PDA

View Full Version : Competition between new projects to affect rents

Mu
01-08-13, 17:33
3 bedder at NV rents for less than 3.5k:doh:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/competition-between-projects-affect-rents-044147323.html

flxcat
01-08-13, 17:41
3 bedder at NV rents for less than 3.5k:doh:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/competition-between-projects-affect-rents-044147323.html

In addition, older condo in the estate will further pressure the rental rate since their outlay is much smaller as compared to new condo.

Particularly OCR tenants are likely to be more price sensitive, if older condo owners drop $200 to $300 in their asking, and have bigger units will likely attract tenant interests.

Silverlining is low interest rate is here to stay longer. Cheers!:)

toiletsiao
01-08-13, 17:46
havent throw in the future supply of palette and dnest

mermaid
01-08-13, 17:48
havent throw in the future supply of palette and dnest

u spoke my heart ... still got stratum etc :doh:

owners wif no cash buffers really siao liao!

Mu
01-08-13, 17:53

Don't forget the Big 4 (Seastrand, Watercolors, Ripple Bay,Sea Esta), as well as the new developments in Flora Drive( Hedges Park, Park Olympia, Palm Isles and a yet to be named new launch)

Plus I heard they're gonna start marketing a development at the plot of land where the current D'nest showroom is soon...:scared-1:

Walao like this how man!!:beats-me-man:

lionhill
01-08-13, 17:54
Forsee more pressure in the east, central and hillview area as there are many new supplies in these areas.

Som areas, such as buona vista and Jurong West, the rental will continue to be very strong due to lack of new supplies.

Mu
01-08-13, 17:59
I think this is the last hurrah..

Developers will try to release as much as they can and owners will lap up as much as they can.....

In a few years, scary to think of the outcome:scared-4:

Unless immigration grows stronger :cheers3:

Chillyred888
01-08-13, 18:17
No mrt within 100m no talk

hyenergix
01-08-13, 18:31
Forsee more pressure in the east, central and hillview area as there are many new supplies in these areas.

Som areas, such as buona vista and Jurong West, the rental will continue to be very strong due to lack of new supplies.

The heavy industries are protecting the west from having too many residential units. The only thing that can rock the west side rental is the expansion of 2nd link that will allow more people to stay cheaply in Nusajaya while working in the west. But this is highly unlikely to happen in the next 10 years.

hutsutau
01-08-13, 18:54
In addition, older condo in the estate will further pressure the rental rate since their outlay is much smaller as compared to new condo.

Particularly OCR tenants are likely to be more price sensitive, if older condo owners drop $200 to $300 in their asking, and have bigger units will likely attract tenant interests.

Silverlining is low interest rate is here to stay longer. Cheers!:)
ocr have to compete with hdb as well.

sleeping lamb
01-08-13, 19:24
I bought palette for own stay but am thinking to sell it and buy a new unit in the east with a nearer top. The last plot of land at pasir ris grove will have 900 over units, more than dnest, and you can imagine that the whole private residential enclave will become very pack duh.

mcmlxxvi
01-08-13, 19:26
aiyo dont get too excited la...

most of those who buy pasir ris new launches are for own stay ba...? hdb upgraders no?

3C
01-08-13, 19:59
Way pian oh! So fast all the kan cheong spiders start appearing. IT really do wonders. Imagine our old generation time don't even know crocodiles already at doorstep. One thing for sure, knowing that the cycle is not so simple anymore. Like that forever cannot sleep..lah

Strata
01-08-13, 20:17
That is why you need 6.9m population to create the demand and supply chain....dont complain to much foreigners...infact they are here to save us :)

yowetan
01-08-13, 20:41
Crash is the key word.

Arcachon
01-08-13, 21:24
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9195&page=133

Heard that the latest transaction for a 1+1 is at 3.7k, partial furnished. Most are around 3.5-3.6k.

star
01-08-13, 21:33
Sometime what we heard or read from the news may not be true. Rent may not be dropping. Because news like to Exaggerate the bad or good things if not how to attract people to read?

Arcachon
01-08-13, 21:38
The Glass of water is either half full or half empty.

http://www.thenextedition.ca/assets/images/Cup1.jpg

flxcat
01-08-13, 21:46
ocr have to compete with hdb as well.

My view is in fact HDB potential tenants of 5rm or Exec might willing to pay slightly more to move into a 3dedder PC for the lifestyle. Better still if they do own a car or rent a car, they need not fork out additional for parking which they have to if renting a HDB flat

Hope this will effectively support the rental and with low interest rate going to be around slightly longer, the situation can be better off overall. Cheers!

flxcat
01-08-13, 21:56
The Glass of water is either half full or half empty.

http://www.thenextedition.ca/assets/images/Cup1.jpg

I see it as half full. Buyers having the means can buy and owners that are over stretched can have the window to sell and be safe :D

radha08
01-08-13, 22:04
aiyo dont get too excited la...

most of those who buy pasir ris new launches are for own stay ba...? hdb upgraders no?

u are right:D:cheers1:

radha08
01-08-13, 22:06

consolation prize got oveseaes family school coming up :2cents:in drive 3

http://www.ofs.edu.sg/

radha08
01-08-13, 22:08
wah if pasir ris like this next time punggol how lagi worse:eek:

Eastboy
01-08-13, 22:09
A lot of People don't understand market cycles. I intend to rent out palette too so what if rental yield drops? The key question to ask is whether one is over-leveraged or has holding power? If it's not a prob, you are just making "less money" but you are still protecting your regular "monthly deposits" that beats inflation. See your property as your OWN bank, and don't go feel awful putting more money into your own property when rental dips. You should only panic is when market is at an all time low you simply put your money in a bank or under your pillow

wirehtc
01-08-13, 22:23
A lot of People don't understand market cycles. I intend to rent out palette too so what if rental yield drops? The key question to ask is whether one is over-leveraged or has holding power? If it's not a prob, you are just making "less money" but you are still protecting your regular "monthly deposits" that beats inflation. See your property as your OWN bank, and don't go feel awful putting more money into your own property when rental dips. You should only panic is when market is at an all time low you simply put your money in a bank or under your pillow

Many buyers will have to depend on their HDB rental. It is the HDB rental there that is worrying for these upgraders.

flxcat
01-08-13, 22:32
Many buyers will have to depend on their HDB rental. It is the HDB rental there that is worrying for these upgraders.

I recall there was mentioning of full HDB rent out is around 40k units, a manageable numbers. Unless there is a spike in the application of HDB rental when more condo TOP, otherwise I believe not many are holding on to their HDB as a cash cow, and should not be an issue if the condo is their own stay unit. :)

Strata
01-08-13, 22:52
Job security as well....if financial crisis strike again, all will be chain reactions and eventually alot of them might declare bankrupt. .

star
01-08-13, 23:02
So many if "if" then no need to play property already.

Mu
01-08-13, 23:56
No need to panic...

Just chill.....

Pasir Ris is still very promising, and there's a lot of potential for redevelopment:cheers2: .

Mu
01-08-13, 23:59
I bought palette for own stay but am thinking to sell it and buy a new unit in the east with a nearer top. The last plot of land at pasir ris grove will have 900 over units, more than dnest, and you can imagine that the whole private residential enclave will become very pack duh.

You are not affected by SSD???

felicia_sg
02-08-13, 08:33
Promising for who? I think only this is the most important question:
Promising for (1) land sellers (eg govt, enbloc), (2) developers, or (3) property investors/owners?

Like Jurong with lots of empty land, good for 1 & 2, not so good for 3 in terms of rental & cap appreciation because too much supply & competition.

No need to panic...

Just chill.....

Pasir Ris is still very promising, and there's a lot of potential for redevelopment:cheers2: .

sleeping lamb
02-08-13, 08:39
You are not affected by SSD???thats why I used the word "thinking" :) Can't afford a second condo with the hefty 40% downpayment. I still love palette, the layout and price is attractive. Only downside is the high density...

microhdb
02-08-13, 08:59
Condo inflection point reached.

Condo owners/property developers/agents : Ki Ki Ki ah...

Condo dreamers : low low low ah...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blogs-images.forbes.com/christinecomaford/files/2012/10/fig2-1_inflectionPT_color1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.forbes.com/sites/christinecomaford/2012/10/09/3-reasons-great-companies-stop-growing-and-the-solution/&h=1275&w=1650&sz=181&tbnid=jipP0jhkf6GHPM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=116&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinflexion%2Bpoint%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=inflexion+point&usg=__4uWiiir3acCZyYd5zpdPn3G3BIc=&docid=HWe_T7jMelxhuM&sa=X&ei=dwP7UeXiOsvhrAflo4CIBw&ved=0CEYQ9QEwBQ&dur=10499

hyenergix
02-08-13, 09:26
Promising for who? I think only this is the most important question:
Promising for (1) land sellers (eg govt, enbloc), (2) developers, or (3) property investors/owners?

Like Jurong with lots of empty land, good for 1 & 2, not so good for 3 in terms of rental & cap appreciation because too much supply & competition.

Jurong's land are mostly for business use.
https://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?config=config_preopen.xml&preopen=Sales Of Plans&saleIndex=1

Jurong East, Jurong West and Clementi residential units stand to benefit from the further developments deep in Tuas and Jurong Island areas.

lajia
02-08-13, 09:37
Exactly...I wonder is she a Singaporean when she say Jurong got a lot of empty land?? For residential?

Jurong's land are mostly for business use.
https://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?config=config_preopen.xml&preopen=Sales Of Plans&saleIndex=1

Jurong East, Jurong West and Clementi residential units stand to benefit from the further developments deep in Tuas and Jurong Island areas.

hyenergix
02-08-13, 09:53
Exactly...I wonder is she a Singaporean when she say Jurong got a lot of empty land?? For residential?

Recent land bids (pte condo and ECs) near JLD are breaking records. Moreover the bids are quite aggressive by many developers. These developers must have done a lot of homework on the potential of the area because the stakes are very high in the midst of cooling measures.

mermaid
02-08-13, 09:59
consolation prize got oveseaes family school coming up :2cents:in drive 3

http://www.ofs.edu.sg/

but the heart attack bomb is tat the total number of oveseas family school is far way less den the total number of units in NV resi+ Palatte + Dnest + CDL last plot of land + stratum + Vue 8 leh :doh:

not forgetting the plot of new land nearest to the mrt is reserved for residential site :eek:

if buying for ownstay still a gd bargain la ...

mermaid
02-08-13, 10:02
Recent land bids (pte condo and ECs) near JLD are breaking records. Moreover the bids are quite aggressive by many developers. These developers must have done a lot of homework on the potential of the area because the stakes are very high in the midst of cooling measures.

gd for EC to break the record.
liddat den can force the govt to put an end to tis type of subsidised housing so as to be fair to pte ppty owners!

hyenergix
02-08-13, 10:06
gd for EC to break the record.
liddat den can force the govt to put an end to tis type of subsidised housing so as to be fair to pte ppty owners!

I agree. Subsidy for EC is absurb. The subsidy should be channelled to lower income groups so that they can have a roof over their head.

mermaid
02-08-13, 10:15
I agree. Subsidy for EC is absurb. The subsidy should be channelled to lower income groups so that they can have a roof over their head.

honestly the only way to hv affordable housing in Singapore:

1. Disallowed ppty owners to own HDB flat.
2. Stop building EC which is unfair to pte market.
3. Disallow HDB to be rented out as the main purpose of a HDB is to provide affordable housing to citizens.

only den can govt really delink resale HDB $ from the pte market.

teddybear
02-08-13, 10:48
You don't understand how developers' think...
Tell you how they think: Bid for a GLS land, quickly launch and sell out to about 60-70% to break-even point to pass the babies (ops, also the RISKS!) to the buyers, the rest are just pure profits! So, they don't have to see far, just 6-12 months ahead enough already. So, JLD record breaking bids, potentials etc need only be good for 6-12 months for developers, but will need to be at least 5 years or even more for buyers to cover SSD & ABSD etc costs (assuming that the price is up and not down)!

hyenergix
02-08-13, 10:53
You don't understand how developers' think...
Tell you how they think: Bid for a GLS land, quickly launch and sell out to about 60-70% to break-even point to pass the babies (ops, also the RISKS!) to the buyers, the rest are just pure profits! So, they don't have to see far, just 6-12 months ahead enough already. So, JLD record breaking bids, potentials etc need only be good for 6-12 months for developers, but will need to be at least 5 years or even more for buyers to cover SSD & ABSD etc costs (assuming that the price is up and not down)!

Maybe. But you are not a developer, so I take your info with a pinch of salt. The group of developers who bidded high and fairly close to one another seems to be a more reliable gauge of the potential of the area.

teddybear
02-08-13, 11:00
What make you think I cannot be a developer? :confused:
Tell you, the group of developers are all looking ahead by max about 12 months only! After that, it is not their business whether the property prices go up or down because they already transferred the "babies" and the price RISKS to the buyers!

In fact, property market crash is better for the strong muscles developers because construction costs will go down significantly (they get to earn extra money!), they can start to buy and hog land at much much cheaper prices (which they can't do so now)!

Maybe. But you are not a developer, so I take your info with a pinch of salt. The group of developers who bidded high and fairly close to one another seems to be a more reliable gauge of the potential of the area.

rymccondo77
02-08-13, 11:04
I agree. Subsidy for EC is absurb. The subsidy should be channelled to lower income group so that they can have a roof over their head.

Remove the Subsidy for EC - there will still be demand for ECs without the subsidy.

mermaid
02-08-13, 11:14
Remove the Subsidy for EC - there will still be demand for ECs without the subsidy.

without subsidy, EC will cease to exist. only HDB n pte condo.

leesg123
02-08-13, 12:01
without subsidy, EC will cease to exist. only HDB n pte condo.Not only subsidy for purchase, the land itself is also HEAVILY subsidised by being sold much cheaper to developer as it has been earmarked for EC.

mermaid
02-08-13, 12:17
Not only subsidy for purchase, the land itself is also HEAVILY subsidised by being sold much cheaper to developer as it has been earmarked for EC.

my subsidy refers to both developers n buyers wor :hell-hath-no-fury: