PDA

View Full Version : Our sg conversation

chestnut
11-08-13, 06:31
Very interesting read.... Reckon it will be the framework for the future

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.oursgconversation.sg/reflections/OSC.pdf

https://www.oursgconversation.sg/

So glad to see Singaporeans more caring than always thinking about money

:D :D :D :D

solsys
11-08-13, 08:39

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.oursgconversation.sg/reflections/OSC.pdf

Have to care because we are a declining species in this island just like our hawker fare. :D

phantom_opera
11-08-13, 10:14
whatever equal and fair, we need bigger pie to redistribute

median salary 3.3k only

70pc of cpf member has less than 4k pay

we will need to double our GDP in next 20y to reach first world pay

so far pap did a good job in restricting unproductive credit growth to ensure a long flight path for soft landing so may be tweak to EC to ensure no big gain that's all

Heathcare?? expect top up to medisave

singaporeans oredi put in 10y of sacrifice to ensure we are competitive

now KL Beijing n Bombay has lost competitiveness

so we can afford to up employer cpf contribution a bit

Allthepies
11-08-13, 10:48

Thanks for sharing this link, if u didnt share I dont even know they have come up with a report....:cheers1: :cheers1:

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 10:50
I will be revealed on next Sunday's rally. :)

Allthepies
11-08-13, 11:03
We really need a strong, happy, caring Singapore for us to enjoy our retirement in peace!

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 11:13
I felt displaced when I was at the marina bay area during the national day. 3 in 4 people are foreigners.

chestnut
11-08-13, 11:20
I felt displaced when I was at the marina bay area during the national day. 3 in 4 people are foreigners.

So you felt like you were New York in summer :confused: :confused:

Hahahahahaha

;)

I alway feel that way when I take the lift in any building.

Hahahaha

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 11:25
Shall hear from PM Lee at national day rally on moving forward. .:D

Hahahahahaha

;)

Hahahaha

minority
11-08-13, 11:40

This means we have reached the international stage. Check out NY TOKYO SF LONDON PARIS etc its always have a international population. That's what make living there fun n interesting.

star
11-08-13, 12:22
Those complain one maybe still haven't make it in life. Give everyone two properties, one for own stay and one for rental. I think after that everyone will scream PAP. Opposition got wipe out. But not possible lah u got to earn it yourself.

chestnut
11-08-13, 12:34
Those complain one maybe still haven't make it in life. Give everyone two properties, one for own stay and one for rental. I think after that everyone will scream PAP. Opposition got wipe out. But not possible lah u got to earn it yourself.

Sis, if everyone got 2 properties w 1 for rental.... Assume fully paid... Then no one will work leh....

That is the worry... ;)

Molotov
11-08-13, 17:02
You are nothing but a PAP lackey. ..sighzz

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 17:06
Do not worry. Even doctors or lawyers who are graduated from the same uni are different. Some prefer to take risk while others work for people. :p
Sis, if everyone got 2 properties w 1 for rental.... Assume fully paid... Then no one will work leh....

That is the worry... ;)

chestnut
11-08-13, 17:22
Do not worry. Even doctors or lawyers who are graduated from the same uni are different. Some prefer to take risk while others work for people. :p

Hahahaha...

Bro, 80-20 rule... 20 will take risk... 80 will put money in bank...

Hahahaha
:cheers4: :cheers4:

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 17:26
Yup! It is a good rule to follow. Glad to know this is a norm. Otherwise, no one will work hard for money in the rat race. Unfortunately, the rat gets fatter as they run the race and some got to leave due to I'll health while others got kick out as they run slower with age and not able to compete with younger ones. :scared-5:
Hahahaha...

Hahahaha

chestnut
11-08-13, 17:57
Yup! It is a good rule to follow. Glad to know this is a norm. Otherwise, no one will work hard for money in the rat race. Unfortunately, the rat gets fatter as they run the race and some got to leave due to I'll health while others got kick out as they run slower with age and not able to compete with younger ones. :scared-5:

Bro, it's true what you say.... Technology today - either you embrace it with open arms or you are left in the dust....

I have seen 2 guys early 40s - 1 struck with stroke and the other heart attack...

I have seen many in the office unable to keep up with the pace of the new world and worry because they have a family commitment...

Bro, as for the 80-20 rule... Bro, in the biz world, we really use this...

Take a look - 20% of the people own 80% of the wealth in Singapore... And the 80% own 20% of the wealth...

Cheers bro

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 18:05
Top 20% pay most of the tax of singapore. :scared-3: in biz, we nurture top 20% to take on important positions.:p
Bro, it's true what you say.... Technology today - either you embrace it with open arms or you are left in the dust....

I have seen 2 guys early 40s - 1 struck with stroke and the other heart attack...

I have seen many in the office unable to keep up with the pace of the new world and worry because they have a family commitment...

Bro, as for the 80-20 rule... Bro, in the biz world, we really use this...

Take a look - 20% of the people own 80% of the wealth in Singapore... And the 80% own 20% of the wealth...

Cheers bro

chestnut
11-08-13, 18:23
Top 20% pay most of the tax of singapore. :scared-3: in biz, we nurture top 20% to take on important positions.:p

What is the efficient ratio???

1 manager, how many staff reporting to him/her???

I PC, how many section report to him???

That's how it works bro...

There will be some difference around but 80-20 is reference...

Cheers..

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 18:26
Can you see how the bees org chart like? :D
What is the efficient ratio???

1 manager, how many staff reporting to him/her???

I PC, how many section report to him???

That's how it works bro...

There will be some difference around but 80-20 is reference...

Cheers..

chestnut
11-08-13, 18:31
Can you see how the bees org chart like? :D

Bro, we are in a honey comb....

Or should I say bee hive...

DC33_2008
11-08-13, 20:50
;) :cheers4:
Bro, we are in a honey comb....

Or should I say bee hive...

newbie11
12-08-13, 01:17
Vivo on Thursday is packed with FT and foreigners. Nex today has many PRC.

I was actually looking forward to go home for space and peace. This is no gd.

chestnut
12-08-13, 07:21

Bro, at least immigration slowed down a bit.... That's what we are told:confused:

radha08
12-08-13, 07:51
Bro, at least immigration slowed down a bit.... That's what we are told:confused:

every long weekend or holiday you can see thousands of sporeans at changi airport flying out to nearby destinations...they cannot take the crowd here:banghead:

mcmlxxvi
12-08-13, 08:38

Hahahahahaha

;)

Hahahaha

if u take lifts in mbfc towers, sinkies are a rare sight. only during lunch hour u see them come out in droves while the ft like to order sandwich in or pack lunches or ask the locals help tabao. lol

mcmlxxvi
12-08-13, 08:41
every long weekend or holiday you can see thousands of sporeans at changi airport flying out to nearby destinations...they cannot take the crowd here:banghead:

i m actually proud to share that i got lost in orchard yday from all the new construction works going on lol. after so long nebber been.

onglai
12-08-13, 12:48

Hahahahahaha

;)

Hahahaha

actually there is no difference whether u are in the lift or mrt with many foreigners, since u dont talk to them anyway..

unless they have bo:D :D :D

minority
12-08-13, 23:52

I go Nex I see all heart land people. wat PRC... u go walk in toilet and see the cleaners is it.?

DC33_2008
17-08-13, 10:10
Got to know a young couple in an event who are from the region. They live in one of the bungalows in sentosa cove. How did they get there? Property investment was the answer. They are making other kind of ins vestment since 2009 to diversify risk. Singaporean will be displaced in 10 years time by these groups if garment do nothing about it.
if u take lifts in mbfc towers, sinkies are a rare sight. only during lunch hour u see them come out in droves while the ft like to order sandwich in or pack lunches or ask the locals help tabao. lol

minority
18-08-13, 05:34
Hahahaha...

Hahahaha

The 80 put money in bank now is kpkb ing. coz MTB..

minority
18-08-13, 05:40
Got to know a young couple in an event who are from the region. They live in one of the bungalows in sentosa cove. How did they get there? Property investment was the answer. They are making other kind of ins vestment since 2009 to diversify risk. Singaporean will be displaced in 10 years time by these groups if garment do nothing about it.

why everything depend on government to do us the people? The goverment create a fair play ground. if people donno how to work the field. is it the field problem?

Maybe when people start to see they need to work on it. if not someone else will come claim the field then perhaps they will sit up and start working than sitting ard hoping things drop from sky.

Actually if ah kong keep helping its like creating weaklings. when ah kong can no longer help all will just die.

So I say come all should come so people will sit up and get real. instead of sucking thumb hoping for gold to drop from sky.

amk
18-08-13, 10:52

But this 80 has the vote, my friend...

Come to think of it, SG was indeed a miracle, that the PAP is able to run through unpopular policies for so long. Out of these policies, some ( or many ?) turn out to be right. Had these been dictated by popular vote, SG would have never been what it is today.

... Although LKY denied Shaw brothers to run Sentosa... I always wonder if Shaw had the chance to run it, would we have a lively entertainment industry just like HK ?

Rosy
18-08-13, 11:17
I believe it is the younger generations who are joining the workforce lately making the most cyber noise.

To be fair, the population and property prices had increased too rapidly since 2006. I am not saying it is the fault of the government as Singapore is not the only country 'suffering' from it. However, i can partly understand why they make noises.

minority
18-08-13, 13:56
But this 80 has the vote, my friend...

Come to think of it, SG was indeed a miracle, that the PAP is able to run through unpopular policies for so long. Out of these policies, some ( or many ?) turn out to be right. Had these been dictated by popular vote, SG would have never been what it is today.

... Although LKY denied Shaw brothers to run Sentosa... I always wonder if Shaw had the chance to run it, would we have a lively entertainment industry just like HK ?

Actually to the HKers Singapore is doing much better than HK.