PDA

View Full Version : World Junior Championships in 2015 another big waste of money

Regulators
19-07-13, 22:34
:doh: Who cares to watch these kids competing, we are more interested to watch people in their prime competing in such events, not kids that just attained puberty for a few years.

We hv yet to get any accountability from Ms V regarding YOG n another money wasting event that will cost us a bomb is on the way. My guess is another $200 million down the long kang :doh:

ysyap
19-07-13, 22:43
:doh: Who cares to watch these kids competing, we are more interested to watch people in their prime competing in such events, not kids that just attained puberty for a few years.

We hv yet to get any accountability from Ms V regarding YOG n another money wasting event that will cost us a bomb is on the way. My guess is another $200 million down the long kang :doh:Its always face before money saved. Any money spent is money spent to promote our country... hmmm :rolleyes: But is that really necessary?

F1 is also very expensive to maintain but good thing the revenue generated could cover the cost...

Qatar just announced the ridiculous money they're gonna pump in for the USD 220 Billion. Now what is that? Sigh! Sometimes it just doesn't make sense...

wirehtc
19-07-13, 22:43
Give out free scholarships n citizenships to winners?

Regulators
19-07-13, 22:58
How has yog n f1 promoted tourism significantly? I think the $300+ million spent on yog has not added much to our economy to date n before we can quantify the benefits of yog, we r going to splurge another humongous sum on WJC. I think using that money to build more hospitals n create more hospital beds in anticipation of an increased ageing population would make more sense.
Its always face before money saved. Any money spent is money spent to promote our country... hmmm :rolleyes: But is that really necessary?

F1 is also very expensive to maintain but good thing the revenue generated could cover the cost...

Qatar just announced the ridiculous money they're gonna pump in for the USD 220 Billion. Now what is that? Sigh! Sometimes it just doesn't make sense...

rymccondo77
19-07-13, 23:01
This championships is for swimming only. A much smaller scale compared to YOG. More details here:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Sports/Story/A1Story20130719-438638.html

Regulators
19-07-13, 23:05
I wouldn't spend more than $2 million of public funds hosting such an event. If they can keep to that budget, well n gd.

This championships is for swimming only. A much smaller scale compared to YOG.

rymccondo77
19-07-13, 23:13
I wouldn't spend more than $2 million of public funds hosting such an event. If they can keep to that budget, well n gd.

Hopefully they can manage the budget much better (different minister!).

I personally think holding this swimming championships is good - its the right sport for us to hold - a sport we can at least do reasonably well compared to other sports.

wirehtc
19-07-13, 23:23

Easily $10 mil.

ysyap
20-07-13, 06:53
How has yog n f1 promoted tourism significantly? I think the $300+ million spent on yog has not added much to our economy to date n before we can quantify the benefits of yog, we r going to splurge another humongous sum on WJC. I think using that money to build more hospitals n create more hospital beds in anticipation of an increased ageing population would make more sense.Whether it promotes tourism or not remains to be seen but certainly more people know about Singapore. Some Americans actually thought Singapore is in China... Lol. However, I will not dispute that its too much cash spent!

The_Way_I_See_It
20-07-13, 08:57

We hv yet to get any accountability from Ms V regarding YOG n another money wasting event that will cost us a bomb is on the way. My guess is another $200 million down the long kang :doh:

$30 more for monthly assistance welfare , "you want to eat in a coffee shop, food court or restaurants" are less important for the lower strata of society

For those living in Ivory towers with their self-proclaimed deserving $million salary (at expense of tax payers), $200 milliion is peanuts to throw away to build their face and grace. After all we have the one of highest per capital and richest nations ..as proclaimed by Ms V we have no beggers on the street .. no slums .. no homeless .. :doh:

wirehtc
20-07-13, 09:01
How has yog n f1 promoted tourism significantly? I think the $300+ million spent on yog has not added much to our economy to date n before we can quantify the benefits of yog, we r going to splurge another humongous sum on WJC. I think using that money to build more hospitals n create more hospital beds in anticipation of an increased ageing population would make more sense.

