PDA

View Full Version : New Cooling Measure?! - HDB loan and MSR

economist
27-08-13, 17:56
New Cooling Measure?! - HDB loan and MSR

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/hdb-shortens-homebuyers-loan-tenure-25-years

BY
SUMITA SREEDHARAN
-55 SEC AGO
SINGAPORE — With immediate effect, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) has shorten its loan tenure for homebuyers to 25 years and the mortgage servicing ratio (MSR) limit has also been cut to 30 per cent of the borrower’s gross monthly salary.

Previously, HDB loan tenures were at 30 years and the MSR limit was at 35 per cent of the borrower’s gross monthly salary.

From tomorrow (Aug 28), financial institutions will in tandem reduce the maximum tenure of new housing loans and re-financing facilities from 35 years to 30 years.

With immediate effect as well, Permanent Residents (PR) who want to buy resale flats will have to wait three years after receiving their PR status. Prior to this change, they could buy a flat as soon as they received PR status.

Announcing these changes today, the HDB also provided more details of the extension of the Special Housing Grant (SHG) and the new step-up housing grant, which Prime Minster Lee Hsien Loong first announced during the National Day Rally.

The income ceiling for SHG will be raised significantly, from S$2,250 a month to S$6,500 a month for families and S$3,250 for singles. Mr Lee previously announced that the SHG would be extended to middle-income households and could be used for buying new four-room flats.

Under the new step up grant, families who want to upgrade from a two-room to a three-room flat can get a housing grant of S$15,000.

The changes to the housing grants will apply from the last month’s Built-to-order (BTO) exercise.

From next month, parents who want to live near their children will also be offered more alternatives.

Parents will be allowed to apply for three-room flats, under the multi-generation priority scheme (MGPS). Currently, the scheme allows parents to jointly apply, with their married child, for either a studio apartment or two-room flat, together with another flat in the same project. This will come into effect in next month’s BTO exercise.

To further cater to multi-generation families who wish to live under the same roof, the HDB will pilot a new type of flat.

The new Three-Generation flats, 80 of which will be available for sale in Yishun in the BTO exercise next month, will have four bedrooms and three bathrooms. Subletting of rooms in these new flats will not be allowed for the Minimum Occupation Period to ensure it serves its purpose.

economist
27-08-13, 18:01
Pay attention to this: "With immediate effect as well, Permanent Residents (PR) who want to buy resale flats will have to wait three years after receiving their PR status."

So now what, new PRs can only buy condos?

So the measure will put pressure on HDB resale price, but the side effect is it supports mass market condo?

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 18:02
转售组屋 价格准备大大调低了
Net effect: hdb resale prices crash.

mummy
27-08-13, 18:07
转售组屋 价格准备大大调低了
Net effect: hdb resale prices crash.

Agree. I think million dollar resale hdb was ridiculous for a leasehold public housing in the first place and it prob triggered this new measure.

economist
27-08-13, 18:08
and the government is really 狠, it says, "This will apply to resale applicants received from 5.30pm Tuesday."
and I did not even hear of such rumors on restrictions on new PRs before.

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 18:08
Pay attention to this: "With immediate effect as well, Permanent Residents (PR) who want to buy resale flats will have to wait three years after receiving their PR status."

So the measure will put pressure on HDB resale price, but the side effect is it supports mass market condo?

www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatResaleIndex

马不停蹄 是时候了
Horse no stop hooves yes its high time

mummy
27-08-13, 18:09
Buying a BTO for the sake of earning $200 to $300k 5 years later will probably get more difficult from now on.

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 18:09
and the government is really 狠, it says, "This will apply to resale applicants received from 5.30pm Tuesday."
and I did not even hear of such rumors on restrictions on new PRs before.

But last batch bto applicants can enjoy the new higher grants.

Clearly shows govt pandering to which segment of society.

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 18:11
Buying a BTO for the sake of earning $200 to $300k 5 years later will probably get more difficult from now on.

Yes those 2rm bto specuvestors from huatttttttty arrr to crash ahhhh within mere weeks.

Hdb punters die pain pain. Dont pray pray with us taxpayers money!!!

Days of easy and guaranteed profit after MOP is over!!!

For that, pls come buy our condos!!!! Wohahehhehehehehehehe

dtrax
27-08-13, 18:16
howwwwww? HDB tio flanked by 3yr MOP, PC tio flanked by absd.
Now they all need to RENT.

27-08-13, 18:17
Think new sales EC mkt would be affected. Upgraders will face more obstacles.

The impact on new sales and resale PC mkt is not so straight forward. HDB upgraders would be now sidelined. So whose is left to support the mkt now? Will developers start to cut prices to move sales?

I think landlords may have their hand strengthen by this set of cooling measure

yaozong7
27-08-13, 18:18
PR who dont want to rent, will turn to mass mkt OCR condos instead. MYR PR will turn to Iskandar. 3 years is a long time to rent.

Overall, the pool of tenants for HDB & OCR will increase, with the possible loser being HDB resale prices. Oh, and we can expect to see more new citizens soon.....

princess_morbucks
27-08-13, 18:19

I foresee that new PRs have to rent hdb if they cannot afford pc..so hdb rental will huat.
Those who don't wanna rent hdb but have limited cash will probably buy the older condos or if want newer ones then get smaller units. So the old OCR condo will huat.

Ringo33
27-08-13, 18:19

this should divert demand towards mass market condo.

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 18:21
howwwwww? HDB tio flanked by 3yr MOP, PC tio flanked by absd.
Now they all need to RENT.

来来来。。。东方阿姨 有好多好多房子任君挑选!

Come come come... Eastern aunte has many many houses let gentlemen pick and choose!

princess_morbucks
27-08-13, 18:23
So bj's 3rd eye not ling anymore.
He said all will crash except prices of hdb and bto.
Now looks like opposite liao.

mummy
27-08-13, 18:31
I am afraid will this have a knock on effect on all properties eventually. This may be the begining of a fall in valuations of all properties.

Arcachon
27-08-13, 18:33
PAP stick a sticker on his third eye.

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/AFP_Getty-515123255-760x513.jpg

rymccondo77
27-08-13, 18:33
And the measures announced on a Tuesday instead of a Friday!

27-08-13, 18:36
I am afraid will this have a knock on effect on all properties eventually. This may be the begining of a fall in valuations of all properties.

It may not be the case. If valuation is a function of yield and if the rental mkt holds or strengthens, valuation may still hold. The number of transactions may nosedive further though. And it will take much longer to sell a property going forward.

economist
27-08-13, 18:37
I'm actually surprised by this, as HDB resale already sees COVs coming off quite a lot. Let's see if the media will brand it as a CM, or not a CM.

phantom_opera
27-08-13, 18:40
I can hear cursing from Pinnacle @ Duxton .. no more 1m HDB liao

:banghead: :p

but don't expect HDB price to go down a lot ... resale transaction volume will go down a lot though

sellers will all keep for rental, SPR buyers will need to wait

economist
27-08-13, 18:41
govt seems trying too hard to please the mass, being more populist than before...

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 18:44
Minister Ng Eng Hen did drop hint not to sell u hdb...

Arcachon
27-08-13, 18:45
LUM PAH PAH LAN

sherlock
27-08-13, 18:47
So for the next 3 years, all newly-minted PRs will have to rent. And that's good news for us landlords

phantom_opera
27-08-13, 18:48
National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said that there would be “many millionaires” when the flats at Pinnacle@Duxton enter the resale market (in 2014)

.... KBW ....

:p

.. and the haolian Duxton owners said they will never sell even for 3m ... their wish is granted:

She and her husband, Foo Soo Lim, acquired the five-room flat in 2004 for S$450,000. The unit is on the highest residential level of the building and there is a sky garden on the 50th floor.

2004 .. after 10y 800k-900k?? Bear in mind mortgate shortened to 25y and MSR down to 30% so higher priced HDB is going to be worst hit

smellyfish
27-08-13, 19:03
I'm actually surprised by this, as HDB resale already sees COVs coming off quite a lot. Let's see if the media will brand it as a CM, or not a CM.

but valuation has gone up by quite a lot too

Arcachon
27-08-13, 19:06
Wrong, depend on the printing press, if it print like the last few years one million no problem.

phantom_opera
27-08-13, 19:08
printing press might slow after EM crisis

Arcachon
27-08-13, 19:10
My guess is it will maintain, like drug once you have it hard to stop.
If they can stop they don't have to have so many CMs.........

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 19:16
What will be the effect on pc prices?

1. New PR will either rent hdb or pc. If not into renting will have to buy pc. However noted that PR only forms 20% or so of all resale transactions.

Result: mass mkt PC rental and price will be slightly strengthened.

2. Those 80% sinkies buyers of resale hdb will have stricter loan restrictions. Thus they would have no choice but to either delay their purchase decision hoping against hope this prudence measures will be lifted, or try for pc.

Result: cheaper hdb further from town centers and mass mkt PC launches will see much better take up. For those who cant wait for construction and spend more renting, will boost the pc resale mkt.

3. First time buyers formerly looking at pc purchase may now swing back to hdb considering the substantial income ceiling and grant rises. Therefore mass mkt pc sales may take a hit.

Result: net net mass mkt pc prices may be unaffected.

Bravo to a hdb cm that has little to no net effect on private sector!

azeoprop
27-08-13, 19:44
This may affect a lot of upgraders who have bought a PC waiting for TOP to sell their HDB. Either they may keep their hdb for rental or they might have to sell their hdb at a lower profit.

:beats-me-man:

mosaic
27-08-13, 19:46
Good luck to OCR buyers. The pool of HDB upgraders is shrinking by the day...

Eh
27-08-13, 19:48
What will be the effect on pc prices?

1. New PR will either rent hdb or pc. If not into renting will have to buy pc. However noted that PR only forms 20% or so of all resale transactions.

Result: mass mkt PC rental and price will be slightly strengthened.

2. Those 80% sinkies buyers of resale hdb will have stricter loan restrictions. Thus they would have no choice but to either delay their purchase decision hoping against hope this prudence measures will be lifted, or try for pc.

Result: cheaper hdb further from town centers and mass mkt PC launches will see much better take up. For those who cant wait for construction and spend more renting, will boost the pc resale mkt.

3. First time buyers formerly looking at pc purchase may now swing back to hdb considering the substantial income ceiling and grant rises. Therefore mass mkt pc sales may take a hit.

Result: net net mass mkt pc prices may be unaffected.

Bravo to a hdb cm that has little to no net effect on private sector!

1. Not just pc but Hdb rental will also strengthen. In fact if these pr intend to buy Hdb resale 3 years later they will rent Hdb than condo to save up $$$ due to stricter loan and pending interest rate increase. If not they will just go ahead and buy condo.

2. If loans are strict, sinkies will not even try pc.

Overall it will affect mass market because sinkies can't upgrade and prices for condo will have to come down if Hdb resale prices indeed do come down.

Amber Woods
27-08-13, 19:52
If HDB resale is affected, it will affect the mass market condo and hence the mid end condo. The market always behave this way because most people decision to upgrade depend on the resale value of their existing properties.

Government is spot on to control the prices of HDB flats which has an effect on overall private property market. Without the support of HDB upgraders, the mass market condo cannot move.

walkthetiger
27-08-13, 19:58
If HDB resale is affected, it will affect the mass market condo and hence the mid end condo. The market always behave this way because most people decision to upgrade depend on the resale value of their existing properties.

Government is spot on to control the prices of HDB flats which has an effect on overall private property market. Without the support of HDB upgraders, the mass market condo cannot move.

Agree. Spot on.

phantom_opera
27-08-13, 20:17
for once I agree with amber wolf
it is game over .. volume will be super low
property cannot make $$ Liao lah
if this one does not work next hdb cm will be ready soon

once they start target hdb sayonara

taggy
27-08-13, 20:22
can Pinnacle @ Duxton still hit 1m resale price?
household income 12k still can loan to service 1m flat,
but if got 12k, go buy condo lah :D

HDB concessionary loan, 25yrs loan, 2.6% interest, MSR 30%
max buying price .. 80% loan .. installment .. household income
661,250 ........... 529,000 .... 2,400 ........... 8,000
743,750 ........... 595,000 .... 2,699 ........... 9,000
826,250 ........... 661,000 .... 2,999 .......... 10,000

bank loan, 25yrs loan, 3.5% medium term interest, MSR 35%
max buying price .. 80% loan .. installment .. household income
698,750 ........... 559,000 .... 2,798 ........... 8,000
786,250 ........... 629,000 .... 3,149 ........... 9,000
873,750 ........... 699,000 .... 3,499 .......... 10,000
961,250 ........... 769,000 .... 3,850 .......... 11,000
1,048,750 ......... 839,000 .... 4,200 .......... 12,000

Amber Woods
27-08-13, 20:33
Mr Khaw had said that he would like to see property prices at 2009 level and Housing Affordability Index of 4. Looks like the government is slowly reaching its goals.

azeoprop
27-08-13, 20:38
So the Glades @ Tanah Merah and Thomson Three will launch at 900-1000psf? :rolleyes:

chestnut
27-08-13, 20:43
So the Glades @ Tanah Merah and Thomson Three will launch at 900-1000psf? :rolleyes:

No lar... 600 psf... Hahahahahahahaha

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 20:44

U are possibly right if 80/20 rule applies here. As in 20% PR buyers move n determine the whole resale mkt pricing.

27-08-13, 20:45
sta·sis
/ˈstāsis/
Noun
A period or state of inactivity or equilibrium.
A stoppage of flow of a body fluid.
Synonyms
standstill

mcmlxxvi
27-08-13, 20:45

U dare to buy if this happens? Your purchase will lose more value overnight.

chestnut
27-08-13, 20:48
U dare to buy if this happens? Your purchase will lose more value overnight.

If Thomson 3 @ 900 psf, I will buy.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Not 1 though... Hahahahahah

I will gladly pay absd...

:D

Remember, when prices drop, the state is in a bad affair and land sales will taper.... HAHAHAHAHAHA TAPER....

Remember, the immigration tap did not shout..l it just reduced...

Rental is going to pick up...

Miltonia
27-08-13, 20:53
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/new-3-year-waiting-period-permanent-residents-buy-resale-flats-2013082

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/hdb-encourage-multi-generational-living-new-flat-type-tweaks-priority-

azeoprop
27-08-13, 20:53
No lar... 600 psf... Hahahahahahahaha

Same price as Caspian in early 09, when 580psf for a 3 bedder was the norm.

Or Metropolitan?
"Prices at the project range from $511,000 for a 778 sq ft two-bedder on the fifth floor to $1.45 million for a 1,700 sq ft, four-bedroom unit on the 42nd floor. This works out to an average of $780 per sq ft (psf)"

:rolleyes:

mummy
27-08-13, 20:54
Mr Khaw had said that he would like to see property prices at 2009 level and Housing Affordability Index of 4. Looks like the government is slowly reaching its goals.

does that apply to private property? that would be scary. when did he say that, i never heard this before.

amk
27-08-13, 20:55
it is game over ..
if this one does not work next hdb cm will be ready soon

once they start target hdb sayonara

Remember I always say one should sell HDB to take profit ?

HDB's value is totally dependent on and controlled by the gov. Policy risk is very high.

chestnut
27-08-13, 20:58
Same price as Caspian in early 09, when 580psf for a 3 bedder was the norm.

Or Metropolitan?
"Prices at the project range from $511,000 for a 778 sq ft two-bedder on the fifth floor to $1.45 million for a 1,700 sq ft, four-bedroom unit on the 42nd floor. This works out to an average of $780 per sq ft (psf)"

Brudder, we can re-live those days man.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

From 2006 to now, I still can remember every time I visit showflat with my friends, the statement is "Wah, so expensive, who so siao will buy....". Next show flat visit, will be "Wah, so expensive, who so siao will buy... Last time should have bought"... HAHAHAHAHAHA

But really, if 900psf and below, I will whack.... And pay absd... I hope the soothsayers here correct...

I will be :D to the bank... Literally....

:D :D :D

Kanarazu
27-08-13, 21:00
3 years wait is not a big deal for PRs who can get their citizenship in less the half that time.

Miltonia
27-08-13, 21:01
:sleep: :sleep:

Miltonia
27-08-13, 21:02
HDB...

Sayonara.....

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/new-hdb-cooling-measures-target-mortgage-servicing-ratio-and-maximum-l

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:03
On a serious note... I actually don't see any cooling measures leh???? Sorry, I don't have 3rd eye???

How much is a hdb resale today???? And 30% msr, what is the impact????

I damn blur leh....:confused: :confused:

Those who buy resale typically

1. Above ceiling - so cannot qualify for new hdb... (this class no prob leh)
2. Cannot wait... But if combined salary 10 grand, no prob wat (typically, if they are young, they will apply bto)

So I confused leh????

Anyways, I am not for up or down... I already out of the game.... My money is somewhere else...:D :D

amk
27-08-13, 21:07
3 years wait is not a big deal for PRs who can get their citizenship in less the half that time.

It is much harder for PR to convert to citizen now.
I know some one with a pay of more than 250k fixed has his citizen request declined.

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:11
It is much harder for PR to convert to citizen now.
I know some one with a pay of more than 250k fixed has his citizen request declined.

Bro, remember army.... Cast net, pension scheme... Then later become choosy...

Remember teacher scheme as well...

Remember prior to HK handover to China....

Same style lar....

Cast net... Once achieve certain target, become choosy....

phantom_opera
27-08-13, 21:15
bro chestnut ... the problem is not the announcement ... the problem is the government is sending a signal that they WILL NOT tolerate further increase in valuation of resale HDB from now on ... u can rent out at high yield but no more capital appreciation potential

anyway .. macro is changing quickly ... oil / gold surging big time (finally I see why gold / oil price are so high)

star
27-08-13, 21:19
Will condo price delink from resale hdb? Since hdb can no longer appreciate much in value.

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:23
bro chestnut ... the problem is not the announcement ... the problem is the government is sending a signal that they WILL NOT tolerate further increased in valuation of resale HDB from now on ... u can rent out at high yield but no more capital appreciation potential

Oh... Paiseh hor... I still cannot see the message....

When cov reduced to near zero, Did anyone check if valuation remain constant or went up???

Brother, when rental yield shoot up.... What do you think will happen to capital appreciation???

The private property market is so sian because rental yield cannot keep up with capital gains... Now yield on private is about 3 over percent... If you minus everything away, it is less than that... So some of my friends cashed out and took profit and dumped into reits/bonds, etc....

Right now hdb can comfortably give >5%... If rental shoot to say 8%, you don't think people will chase after this "safe high yield" instrument???

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:24
Will condo price delink from resale hdb? Since hdb can no longer appreciate much in value.

The whole world is intertwined.... Remember during sub-prime... People said Asia is decoupled from US... See what happened???

teddybear
27-08-13, 21:30
Well, >65% of singaporeans want HDB to be more home and less asset from OSC, so they get what they want now! :p

bro chestnut ... the problem is not the announcement ... the problem is the government is sending a signal that they WILL NOT tolerate further increase in valuation of resale HDB from now on ... u can rent out at high yield but no more capital appreciation potential

anyway .. macro is changing quickly ... oil / gold surging big time (finally I see why gold / oil price are so high)

amk
27-08-13, 21:31
When COV is 0, valuation will start tracking down.
HDB rent will not shoot to sky high. Look at NV residence, 3k for a 3bd. A lot of supply in OCR. No one will pay 4k to rent a HDB.
And , what is stopping gov from implementing CM on HDB rent ? Currently already has this rental contract can only be 1.5yr already rite ?

teddybear
27-08-13, 21:32
REITs & Bonds? :doh: They will get burnt, worse than properties! :o

Oh... Paiseh hor... I still cannot see the message....

When cov reduced to near zero, Did anyone check if valuation remain constant or went up???

Brother, when rental yield shoot up.... What do you think will happen to capital appreciation???

The private property market is so sian because rental yield cannot keep up with capital gains... Now yield on private is about 3 over percent... If you minus everything away, it is less than that... So some of my friends cashed out and took profit and dumped into reits/bonds, etc....

Right now hdb can comfortably give >5%... If rental shoot to say 8%, you don't think people will chase after this "safe high yield" instrument???

27-08-13, 21:32
Will rental come down with more people putting their units on the rental mkt instead of selling it?

amk
27-08-13, 21:36
Well, >65% of singaporeans want HDB to be more home and less asset from OSC, so they get what they want now! :p

Yea....
Initially I thought HDB CM will come at the PM NDR...
my gut feeling is right after all .. :(

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:37
HDB rent will not shoot to sky high. Look at NV residence, 3k for a 3bd. A lot of supply in OCR. No one will pay 4k to rent a HDB.
And , what is stopping gov from implementing CM on HDB rent ? Currently already has this rental contract can only be 1.5yr already rite ?

Bro, cov = 0 does not equate to valuation tracking down leh...

NV 3 bedder is about 1 ml... So 36k = 3.6% gross per annum....

Pasir Ris 5 room should be 500k??? Not familiar... But my guess is hdb is 1/2 price of condo within same region....

Rental there about 2.3k = 28k.... = 5.6% per annum leh....

1.5 year applies to pr who own hdb... So they either become citizen or they shift back to hdb and rent out their condo... This will result in shortage of hdb come 1 year time...

Correct me if I sala....

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:43
Look at hdb Price idex

http://www.singaporepropertycycle.com.sg/market-trends/singapore-property-price-index-and-hdb-resale-index/

amk
27-08-13, 21:44
Bro, cov = 0 does not equate to valuation tracking down leh...

No it does not equal. But it usually precedes the down trend. If gov wants resale to come down, it will. HDB appointed valuers will all get the hint and start valuing at the right number. Remember this is what happened in 2000 ?

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:47
No it does not equal. But it usually precedes the down trend. If gov wants resale to come down, it will. HDB appointed valuers will all get the hint and start valuing at the right number. Remember this is what happened in 2000 ?

I know... But where is the hint that they want resale to come down... I don't see it written anywhere leh....

What I see is

1. Pr cannot rent out their hdb after 1.5 years(all memory).. This will result I'm shortage of hdb rental units...

2. Inflow of immigrants will continue... Hint given during rally - SME's are complaining.... Again, will result in hdb rental...

Everything is pointing to hdb rental supply shortage.... This will result in hdb rental going up....if yield goes up, what will happen to capital gain???

That's all I am seeing leh....

We need diverse thinking lar...

HAHAHAHAHAHA
:cheers4:

amk
27-08-13, 21:48

What I meant is, if the objective is HDB should be home of Spreans only, dun be surprised if CM on HDB rent comes out. Once again, this is totally policy dependent, a very risky "investment".

phantom_opera
27-08-13, 21:50
What I meant is, if the objective is HDB should be home of Spreans only, dun be surprised if CM on HDB rent comes out. Once again, this is totally policy dependent, a very risky "investment".

time to take profit :cheers4:

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:55

Read this bro... There was an oversupply

http://www.toapayohproperties.com/‘ghost-towns’-vs-fewer-homes/

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/reflections_housing/article3.htm

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:57

No way lar.... Where are all the foreign workers going to stay????

Hdb rental will only go up....

amk
27-08-13, 22:00
To chestnut bro: HDB resale price high was never becauses it has a high yield. It is because there is always this buyer who is willing to pay 800k for a resale, and subsequent valuations start to track this price

chestnut
27-08-13, 22:06
To chestnut bro: HDB resale price high was never becauses it has a high yield. It is because there is always this buyer who is willing to pay 800k for a resale, and subsequent valuations start to track this price

Bro, my theory...
Hdb shot up because of his reasons

1. Influx of immigrants - huge rental market
2. PRs buying I stead of renting
3. Valuations going up
4. Many private owners when to buy resale because of the yield.
5. Supply or lack of it issue.

Look at the population over past 6 years and co relate to supply

smartboy2
27-08-13, 22:06
rental will pick up, but i hope there wont be any "rental cooling measures" if not it will be a laughing matter!

Prices of Resale have to come down by 2016. otherwise... you know what will happen ya :rolleyes:

flxcat
27-08-13, 22:29

In fact many are happy too, so now with PR supporting HDB rental, those who upgraded to PC and thinking of selling need not do so, as the rental will help to pay for instalment of PC. Indirectly, government policy had made many achieve investment property dream while controlling the prices. Super good, I like it as they are really the compassionate developer. cool :)

flxcat
27-08-13, 22:39

Still an assets as the rental yield is good :D

flxcat
27-08-13, 22:40

If majority of the PR renting are Malaysian, then can be 2yrs contract :D

mermaid
27-08-13, 22:50

I dun tink a new, tan jiak PR can afford to buy condo.
Effect is rental mkt for both hdb n pte will increase.
For the next 1/2 to 1 yr, hdb cov will drop further as dd n ss r more equilibrum.
When ECs top in 2014/15, a lot of flat owners will be forced to sell hdb at low $, possibly at below valuation.

hmmm ... Wats the impact on pte ppty leh?

relax88
27-08-13, 23:26
One man decision, so many hdb owners nightmares just started:D

Sandiwara
27-08-13, 23:39

If you think from the HDB owner that may be correct but from the point of view future HDB buyer, they will have less loan to the bank.

economist
27-08-13, 23:54
On a serious note... I actually don't see any cooling measures leh???? Sorry, I don't have 3rd eye???

How much is a hdb resale today???? And 30% msr, what is the impact????

I damn blur leh....:confused: :confused:

Those who buy resale typically

1. Above ceiling - so cannot qualify for new hdb... (this class no prob leh)
2. Cannot wait... But if combined salary 10 grand, no prob wat (typically, if they are young, they will apply bto)

So I confused leh????

Anyways, I am not for up or down... I already out of the game.... My money is somewhere else...:D :D

That's good point, but the biggest impact is the three-year wait for new PRs, I think.

relax88
27-08-13, 23:58
Best time to buy new now since cheap . Than those whom bought high

invigorated
Bro, my theory...
Hdb shot up because of his reasons

1. Influx of immigrants - huge rental market
2. PRs buying I stead of renting
3. Valuations going up
4. Many private owners when to buy resale because of the yield.
5. Supply or lack of it issue.

Look at the population over past 6 years and co relate to supply

I think the govt is doing all it can to address point 1 to 5
1. slowdown of influx,
2. now pr must wait 3 years and to rent out, require stricter permission from hdb. not as attractive to PR for yield.
3. cov approaching 0, next up valuation may go down as many have hinted.
4. Hdb rental yield may go down when the ECs TOP in 2, 3 yrs. increase in no. of OCR units will indirectly lower rental yield of hdb
5. increase in supply through bto, 2 bedders

the govt vision of a bigger population is some 20 years away. I'm guessing in the near term, it has to address the voices of the masses for 2016.

Eh

What nightmares are you talking about? I still think the new measures do not affect me at all. Unless of course the govt say cannot rent out Hdb then we will see nightmares for some. For me I just leave it empty or I start to do charity invite my family members or relatives stay my flat for a token :rolleyes: But too bad they can't and they won't unless they reverse the immigration policy and of attracting foreigners to work here.

thomastansb
28-08-13, 00:22
I thought Singaporeans want their HDB value to go down? They are complaining prices too high and are saying 1 million dollars HDB day in day out.

kane
28-08-13, 00:23
That's good point, but the biggest impact is the three-year wait for new PRs, I think.

this is the game changer i reckon. there's no telling how this well swing the market. demand to purchase is curtailed but demand to rent is boosted.

wt_know
28-08-13, 00:28
as pm lee said in the nd rally message

the parent want their hdb value to go up ... $1M would be best
the same parent want hdb to be affordable (aka cheap) for their children

:confused:

I thought Singaporeans want their HDB value to go down? They are complaining prices too high and are saying 1 million dollars HDB day in day out.

thomastansb
28-08-13, 00:39
Drop also good. I waiting to buy a resale and rent it out long term. Hopefully MOP 1 year.

as pm lee said in the nd rally message

the parent want their hdb value to go up ... $1M would be best
the same parent want hdb to be affordable (aka cheap) for their children

:confused:

newbie11
28-08-13, 00:44
While we are trying to slow the mkt, uk is boring it. Signs of tides.

Read the full story at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-26/boe-s-bean-says-can-t-see-signs-of-housing-boom-emerging-in-u-k-.html

dtrax
28-08-13, 02:31
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1237032_10151635945667568_605411642_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/s720x720/1185642_10151635945672568_1411086528_n.jpg

chestnut
28-08-13, 05:34
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1237032_10151635945667568_605411642_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/s720x720/1185642_10151635945672568_1411086528_n.jpg

Date issued : 27 Sep 2012

*Today, HDB launched 7,055 flats for sale under the joint Build-to-Order (BTO) and Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) Exercises in both non-mature and mature towns. Including the 6,400 flats to be launched in Nov, the total BTO flat supply in 2012 would be 27,000 units, 2,000 units more than the 25,000 units originally planned for the year. The ramp up of HDB flat supply will further help to meet the housing demand, especially those from first-time home buyers. As demand for flats in mature estates is expected to be high, applicants are advised to apply for a BTO flat in the non-mature towns/estates for a higher chance in securing a unit.
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/597ABC0F57FA037548257A860022A3F9

Based on above to figure out :

27k per year for hdb

2012 to 2030 - (expect 700 new homes)

27k x 18 years = 486 k new hdb....

So still short of 214k homes ????

chestnut
28-08-13, 06:30
From 5.3mil people to 6.9 mil people - need 700k home....

So from 2000, we had 4 mil people till 2012 of 5.3 mil - 1.3 mil people more, if interpolate by above method, we would have needed 568k homes....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Something wrong leh....:doh:

mcmlxxvi
28-08-13, 07:10
In summary, what's in for each group:

1. Hdb owner investors

Owner will see value of their flat moderate. Investor will enjoy higher rental demand.

2. Hdb bto prospective buyers

You now enjoy better affordability.

3. Hdb resale citizen buyers

You may now enjoy better affordability as chunk of high paying PR buyers have been sidelined.

4. Hdb resale PR buyers

You can consider renting a hdb for the three years while waiting to buy resale. By then the prices would also have moderated a bit increasing affordability to you. If you earn enough, please look at resale condos instead. It will help cut out your rental costs.

5. PC owner investors

Owners may see slighty increased valuation of their units as better rental demand from the more loaded PRs supports more favorable market value. Investors may enjoy higher rental demand from PRs' increased rental demand. If you own a highly demanded project, you may even be hard pressed to raise rates to weed out some of the unwanted interest.

6. PC primary launches buyers

More interest from hdb sidelined PR buyers. Increased competition.

7. PC secondary market buyers

More interest from hdb sidelined PR buyers who prefer not to wait for BUC. Increased competitions.

8. Tenants

Your landlord may increase the renewal rent rate due to better demand.

9. Prospective tenants

You may face increased competition from hdb displaced PRs.

henryhk
28-08-13, 07:11
Drop also good. I waiting to buy a resale and rent it out long term. Hopefully MOP 1 year.
Even resale price drop by 100k, so wat, it is just a number, hdb is a home, nobody will sell their precious home away.....sell already can't buy back!! Condo is different, buy and sell is allowed, just pay extra ABSD lor!! So I will not be bothered by resale price....and if ur hdb is beside the mrt! I tink u are bullet-proof....tose who have 2 to 3 properties, don't worry, garment gives u extra rental to service the loan, tru PRs pocket!

chestnut
28-08-13, 07:55
So bottom line, Singaporeans WIN...

Hahahaha

In summary, what's in for each group:

1. Hdb owner investors

Owner will see value of their flat moderate. Investor will enjoy higher rental demand.

2. Hdb bto prospective buyers

You now enjoy better affordability.

3. Hdb resale citizen buyers

You may now enjoy better affordability as chunk of high paying PR buyers have been sidelined.

4. Hdb resale PR buyers

You can consider renting a hdb for the three years while waiting to buy resale. By then the prices would also have moderated a bit increasing affordability to you. If you earn enough, please look at resale condos instead. It will help cut out your rental costs.

5. PC owner investors

Owners may see slighty increased valuation of their units as better rental demand from the more loaded PRs supports more favorable market value. Investors may enjoy higher rental demand from PRs' increased rental demand. If you own a highly demanded project, you may even be hard pressed to raise rates to weed out some of the unwanted interest.

6. PC primary launches buyers

More interest from hdb sidelined PR buyers. Increased competition.

7. PC secondary market buyers

More interest from hdb sidelined PR buyers who prefer not to wait for BUC. Increased competitions.

8. Tenants

Your landlord may increase the renewal rent rate due to better demand.

9. Prospective tenants

You may face increased competition from hdb displaced PRs.

invigorated
28-08-13, 09:10
From 5.3mil people to 6.9 mil people - need 700k home....

So from 2000, we had 4 mil people till 2012 of 5.3 mil - 1.3 mil people more, if interpolate by above method, we would have needed 568k homes....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Something wrong leh....:doh:

not quite right to interpolate like that. needs of population changes with generations too depending on family size, whether more singles or families, whether they are 2,3,4,5 rooms etc. it only says 700000 homes, not specific to sizes.

govt said 700,000 homes, this covers both hdb and pte but ur projection is only based on hdb, no?

chestnut
28-08-13, 09:15
not quite right to interpolate like that. needs of population changes with generations too depending on family size, whether more singles or families, whether they are 2,3,4,5 rooms etc. it only says 700000 homes, not specific to sizes.

govt said 700,000 homes, this covers both hdb and pte but ur projection is only based on hdb, no?

Then you include in your private estimate lor.... and figure if it makes sense...

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

invigorated
28-08-13, 09:23
Then you include in your private estimate lor.... and figure if it makes sense...

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

haha my point wasn't about whether the stats make sense, rather that your interpretation doesn't make sense, cos u only use 27k times x number of hdb homes, without including the pte n EC.

the govt says it will produce 700k homes but it doesn't say there is a need of 700k homes. lets not forget that this 700k will be in 17 years time, the profile of people needing homes may well be very different and so will the houses.

mermaid
28-08-13, 09:29
the message of our rulers to foreigners is:
quickly convert to citizen :D

& the moral behind the story for citizens is:
juz cont'd to buy as if there is no tomorrow :cheers5:

invigorated
28-08-13, 09:36
the message of our rulers to foreigners is:
quickly convert to citizen :D

& the moral behind the story for citizens is:
juz cont'd to buy as if there is no tomorrow :cheers5:

why buy as if there's no tomorrow if the intention of the govt is to safely land hdb prices?

shouldn't we be buying knowing that there is a tomorrow?

we all know that there is a good and bad time to enter. with the govt seemingly resolute to bring prices down before the next election, is this a good time to buy? what happened to ccr buyers who bought as if no tomorrow? will the chapter unfold for ocr?

chestnut
28-08-13, 09:37
haha my point wasn't about whether the stats make sense, rather that your interpretation doesn't make sense, cos u only use 27k times x number of hdb homes, without including the pte n EC.

the govt says it will produce 700k homes but it doesn't say there is a need of 700k homes. lets not forget that this 700k will be in 17 years time, the profile of people needing homes may well be very different and so will the houses.

Balance from EC and private lor.... So 700 - (27kx 17=459k) = 241K..

You just need to look at how many HDB will be built every year over the next few years and derive if we can reach the 700K houses.... Interpolate with the population increase and come to some conclusion lor...

That would be the basis... Hahahahaha

That would determine if over or under supply lor....

I just talking rubbish lar... But I know what I need to look out for lar...

:cheers4::cheers4:

mermaid
28-08-13, 09:47
why buy as if there's no tomorrow if the intention of the govt is to safely land hdb prices?

shouldn't we be buying knowing that there is a tomorrow?

we all know that there is a good and bad time to enter. with the govt seemingly resolute to bring prices down before the next election, is this a good time to buy? what happened to ccr buyers who bought as if no tomorrow? will the chapter unfold for ocr?

I mean buying as if there is no more tomorrow to buy la :D

if they r unwilling to sell a land more cheaply, how much can the price go down without any major external shocks?

I hv no idea when is the best time to buy. Actually Im planning to buy in 2014 or even 2015. I suppose the price "shd" be better with too much supply?

but any time shd the market correct slightly (say 5-10%) I oso will chiong in :D

I dun tink I would wanna invest in CCR in the short run. Gone are the days where they hv reigned, I reckon tat the potential for upsize is limited.

28-08-13, 09:50
EC buyers who have upgraded and whose EC going to TOP will be badly hit, since they have to sell within 6 mths.

From my observation, most non-mature estate HDB resale are targeted by PRs. So possible double whammy!

economist
28-08-13, 09:54
I think this is really a bad policy, by not allowing new PRs to buy HDB resale, it will make Singapore lose competitiveness.

