PDA

View Full Version : The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Pages : 1 [2]

kane
15-09-13, 16:33
People are buying continental cars now instead of houses.

that is too spendthrift liao. in something that is non recoverable.

Village Idiot
15-09-13, 17:56
People are buying continental cars now instead of houses.

Very few cars, that I can see, make good investments :) But damn, a million dollar car is much more fun than a million dollar house...:D

blackpepperj
15-09-13, 18:33
Very few cars, that I can see, make good investments :) But damn, a million dollar car is much more fun than a million dollar house...:D

Strange that you say this when you are renting and taking the mrt.

Village Idiot
15-09-13, 19:49
Strange that you say this when you are renting and taking the mrt.

Good point Hahahaha.

I am, of course, not speaking from experience. I have never owned a million dollar car and never will.

My point was that for those lucky/successful enough, I'm sure it's a good feeling, but not necessarily a good investment.

Yes, if success in life is measured in dollars and cents I'm sure a failure.

Village Idiot
15-09-13, 21:17
Anyway, back on topic.

Anyone bought a unit at The Glades and care to share.

Anyone think this is going to be a hard one for the developer to sell - and so they will need to reduce prices. As one poster said, let the greedy developer carry the negative equity.

Just trying to keep this thread alive, and on topic.

JS_Woo
15-09-13, 22:40
We went to see the showflat last weekend. Not bad in our view and I quite like the 3 bedroom layout. We might have bought if we are not already vested in UV.

darkseed73
16-09-13, 14:41
VI: I read with interest of your posting.

I think for those whom has missed the Eco "low price" boat and optima - the glades is a good choice if u fancy staying that area. I really dislike UV, the glades in my opinion when ppl say it's expensive, i would say it's EXPECTED to be expensive. Who expect this piece of Keppel land to be cheap seriously?

The glades main selling point is the big piece of land and it's land scaping. (I guess that's why the maintainence is higher) but it's also it's strength becos Eco although cheaper, it has mix housing and certain areas where the "houses" are condo residence can't walk thus it wasn't fantastic site. UV is plain and boring. The glade gives u smeg and nice brands is trying to uphold Keppal "high-class" branding. So I assume u are buying not only a property but also a brand.

If u have 2 or more properties already, this new development maybe not a great "yield" purchase but if u really buying to stay and like a nice environment and the area.

I find the glade is buyable for 1st timer or upgrader.

Kokono
16-09-13, 16:01
Seriously, I do not understand why for anyone who is looking at getting a 2nd or 3rd house for investment purpose, are they even consider The Glades where you have to pay a higher $psf, tied down your finances for the next 4 years before you can see rental income.

Optima is just across the road that can be purchased at a lower price, get the unit immediately and get to see rental income trickling in just almost immediately too....

darkseed73
16-09-13, 16:17
Seriously, I do not understand why for anyone who is looking at getting a 2nd or 3rd house for investment purpose, are they even consider The Glades where you have to pay a higher $psf, tied down your finances for the next 4 years before you can see rental income.

Optima is just across the road that can be purchased at a lower price, get the unit immediately and get to see rental income trickling in just almost immediately too....

Yeah agree but I am one of those whom do not get houses just for instant money. I prefer to make sure, I myself as a person would like to stay there first. I don't buy a place which I myself dislike just to rent out becos I feel if i like the place even when I want to sell it, I feel passionate abt it.

For short term yield your idea seems great but optima sub-sale is not any cheaper plus i really dislike to let others gain on sub-sale. Letting developer earn is boh-bian but sub-sale unless fire sale, usually I am not very interested.

Different ppl different stroke, right?

Village Idiot
16-09-13, 16:47
Yeah agree but I am one of those whom do not get houses just for instant money. I prefer to make sure, I myself as a person would like to stay there first. I don't buy a place which I myself dislike just to rent out becos I feel if i like the place even when I want to sell it, I feel passionate abt it.

For short term yield your idea seems great but optima sub-sale is not any cheaper plus i really dislike to let others gain on sub-sale. Letting developer earn is boh-bian but sub-sale unless fire sale, usually I am not very interested.

Different ppl different stroke, right?

This pretty much describes the way I feel too.

I watched a documentary on Warren Buffett once and he said he only buys companies he likes personally and he is proud to be associated with - well, who is going to argue with his approach :)

The problem I am fighting with is the real possibility that this is money down the toilet. Too expensive to ever get a positive rental yield or get your money back should you ever want to sell.

Optima seems a safer buy, but for me, whilst the PSF is lower the quantum is higher and is too high for me. That's because Optima still had decent unit sizes. It's only recently that developers have decided to build tiny units and think we don't mind living like we are inside a catle truck :banghead:

darkseed73
16-09-13, 16:56
This pretty much describes the way I feel too.

I watched a documentary on Warren Buffett once and he said he only buys companies he likes personally and he is proud to be associated with - well, who is going to argue with his approach :)

The problem I am fighting with is the real possibility that this is money down the toilet. Too expensive to ever get a positive rental yield or get your money back should you ever want to sell.

Optima seems a safer buy, but for me, whilst the PSF is lower the quantum is higher and is too high for me. That's because Optima still had decent unit sizes. It's only recently that developers have decided to build tiny units and think we don't mind living like we are inside a catle truck :banghead:

Well, VI - "The glades" is not the only prefect condo but at this time and moment it's what i feel best buy becos I really like condo which have the sense of grandeur. That is the first impression I got.

The fact is, no new condo can win older condo in terms of psf or size so that no point debating in that.

Like one of our bro/sis here says, some ppl like virgins. We like houses fresh and untouched, first hand. Some don't mind second hand, used as long as it's cheap.

No perfect world or you can keep waiting for every boat sails by :D

Village Idiot
16-09-13, 18:18
Well, VI - "The glades" is not the only prefect condo but at this time and moment it's what i feel best buy becos I really like condo which have the sense of grandeur. That is the first impression I got.

The fact is, no new condo can win older condo in terms of psf or size so that no point debating in that.

Like one of our bro/sis here says, some ppl like virgins. We like houses fresh and untouched, first hand. Some don't mind second hand, used as long as it's cheap.

No perfect world or you can keep waiting for every boat sails by :D

The Titanic sailed by and those that didn't board it lived to tell the tale :D

Is your view impartial? Sounds a bit "salesy".

Also, I'm flabergasted when people call Optima old. The paint is barely dry :tongue3:

I like The Glades, I'm not bashing it. Just trying to hear from folks on their view as to whether it will be a white elephant.

Yes, "make up your own mind" is a fair answer, but I'd like to debate the pros and cons with the good people on this forum.

JS_Woo
16-09-13, 19:38

Also, I'm flabergasted when people call Optima old. The paint is barely dry :tongue3:

I like The Glades, I'm not bashing it. Just trying to hear from folks on their view as to whether it will be a white elephant.

Yes, "make up your own mind" is a fair answer, but I'd like to debate the pros and cons with the good people on this forum.

We bought UV cos we like the area and the loft concept of the unit. No one has the crystal ball at that point in time and we took the plunge amid talks that Glades will be launched at higher prices. Indeed Glades might be priced higher without the CMs. Thus it appears Glades is now a good buy with its price comparable to UV but with nicer landscape and layout.

It is pointless to compare against UV cos most choiced 1 and 2 bedders are already sold. One can now only consider Glades or wait for the next launch in the area which could maybe be a few years down the road.

visionary
16-09-13, 20:04
I bought a unit at The Glades, biggest sized 2 bedroom, pool facing.

I am well aware that it is a high price ($1500psf), but I willingly paid for it because it is close to the airport where I work at.

I am buying for own stay, and not looking at how much yields I am going to get. If I am cash strapped in future, probably rent out a room to a SUTD student/ staff or airline crew.

UV and Optima landscape is a little too cramped for my liking, and I prefer The Glades extensive landscaping and space. I also prefer my condo not to be so close to HDBs.

Nobody can predict what's the price is going to be, but I am buying for own stay, did my affordability calculations and decided to go ahead. Good luck, everyone.!

Village Idiot
16-09-13, 20:44
We bought UV cos we like the area and the loft concept of the unit. No one has the crystal ball at that point in time and we took the plunge amid talks that Glades will be launched at higher prices. Indeed Glades might be priced higher without the CMs. Thus it appears Glades is now a good buy with its price comparable to UV but with nicer landscape and layout.

It is pointless to compare against UV cos most choiced 1 and 2 bedders are already sold. One can now only consider Glades or wait for the next launch in the area which could maybe be a few years down the road.

Thanks for such a nice response.

I heard that there is the mixed development coming up in between UV and Optima at some point, which might be lower PSF. However, the plot size is small so the residential units are not likely to enjoy good facilities.

I managed to speak to some buyers at The Glades launch. None were investors, they were all buying for own stay and because they like the area. In fact some were Optima owners - they shared with me that they thought Glades prices were too high for it to be considered a good short or medium term investment, but that they were buying for their own stay and had already made a killing on Optima (doubled their money in just a few years) so were OK.

Why do you think UV sold so well but The Glades sales are flat? All down to TDSR? Or just down to the fact that those that want to buy in this area already have done so?

Village Idiot
16-09-13, 20:54

I am well aware that it is a high price ($1500psf), but I willingly paid for it because it is close to the airport where I work at.

I am buying for own stay, and not looking at how much yields I am going to get. If I am cash strapped in future, probably rent out a room to a SUTD student/ staff or airline crew.

UV and Optima landscape is a little too cramped for my liking, and I prefer The Glades extensive landscaping and space. I also prefer my condo not to be so close to HDBs.

Nobody can predict what's the price is going to be, but I am buying for own stay, did my affordability calculations and decided to go ahead. Good luck, everyone.!

Congratulations! I believe you are the first poster to say they have bought.

People do seem to feel that this is a nice development and are putting their faith in Keppel to execute to a high standard.

Seem to be that this is appealing to own stay buyers, but not to investors.

ppty
16-09-13, 20:59
If really need to stay near Tanah Merah like someone mentioned in the earlier post then

why must pay extreme psf

when just across the road junction there is older condo which is going for below 1K psf - but the savings are like half a million dollars for a 1000sq ft when compared to Glades.

Is this the SG way of thinking that must only buy new - and disregard the old ?

Village Idiot
16-09-13, 22:45
If really need to stay near Tanah Merah like someone mentioned in the earlier post then

why must pay extreme psf

when just across the road junction there is older condo which is going for below 1K psf - but the savings are like half a million dollars for a 1000sq ft when compared to Glades.

When you put it like that, it's hard to see the sense in it :banghead::banghead::banghead:

rymccondo77
16-09-13, 22:54

I heard that there is the mixed development coming up in between UV and Optima at some point, which might be lower PSF. However, the plot size is small so the residential units are not likely to enjoy good facilities.

I managed to speak to some buyers at The Glades launch. None were investors, they were all buying for own stay and because they like the area. In fact some were Optima owners - they shared with me that they thought Glades prices were too high for it to be considered a good short or medium term investment, but that they were buying for their own stay and had already made a killing on Optima (doubled their money in just a few years) so were OK.

Why do you think UV sold so well but The Glades sales are flat? All down to TDSR? Or just down to the fact that those that want to buy in this area already have done so?

Think its TDSR - from the people I know - it has stopped them from buying their third or more properties.

shauntanzs
16-09-13, 22:57
Actually all previous CM can remove liao.
Once u got TDSR in place, all fringe player game over.

My loan amount from 5m reduce to 3.5m due to this TDSR :doh:

darkseed73
16-09-13, 23:04

LOL sorry if i sound "salesy" but i got nothing to sell u.

Buy or your is your own choice lol

I am just typing it all out to see if myself is convince to buy the 1 br "convertible" becos i found that concept really ....errmm "innovative"

JS_Woo
17-09-13, 00:14

why must pay extreme psf

Well not all the developments in the area have 1 bedders or loft concept or convertible. Moreover there may not be enough resale units for 400 plus buyers yeah?

There are some who like to buy new from developers for capital appreciation. Think one has to hold for at least 4 years if buy resale whereas some would prefer the option of selling upon TOP as a 'new' property with minimum cash outflow in the first 4 years.

Anyway at the time when we were buying UV, the 2 bedders in the area were asking for more than 1 mil which were out of our reach. We like condos with balcony which the older condos do not have.

Village Idiot
17-09-13, 00:38
LOL sorry if i sound "salesy" but i got nothing to sell u.

Buy or your is your own choice lol

I am just typing it all out to see if myself is convince to buy the 1 br "convertible" becos i found that concept really ....errmm "innovative"

Thanks, darkseed. I appreciate the reply and you sharing your thought process.

I am not a fan of the "convertible". That's just my personal opinion, and I'm in my 40s. I imagine a younger person, an SUTD student, for example, might think it's cool.

JS_Woo
17-09-13, 00:45

Oh you're welcome! :-)

As for the plot between UV and Optimal, I am praying it will be a commercial development instead of mixed development.

Think it is the TDSR but well it makes Glades a good buy for first time buyers like yourself!

JS_Woo
17-09-13, 00:46

Congratulations! I sincerely think you got yourself a good buy.

Village Idiot
17-09-13, 00:52
Well not all the developments in the area have 1 bedders or loft concept or convertible. Moreover there may not be enough resale units for 400 plus buyers yeah?

There are some who like to buy new from developers for capital appreciation. Think one has to hold for at least 4 years if buy resale whereas some would prefer the option of selling upon TOP as a 'new' property with minimum cash outflow in the first 4 years.

Anyway at the time when we were buying UV, the 2 bedders in the area were asking for more than 1 mil which were out of our reach. We like condos with balcony which the older condos do not have.

I have the same issue. I can't reach a 2-bed at Optima or Casa Merah as although the PSF is much less the quantum is >= 1.2m due to generous unit sizes. This is over my budget. Even the mentioned Stratford Court is high quantum as the units are (in comparison) massive.

Village Idiot
17-09-13, 00:56
Oh you're welcome! :-)

As for the plot between UV and Optimal, I am praying it will be a commercial development instead of mixed development.

Think it is the TDSR but well it makes Glades a good buy for first time buyers like yourself!

I heard it was changed from pure commercial to a mixed development. Can anyone confirm? I heard this from an Optima owner.

gadiny
17-09-13, 06:18
I heard it was changed from pure commercial to a mixed development. Can anyone confirm? I heard this from an Optima owner.

Yes it has been changed from full fledged commercial to 1st floor commercial and residential above, pls see
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/DC/view-maps-plans/master-plans/list-approved-amendments/list-of-cases/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/master-plan/approved-amendments/mp08_24/mp08_24_7.ashx

Village Idiot
17-09-13, 09:35
Yes it has been changed from full fledged commercial to 1st floor commercial and residential above, pls see
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/DC/view-maps-plans/master-plans/list-approved-amendments/list-of-cases/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/master-plan/approved-amendments/mp08_24/mp08_24_7.ashx

Thanks for confirming.

Sad. With all the existing and additioanl units, I think this area could easily sustain a commercial development.

gadiny
17-09-13, 10:09
Thanks for confirming.

Sad. With all the existing and additioanl units, I think this area could easily sustain a commercial development.

Yes, I agree. There is still hope the land between The glades and Parcel B under Reserve list could be full fledged commercial though ...

yesnomaybe
17-09-13, 10:18
Seriously, does it really matter that much whether that little pocket of land is fully or partly commercial ? Probably, just a suburban HDB type mall anyway when there are huge malls in Bedok and Expo mrt stations

JS_Woo
17-09-13, 15:19
Seriously, does it really matter that much whether that little pocket of land is fully or partly commercial ? Probably, just a suburban HDB type mall anyway when there are huge malls in Bedok and Expo mrt stations

It is great having 2 huge malls nearby but I also like the convenience of having basic amenities at doorstep.

iridrium
17-09-13, 15:42

Errr.. yes! For the size which i measure off Onemap, it is 159,887 sq ft of land on plot ratio of 3.0 which mean it will be a mall the size of 479,661 sq gt, assuming a 75% efficiency, we are talking about approximately 360,000 sq ft of retail space ,size of 313 somerset!

Not small at all. And given the drastic increase in population around Tanah Merah, i fail to see the logic of not providing a retail mall of this size.

yesnomaybe
17-09-13, 17:51
What's it with the younger generation believing everything on the Internet as the gospel truth ? Go there and take a look with your own eyes...that plot ain't that big !

Anyway, it's been common knowledge since last year it is gonna be a mixed development

Village Idiot
17-09-13, 20:05
What's it with the younger generation believing everything on the Internet as the gospel truth ? Go there and take a look with your own eyes...that plot ain't that big !

Anyway, it's been common knowledge since last year it is gonna be a mixed development

I walk past this plot every morning and every evening. It doesn't look very big to me.

Still, developers now tell us a family of 4 can live comfortably in a 580sqft box, so maybe the developer can also build the next Takeshima on this plot :D:D

Village Idiot
17-09-13, 20:07
I walk past this plot every morning and every evening. It doesn't look very big to me.

Still, developers now tell us a family of 4 can live comfortably in a 580sqft box, so maybe the developer can also build the next Takeshima on this plot :D:D

hmmm spoiled the joke with bad spelling.... Takashimaya.

iridrium
17-09-13, 22:24

What is the point of doing so? The numbers don't lie. Everyday, I wake up, I like my 800 sq ft house to be bigger, but 800 sq ft is 800 sq ft. It is not going to change.

Anyway, my point is that this area deserve a mall. I have not vested interested in this area, but I'm not so sure about you older generation.

blackpepperj
18-09-13, 00:16

Common knowledge since last year? You must work for URA then because the approval to change land use was dated 17 Jan 2013!
AND the size is bigger at 15958sqm!
Nah, show you the link lah, but do take it with a pinch of salt because dont believe everything on the Internet as the gospel truth.

yesnomaybe
18-09-13, 02:47
Common knowledge since last year? You must work for URA then because the approval to change land use was dated 17 Jan 2013!
AND the size is bigger at 15958sqm!
Nah, show you the link lah, but do take it with a pinch of salt because dont believe everything on the Internet as the gospel truth.

Ok I might be wrong...I was in the Savills team that helped Far East and FRASERs market eCO in Bedok Avenue South 3 last year...I recall vaguely that it was already known by us then that plot was gonna be a mixed development

yesnomaybe
18-09-13, 02:53
Anyway, my point is expect at this plot a White Sands type mall instead of a Vivo city.

Tanah Merah is suppose to have laid back charm, that is supposedly the locale's appeal...ask VI why he moved there in the first place.

However, with all the development over there, I think it will be indistinguishable from Bedok and Expo

iridrium
18-09-13, 11:01
Ok I might be wrong...I was in the Savills team that helped Far East and FRASERs market eCO in Bedok Avenue South 3 last year...I recall vaguely that it was already known by us then that plot was gonna be a mixed development

... I rather take an agent's word with a pinch of salt and believe the internet from URA website.:banghead: furthermore from someone with vested interest.

And sorry, the plot is not the size of white sand mall (148,000s q ft) , it is more than double the size of white sand mall. You as a agent should know better right? Older generation somemore wor.

yesnomaybe
18-09-13, 13:51
... I rather take an agent's word with a pinch of salt and believe the internet from URA website.:banghead: furthermore from someone with vested interest.

And sorry, the plot is not the size of white sand mall (148,000s q ft) , it is more than double the size of white sand mall. You as a agent should know better right? Older generation somemore wor.

How can I have vested interest in an empty plot of land ?

You must love shopping a lot

iridrium
18-09-13, 16:47
How can I have vested interest in an empty plot of land ?

You must love shopping a lot

Vested interest around the area.:doh:

Nope, don't like shopping, just want to stop people with suspicious intention from going around the forum misleading others.

yesnomaybe
18-09-13, 18:03
Vested interest around the area.:doh:

Nope, don't like shopping, just want to stop people with suspicious intention from going around the forum misleading others.

Why would I have a vested interest in the area ?

I don't work for any developer there and I don't belong to any real estate agency marketing condos there !

Get out more often, dude or dudette !

radha08
18-09-13, 18:56
Some of my friends said this forested hill used to be some WW2 mass killing site, any information on that? Thanks! :beats-me-man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_Ching_massacre#Execution

at $1500psf looks like its a ww3 killing site:scared-3::D

visionary
18-09-13, 20:01
Hong Lim Complex was a Sook Ching site too. How's the price of resale HDBs there.. ?

iridrium
18-09-13, 21:01
Why would I have a vested interest in the area ?

I don't work for any developer there and I don't belong to any real estate agency marketing condos there !

Get out more often, dude or dudette !

Not a property agent, don't need to get out as often as you. I remember you mentioned you are part of the marketing team from Savills on Eco? :tsk-tsk:

Anyway, I have already rebutted you on the size of the previously zone commercial parcel. No argument on that. First you assumed I'm younger generation , then presume I like shopping, now you call me a dude or dudette (whatever it is). Is that how you talk to people?

Good to know that you cannot convince, so you confuse people.

yesnomaybe
18-09-13, 22:24
Not a property agent, don't need to get out as often as you. I remember you mentioned you are part of the marketing team from Savills on Eco? :tsk-tsk:

Anyway, I have already rebutted you on the size of the previously zone commercial parcel. No argument on that. First you assumed I'm younger generation , then presume I like shopping, now you call me a dude or dudette (whatever it is). Is that how you talk to people?

Good to know that you cannot convince, so you confuse people.

Was was was.....no longer with Savills.

Looks like you are the confuser

iridrium
18-09-13, 22:32
Was was was.....no longer with Savills.

Looks like you are the confuser

Good to know you are no longer a property agent with any agency. Maybe there is a reason so, judging from the way you talk.

Bless you!

yesnomaybe
18-09-13, 23:15
Good to know you are no longer a property agent with any agency. Maybe there is a reason so, judging from the way you talk.

Bless you!

Still am a real estate consultant, just with another company. Is there some rule in this forum that states that real estate people like real people

UV Ray
18-09-13, 23:21
hi, hijacking this thread a bit....anyone passes by UV site? any update on the construction progress? thanks!

Shawn
19-09-13, 22:56
at $1500psf looks like its a ww3 killing site:scared-3::D

The Glades is definitely a beautiful project and the developer Keppel Land is extremely reliable from their previous track records of Caribbean At Keppel Bay and Reflections among others. With such a huge landscape and land area, owners will have lots of activities to do as well as enjoy the breath-taking pool view and the landed estate/greenery view nearby.

My cousin stays opposite at Optima. She bought a 4 bedroom unit there at almost $1.9 million and plans to stay put there for at least 6-8 years. So the psf price there should remain stable and is already hovering around $1300-1500psf for ready condos. As such, the psf asking by The Glades at $1500psf is extremely reasonable.

In addition, Tanah Merah is a nice quiet estate with nice eateries nearby. MRT is just outside the condo. We can hardly find any condo which is so near to MRT like that.

However, the only setback is that its not near town, and its not freehold, and also not much of a view to please the eye. But the mrt make up for all that shortcomings.

august
20-09-13, 00:23
The Glades is definitely a beautiful project and the developer Keppel Land is extremely reliable from their previous track records of Caribbean At Keppel Bay and Reflections among others. With such a huge landscape and land area, owners will have lots of activities to do as well as enjoy the breath-taking pool view and the landed estate/greenery view nearby.

My cousin stays opposite at Optima. She bought a 4 bedroom unit there at almost $1.9 million and plans to stay put there for at least 6-8 years. So the psf price there should remain stable and is already hovering around $1300-1500psf for ready condos. As such, the psf asking by The Glades at $1500psf is extremely reasonable.

In addition, Tanah Merah is a nice quiet estate with nice eateries nearby. MRT is just outside the condo. We can hardly find any condo which is so near to MRT like that.

However, the only setback is that its not near town, and its not freehold, and also not much of a view to please the eye. But the mrt make up for all that shortcomings.

Bishan Skyvue is a better buy imo.

visionary
20-09-13, 02:59

Finally something related to the thread title. Thanks much for your input.

kane
20-09-13, 08:35
kinda surprising to hear the term extremely reasonable used on 1500psf. i think it's just fair value.

yesnomaybe
20-09-13, 11:57

The higher floor 4 bedroom units facing South are supposed to have sea views

4wheels
20-09-13, 14:46

i would agree with the current pricing.

Shawn
20-09-13, 21:25

Yup got seaview but its like more than 2 km away so the seaview is not close. But its still nice u can see a picture perfect kinda view. Of course I would prefer a close up seaview though.

Village Idiot
20-09-13, 22:12

Price jump from 7th Floor to 8th floor south facing is huge, I'm assuming distant sea view starts from 8th floor upwards.

Village Idiot
20-09-13, 22:23

Skyvue has an above ground 5-storey car park. I hate that, it looks ugly. Pure cost saving tactic.

As I mentioned I've formed the opinion that people buying The Glades are people who like the area and are buying for own stay. I don't think The Glades is one for the investors.

yesnomaybe
21-09-13, 00:34
Skyvue has an above ground 5-storey car park. I hate that, it looks ugly. Pure cost saving tactic.

As I mentioned I've formed the opinion that people buying The Glades are people who like the area and are buying for own stay. I don't think The Glades is one for the investors.

I would agree that the Glades is more attractive to home seekers than investors.
It is quite similar in concept as neighbouring eCO.

yesnomaybe
21-09-13, 00:39
VI you should wait for Duo Residences...architecturally it looks interesting

Village Idiot
21-09-13, 08:29
VI you should wait for Duo Residences...architecturally it looks interesting

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. Actually since each thread on here seems to be about a specific development it's not easy to get a 360 degree view where different developments are compared against each other for pros/cons. Really appreciate the tip and the heads up. Thanks!!

Village Idiot
21-09-13, 19:24
I want to rule this in or out and move on, one way or another.

I thought looking at rental yield would help. Then I realized I don't know how to calculate rental yield :) Can someone help? I enquired about a unit at The Glades that I didn't mind the layout and the facing.

It was 678 sqft and priced at 1,001,500.

I would think it could rent out at about 3,200 as a rough guess.

What rental yield does that give me? Negative?

Autumnwinds
21-09-13, 19:28

I thought looking at rental yield would help. Then I realized I don't know how to calculate rental yield :) Can someone help? I enquired about a unit at The Glades that I didn't mind the layout and the facing.

Translates to about 3.8% rental yield.

newlaunchproperty
21-09-13, 21:41

Simple Rental Yield % = (Annual Rental/Purchase Price)*100

Exact Rental Yield % = (NET Annual Rental/Total Cost of Purchase)*100
where
NET Annual Rental = Annual Rental - Annual Property Tax - Annual Maintenance Fee - Agent Fee

Total Cost of Purchase = Purchase Price + Stamp Duty + Legal Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on Optima recent few months rental transaction for 2-bedroom (850 sqft) from $3.4k to $4k, rental rate for a 2-bedroom PC in Tanah Merah area will expect to be more than $3.2k.

Developer Sales Team for The Glades (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html)

visionary
21-09-13, 22:09
I would agree that the Glades is more attractive to home seekers than investors.
It is quite similar in concept as neighbouring eCO.

Eco is about 304,XXX sq feet in size, of which 1/3 is taken up by townhouses, total units 748. Whereas The Glades is 341,XXX sq feet with no townhouses, and total units 726. I think The Glades will be less crowded than Eco?

My only 'complaints' are that:

Most pool view units all have to face the MRT tracks, and have slight west sun.

There's no 'sky gardens' on the blocks' rooftops (not considering level 2 of one of the blocks a sky garden).

No bomb shelters, need to find space to make your own storerooms.

gav108
21-09-13, 22:53
Eco is about 304,XXX sq feet in size, of which 1/3 is taken up by townhouses, total units 748. Whereas The Glades is 341,XXX sq feet with no townhouses, and total units 726. I think The Glades will be less crowded than Eco?

My only 'complaints' are that:

Most pool view units all have to face the MRT tracks, and have slight west sun.

There's no 'sky gardens' on the blocks' rooftops (not considering level 2 of one of the blocks a sky garden).

No bomb shelters, need to find space to make your own storerooms.

indeed the glades is less crowded. it has a plot ratio of only 1.6, whereas eco has a plot ratio of 2.1.

by the way alot of people still have the misconception that there will be a mall like the one at bedok next to urban vista. it has been changed to residential with commercial at first storey only since beginning of this year. SO NO BIG SHOPPING MALL. don't expect much beyond the more essential provisions. look at the ura plan if don't believe me, over here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?config=config_preopen.xml&preopen=Master%20Plan%20(incorporate%20amendments)

hope no one is conned by agents who say there will be a big shopping mall here.

Village Idiot
22-09-13, 00:15
Simple Rental Yield % = (Annual Rental/Purchase Price)*100

Exact Rental Yield % = (NET Annual Rental/Total Cost of Purchase)*100
where
NET Annual Rental = Annual Rental - Annual Property Tax - Annual Maintenance Fee - Agent Fee

Total Cost of Purchase = Purchase Price + Stamp Duty + Legal Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on Optima recent few months rental transaction for 2-bedroom (850 sqft) from $3.4k to $4k, rental rate for a 2-bedroom PC in Tanah Merah area will expect to be more than $3.2k.

Developer Sales Team for The Glades (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html)

Thanks for the explanation. "Exact Rental Yield" sure makes it a bad proposition for me. Glades has high maintenance fees and I also need to ABSD. If I rent it out I'd have to subsidize the tenant to live in my house :doh: I think cautiously it could only rent at 3.2 because whilst it is a 2-bed it's much smaller than the Optima 2-beds that are renting at 3.4.

Chillyred888
22-09-13, 02:31
Thanks for the explanation. "Exact Rental Yield" sure makes it a bad proposition for me. Glades has high maintenance fees and I also need to ABSD. If I rent it out I'd have to subsidize the tenant to live in my house :doh: I think cautiously it could only rent at 3.2 because whilst it is a 2-bed it's much smaller than the Optima 2-beds that are renting at 3.4.

What i also love about Optima is, it has got a nice yard to sun your laundry, no need to hang your clothes to dry in balcony like most of the newer projects that comes without it. :D

easteast
22-09-13, 04:18
indeed the glades is less crowded. it has a plot ratio of only 1.6, whereas eco has a plot ratio of 2.1.

by the way alot of people still have the misconception that there will be a mall like the one at bedok next to urban vista. it has been changed to residential with commercial at first storey only since beginning of this year. SO NO BIG SHOPPING MALL. don't expect much beyond the more essential provisions. look at the ura plan if don't believe me, over here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?config=config_preopen.xml&preopen=Master%20Plan%20(incorporate%20amendments)

i think ura can change their mind anytime , sometime oso depends on the developer proposal ....

Village Idiot
22-09-13, 09:26
What i also love about Optima is, it has got a nice yard to sun your laundry, no need to hang your clothes to dry in balcony like most of the newer projects that comes without it. :D

I also love Optima. I wish I had a time machine to go back and pick up a unit before the prices went so high.

Optima and Casa Merah are usable as a home. Developers are not building homes anymore, they are building hotel suites. Very sad.

I wish they would still build nice homes that I could never afford. At least I could then put it out of my head and just accept it. But, no, those buggers still build units I can afford to torture my mind in to wondering whether I could get used to living in a rabbit hutch :)

I am going to buy, but I think I'm crazy. I think I'm buying out of fear and hope more than anything else. I'm imagining reading this thread in 5 years time and a poster writing "wow, such a huge 600 sqft flat, and the asking price is just 2 million, what a bargain".

yesnomaybe
22-09-13, 11:26

Why would any agent con buyers with that ?

Anyway, a big shopping mall adding to traffic congestion to this area is not what the residents there want

gav108
22-09-13, 11:45

Anyway, a big shopping mall adding to traffic congestion to this area is not what the residents there want

But it sounds like many in the forum are so hoping for shopping malls nearby, for investment reasons, and there's a big diff between residential with shops on first floor and mixed development, so I thought to highlight this. N it seems urban vista was marketed as next to shopping mall.

As for ura may as and when change land use - no that will not happen. Land use changes for a particular area changes once in a blue moon, and thru an extended process and deliberation. The land has just been changed to shops on first floor early this year, so ura not so fickle to suddenly just change back again. And developers bid on a price based on the stated land use and plot ratio, so cannot change its usage once bought.

gadiny
22-09-13, 11:49

Eh I thought UV used the 'commercial hub' as one of selling point? Pls refer to its brochure as well as the ad per link from 0.51 to 0.58s which showed a multi-storey shopping mall. UV was launched in Mar 13 after the URA amendment in Jan 13 ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKB5_KHIK8

gav108
22-09-13, 12:01
Eh I thought UV used the 'commercial hub' as one of selling point? Pls refer to its brochure as well as the ad per link from 0.51 to 0.58s which showed a multi-storey shopping mall. UV was launched in Mar 13 after the URA amendment in Jan 13 ....

Exactly what I mean by agents conning buyers - by spreading misinformation. Obviously commercial hub is going to sound much more attractive than 'shops on ground floor', so they neglected to mention the change and feigned ignorance? Or if they r not even aware then it also shows their level of professionalism.

gadiny
22-09-13, 13:01
Per ad today, UV is 85% sold after 6 month in the market. Wander how many bought because of the commercial hub though to be fair, UV does have its own merits which are mainly the super close proximity to MRT and the very likely earlier TOP than Eco and The Glades! Nonetheless, agents still should not misrepresent.

On the topic, if I have not gotten Eco, for staying, The glades is definitely the choice! Like the landscaping and space though I would prefer Eco 2 BR bigger unit size and layout which comes with Yard, utility and enclosed kitchen, which are rate attributes of 2 BR nowadays. Anyway, cannot have cake and eat it too rite :).

Btw, hows sale of The Glades?

yesnomaybe
22-09-13, 13:43

Hmmm...I am not in the agencies marketing Urban Vista so I am not aware their marketing approach.

When I was with Savills in eCO last year, the approach was to market eCO as a refuge from the hustle and bustle...walkable from Tanah Merah mrt but a chill out condo with lots of pools and landscaping

yesnomaybe
22-09-13, 13:46
Majority of the unsold units at eCO are of the SOHO variety...had there been more of the conventional type units I'm pretty sure eCO would have sold out

Village Idiot
22-09-13, 14:18

I will not use the word "con" but it's true that agents were making a big deal about it, saying a mall adds to the area's convenience and appeal and thus drives prices up. Almost every agent I spoke to said that - and none mentioned it had been changed to a mixed development.

Village Idiot
22-09-13, 14:23

I will not use the word "con" but it's true that agents were making a big deal about it, saying a mall adds to the area's convenience and appeal and thus drives prices up. Almost every agent I spoke to said that - and none mentioned it had been changed to a mixed development.

iridrium
22-09-13, 14:33

It is always a case of buyers beware. But it will be helpful if the property agents don't provide misleading information.

DC33_2008
22-09-13, 15:05
It is not viable to have similar large mall at each mrt station but with an interval of a few mrt stns depending on the size of population. A mix development with ground floor commercial is sufficient to cater to the residents between those stations with large mall. It has also happened to biddari and potong pasir with similar mix development and nex with large mall.

gav108
22-09-13, 15:24
It is not viable to have similar large mall at each mrt station but with an interval of a few mrt stns depending on the size of population. A mix development with ground floor commercial is sufficient to cater to the residents between those stations with large mall. It has also happened to biddari and potong pasir with similar mix development and nex with large mall.

I fully agree that there shouldn't be a mall here in the first place given the future bedok mall nearby. My post is in response to earlier posts discussing the size of the tanah merah mall when there won't even be a mall here at all, but rather only shops on ground floor and residential above. This I suspect is due to misinformation caused by agents n their websites. Just google some urban vista websites n u will see. Which is what I am irate abt. At least get their facts right n don't mislead people!

gav108
22-09-13, 15:35
I fully agree that there shouldn't be a mall here in the first place given the future bedok mall nearby. My post is in response to earlier posts discussing the size of the tanah merah mall when there won't even be a mall here at all, but rather only shops on ground floor and residential above. This I suspect is due to misinformation caused by agents n their websites. Just google some urban vista websites n u will see. Which is what I am irate abt. At least get their facts right n don't mislead people!

N to substantiate, mixed development is not the same as residential with shops on ground floor according to ura. Mixed development still can have much shopping space with residential above, like the upcoming Bedok Residences. But tanah merah will only get residential with shops restricted only to ground floor. Given the relatively small piece of land, it won't be many shops.

Village Idiot
22-09-13, 20:41
It is always a case of buyers beware. But it will be helpful if the property agents don't provide misleading information.

This, I'm afraid, is true.

Agents are not consultants, as far as I can see. They are salesmen/women. Salesmen put a "spin" on things and are economical with the truth when it suits them. Their single goal is to "close that deal". That is in all walks, not just property. I'm stopping short of saying they "con" people, but as this poster says, beware.

Village Idiot
22-09-13, 20:44
This, I'm afraid, is true.

Agents are not consultants, as far as I can see. They are salesmen/women. Salesmen put a "spin" on things and are economical with the truth when it suits them. Their single goal is to "close that deal". That is in all walks, not just property. I'm stopping short of saying they "con" people, but as this poster says, beware.

In fact it's a broken model. The agent who is representing the buyer's best interests is desperate for the buyer to buy so that he can collect his handsome sales comm. So, when the person "representing" you is desperate for you to buy, my argument is he is not representing you at all :)

Village Idiot
24-09-13, 23:53
Bros/Sis,

Serious question and back on topic.

I went for a walk around the entire perimeter and was particularly interested to look at the south facing aspect. I noticed that the land is in a dip, meaning it starts quite a bit beneath the road level. I also observed that the road is lined with some rather tall and dense trees. It made me think that the south facing units are going to have a blocked view, basically your view will just be a large and very imposing tree. Thinking about the land dip and the tree height, I think only those high floor units will clear the trees. Anyone else think this will be the case?

yesnomaybe
25-09-13, 10:04
Bros/Sis,

I went for a walk around the entire perimeter and was particularly interested to look at the south facing aspect. I noticed that the land is in a dip, meaning it starts quite a bit beneath the road level. I also observed that the road is lined with some rather tall and dense trees. It made me think that the south facing units are going to have a blocked view, basically your view will just be a large and very imposing tree. Thinking about the land dip and the tree height, I think only those high floor units will clear the trees. Anyone else think this will be the case?

Hi VI, even if the high floor south facing units have got some sea view, I'm not sure how long that will be given that the east coast has already been confirmed to have more reclamation

Village Idiot
25-09-13, 11:20
Hi VI, even if the high floor south facing units have got some sea view, I'm not sure how long that will be given that the east coast has already been confirmed to have more reclamation

I agree. A distant sea view is not worth paying a lot for. The developer, it seems, has placed a big premium on it, which is very cheeky in my opinion. My question was more about having an unblocked view. I think many south facing units are going to get a view of a huge tree only. And it's only meters away. I happen to like trees and I feel sad when they get chopped down, but I don't want a huge tree to be the only thing I can see from my balcony.

gadiny
25-09-13, 11:45
Actually when i was at the showflat, the agent did say the pool facing (although some also face the MRT track as well) is priced higher than the south facing ones so one can infer that the south view is actually worth nothing much?

Case in point

For 3BRC, (apology do not have same floor number so have to extrapolate)

1. Stack 05-03 (south) = 1,275,300 ( 850 sqf at 1,500 psf)
2. Stack 06-02 (Pool) = 1,301,800 (840 sqf at 1,550 psf)

If I normalise 2 to same size as 1, the difference is $42,200 but this is unlikely solely due to 1 floor difference but facing as well.

Btw both stack 2 and 3 same blk and same side except different facing.

Village Idiot
26-09-13, 17:16
Actually when i was at the showflat, the agent did say the pool facing (although some also face the MRT track as well) is priced higher than the south facing ones so one can infer that the south view is actually worth nothing much?

Case in point

For 3BRC, (apology do not have same floor number so have to extrapolate)

1. Stack 05-03 (south) = 1,275,300 ( 850 sqf at 1,500 psf)
2. Stack 06-02 (Pool) = 1,301,800 (840 sqf at 1,550 psf)

If I normalise 2 to same size as 1, the difference is $42,200 but this is unlikely solely due to 1 floor difference but facing as well.

Btw both stack 2 and 3 same blk and same side except different facing.

This is good info, thanks for sharing.

Having studied the layout by walking around, I'd say the pool facing is better, unless you get the 8+ south facing floors - below that you are pretty sure to have a huge tree blocking your light and view. That's a danger to buying an unbuilt property, you are never quite sure what you're getting.

I heard (I think reliable) that 4 more units sold this week.

visionary
26-09-13, 20:42
Bros/Sis,

Very good observation. I referred to pictures taken at the showroom, and it seemed that the blocks next to bedok rise start at the same level as bedok rise itself.

visionary
26-09-13, 20:45
Does anyone have full copy of developer price list to share?

And, cool scheme or warm scheme? :p

iridrium
26-09-13, 21:00

And you are paying much lesser and you have two mrt lines with a big shopping centre. Sky Vue is a better buy than to overpay for this strange development where everything is movable.

visionary
26-09-13, 21:29
And you are paying much lesser and you have two mrt lines with a big shopping centre. Sky Vue is a better buy than to overpay for this strange development where everything is movable.

At SV, 694 units on 129,XXX sq feet of land. The Glades, 726 units on 341,XXX sq feet of land. Can't compare to say which is better.

Personally, I like to stay on high floors, but alas my work place is at the east, so gonna make do with The Glades. :p

Village Idiot
26-09-13, 22:04
At SV, 694 units on 129,XXX sq feet of land. The Glades, 726 units on 341,XXX sq feet of land. Can't compare to say which is better.

Personally, I like to stay on high floors, but alas my work place is at the east, so gonna make do with The Glades. :p

Did you buy?

Congratulations, if you did.

Were you able to negotiate the price downwards, given that this development isn't selling well? Wonder how stubborn developers really can be? I guess Keppel has the power to hold, but I hope they will see sense as the market drops and start selling them off on the cheap ;)

Village Idiot
26-09-13, 22:13

We had the debate about the movable units. I think we were all unanimous (at least those who posted) that it's a ridiculous idea :)

So why is Sky Vue so much cheaper? Was the land significantly cheaper? And is the developer cutting corners by building MSCP above ground.

I'm going to buy soon and something is pulling me to The Glades. I can't quite understand what it is :)

I'm just hoping to wait a bit longer until the market drops and then pick a unit up cheaply. I decided not to get caught up in their early bird discount marketing nonsense. The units are overpriced and sooner or later they will be forced to drop the prices - that's my theory.

iridrium
26-09-13, 22:48
We had the debate about the movable units. I think we were all unanimous (at least those who posted) that it's a ridiculous idea :)

So why is Sky Vue so much cheaper? Was the land significantly cheaper? And is the developer cutting corners by building MSCP above ground.

I'm going to buy soon and something is pulling me to The Glades. I can't quite understand what it is :)

I'm just hoping to wait a bit longer until the market drops and then pick a unit up cheaply. I decided not to get caught up in their early bird discount marketing nonsense. The units are overpriced and sooner or later they will be forced to drop the prices - that's my theory.

Sure , everyone has their own preference. Hope you get your unit cheap! I do hope those unscrupulous developer who overpaid for their land bear the brunt of their action and not the end buyers. Good luck!

Shawn
27-09-13, 00:06

Huh confirmed reclamation ?? Where did u get this idea from ? Dont listen to some idiots. See the following links :

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130131-399119.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130131-399114.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130202-399527/2.html

Anyway, Singapore government has made it clear that to meet the 2030 population projection, they will rely on technology to meet demand for more houses/land by building taller buildings, space underground or by reclaiming old cemeteries, and remove golf course.

yesnomaybe
27-09-13, 09:41
Huh confirmed reclamation ?? Where did u get this idea from ? Dont listen to some idiots. See the following links :

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130131-399119.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130131-399114.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130202-399527/2.html

Anyway, Singapore government has made it clear that to meet the 2030 population projection, they will rely on technology to meet demand for more houses/land by building taller buildings, space underground or by reclaiming old cemeteries, and remove golf course.

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/

There is will be land reclamation too

Before you call people offensive names

NO_7
27-09-13, 13:27

Wow, PLAB is surrounded by industrial estate.

gadiny
27-09-13, 22:48
Bros/Sis,

Per the location/control plan page 2 as attached, the row of 25 tress (which you have mentioned) along bedok rise are to be retained and from the photo, the trees are tall and will still be growing! Anyway I guess the trees are a necessary evil to provide privacy for Glades' south facing and the landed property residents:)

http://s14.postimg.org/61juk0771/The_glades_tree.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/61juk0771/)

Shawn
29-09-13, 13:24

That land use plan has been around for decades...its a contingency plan. The government will try to optimise use of existing land before relamation which is an extremely expensive exercise. So my url shows whats their initial plan will be like for the next 20-30 years before they even consider reclamation.

Village Idiot
29-09-13, 17:47

Remove golf course :scared-1:

How can the rich give up their expensive hobby to make way for the peasants to live hahahaha shock, shock, shock... PAP will loose votes :tongue3:

rebsi
29-09-13, 20:52
Hows sales this weekend? Probably low coz buyers lured to sky vue

Village Idiot
29-09-13, 21:28
Hows sales this weekend? Probably low coz buyers lured to sky vue

My source is biased, yet I believe reliable.

Sales have been, and still are, poor.

However, my source says, confirmed, Keppel has removed the 2% early bird discount and there is no intention to start a mass price reduction - quite the opposite it seems. Is this yet another marketing stunt? Or the biased nature of my source? Confidence? Arrogance? Ability to hold and control the market? Desperation not to show that they got this development wrong?

Comments? Thoughts? As per my last post, I'm waiting for the market to crash :) but seems Keppel trying to drive prices up whilst buyers are staying away. Who will give up first? Buyers with too much cash on hand, or rich developers who will take the hit in their profit margin. This is interesting times. Anyone got a crystal ball???

pod
30-09-13, 12:36

However, my source says, confirmed, Keppel has removed the 2% early bird discount and there is no intention to start a mass price reduction - quite the opposite it seems. Is this yet another marketing stunt? Or the biased nature of my source? Confidence? Arrogance? Ability to hold and control the market? Desperation not to show that they got this development wrong?

Comments? Thoughts? As per my last post, I'm waiting for the market to crash :) but seems Keppel trying to drive prices up whilst buyers are staying away. Who will give up first? Buyers with too much cash on hand, or rich developers who will take the hit in their profit margin. This is interesting times. Anyone got a crystal ball???

Hi VI,

Why not consider those other apartments/condos alittle further away and FH too! Cheaper and can rent out immediately.

Example:
1) tenah merah mansions
2) Casa Flora

Staying too close to MRT is really noisy la.

These new launches are priced too premium.:D

darkseed73
30-09-13, 13:41

I don't think market will crash.....u can keep waiting.

Anyways, if the price has gone further up then "the Glades" has become "over-priced".

Village Idiot
30-09-13, 18:03
I don't think market will crash.....u can keep waiting.

Anyways, if the price has gone further up then "the Glades" has become "over-priced".

Crash was the wrong term, it's a bit too dramatic.

Is there an accepted definition for the word "crash?" Others have used the term "adjustment" to describe falling prices in a less dramatic way.

What I meant was, I think we are seeing caution and sense were there was previously none. There is trepidation about impending interest rate increases and the round after round of cooling measures coupled with astronomical PSF. Some posters, I think I read in other threads, have even used the words "game over" for Singapore property.

Yet there are still some unexplained mysteries:
1. Developers buying land at record high prices.
2. Government allowing supply to, seemingly, spiral out of control.
3. And this was my point for The Glades, increase the price of something you can't even sell at a lower price :confused:

So, I'm specifically referring to The Glades here and not the wider market, I feel something has to give. If Keppel refuse to give in then they might be launching in 4 years time with only 20 percent sold :) that would be nice for those who have bought, there will be literally no one in the swimming pool :)

Village Idiot
30-09-13, 18:29
Hi VI,

Why not consider those other apartments/condos alittle further away and FH too! Cheaper and can rent out immediately.

Example:
1) tenah merah mansions
2) Casa Flora

I agree. This would be my preference.

My ultimate preference would be a resale at Casa Merah or Optima.

But, alas, those were the days when they built nice size units.

Those resale units, including the ones you have mentioned, are out of my reach. Whilst PSF is attractive the quantum is way more than I can afford.

Village Idiot
30-09-13, 18:39
Hi VI,

Example:
1) tenah merah mansions
2) Casa Flora

Just looked at Casa Flora more closely on Property Guru. It looks really nice. The balcony itself on a 3-bed looks bigger than the entire 1-bed unit at The Glades. But, I don't have the 1.4m asking price :(

LiveYoung
30-09-13, 21:00

When bidding fever for GLS fades off, the market then will cool down. Does it look like so at the moment?

30-09-13, 22:56
Saw the youtube video of this project. I think the landscaping looks very nice.

Village Idiot
30-09-13, 23:11
When bidding fever for GLS fades off, the market then will cool down. Does it look like so at the moment?

Not from what I can see. I sort of trust the Government not to encourage an oversupply issue, but I'm not sure. To the "naked eye" it certainly looks like there is going to be an oversupply issue around the corner.

I guess the deep rooted question is who/ what controls SG property prices? Do developers control prices? Do buyers control prices? Does the government control prices?

I'm not an expert, but logic tells me that all the contributing factors spell impending doom:

1. All time ludicrous pricing (The Glades, for example).
2. Tenants feeling like they at last have bargaining powers.
3. Possible interest rate rises.
4. Being taxed to hell on buying and selling property.
5. Easy credit no longer available (TDSR).
6. Vast oversupply.
7. Kiasu-ism. My Singapore friend said it all boils down to this :) Hope this doesn't offend, I'm not 100% sure what he means :)

01-10-13, 00:00
Not from what I can see. I sort of trust the Government not to encourage an oversupply issue, but I'm not sure. To the "naked eye" it certainly looks like there is going to be an oversupply issue around the corner.

I guess the deep rooted question is who/ what controls SG property prices? Do developers control prices? Do buyers control prices? Does the government control prices?

I'm not an expert, but logic tells me that all the contributing factors spell impending doom:

6. Vast oversupply.
7. Kiasu-ism. My Singapore friend said it all boils down to this :) Hope this doesn't offend, I'm not 100% sure what he means :)

Hi VI, I think this issue of where prices are heading has been visited many times in this forum and also out there on the various media platforms. There are many arguments for and against.

I do think it is not in the Singapore Government's interest to crash housing prices. It would be devastating for the economy and many people will be hurt. If the prices do come down drastically, I do think it would be because of external factors rather than internal ones. To be sure, there will always be some buyers who over-stretch themselves. But with the current LTV and TDSR rules in place, as the days goes by with buyers paying down their loans, the risks coming from households should reduce. Developers, especially the big Singapore based ones, would have had gone through a few financial crisis and should have learnt a thing or two on how to cope. Most are also well capitalised. In any case, the government can always roll back the cooling measures and create heating ones to stimulate demand. There has been anecdotes of money sitting on the sidelines, waiting to pounce on deals once the cooling measures are rolled back. I think you can tell that this is true since there are so many people in this forum spending their time bickering rather than going out there to look for property deals !!

Village Idiot
01-10-13, 00:16
Hi VI, I think this issue of where prices are heading has been visited many times in this forum and also out there on the various media platforms. There are many arguments for and against.

I do think it is not in the Singapore Government's interest to crash housing prices. It would be devastating for the economy and many people will be hurt. If the prices do come down drastically, I do think it would be because of external factors rather than internal ones. To be sure, there will always be some buyers who over-stretch themselves. But with the current LTV and TDSR rules in place, as the days goes by with buyers paying down their loans, the risks coming from households should reduce. Developers, especially the big Singapore based ones, would have had gone through a few financial crisis and should have learnt a thing or two on how to cope. Most are also well capitalised. In any case, the government can always roll back the cooling measures and create heating ones to stimulate demand. There has been anecdotes of money sitting on the sidelines, waiting to pounce on deals once the cooling measures are rolled back. I think you can tell that this is true since there are so many people in this forum spending their time bickering rather than going out there to look for property deals !!

Thanks for such a good reply. Personally, I'm in analysis paralysis; I'm scared to think my "investment" could depreciate significantly and my property purchase become a huge burden, in the same breath I'm scared to wait and miss the boat.

I don't apologize for bickering on forums :) I feel that's what forums are for, to voice our thoughts. Thumbs up for this forum, I enjoy visiting!

For those posters that told me to look at Sky Vue thanks for the advice. I'm not a big fan of the podium car park but looking more closely at this development it seems a good buy. Great location, reasonable unit sizes, reasonable prices. Can't be an exact apple-to-apple with Glades, but all things considered seems a much less risky buy!! Where's my cheque book :) Think I'm just about ready ;)

yesnomaybe
01-10-13, 00:28

6. Vast oversupply.

You forgot impending 6.9m population in SG

dtrax
01-10-13, 00:36
Thanks for such a good reply. Personally, I'm in analysis paralysis; I'm scared to think my "investment" could depreciate significantly and my property purchase become a huge burden, in the same breath I'm scared to wait and miss the boat.

I don't apologize for bickering on forums :) I feel that's what forums are for, to voice our thoughts. Thumbs up for this forum, I enjoy visiting!

For those posters that told me to look at Sky Vue thanks for the advice. I'm not a big fan of the podium car park but looking more closely at this development it seems a good buy. Great location, reasonable unit sizes, reasonable prices. Can't be an exact apple-to-apple with Glades, but all things considered seems a much less risky buy!! Where's my cheque book :) Think I'm just about ready ;)

Must hoot with confidence! If think too much, analysis this and that.. will end up NATO (no action talk only). Not saying that must go all out and hoot now.. afterall still got buffet of launches coming up in the next few months. Obviously skyvue buyers bo hiew the MSCP for the simple reason that the quantum is a clear winner as one of the main buying decision (otherwise skyhabitat would have been clear way way back). If you already have a budget in mind, then all you need to spot a good buy (the hard part). With all that said, dun expect huge gains even if you are ready to jump in now when you are on the same bandwangon as everyone :) Downside may seem to be greater than upside and people hoot condos now for different reason(s)

darkseed73
01-10-13, 01:20
Crash was the wrong term, it's a bit too dramatic.

Is there an accepted definition for the word "crash?" Others have used the term "adjustment" to describe falling prices in a less dramatic way.

What I meant was, I think we are seeing caution and sense were there was previously none. There is trepidation about impending interest rate increases and the round after round of cooling measures coupled with astronomical PSF. Some posters, I think I read in other threads, have even used the words "game over" for Singapore property.

Yet there are still some unexplained mysteries:
1. Developers buying land at record high prices.
2. Government allowing supply to, seemingly, spiral out of control.
3. And this was my point for The Glades, increase the price of something you can't even sell at a lower price :confused:

So, I'm specifically referring to The Glades here and not the wider market, I feel something has to give. If Keppel refuse to give in then they might be launching in 4 years time with only 20 percent sold :) that would be nice for those who have bought, there will be literally no one in the swimming pool :)

I told my spouse 5 years ago that Singapore will become the next HK.

Instead of getting married, we focus on buying houses. We are those without rich parents, so getting a few homes requires sacrifices but it's worth it looking back now.

That's life, u have to start somewhere and make those sacrifices.

If u want to play it safe? Don't buy anything = safest.

That's also keppel mindset, they feel "The Glades" is sitting on a piece of prime land and with 6.9million in the pipeline housing can only go up instead of down.

U must understand what kind of developer is Keppel to answer your own doubts.

Btw, "game over" is for those whom didn't buy or gain profit out of these 5 years becos without cold hard cash, it really game over for some.

wirehtc
01-10-13, 07:10

Instead of getting married, we focus on buying houses. We are those without rich parents, so getting a few homes requires sacrifices but it's worth it looking back now.

That's also keppel mindset, they feel "The Glades" is sitting on a piece of prime land and with 6.9million in the pipeline housing can only go up instead of down.

Btw, "game over" is for those whom didn't buy or gain profit out of these 5 years becos without cold hard cash, it really game over for some.

Hope you have kids. If not, you end up donating your houses (sacrifices) to others.

iridrium
01-10-13, 09:16

Wait till the one in Tiong bahru launch.

darkseed73
01-10-13, 11:33
Wait till the one in Tiong bahru launch.

Ai ya, for now we only talking abt "the Glades" don't want to distract others with so many options.

There are always good, better, best.

Buy house is like chosing wife, sometimes needs a bit of fate too :D

01-10-13, 15:25

Hi VI, my view is that, try not to get advise from others (myself included...hahaha), especially on where to buy and whether to buy. Each of us might mean well but at the end of the day, buying a property is an individual decision. Each of us is different, with different needs and wants. Our financial capacity is also different. If you take into account too many views, you might become confused and not sure what to do. I presume you are looking for a place to stay. Try to distinguish your needs from your wants. This might be important especially when you have to weigh any trade-offs. Not many of us will be able to find a property that can fit into all our requirements. You and/or your spouse/partner must also like the location and the property, otherwise even if the property seems under-valued, you may not be happy. Buying a property off-plan is always tricky as you have to use a bit of imagination. Have you considered resale units? If your circumstances permit, don't rush into making a decision. Don't let others pressure you in making a decision. Look around, ponder and weigh your options. View as many showflats and resale units as you want. Hopefully from viewing, you can get a realisation of other things that you like and don't like.
1) If you do decide you want to buy now, do your math and go for something that you are comfortable with
2) When buying a property for own stay, try not to bring market timing into the picture. You may end up feeling miserable if your prediction didn't turn out correctly. And if you have done point 1 well, why worry about point 2 even if the market softens?

Just my 2 cents worth point of view. Good luck in your property hunting !!

visionary
01-10-13, 15:35
Hi VI, my view is that, try not to get advise from others (myself included...hahaha), especially on where to buy and whether to buy. Each of us might mean well but at the end of the day, buying a property is an individual decision. Each of us is different, with different needs and wants. Our financial capacity is also different. If you take into account too many views, you might become confused and not sure what to do. I presume you are looking for a place to stay. Try to distinguish your needs from your wants. This might be important especially when you have to weigh any trade-offs. Not many of us will be able to find a property that can fit into all our requirements. You and/or your spouse/partner must also like the location and the property, otherwise even if the property seems under-valued, you may not be happy. Buying a property off-plan is always tricky as you have to use a bit of imagination. Have you considered resale units? If your circumstances permit, don't rush into making a decision. Don't let others pressure you in making a decision. Look around, ponder and weigh your options. View as many showflats and resale units as you want. Hopefully from viewing, you can get a realisation of other things that you like and don't like.
1) If you do decide you want to buy now, do your math and go for something that you are comfortable with
2) When buying a property for own stay, try not to bring market timing into the picture. You may end up feeling miserable if your prediction didn't turn out correctly. And if you have done point 1 well, why worry about point 2 even if the market softens?

Just my 2 cents worth point of view. Good luck in your property hunting !!

Points 1 and 2 summarised how I felt when I made my decision. Thanks for your encouragement!

I enjoy reading about the forums, and how others feel about the various condos, but I think "price" seem to be the main thing everyone talk about. Are there no other aspects of developments that people are keen to talk about?

rebsi
01-10-13, 15:52
Points 1 and 2 summarised how I felt when I made my decision. Thanks for your encouragement!

I enjoy reading about the forums, and how others feel about the various condos, but I think "price" seem to be the main thing everyone talk about. Are there no other aspects of developments that people are keen to talk about?

no money there is nothing to talk about :D beggars cant be choosers

01-10-13, 16:09

Without a doubt, price is a very important consideration for most people (unless you are very very rich and money is no issue to you...hahaha). No two properties are the same, even on the same building, so sometimes it can be very difficult to compare. Try to list down what is important to you; distinguish your needs versus your wants (especially if the property is bought for self/family stay).

Besides price, I can think of the following factors which might be important considerations: layout, level (if it is a high-rise development), direction facing, your potential neighbours (if it is a resale unit), amenities within easy reach and walking distance to a MRT station (if you do not drive and rely on the trains to get you from place to place). This list is non-exhaustive and you could have your own circumstances to consider.

I do think a development with nice landscaping might be important to some of us. I live near a nice looking park and when I walk past it, I do feel a bit more relaxed. For others, this might be a non-essential item when looking to buy a property. Speaking of landscaping, you might also want to find out the maintenance costs required to upkeep the property and its surroundings. No point buying a property with upkeep costs that is not within your affordability range.

01-10-13, 18:34
After sending that post, I realize the overall design of a development is also very important. After all, a well designed development can enhance the lives and efficiency of its occupants and users.

iridrium
01-10-13, 20:37
Ai ya, for now we only talking abt "the Glades" don't want to distract others with so many options.

There are always good, better, best.

Buy house is like chosing wife, sometimes needs a bit of fate too :D

That is why must wait leh, so that the glades will looking so much more attractive.

Buying house is like choosing wife, something you need two to make the right choice.

Village Idiot
01-10-13, 20:47
Without a doubt, price is a very important consideration for most people (unless you are very very rich and money is no issue to you...hahaha). No two properties are the same, even on the same building, so sometimes it can be very difficult to compare. Try to list down what is important to you; distinguish your needs versus your wants (especially if the property is bought for self/family stay).

Besides price, I can think of the following factors which might be important considerations: layout, level (if it is a high-rise development), direction facing, your potential neighbours (if it is a resale unit), amenities within easy reach and walking distance to a MRT station (if you do not drive and rely on the trains to get you from place to place). This list is non-exhaustive and you could have your own circumstances to consider.

I do think a development with nice landscaping might be important to some of us. I live near a nice looking park and when I walk past it, I do feel a bit more relaxed. For others, this might be a non-essential item when looking to buy a property. Speaking of landscaping, you might also want to find out the maintenance costs required to upkeep the property and its surroundings. No point buying a property with upkeep costs that is not within your affordability range.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I like The Glades. I mean the plot shape is really weird and I don't think Keppel has exactly proposed a "take your breath away" design, but all-in-all it's quite decent. I think I could enjoy living there.

Then I start to think too much:
- Is it over-priced?
- Why is it so unpopular?
- When I pass, the same agents are stood outside smoking; no buyers.
- Would buying at The Glades be the biggest mistake of my life?
- How can a developer like Keppel get it so wrong?
- Will Keppel start a "fire-sale", so I should wait?

Talking about wants and needs. I guess I want my cake and I want to eat it. I want a nice home, but I want it to be an appreciating asset too.

Laguna
01-10-13, 22:52
- Is it over-priced?
Yes, at the high side. But, when I went to see Sky Vue, I also find it over-priced for the high floor units. The material and landscape of this project is more superior.

Quantum issue. Unfortunately, a lot of people looking at quantum without considering lots of others.

Ya, hard life, they need to support their families as well.

NO one knows, there could be a mistake if you miss it.

Keppel a GLC.
They don't have a big landbank.

No, Reflection is a good example.

Recently, I visited this project, Skyvue and Thomas3.

There are two units (2 rooms) in The Glades I like very much. This project is very nice in term of landscape. (cannot recall much) A very pleasant place to stay if you get the right unit.

iridrium
01-10-13, 22:55

I like The Glades. I mean the plot shape is really weird and I don't think Keppel has exactly proposed a "take your breath away" design, but all-in-all it's quite decent. I think I could enjoy living there.

- Is it over-priced?

Talking about wants and needs. I guess I want my cake and I want to eat it. I want a nice home, but I want it to be an appreciating asset too.

Don't think anyone can give you a satisfactory answer or even have a definite answer for you.

All I know is that if I buy Glade, I am buying at the highest $psf in that locality at the moment.

In comparison, if I buy SV, I know SH will always be higher price than SV.

visionary
01-10-13, 23:28
I speak with vested interest, because I have already purchased a unit at The Glades.

3 years back, I bought a high profile condo in the West, which set a record PSF for that area. People were in disbelief at the prices.

I sold that unit early this year, and made about 75% return on cash investment. I could have held on to it longer, and make more, but I wanted to buy The Glades.

With that money I have made, I bought a unit here.

Like 081828 had mentioned, its about doing one's own calculations, one's salary projection, and plans for family life (or non-family life =p).

In my previous unit, half the land is taken up by strata houses, leaving the other half for the high rise residents. I like the fact that The Glades has a large land area versus its 700+ units. The layouts are generally quite good and liveable. Most importantly, very close to where I work so I spend minimal time on travelling.

Appreciate everyone giving their objective inputs and ideas. Ultimately property buying is really a personal decision for one to make. If I lose money I wouldn't claim from anyone else, and if I make money, I wouldn't split with anyone neither.

Cheers!

Laguna
01-10-13, 23:38
I wish to add

Internal layout is far more important than the landscape.

Village Idiot
02-10-13, 00:16
I speak with vested interest, because I have already purchased a unit at The Glades.

Congratulations!! :cheers4:

Like 081828 had mentioned, its about doing one's own calculations, one's salary projection, and plans for family life (or non-family life =p).

I agree in some ways. However, just because I calculate that I can afford to buy at the said asking price, it doesn't necessarily mean it's sensible.

Appreciate everyone giving their objective inputs and ideas.

Me too. I really appreciate all this constructive input.

Village Idiot
02-10-13, 00:20
I wish to add

Internal layout is far more important than the landscape.

Can you explain? You mean the unit layout?

I quite like the 2-bed B3 layout. What I mean is, it's damn tiny at just 678SQFT, but the layout makes the best use of the space. Still, it's damn tiny for a 2-bed 2-bath. Damn, damn tiny.

02-10-13, 01:17

- Is it over-priced?

Hi VI, your thoughts about wanting to have the entire cake to eat is understandable. After all, buying a property is probably the biggest ticket item and the largest investment one can make in a person's life time. It is perfectly logical to want to maximise our hard-earned money. My bad if I made it sound so easy !!

Liking a property is an important first step. Since you have a favourable impression of The Glades, you can add this project to your shortlist. Do scrutinize the project details to make sure you are happy with them: Have you viewed the floor plans and site plans? Are you happy with the layouts and directional facings?

Before I continue, just to be sure, do ensure you are familiar with the SD, ABSD, SSD and LTV that are applicable to you. All these will have implications on your math. A competent real estate agent would be able to explain these to you. I also think it is highly recommended to have a loan approval-in-principal (AIP) done before you sign any property purchase agreement. This is to help you know the budget that you should look at. In my view, get more than one AIP so that you have a backup. Talk to the different banks to find out about their loan packages, compare and determine which one you are most comfortable with. With these information, do revisit your math and also consider stress-testing it.

Once you have done all of the above, determine whether you have time on your side. If yes, visit as many showflats or resale units as you can. Sometimes it is through such visits, you can discover what you like and what you don't like. Consider taking photos or videos of the showflats as they can help you to recall impressions of the showflats. Do note that showflats may not reflect the actual quality of the property you have purchased. This is a risk that all BUC buyers must bear. If unfortunately time is not on your side, sometimes it is good to go with your gut feel.

Don't buy a property because others are buying into it. Conversely speaking, don't shun a property because there are not many buyers. Just as no two properties are the same, there are also no two buyers of the same kind.

Good luck !!

pod
02-10-13, 11:42
I agree. This would be my preference.

My ultimate preference would be a resale at Casa Merah or Optima.

But, alas, those were the days when they built nice size units.

Those resale units, including the ones you have mentioned, are out of my reach. Whilst PSF is attractive the quantum is way more than I can afford.

Cash is king VI. Of cos those are just listed pricing. U never know if the resale owners will give in to your offers.

Keep tab of such rare projects as they come rare (FH). Also you can always engage ur realtors to look out for smaller units in such properties.

Proximity to good schools like Temasek Primary = value will keep holding as long as Singaporeans with kids will always hunt for properties within 1km of good schools.

cheers. :D

Village Idiot
04-10-13, 21:09
Don't think anyone can give you a satisfactory answer or even have a definite answer for you.

All I know is that if I buy Glade, I am buying at the highest $psf in that locality at the moment.

In comparison, if I buy SV, I know SH will always be higher price than SV.

What about the answer that's been given out by the experts recently? I think it was Barclays. I'm sure folks here read it. From what I read, SG is sure heading for interest rate rises and for a 20% property price drop as well as vast oversupply leading to properties sat empty and/or very hard to rent out which logically means rental decreases.

This seems like a triple whammy. Add to that, many on here are saying The Glades is already over priced :(

I guess that means that when you combine all these factors you'd need to have had a lobotomy to even think about buying The Glades; or any Singapore property? Unless you are looking long term - maybe 10 years to reach a break even? And if you are an investor and can't tenant your investment property you are going to be paying for 2 properties and having to leave one empty. Sounds like a complete disaster. People are really going to feel the pain.

Any thoughts?

visionary
05-10-13, 15:06
1,072,500 840 Strata 06 to 10 1,277psf Sep-13

First Caveat Lodged.

Some 3 bedroom compacts and 2 bedroom lofts are 840 sq feet.

I suspect this one is 2 bedroom stack 7 or 14, highest floor #10 with void space. Without void space, the floor area is only 678 sq ft.

Just speculating..

05-10-13, 16:12
What about the answer that's been given out by the experts recently? I think it was Barclays. I'm sure folks here read it. From what I read, SG is sure heading for interest rate rises and for a 20% property price drop as well as vast oversupply leading to properties sat empty and/or very hard to rent out which logically means rental decreases.

This seems like a triple whammy. Add to that, many on here are saying The Glades is already over priced :(

I guess that means that when you combine all these factors you'd need to have had a lobotomy to even think about buying The Glades; or any Singapore property? Unless you are looking long term - maybe 10 years to reach a break even? And if you are an investor and can't tenant your investment property you are going to be paying for 2 properties and having to leave one empty. Sounds like a complete disaster. People are really going to feel the pain.

Any thoughts?

Hi VI, some questions for you to ponder over:

1) In a market downturn, would you have the courage to pick up a property? Everyone will be screaming prices can only get lower !! What would be the banks' reactions?

2) Are you able to tell when market will bottom?

Good luck !!

Village Idiot
05-10-13, 19:18

First Caveat Lodged.

I suspect this one is 2 bedroom stack 7 or 14, highest floor #10 with void space. Without void space, the floor area is only 678 sq ft.

Just speculating..

I don't understand this post. Can you explain what it means, please.

Village Idiot
05-10-13, 19:48
Hi VI, some questions for you to ponder over:

1) In a market downturn, would you have the courage to pick up a property? Everyone will be screaming prices can only get lower !! What would be the banks' reactions?

2) Are you able to tell when market will bottom?

Good luck !!

I'll try to answer your questions as honestly as I can. Can you then explain your point as it's not 100% clear.

1> No. I'm basically a coward. When it's taken me many years of hard work to earn my money I'm so scared that buying Singapore property would be like watching it burn.
I don't think the banks would care. They are protected by only having lent you a max 80%. If property plunged to a value where the banks were also carrying a risk then I'm not sure what would happen. But they are pretty well protected with their 20% buffer.

2> No. I'm clueless. I'd probably just ask on this board what people thought :)

gadiny
05-10-13, 20:14

First Caveat Lodged.

Just speculating..

Hi looking at square foot research, this is #10-12, a 2 BR with loft in loving/dinning room of about 16 sqm (or 173 sqf) (unit layout B5-L). This explained the 'lower' than expected psf ....

Level 2 to 9 of same stack will be of size 62 sqm (667 sqf).

visionary
05-10-13, 23:39
I don't understand this post. Can you explain what it means, please.

Hi, basically its selling for 1277psf, far lower than the "average" 1500 psf.

I am trying to guess which unit it is, and sharing my thoughts.

panamera
06-10-13, 00:08
I'll try to answer your questions as honestly as I can. Can you then explain your point as it's not 100% clear.

1> No. I'm basically a coward. When it's taken me many years of hard work to earn my money I'm so scared that buying Singapore property would be like watching it burn.
I don't think the banks would care. They are protected by only having lent you a max 80%. If property plunged to a value where the banks were also carrying a risk then I'm not sure what would happen. But they are pretty well protected with their 20% buffer.

You will never be able to 100% feel if the timing is right or not. You need to feel comfortable that the amount is an amount you are comfortable with, from the monthly repayment and you have enough reserve set aside for 12 months instalments.

It will end up being the gut feel that will complete the balance 10% of the analysis. Is this a project you really like and can imagine staying there and still in love with after 5 years?

easteast
06-10-13, 03:31

i will say no pain no gain , if too much worry u will never gain... just my opinion.

Village Idiot
06-10-13, 15:44
Hi, basically its selling for 1277psf, far lower than the "average" 1500 psf.

I am trying to guess which unit it is, and sharing my thoughts.

Ah, got it, understood. That seems like a decent buy. High floor, South facing and the high ceilings are a nice feature. If it were me, I'd like to leave the high ceilings open to enjoy, rather than build a platform and try to house another family of 4 up there. Seems someone bought a lovely unit. Congrats to the buyer!!!

visionary
06-10-13, 16:15
Ah, got it, understood. That seems like a decent buy. High floor, South facing and the high ceilings are a nice feature. If it were me, I'd like to leave the high ceilings open to enjoy, rather than build a platform and try to house another family of 4 up there. Seems someone bought a lovely unit. Congrats to the buyer!!!

i am curious to know how much level 9 would cost...

visionary
07-10-13, 21:00
Per the location/control plan page 2 as attached, the row of 25 tress (which you have mentioned) along bedok rise are to be retained and from the photo, the trees are tall and will still be growing! Anyway I guess the trees are a necessary evil to provide privacy for Glades' south facing and the landed property residents:)

http://s14.postimg.org/61juk0771/The_glades_tree.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/61juk0771/)

I was told that Bedok Rise would be widened. These trees would have to go if thats true.

Village Idiot
07-10-13, 21:05
i am curious to know how much level 9 would cost...

I can tell you that 10-06 was 1,001,500, layout B3. I know because I asked the price - that was the launch day price.

Is it true that developers are not legally allowed to hold units more than 5 years? I haven't seen that rule discussed here, but I read it elsewhere. With a 4 year build time that means at around TOP date the developer will be FORCED to start thinking about heavy discounts on those units that remain unsold.

The more I read about all these rules I really believe SG property market is in a complete mess. Cooling measures are killing measures. If you are buying a home then no problem. If you are an investor and/or aspiring landlord It seems you'd be better keeping your money under the mattress.

Government don't want to see the housing bubble burst, but instead they have strangled the life out of it. If I had a vote I'd vote for the opposition :confused:

visionary
07-10-13, 22:48
I can tell you that 10-06 was 1,001,500, layout B3. I know because I asked the price - that was the launch day price.

Is it true that developers are not legally allowed to hold units more than 5 years? I haven't seen that rule discussed here, but I read it elsewhere. With a 4 year build time that means at around TOP date the developer will be FORCED to start thinking about heavy discounts on those units that remain unsold.

The more I read about all these rules I really believe SG property market is in a complete mess. Cooling measures are killing measures. If you are buying a home then no problem. If you are an investor and/or aspiring landlord It seems you'd be better keeping your money under the mattress.

Government don't want to see the housing bubble burst, but instead they have strangled the life out of it. If I had a vote I'd vote for the opposition :confused:

Hi,

Type B3 is only stack -10 and -11.

Stack -06 are 3 bedders.

Village Idiot
07-10-13, 23:58
Hi,

Type B3 is only stack -10 and -11.

Stack -06 are 3 bedders.

Sorry, Visionary. I meant stack 10, 6th floor. South facing.

If it's true that the 2% discount has been removed then I guess the price should have gone up. The price I mentioned is launch day price.

Thinking about it, the 12th floor unit mentioned, with air space, would seem like it is worth paying the 72k SGD extra.

gadiny
08-10-13, 06:52

Two areas which I am aware which have monetary implication if not sold within a period:

1) One of the requirements to get approval for Qualifying Cert (QC) per Residential Property Act (RPA) is to sell all units within 2 years from TOP.
This condition applies to Non-Singapore Companies and thus listed companies like Keppel with foreign shareholders will be caught.
If unable to do sell all within 2 years from TOP, pay extension charge for unsold units.

2) Remission/refund of ABSD (15% of purchase price) paid by developers if manage to sell within 5 years from purchase of land.

For GLS (like the one for Glade), Non-Spore developers are exempted from the requirements (like point 1)) of QC

Guru please correct if not what you all understand. Thks!

gadiny
08-10-13, 06:59
I was told that Bedok Rise would be widened. These trees would have to go if thats true.

Hi I got the information from conditions of tender for this land per http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppChngi/CL/tenderdocs/NewUppChngi-COT_TCOT_CA.pdf on top of the CP which I attached previously which states

8.2 Particular Requirements

8.2.1 The successful tenderer is to retain a row of 25 nos of trees(subject to
NParks confirmation) along Bedok Rise as shown in the Control Plan
within the proposed centre median as part of the widening of the existing
Bedok Rise to a road reserve width of 26.2m. The tree roots are not to
be affected by the construction of the future centre median.

Per the CP per link below, the row where the trees are will be the proposed center median http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppChngi/CL/tenderdocs/NewUppChngi-LP_CP.pdf

visionary
08-10-13, 09:17
Hi I got the information from conditions of tender for this land per http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppChngi/CL/tenderdocs/NewUppChngi-COT_TCOT_CA.pdf on top of the CP which I attached previously which states

8.2 Particular Requirements

8.2.1 The successful tenderer is to retain a row of 25 nos of trees(subject to
NParks confirmation) along Bedok Rise as shown in the Control Plan
within the proposed centre median as part of the widening of the existing
Bedok Rise to a road reserve width of 26.2m. The tree roots are not to
be affected by the construction of the future centre median.

Per the CP per link below, the row where the trees are will be the proposed center median http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppChngi/CL/tenderdocs/NewUppChngi-LP_CP.pdf

You are very resourceful. Thanks for the correcting me with the actual info!

wanttosnap
11-10-13, 07:35
any more 2bed at around 8XXk?

Village Idiot
17-10-13, 02:55
any more 2bed at around 8XXk?

I shouldn't think so. You mean the 2-bed compact? Not sure the price on those. Anyway, my agent said sales are VERY slow, but Keppel are refusing to budge on the prices; "at least for the moment" were his exact words.

Village Idiot
20-10-13, 16:29
Any update on sales? Anyone seen the sales board?

Kampongboy
21-10-13, 08:56
newbie in forum here. wow 41 pages long thread. went to the showflat during launch also, v crowded but like very few ppl wanna buy lei. I am one of them.. no money.

Price is simply on the high side. when i regsiter for ballot my agent told me its 14xx psf.. price come out is 15xx psf for 2bdroom, really cannot stomach.

the development is not fantastic la.. but the interior finishes are still quality, at least minimum expected of keppel. i think they are the one of the only developers who still do not budge on using lesser grade materials to keep cost low in order to make the project affordable to buyers.. but at this stage, they really should relook at this. quality good,expensive, but nobody buy also like that...

mermaid
21-10-13, 12:36
newbie in forum here. wow 41 pages long thread. went to the showflat during launch also, v crowded but like very few ppl wanna buy lei. I am one of them.. no money.

Price is simply on the high side. when i regsiter for ballot my agent told me its 14xx psf.. price come out is 15xx psf for 2bdroom, really cannot stomach.

the development is not fantastic la.. but the interior finishes are still quality, at least minimum expected of keppel. i think they are the one of the only developers who still do not budge on using lesser grade materials to keep cost low in order to make the project affordable to buyers.. but at this stage, they really should relook at this. quality good,expensive, but nobody buy also like that...

tink very hard for developers to cut price leh ... land bid is exp in the 1st place.

Kampongboy
21-10-13, 15:27
even cut developer also cant cut alot i guess. if price drop to Thomson Three/SV price the project sure fly man, although highly unlikely... it seems like for 2bdroom psychological barrier is $1million for mass market buyers, not so much of the psf.

anyway what do you guys think about the investment potential of the east in general? my agent keep texting/calling me ask me go back sales gallery and consider again because of the project jewel at changi airport, payalebar transformation etc etc. but i reply unless price change im not going back..

I am thinking if Jgateway can sell the lakeside/jurong story so well, i think the changi airport story and relocation of Paya lebar airbase coupled with changi business park is even better lor.. imagine when zheng hu start developing the paya lebar area when the air base move to changi also...

mermaid
21-10-13, 15:43
even cut developer also cant cut alot i guess. if price drop to Thomson Three/SV price the project sure fly man, although highly unlikely... it seems like for 2bdroom psychological barrier is $1million for mass market buyers, not so much of the psf.

anyway what do you guys think about the investment potential of the east in general? my agent keep texting/calling me ask me go back sales gallery and consider again because of the project jewel at changi airport, payalebar transformation etc etc. but i reply unless price change im not going back..

I am thinking if Jgateway can sell the lakeside/jurong story so well, i think the changi airport story and relocation of Paya lebar airbase coupled with changi business park is even better lor.. imagine when zheng hu start developing the paya lebar area when the air base move to changi also...

tats y now everything is a quantam play gg fwd.
if really wan to consider extreme east, to me is when it is very cheap. else not worth taking the risk.

RCT
21-10-13, 16:03

U must learn to filter the noise away.. The government have annoucned development almost everywhere.. Woodland, Jurong, Kallang, Pasir Ris, etc. but we must remember about the km to city.. The nearer to city the more expensive. Jurong cannot be more expensive then tiong bahru just because of one plan by the governemnt.. Payer Lebar cannot be the next Orchard Road.

Village Idiot
26-10-13, 12:09
The development is not fantastic la.

I agree, it's really not that amazing. The landscape looks like it has potential to be nice, but the development is not an architectural masterpiece or icon.

... but the interior finishes are still quality, at least minimum expected of Keppel.

I don't know why people would want to buy a 1 million dollar home with cheap crap finishing, just so they can save 10k. It really beats me why you buy a home with a 99 year lease, but are happy with finishes that are made to last 1 year and then fall apart.

Quality, good, expensive, but nobody buy also like that.

Unfortunately, you are right. I think investors want the lowest possible quantum at almost any compromise. Those buying to stay might think differently, but they also seem to have same mindset. I think Sky Vue proves that people are just not willing to pay a premium for beauty and architecture. In other words, they want function over form, and they want it cheap. Are these the same wealthy people who will pay 10k for a handbag on Orchard road when they could get a similar but crappy made one at Bugis market for 50 bucks :):)

MGM
28-10-13, 18:12
A New Condo Singapore (http://newcondosingapore.sg) – The Glades at Tanah Merah (http://newcondosingapore.sg/glades/) – Located just within a 1 minute walk away from the Tanah Merah MRT station, The Glades (http://thegladessingapore.com) is yet another highly anticipated new launch by Keppel Land within the Tanah Merah/Upper Changi area.

Surrounded by host of retails and service amenities and located in the already established Tanah Merah neighbourhood, the condominium will consist of a total of 726 units (subject to approval) and units will range from 1 bedroom, up to the very much in demand 4 bedrooms dual keys. Find out more project details by The Glades (http://thegladessingapore.com) at our project details page.

Jointly developed by Keppel Land Limited and China Vanke Co Ltd, the condominium is only a stone’s throw away from the Tanah Merah MRT station and surrounded by education institutes such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College and the up and coming SUTD (Singapore University of Technology and Design) new campus which is expected to be ready by 2014.

You will also have a host of retail and service amenities located well within the vicinity at The Glades (http://gladescondo.org). Shopping malls such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall are within a quick walk or quick drive away if you ever need to do some shopping. You will be connected seamlessly to other parts of Singapore such as the CBD and city via major expressways like the Pan Island Expressway (PIE), East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway and Tampines Expressway (TPE).

On top of it all, at The Glades (http://thegladescondo.org), you will get to enjoy and relax at the many recreational facilities nearby such as the East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and also the Bedok Reservoir Park.

Investing In The Glades By Keppel Land Limited
If you are looking to invest in a piece of property amidst the current property market condition, The Glades will give you several compelling reasons to do so:

Located close to Tanah Merah MRT. Properties within proximity of MRT station has enjoy good capital appreciation over the years
Land parcels close to MRT stations plotted for residential use is decreasing sharply
Reputable education institutes nearby
Near to Singapore University Of Technology And Design (demands for rental from foreign students)
Minutes to retail malls and service by major expressways to other parts of the city

Check out The Glades (http://thegladessingapore.com) or other New Condo Singapore (http://newcondosingapore.sg) NOW!

MGM
28-10-13, 18:14
A New Condo Singapore (http://newcondosingapore.sg) – The Glades at Tanah Merah (http://newcondosingapore.sg/glades/) – Located just within a 1 minute walk away from the Tanah Merah MRT station, The Glades (http://thegladessingapore.com) is yet another highly anticipated new launch by Keppel Land within the Tanah Merah/Upper Changi area.

Surrounded by host of retails and service amenities and located in the already established Tanah Merah neighbourhood, the condominium will consist of a total of 726 units (subject to approval) and units will range from 1 bedroom, up to the very much in demand 4 bedrooms dual keys. Find out more project details by The Glades (http://thegladessingapore.com) at our project details page.

Jointly developed by Keppel Land Limited and China Vanke Co Ltd, the condominium is only a stone’s throw away from the Tanah Merah MRT station and surrounded by education institutes such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College and the up and coming SUTD (Singapore University of Technology and Design) new campus which is expected to be ready by 2014.

You will also have a host of retail and service amenities located well within the vicinity at The Glades (http://gladescondo.org). Shopping malls such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall are within a quick walk or quick drive away if you ever need to do some shopping. You will be connected seamlessly to other parts of Singapore such as the CBD and city via major expressways like the Pan Island Expressway (PIE), East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway and Tampines Expressway (TPE).

On top of it all, at The Glades (http://thegladescondo.org), you will get to enjoy and relax at the many recreational facilities nearby such as the East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and also the Bedok Reservoir Park.

Investing In The Glades By Keppel Land Limited
If you are looking to invest in a piece of property amidst the current property market condition, The Glades will give you several compelling reasons to do so:

Located close to Tanah Merah MRT. Properties within proximity of MRT station has enjoy good capital appreciation over the years
Land parcels close to MRT stations plotted for residential use is decreasing sharply
Reputable education institutes nearby
Near to Singapore University Of Technology And Design (demands for rental from foreign students)
Minutes to retail malls and service by major expressways to other parts of the city

Check out The Glades (http://thegladessingapore.com) or other New Condo Singapore (http://newcondosingapore.sg) NOW!

bakasa2002
23-11-13, 22:39
The glades 3br advertised at 1.15m, px drop?

newlaunchproperty
24-11-13, 01:37
The glades 3br advertised at 1.15m, px drop?
We have released new stacks of 1 to 4 bedrooms units types and those units released are our NOVEMBER STARBUY UNITS (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html).
Our 3-Bedroom Compact (840sf) starts from $1.16mil. Our Starbuy Units for Limited Period only!
Check out our The Glades (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html) Homepage for more info today!
Contact us for Showflat Appointment now!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t457/skychiu/Property%20Tanah%20Merah/The%20Glades/PB_The_Glades_Logo_zps9f7915bc.jpg (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html)

august
24-11-13, 19:00
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Was just looking at the draft master plan and realise the plot next to Urban vista is zoned for residential with commercial at 1st storey. It was zoned purely for commercial previously.

chiaseed
25-11-13, 16:00
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Was just looking at the draft master plan and realise the plot next to Urban vista is zoned for residential with commercial at 1st storey. It was zoned purely for commercial previously.

:scared-5:Does this mean the value appreciation of the condos in vicinity like Urban Vista and The Glades would not be as much as originally thought?

pineapple
25-11-13, 18:48

Yup this was known earlier before 2013 draft master plan

august
25-11-13, 19:02
:scared-5:Does this mean the value appreciation of the condos in vicinity like Urban Vista and The Glades would not be as much as originally thought?

No idea, not vested in the area. :beats-me-man:

ecimbew
04-12-13, 08:46
Taken from SG Gary Tan website

http://sggarrytan.com/wp-content/uploads/Location-Map.jpg

DC33_2008
04-12-13, 09:00
Hope developer is using double-glazed for those track-facing units.

Alchemist6
18-06-14, 15:25
This thread has been quiet for so long.. Any buyers/interest lately?

Prices on some of the the units look to have been marked down since launch but sales still are moving at snail's pace.. Anyone thinks there could be chance for a re-launch??? Most of the units are still unreleased...... I do like the location, don't think you can go wrong with a project situated right next to the mrt.,.

newlaunchproperty
20-06-14, 11:33
This thread has been quiet for so long.. Any buyers/interest lately?

Prices on some of the the units look to have been marked down since launch but sales still are moving at snail's pace.. Anyone thinks there could be chance for a re-launch??? Most of the units are still unreleased...... I do like the location, don't think you can go wrong with a project situated right next to the mrt.,.
Hi Alchemist6,

The Glades (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html) sales are picking up recently due to our monthly starbuy units promotion for each unit type. You can check out our The Glades homepage (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html) for more info.

No news on any chance of relaunch. Our monthly starbuy units promotion did offer attractive pricing right now. :)

Yes, you are definitely right. You will not go wrong with a project situated just right next to MRT. Other than just that, there are many potential growth in the vicinity and the East you as the future resident can look forwards too. You may contact me at 9789 8770 for a showsuite presentation and an non-obligatory discussion. It is my pleasure to share with you more on The Glades. :)

Developer Appointed Sales Team
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t457/skychiu/Property%20Tanah%20Merah/The%20Glades/PB_The_Glades_Logo_zps9f7915bc.jpg (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html)

Yuki
20-06-14, 14:54

The thing is if you buy any project near existing mrt. .the price already factored this in.

The value appreciation will not much. Unless you can find other buyers willing to pay even more...which I find its hard given current n future climate.

Price appreciation usually for those projects which in past not near mrt then by stroke of luck..government decides to build one.
Or decides to invest to develop the area.

elvinlim
01-07-14, 19:48
New Launch Condo Next to Tanah Merah MRT Station

The Glades (http://www.propertysale.com.sg/the-glades/) is developed by Keppel Land & China Vanke

• ONLY 1 Minute Walk to Tanah Merah MRT Interchange!!!
• Developers with impeccable track record – Keppel Land & China Vanke
• Excellent access to City and CBD plus any parts of Singapore via major expressways such as PIE, ECP and TPE
• Short drive to Changi Business Hub, Expo and Changi Airport (Project Jewel & Terminal 5)
• Many education institutions nearby such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College, upcoming Singapore University of Technology and Design (To be ready by 2014)
• A host of retail and service amenities within close proximity such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall
• Enjoy plenty of outdoor recreation facilities such as East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and Bedok Reservoir Park
• Excellent rental potential
• Fully fitted units with quality products by SMEG & Whirlpool

Call Elvin @ 8366 8080 for more information

Village Idiot
12-10-14, 12:58
The thing is if you buy any project near existing mrt. .the price already factored this in.

The value appreciation will not much. Unless you can find other buyers willing to pay even more...which I find its hard given current n future climate.

Price appreciation usually for those projects which in past not near mrt then by stroke of luck..government decides to build one.
Or decides to invest to develop the area.

This thread has been quiet for a long time. Has anyone been considering buying a unit here? Looking at the URA data, sales here are very slow. Analysts say the market will be on a slow decline for the next 6 years, so the market certainly isn't going to help Keppel sell units. What do board members here think Keppel's tactics will be to boost sales? Do you think they will re-launch at a lower price? If just continue with current sales speed then at TOP a small number of owners will have the development all to themselves - no need to queue to use facilities :)

westin
12-10-14, 17:21
They got holding power..... even 5 or 6 years cant sell should be ok for them.

Village Idiot
12-10-14, 19:30
They got holding power..... even 5 or 6 years cant sell should be ok for them.

Thanks, Westin. A prop agent also said the same thing to me. He said Reflections at Keppel Bay also similar situation and Keppel held on. But I believe there is a limit to how long a developer can hold, right? After the limit is reached, the developer will face big penalties for not clearing stocks? I was hoping Keppel will press the reset button soon, a bit like CapitaLand, and drop the prices by 200+ dollars psf. I actually would like to buy at Glades, I've been holding out and hoping the falling market and poor sales would work in my favour. I think developers need to face facts - a falling market, big over supply and low sales demand - it should be a perfect storm for buyers.

westin
13-10-14, 09:28
Agree... just like what urban vista did to sell its unit.. psf falls to between $1000-$1300..

Village Idiot
13-10-14, 19:55
Agree... just like what urban vista did to sell its unit.. psf falls to between $1000-$1300..

That's what I am hoping for. The longer the developer holds the worse their problems are going to get. If a 2 bed unit at Glades drops to $1000 PSF it would be a good buy.

4wheels
16-10-14, 21:47
That's what I am hoping for. The longer the developer holds the worse their problems are going to get. If a 2 bed unit at Glades drops to $1000 PSF it would be a good buy.

Worth waiting!

leftfield
17-10-14, 07:58

Will never happen. Land cost was already close to 800 psf. Breakeven is easily 1200 psf.

westin
17-10-14, 14:14
When market crashes , anything can happen... still remember when double bay was selling at less than $500 psf during 2009.

Cyberknight
17-10-14, 14:43
Maybe but highly unlikely. Look at Reflection. At 2009 did its price drop? Now keppel is keeping few blocks as service residences.

westin
17-10-14, 15:08
True, keppy power. We can only keep our fingers crossed for durians to fall..
But then again, tanah merah to sell at $1600-$1800...abit over bah....

More realistic should be between $1100 - $1300 or lower...

Amber Woods
17-10-14, 15:38
Maybe but highly unlikely. Look at Reflection. At 2009 did its price drop? Now keppel is keeping few blocks as service residences.

Gone are the days where developers could convert their their unsold developments to service apartments or to be sold as REITS. New law requires developers to sell off all units within 2 years of obtaining TOP. This is yet another form of measure to prevent developers from hoarding and control prices.

westin
17-10-14, 15:51
Cool insight.. which means keppy got to sell within the next 2 years, 2015 and 2016 where property prices will deflate... :tears_of_joy: $1200psf $1200psf is the way to clear its units...

Cyberknight
17-10-14, 18:21
http://www.rodyk.com/usermedia/documents/Rodyk_ReporterJun13%20-%20Property%20Notes1.pdf

Read this. Then u will understand why glades developer does not have to sell within 2 yrs from TOP.

Arcachon
17-10-14, 19:03
True, keppy power. We can only keep our fingers crossed for durians to fall..
But then again, tanah merah to sell at $1600-$1800...abit over bah....

More realistic should be between $1100 - $1300 or lower...

When the Durian fall to $1100 - $1300 or lower... will you buy, or wait for it to fall to another level.

Invest in property not on the price you pay but on your ability to hold.

2006 a young couple went to a showflat at Southbank, they did not buy because Southbank price is higher than citylight.

The following week all 3 and 2 Bedroom sold out.

2010 TOP the price of Southank for 2 Bedroom appreciated SGD 1,000,000.

Amber Woods
17-10-14, 19:06
http://www.rodyk.com/usermedia/documents/Rodyk_ReporterJun13%20-%20Property%20Notes1.pdf

Read this. Then u will understand why glades developer does not have to sell within 2 yrs from TOP.

The Glades is developed by Keppeland, a listed company with members included foreigners, hence it is subject to the 2-yr rule.

Cyberknight
17-10-14, 22:10
The Glades is developed by Keppeland, a listed company with members included foreigners, hence it is subject to the 2-yr rule.

Please read section 33(e) of the RPA, residential property act. My view is price does not need to drop even if not sold....

Village Idiot
18-10-14, 10:09
Please read section 33(e) of the RPA, residential property act. My view is price does not need to drop even if not sold....

I think whether Keppel get caught by this rule will be the biggest factor in whether they drop prices. How can we find out :)

To Leftfield who said "Will never happen. Land cost was already close to 800 psf. Breakeven is easily 1200 psf" then Keppel need to make a loss on the project. I am sure even Warren Buffett makes a loss on some of his trades :) If the average person buying property right now is making a loss then why shouldn't a big developer also accept that can happen. Keppel bought the land at the peak price, even in a hot market some people were shocked at the price paid, now the market is falling for 6+ years, who knows, then Keppel need to accept a loss. They enjoyed the times when a project sold out on launch day, so now they have to endure these bad times also..... suck it up :):)

Amber Woods
18-10-14, 10:30
I think whether Keppel get caught by this rule will be the biggest factor in whether they drop prices. How can we find out :)

To Leftfield who said "Will never happen. Land cost was already close to 800 psf. Breakeven is easily 1200 psf" then Keppel need to make a loss on the project. I am sure even Warren Buffett makes a loss on some of his trades :) If the average person buying property right now is making a loss then why shouldn't a big developer also accept that can happen. Keppel bought the land at the peak price, even in a hot market some people were shocked at the price paid, now the market is falling for 6+ years, who knows, then Keppel need to accept a loss. They enjoyed the times when a project sold out on launch day, so now they have to endure these bad times also..... suck it up :):)

Keppel as a listed company may well write off $100m for the project and bring down the land price just like what Wheelock did for its AMK project.

We saw that in 1997 when developers paid high prices for land and then few years later sold off their completed inventories at a loss. History is likely to repeat itself.

Village Idiot
18-10-14, 10:44
Keppel as a listed company may well write off $100m for the project and bring down the land price just like what Wheelock did for its AMK project.

We saw that in 1997 when developers paid high prices for land and then few years later sold off their completed inventories at a loss. History is likely to repeat itself.

I agree. I hope they do that before TOP. I also hope they still finish the development to a high standard - temptation might be to cut corners and shoddy workmanship on a loss making project.

Allthepies
18-10-14, 11:05
If construction already awarded, unlikely they can vary the quality... so has Glade started construction already?

Village Idiot
18-10-14, 11:10
If construction already awarded, unlikely they can vary the quality... so has Glade started construction already?

Yes. I pass the site on the MRT quite often. Not much to see yet, just a big hole in the ground. But, by any standards, sales are really poor - seems, on average, just 1 or 2 units per month sold :scared-4:

august
18-10-14, 12:18
I agree. I hope they do that before TOP. I also hope they still finish the development to a high standard - temptation might be to cut corners and shoddy workmanship on a loss making project.

If they sell cheaper obviously they will cut back on certain things. For e.g. Capitaland did it for Wharf Residence during the financial crisis.

Village Idiot
18-10-14, 19:51
If they sell cheaper obviously they will cut back on certain things. For e.g. Capitaland did it for Wharf Residence during the financial crisis.

That was my point, and that is not fair/ ethical. Some buyers have already paid over the odds for their unit and the least they can expect is a quality product.

august
18-10-14, 20:24
That was my point, and that is not fair/ ethical. Some buyers have already paid over the odds for their unit and the least they can expect is a quality product.

Two different products. Earlier buyers get the quality they paid for. It was made known to later buyers who bought at a discount they don't get the same marble fittings etc. That's what I was told.

Village Idiot
18-10-14, 20:49
Two different products. Earlier buyers get the quality they paid for. It was made known to later buyers who bought at a discount they don't get the same marble fittings etc. That's what I was told.

I guess that's fair then. Glades isn't the height of luxury though. I saw the show flat and the finishing was nice; nice enough for me, but it hasn't got gold plated taps or anything like that :) It's only priced like it should have gold plated taps :)

leftfield
21-10-14, 10:47

Not vested in Glades at all and I also think Keppel paid too high a price for the land. This is a JV between Keppel and China Vanke btw, not entirely up to Keppel to make the call. Point I'm trying to make is that both developers are super strong, holding power gao gao so unlikely to drop prices just like that.

invigorated
21-10-14, 14:03
Not vested in Glades at all and I also think Keppel paid too high a price for the land. This is a JV between Keppel and China Vanke btw, not entirely up to Keppel to make the call. Point I'm trying to make is that both developers are super strong, holding power gao gao so unlikely to drop prices just like that.

Conversely, it will be easy for them to absorb losses too. Look at what happened to panorama and the adjustment in balance sheets by the developers. Even after slashing prices and offering discounts, only abt 40% sold. It's back to a catch 22 situation and who blinks first for keppel.

There's another plot of land next to the Mrt right? There will be more competition if prices are lower than glades or it may also serve as a support for their prices.

Village Idiot
21-10-14, 20:16
who blinks first.

I like that quote. Anyone want to predict who will blink first :) I guess buyers don't need to rush - why buy off plan in a falling market when there is plenty of remaining stock.

Amber Woods
22-10-14, 07:18
I like that quote. Anyone want to predict who will blink first :) I guess buyers don't need to rush - why buy off plan in a falling market when there is plenty of remaining stock.

I do not think the market has reached a stage where it will take off anytime soon given that prices are still very high.

Given the price disparity between HDB flat and private property, current price level is not sustainable. The mass market segment depends very much on upgraders to support. If HDB flat prices continue to fall, prices for mass market property will eventually cave in.

Village Idiot
25-10-14, 17:34
I do not think the market has reached a stage where it will take off anytime soon given that prices are still very high.

Given the price disparity between HDB flat and private property, current price level is not sustainable. The mass market segment depends very much on upgraders to support. If HDB flat prices continue to fall, prices for mass market property will eventually cave in.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this. I have a strong feeling it will be re-launched at a lower price. I have just passed the site on the MRT, it's quite a large site but it's an awkward shape and I am not sure how the build will look when finished as the land banking at the rear is very step and quite high.

I was also reading the Property Guru free magazine that was saying falling house prices are hurting Singapore's economic growth - not sure how impartial Property Guru is, but if that is true maybe the government will warm up the housing market soon?

johnoon
06-12-14, 19:50
The Glade Price + Availability Elevation Chart 28th November 2014 update here :

http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/the-glades/

Village Idiot
05-03-15, 10:37
Went past the site yesterday. It's an awkward plot; long, yet narrow.

I was wondering whether anyone knows what the final design is going to be like? What I mean is, the site is at road level at the front aspect, but at the back it's significantly below ground level. You can see at the back that there is a very steep bank. It seems that the full plot width can't be used and that makes the buildable plot even more narrowed. The other thing is, those PES and lower floor units at the back seem as though they will be below ground level. I'd guess those PES units would be facing the steep rear bank; it will be like living in a underground cave :)

The narrowed plot also means that the facilities such as the swimming pool is going to be a very narrowed design.

It looks like the awkward and uneven plot nature is going to test the developer's building and designs skills.

I'm interested to see what it will look like over time as the building progresses. Anyone got any thoughts.

Sales still seem slow, only 1 or 2 units per month are shifting as per URA iPhone app.

icarus777
05-03-15, 20:15
Went past the site yesterday. It's an awkward plot; long, yet narrow.

I was wondering whether anyone knows what the final design is going to be like? What I mean is, the site is at road level at the front aspect, but at the back it's significantly below ground level. You can see at the back that there is a very steep bank. It seems that the full plot width can't be used and that makes the buildable plot even more narrowed. The other thing is, those PES and lower floor units at the back seem as though they will be below ground level. I'd guess those PES units would be facing the steep rear bank; it will be like living in a underground cave :)

The narrowed plot also means that the facilities such as the swimming pool is going to be a very narrowed design.

It looks like the awkward and uneven plot nature is going to test the developer's building and designs skills.

I'm interested to see what it will look like over time as the building progresses. Anyone got any thoughts.

Sales still seem slow, only 1 or 2 units per month are shifting as per URA iPhone app.

Hi VI,

From my understanding of the plan, model, and pictures, the plot is indeed on a slope. However, the development has been designed with the slope aspect taken care of.

You may wish to note that the development has 3 different elevations. Blocks 2 and 4 are located on the highest ground. Blocks 6, 16, and 18 are located on the mid ground, and lastly blocks 8, 10, 12 and 20 are located on the lower ground (ie. the Changi Road Level).

As such, I believe the first floor of 2 and 4 is equivalent to the 2nd floor of blocks 6/16/18 which is almost equivalent to the 3rd floor of blocks 8/10/12/20.

The first floor of blocks 2 and 4 could be on the same level as the peak of Bedok Rise, thus i believe all the other south facing ground units of the rest of the blocks, will be indeed be affected by the "slope" which is most likely decorated with plants.. =)

Village Idiot
10-03-15, 21:04
Hi VI,

From my understanding of the plan, model, and pictures, the plot is indeed on a slope. However, the development has been designed with the slope aspect taken care of.

You may wish to note that the development has 3 different elevations. Blocks 2 and 4 are located on the highest ground. Blocks 6, 16, and 18 are located on the mid ground, and lastly blocks 8, 10, 12 and 20 are located on the lower ground (ie. the Changi Road Level).

As such, I believe the first floor of 2 and 4 is equivalent to the 2nd floor of blocks 6/16/18 which is almost equivalent to the 3rd floor of blocks 8/10/12/20.

The first floor of blocks 2 and 4 could be on the same level as the peak of Bedok Rise, thus i believe all the other south facing ground units of the rest of the blocks, will be indeed be affected by the "slope" which is most likely decorated with plants.. =)

What a great answer. Thank you very much icarus777. This was exactly the sort of insight I was hoping someone would have. I hadn't managed to work out from the model what the design was going to be like. It does leave a lot of land (the slope) that can't be used for anything though. I guess, as you say, they'll just cover it over with some plants :)

icarus777
13-03-15, 00:16
What a great answer. Thank you very much icarus777. This was exactly the sort of insight I was hoping someone would have. I hadn't managed to work out from the model what the design was going to be like. It does leave a lot of land (the slope) that can't be used for anything though. I guess, as you say, they'll just cover it over with some plants :)

Hi, for accuracy's sake, the level 1 of blocks 2 and 4 are actually the level 3 (not 2) of the mid tier blocks.

Between the blocks and the "slope" there is a round estate jogging track. I believe even then, there will be plenty of greenery to make the slope a non-issue.

New Balance
20-04-15, 17:35
Am amazed by the speed of construction. Hope it will T.O.P. before end 2017.

Village Idiot
11-05-15, 19:14
Am amazed by the speed of construction. Hope it will T.O.P. before end 2017.

This is an interesting point, which made me think.

The developer here was caught by unfortunate timing. They paid a handsome price for the land in a strong(er) market. The market then started to decline and analysts are predicting the gradual decline might last for years. This means the end product will be launched (TOP) into a very different market. I guess the only thing that can flex is the developer's profit.

Do you think the developer will try to accelerate the development TOP? Reasons that spring to mind are: 1> Buyers are more likely to buy a finished product than buy off plan. 2> Since the market is declining quarter after quarter it might "stop the bleeding" were they able to get the product to market quicker and shift the units.

URA shows 246 units sold. That still leaves a big stock pile for the developer.

Am I over analysing this situation :):):)

PropInvestor
09-10-15, 20:57
Still quite a few units of the Glades Still available. Quite a contrast to Urban Vista which is all sold out.

westin
09-10-15, 22:01
Urban vista sold at a discount $1200 and below..
glades still holding with no discount..cant move units ...bidded too high for tanah merah.

lilali
18-10-15, 23:21
Heard that Eco is going to be completed on Apr of next year, how about glades? thought both of them are expected to be T.O.P on Dec 2017..Hope all the units of glades can be sold out asap...then we can expect an earler T.O.P.

New Balance
19-10-15, 16:31
Heard that Eco is going to be completed on Apr of next year, how about glades? thought both of them are expected to be T.O.P on Dec 2017..Hope all the units of glades can be sold out asap...then we can expect an earler T.O.P.

Unless the developer is willing to drop their price (which I doubt so), hard to move the unsold units at all...not to mention sold out.....

westin
19-10-15, 17:44
Thats right, price is too high for tanah merah..developer can continue to hold if they still dont reduce price.

icarus777
10-12-15, 13:42
The Glades is making good progress. Seems like developer wants to build fast. Hope it doesnt compromise the quality of the project and don't tarnish the reputation of Keppeland!

Some recent pics, Nov 2015. Taken from Bedok Rise, which has been widened from 2 lane to 4 lanes, and the original trees preserved are now at the center of the road, making it a nice boulevard drive.

Painting of external walls seems to have commenced. on the MRT facing side.

Pics have not been photo edited, so please bear with my camera quality.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1817_zpsrspj6jlx.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1817_zpsrspj6jlx.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1816_zpswwkhljhw.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1816_zpswwkhljhw.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1799_zps5jh5rk59.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1799_zps5jh5rk59.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1812_zpsbgjbnqy8.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1812_zpsbgjbnqy8.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1804_zpsxcp5frfw.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1804_zpsxcp5frfw.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1809_zpsndh3bhr8.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1809_zpsndh3bhr8.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1807_zpsvvgx9izg.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1807_zpsvvgx9izg.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/cedist/glades%20progress/IMG_1814_zpsjxw27nw4.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cedist/media/glades%20progress/IMG_1814_zpsjxw27nw4.jpg.html)

westin
10-12-15, 14:04
Dont think developer even sold half of all the units..

New Balance
10-12-15, 15:35
Dont think developer even sold half of all the units..

How can we check the total number of units sold so far?

Yes, they are really speeding up the construction. May even over take the nearby eCO.

propertycarrots
10-12-15, 15:39
How can we check the total number of units sold so far?

Yes, they are really speeding up the construction. May even over take the nearby eCO.

You can check number of units sold in http://propertycarrots.com/search/index.php?project_name=THE+GLADES

New Balance
10-12-15, 15:56
You can check number of units sold in http://propertycarrots.com/search/index.php?project_name=THE+GLADES

Thanks for the link. So this project is about 46% sold.

bronzy
22-12-15, 08:37
Thanks for the link. So this project is about 46% sold.

Surprising considering that the location isn't exactly bad. Price might be a little on the high side, most of the buyers should be buying for own stay? Have been driving past this project quite regularly, they sped up their development really quickly in the second half of 2015. I'm quite new to this but what is the rationale for speeding up? early completion to entice more buyers?

New Balance
23-12-15, 15:57
Surprising considering that the location isn't exactly bad. Price might be a little on the high side, most of the buyers should be buying for own stay? Have been driving past this project quite regularly, they sped up their development really quickly in the second half of 2015. I'm quite new to this but what is the rationale for speeding up? early completion to entice more buyers?

Not sure why they are speeding up but just hope they won't compromise on safety and quality.
Urban Vista's construction is super fast...looks like it can TOP soon.

westin
08-01-16, 10:17
Parcel B already triggered, wonder who is the developer. Keppel will have a hard time selling the gladest if the bid price is lower, gonna be interesting.
Or maybe keppel themselves triggered this plot...haha

bronzy
08-01-16, 22:19
Parcel B already triggered, wonder who is the developer. Keppel will have a hard time selling the gladest if the bid price is lower, gonna be interesting.
Or maybe keppel themselves triggered this plot...haha

Since the plot ratios are the same @ 1.6, it should be simple to compare.

The Glades - 31,881.5 sq m (winning bid was $434.55 million) - $13,630 sq m
Plot B - 24,394 sq m (Minimum bid is at least $320 million - Could be more) - $13,117 sq m

By simple proportion, the per sq m price is should be about the same? About 3.8% cheaper for plot B. Does this make sense?

Village Idiot
04-06-16, 12:45
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Progress looks rapid. An Agent Friend of mine said expected TOP is end March 2017. That would be 9 months ahead of schedule.

I share the concerns about cutting corners on the build, but with so many units still unsold I hope that will ensure they finish to a high standard.

I am vested in Glades, and undoubtedly have significant capital depreciation and facing weak rental demand/ return. Anyway, that's life, I'll try to ride it out and hope SG property strengthens at some point.

For rental comparison look to Urban Vista, some units being advertised at really Low rentals. It's a bargain actually.

Julsp
30-08-16, 00:16
Bumping this thread! I went by the estate and the project looks like it will be done soon! Any other glades owners in this thread?

icarus777
30-08-16, 15:30
Vested.

frumnat
30-08-16, 18:03
Considered The Glades but the rental yield in the area seems to be coming down?

icarus777
29-12-16, 20:33
https://www.facebook.com/withLoveJoyLaughterHarmonyPeace/

Owners Facebook Group.

Arcachon
29-12-16, 20:39
The Glades @ Bedok Rise D16 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660421497535028/

✅TOP OBTAINED!!🔑🔑

🏠The Glades @ Tanah Merah
🔥HOT SELLING PROJECT
🐢 Mins walk to MRT

🏞Beautiful landscaping
👀Touch, Feel and see actual units

Available Units!

💥1 bedder from$693,000

💥2 bedder from $933,000

💥3 bedder from $1,235,000

💥4bedder and PHs available

Prices subject to changes and availability.

Arcachon
29-12-16, 20:55
http://singnewhomes.com/the-glades/

Pal8977
18-01-17, 23:51
Australia's leading track guided indoor and outdoor blinds and retractable insect screens are here in Singapore!

No cords, bead chains, wires!

No GAPS!

No rattling in wind!

Reduce dust/dirt and keep out mosquitos!

Call Lee at 9880 6538 for free measure and quote.

www.auszip.com.sg

www.facebook.com/AusZip/