PDA

View Full Version : After hearing NDR 2013, where would u choose to invest now?

mermaid
19-08-13, 10:27
The obvious potential is the current PLAB, but many of us may not live long enuff to enjoy the fruits of paya lebar development. so, where would u target at?

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 10:29
erm.... JB??? Lol!

hyenergix
19-08-13, 10:30
erm.... JB??? Lol!

Any freehold landed within 15 min drive from 1st and 2nd link ;)

mermaid
19-08-13, 10:31
aiyo! be serious la! :(

how can it be JB? :hell-hath-no-fury:

mcmlxxvi
19-08-13, 10:33

U never set up a poll with all districts as options what. So free form qn get freeform answer lor.

mermaid
19-08-13, 10:35
U never set up a poll with all districts as options what. So free form qn get freeform answer lor.

too late for u to poo la :tsk-tsk: :cheers1:

actually I dun really hv a gd list in mind tats y it is open ended lor :o

hyenergix
19-08-13, 10:38

With information from the locals. More Singaporeans are retiring there ;)

mermaid
19-08-13, 10:40
With information from the locals. More Singaporeans are retiring there ;)

if not including JB, where will u consider in sg?

PropertyNewbie
19-08-13, 10:43
SENGKANG!!!!

mermaid
19-08-13, 10:47
SENGKANG!!!!

SK quite developed now liao leh ... wats the rationale for targeting it oni now instead of a couple of yrs back?

taggy
19-08-13, 10:52
SK quite developed now liao leh ... wats the rationale for targeting it oni now instead of a couple of yrs back?

because pm mentioned sk riverwalk :cool:

star
19-08-13, 10:59
For ccr is tanjong pagar and marina bay. These two are the best for ccr.

leesg123
19-08-13, 11:01
For ccr is tanjong pagar and marina bay. These two are the best for ccr.
Too bad those area most are 99LH. By the time 2027, not much lease left.

taggy
19-08-13, 11:04
how about another question:

After hearing NDR 2013, who become willing to:
- pay 7% or 10% absd
- get lock for 4 yr ssd
- take up 50% or 40% ltv loan
- pass the TDSR 60% limit

:cool:

mermaid
19-08-13, 11:05

but these areas sure will enbloc de wor! :D

mermaid
19-08-13, 11:06
how about another question:

After hearing NDR 2013, who become willing to:
- pay 7% or 10% absd
- get lock for 4 yr ssd
- take up 50% or 40% ltv loan
- pass the TDSR 60% limit

:cool:

im willing to do the the above 3 if u help me wif number 4 :(

hyenergix
19-08-13, 11:13
if not including JB, where will u consider in sg?

Frankly the time frame of 20-30 years is too far. I prefer the current Jurong Lake District, Paya Lebar Central etc.

cavaliver
19-08-13, 11:20

Some of us also have less than 30 years lease by then :D

thomastansb
19-08-13, 11:21
I agree.

I think most of us won't be able to see the southern waterfront. Even a 10 years old kid now, he will be 40 by the time the southern waterfront take shape.

But I will add one more. Changi business park. Tanah Merah area will be upcoming I feel and compliment Paya Lebar.

Frankly the time frame of 20-30 years is too far. I prefer the current Jurong Lake District, Paya Lebar Central etc.

pool100
19-08-13, 11:24
The area near upper paya lebar including lor lew lian etc are all on plot ratio 1.4 due to the air base. I foresee plot ratio revising upward and more enblocs to come especially for the FH properties there.

chiaberry
19-08-13, 11:25

I think it's a clever move to announce the development of PLAB. It gets people around that area excited (like our current Waterview crowd). Remember that a lot of it is in Opposition territory. They may be hoping to win back some of the Opposition voters eventually. Or else redraw boundaries of Aljuneid GRC conveniently based on the redevelopment of PLAB. By that time, LHL's lease will also be running out.

star
19-08-13, 11:26
Gardens at the Airport. Garden by the bay II.

hyenergix
19-08-13, 11:29
I think it's a clever move to announce the development of PLAB. It gets people around that area excited (like our current Waterview crowd). Remember that a lot of it is in Opposition territory. They may be hoping to win back some of the Opposition voters eventually. Or else redraw boundaries of Aljuneid GRC conveniently based on the redevelopment of PLAB. By that time, LHL's lease will also be running out.