Hopefully part of bigger gameplan to attract expatriates to settle down in Singapore with their families.

Regulators
20-07-13, 10:00
I don't think expats settle In a country because of some games. A country that has hosted olympics before does not mean it will rise in the livability index.
Hopefully part of bigger gameplan to attract expatriates to settle down in Singapore with their families.

Regulators
20-07-13, 10:06
For gross mismanagement of public funds in yog, inability to handle flooding, insensitivity towards the poor, i dont understand why he/she is still around commenting on hawkers n wp. He shud hv been fired long ago or resigned on his own accord the way i see it.
$30 more for monthly assistance welfare , "you want to eat in a coffee shop, food court or restaurants" are less important for the lower strata of society

For those living in Ivory towers with their self-proclaimed deserving $million salary (at expense of tax payers), $200 milliion is peanuts to throw away to build their face and grace. After all we have the one of highest per capital and richest nations ..as proclaimed by Ms V we have no beggers on the street .. no slums .. no homeless .. :doh:

august
21-07-13, 00:57
This chap has shown himself to be incompetent.

minority
21-07-13, 01:28

Waste $ what would u know? so more worth $ see u kick a ball ard? lol :doh: :doh: :doh:

eng81157
22-07-13, 08:47
For gross mismanagement of public funds in yog, inability to handle flooding, insensitivity towards the poor, i dont understand why he/she is still around commenting on hawkers n wp. He shud hv been fired long ago or resigned on his own accord the way i see it.

well, he successfully delivered a sealed letter to the Indon president. Must laud him for accomplishing such an outstanding feat

:jackass: :jackass:

Ringo33
22-07-13, 12:13
The entire Kallang sport hub concepts runs a big risk of becoming a big white elephant for sure. enjoy whatever event while you can.

And one will need to be extremely shallow minded and self centered to make such a comment. TS should perhaps ask if he belongs to the target group for such event in the first place.

we are more interested to watch people in their prime competing in such events, not kids that just attained puberty for a few years.

Regulators
22-07-13, 13:20
Don't expect people like you who can't do maths to comment on this. Majority in sg r reeling over yog spending n u applaud that? For a person who pays $1700psf for 20% wasted space in a 44sm dog box, we can't expect much coming from your comments to anything
The entire Kallang sport hub concepts runs a big risk of becoming a big white elephant for sure. enjoy whatever event while you can.

And one will need to be extremely shallow minded and self centered to make such a comment. TS should perhaps ask if he belongs to the target group for such event in the first place.

minority
22-07-13, 13:28
Don't expect people like you who can't do maths to comment on this. Majority in sg r reeling over yog spending n u applaud that? For a person who pays $1700psf for 20% wasted space in a 44sm dog box, we can't expect much coming from your comments to anything

Really???? proof! Wat majority? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ringo33
22-07-13, 13:30
I am sorry, your comment is clearly and specifically criticizing on the age of the participants of the event and it clearly show your shallowness and understanding of sports.

Just because you choose to be a girl guides in school that doesnt mean others (especially kids) cant embrace and support sports events for youth.

we are more interested to watch people in their prime competing in such events, not kids that just attained puberty for a few years.

Regulators
22-07-13, 13:38
U may want to write a letter to ms V n tell him/her to spend another $300 million to run the WJC n see how the population will respond.
I am sorry, your comment is clearly and specifically criticizing on the age of the participants of the event and it clearly show your shallowness and understanding of sports.

Just because you choose to be a girl guides in school that doesnt mean others (especially kids) cant embrace and support sports events for youth.

minority
22-07-13, 14:26

u are wasting ur time with dumb and blind people. everything is bad in their eyes.( if they have any.)

gets me wondering if so bad why are they still here huh? hmm