PDA

View Full Version : Lion King's hidden agenda is to create fear

economist
23-07-13, 23:35
While it is always right to promote prudence, and promote keeping enough cash buffer, and to calculate different interest rate scenarios (as all banks have always been supposed to advise customers in such a way for years), Lion King has gone further by repeating similar messages/videos in various ways, and to quote irrelevant cases like China's recent spike of 30%, which is actually overnight or 7-day repo rate, while Singapore's mortgage loans are based on 1-month or 3-month SIBOR/SOR, which does not usually have such spikes (just check the historical chart).

By doing so would raise suspicion that Lion King is doing this for selfish reasons, e.g. to justify his recent sell, or to buy his next target at lower prices. Well, actually this is what most people are here for, but I'm just quite free now, and would like to point this out. I'm not saying Lion King should not do this, everyone has his own reasons, and forum is an open space for all to find info, discuss, and try to achieve his hidden agenda.

lot286
23-07-13, 23:47
Do you actually think that people coming here who posts do not have hidden agendas?

economist
23-07-13, 23:48
Do you actually think that people coming here who posts do not have hidden agendas?

I know, and I have said, "I'm not saying Lion King should not do this, everyone has his own reasons, and forum is an open space for all to find info, discuss, and try to achieve his hidden agenda."

economist
23-07-13, 23:49
Just find it's quite funny, :D

economist
24-07-13, 00:00
But with due respect, everyone has his right to post what he likes in the forum, nothing right or wrong. As for "funny", i'm referring to how he tried hard to change his tone (from bullish to trying to create fear) without getting too obvious :D

walkthetiger
24-07-13, 08:26
But with due respect, everyone has his right to post what he likes in the forum, nothing right or wrong. As for "funny", i'm referring to how he tried hard to change his tone (from bullish to trying to create fear) without getting too obvious :D

The property has indeed turning away from bull... very in line with the thinking of many.Please share the explanations for why it doesn’t make sense to you, guess many will also appreciate such contribution.

lionhill
24-07-13, 08:57
agree. it is possible that the savvy investors have already downsized their holding and accumulated sufficient ammo to buy low. Therefore they started to talk down the market.

but generally speaking, lion king and chestnut are candid and some of their views are solid although a bit exaggerated.

it is interesting to know that most over-leveraged people are the rich and very few of the poor are overleveraged. maybe, that's the reason why there are rich and poor people.

sherlock
24-07-13, 09:27
This forum has been very `enlightening' and I appreciate the views many of the forummers here.

Personally I felt that while everyone has the right to post what they feel or what they are doing/ have done, it is still not enough to move the market just by their action(s).

If anyone or Lion King in this instance can instill fear in others and thus coaxing home-owners to sell at lower prices, then he is really damn good as the govt can't even do that :doh:

Hidden agenda or not, read with a pinch of salt and do your due diligence.

mermaid
24-07-13, 09:42
aiya, a lot of ppl who posted here hv hidden agendas or selfish motives. dun really need to pinpoint is siang or do simi personal attacks.

juz be smart n not "light ears" den u wun be easily swayed by others liao lor ...

but I hv to admit tat some of them de tactics r really 滥 hahaha :D

chestnut
24-07-13, 09:45
Me think, many point out opposite views is good. Makes 1 think harder. Hahahahaha let u look at diverse view and then can debate mah. Hahahaha

economist
24-07-13, 09:52
... Please share the explanations for why it doesn’t make sense to you, guess many will also appreciate such contribution.

I will copy some of my previous posts here:
"he quoted irrelevant cases like China's recent spike of 30%, which is actually overnight or 7-day repo rate, while Singapore's mortgage loans are based on 1-month or 3-month SIBOR/SOR, which does not usually have such spikes (just check the historical chart)."

"Speaking of interest rate and property price, there is no strong link, that is, property can go up and down no matter whether interest rate is moving up or down, check this graph out.
http://www.singaporepropertycycle.com.sg/market-trends/singapore-property-price-index-and-3-month-sibor/
"

Btw, China has rather a close capital system. SIBOR 1-m and 3-m is more linked to US short-term rate (similar duration), the recent US rate increase was rather for those longer durations, e.g 10-year, 30-year; and this has caused SGS longer durations' yield to jump higher, however, all these don't impact Singapore short-term rate, and Ah Ben has reiterated again and again that Fed fund rate and therefore short-term rate will be kept low for long-enough time. All these are based on facts.

He also suggested Tharman is too kind with 30% haircut to income that is not regular, and he threw the number of 50%. It doesn't make much sense.

Well, he posted many, i'm sure you can sense what are those exaggerated ones and what are those sensible ones.

Again, I'm supportive of prudent financing, and enough cash buffer, and i'm against over-leveraging, for which I'm glad govt has implemented many policies.

economist
24-07-13, 09:55
aiya, a lot of ppl who posted here hv hidden agendas or selfish motives. dun really need to pinpoint is siang or do simi personal attacks.

juz be smart n not "light ears" den u wun be easily swayed by others liao lor ...

but I hv to admit tat some of them de tactics r really 滥 hahaha :D

No personal attacks.

