PDA

View Full Version : Do you co relate property prices with the economy

chestnut
08-08-13, 05:51
Do you think prices will crash if economy is growing????

http://www.stjobs.sg/career-resources/money-matters/economists-cut-full-year-growth-forecast-for-spore/a/122918

http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/surveys/~/media/MAS/Monetary%20Policy%20and%20Economics/The%20Singapore%20Economy/SPF/Survey%20Writeup%20Mar2013.pdf

Look at the past years ppi... When did the prices tanked???

1997, 2008. Now ask yourself this question, why????

Of course if you consider a 5-10% drop to be a crash, I cannot argue with you, after all it is your definition....

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

chestnut
08-08-13, 06:09
Honestly, I see so many kan cheong spiders in this forum leh... Rental drop a bit, scream sky drop... Interest climb up a bit, shout take cover.... Economy drop a bit, whole world coming to an end...

Aiyo, why so pessimistic????? Honestly, if so scared... I can imagine this people play stocks...:doh: :doh: :doh:

Aiyo, my Citibank shares I bot last time a thousand shares @ 20 dollar than bot some more @ 1.50 dropped to 1.... Also like that wat... Of course now is @ 5+ (actual price is 50+ because of reverse split).

Aiya... Relax lar... This kan cheong, that kan cheong... My advise is please keep in fd in the bank and split up into multiple 50k hor... Hahahahahaha

Let me tell you, the CM is the best thing that happened to all this kan cheong spiders.... It cause the bubble to stop forming... I will not say anymore... It's about time all this kan cheong spiders start using their brains...

This forum will not have such force to move the market in buying or selling lar... You ask around your friends, how many heard of this forum... Hahahahahaha

:cheers5: :cheers6: :cheers4:

indomie
08-08-13, 08:54
Bank of England to keep stimulus until unemployment drops to 7%

August 7, 2013, 7:28 a.m.
WASHINGTON -- The Bank of England on Wednesday said it would maintain its stimulus program until the unemployment rate falls to 7%, following the same strategy as the U.S. Federal Reserve in providing an explicit target for when it would raise interest rates.

The unemployment rate in Britain is 7.8% and is not forecast to drop to 7% for at least two years.

The unemployment rate would need to fall to 7% before the bank's Monetary Policy Committee would consider raising its short-term interest rate from 0.5% and halting its bond-buying program, said Mark Carney, who took over as head of the British central bank last month.

If the global central banks co-relate stimulus with employment, it directly co-relate with property in sg. It means the stimulus will be open ended and long term. It means the age of exploration to the east is begining all over again. In the old age the kings of europe funding their explorers to the east to find resources. In this age they can do the same with the click of the mouse. We have to defend our own wealth. Selling cheap is not very wise.

3C
08-08-13, 09:31
Hi chestnut & indo
You are back.
Well done Coming back to calm the kan cheong spidermen.

indomie
08-08-13, 09:32
I don't understand the talk of capital pull back and stimulus tapering. Why on earth the west withdrawing their weapons and ammunitions (money) from the east, while they are in the midst of "economic war" in the east. What would they do with the money after they pull back their capital? They cannot eat the money.

chestnut
08-08-13, 09:55
Oops, typo error... I did not buy a thousand shares of Citibank shares. I bought a few thousand Citibank shares at US$50 a pop.

Hahahahaha... No need to kan cheong...

But honestly, even if you all sell, it is ok for me lar... Why? You may ask? You are not related to me wat.... Hahahahaha

In fact, if they sell and don't know other instruments to play with, they will wind up poorer... Because of inflation

Look at 1900, then 1950, then 1960, then 1970, then 1980, then 1990, then fast forward to 2013. Tell me the price of noodle at each point. Tell me the price of property at each point?????

OPEN your eyes. Now OPEN your brains even bigger...

:eek:

thomastansb
08-08-13, 10:09
Gan chiong also no point. Might as well relax and just collect rental. If it drops, it drops. So be it. A drop is inevitable and after that, a rise will follow. Anyway, rental is so strong now, who cares...

Honestly, I see so many kan cheong spiders in this forum leh... Rental drop a bit, scream sky drop... Interest climb up a bit, shout take cover.... Economy drop a bit, whole world coming to an end...

Aiyo, why so pessimistic????? Honestly, if so scared... I can imagine this people play stocks...:doh: :doh: :doh:

Aiyo, my Citibank shares I bot last time a thousand shares @ 20 dollar than bot some more @ 1.50 dropped to 1.... Also like that wat... Of course now is @ 5+ (actual price is 50+ because of reverse split).

Aiya... Relax lar... This kan cheong, that kan cheong... My advise is please keep in fd in the bank and split up into multiple 50k hor... Hahahahahaha

Let me tell you, the CM is the best thing that happened to all this kan cheong spiders.... It cause the bubble to stop forming... I will not say anymore... It's about time all this kan cheong spiders start using their brains...

This forum will not have such force to move the market in buying or selling lar... You ask around your friends, how many heard of this forum... Hahahahahaha

:cheers5: :cheers6: :cheers4:

Lovelle
08-08-13, 10:16
Hdb cov goin down vs rcr price gain of 1.2%

Looks like hdb is getting the brunt of gov measures....

walkthetiger
08-08-13, 10:23
Gan chiong also no point. Might as well relax and just collect rental. If it drops, it drops. So be it. A drop is inevitable and after that, a rise will follow. Anyway, rental is so strong now, who cares...

A drop is inevitable....anyway, rental is so strong, who cares....
:confused:

chestnut
08-08-13, 10:40
Let me give my view on CM...

CM has actually prevented a bubble from being formed.... If not a similar 'sub-prime to US' would have occurred.

Those who sell now, is really hope they know what to do with the cash...

CM already prevent all the weaklings from coming in....

So if immigration still persist, what will happen....

If the govt really wanted the prices to drop, the easiest was to allow the developer who bidded highest to win (even though it fell below reserve price). So why did they not do that???? :confused: :doh: :doh: aiyo... Hint already there wat....

Do you think QE tapering will if US is in shit??? So if tapering happens, it is because US is recovering right????

Just like, if immigration increases, do you think inflation will happen??? Good or bad??? Up to you... But property prices will go up rite??? So if you vested - good. If you not vested - kpkb.... Hahahahahaha

I have filtered out all the kpkb already... They will not affect my emotions... I control how I want to feel and only three of us can control the emotions... Who are this 3???? Me, myself and I. Hahahahahaha

So Bottomline... I am all for CMs.... This will assist those who cannot think...

Hip hip hooray CM :cheers3:

Selamat Hari Raya bros and sis...

:47: :47: :47:

Kelonguni
08-08-13, 10:48
Hdb cov goin down vs rcr price gain of 1.2%

Looks like hdb is getting the brunt of gov measures....

As long as there is cov, it just means prices are increasing, at a slower rate.

Unless we see CUV, possible?

DC33_2008
08-08-13, 10:54
CMs has shut the doors of many who use properties as a means of retirement planning. :cheers1:
Let me give my view on CM...

CM has actually prevented a bubble from being formed.... If not a similar 'sub-prime to US' would have occurred.

Those who sell now, is really hope they know what to do with the cash...

CM already prevent all the weaklings from coming in....

So if immigration still persist, what will happen....

If the govt really wanted the prices to drop, the easiest was to allow the developer who bidded highest to win (even though it fell below reserve price). So why did they not do that???? :confused: :doh: :doh: aiyo... Hint already there wat....

Do you think QE tapering will if US is in shit??? So if tapering happens, it is because US is recovering right????

Just like, if immigration increases, do you think inflation will happen??? Good or bad??? Up to you... But property prices will go up rite??? So if you vested - good. If you not vested - kpkb.... Hahahahahaha

I have filtered out all the kpkb already... They will not affect my emotions... I control how I want to feel and only three of us can control the emotions... Who are this 3???? Me, myself and I. Hahahahahaha

So Bottomline... I am all for CMs.... This will assist those who cannot think...

Hip hip hooray CM :cheers3:

Selamat Hari Raya bros and sis...

:47: :47: :47:

chestnut
08-08-13, 11:00
Dear bros and sis, read this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_bubble

http://www.singaporepropertycycle.com.sg/property-cycles/singapore-property-cycle-summary-of-past-cycles/

Remember, the stock market is forward looking... Your indication will come from the stock market....

Use your brain.... If you believe in voodoo, soothsayers who spout nonsense, what can I say???? Hahahahahaha

Some people claim to have 3rd eye... Actually it is a keloid. Hahahaha

chestnut
08-08-13, 11:01
CMs has shut the doors of many who use properties as a means of retirement planning. :cheers1:

Bro, DC... If don't have CM. I now would have bought at least another 4 more units..... The 10% damn hard to swallow... I did pay a 3% though.... Hahahaha

Lucky man...

:cheers3: :cheers3:

chestnut
08-08-13, 11:05
As long as there is cov, it just means prices are increasing, at a slower rate.

Unless we see CUV, possible?

CUV is possible. During deep recession...

star
08-08-13, 11:32
National day special: cm 1 to cm7 remove for a day. :D

DC33_2008
08-08-13, 11:53
Already contributed too much tax and do not want to contribute more. :(
Bro, DC... If don't have CM. I now would have bought at least another 4 more units..... The 10% damn hard to swallow... I did pay a 3% though.... Hahahaha

Lucky man...

:cheers3: :cheers3:

3centsworth
08-08-13, 12:43
In attempting to identify bubbles before they burst, economists have developed a number of financial ratios and economic indicators that can be used to evaluate whether homes in a given area are fairly valued. By comparing current levels to previous levels that have proven unsustainable in the past (i.e. led to or at least accompanied crashes), one can make an educated guess as to whether a given real estate market is experiencing a bubble. Indicators describe two interwoven aspects of housing bubble: a valuation component and a debt (or leverage) component. The valuation component measures how expensive houses are relative to what most people can afford, and the debt component measures how indebted households become in buying them for home or profit (and also how much exposure the banks accumulate by lending for them).

Chestnut brother gives us a link to the definition of what constitutes a housing bubble. It is informative to know if the economic indicators are signalling the beginning of a bubble (or like what REDAS chief mentioned " a inflection point" ). I personally think the government has intervened timely with a staggered series of measures to prevent a runaway housing bubble. This is good for those who genuinely want to own a property and also for investors who desire a decent return on their investment.

ecimbew
08-08-13, 13:06
In attempting to identify bubbles before they burst, economists have developed a number of financial ratios and economic indicators that can be used to evaluate whether homes in a given area are fairly valued. By comparing current levels to previous levels that have proven unsustainable in the past (i.e. led to or at least accompanied crashes), one can make an educated guess as to whether a given real estate market is experiencing a bubble. Indicators describe two interwoven aspects of housing bubble: a valuation component and a debt (or leverage) component. The valuation component measures how expensive houses are relative to what most people can afford, and the debt component measures how indebted households become in buying them for home or profit (and also how much exposure the banks accumulate by lending for them).

Chestnut brother gives us a link to the definition of what constitutes a housing bubble. It is informative to know if the economic indicators are signalling the beginning of a bubble (or like what REDAS chief mentioned " a inflection point" ). I personally think the government has intervened timely with a staggered series of measures to prevent a runaway housing bubble. This is good for those who genuinely want to own a property and also for investors who desire a decent return on their investment.

It's so lyrical. I love it.

chestnut
08-08-13, 13:42
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18468&page=3

pool100
08-08-13, 23:47
I was in shanghai recently and I was shocked that prices of properties rose about 10 fold since 2005. And despite that, prices keep going up and if not for their govt's restriction in number of properties that one can buy, I think it'll go much higher.

When i told my shanghai friends about our average housing prices, their only reaction were "very cheap" considering our low interest rates. They can't understand why we kpkb about high prices. In fact, they started enquiring how they can buy properties here.

I'm convinced that the prices of yesteryear r gone. We're at the mercy of massive global inflow of funds from giants like china and India. Ask any china or Indian friends where they would want to consider buying properties and Singapore is definitely one of the top considerations. Want to sell cheap? I believe we have substantial foreign demand waiting to buy them off you. I'm not talking about high end CCR properties. Nowadays, new players have shifted their focus to RCR and OCR probably due to the relative lower quantums.

This is what I think will happen.. When hdb n BTO have stabilized and there is sufficient supply in the markets (as many have forecasted in the TOPs over the next 3 years), govt will open the flood gates to foreigners after GE2016. They will need the numbers to keep up w GDP growth. It's a no brainer. So if there is any price weakness in the next couple of years, just buy. You won't go wrong.

Remember, Singapore is unlike any other countries. We r an island and land is limited. Even far flung pasir ris or jurong west are no longer considered ulu. Prices can only go up in the long run.

chestnut
09-08-13, 06:47
Look at the ppi chart

http://www.singaporepropertycycle.com.sg/market-trends/singapore-property-price-index/

1999 was the lowest point after Asian crisis.... Ppi was about 100. Today, ppi is about 215... More than double right??? Hahahahahaha

WAIT!!!!!!!!

Have u guys heard of this word - INFLATION??????? Hahahahahaha

Yes - INFLATION...

Lets assume inflation ave of 3% from 1999 to 2013 - 14 years...

PPI will move from 100(year 1998) to 151(year 2013)
So property price only rose from 151 to 214. About 39% percent over 14 years. Hahahahahaha

Do you own calculation.... Hahahahahaha

Today I good mood....

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm

;) :cheers2:

wirehtc
09-08-13, 07:20
This is what I think will happen.. When hdb n BTO have stabilized and there is sufficient supply in the markets (as many have forecasted in the TOPs over the next 3 years), govt will open the flood gates to foreigners after GE2016. They will need the numbers to keep up w GDP growth. It's a no brainer. So if there is any price weakness in the next couple of years, just buy. You won't go wrong.

Remember, Singapore is unlike any other countries. We r an island and land is limited. Even far flung pasir ris or jurong west are no longer considered ulu. Prices can only go up in the long run.

I share the same view. Once prices have stabilised and people are locked into their properties this year, more workers will be allowed to come in (likely next year), especially to support the new industries. Singapore cannot be producing these knowledge workers overnight. So it is good to have properties near these new industries areas.

chestnut
09-08-13, 07:35
This is by MAS

https://secure.mas.gov.sg/calculator/goodsandservices.aspx

jslee78
09-08-13, 08:03
One possible way to increase the immigrant quota without too much complaints from the Singaporean Core, is to allow larger pool of Singaporean core to get richer via owning at least one hdb/EC, and as much as possible, owning one hdb + one PC, so that the feeling of being left out is minimized. This could be the strategy: Make larger pool of Singaporean core richer before bringing in more well educated and richer immigrants.

wirehtc
09-08-13, 08:38
One possible way to increase the immigrant quota without too much complaints from the Singaporean Core, is to allow larger pool of Singaporean core to get richer via owning at least one hdb/EC, and as much as possible, owning one hdb + one PC, so that the feeling of being left out is minimized. This could be the strategy: Make larger pool of Singaporean core richer before bringing in more well educated and richer immigrants.

The key complaints were houses, education and cars. House prices have stabilised (we are having a small glut now) and more university places are now available (going to have a glut in graduates with degrees in next 3-4 years). I expect tweaks to COE quota as reported previously to be announced next year, follow by a short lag for effects to kick-in, before the immigration quota is relaxed again (likely to be in end 2014) to boost the economic growth.

kane
09-08-13, 10:45
pay attention to the snowball effect of the US economic recovery, it will flow over beyond their shores.

chestnut
09-08-13, 11:02
pay attention to the snowball effect of the US economic recovery, it will flow over beyond their shores.

Bro, can elaborate???? Why the bj21 aka ah b keep saying prices will drop???

Hahahaha

mcmlxxvi
09-08-13, 11:48

Hahahaha

bj bro is actually doing us all landlords a favor.

say prices will drop so that those holding out waiting and renting from us will not jump in to buy in a haste now.

protect our passive income source.... im thankful leh.

chestnut
09-08-13, 12:41

say prices will drop so that those holding out waiting and renting from us will not jump in to buy in a haste now.

Then what about those who really believe and start selling??? We don't care for this people???

Hahahahah

So if ah B is here, u will rally behind him???

;)

chestnut
09-08-13, 12:59

Bro, did allthepies just recently sold??? How????

chestnut
09-08-13, 13:00

So we need to resort to such below the belt tactics to achieve our goals??? I am not for it. Nor will anyone make me do it... Paiseh... I am not that kind of person... So you explain to me also I 1 ear in, 1 ear out... Hahahah

mcmlxxvi
09-08-13, 13:40
Then what about those who really believe and start selling??? We don't care for this people???

Hahahahah

So if ah B is here, u will rally behind him???

;)

aiyo.... dear nutnut.... dont lose ur cool leh... i still wan my chestnut nice n hot. like how they roast it at interchanges n mrt kekeke

chestnut
09-08-13, 13:55
aiyo.... dear nutnut.... dont lose ur cool leh... i still wan my chestnut nice n hot. like how they roast it at interchanges n mrt kekeke

I am cool... I believe 1 controls 1s own emotion....

Words are just words and left to the imagination of the reader... Hahahahaha...

But do be careful of people who give wrong advise to take advantage of others...

I will not mix with such people and I will also not mix with people who encourage such actions... I rather be a loner than go against my own principles...

:cheers4: :cheers4:

newbie11
09-08-13, 14:24
Thinking of buying London mm property.. no absd, no cm..

kane
09-08-13, 14:25

Hahahaha

people keep focusing on china slowdown, but never pay attention to what's happening to the economy with the biggest consumption history. not rocket science to connect those few dots in all honesty.

chestnut
09-08-13, 15:13
people keep focusing on china slowdown, but never pay attention to what's happening to the economy with the biggest consumption history. not rocket science to connect those few dots in all honesty.

Bro, what I hate most is when people use despicable means to bluff others to sell and then create issues... This people pretend to care about MTBs but harbour ill intent... They claim they got 3rd eye but actually is a keloid.... They think they lion king but actually a kitten....

They create fear to even people like yowetan who just bot....

They create fear to people to sell....

They claim to have sold but afterwards will say things like ....
"u believe meh.... U so seow... I ask u to jump down, u also will ah???"

they claim they billionaire, but cannot even afford Hamilton...

they claim billionaire but must sell their condos???:banghead: :banghead: :doh: :doh:

Some more got so many idiots call him master, sifu, etc...:doh: :doh: :doh:

Let's see what this idiots do now that he is shouting sell.... They must be thinking, really or he is just putting on a show....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let the show begin :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Just saw a stupid private walking around so blur.... Must be this lioness cub....

:doh: :doh: :doh:

yowetan
09-08-13, 15:15
Bro, what I hate most is when people use despicable means to bluff others to sell and then create issues... This people pretend to care about MTBs but harbour ill intent... They claim they got 3rd eye but actually is a keloid.... They think they lion king but actually a kitten....

they claim billionaire but must sell their condos???:banghead: :banghead: :doh: :doh:

Let's see what this idiots do now that he is shouting sell.... They must be thinking, really or he is just putting on a show....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just saw a stupid private walking around so blur.... Must be this lioness cub....

Yes. I was afriad.

But, I will carry on with my Mt Sinai and if possible - I will aim for Mt Sinai landed as my next milestone.

chestnut
09-08-13, 15:42
Yes. I was afriad.

But, I will carry on with my Mt Sinai and if possible - I will aim for Mt Sinai landed as my next milestone.

Did u pass TDSR???? If u did, what is your fear????

PAP already thought of people like you.... That's why all the CMs came out....

So did u pass TDSR?????

If u did, what is your fear????

Is your fear that it will drop... For that, please ask the lioness cub....

mermaid
09-08-13, 16:04

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I concur wif most of yr points above.

in tis cyberworld, there r many hypocrites/prophets who so-called "give advices/projections" but u nvr noe wat is the true selfish motives behind their speech. wat I do is read everything wif a pinch of salt n analyse every piece of infor using my own judgement. dun juz be a 迷路羊 n adopt a herd mentality.

ecimbew
09-08-13, 16:11
Yes. I was afriad.

I like your story, Yowe. I must learn to master this art.

mcmlxxvi
09-08-13, 16:38
I am cool... I believe 1 controls 1s own emotion....

Words are just words and left to the imagination of the reader... Hahahahaha...

But do be careful of people who give wrong advise to take advantage of others...

I will not mix with such people and I will also not mix with people who encourage such actions... I rather be a loner than go against my own principles...

in my eyes chestnut is the true handsomest lol

Allthepies
09-08-13, 16:51

No worries chestnut brother, funds have been channeled into areas with the highest returns within my means....:cheers4:

My personsl view is that property is no longer as lucrative as few years ago... I will return to property when my funds doubled in 3 to 4 years hopefully...

chestnut
09-08-13, 18:47
No worries chestnut brother, funds have been channeled into areas with the highest returns within my means....:cheers4:

My personsl view is that property is no longer as lucrative as few years ago... I will return to property when my funds doubled in 3 to 4 years hopefully...

Great to hear that bro....

My only word of advise to you and I will shut up from here...

Please keep some spare lying around... It is the black swan that is worrisome... It is the black swan that catches people by surprise... The back-up/spare will allow for re-entry...

Cheers bro... Take care and all the best.

lionhill
09-08-13, 20:47

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just saw a stupid private by walking around so blur.... Must be this lioness cub....

Do not worry, chestnut. Those less illuminated one will not follow master BJ as they know they cannot make money by following him.

anyway, those just bought PCs are tied by SSD. they cannot be stupid to materialize their loss.

chestnut
10-08-13, 19:51
Do not worry, chestnut. Those less illuminated one will not follow master BJ as they know they cannot make money by following him.

anyway, those just bought PCs are tied by SSD. they cannot be stupid to materialize their loss.

Bro, I am not worried lar... It is each person's duty to do their own due diligence.

I am cool lar....

Just ask yourself what QE tapering means??? Under what circumstances will QE start to taper???? Hahahahahaha

Just watch out for carry trade unwinding....

Hahahaha

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Allthepies
10-08-13, 20:01
Great to hear that bro....

My only word of advise to you and I will shut up from here...

Please keep some spare lying around... It is the black swan that is worrisome... It is the black swan that catches people by surprise... The back-up/spare will allow for re-entry...

Cheers bro... Take care and all the best.

Thanks brother chestnut for ur kind advice, I will keep tat in mind :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

pool100
10-08-13, 23:05
Bro, I am not worried lar... It is each person's duty to do their own due diligence.

I am cool lar....

Just ask yourself what QE tapering means??? Under what circumstances will QE start to taper???? Hahahahahaha

Just watch out for carry trade unwinding....

Hahahaha

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Bro, u r monitoring carry trade? I'm keeping an eye on AUD as Aussie interest rates just went down. And the yen strengthened this week. Could be a sign of things to come. I'm hoping the yen would go down more though.

My gut feel is that tapering will not go full force until end 2014 at least. US just got out of icu. Let them come out of hospital first then remove the drip.