoon Central and Potong Pasir. However it should be self-contained as there will be a lot of residents.

the Market sq...should be integrated with the Woodleigh MRT stn....

cos in the 2008 masterplan, that area is already zoned for mixed development.

Rosy
30-08-13, 11:10
Excited to be near to a big cluster of hdb flats? Endless noise and dust pollution?

A big cheers to those waiting to get bto in city fringe locations. But not so for existing residents staying nearby.

sunboy77
30-08-13, 16:46
Excited to be near to a big cluster of hdb flats? Endless noise and dust pollution?

A big cheers to those waiting to get bto in city fringe locations. But not so for existing residents staying nearby.

Some private properties residents (I myself included) like hdb clusters nearby because there are bound to be more (and cheaper) amenities such as food centres, coffee shops, market, groceries stalls, mall, bus interchange, CCs, recreation facilities such as jogging tracks, etc.

ascend88
30-08-13, 17:25
Some private properties residents (I myself included) like hdb clusters nearby because there are bound to be more (and cheaper) amenities such as food centres, coffee shops, market, groceries stalls, mall, bus interchange, CCs, recreation facilities such as jogging tracks, etc.

yeah :)

i looking forwrd to the lake and the bicycle path...no need to go east coast

mummy
30-08-13, 17:42

Agree, don't look forward to the pollution and construction mess. Also the upper aljunied road would be facing even further jams then it already is. Would make going to nex difficult for the private property owners who stay around Sennett estate.

sunboy77
31-08-13, 00:09
Agree, don't look forward to the pollution and construction mess. Also the upper aljunied road would be facing even further jams then it already is. Would make going to nex difficult for the private property owners who stay around Sennett estate.
Yes the traffic is a major concern.

proud owner
31-08-13, 00:16
Yes the traffic is a major concern.

where exactly is this Bidadari ?

yesnomaybe
31-08-13, 07:54
Next to Woodleigh mrt station

Nearby there are Maisons and Quinn

Komo
31-08-13, 08:54
Price will be super high, quality super lousy, space layout super impractical, traffic super jam, pollution super bad, but sure make more super billionaires:D :D

Wynyard
31-08-13, 22:17
I went to the showroom in hdb hub today.

Most of the facilities will be built near or along upper serangoon road, nothing fantastic at bartley mrt area, only blocks of hdb flats.

Greenwood
31-08-13, 22:45
i will be appealing to hdb not to site the proposed funeral parlour next to the park. more to write in will be merrier. will propose to restrict it to the aljunied road side nearer to cedar schools and next to future healthcare centre.