PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 13:26
Hi all experts in this forum, happen to drop by in this forum by accident and feel that this forum is interesting and very informative in property related issues.

Would like to seek your opinion on how to rent out a west facing property. Anyone encounter this issue before?

mermaid
30-07-13, 13:51
Hi all experts in this forum, happen to drop by in this forum by accident and feel that this forum is interesting and very informative in property related issues.

Would like to seek your opinion on how to rent out a west facing property. Anyone encounter this issue before?

actually not all buyers/tenants mind west sun, personally I dun mind.
try looking for tenants in months when there is north west wind? at least it is hot & windy :D

indomie
30-07-13, 14:12
actually not all buyers/tenants mind west sun, personally I dun mind.
try looking for tenants in months when there is north west wind? at least it is hot & windy :D
Brilliant.......

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 14:43
Thanks for the advice.

So far the potential tenants that view the unit were local. Try to arrange viewing in the morning but most cannot make it. The sun will shine directly into the unit when around 3 pm.

Seems like the rental market has slowed down. The offer was low too.

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 14:46
By the way, which month has north west wind?

Lovelle
30-07-13, 14:51

possible to share location ?

mermaid
30-07-13, 15:11
Brilliant.......

cos my room has direct west sun :o

Thanks for the advice.

So far the potential tenants that view the unit were local. Try to arrange viewing in the morning but most cannot make it. The sun will shine directly into the unit when around 3 pm.

u can save yr efforts in coaxing ppl to view in morning/nite time cos Im sure many ppl r like me, who specifically arrange to view ard 3-5pm :D

since u cannot prevent west sun busters from exposing yr weakness, wat u can do is try to arrange it at say 2-3pm. the intensity of the heat is not so bad as compared to say 4-5pm.

its more windy around nov-feb lor ...

xtreme_46
30-07-13, 15:12
sorry to hijack your thread..My uncle looking to rent out his studio unit in Telok Kurau..but so far offer all on the low $2k side...D15 studio is it all around this range?

mermaid
30-07-13, 15:17
sorry to hijack your thread..My uncle looking to rent out his studio unit in Telok Kurau..but so far offer all on the low $2k side...D15 studio is it all around this range?

if not near mrt, quite hard to fetch a gd price. I wun be surprised if a near mrt unit in ocr fetched a better price than yrs.

peterng8
30-07-13, 15:25
yield low if price bought too high? TA can be renewed is equivalent to not constant rental u are getting...restriction inflow of foreigners and so many release of new condo and TOP...rental not very good for those location not so convenient as would be expected..if interest rate goes up, bought at high price would have problem getting enough rental to serve outgoing loan....or in the first place can it be rented if demand remains constant or down while supply up? Deep pockets can hold while leave units empty...those cannot tahan will sell...expect to sell higher and earn a good profit at that time? anyone guess....:rolleyes:

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 16:43
Mine is a 1 bedroom type just TOP. 4 bus stops away from Nex Shopping center. However walking distance to Bartley MRT Station, about 10 mins walk.

mermaid
30-07-13, 16:46
Mine is a 1 bedroom type just TOP. 4 bus stops away from Nex Shopping center. However walking distance to Bartley MRT Station, about 10 mins walk.

Seems like the rental market has slowed down. The offer was low too.

how much was the offer?

hyenergix
30-07-13, 17:02

Along Upper Paya Lebar Road? Is it The Vue?

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 17:14
how much was the offer?

I heard from the agent that 1 unit accepted $2,200 partial furnished.

Mine no offer yet. :mad:

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 17:15
Along Upper Paya Lebar Road? Is it The Vue?

Yes, you are right. Do you own any unit there?

mermaid
30-07-13, 17:17

the 1 unit accepted got west sun?
rental rates in this serangoon area not high, I noticed.
2.2k seems quite low for a 1 bedder condo. Mostly I heard is at least a $2.5k.

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 17:19
the 1 unit accepted got west sun?
rental rates in this serangoon area not high, I noticed.
2.2k seems quite low for a 1 bedder condo. Mostly I heard is at least a $2.5k.

Yes, agreed. I expected at least $2.4K for partial furnished. That unit spoil market liao.

Not sure which facing, agent didn't reveal.

hyenergix
30-07-13, 17:21
Yes, you are right. Do you own any unit there?

No. I went to view it at the VVIP launch about 2 years back ;)

$2.2k is quite decent for that area. Try engaging more agents to market your unit.

mermaid
30-07-13, 17:24
Yes, agreed. I expected at least $2.4K for partial furnished. That unit spoil market liao.

Not sure which facing, agent didn't reveal.

mayb the owner urgently nid to rent it out tats y willing to accept a lower than market rate.

juz now I checked other agents advertising for $2.7k. as long as the remaining owners dun spoil the market, I believe u shd not hv a prob getting 2.4k-2.5k.

juz be patient ;)

star
30-07-13, 17:27
New Virgin unit for $2.2k is very low. When someone offer low u no need to follow them.

mermaid
30-07-13, 17:30
New Virgin unit for $2.2k is very low. When someone offer low u no need to follow them.

precisely.

my fwen rented out his 1 bedder at west coast. very far fm mrt (at least 15mins) but is getting $3.5k under corporate lease.

regardless how bad facing/location a unit is, a condo is still a condo; there is a minimum amt as long as owners r not desperate :D

mcmlxxvi
30-07-13, 17:37
To TS, try not to wait too long. 见好就收。

Why? Your competitor Suites @ Paya Lebar topping soon.

Regulators
30-07-13, 17:38
How big is your unit in sq ft?

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 17:43
How big is your unit in sq ft?
420 Sqft. 1 proper bedroom.

Regulators
30-07-13, 18:22
If u had paid $600k or below, u hv made a safe buy. Gross yield for purchase px of $600k n rental of $2500 (assuming) is 5%. Nett yield minus outgoings is 4+%.

420 Sqft. 1 proper bedroom.

chrischocolates
30-07-13, 18:44
Maybe you can share some pics on your rental properties?
I am sure some tenants are ok with west facing ;)

zeamybro
30-07-13, 19:27
Not too long ago I was showing this angmoh lady my unit, telling her I have a NS facing with no west sun. She told me she loves sun tanning and prefers west facing unit :doh:

Having west sun also means you have sunset view .... 夕阳无限好,只是近黄昏

MM Lovers
30-07-13, 22:17
Not too long ago I was showing this angmoh lady my unit, telling her I have a NS facing with no west sun. She told me she loves sun tanning and prefers west facing unit :doh:

Having west sun also means you have sunset view .... 夕阳无限好,只是近黄昏
Feel encouraged by your sharing. Will continue to press on.

ahchee
30-07-13, 23:43

Don't worry too much. Just draw the curtains and turn on the air-con when viewing. I've seen your condo floorplan. It's quite nice and livable.
Not sure whether the news from your agent about the 2.2K rent reliable or not.

MM Lovers
31-07-13, 08:18
Don't worry too much. Just draw the curtains and turn on the air-con when viewing. I've seen your condo floorplan. It's quite nice and livable.
Not sure whether the news from your agent about the 2.2K rent reliable or not.
Yes, already doing that. Intend to install sunshade to assure the tenant that the sun issue can be solved.

ahchee
26-08-13, 09:00
420 Sqft. 1 proper bedroom. saw advert
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15315703/for-rent-the-vue

omg $2100pm?!!! really on low side...what your agent say $2.2K most likely right.

thomastansb
26-08-13, 10:25
1.8 to 1.9k can close liao...

saw advert
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15315703/for-rent-the-vue

omg $2100pm?!!! really on low side...what your agent say $2.2K most likely right.

pod
26-08-13, 13:14
Ts,

Can spend on double layer curtains and also cushion bright sunlights by painting darker shades in bedroom. Of cos switcing aircon & putting up so fresh scent of air purifier helps soothes the viewing too :D

clemdale24
26-08-13, 15:57
Ts,

Can spend on double layer curtains and also cushion bright sunlights by painting darker shades in bedroom. Of cos switcing aircon & putting up so fresh scent of air purifier helps soothes the viewing too :D

I personally think that most singaporeans prefer a east facing unit. Say u give a potential singaporean tenant a choice of 2 units... one is east facing the other is west facing. same floor, same price, same layout, same everything. He will pick the east facing one, for sure.

in singapore, when its hot, its HOT. unless u turn on the aircon 100% of the time, its gonna be hot living at home. and its not 1 hour/day of heat. it's an ENTIRE afternoon of west sun, day in day out, for as long as u live in that house. u can have a million fans in ur home but its not gonna work. the heat stays trapped in the concrete walls and doesnt stop radiating heat even after the sun goes down.

mcmlxxvi
26-08-13, 18:07
本土人为何会租这里?

Own soil people why will rent here?

Cyberknight
26-08-13, 18:17
Put solar films on windows.

MM Lovers
27-08-13, 08:36
Thank you guys for your sharing. I managed to rent out at more than $2.3k to a foreigner.

This prove that western facing is not really a big issue after all.

ahchee
27-08-13, 08:48
Thank you guys for your sharing. I managed to rent out at more than $2.3k to a foreigner.

Congrats, so happy for you! BTW, do u furnish for the tenant?

mermaid
27-08-13, 09:14

if yr 2.1k neighbour see this post, he will dui :banghead:
so the morale behind the story is, dun be desperate la, haha ...
I always advocate 宁缺勿滥 :D

MM Lovers
27-08-13, 09:20
Congrats, so happy for you! BTW, do u furnish for the tenant?
Yes, fully furnished.

MM Lovers
27-08-13, 09:22
if yr 2.1k neighbour see this post, he will dui :banghead:
so the morale behind the story is, dun be desperate la, haha ...
I always advocate 宁缺勿滥 :D
Must let them know so that they will not spoil market.

Yes, must be patient.

ahchee
27-08-13, 11:47
Yes, fully furnished.
Thanks. Maybe your neighbour's is unfurnished. That could make a difference.

wirehtc
27-08-13, 12:50

Congrats ;)

pod
27-08-13, 12:50

Awesome. Congrats...

Glad your patience pays off and living proof to your estate landlords alike that west is still a spendid investment. :D

*remember to deliver 1 carton of "liang teh" to your tenant when he/she moves in...

MM Lovers
27-08-13, 14:54
Awesome. Congrats...

Glad your patience pays off and living proof to your estate landlords alike that west is still a spendid investment. :D

*remember to deliver 1 carton of "liang teh" to your tenant when he/she moves in...
Sure if she request. ;)

pod
27-08-13, 15:12
Sure if she request. ;)

lol its a she? so u shd deliver a basket of 'SUN'-flowers.. muahahahahhaha

just kidding..:cheers5:

MM Lovers
27-08-13, 15:25
lol its a she? so u shd deliver a basket of 'SUN'-flowers.. muahahahahhaha

just kidding..:cheers5:
Yes, its a she. Profile not bad. First time working in SG.