What would new PRs do? cannot buy HDB resale, and if they buy condo, there is a 5% ABSD + 3% BSD. If they cannot find themselves a home in Singapore, will they settle down? Would the new comers even bother to apply for PR knowing that even PRs cannot buy HDB resale? Will more real foreign talents go to other cities instead? Will Singapore as a whole lose in the long term?

Has the policy makers thought about bigger pictures, rather than just being populist and trying to satisfy the xenophobics?

Now the rule of not allowing new PRs to buy resale HDBs has been made, the government should at least remove or reduce the ABSDs for PRs to buy their first condo!

Disappointed.

jeaprp
28-08-13, 10:27
I think this is really a bad policy, by not allowing new PRs to buy HDB resale, it will make Singapore lose competitiveness.

What would new PRs do? cannot buy HDB resale, and if they buy condo, there is a 5% ABSD + 3% BSD. If they cannot find themselves a home in Singapore, will they settle down? Would the new comers even bother to apply for PR knowing that even PRs cannot buy HDB resale? Will more real foreign talents go to other cities instead? Will Singapore as a whole lose in the long term?

Has the policy makers thought about bigger pictures, rather than just being populist and trying to satisfy the xenophobics?

Now the rule of not allowing new PRs to buy resale HDBs has been made, the government should at least remove or reduce the ABSDs for PRs to buy their first condo!

Disappointed.

HDB should only be allowed to be sold to SG citizens.
It is a subsidized public housing, why should PR enjoy this subsidy???:cool:
Convert to citizen and get stuck here like the rest of us.
Huat ah

mermaid
28-08-13, 10:44

I agree.
By allowing PRs to buy HDB even after 3 yrs is alrdy doing a great de-service to singaporeans.
PRs shd only be allowed to buy pte. If cannot afford, den rent.
Juz imagine pte owners de $ is gena robbed to go & help poor sinkies nvm, still nid to subsidize PRs!?!?! omg! :doh:

pte owners not running a charitable organisation leh :spliff2:

jeaprp
28-08-13, 10:55
Those PR not converting to citizen and buying HDB are just
here to make a quick profit on our subsidized public housing.
Either thru rental or capital gain. Or both:cool:
3 years wait is too short to show commitment

thomastansb
28-08-13, 10:55
I am equally disappointed and I share the same view as you.

But too bad, this is what Singaporeans want. Slower growth, no salary increment, low HDB value.

Disappointed.

thomastansb
28-08-13, 10:56
PR don't get subsidy. They buy resale from OM at OMV. They can't buy BTO.

Anyway, if resale prices drop a lot, good for people like us also. Buy a 3 bedroom and rent out forever.

Huat ah

jeaprp
28-08-13, 11:02

Anyway, if resale prices drop a lot, good for people like us also. Buy a 3 bedroom and rent out forever.

It is still public housing even if it is resale :cool:
Buy pte condo, that one is really OMV

If PR really commited, then convert citizen .
and grow or sink together with all of us.
Not profit u take n loses u pack up n go

wirehtc
28-08-13, 11:21

I believe there is some form of market subsidy, or else the rental yield will not be that good. New pte condo rental yield is miserable now but resale HDB is still good.

economist
28-08-13, 11:25
I believe there is some form of market subsidy, or else the rental yield will not be that good. New pte condo rental yield is miserable now but resale HDB is still good.

Don't think there is a subsidy for HDB resale, it is the restrictions associated with HDB resale that makes it cheaper than private housing. Restrictions include MOP, rental rules, not able to sell to foreigners, etc.

Rosy
28-08-13, 11:27
looks like MOP of 5years for subletting is not long enough. It used to be 10years MOP.
many still treat hdb as a rental investment.

jeaprp
28-08-13, 11:29
Don't think there is a subsidy for HDB resale, it is the restrictions associated with HDB resale that makes it cheaper than private housing. Restrictions include MOP, rental rules, not able to sell to foreigners, etc.

That's why it is call a public housing:cool:

Rosy
28-08-13, 11:31

Disappointed.
over exaggerated

chiaberry
28-08-13, 12:24
When I bought my resale HDB, the MOP was 10 years. After I owned it for 5+ years, they changed it to 5 years. They should perhaps change it back to 10 years.

economist
28-08-13, 12:50
When I bought my resale HDB, the MOP was 10 years. After I owned it for 5+ years, they changed it to 5 years. They should perhaps change it back to 10 years.

Agreed, this sounds much much better than outright prohibition to buy.

chiaberry
28-08-13, 12:56

It should help to weed out speculators too. At least people would be buying mainly for own stay.

The rules were also more stringent in the past, with a shorter list of acceptable "reasons" for renting out.

mermaid
28-08-13, 12:57

actually a distinction shd oso be made wrt the MOP of citizens & PRs :D

kane
28-08-13, 13:02
That will be the next step...

eng81157
28-08-13, 13:06
It should help to weed out speculators too. At least people would be buying mainly for own stay.

The rules were also more stringent in the past, with a shorter list of acceptable "reasons" for renting out.

HDB speculation was wiped out long ago leh.........and our dear KenoBiWan had been boasting about the measures that ensured public housing are meant for citizens.

radha08
29-08-13, 00:33
my pr collegue from china fews years ago bought 5rm hdb flat 5 mins from woodlands mrt for 300k plus now worth 500k plus he told me in few years he will retire and go back china with very $FOND$ memories of singapore:cool:

another pr bought hdb many years ago then upgraded to PC laughing all the way to the bank:cool:

now i know where the term SILLYporean came from:cool:

chestnut
29-08-13, 00:40
my pr collegue from china fews years ago bought 5rm hdb flat 5 mins from woodlands mrt for 300k plus now worth 500k plus he told me in few years he will retire and go back china with very $FOND$ memories of singapore:cool:

another pr bought hdb many years ago then upgraded to PC laughing all the way to the bank:cool:

Bro, u own 1 hdb and 1 pc leh.... U smarter than them...

Rosy
29-08-13, 02:04

China properties went up alot more than Sg. Who is missing the bigger picture?

newbie11
29-08-13, 02:10

How u buy? Thought u have private

jslee78
29-08-13, 07:37

Disappointed.

A tighter control on HDB home will allow the policy maker to free up the control of PC asset over times, and with lesser complaints. Be patient!

radha08
29-08-13, 07:44
Bro, u own 1 hdb and 1 pc leh.... U smarter than them...

bro i suffer 2 and a half years charging up and down hills:scared-4::scared-4::scared-4:

bottomline PR got best of both worlds but moving forward i think those days are numbered:cool:

radha08
29-08-13, 07:46

thats what i heard but sometimes singapore SAFER:D:D:D

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01432/china_1432267c.jpg

chestnut
29-08-13, 07:55
bro i suffer 2 and a half years charging up and down hills:scared-4::scared-4::scared-4:

bottomline PR got best of both worlds but moving forward i think those days are numbered:cool:

Brudder, don't bluff me leh.... BMT no charging of hill leh.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

So u familiar with peng Kang hill, elephant hill hor.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

xebay11
29-08-13, 17:42

Talentless stay in China will never earn enough to buy a decent property with good appreciation, come to Singapore immediately become Foreign Talent, earn big money can buy good property here and get capital appreciation and go back and buy good China property....get the bigger, bigger picture?

gemstone
29-08-13, 18:17
Talentless stay in China will never earn enough to buy a decent property with good appreciation, come to Singapore immediately become Foreign Talent, earn big money can buy good property here and get capital appreciation and go back and buy good China property....get the bigger, bigger picture?

Liked! what you said. When they returned to their hometown or wherever, the locals are left saddled with debts they destined to carry for life!

minority
29-08-13, 18:45

Talentless? So I guess when u go oversea n work u are also talentless. Seriously show how shallow u are. Wonder if u even travel put of sgp b4.

minority
29-08-13, 18:46
Liked! what you said. When they returned to their hometown or wherever, the locals are left saddled with debts they destined to carry for life!

Oh perhaps u can elaborate ur log gic?

minority
29-08-13, 18:52

1stly the orginal owner the prc bought from made $ proberly upgraded with the $ to something else. 2ndly these days 200k are nothing in china. Have u been to china n look at the psf in the city before?

How shallow can that be. ?

minority
29-08-13, 18:58
I am equally disappointed and I share the same view as you.

But too bad, this is what Singaporeans want. Slower growth, no salary increment, low HDB value.

Peng u. U are wrong. Many are just plain narrow minded n shallow. They want relax relax but pay still increase! N life style cannot go down ! But same breath cannot stand it if other folks do better then them.

This is the generation that never work hard b4. No experience war b4. No experience jobless before. Never experience poor living environment b4.

Wat they see today is all a given. Wil never go away so why work hard! It's a given.

Like the saying goes pride comes before a fall. This generation need to shoot themselves in the feet suffer 1 generation then they will know nothing comes for free n hard work is required.

minority
29-08-13, 19:03
Huat ah

C me subsidy? It's resale. Wat misconception is that?

So saying only sgp can buy n sell hdb. Hdb hav poorer sales volume or apperication . PC price goes up. The hdb n PC gap sudden.

So sgporean be creating a getto for Singaporean while Foreginers all cluster in PC . So how is that helping Singaporean mobility in the society?

Can't imagine people's narrow minded.

If want to buy cheap just say want to buy cheap. Not hide behind a misconception .

Fact is RESALE have no subsidy. Get it right.

xebay11
29-08-13, 19:06
Talentless? So I guess when u go oversea n work u are also talentless. Seriously show how shallow u are. Wonder if u even travel put of sgp b4.

Yep I am basically talent less that is why I only invest in Singapore property, my 2 fully paid industrial and landed property only appreciated $1.9 million here in Singapore and still holding, my third, bought two years ago still only renting. Yep no point for me pretending to go overseas to be a foreign talent when I can make money at home... and also notwithstanding that i let my Australian PR lapse in 1998, yes you can say that I am shallow and never really travelled out of Singapore :rolleyes:

minority
29-08-13, 19:14
Yep I am basically talent less that is why I only invest in Singapore property, my 2 fully paid industrial and landed property only appreciated $1.9 million here in Singapore and still holding, my third, bought two years ago still only renting. Yep no point for me pretending to go overseas to be a foreign talent when I can make money at home... and also notwithstanding that i let my Australian PR lapse in 1998, yes you can say that I am shallow and never really travelled out of Singapore :rolleyes:

How Hippocrate can u get. Talk big abt making $ from sgp property. And that is talent? Lol. It's precisely sibgapore openness that provided i the gains. Then in the same breath kpkb abt the openness.

Yes u are talentless who actually got a pr in AUS hoping to run road. Then turn tail n run back seeing sgp make it. Now have a few $ think is talent.

Basically u are just lucky to be here. Frankly worst than the FT u look down on. Basically a talentless turn coat.

xebay11
29-08-13, 19:21
How Hippocrate can u get. Talk big abt making $ from sgp property. And that is talent? Lol. It's precisely sibgapore openness that provided i the gains. Then in the same breath kpkb abt the openness.

Yes u are talentless who actually got a pr in AUS hoping to run road. Then turn tail n run back seeing sgp make it. Now have a few $ think is talent.

Basically u are just lucky to be here. Frankly worst than the FT u look down on. Basically a talentless turn coat.

No I admitted I am so talentless, what hypocrite are you talking about? Run road to Australia? Did I ever say that? Also have you ever applied for Australian PR to know what the criteria are? Hint, it is much higher than applying for PR here, don't be sour grapes just because you can't qualify.

august
29-08-13, 20:02

what manner of grammar is this? lol
use a dictionary if unsure.

Allthepies
29-08-13, 20:38

Tat is really narrow minded. I always believe that if you are really good, you will not be scared of people competing or stealing your job. Similarly if you are really good, you make money anywhere you go.

Intelligent locals are also profiting from the system. They are flipping their HDBs, condos, landed; after that they sell everything away and take the money away from Singapore to migrate to other countries... there are also many Singaporeans who enjoyed good education here and migrate to other countries.

In this globally connected world, everyone is doing the same thing... plunder whatever you can from your home/host country and then move on to greener pasture... hee but this is only entitled to the talented people, all others can only stay and grumble and complain...

teddybear
29-08-13, 20:53
Mmm, I so old so I see much more than you..... All those about grooming leaders' schools their graduates can talk cannot do work one! Play politics very good! :doh:

Peng u. U are wrong. Many are just plain narrow minded n shallow. They want relax relax but pay still increase! N life style cannot go down ! But same breath cannot stand it if other folks do better then them.

This is the generation that never work hard b4. No experience war b4. No experience jobless before. Never experience poor living environment b4.

Wat they see today is all a given. Wil never go away so why work hard! It's a given.

Like the saying goes pride comes before a fall. This generation need to shoot themselves in the feet suffer 1 generation then they will know nothing comes for free n hard work is required.

teddybear
29-08-13, 20:56
What is the problem with HDB and PC gaps widen?

Since new HDB flats are heavily subsidized, obviously they can't sell as resale at prices close to PC right? What rights those citizens have to demand that they can sell their resale HDB flats close to PC prices? :tsk-tsk:

So saying only sgp can buy n sell hdb. Hdb hav poorer sales volume or apperication . PC price goes up. The hdb n PC gap sudden.

So sgporean be creating a getto for Singaporean while Foreginers all cluster in PC . So how is that helping Singaporean mobility in the society?

If want to buy cheap just say want to buy cheap. Not hide behind a misconception .

minority
29-08-13, 20:58
No I admitted I am so talentless, what hypocrite are you talking about? Run road to Australia? Did I ever say that? Also have you ever applied for Australian PR to know what the criteria are? Hint, it is much higher than applying for PR here, don't be sour grapes just because you can't qualify.

Never bothered to apply. Even when I was there to. Study I don't give a f abt Australia PR. Never even consider. The fact u even applied show u are seeking option to run road. But suddenly realized the value of sgp and scurried back.

I have never consider leaving . Lol sour grapes? I won't bother even talking abt how much $ I have made. Many times more talent than u base on ur so call talent measurement. But I don't feel talented I feel I m just lucky to be here n benifited from the growth of the country.

Not like u some hypocritical turn coat that is prepared to run road anything things get tough. Make a few $ think is talent ! Hah!!!

minority
29-08-13, 21:19

Since new HDB flats are heavily subsidized, obviously they can't sell as resale at prices close to PC right? What rights those citizens have to demand that they can sell their resale HDB flats close to PC prices? :tsk-tsk:

Like u say new units are subsidized. Wats wrong letting the hdb price appericate helping citizens mobility? Or should the citizen be kept as a under class?

minority
29-08-13, 21:20
Mmm, I so old so I see much more than you..... All those about grooming leaders' schools their graduates can talk cannot do work one! Play politics very good! :doh:

Older than me? Lol. If it makes u feel good up for u.

No work? N play politics ? U talking abt some hammer party correct. Totally agree with ur foresight.

C&K
29-08-13, 21:27
All HDB new or resale are built on land that the government gives a discount to citizens because it did not gain from the "additional profit" if sold to a private developer.
That is why it is subsidised.
HDB will never be priced like PC.

minority
29-08-13, 21:40
All HDB new or resale are built on land that the government gives a discount to citizens because it did not gain from the "additional profit" if sold to a private developer.
That is why it is subsidised.
HDB will never be priced like PC.

Resale is Open market price. U never take into context the facility n quality in the unit? Value creation on the unit? Not even apple n orange.

Like that u should say china huawei phone is subsidizing everyone? Coz if the component sold to apple could have been sold for more.

gemstone
29-08-13, 22:28

I can't resist to add on this: HDB are meant for the masses who are working class and so the selling prices need to match their pocket depth. The spike in prices during the last 8 years have put plenty of younger generation into a bigger debt slaves than during our time.... If they are sponsored by their parents, then they really must be grateful.

xebay11
29-08-13, 22:40
Tat is really narrow minded. I always believe that if you are really good, you will not be scared of people competing or stealing your job. Similarly if you are really good, you make money anywhere you go.

Intelligent locals are also profiting from the system. They are flipping their HDBs, condos, landed; after that they sell everything away and take the money away from Singapore to migrate to other countries... there are also many Singaporeans who enjoyed good education here and migrate to other countries.

In this globally connected world, everyone is doing the same thing... plunder whatever you can from your home/host country and then move on to greener pasture... hee but this is only entitled to the talented people, all others can only stay and grumble and complain...

Of course and this is exactly what I do best. I gave up my Australian PR but not without leaving the door slightly ajar. I make money where I can and can live where I want, without stealing or competing for jobs in the host country, in fact while constructing my home there I created jobs that is why I was welcomed with open arms.

Adva181
29-08-13, 22:45
Let me share the story of one of my friend.
We study together, army together and came out to work around 23yrs old.

He applied a 4R BTO when he as 24 years old in SK @ 155k.
At 29 yrs old, he fully paid his BTO n it's valued at 550k now.
He sold his HDB n bought 2 condo, one self stay n the other one for rental.
He is 31 this year n is already a millionaire.

Many people keep delaying marriage citing no money n only start to marry around 30yrs old. Reason is to save up enough to live comfortably. Actually the quickest way to earn your 1st bucket is via BTO.

Now garmen give grant, let u down 10% only etc etc, getting BTO is really not tough...

minority
29-08-13, 22:51
I can't resist to add on this: HDB are meant for the masses who are working class and so the selling prices need to match their pocket depth. The spike in prices during the last 8 years have put plenty of younger generation into a bigger debt slaves than during our time.... If they are sponsored by their parents, then they really must be grateful.

New hdb is right for that. Actually with all the grant who is sponsoring?

minority
29-08-13, 22:53

Many people keep delaying marriage citing no money n only start to marry around 30yrs old. Reason is to save up enough to live comfortably. Actually the quickest way to earn your 1st bucket is via BTO.

Now garmen give grant, let u down 10% only etc etc, getting BTO is really not tough...

Aiyah they will tell u last time their patents pay 10k for 3 bedder. They want to buy at 10k buy sell 1m.

minority
29-08-13, 22:57
Of course and this is exactly what I do best. I gave up my Australian PR but not without leaving the door slightly ajar. I make money where I can and can live where I want, without stealing or competing for jobs in the host country, in fact while constructing my home there I created jobs that is why I was welcomed with open arms.

Lol. And becoz of that apply pr but later give it up. Sound so noble.

gemstone
29-08-13, 23:08

Nowadays, the trend is staying single and live happily everafter; she will travel around the world, meet interesting people learn new stuff. She hooked up with some cute guys and nobody think she was a slut. always put herself first. and went to rock concerts. and nobody ever told her to ''go make me a sandwich'' and kept her flat, and all her shoes and never got cheated on. and all her family and friends thought she was fuxking cool as hell. and made tons of money & the toilet seat is always down! :im-so-happy:

minority
29-08-13, 23:30
Nowadays, the trend is staying single and live happily everafter; she will travel around the world, meet interesting people learn new stuff. She hooked up with some cute guys and nobody think she was a slut. always put herself first. and went to rock concerts. and nobody ever told her to ''go make me a sandwich'' and kept her flat, and all her shoes and never got cheated on. and all her family and friends thought she was fuxking cool as hell. and made tons of money & the toilet seat is always down! :im-so-happy:

So funny.. Ask the guy to go order the wife in singaore to make him a sandwich see wat happen. Kana K n F ah.

economist
29-08-13, 23:48
Resale is Open market price. U never take into context the facility n quality in the unit? Value creation on the unit? Not even apple n orange.

Like that u should say china huawei phone is subsidizing everyone? Coz if the component sold to apple could have been sold for more.

Well said. All subsidies went into new BTOs and benefiting eligible citizens. As for the resale HDB, it is really market price, and the reason for it to be priced lower than condo is really due to its worse conditions, fewer lease, lower ceiling, higher plot ratio, less security, less facility, and restrictions like MOP - and the PRs who bought the resale HDB is going to continue face such restrictions.

Cupcakes
29-08-13, 23:51
Huh? So am I a gem in cyberworld? I made home cooked food to work for lunch, no branded no cab no party no drink no smoke no go out. Still single and very available. Not fat not ugly. Sg guys said I'm boring. How ar?

xebay11
30-08-13, 08:36
Lol. And becoz of that apply pr but later give it up. Sound so noble.

Bro I did not give it up as in "give up" I let it lapse....after I put my foot in jamming the door open....I know how to game the system.

xebay11
30-08-13, 08:37

These days, to be considered wealthy is $5m and above.....many, many people are millionaires these days. Besides, as long as your friend has outstanding loan, must deduct from net worth value.

But I agree with you on delaying marriage.....talentless me for example, when I mooted the idea of marriage, my father asked me "Do you have enough money?" I replied "No, but I don't think costs will fall anytime soon" and I got married.

rymccondo77
30-08-13, 13:15
These days, to be considered wealthy is $5m and above.....many, many people are millionaires these days. Besides, as long as your friend has outstanding loan, must deduct from net worth value.

But I agree with you on delaying marriage.....talentless me for example, when I mooted the idea of marriage, my father asked me "Do you have enough money?" I replied "No, but I don't think costs will fall anytime soon" and I got married.

Its not just a matter of how much money a couple has - it is what they do with the money / how they manage the money.

Kudos to you for not letting costs stop you from getting married :)

onglai
30-08-13, 16:52
Huh? So am I a gem in cyberworld? I made home cooked food to work for lunch, no branded no cab no party no drink no smoke no go out. Still single and very available. Not fat not ugly. Sg guys said I'm boring. How ar?

show pple your bank account next time and u will see guys queuing from changi to tuas.

lol

radha08
31-08-13, 04:32

your friend was lucky cos he was born in the golden era of property in singapore to accomplish the same feat in todays market is nearly impossible if u ask me:cool:

Sandiwara
31-08-13, 08:29

100% agree with minority. Some time I do not understand with some of forumer way of thinking here. When people buy resale HDB the buyer will offer price first and than wait Seller to decide. So the price will decided by purely economics reason (no forcing involve).