PDA

View Full Version : NDP Surprise

Ringo33
25-07-13, 18:42
Is PM Lee going to pull some surprise out of the hat in this year ND Rally?

Minister of State for Finance and Transport, Mrs Josephine Teo, said the inter-agency Changi 2036 Steering Committee, has completed "a major part of its work".
The committee is tasked with looking into Changi airport's future needs, including the masterplan for development at Changi East.
The work includes the scale and timeline of the development.
Mrs Teo said details will likely be shared at the National Day Rally.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/details-of-changi-east/756226.html

vboy
26-07-13, 09:39
Mega expansion plans for Changi Airport
A fifth terminal and third runway part of project to be unveiled in Aug

Published on Jul 26, 2013
7:20 AM

newspostPurchase this article for republication
photobankBuy SPH photos

Children at the viewing gallery of Terminal 1 of Changi Airport. Plans for Changi Airport's biggest expansion in more than three decades will be released next month. -- ST FILE PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG

By Karamjit Kaur Aviation Correspondent

Plans for Changi Airport's biggest expansion in more than three decades will be released next month.

The project includes the construction of Terminal 5 (T5) - the airport's biggest passenger facility - a third runway for commercial flights, cargo complexes and other supporting infrastructure.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is expected to unveil the plans during his National Day Rally speech, insiders said.

Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo, who leads a 10-member multi-agency committee that has been working on the blueprint for around 18 months, revealed few details when she met reporters yesterday.

mcmlxxvi
26-07-13, 10:34
So how does it impact properties... and perhaps project in the vicinity eg jlb and flora areas?

狮子王
26-07-13, 10:35
Is PM Lee going to pull some surprise out of the hat in this year ND Rally?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/details-of-changi-east/756226.html

I hope PM Lee would talk about the danger of over borrowing from the banks. That would be a very very interesting topic. And he can bring up examples of such consequences- That would captivate the audience indeed.

Or he can keep the speech shorter and invite Mr Khaw or Tharman to speak during the rally. In that manner, PM can rest during the second part and enjoy the rally together with us.

;)

狮子王
26-07-13, 10:42
I hope PM Lee would talk about the danger of over borrowing from the banks. That would be a very very interesting topic. And he can bring up examples of such consequences- That would captivate the audience indeed.

Or he can keep the speech shorter and invite Mr Khaw or Tharman to speak during the rally. In that manner, PM can rest during the second part and enjoy the rally together with us.

;)

During the rally, PM Lee, brothers AH Khaw or Tharman can bring up specific examples of the OVER borrowers and show photographs ( remember PM, do not use cartoons ) of the GREEDY aftermath of the property speculators (example, the empty houses in Chicago ) and of course explain the rationale behind all the Cooling Measures as well especially how interest rates can affect the ability of borrowers to pay the banks.

狮子王
26-07-13, 10:47
During the rally, PM Lee, brothers AH Khaw or Tharman can bring up specific examples of the OVER borrowers and show photographs ( remember PM, do not use cartoons ) of the GREEDY aftermath of the property speculators (example, the empty houses in Chicago ) and of course explain the rationale behind all the Cooling Measures as well especially how interest rates can affect the ability of borrowers to pay the banks.

A FULL 11 mins or more of this portion of the speech ( by PM, Ah Khaw or Tharman) will DRILL THE MESSAGE EFFECTIVELY ACROSS.

3 mins : PM Introduction and do a bit of explanation on the problem of over borrowing from the banks. Especially the 5% over borrowers.

5 mins: Tharman explains how MAS is tackling the problem of overheating property markets and the Cooling Measures and the logic behind.

3 mins: Ah Khaw will present the progress of the supply of HDB into the market and how that will keep the asset value of the middle income group safe.

狮子王
26-07-13, 11:07

BTW, PM, if you want to use the photographs during the rally, do ask your assistant to request permission from the photograph/website owners. This is because the whole world will be watching your rally, not only Singaporean. Don't want the angmo to create any problem here by screaming copyrights issue.

狮子王
26-07-13, 11:09
BTW, PM, if you want to the photographs during the rally, do ask your assistant to request permission from the photograph/website owners. This is because the whole world will be watching your rally, not only Singaporean. Don't want the angmo to create any problem here by screaming copyrights issue.

Dear beloved PM, Ah Khaw and Tharman, I have many youtube links about FED QEs for you. :) Just wait I go google now then later I come back and share the links.

economist
26-07-13, 14:28
Lots of buyer/investors are smart enough to do their own calculations on what happens if interest rate rises, to many, it's a huge commitment, and therefore they probably have already done their analysis.

Not everyone was over-leveraged like you, i guess.

狮子王
26-07-13, 15:13
Lots of buyer/investors are smart enough to do their own calculations on what happens if interest rate rises, to many, it's a huge commitment, and therefore they probably have already done their analysis.

Not everyone was over-leveraged like you, i guess.

I think you need to knock your head and pull your ears a few times to wake up. You simply do not understand my message. But anyway, like many younger boys and girls, they are too proud to want to listen to an old uncle like me. I eat salt more than you eat hamburgers.

Your concern as an economist is GDP and numbers. I am different from you, I know the economy has much deep underlying political implications. Look at the social upheavals of many countries like Spain around the World when the economy went down.

hopeful
26-07-13, 15:19
.......they are too proud to want to listen to an old uncle like me. I eat salt more than you eat hamburgers.
take care of your health la.
and eating more salt supposed to earn you bragging rights?

狮子王
26-07-13, 17:56
take care of your health la.
and eating more salt supposed to earn you bragging rights?

NI GONG SIMI ( WHAT TALKING YOU ?)

You think I am bragging? My theories are all supported by my own research in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqhEi2EhtM4

狮子王
26-07-13, 17:58

;)

狮子王
26-07-13, 17:59
A FULL 11 mins or more of this portion of the speech ( by PM, Ah Khaw or Tharman) will DRILL THE MESSAGE EFFECTIVELY ACROSS.

3 mins : PM Introduction and do a bit of explanation on the problem of over borrowing from the banks. Especially the 5% over borrowers.

5 mins: Tharman explains how MAS is tackling the problem of overheating property markets and the Cooling Measures and the logic behind.

3 mins: Ah Khaw will present the progress of the supply of HDB into the market and how that will keep the asset value of the middle income group safe.