PDA

View Full Version : prudence Singkies

phantom_opera
26-07-13, 23:32
=> :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sinkies are now advised to be prudent and not to buy too many over priced properties. Would anyone want to advise Sinkies not to be warded in expensive hospital wards that they cannot afford to pay or would empty their little savings in their Medisave accounts? Would anyone want to tell Sinkies to buy flats that are within their means or even smaller so that they have more money left? Cannot? Why cannot? Oh, because the law says you must buy big flats if you have more money or stay in more expensive wards. But I want to be prudent can or not?

This is the kind of logic is like head I win tail you lose. Who is best is using such logic to con the daft Sinkies of their money by forcing them to spend more than they should and then cry, be prudent, be prudent?
Colin Tan, the property expert from Chesterton, said that this call for prudence is a few years too late when the prices are already so high and many Sinkies have already invested.

I think all the calls for prudence is unnecessary. The property prices will continue to go up and all the Sinkies and foreign investors will stand to make a lot of profit before 2030. They will be more foreigners coming here and need to buy a place to stay. And they will be a lot of hot money to be parked here in this absolutely safe financial centre and low tax haven.
And if not enough is coming in, just relax the immigration laws and they will all be flooding in. No need to be prudent. Go, grab whatever properties available out there. The population is going to 6.9m and you know how many more properties are needed. The present available properties will simply be not enough.

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean

wirehtc
26-07-13, 23:39
More to allow first timers n foreigners to buy, rather than help Singaporeans to be prudent.

indomie
27-07-13, 07:28
According to the chart by 2030 sg economy wil triple. Its triple... Not double.
http://www.cfoinnovation.com/system/files/cfo/ASEAN_GDP_2000-30.jpg

chestnut
27-07-13, 07:33
Brudder, I think u got crystal ball... Today's environment works better with crystal ball leh.... Those extra eye cannot jalan already...

Me trust your prediction more leh....

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

According to the chart by 2030 sg economy wil triple. Its triple... Not double.
http://www.cfoinnovation.com/system/files/cfo/ASEAN_GDP_2000-30.jpg

hyenergix
27-07-13, 07:40
GDP per capita (after accounting for inflation) is more meaningful. Rem a significant portion of the growth will be driven by immigration.

indomie
27-07-13, 07:56
GDP per capita (after accounting for inflation) is more meaningful. Rem a significant portion of the growth will be driven by immigration.
http://www.jbic.go.jp/en/report/jbic-today/2007/03/img/02_figure_01.gif
In a more evenly distributed economy like sg GDP per capita is more meaningful. In a less distributed economy like Indonesia, GDP nominal is more meaningful. Its true that a significant portion of the growth will be driven by immigration. However in sg case, the migrants are mostly rich. They are as rich as singaporeans or even richer.

hyenergix
27-07-13, 08:03
http://www.jbic.go.jp/en/report/jbic-today/2007/03/img/02_figure_01.gif
In a more evenly distributed economy like sg GDP per capita is more meaningful. In a less distributed economy like Indonesia, GDP nominal is more meaningful. Its true that a significant portion of the growth will be driven by immigration. However in sg case, the migrants are mostly rich. They are as rich as singaporeans or even richer.

This is my point that the GDP growth may not benefit average Singaporeans as much as the GDP growth suggests. Many will be worse off in fact, especially the retirees who did not factor in inflation into their savings and have no insurance. Just get ready for more inflation.

indomie
27-07-13, 08:40
This is my point that the GDP growth may not benefit average Singaporeans as much as the GDP growth suggests. Many will be worse off in fact, especially the retirees who did not factor in inflation into their savings and have no insurance. Just get ready for more inflation.
Yes... Get ready for more inflation. This time is heavy.

indomie
27-07-13, 08:46
Beef prices in Indonesia World's Most Expensive
*Illustration: beef Wholesalers

JAKARTA, - price of beef in Indonesia today is the most expensive in the world. Domestic prices ranging from Rp 90,000 per kilogram, while in other countries only around Rp 40,000. The government was asked to intervene to stabilize the price of meat.
In fact it's been three months the price of meat would not go down. If this is allowed to continue, then approached the fasting and Eid meat prices could touch the level of Rp 120,000 per kilogram. It is beyond people's purchasing power.
- Krisnamurthi

chestnut
27-07-13, 09:27
Brudder, I think u got crystal ball... Today's environment works better with crystal ball leh.... Those extra eye cannot jalan already...

Me trust your prediction more leh....

Me believe phantom also

DC33_2008
27-07-13, 09:48
Property is bought to be kept in particular FH ones in good location.

chestnut
27-07-13, 10:13
Property is bought to be kept in particular FH ones in good location.

Me believe DC as well :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

phantom_opera
27-07-13, 10:22
be warned, due to years of importing FTs, Singapore genetic pool has improved tremendously, your children are competing the best genes from china India Indonesia etc

that's why parents buying up assets first to give their children with lesser gene a head start

hard truths

indomie
27-07-13, 10:31
be warned, due to years of importing FTs, Singapore genetic pool has improved tremendously, your children are competing the best genes from china India Indonesia etc

that's why parents buying up assets first to give their children with lesser gene a head start

hard truths
Not gene. Its more likely business connection in the home country or rich grandfather money. Imagine if the rich grandfather who own million square kilometer palm plantation in malaysia or factories inheriting these FT kids. How to compete with them?

DC33_2008
27-07-13, 10:37
I see it as great opportunity. Why compete? Work with them to leverage.
Not gene. Its more likely business connection in the home country or rich grandfather money. Imagine if the rich grandfather who own million square kilometer palm plantation in malaysia or factories inheriting these FT kids. How to compete with them?

The_Way_I_See_It
28-07-13, 17:10
More to allow first timers n foreigners to buy, rather than help Singaporeans to be prudent.

Ha Ha ... I could'nt have thought of this ..but i see your point there.. more foreigners first time buyers with stake of properties in here .. so that they will always have their interest here .. and then the dream of the grand nvision of population white paper in 2030 will be realized ...:D