PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good time to buy in Gold now?

astroboy8681
06-08-13, 16:23
Dear seasoned investors:

It's been on my mind for awhile... With new CMs unable to touch property for awhile. Feeling shitty with money in the bank barely countering inflation.

Is this a good time to buy into gold with a minimum 3-5years holding tenure?
Today's spot rate USD130X per ounce...

Appreciate any valuable feedbacks

Cheers
Always astro

Arcachon
06-08-13, 18:55
First must ask yourself what is Gold?

Gold is value in USD.

USD is created from thin air.

So what is Gold.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1650487

astroboy8681
06-08-13, 21:55
First must ask yourself what is Gold?

Gold is value in USD.

USD is created from thin air.

So what is Gold.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1650487

Many national currencies are pegged to USD making it a international dollar.
Pardon me but wouldn't that make a "sweeping" statement on USD...

I'm a noob coming to financial or commodity investment hence I'm seeking opinions of Gold investment in general for mid term view...

minority
07-08-13, 07:13
Simple... Question to ask too. Do you think QE will continue or end? And the Run up of Gold was driven buy what? QE? Devaluation of currency? Flight for Value preservation.

So in the next 1-2 yrs wat is likely happen? Interest rates increase? USD exchange rate increase. Equity in US increase?

How would that impact Gold?

RCT
07-08-13, 08:39
The problem is all this QE, US is still unable to create inflation... Which is really weird...

astroboy8681
07-08-13, 12:08
Simple... Question to ask too. Do you think QE will continue or end? And the Run up of Gold was driven buy what? QE? Devaluation of currency? Flight for Value preservation.

So in the next 1-2 yrs wat is likely happen? Interest rates increase? USD exchange rate increase. Equity in US increase?

How would that impact Gold?

pardon me minority i only have surface knowledge of QE and predictive guess of where QE runs next...

i'm basing on Gold price for the last 10-15 years & current USD rate. If USD exchange rate increase, wouldn't it play into my hands if i buy now at USD1 = SGD1.268? Correct me if i'm wrong, apologies in advance...

astroboy8681
07-08-13, 12:12
pardon me minority i only have surface knowledge of QE and predictive guess of where QE runs next...

i'm basing on Gold price for the last 10-15 years & current USD rate. If USD exchange rate increase, wouldn't it play into my hands if i buy now at USD1 = SGD1.268? Correct me if i'm wrong, apologies in advance...

nevertheless, i guess from your post is not so advisable to enter now and maybe take a wait-approach, right?

i'm a generally happy astro boy but sadden by few aspects in life :(

1) knowledge of CCR projects with cheap meaintenance fee, lol
2) money sitting in bank and looking at the negligible interest every start of month