PDA

View Full Version : New private home sales dropped 14.1% on-qtr

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 10:13
Chart of the Day: New private home sales dropped 14.1% to 4,649 units

7th round of cooling measures take bite.Savills said that according to the latest flash estimates, Singapore’s GDP in Q2/2013 improved beyond expectations, growing by 15.2% QoQ, faster than the 1.8% growth in the previous quarter. Meanwhile, the affinity for real estate has not abated as new home sales volumes in the second quarter stayed resilient despite tough measures introduced in January.Here's more from Savills:

In June alone, 1,806 residential units were sold in the primary market, 23.8% higher than May’s volume, making it the second consecutive month of rising sales volumes.Overall however, total quarterly new private home sales eased by 14.1% to 4,649 units compared with 5,412 units in Q1/2013, as the government’s seventh round of cooling measures started to take effect. Nevertheless, total new sales volumes in the first six months of 2013 remained healthy, with the secondhighest volumes seen in the same period since 2009.*- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/chart-day-new-private-home-sales-dropped-141-4649-units#sthash.S5pTXaEj.dpuf

狮子王
29-07-13, 11:09
SEE ? WHAT DID I WARN A FEW DAYS AGO?

NOW YOU BELIEVE I AM THE ILLUMINATED LIAO BO?

狮子王
29-07-13, 11:10
But brother mcmlxxvi dun need to worry, u have a good heart. You will prosper.

mermaid
29-07-13, 11:53
SEE ? WHAT DID I WARN A FEW DAYS AGO?

NOW YOU BELIEVE I AM THE ILLUMINATED LIAO BO?

ppl hv eyes to see one. if a person is brilliant, we will noe; we dun nid constant reminders on tat :tsk-tsk:

if constant reminders r required to justify, something must be wrong somewhere.

hope I dun sound too offensive, but I kinda got irritated by such non constructive spammings from u in almost every discussion threads den I went in.

not juz u, more n more ppl behaving like u liao :banghead:

狮子王
29-07-13, 12:20
ppl hv eyes to see one. if a person is brilliant, we will noe; we dun nid constant reminders on tat :tsk-tsk:

if constant reminders r required to justify, something must be wrong somewhere.

hope I dun sound too offensive, but I kinda got irritated by such non constructive spammings from u in almost every discussion threads den I went in.

not juz u, more n more ppl behaving like u liao :banghead:

Fine. Actually I wanted to share something but...

Since you so DISLIKE ME, I GO NOW and

GOOD LUCK !

Regulators
29-07-13, 12:37
With the cooling measures, I think it is expected that sales will drop, that is a no brainer

princess_morbucks
29-07-13, 12:46
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/money/story/singapore-resale-home-prices-drop-04-june-20130729

By Melissa Tan
Resale home prices slid 0.4 per cent from May to June as more buyers chose new launches over resale units.

The rate of decline was slightly steeper than the 0.2 per cent dip from April to May, according to flash Singapore Resale Price Index (SRPI) figures released on Monday by the National University of Singapore.

The drop was largest in the central region at 1.5 per cent in June. This outweighed a 0.5 per cent rise in resale prices in non-central regions that month.

Resale prices of small homes, of 506 sq ft or less in size, declined 1 per cent in June.

mermaid
29-07-13, 12:52
whether it is the result of CMs taking effect will not be obvious, cos new launches is not consistent across mths or quarters.

princess_morbucks
29-07-13, 12:52

GOOD LUCK !

Hi, lion king...please ignore the mermaid.
More people like you than dislike you.
So you shouldn't go.
I command you to stay hor, mr handsome.

mcmlxxvi
29-07-13, 13:26
But brother mcmlxxvi dun need to worry, u have a good heart. You will prosper.

Thank u handsome bro. Pls stay around. Let us share in your wisdom ... i think i have learnt to differentiate between ur siao lang mode n serious mode so i have much more can learn from u!

The market is indeed cooling a bit... anyone who denies it is a cuckoo with head buried in fort siloso beach.

There are only so many queues a sinkie can q for.

After hello kitty and minions....where got so much energy and bullets to q for properties??

yowetan
29-07-13, 13:53

GOOD LUCK !

All of my friends have manage to change to one owner name, and encash some liquid. They are ready to enter the market.

Please let them and me know which are the good buy(s) though I am already ruling out after my Mt Sinai coop.

Simi
29-07-13, 14:23
All of my friends have manage to change to one owner name, and encash some liquid. They are ready to enter the market.

Please let them and me know which are the good buy(s) though I am already ruling out after my Mt Sinai coop.

狮子王 next project will be the

Marina One @ Marina Bay

jwong71
29-07-13, 18:57
With the cooling measures, I think it is expected that sales will drop, that is a no brainer

plus the strict ruling on the loans.

a frd of mine, tried to take up bank loan on a hdb flat. loan quantum 230k.

his income 3.5k. bank can loan him up to 187k only. :doh:

smartboy2
29-07-13, 21:25
TDSR prevented more people from over buying and over leveraging.

This is a good cause, provides more stability to the prop mkt and also discourage more to follow the herd.

Buy 1 more only if u have HOLDING POWER