Stupid move to put foreign workers' quarters in the midst of landed property.

mermaid
19-08-13, 11:33
But I will add one more. Changi business park. Tanah Merah area will be upcoming I feel and compliment Paya Lebar.

y do u feel Tanah merah will compliment Paya Lebar?

wat new development r u looking at @ Paya Lebar Central?

taggy
19-08-13, 11:46
i see between the North East line and East West line,
the gap between hougang and pasir ris, or between hougang and tampines so big.
And since this paya leber airbase will become a big town, will they build one more mrt line starting from paya leber station and end at pasir ris coast ind park? or maybe just link to downtown line 3 for starting point

i anyhow guess one, dun flame me :D

GForce
19-08-13, 12:07
Jalan Kayu, SK West N areas near Greenwich will huat coz aerospace hub nearby
The likes of H2O will be grinning !
I not vested in H2O

star
19-08-13, 12:40

Onze @ tanjong pagar is freehold.

mermaid
19-08-13, 12:52
The area near upper paya lebar including lor lew lian etc are all on plot ratio 1.4 due to the air base. I foresee plot ratio revising upward and more enblocs to come especially for the FH properties there.

If PLAB is not set to shift in the near future, enbloc oso not so fast wor ...

equalizer
19-08-13, 13:02
If PLAB is not set to shift in the near future, enbloc oso not so fast wor ...

I am no engineer but in my mind, constructing a military airbase which will be mostly flat runways with low-rise air control towers and hangars/barracks is certainly less daunting than building a township or high-rise commercial buildings.

Demolishing and preparing PLA for tender bids is also going to be an relatively easier prospect as it is mostly flat land with just a few low rise buildings.

I would tend to agree that it might be a long drawn process if the land at Changi east has yet to be reclaimed but looking at the sat pics, it seems to be mostly there already.

CondoWE
19-08-13, 13:14
West coast FH landed or pc for me.

mermaid
19-08-13, 13:15
I am no engineer but in my mind, constructing a military airbase which will be mostly flat runways with low-rise air control towers and hangars/barracks is certainly less daunting than building a township or high-rise commercial buildings.

Demolishing and preparing PLA for tender bids is also going to be an relatively easier prospect as it is mostly flat land with just a few low rise buildings.

I would tend to agree that it might be a long drawn process if the land at Changi east has yet to be reclaimed but looking at the sat pics, it seems to be mostly there already.

construction & relocation wise definitely wun nid 10yrs but fm wat was gathered from PM's speech, the intention is not so soon ...

thomastansb
19-08-13, 13:50
Near mah...

y do u feel Tanah merah will compliment Paya Lebar?

wat new development r u looking at @ Paya Lebar Central?

equalizer
19-08-13, 14:11
construction & relocation wise definitely wun nid 10yrs but fm wat was gathered from PM's speech, the intention is not so soon ...

A long timeline is always mentioned to be on the safe side. From the speech, it seemed more like a reassurance that land can be mobilized quickly if required to meet the growing aspirations of Singaporeans.

To me, it actually seems quite doable in a relatively shorter frame of time. Its all a question of how urgent the need is or the brownie points they want to score (no intention of getting into a political discussion tho').

mermaid
19-08-13, 14:17
A long timeline is always mentioned to be on the safe side. From the speech, it seemed more like a reassurance that land can be mobilized quickly if required to meet the growing aspirations of Singaporeans.

To me, it actually seems quite doable in a relatively shorter frame of time. Its all a question of how urgent the need is or the brownie points they want to score (no intention of getting into a political discussion tho').

put it tis way, yr boy/girlfriend tells u:
continue to love me, I will sure marry u 20 yrs later :D
方向遥远;意思浅浅 :47:

fiat500
19-08-13, 15:19
What we want to see is something 5-10yrs down the road at most! Not something 20-25yrs from now..
By than, not sure PAP will still be around or not!

amk
19-08-13, 15:23
all these grand plans are strategic directions the gov plan in long term. to give ppl hope and aspirations.

if you are going to plan your investment now based on these, you are really too excited.

Wild Falcon
19-08-13, 16:03
i think all these developments at Paya Lebar would make all those 99LH condos at the far east of Singapore highly unattractive. If there is an avalanche of developments in Paya Lebar, who in the right mind would want to stay in Tampines or Punggol? Not forgetting all 99LH and far from town center and where there are going to have so many options nearer to town center, who would want to move to those places? There is no nature and no open spaces, the entire eastern part of Singapore would be where the the influx to hit 7 million population will be congregating. I think the airport actually add some open space to that area. Can't imagine it will become a horrible high rise town.

And imagine a 2 HDB towns the size of Bishan and Ang Mo Kio smacked between all the faraway eastside HDB and condos like Sengkang and Tanah Merah, those sure will die. With so many better options, who would want to go that far? unless those Indians working at Changi Business Park.

mermaid
19-08-13, 16:10
i think all these developments at Paya Lebar would make all those 99LH condos at the far east of Singapore highly unattractive. If there is an avalanche of developments in Paya Lebar, who in the right mind would want to stay in Tampines or Punggol? Not forgetting all 99LH and far from town center and where there are going to have so many options nearer to town center, who would want to move to those places? There is no nature and no open spaces, the entire eastern part of Singapore would be where the the influx to hit 7 million population will be congregating. I think the airport actually add some open space to that area. Can't imagine it will become a horrible high rise town.

still will hv demands for the exteme east condos de la --> the not so talented locals lor, haha ...

paya lebar is freed up for the 1mil rich FT leh, u tink until where liao! :D

earthling
19-08-13, 17:05
There is already a beautiful little gem sitting right in the middle of the east region ;)

flxcat
19-08-13, 22:07
I will buy the forgotten Tg Rhu condo belt where Pebble Bay is. Quantum is bigger due to its large apartment size, but psf is quite close to many newly launched RCR or even some OCR condo. :D

3C
19-08-13, 22:16
Wait for one more big announcement. If this is confirmed far east will huat from east to west. Is good that many still has doubt in the east. This will slow the rise until I accumulate my bullets.

walkthetiger
19-08-13, 23:02
Wait for one more big announcement. If this is confirmed far east will huat from east to west. Is good that many still has doubt in the east. This will slow the rise until I accumulate my bullets.

MRT line again.

minority
19-08-13, 23:21
I say best by is change. u all miss the jewel of the east.

henryhk
20-08-13, 06:39
Yes, other than the Jurong gateway now, the west is like shit.....hardly much development......I stay west feel so neglected, tats why after initial investment in the west....I wack Minton and Nin condo, many agents say the east got the rich people, must buy there...in future for my kids, I will still buy condo there, I will not be able to enjoy the development but we should always put our $ in a growth market, ....this is wat I learn punting and cheonging the market...

leonglp
20-08-13, 07:01
Probably would be good to avoid Pasir Panjang from now on....

1. Harbour view no more.
2. May replace with high rise condos that block your current 'sea view'.
3. Agents start to sell current Pasir Panjang @future prices.

Jurong rental prices may go even higher with Tuas West development

:2cents:

jslee78
20-08-13, 07:11
Beijing vs shanghai, Sydney vs Melbourne, Saigon vs Hanoi , east Malaysia vs west Malaysia, northern china vs southern china, now western spore vs eastern spore, Are the divide between them man made or natural? The argument will continue forever.

ecimbew
20-08-13, 07:44

And imagine a 2 HDB towns the size of Bishan and Ang Mo Kio smacked between all the faraway eastside HDB and condos like Sengkang and Tanah Merah, those sure will die. With so many better options, who would want to go that far? unless those Indians working at Changi Business Park.

I see possibility of additional expressway and mrt line.

ecimbew
20-08-13, 07:45
Beijing vs shanghai, Sydney vs Melbourne, Saigon vs Hanoi , east Malaysia vs west Malaysia, northern china vs southern china, now western spore vs eastern spore, Are the divide between them man made or natural? The argument will continue forever.

Correct

Singapore is so small. What are we discussing about exactly? 100m away from mrt station? 5km to city hall?

mermaid
20-08-13, 09:22
Probably would be good to avoid Pasir Panjang from now on....

1. Harbour view no more.
2. May replace with high rise condos that block your current 'sea view'.
3. Agents start to sell current Pasir Panjang @future prices.

Jurong rental prices may go even higher with Tuas West development

:2cents:

jurong $ can be marketed higher with Tuas West development. but whether buyers r willing to pay for such a premium or not is another qn ...
personally I dun really like residential to be too near industrial ...

thomastansb
20-08-13, 09:38
Ya. I would not want either. Somemore, Tuas is the future port. The air there will be really bad. Wuldn't want to risk my health.

jurong $ can be marketed higher with Tuas West development. but whether buyers r willing to pay for such a premium or not is another qn ...
personally I dun really like residential to be too near industrial ...

mermaid
20-08-13, 09:46
Ya. I would not want either. Somemore, Tuas is the future port. The air there will be really bad. Wuldn't want to risk my health.

in the past, west is - inconvenient, quite polluted but cheap.
in future the west will be - inconvenient, toxic & expensive :doh:

clemdale24
20-08-13, 11:20
in the past, west is - inconvenient, quite polluted but cheap.
in future the west will be - inconvenient, toxic & expensive :doh:

After all this talk about PLAB, does anyone realise that it will take years, most likely decades for it to eventualise? someone previously cited punggol as an example. it was first mentioned in 1996, and today, it is at best half accomplished. Quite a few years ahead of more construction work and development.

As for where to invest... i think its safe to say investing anywhere in the east will make u a profit in the future. be it northeast, east coast, or far east. my personal opinion is that the areas in between PLAB and the city will benefit most in the long run - this refers to areas like geylang, dakota, marine parade, bendemeer, potong pasir, bartley. (Price) comparison will always be made between PLAB homes and homes in btw PLAB and the city. I think what most ppl are forgetting is the impending annoucement of the ERL, which is more likely to affect prices in the shorter term than PLAB. east coast residents will stand to gain from this.

As for the west, well, i cannot say much as ive never lived in the west. Jurong "may" make it in time to come. no one knows and only time will tell. J gateway price of $1400-$1700 might seem crazy now, but may be it wont in the future. and if jurong makes it, certainly all property in btw jurong and the city will increase in price too. So i dont know.. let's see.

mermaid
20-08-13, 11:40
After all this talk about PLAB, does anyone realise that it will take years, most likely decades for it to eventualise?

agree, but put it tis way. 20yrs later, a 40yrs old ppty near PLAB vs a 40yrs old ppty in eg west/north ... which one better?

J gateway price of $1400-$1700 might seem crazy now, but may be it wont in the future. and if jurong makes it, certainly all property in btw jurong and the city will increase in price too. So i dont know.. let's see.

I nvr deny the fact tat J gateway will able to hit eg $2000psf say 3 yrs later, earning a profit of $300psf (assume $2000 - $1700). However, while Jurong is collecting such profit, other projects in CCR/RCR might hv alrdy collected a way higher profit 3 yrs later.

k00L
22-08-13, 00:52
I think this is how it works

1. Mr LHL sells a grand-vision
2. Everyone gets excited and now talks about where to invest
3. Developers hear the cue and starting bidding up the land at even higher price
Agents promote the primary launches saying it is near paya labar, southern city, changi, bidadari, tengah, north innovation corridor, etc - now every piece of land in Singapore is near some promising pot of gold - and condo gets sold out like Jgateway
4. Higher land sales proceeds go into National reserves
5. HDB runs ever higher deficit due to more grants given to 2/3/4-room buyers
6. National reserves pay HDB to fund these grants

Very nice way to transfer wealth from condo buyers to HDB first-timers - kudos to our government!

Arcachon
22-08-13, 01:23
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1167368_10200896863676781_510146104_o.jpg

Arcachon
22-08-13, 01:27
After all this talk about PLAB, does anyone realise that it will take years, most likely decades for it to eventualise? someone previously cited punggol as an example. it was first mentioned in 1996, and today, it is at best half accomplished. Quite a few years ahead of more construction work and development.

Runway and Shelters completed.

Metal & Fabric Aircraft Shelters

http://www.edlconstruction.com/images/metal_aircraft_hangars1.jpg

http://www.edlconstruction.com/aircraft_sheltersbckup.html

http://goo.gl/maps/09Cy0

KC and folker

http://goo.gl/maps/jnasq

Arcachon
22-08-13, 01:44
Very nice way to transfer wealth from condo buyers to HDB first-timers - kudos to our government!

Don't understand, how condo buyers transfer wealth.

When I buy Jun 2006 2 Bedroom at Southbank for SGD 535,000 who transfer to me.

Arcachon
22-08-13, 01:58

28 parking slot ready at Changi.

http://goo.gl/maps/zjhrH

mermaid
22-08-13, 09:12
I think this is how it works

1. Mr LHL sells a grand-vision
2. Everyone gets excited and now talks about where to invest
3. Developers hear the cue and starting bidding up the land at even higher price
Agents promote the primary launches saying it is near paya labar, southern city, changi, bidadari, tengah, north innovation corridor, etc - now every piece of land in Singapore is near some promising pot of gold - and condo gets sold out like Jgateway
4. Higher land sales proceeds go into National reserves
5. HDB runs ever higher deficit due to more grants given to 2/3/4-room buyers
6. National reserves pay HDB to fund these grants

hey! u hv pieced up the puzzle! :smiling-jap:

minority
22-08-13, 10:32
Don't understand, how condo buyers transfer wealth.

When I buy Jun 2006 2 Bedroom at Southbank for SGD 535,000 who transfer to me.

how much is south bank now?

Arcachon
23-08-13, 00:21
SGD 535,000 until I have sold mine.