Lion King is a seasoned investor, and investors all have different views all the time, that is why a seller can find a buyer.

lot286
24-07-13, 09:55
You are right.
The spike in China rates has nothing to do with fears of global tightening fears (QE related).:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

IF anything, China is experiencing a slowdown that in the long run its authorities can do nothing about (because the system is over leveraged and government spending needs to be reined).

This just popped up 1 minute ago.

By Bloomberg News
July 24 (Bloomberg) -- China banned government and
Communist Party agencies from constructing new buildings for
five years and told them to suspend projects that have already
won approval as the country seeks to cut wasteful spending.
The ban includes construction for purposes of training,
meetings and accommodation, the government said in a statement
on its website yesterday, calling for resources to be spent
instead on developing the economy and improving public welfare.
All localities should report the implementation of the new rules
by Sept. 30, according to the statement.

economist
24-07-13, 10:02
Continue on the interest rate, if short-term rate does go higher, say to 5% as some have advocated (in order to create fear), let me ask you, how high would be longer-term rates be? and how can US government and other OECD countries handle its public debt which increased tremendously in the past few years? and what kind of world disorders it will create? Think.

walkthetiger
24-07-13, 10:07
but generally speaking, lion king and chestnut are candid and some of their views are solid although a bit exaggerated.

Surely, the market can't turn around by them, the most it will just speed up the downhill process by just a little with help from those who frequent here. Anyway, many see it is happening already.
With the J-gateway case, it also appears clear to me that there are many who have steel made balls viewing risk as very little to them. Good for them.

mermaid
24-07-13, 10:20
No personal attacks.

Lion King is a seasoned investor, and investors all have different views all the time, that is why a seller can find a buyer.

but I see some forummers here attacking/insulting one another when they hv conflicting hidden agendas wor! :scared-1:

pool100
24-07-13, 10:55
agree. it is possible that the savvy investors have already downsized their holding and accumulated sufficient ammo to buy low. Therefore they started to talk down the market.

it is interesting to know that most over-leveraged people are the rich and very few of the poor are overleveraged. maybe, that's the reason why there are rich and poor people.

Lionhill, are you related to Lion King? :o

mcmlxxvi
24-07-13, 11:27
Lion King sits on Lion hill in the Lion City? lol

trump7
24-07-13, 12:57
Continue on the interest rate, if short-term rate does go higher, say to 5% as some have advocated (in order to create fear), let me ask you, how high would be longer-term rates be? and how can US government and other OECD countries handle its public debt which increased tremendously in the past few years? and what kind of world disorders it will create? Think.

Very good point. Well said!

economist
24-07-13, 13:14

Back it up with a graph which shows how much OECD countries increased their government debt in recent years, mind you that many of them still running deficit even at such a low interest rate environment.

http://flipchartfairytales.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/oecd-debt-2013.png

economist
24-07-13, 13:21
Back it up with a graph which shows how much OECD countries increased their government debt in recent years, mind you that many of them still running deficit even at such a low interest rate environment.

http://flipchartfairytales.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/oecd-debt-2013.png

Disclaimer: I'm not saying short-term rates will not go higher, and I'm supportive of prudent financing, and enough cash buffer, and i'm against over-leveraging, for which I'm glad govt has implemented many policies.

lionhill
24-07-13, 13:27
Lion King sits on Lion hill in the Lion City? lol
good guess. but that Lion King has nothing to do with this Lion hill.

k00L
27-07-13, 00:24
SIBOR 1-m and 3-m is more linked to US short-term rate (similar duration), the recent US rate increase was rather for those longer durations, e.g 10-year, 30-year; and this has caused SGS longer durations' yield to jump higher, however, all these don't impact Singapore short-term rate,

since you are an economist, perhaps you should know that there is an extreme but non-impossible scenario - capital flight will cause SGD short-term interest rate to diverge from USD interest rates - if you hang out often at the water hole where rates traders hang out, you can learn more there than from the economics books!

chestnut
27-07-13, 04:54
since you are an economist, perhaps you should know that there is an extreme but non-impossible scenario - capital flight will cause SGD short-term interest rate to diverge from USD interest rates - if you hang out often at the water hole where rates traders hang out, you can learn more there than from the economics books!

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

There is an extreme but non-impossible scenario

- one may die 2 days time, so just spend all your retirement money today and tomorrow.

- ones wife may leave him, so better have back-up plan.

- the govt kaput, better invest at least 1/2 out of Singapore.

And the list goes on........

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

chestnut
27-07-13, 09:54

Economist, can I ask u a simple question - assume

Stocks has 96% chance of going up over next 2 year and the is an extreme but non-impossible scenario of it crashing, how many % of your money you will put in????

Now if stocks has 96% chance of crashing over next 2 year and the is an extreme but non-impossible scenario of it spiralling up, how many % of your money you will put in????

You bet for or against chances ah????

I very :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe someone got another analogy for me to understand or I missed the point totally??? I seem rude, I from gangster group last time lar... So cannot articulate... So if caused people angry, paiseh hor....

Have a beer and chill out hor...:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers5: :cheers6: :cheers6: