PDA

View Full Version : If u sell now, how much must property prices drop before it is worth it to go back in

chestnut
29-07-13, 18:07
So assume 2 scenarios,

1. 2 properties
If u sell 1 away, how much must property prices drop before it is worth it to go back in????

2. 3 properties and above
If u sell 1 away and left with 2 or more, how much must property prices drop before it is worth to go back in????

Of course u can say they will remove absd... But how many % u think it needs to drop before absd is removed????

Do u think
1. drop 7%, govt will remove absd
2. Drop 10%, govt will remove absd
3. Drop 15%, govt will remove absd

If they don't remove absd, then at what % u think worth it to go back in??? Do u think u can still qualify with the new rule??? How many year loan u can take???

Many question here for you to do simulation....

Cheers....

Food for thought.... No rite or wrong answer, only u know if u can still play....

:cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6:

You guys can put in other scenarios....

:cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6:

Then we discuss....

RCT
29-07-13, 18:13
Removing ABSD is one thing... First time is SSD to consider first ba... If really need to sell now due to crash... Imagine the high SSD of you just bought recently?:eek:

Arcachon
29-07-13, 18:23
Singapore property will crash because.

1. We have 8 Control measure.
2. Singapore land is limited.
3. Since the QE (printing of money) our SGD is getting stronger.
4. We have build too much infrastructure.
5. Singapore economic cannot be maintain due to aging population and low birth rate.
6. Lot of people is migrating to other country.

Arcachon
29-07-13, 19:11
http://jurong-lake-district.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Property-Cooling-Measures.jpg

lot286
29-07-13, 20:03

1. We have 8 Control measure. -> 8 times and prices still going up.?
2. Singapore land is limited. -> I dont understand your argument
3. Since the QE (printing of money) our SGD is getting stronger. -> Currency appreciation has nothing to do with property prices.
4. We have build too much infrastructure. -> Please show proof
5. Singapore economic cannot be maintain due to aging population and low birth rate. ->Ok this part i understand, but other countries are aging faster
6. Lot of people is migrating to other country. -> and more people wanting to migrate to Singapore.

I Do not understand your arguments at all, my counterarguments in red

Allthepies
29-07-13, 20:24
The only valid reason why property falls is due to Newton's gravitational law.. ;)

lot286
29-07-13, 20:27
the only reason why property prices in Singapore will fall is due to Global Market conditions. Mark my words - and see how accurate i am if stock mkts globally fall 50% in the next 5 years.:simmering: :simmering:

dare2
29-07-13, 20:31
the only reason why property prices in Singapore will fall is due to Global Market conditions. Mark my words - and see how accurate i am if stock mkts globally fall 50% in the next 5 years.:simmering: :simmering:

If Sg property collapse...what about your Ledang height bungalow?

stl67
29-07-13, 20:38
If there is no reason to sell, for me the best is keep until I go inside coffin.

My onli regret is I nvr hoot more landed last time.

But we need to give others MTB a chance also...

Arcachon
29-07-13, 21:28
2. Singapore land is limited. -> I dont understand your argument (We need to buy sand to increase the land size, this cost SGD)
3. Since the QE (printing of money) our SGD is getting stronger. -> Currency appreciation has nothing to do with property prices.(Will you buy a property and your property price in the country inflated)
4. We have build too much infrastructure. -> Please show proof (Infrastructure cost SGD to build and do you think the land will become cheaper)
5. Singapore economic cannot be maintain due to aging population and low birth rate. ->Ok this part i understand, but other countries are aging faster( Where on Earth do the country allow their manpower to be use when they are able and take care of them when they are old.)
6. Lot of people is migrating to other country.(LKY cry on TV twice, one when we are kick out of Malaysia and another when lot of Singaporean migrated0

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 21:32
When property price drops, absd removal add together must be at least 20% to make re entry feasible given loan tenure restriction which together with tdsr is classified as long term measure that will stay for good.

chestnut
29-07-13, 21:37
When property price drops, absd removal add together must be at least 20% to make re entry feasible given loan tenure restriction which together with tdsr is classified as long term measure that will stay for good.

Brudder, so property price drop say 10% to 13%, than absd removed to add to 20% leh... U reckon drop 10 - 13%, will absd be removed???

So if drop 10-13% and absd not removed, still cannot go in leh... May even lose money....

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 21:40
Brudder, so property price drop say 10% to 13%, than absd removed to add to 20% leh... U reckon drop 10 - 13%, will absd be removed???

Hmmm... doesnt seem so plausible hor... must drop at least 20% then. Absd peeling add on ontop.

But i think they will be using trend of defaults to gauge leh....or is this only for crisis time??

phantom_opera
29-07-13, 21:40
for long term ... u have to read Lee Kuan Yew's speech and bet whether his son's capitalism is any different from him

for short to medium term, anything can happen

smartboy2
29-07-13, 21:41

1. We have 8 Control measure.
2. Singapore land is limited.
3. Since the QE (printing of money) our SGD is getting stronger.
4. We have build too much infrastructure.
5. Singapore economic cannot be maintain due to aging population and low birth rate.
6. Lot of people is migrating to other country.

Doesnt make any sense.

chestnut
29-07-13, 21:45
Hmmm... doesnt seem so plausible hor... must drop at least 20% then. Absd peeling add on ontop.

But i think they will be using trend of defaults to gauge leh....or is this only for crisis time??

Brudder, let me share with u something... A lot of Singaporeans damn rich man... Really, the bank account damn gao gao....

Don't forget still got bsd and lawyer fee....

Selling is not an issue, getting back in is the issue.... The other way round is downsizing lor, then u pay less tax....

Bro, during crisis time, everything will drop leh.... I really don't see crisis within this 2 yr leh.... US still not back so solid. Europe still down leh....

Bro, if don't have the 'prevention absd cm', I don't mind cashing out a few... But the cm put a brake on increase, so I really cannot convince myself that there is a bubble leh....:doh:

lot286
29-07-13, 21:48
2. Singapore land is limited. -> I dont understand your argument (We need to buy sand to increase the land size, this cost SGD)
3. Since the QE (printing of money) our SGD is getting stronger. -> Currency appreciation has nothing to do with property prices.(Will you buy a property and your property price in the country inflated)
4. We have build too much infrastructure. -> Please show proof (Infrastructure cost SGD to build and do you think the land will become cheaper)
5. Singapore economic cannot be maintain due to aging population and low birth rate. ->Ok this part i understand, but other countries are aging faster( Where on Earth do the country allow their manpower to be use when they are able and take care of them when they are old.)
6. Lot of people is migrating to other country.(LKY cry on TV twice, one when we are kick out of Malaysia and another when lot of Singaporean migrated0

Ok. i have no clue what you are talking about here. I dont think we are on the same bandwidth.

Bottom line. The fortunes of Singapore market (stock market and property values) is beholden to global market fortunes. This is a known fact. We are one of the most open economies in the world and our fate depends on countries like US, EUrope, China..etc.

My argument is that it will be external pressures that will knock valuations down in Singapore, not internal. Whatever we have seen now CM XX and other arguments that you posed, are internal pressures, small compared to changing macro landscape.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

star
29-07-13, 21:50
China also not solid. Last time before crash SSE was 6000.

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 21:54
Brudder, let me share with u something... A lot of Singaporeans damn rich man... Really, the bank account damn gao gao....

Don't forget still got bsd and lawyer fee....

Selling is not an issue, getting back in is the issue.... The other way round is downsizing lor, then u pay less tax....

Bro, during crisis time, everything will drop leh.... I really don't see crisis within this 2 yr leh.... US still not back so solid. Europe still down leh....

Bro, if don't have the 'prevention absd cm', I don't mind cashing out a few... But the cm put a brake on increase, so I really cannot convince myself that there is a bubble leh....:doh:

There is no bubble la. Just that property investment suck up a lot of liquidity vs other instruments I think, now every tom dick and harry wanna buy property....

Like many bros say before... sell only if u are sure u can put the money to better use. This may be diff for diff people...

Some spend on lavish holidays
Some spend on cosmetic surgery
Some spend on cars
Some spend on their loved ones
Some punt stocks n shares
Some splurge big on cashino
Some go and buy foreign properties
and some, hoping for the next crash... it will come... but when?

Better to plan within what you know with high certainty than the mostly unknown.

lot286
29-07-13, 21:57
The fact of the matter is, coming back to Chestnut's original thread question is..

Yes, the government will reduce ABSD, for sure, if property market starts to weaken rapidly. In fact, they will do all sorts of things in a crisis scenario to prevent property valuation from coming down too low, too fast.

Take the example of what the FED and the US government did during the US financial crisis (08-09). They nationalized Fannie Mae + Freddie Mac, used the FED to intervene in MBS (mortgage back securities), allowed troubled banks to sell their depressed loans to govenrment agencies as collateral.

In the worst case scenario, if property valuations > -50%, mark my word - they may even nationalize companies like capitaland, etc because these are flagship economic entities of Singapore. But will we go there, probably not.

With regards to ABSD -> keep in mind, this is a measure undertaken by the government in a very delayed manner after prices have gone up.

I will think that reduction of ABSD will also happen in a delayed manner.

Question is, how to time this? Impossible. You probably have better luck timing in buying a stock then to time a government measure.

In M'sia, they did the same thing towards foreigners (quota). During the late 1990s when everyone was rushing into M'sia they reduced the quota drastically. But did they start increasing the quota when prices have bottomed? No.

What i am trying to say is, your expectation of ABSD timing is irrelevant. You are much better off in timing your entry price. Whether the government is on your side at that time, no one can predict.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

phantom_opera
29-07-13, 21:58
China also not solid. Last time before crash SSE was 6000.

i am waiting to buy .. accumulating

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:02
Bro, if investor is not financially savvy, the best investment is property... Slow and steady..l, tenant pay for unit leh....

Financial can be nerve racking... Look at Citibank - from 50+ to 1 and today 5 (actual price is 50 because of reverse split)...

Imagine your 100k now become 10k...:doh: :doh:

Look at keppeland, peak @ about 8 if I remember, today 3.6:doh: :doh:
Of course got right issue lar...

For those not savvy, I really pity them... But I bot keppeland when it hit 1.5 leh... Hahahahahaha. During the crisis, managed to pick up some bargains....

:D :D :D

There is no bubble la. Just that property investment suck up a lot of liquidity vs other instruments I think, now every tom dick and harry wanna buy property....

Like many bros say before... sell only if u are sure u can put the money to better use. This may be diff for diff people...

Some spend on lavish holidays
Some spend on cosmetic surgery
Some spend on cars
Some spend on their loved ones
Some punt stocks n shares
Some splurge big on cashino
Some go and buy foreign properties
and some, hoping for the next crash... it will come... but when?

Better to plan within what you know with high certainty than the mostly unknown.

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 22:03
Bro lot286...i like ur avatar. It is my favorite animal.

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 22:05
Bro, if investor is not financially savvy, the best investment is property... Slow and steady..l, tenant pay for unit leh....

Financial can be nerve racking... Look at Citibank - from 50+ to 1 and today 5 (actual price is 50 because of reverse split)...

Imagine your 100k now become 10k...:doh: :doh:

Look at keppeland, peak @ about 8 if I remember, today 3.6:doh: :doh:
Of course got right issue lar...

For those not savvy, I really pity them... But I bot keppeland when it hit 1.5 leh... Hahahahahaha. During the crisis, managed to pick up some bargains....

:D :D :D

Dont look back too much, if i may suggest.... look forward more to move forward.

Gaily forward and out. Nitez

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:05
Ok, so if absd not removed, @ what % will u go in????

Just curious????

The fact of the matter is, coming back to Chestnut's original thread question is..

Yes, the government will reduce ABSD, for sure, if property market starts to weaken rapidly. In fact, they will do all sorts of things in a crisis scenario to prevent property valuation from coming down too low, too fast.

Take the example of what the FED and the US government did during the US financial crisis (08-09). They nationalized Fannie Mae + Freddie Mac, used the FED to intervene in MBS (mortgage back securities), allowed troubled banks to sell their depressed loans to govenrment agencies as collateral.

In the worst case scenario, if property valuations > -50%, mark my word - they may even nationalize companies like capitaland, etc because these are flagship economic entities of Singapore. But will we go there, probably not.

With regards to ABSD -> keep in mind, this is a measure undertaken by the government in a very delayed manner after prices have gone up.

I will think that reduction of ABSD will also happen in a delayed manner.

Question is, how to time this? Impossible. You probably have better luck timing in buying a stock then to time a government measure.

In M'sia, they did the same thing towards foreigners (quota). During the late 1990s when everyone was rushing into M'sia they reduced the quota drastically. But did they start increasing the quota when prices have bottomed? No.

What i am trying to say is, your expectation of ABSD timing is irrelevant. You are much better off in timing your entry price. Whether the government is on your side at that time, no one can predict.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:06
Dont look back too much, if i may suggest.... look forward more to move forward.

Gaily forward and out. Nitez

I use history to help me see the future....

Me already invested quite a fair bit in US market and some other instrument...

Goodnite.

Arcachon
29-07-13, 22:07
Don't need ABSD removed, Don't need % drop, just loan money to me I will go in.

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:09
Don't need ABSD removed, just loan money to me I will go in.

Brudder, I agree... Many people I know now cannot go in because of loan issue leh.....

:ashamed1: :ashamed1:

3C
29-07-13, 22:15
I have been bought into; "properties are to be bought not sold" . So decided to keep my cows and milk them until they grow old and die. Unless I need money, all these changing, guessing of properties up and down are wasting time for me. Just rest easy and wait for the newspaper to announce big big, "crashed" then hold mr B and mr tan hands to showroom shopping together.

star
29-07-13, 22:15
Alot of new mrt stations and mrt lines is coming up in future, they are not going to lose money on it. They going to take back every cent of investment. Be prepare for massive population increase.

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:27
I have been bought into; "properties are to be bought not sold" . So decided to keep my cows and milk them until they grow old and die. Unless I need money, all these changing, guessing of properties up and down are wasting time for me. Just rest easy and wait for the newspaper to announce big big, "crashed" then hold mr B and mr tan hands to showroom shopping together.

Hahahahahaha....

Actually this thread is to help those with 1 or 2 investment units to paint the scenario... So if absd not removed and prices drop 10%, they will be jialat...

Me keeping my units....

If prices drop 30%, if there absd still not removed, I will go in again leh.... Hahahahahaha

Cheers bro... But that's just me.... All of u make your own decision base on your own calculation hor... :cheers6: :spliff:

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:29
Alot of new mrt stations and mrt lines is coming up in future, they are not going to lose money on it. They going to take back every cent of investment. Be prepare for massive population increase.

Agree:cheers6: me still waiting for population report leh:cheers6:

thomastansb
29-07-13, 22:29
Depends on WHEN it is going to drop.

If you have 2 or more properties, I assume you will rent it out. Unless you so rich that you can leave it vacant then you shouldn't even be bothered if prices is going up or down.

Let's say the property is 1M. Rent out 3.5k a month. Yield is about 4.2%.

If property drop 30% in 2014, of course you are better off selling NOW.

If property drop 30% in 2018, you are better off holding and renting it out.

So assume 2 scenarios,

1. 2 properties
If u sell 1 away, how much must property prices drop before it is worth it to go back in????

2. 3 properties and above
If u sell 1 away and left with 2 or more, how much must property prices drop before it is worth to go back in????

Of course u can say they will remove absd... But how many % u think it needs to drop before absd is removed????

Do u think
1. drop 7%, govt will remove absd
2. Drop 10%, govt will remove absd
3. Drop 15%, govt will remove absd

If they don't remove absd, then at what % u think worth it to go back in??? Do u think u can still qualify with the new rule??? How many year loan u can take???

Many question here for you to do simulation....

Cheers....

Food for thought.... No rite or wrong answer, only u know if u can still play....

:cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6:

You guys can put in other scenarios....

:cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6:

Then we discuss....

phantom_opera
29-07-13, 22:30
ECP (Fort Road) & KPE Slip Road onto ECP – 2 gantries (i.e, towards city)
From 8:30 am – 9:00 am, charges will go up from $5 to $6.

=> :beats-me-man: ... go figure out the 20% jump

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:31
Brudder, I not selling lar... I tickling people's mind lar....

Lately, many seem to be saying price will drop... I so blur lar....:doh:

Depends on WHEN it is going to drop.

If you have 2 or more properties, I assume you will rent it out. Unless you so rich that you can leave it vacant then you shouldn't even be bothered if prices is going up or down.

Let's say the property is 1M. Rent out 3.5k a month. Yield is about 4.2%.

If property drop 30% in 2014, of course you are better off selling NOW.

If property drop 30% in 2018, you are better off holding and renting it out.

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:33

Brudder, what I cannot figure out is why people think 'recession' coming when we just came out of one :confused: :confused:

phantom_opera
29-07-13, 22:36
Brudder, what I cannot figure out is why people think 'recession' coming when we just came out of one :confused: :confused:

Bulls climb walls of worries

:D

Recently I read LKY speech, he said charge per use for car has proven to be a failure but high COE ppl kpkb, so build NS expressway + many MRT lines .. then property price MUST GO UP

i think he is the most bullish in properties in PAP :rolleyes:

chestnut
29-07-13, 22:38

Oh ok...

Bulls are happy people

Bears are sad people

Interesting .....

I am converting to bull status.... Hahahahahaha

thomastansb
29-07-13, 22:46
This one small Lee cock up big time. Last time, the control is on number of vehicles. Everyone happy because car is not for the poor. The understanding is there so people suck it up.

Then he kay kiang, go release more COE and remove the 30% downpayment. Those who buy cheap, of course happy. Those who are buying expensive now, and yet have to pay $6 ERP, of course damn unhappy. And there is also a group where they can't pay 50% downpayment, they also unhappy because 3 years ago, people can loan 100% for a 55k car. Now, 55k downpayment also not enough.

This show that if things are not broken, don't fix it. This is what happen when you fix something that is working and now, everything is falling apart.

Recently I read LKY speech, he said charge per use for car has proven to be a failure but high COE ppl kpkb, so build NS expressway + many MRT lines .. then property price MUST GO UP

i think he is the most bullish in properties in PAP :rolleyes:

thomastansb
29-07-13, 22:49
I started looking at property since late 90s when I was still a teenager. Every year, many people will say drop without fail. 1997 peak, people say will drop. 2003 SARS period, people say drop. 2005, people say will drop. 2007, people also say drop. I don't believe anyone has the foresight to say when it will drop.

Brudder, I not selling lar... I tickling people's mind lar....

Lately, many seem to be saying price will drop... I so blur lar....:doh:

radha08
29-07-13, 23:22

Omg that is daylight robbery:scared-3:

newbie11
30-07-13, 01:53
is it worrying when everyone knows all the positive factors that drive the buying frenzy which leads to today's state?

chestnut
30-07-13, 04:49
is it worrying when everyone knows all the positive factors that drive the buying frenzy which leads to today's state?

Brudder, if u look at history since say 1960 till today... What u will notice is inflation will prevail over the long term... More so today with QE....

If anyone fails to recognize this, what can I say????

If u look at US since 1900 till today and compare say coke, houses, etc... You will find inflation always prevail....:cheers4:

Simi
30-07-13, 05:20
If I sell now

will re registered myself as Mr B2 :D

chestnut
30-07-13, 05:30
If I sell now

will re registered myself as Mr B2 :D

My ex tenant sold their condo and rented anchorage from me for 5 years. They were waiting for prices to drop. They were so sure prices would drop.... They bot their house a few months ago and I have since found another tenant...

So assume ave rental is 50k/year... They spent 250k on rental:doh: :doh:

But I never complain, I just feel sad for their gamble....

How to predict so accurately.... If can predict up or down.... Many here already whack 10 units during good old days when there were minimal restriction, even on loan...

Hahahaha

Simi
30-07-13, 05:55
My ex tenant sold their condo and rented anchorage from me for 5 years. They were waiting for prices to drop. They were so sure prices would drop.... They bot their house a few months ago and I have since found another tenant...

So assume ave rental is 50k/year... They spent 250k on rental:doh: :doh:

But I never complain, I just feel sad for their gamble....

How to predict so accurately.... If can predict up or down.... Many here already whack 10 units during good old days when there were minimal restriction, even on loan...

Hahahaha

Your ex tenant may have applied stock market shorting on the property market. And to do so with their only property is very unwise.

If they are so sure that property price will drop then it is better off shorting the property counter then to gamble on their resident property. So sad

chestnut
30-07-13, 05:59
Your ex tenant may have applied stock market shorting on the property market. And to do so with their only property is very unwise.

If they are so sure that property price will drop then it is better off shorting the property counter then to gamble on their resident property. So sad

Simi, this are fellow Singaporeans leh.... That's why I actually give them discount when they asked from me... My unit was rented at a few hundred cheaper than the rest of the units in anchorage because I felt so sad for them....

I tell u another joke... I now renting out my clover by the park, 28 floor solid view to locals as well:doh: :doh: :doh:

Coming 2 years Liao.... 4k/month....now rental there is about 5k/month... Renewal due.... Believe I need to do national service again :doh: :doh:

chiaberry
30-07-13, 07:22
I tell u another joke... I now renting out my clover by the park, 28 floor solid view to locals as well:doh: :doh: :doh:

Coming 2 years Liao.... 4k/month....now rental there is about 5k/month... Renewal due.... Believe I need to do national service again :doh: :doh:

Probably it's for the school (Catholic High).

chestnut
30-07-13, 08:08
Probably it's for the school (Catholic High).

Newly married couple leh.

mcmlxxvi
30-07-13, 08:36
bro, i was at bishan park the other day....canopy.... coke cost 7 bucks.... steam steam...

water is healthier and foc

phantom_opera
30-07-13, 09:18
I hate to repeat this ... M3 (total money supply in Singapore) is now something like 506,000 million and still growing at the rate of 10% pa

10% of 506,000 million is 50,600 million

Divide by 365 you have 138.6 million per day

We have 138.6 million money creation daily :2cents:

Divide by 5 million population, that is 27.7 per head per day
or about 10k per year

Any problem with this calculation?? :D

chestnut
30-07-13, 09:21
I like what Dirty Harry say

"Come on, Make my day".... Of course in a very positive light....

I hate to repeat this ... M3 (total money supply in Singapore) is now something like 506,000 million and still growing at the rate of 10% pa

10% of 506,000 million is 50,600 million

Divide by 365 you have 138.6 million per day

We have 138.6 million money creation daily :2cents:

Divide by 5 million population, that is 27.7m per head per day :scared-1:

Any problem with this calculation?? :D

phantom_opera
30-07-13, 09:26
I like what Dirty Harry say

"Come on, Make my day".... Of course in a very positive light....

So 10k per year per population is the current money growth rate, a family of 3 will be 30k per year, a family of 4 will be 40k per year

Where is that going?? probably grant for BTO HDB, GST rebate, Medisave top up, CPF interest etc etc :p

Conclusion: LPPL if GDP growth is low

chestnut
30-07-13, 09:31
Dear bros and sis, an investor once told me this which i felt very interesting concept... btw, he is my family doctor...

When times are good, downgrade along the way.... (so when things take a turn for the worst, you are less affect... at the same time, you are still in the game should your prediction be wrong.... Just that you make less)

When time are bad, upgrade along the way... (so when takes turn for the better, your exposure is greater and you get more returns.... At the same time, if you buy at the worst time, the bigger unit offers a better discount than your smaller unit - in value wise)...

No rite, no wrong... Just your investing philosophy at play here... Just share share only

The reason why he say all this - thats according to him.... We can never predict the market accurately but we play to the max advantage with minimal losses.... Again, it depends on each person's risk appetite.:eek:

:cheers5::cheers4::cheers5::cheers4::cheers5::cheers4:
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

chestnut
30-07-13, 09:32
Brudder, i always believe you are a deep one !!! A Compliment !!!!!

You are forever so gracious in your sharing....

Thank You....

I have learnt a lot from your sharing

So 10k per year per population is the current money growth rate, a family of 3 will be 30k per year, a family of 4 will be 40k per year

Where is that going?? probably grant for BTO HDB, GST rebate, Medisave top up, CPF interest etc etc :p

Conclusion: LPPL if GDP growth is low

Simi
30-07-13, 14:30
Simi, this are fellow Singaporeans leh.... That's why I actually give them discount when they asked from me... My unit was rented at a few hundred cheaper than the rest of the units in anchorage because I felt so sad for them....

Oh gosh

this is no joke

if they have 2 ~ 3 properties on hand then selling them 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 years ago
in fact is not wrong la...after all a Profit is a Profit

But to take a bet and sell even their residential property ? ....:doh: :doh:
not only have they inconvenience themselves when the market goes against them but also their loves one.

peterng8
30-07-13, 15:45
Oh gosh

this is no joke

not only have they inconvenience themselves when the market goes against them but also their loves one.

I like this forum, can know alot of "funny" things people did just to get their hand on a condo and/or to profit even from their only residential property with no or little backup...chinese proverb " to kill wrongly rather than to let go" must be their life philosophy...garmen has every right to get very worried and concerned(even after so many CMs).....:D

chestnut
30-07-13, 16:27
Oh gosh

this is no joke

Brudder, true story hor..... No joke.... Now you know why I give discount.... 5 years of renting hor...

My first tenant there was an expat from US who was Asian.... Cheem hor... Rented for >6 years.... Wanted to buy from me... I didnt want to sell... Finally bot a unit in Anchorage and shifted out.... He decided to use his allowance to pay for the house instead of paying it to me and in turn, I use it to pay for my unit and the spare cash from the rental, I keep in the bank to lim kopi....

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

sunny88
31-07-13, 13:59
bro, i was at bishan park the other day....canopy.... coke cost 7 bucks.... steam steam...

water is healthier and foc

some waiters will ask "Still or Sparkling?" when you request for water.

then whack you $5/6 for bottled water!! :banghead: :banghead:

freesoul
02-08-13, 14:12
so cannot sell, must hold

4wheels
02-08-13, 14:47
so cannot sell, must hold

nothing is for sure!:doh: :D

GForce
02-08-13, 17:38
Dear bros and sis, an investor once told me this which i felt very interesting concept... btw, he is my family doctor...

When times are good, downgrade along the way.... (so when things take a turn for the worst, you are less affect... at the same time, you are still in the game should your prediction be wrong.... Just that you make less)

When time are bad, upgrade along the way... (so when takes turn for the better, your exposure is greater and you get more returns.... At the same time, if you buy at the worst time, the bigger unit offers a better discount than your smaller unit - in value wise)...

No rite, no wrong... Just your investing philosophy at play here... Just share share only

The reason why he say all this - thats according to him.... We can never predict the market accurately but we play to the max advantage with minimal losses.... Again, it depends on each person's risk appetite.:eek:

:cheers5::cheers4::cheers5::cheers4::cheers5::cheers4:

yr friend Very wise indeed but how many people can do it???