PDA

View Full Version : Tranquil homes in the north a draw

reporter2
14-08-13, 13:29
http://www.straitstimes.com/archive/saturday/premium/money/story/tranquil-homes-the-north-draw-20130810

HOT SPOT

Tranquil homes in the north a draw

Checking out the page views on the STProperty website gives an instant snapshot of what projects buyers are keen on. This week, we look at the developments in Districts 26, 27 and 28 drawing the most attention.

Published on Aug 10, 2013

By Rachel Scully

BUYERS are often attracted to homes in the north for the tranquillity and range of amenities.

There are golf courses in Sembawang, Orchid and Seletar country clubs, as well as nature reserves and reservoirs.

Residents can commute via the North-South MRT Line which takes them to Jurong East, the shopping belt at Orchard Road and the Central Business District.

The Upper Thomson and Springleaf areas make up District 26, featuring many eateries and a wide selection of private homes.

Coming out tops by page views on STProperty for private homes in the district between July 22 and 28 was the 390-unit Seasons Park.

The 99-year leasehold project had the lowest average asking price of $915 per sq ft (psf) for its two- and three- and more bedders among the top five condos in the district.

In second place by page views was Meadows @ Peirce, a 479-unit freehold project in Upper Thomson Road, which had the highest average asking price.

Listings on the STProperty site showed that it had an average asking price of $1,252 psf for its one-, two- and three- and more bedder units.

The average transacted price, based on Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) data from January to June, was $1,226 psf.

Farther north lies District 27, facing the Strait of Johor and covering the Sembawang and Yishun estates.

Homebuyers can relax at the Lower Seletar Reservoir, Sembawang hot spring and the Bottle Tree Village, or occupy themselves at Sembawang and Northpoint shopping centres.

The Estuary attracted the most page views and had the highest average asking price on STProperty in the July 22 to 28 week in District 27.

The 608-unit development had an average asking price of $1,147 psf for its one-, two- and three and more bedder units.

Canberra Residences took second spot by page views, and also had the next highest average asking price across the 320-unit condo.

The 99-year leasehold project had an average asking price of $1,114 psf for its one-, two- and three and more bedders.

Last but not least is District 28 which covers parts of Yio Chu Kang and Seletar, former home of the British naval and air bases.

The Seletar Aerospace Park, to serve Singapore's aviation industries, is expected to be ready next year.

Residents who want to relax can do so at the nearby Upper and Lower Seletar reservoirs.

The Seletar Mall is also expected to be ready by next year.

Topping private homes by page views on STProperty for the period was H2O Residences which has a 99-year leasehold.

It had an average asking price of $968 psf for its two- and three and more bedder units.

But it was 319-unit The Greenwich which had the highest average asking price among the top five in the district at $1,369 psf.

This was for its one-, two- and three and more bedder units.

Rounding out the top five projects by page views in the district are Serenity Park, Seletar Springs Condo and Seletar Park Residence.

[email protected]

leesg123
14-08-13, 19:20
haha rubbish article. is because it is CHEAPER or CHEAPEST than other desirable districts.

TravieJackie
16-08-13, 09:51
A lot of people don't like the north because of the CTE. But it's a more desirable place to live than the West for me.

For renting out, I won't buy a North for investment though.

Pro888
16-08-13, 14:00
A lot of people don't like the north because of the CTE. But it's a more desirable place to live than the West for me.

I also dun like North, but i follow the wind, not the emotion, brother. :D

wind30
16-08-13, 19:15

actually I think the CTE traffic nowadays are much better than the expressway leading into north.

Check your google map traffic everyday if you don't believe me...

azeoprop
16-08-13, 19:57
actually I think the CTE traffic nowadays are much better than the expressway leading into north.

Check your google map traffic everyday if you don't believe me...

Nowadays is PIE between BKE and KJE that is always jam. :doh: