PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28

teddybear
27-03-14, 15:54
You are right. It seems the West probe is in either Lim Chu Kang amidst the vegetable farms or the middle of the Lake? :beats-me-man:

My concern is that the readings are deceptive with hidden agenda to prop up property prices in the west.

eng81157
27-03-14, 16:11
Thank you la, Sir
for spoon feeding me

For 1st article, nothing is mention about the West or Jurong lei
For 2nd article....USA ?....

Why don't you spoon feed me further

I give you these figures to crunch

27.5 / 100,000 in Singapore died of lung cancer

how many from this figure are living in the West and how many are related to the oil and gas industries

18 / 100,000 had a fatal asthma attacked in Singapore

Again how many from this figure are living in the West and how many are related to the oil and gas industries

Thank you in advance hor, Sir :cheers1::cheers1:

sigh....learn to feed yourself. :doh:
where are the oil refineries located??! the article is to show you that there are other pollutants around and they aren't part of PSI calculations

secondly, there are many causes of lung cancer, not limited to exposure to benzene alone.

thirdly, there is no known epidemiological study done, so please take it up to MoH. even if there were studies done, there aren't published for public consumption.

Simi
27-03-14, 16:17
where are the oil refineries located??! the article is to show you that there are other pollutants around and they aren't part of PSI calculations

secondly, there are many causes of lung cancer, not limited to exposure to benzene alone.

thirdly, there is no known epidemiological study done, so please take it up to MoH. even if there were studies done, there aren't published for public consumption.

Sir

fair enough (your posting above)

but hor, unconvincing lei :scared-5::D

conspiracy ?:doh::)

teddybear
27-03-14, 16:20
Ai yoh, otherwise why the West PSI probe placed in some ulu location instead of beside the smoke chimney? :beats-me-man:

chestnut
27-03-14, 16:26
Sir

fair enough (your posting above)

but hor, unconvincing lei :scared-5::D

bro simi...

eat vegetables damn dangerous leh... why??? u know how much pesticides they put into the vegetables???? this pesticides can kill a person leh... oh, by the way, i have no stats... hahahahahaha

please dont eat meat hor.. why??? Did you know they put antibiotics into the animal and thus it will be transferred to you... oh, by the way, I have no stats... hahahahaha

Dont stay near roadside hor... you know the pollution coming out of the car damn dangerous leh... oh by the way, I have no stats... hahahahaha

http://des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/pip/factsheets/ard/documents/ard-5.pdf

bro, jurong estate established since the 70s.... if really bad, by now so many in jurong all gone liao...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurong_East

Simi
27-03-14, 16:26
Ai yoh, otherwise why the West PSI probe placed in some ulu location instead of beside the smoke chimney? :beats-me-man:

Ai you
Teddy Sir

you another conspiracy expert ? :doh:

engSir firstly and secondly already contradictory
and his thirdly is based on conspiracy

Sorry sir for pointing it out

Thank you anyway
you guys made my day :cheers1::cheers1:

Simi
27-03-14, 16:30
bro simi...

eat vegetables damn dangerous leh... why??? u know how much pesticides they put into the vegetables???? this pesticides can kill a person leh... oh, by the way, i have no stats... hahahahahaha

please dont eat meat hor.. why??? Did you know they put antibiotics into the animal and thus it will be transferred to you... oh, by the way, I have no stats... hahahahaha

Dont stay near roadside hor... you know the pollution coming out of the car damn dangerous leh... oh by the way, I have no stats... hahahahaha

bro, jurong estate established since the 70s.... if really bad, by now so many in jurong all gone liao...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurong_East

Walao Bro chestnut !!!
you just suddenly jumped out from nowhere

people frighten people and scare to death wan you know :D:D

chestnut
27-03-14, 16:34
Walao Bro chestnut !!!
you just suddenly jumped out from nowhere

people frighten people and scare to death wan you know :D:D

hahaha... bro, by the way, please dont cross the road hor... you know how many road accident casualties????

http://www.spf.gov.sg/prints/tp_annual/2012/doc/12spfa_casualties2.pdf

chestnut
27-03-14, 16:37
number 1 death

Cancer
http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/statistics/Health_Facts_Singapore/Principal_Causes_of_Death.html

Number 1 cancer
for man - Colo-rectum
for woman - Breast

http://www.nccs.com.sg/patientcare/whatiscancer/cancerStatistics/Pages/Home.aspx

eng81157
27-03-14, 16:42
Ai you
Teddy Sir

you another conspiracy expert ? :doh:

engSir firstly and secondly already contradictory
and his thirdly is based on conspiracy

Sorry sir for pointing it out

Thank you anyway
you guys made my day :cheers1::cheers1:

you're not making sense like a certain moron - R.

1. tell you PSI reading don't include many other pollutants
2. contradictory?! what's contradictory? lung cancer is not only caused by exposure to carcinogens. why? genetic :doh::doh:
3. there is no conspiracy. you flashed out cancer incidences and asked about stats that require epidemiological studies to prove. no study = no proven correlation

enough of spoon feeding

chestnut
27-03-14, 16:43
bro, you know how much radio wave is in the air????

mobile phone, wifi, etc.... never have we experienced so much radio wave.... I think we need to buy a magneto helmet to prevent our brain from being fried !!!! hahahahahahahahahaha better walk with a wire touching the ground to give you grounding... hahahaahhahahaha:D:D:D:D:D

eng81157
27-03-14, 16:43
number 1 death

Cancer
http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/statistics/Health_Facts_Singapore/Principal_Causes_of_Death.html

Number 1 cancer
for man - Colo-rectum
for woman - Breast

http://www.nccs.com.sg/patientcare/whatiscancer/cancerStatistics/Pages/Home.aspx

in totality, number one is colorectal and lung cancer is second (and dropping, thanks to anti-smoking campaigns and high tabacco taxes)

Simi
27-03-14, 16:46
hahaha... bro, by the way, please dont cross the road hor... you know how many road accident casualties????

http://www.spf.gov.sg/prints/tp_annual/2012/doc/12spfa_casualties2.pdf

Bro

you want to come and fetch me home issit ? hahahaha

then will not need to cross any road :D

Simi
27-03-14, 16:49

2. contradictory?! what's contradictory? lung cancer is not only caused by exposure to carcinogens. why? genetic :doh::doh:
3. there is no conspiracy. you flashed out cancer incidences and asked about stats that require epidemiological studies to prove. no study = no proven correlation

enough of spoon feeding

Eng Sir

lets stop here :D

I am not a moron neither am I a ghost

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=469491&postcount=49

Patrickstar
27-03-14, 18:53
I have visited Jurong many times to smell all kinds of industrial effluents in the air, from petrochemical to cocoa to I don't even know what chemical...

PSI definitely does not record other kinds of pollutants which could potentially be harmful to the body. Industries also invest tons of money in jurong factories, so I doubt these industries will be chased away just because people complain of smells. Industrial players also know that it is almost impossible for the lay person to hunt them down even if they release cancer causing agents in the air as it make take years before the effect can be seen.

So for those thinking of moving to factory land......BEWARE!!!!

enough of spoon feeding

Ringo33
27-03-14, 19:16
I have visited Jurong many times to smell all kinds of industrial effluents in the air, from petrochemical to cocoa to I don't even know what chemical...

PSI definitely does not record other kinds of pollutants which could potentially be harmful to the body. Industries also invest tons of money in jurong factories, so I doubt these industries will be chased away just because people complain of smells. Industrial players also know that it is almost impossible for the lay person to hunt them down even if they release cancer causing agents in the air as it make take years before the effect can be seen.

Bla Bla Bla

eng81157
28-03-14, 08:20

having said so, singapore has stringent environmental regulations and heavy industries are located at a minimum safe distance from housing populations. however in the event where air speed in stronger than usual, it is only logical to assume that those who are in closest proximity will be exposed.

teddybear
28-03-14, 13:06
Didn't many say Singapore should not be a "nanny" state?
All the information are freely available on the internet and there is no censorship, so people should just caveat emptor.......................
There is no free lunch in this world, otherwise why is Jurong West properties always much cheaper than other locality in Singapore? :o

having said so, singapore has stringent environmental regulations and heavy industries are located at a minimum safe distance from housing populations. however in the event where air speed in stronger than usual, it is only logical to assume that those who are in closest proximity will be exposed.

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 14:48
I think it is worth it for HPB to carry out a survey on people living in jurong who suffer from respiratory related illness n cancer over the past ten years and compare the figure with those living in the other end of sg.

xebay11
28-03-14, 15:02
I think it is worth it for HPB to carry out a survey on people living in jurong who suffer from respiratory related illness n cancer over the past ten years and compare the figure with those living in the other end of sg.

Singapore may be too small to make any significant difference in results, the island is only 55km end to end, you could almost do it in a marathon run and it's not like one end is all industry and the other end is virgin forest.

Ringo33
28-03-14, 15:11
OMG..did the trolls talking about air pollution again???

Dont worry, it will just be all fart and no shit...as non of the trolls here will be able to show us any facts related to Singapore and neither will they be able to show that air in other part of Singapore is pollution free..

chihuahua are extremely noisy and irritating at times, but they are harmless

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 16:37
If the smell of jurong factories can drift to tampines, fair enough no point carrying out the survey. If the effluents are just concentrated in jurong area mainly, I think the survey is worth carrying out.

Singapore may be too small to make any significant difference in results, the island is only 55km end to end, you could almost do it in a marathon run and it's not like one end is all industry and the other end is virgin forest.

xebay11
28-03-14, 16:52
If the smell of jurong factories can drift to tampines, fair enough no point carrying out the survey. If the effluents are just concentrated in jurong area mainly, I think the survey is worth carrying out.

My point is the East may also have its fair share of toxic pollutants which were highlighted ad nauseum here in this thread.

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 16:59
Pollution in jurong is daily, there isn't any daily factory output into the air in tampines that I can think of. Occasional haze everywhere n vehicular pollution we can strike that out as a fixed constraint, which leaves us with just industrial effluents. I think a ten year period is a reasonable period for the survey. Tampines n jurong are two good estates to use for the survey unless you have other estates in mind for fair comparison.

My point is the East may also have its fair share of toxic pollutants which were highlighted ad nauseum here in this thread.

dudick
28-03-14, 17:19
Pollution in jurong is daily, there isn't any daily factory output into the air in tampines that I can think of. Occasional haze everywhere n vehicular pollution we can strike that out as a fixed constraint, which leaves us with just industrial effluents. I think a ten year period is a reasonable period for the survey. Tampines n jurong are two good estates to use for the survey unless you have other estates in mind for fair comparison.

But there are also many factories at loyang near tampines

teddybear
28-03-14, 19:18
Those are "LIGHT" industries that do not produce lots of smoke/smog and toxic gases/chemicals like Jurong do................................... :rolleyes:

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 20:43
I have been to tampines many times but I don't smell crap in the air. Many of the factories dotted around the island are b1 activities n not the sort of heavy industry taking place in jurong.

Simi
28-03-14, 20:59
24hr PSI & PM2.5 Concentrations as at 8pm

PSI
West 29
East 37
Central 44
North 52
South 42

PM2.5
West 16µg/m3
East 26µg/m3
Central 27µg/m3
North 32µg/m3
South 28µg/m3

http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

heehee
28-03-14, 21:25
Useless PSI data that don't tell true story about different locality!

24hr PSI & PM2.5 Concentrations as at 8pm

PSI
West 29
East 37
Central 44
North 52
South 42

PM2.5
West 16µg/m3
East 26µg/m3
Central 27µg/m3
North 32µg/m3
South 28µg/m3

http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

Simi
28-03-14, 21:46

so what is the true story then

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 21:49
It is a known fact that psi cannot be trusted, tv state 50 psi but feels like 150psi. Also psi don't indicate factory effluents of a variety of sorts.

Those living in jurong...BEWARE!!!

teddybear
28-03-14, 21:51
True story?
Common sense tells us that the West with all the heavy industries producing smog everyday how can have lower PSI and PM2.5 than the Central catchment area? :rolleyes:

so what is the true story then

Simi
28-03-14, 21:58
certain forummer cannot be trusted also

using photo of another place and claimed that it happens in Jurong

West should be beware of people with evil tongue

Simi
28-03-14, 22:03
True story?
Common sense tells us that the West with all the heavy industries producing smog everyday how can have lower PSI and PM2.5 than the Central catchment area? :rolleyes:

Tell me the true story

don't tell me about common sense

teddybear
28-03-14, 22:09
For us, we use common sense can already, don't need NEA to spell out clearly we also know something is wrong somewhere............ :beats-me-man:

True story with facts - Please write to NEA and let us know can? :rolleyes:

Tell me the true story

don't tell me about common sense

Simi
28-03-14, 22:11
For us, we use common sense can already, don't need NEA to spell out clearly we also know something is wrong somewhere............ :beats-me-man:

Common sense ?

then by using your COMMON SENSE tell me what happens to MH370

Simi
28-03-14, 22:19

Please do not push this responsibility to me

It is You and your fellows who do not trust NEA in the first place then that is YOUR problem
If you unable to prove that what was reported by NEA is a LIE

Might very well shut up and do not try convince PEOPLE LIVING in THE WEST to use COMMON SENSE and look at the report by NEA differently

Photogguy
28-03-14, 22:28
....think its more hazardous living near people who fart all the time, good things this is an online forum and all the farts could not be transmitted through wireless transmission otherwise the P-Star Index (PSI) would hit 1000 here......wahahhahha...so those living in the West are spared.....thanks goodness!

Ringo33
28-03-14, 22:39
chihuahua only make noise, but they are harmless

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 22:46
You would rather trust some numbers flashing on tv than your own senses? No wonder those paying $1700psf condo in j gateway so easy to convince, whatever those agents say goes for them. If factories in jurong release harmful toxic substances into the air, you think NEA will report that n drive away foreign investment n harm our economy? Do you also think NEA will blow up the psi to drive expats out of the country. I think you are more intelligent than this.

Please do not push this responsibility to me

It is You and your fellows who do not trust NEA in the first place then that is YOUR problem
If you unable to prove that what was reported by NEA is a LIE

Might very well shut up and do not try convince PEOPLE LIVING in THE WEST to use COMMON SENSE and look at the report by NEA differently

Simi
28-03-14, 22:49
You would rather trust some numbers flashing on tv than your own senses? No wonder those paying $1700psf condo in j gateway so easy to convince, whatever those agents say goes for them. If factories in jurong release harmful toxic substances into the air, you think NEA will report that n drive away foreign investment n harm our economy? Do you also think NEA will blow up the psi to drive expats out of the country. I think you are more intelligent than this.

I question your agenda in coming into this thread and post negativities

tell me what is your agenda

people paying 1700psf you got problem ?
people paying 1700psf you not happy ?
people paying 1700psf you jealous ?

Simi
28-03-14, 22:55

and according to your logic or common sense I suppose

NEA might as well report PSI and PM2.5
in Central and South zone at low number to attract better investors ?

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 22:58
Negativities you cannot accept means the poster must have some agenda? Lol...

I am just sharing the primary thing that people living or looking to in jurong (good part of the West) should BEWARE, as what the thread title says. Am I not in line with the discussion? :D

I question your agenda in coming into this thread and post negativities

tell me what is your agenda

people paying 1700psf you got problem ?
people paying 1700psf you not happy ?
people paying 1700psf you jealous ?

Simi
28-03-14, 23:07
Negativities you cannot accept means the poster must have some agenda? Lol...

I am just sharing the primary thing that people living or looking to in jurong (good part of the West) should BEWARE, as what the thread title says. Am I not in line with the discussion? :D

in the same breathe

you must be a SAINT then

warning PEOPLE Living in the WEST on all those negativities you had posted
and should we heed your warning and abandon our homes and move to the EAST ?

You CAUSE a GREATER CATASTROPHE than NEA if you persist that NEA posted false numbers

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 23:09
Please lah, if an environmental researcher is going to study pollutant levels in jurong, are you trying to say that simply relying on psi is sufficient? Omitting industrial effluents altogether will score the researcher an F9 coz the pollutant index is just not able to cover the scope of industrial chemicals released into the air. Just give you a simple illustration, if you burn plastic n smell something funny in the air, is that funny chemical smell going to be recorded in the psi? There are a thousand n one chemicals factories burn everyday, you tell me psi record those?

and according to your logic or common sense I suppose

NEA might as well report PSI and PM2.5
in Central and South zone at low number to attract better investors ?

Simi
28-03-14, 23:12
Please lah, if an environmental researcher is going to study pollutant levels in jurong, are you trying to say that simply relying on psi is sufficient? Omitting industrial effluents altogether will score the researcher an F9 coz the pollutant index is just not able to cover the scope of industrial chemicals released into the air. Just give you a simple illustration, if you burn plastic n smell something funny in the air, is that funny chemical smell going to be recorded in the psi? There are a thousand n one chemicals factories burn everyday, you tell me psi record those?

is this the TRUE STORY or COMMON SENSE theory ?

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 23:17
The negative minded will always see things as negative n you are one good example. I have raised a red flag on air quality in jurong n instead of bombarding me, you should channel that energy to suggest for govt to be more stringent on factory emissions to reduce industrial effluents in the air. Since you live in jurong, you should take up that responsibility, I don't live in jurong so you can't expect me to be at the forefront in lobbying right? You should thank guys like us to raise the issue.

in the same breathe

you must be a SAINT then

warning PEOPLE Living in the WEST on all those negativities you had posted
and should we heed your warning and abandon our homes and move to the EAST ?

You CAUSE a GREATER CATASTROPHE than NEA if you persist that NEA posted false numbers

Simi
28-03-14, 23:22
The negative minded will always see things as negative n you are one good example. I have raised a red flag on air quality in jurong n instead of bombarding me, you should channel that energy to suggest for govt to be more stringent on factory emissions to reduce industrial effluents in the air. Since you live in jurong, you should take up that responsibility, I don't live in jurong so you can't expect me to be at the forefront in lobbying right? You should thank guys like us to raise the issue.

Me Negative Mind ?...LOL

Thank you for your saintly advises
I have live in the WEST with my family healthily and happily all my life

you should write to NEA instead on why other zones' PSI and PM2.5 are higher than in the WEST.

in your word it might effect and drive away INVESTORS and cause them to come to the WEST

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 23:25
Many plastics, particularly PVC when burned resuts in emissions of the deadly poison named dioxin. Dioxin is a toxic organic chemical that contains chlorine and is produced when chlorine and hydrocarbons are heated at high temperatures. To inhale dioxin or to be exposed anyway to its fumes can cause many deadly results. PvC is only one kind of plastic factories burn, what about other kinds that emit other kinds of toxic chemicals. You tell me psi record dioxin n chlorin gas in the atmosphere? I am just stating one of a broad range of possible chemicals that can be released by factories. My point is not to take psi as the standard pollution index in jurong. There is more than meets the eye. ...BEWARE!!!

is this the TRUE STORY or COMMON SENSE theory ?

Simi
28-03-14, 23:31
Many plastics, particularly PVC when burned resuts in emissions of the deadly poison named dioxin. Dioxin is a toxic organic chemical that contains chlorine and is produced when chlorine and hydrocarbons are heated at high temperatures. To inhale dioxin or to be exposed anyway to its fumes can cause many deadly results. PvC is only one kind of plastic factories burn, what about other kinds that emit other kinds of toxic chemicals. You tell me psi record dioxin n chlorin gas in the atmosphere? I am just stating one of a broad range of possible chemicals that can be released by factories. My point is not to take psi as the standard pollution index in jurong. There is more than meets the eye. ...BEWARE!!!

Thank you for your General Knowledge write up

reminisce of my school days

Patrickstar
28-03-14, 23:35
Please read this as well on the oil refinery gas emissions. Go through the psi indicator and the list of gases emitted by the refinery and see what is psi lacking? Don't forget that the oil refinery although a major industry in jurong is not the only contributor to the poor air quality there. There are loads of other factories all contributing as well.

http://www.mcilvainecompany.com/brochures/refinery_process.htm

Thank you for your General Knowledge write up

reminisce of my school day

Simi
28-03-14, 23:39
Please read this as well on the oil refinery gas emissions. Go through the psi indicator and the list of gases emitted by the refinery and see what is psi lacking? Don't say I never do homework.

http://www.mcilvainecompany.com/brochures/refinery_process.htm

ok la
since you like to do homework

I got homework for you then

Please go and find out the actual numbers

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=469482&postcount=5250

seeya.......and happy researching

Ringo33
29-03-14, 04:07
Regulators (aka Patrickstar), please dont waste our time talking about stuffs which you cant quantified.

If you believe you doubt NEA report or if you believe that people living in the west are dying younger, then by all means do your own research instead of relying one your big mouth

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 09:55
Firstly, I am not regulators aka your father/mother so don't kpkb.

Secondly, I have convinced forumers that there is more to the air in jurong than what psi reading indicate. What do you have to offer?

Regulators (aka Patrickstar), please dont waste our time talking about stuffs which you cant quantified.

If you believe you doubt NEA report or if you believe that people living in the west are dying younger, then by all means do your own research instead of relying one your big mouth

teddybear
29-03-14, 10:00
Don't think anybody say they are dying younger?
More like more illness, cancers, etc, cannot cure fully and yet cannot die peacefully and keep suffering because modern medical advancements just help to keep them alive without dying.................................. :(
terrible isn't it? :scared-4:

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 10:34
Lol.... how true that is :D

More like more illness, cancers, etc, cannot cure fully and yet cannot die peacefully and keep suffering because modern medical advancements just help to keep them alive without dying.................................. :(

hopeful
29-03-14, 10:47

Secondly, I have convinced forumers that there is more to the air in jurong than what psi reading indicate. ....

on what basis you made this statement ?

Simi
29-03-14, 10:56

Lol.... how true that is :D

Thank you for the curse

God Bless You :D:D

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 10:56
Do you believe that psi records all industrial effluents in jurong? If not then you should be convinced.

on what basis you made this statement ?

hopeful
29-03-14, 11:07
Do you believe that psi records all industrial effluents in jurong? If not then you should be convinced.

on what basis you make the statement "...you have convinced forummers that there is more to the air..."

i am a low intelligence person, need lots of explanation and also because of low intelligence, cannot parallel thinking and therefore only 1 track mind.

Is this what you mean?
before you open mouth:
forummers are not convinced that there is more to the air in jurong than what psi reading indicate

after you open mouth:
forummers are now convinced that there is more to the air in jurong than what psi reading indicate

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 12:03
Since you admitted you are of low intelligence, you belong to the exception so no point explaining further to you. Notice I mentioned "convinced forumers" n did not say "convinced all forumers" coz there are always exceptions like you. :D

on what basis you make the statement "...you have convinced forummers that there is more to the air..."

i am a low intelligence person, need lots of explanation and also because of low intelligence, cannot parallel thinking and therefore only 1 track mind.

Is this what you mean?
before you open mouth:
forummers are not convinced that there is more to the air in jurong than what psi reading indicate

after you open mouth:
forummers are now convinced that there is more to the air in jurong than what psi reading indicate

hopeful
29-03-14, 13:17
Since you admitted you are of low intelligence, you belong to the exception so no point explaining further to you. Notice I mentioned "convinced forumers" n did not say "convinced all forumers" coz there are always exceptions like you. :D

hmmm, can you give an estimate how many forummers that weren't convinced before you open your mouth became convinced after you opened your mouth?

i dont get what you meant by exception.
do you mean to say when you open your mouth
1) majority of the "un-convinced" becomes convince.
2) minority of the "un-convinced" becomes "un-conviced", hence the exception?

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 13:44
I think I explain what 'exception' is to you better. Exception refers to not so intelligent people like you (as you already admitted) that find it hard to understand simple logic n reasoning so convincing you will be like playing the piano to a cow. :tongue3:

hmmm, can you give an estimate how many forummers that weren't convinced before you open your mouth became convinced after you opened your mouth?

i dont get what you meant by exception.
do you mean to say when you open your mouth
1) majority of the "un-convinced" becomes convince.
2) minority of the "un-convinced" becomes "un-conviced", hence the exception?

Allthepies
29-03-14, 14:07

Do you believe it is pointless to talk based on perception that West area is more polluted..

Are there any statistical significance that people who live in the West has higher incidence of certain health issues? R insurance companies charging residents of the West higher premium?

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 14:30
Will insurance companies want to jeopardise their business by charging in this manner? Why can't perception backed by logic n reasoning have a point? There are many things that govt agencies don't report but it doesnt mean they do not exist.

Do you believe it is pointless to talk based on perception that West area is more polluted..

Are there any statistical significance that people who live in the West has higher incidence of certain health issues? R insurance companies charging residents of the West higher premium?

hopeful
29-03-14, 14:36
I think I explain what 'exception' is to you better. Exception refers to not so intelligent people like you (as you already admitted) that find it hard to understand simple logic n reasoning so convincing you will be like playing the piano to a cow. :tongue3:

what is the simple logic & reasoning that you keep on bandying about ?

btw i am a bit slow so i only notice now :)

.....Notice I mentioned "convinced forumers" n did not say "convinced all forumers" coz there are always exceptions like you. :D
did you notice also that i only mentioned "forummers"? i did not use the term "all forummers" at all :)
why did you ever bring up the term "all forummers" ? when previously you and i only mentioned "forummers" and not "all forummers".

hopeful
29-03-14, 14:38
Will insurance companies want to jeopardise their business by charging in this manner? Why can't perception backed by logic n reasoning have a point? There are many things that govt agencies don't report but it doesnt mean they do not exist.

how does insurance companies jeopardise their business by charging in this manner?

Patrickstar
29-03-14, 14:49
I don't have much patience with the mentally challenged. You may want to ask your insurance company why they can't charge in this manner coz I don't sell you insurance.

how does insurance companies jeopardise their business by charging in this manner?

hopeful
30-03-14, 00:54
I don't have much patience with the mentally challenged. You may want to ask your insurance company why they can't charge in this manner coz I don't sell you insurance.

Very nice. But i m no multi-tasker. On what basis you made the statement ?

teddybear
30-03-14, 13:11
Talk about insurance companies, soon they will be charging healthy people like you, me, everybody else inflated premiums for MediShield (under the new MediShield Life) because govt is going to force them to cover insurance for those with pre-existing illness and they can't charge the real high-risk rate totally to these people with pre-existing illness! :simmering:
Think that answers your question why there is no need to charge 1 party particularly higher premium since the insurance companies can spread out the costs and take from others? As long as all insurance companies do the same, do you have a choice (other than not buying any insurance)? :(

EBD
31-03-14, 11:01
looks like everybody going back to air quality again.......

whether true or not - it's not a uniquely held view of a few individuals on this board.

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-WOWOW-lakeville-1-3kpsf

ps - not my view that it's dangerous levels - but having lived at Jurong for 2 yrs the air can sometimes smell funky -either palm oil or chocolate factory.

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 00:00
Before talking about interior of house, I think the surrounding air is of equal importance. Think JLD fans are too consumed in the development in jurong without looking at fundamental aspects of living. To me no air quality means no quality of life.

looks like everybody going back to air quality again.......

whether true or not - it's not a uniquely held view of a few individuals on this board.

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-WOWOW-lakeville-1-3kpsf

ps - not my view that it's dangerous levels - but having lived at Jurong for 2 yrs the air can sometimes smell funky -either palm oil or chocolate factory.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 07:17
Before talking about interior of house, I think the surrounding air is of equal importance. Think JLD fans are too consumed in the development in jurong without looking at fundamental aspects of living. To me no air quality means no quality of life.

This is a very classic ALL FART NO SHIT statement by someone who is assuming that he is the only smart people in this world, while the thousands, if not million of people living, working, studying and invested in Jurong area are dumb. Honestly, if he is that smart, then he wont need to operate multiple forum accounts and he should be showing HARD FACTS about what he said instead of farting all day long.

Was surprise EBD didnt ask him not to FART SO MUCH. Perhaps they are FARTING buddies engaging in some farting competition

hopeful
01-04-14, 10:57

i agree about the surrounding air quality.
The couple who renovated their HDB flat like European musuem didnt notice that their surrounding air quality is HDB air quality. The HDB air quality would not increase their valuation of their European musuem by much.

The air quality in D1,D9,D10,D11 is of the rarefied kind. enjoyed only by a select few.

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 12:54
I am not saying those living in jurong are dumb, you said it yourself. I think if people know what kind of chemicals they are smelling in the air everyday in jurong, they will appreciate smelling fart more than those chemicals.

This is a very classic ALL FART NO SHIT statement by someone who is assuming that he is the only smart people in this world, while the thousands, if not million of people living, working, studying and invested in Jurong area are dumb. Honestly, if he is that smart, then he wont need to operate multiple forum accounts and he should be showing HARD FACTS about what he said instead of farting all day long.

Was surprise EBD didnt ask him not to FART SO MUCH. Perhaps they are FARTING buddies engaging in some farting competition

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 12:57
There is pollution everywhere in singapore as registered by psi. however, there are chemicals emitted into the air in places with heavy industry that are not registered in psi. People enjoy living in prime districts as these places are away from heavy industries you find in jurong.

i agree about the surrounding air quality.
The couple who renovated their HDB flat like European musuem didnt notice that their surrounding air quality is HDB air quality. The HDB air quality would not increase their valuation of their European musuem by much.

The air quality in D1,D9,D10,D11 is of the rarefied kind. enjoyed only by a select few.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 13:13
I am not saying those living in jurong are dumb, you said it yourself. I think if people know what kind of chemicals they are smelling in the air everyday in jurong, they will appreciate smelling fart more than those chemicals.

Chemical and air pollution are everywhere in Singapore, unless you can prove otherwise, it will be as good as farting without shit.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 13:23
There is pollution everywhere in singapore as registered by psi. however, there are chemicals emitted into the air in places with heavy industry that are not registered in psi. People enjoy living in prime districts as these places are away from heavy industries you find in jurong.

Unless you can provide facts that vehicular and maritime pollutions doesnt affect human health and that prime districts in Singapore are isolated from pollutions from Malaysia and industry in the west, else it will just be ALL FART NO SHIT.

Perhaps it might be more meaningful to talk about sour grapes instead because that is more relevant to this thread.

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 13:27
Does it take a genius to tell you that chemical pollution is more concentrated in places with chemical factories as opposed to places without chemical factories? As an anology, would you find more chicken shit in a chicken farm or in botanical gardens? Obviously you won't find chicken shit in botanical gardens in the first place as there aren't chickens there right? I think fart is more tolerable than petrochemical smell in jurong.

Chemical and air pollution are everywhere in Singapore, unless you can prove otherwise, it will be as good as farting without shit.

EBD
01-04-14, 13:32

Someone seems to have an ANAL fixation.
:moon::turd::moon::turd::moon::turd:
No bending over near you I guess.
Maybe this is why you fail to smell the foul odors that occasionally waft over jurong because your usual past time of obsessing on human anal expulsions seems to have damaged your sense of smell.

ps - you really shouldn't use phrases and expressions you don't understand. It makes you look a bit more dumb than you already do.

Example - talk about how great a certain investment is - but never dare buy it yourself. Do keep trying though - it's free entertainment.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 13:37
Does it take a genius to tell you that chemical pollution is more concentrated in places with chemical factories as opposed to places without chemical factories? As an anology, would you find more chicken shit in a chicken farm or in botanical gardens? Obviously you won't find chicken shit in botanical gardens in the first place as there aren't chickens there right? I think fart is more tolerable than petrochemical smell in jurong.

It doesnt take a genius to know who are the empty vessel in this forum, and only kids and idiots will like to talk about the same nonsensical subject over and over again while at the same time unable to provide any substantial FACTS to show that people living, working studying and growing up in the west will have shorter life expectancy than people living in other part of Singapore.

If you have no facts to support your point, then perhaps its better to just keep quiet because any idiots could also say that people living in central area will die younger due to the lack of space for recreation and air pollutions for congested roads etc.

Or people living along East Coast will die younger because they are constantly expose to maritime pollutions. (Have you not seen the hundreds of large shipping vessel along east coast?)

If you are no capable of putting your point across with FACTS, it will be better to just keep quiet.

FACTS doesnt mean telling us that my FART is smelling of course.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 13:39
Someone seems to have an ANAL fixation.
:moon::turd::moon::turd::moon::turd:
No bending over near you I guess.
Maybe this is why you fail to smell the foul odors that occasionally waft over jurong because your usual past time of obsessing on human anal expulsions seems to have damaged your sense of smell.

ps - you really shouldn't use phrases and expressions you don't understand. It makes you look a bit more dumb than you already do.

Example - talk about how great a certain investment is - but never dare buy it yourself. Do keep trying though - it's free entertainment.

I think you are trying too hard to impress in this forum lah.

The harder you try, the more amateur your sound.

Property 101?? :sleep:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18201&highlight=PRoperty+101&page=69

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 13:48
Do you agree that chemical pollution is more concentrated in places with chemical factories than those places without? Do you even need air quality experts to determine that? If you can't even agree on this, I question whether you even have simple common sense.

It doesnt take a genius to know who are the empty vessel in this forum, and only kids and idiots will like to talk about the same nonsensical subject over and over again while at the same time unable to provide any substantial FACTS to show that people living, working studying and growing up in the west will have shorter life expectancy than people living in other part of Singapore.

If you have no facts to support your point, then perhaps its better to just keep quiet because any idiots could also say that people living in central area will die younger due to the lack of space for recreation and air pollutions for congested roads etc.

Or people living along East Coast will die younger because they are constantly expose to maritime pollutions. (Have you not seen the hundreds of large shipping vessel along east coast?)

If you are no capable of putting your point across with FACTS, it will be better to just keep quiet.

FACTS doesnt mean telling us that my FART is smelling of course.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 14:03
Do you agree that chemical pollution is more concentrated in places with chemical factories than those places without? Do you even need air quality experts to determine that? If you can't even agree on this, I question whether you even have simple common sense.

Do you agree that there are various sources of air pollution that is harmful to health and beside pollution from chemical plant, there are also vehicular and maritime pollutions, and that nowhere in Singapore can isolate themselves from any kind of pollution be it factory from the west, or in Malaysia etc.

I am sure you will need to be an absolute idiot to disagree with that.

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 14:25
Vehicular pollution is a fixed constraint coz everywhere experiencing that. I was referring to pollutions that are above and beyond the usual pollution that everywhere experiencing. You have yet to answer whether chemical pollution in a place like jurong with numerous chemical factories will have a higher concentration of chemical air pollutants compared to other places with no chemical factories. Please don't bring the crap about pollution from ships coz nobody smells ship pollutants when they go to katong or siglap Centre. Petrochemical pollution can be smelt everywhere in jurong.

Do you agree that there are various sources of air pollution that is harmful to health and beside pollution from chemical plant, there are also vehicular and maritime pollutions, and that nowhere in Singapore can isolate themselves from any kind of pollution be it factory from the west, or in Malaysia etc.

I am sure you will need to be an absolute idiot to disagree with that.

hopeful
01-04-14, 14:35
actually jurong very big. are we referring to tuas also?

Ringo33
01-04-14, 14:39
Vehicular pollution is a fixed constraint coz everywhere experiencing that. I was referring to pollutions that are above and beyond the usual pollution that everywhere experiencing. You have yet to answer whether chemical pollution in a place like jurong with numerous chemical factories will have a higher concentration of chemical air pollutants compared to other places with no chemical factories. Please don't bring the crap about pollution from ships coz nobody smells ship pollutants when they go to katong or siglap Centre. Petrochemical pollution can be smelt everywhere in jurong.

I am not aware that vehicular pollution is the same everywhere in Singapore. Can you please help elaborate that and how did you come to that conclusion?

I bet you cant.

Patrickstar
01-04-14, 14:45
If you wish to factor in vehicular pollution then jurong has to be among the worse as well with the huge number of households owning cars there. On top of that, jurong also has the highest number of commercial vehicles travelling along the roads day in day out to n from factories. With jurong becoming another commercial hub even worse

I am not aware that vehicular pollution is the same everywhere in Singapore. Can you please help elaborate that and how did you come to that conclusion?

I bet you cant.

hopeful
01-04-14, 14:58
since people discriminate on jurong, can jurong residents vote for independence ala Crimea?
Jurong-ers have right to self determination.

lets see what jurong have.
akan datang 2nd biggest cbd.
Petrochemical industries.
other heavy industries.
etc....

if jurong, tuas declare independence, manufacturing output of singapore drop by like 60%??

does singstat breakdown GDP, manufacturing output by districts?

Ringo33
01-04-14, 15:12
All these talk about pollution are just side show to distract others from the main action.

Tell talk about air pollution to HK property investors and they will ask you fly airplane.

Ringo33
01-04-14, 20:12
Beware, the dragons are swimming in the lake now.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/20140330/jarow303e.jpg

SINGAPORE: Some 4,000 dragon boat and kayaking enthusiasts were at Jurong Lake over the weekend to take part in this year's PA PaddleFest.

It is a sign of things to come, as the venue could be hosting more water sports activities in the future.

Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who is also MP for Jurong GRC, was the guest-of-honour at the event.

There were a variety of races, including one for people with special needs and a competition that involved multi-generation families.

More events are being lined up, among them a smaller version of the PaddleFest which is slated for June this year.

Jurong Lake will be undergoing a makeover next year, as part of the URA master plan to turn the district into a business and leisure destination.

This means residents in the area can look forward to more water activities in the future.

Mr Desmond Lee, Minister of State for National Development and MP for Jurong GRC, said: "Jurong Lake will be undergoing renovations, we will be upgrading the lake. As part of that endeavour, we will move the PA Water Venture site to a more prominent location along the Jurong Lake waterfront, where there will be F&B and other facilities for residents, so that water sports can and will become part and parcel of residents' recreation and lifestyle in this area."

sunrise
01-04-14, 22:57
Beware, the dragons are swimming in the lake now.

Damm sua ku. Now space age already still showing such picture? Bo tham po standard.

sunrise
01-04-14, 23:09
Damm sua ku. Now space age already still showing such picture? Bo tham po standard.

I am sure more than half of the gateway owners regrets having you as their neighbors. Btw, Are you aiming for the chairman position?

eng81157
02-04-14, 08:12
GONG DAI!!!!! dragon boat event nia and some moron goes boasting about it.
in case you don't know, water activities happen on a daily basis in mc ritchie, east coast, kallang

with the new PSI calculations, straits times showed that PSI index in jurong shot up to moderate range, unlike the rest of the island, yesterday. want to boast about this unique occurence too?

Patrickstar
02-04-14, 10:44
He everyday see bangla n prc picking around the area of course a dragon boat event would be a welcomed breather. :D
in case you don't know, water activities happen on a daily basis in mc ritchie, east coast, kallang

with the new PSI calculations, straits times showed that PSI index in jurong shot up to moderate range, unlike the rest of the island, yesterday. want to boast about this unique occurence too?

EBD
02-04-14, 14:49
I am sure more than half of the gateway owners regrets having you as their neighbors. Btw, Are you aiming for the chairman position?

I'm sure they'll be furious when they realise he intends to help turn it into a slum

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20122&highlight=rent

----------------------------------------------------------
Senior

Default How do you rent out rooms in condo?
Anyone here have got experience renting out condo rooms separately to tenants?

a) Do you need to have separate TA for each room?
b) How do you manage utility bills?
c) Is there a limit to how many occupants you can have per room and per unit?

*Trolls need not reply - but I am sure you will because if one is born troll will always be troll*

EBD
02-04-14, 15:03

Could be lucky the bottom of their boats not corroded away.
I remember seeing this in person as I was staying Jurong at the time.
The lake of the upstream longkang full of dead fish that day. Surely due to an upstream factory dumping something nasty into the water supply killing the fish.

Maybe should start screaming "BEWARE" in great big font endlessly like some other idiot does all day - but that would seem a bit immature.

http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.jp/2008/10/hundreds-of-fish-dead-at-jurong-lake.html

"Hundreds of fish dead at Jurong Lake
Killed by 'hot weather'?
Hundreds of fish dead at Jurong Lake, but oxygen levels at normal level
IT is a mystery that left one 'fish lover' curious.
Zaihan Mohamed Yusof, The New Paper 13 Oct 08"

xebay11
02-04-14, 16:11
The lake of the upstream longkang full of dead fish that day. Surely due to an upstream factory dumping something nasty into the water supply killing the fish.

Not siding with R33, but this is a very strong allegation, you have any evidence? I am sure the NEA would be very interested in your statement.

hyenergix
02-04-14, 18:29

Maybe should start screaming "BEWARE" in great big font endlessly like some other idiot does all day - but that would seem a bit immature.

http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.jp/2008/10/hundreds-of-fish-dead-at-jurong-lake.html

Killed by 'hot weather'?

Could be just algae bloom which released toxins.

Ringo33
02-04-14, 18:38
Dead fish are everywhere in Singapore. Just do a search and you will know.

When one runs out of idea, they start talking about dead fish???

This is pathetic. Guess no different to talking about property 101.

Patrickstar
02-04-14, 20:42
Pollution in rivers, lakes, canals or drains from nearby factories is something kids already learn in school under the topic of environment. I am not surprised with your finding but some naive JLD supporter refuse to accept the inevitable consequences of living in factory town.

Killed by 'hot weather'?

Allthepies
02-04-14, 20:50
Thousands singing the same tune doesn't mean they are right....

Admitting one's mistake is the most courageous....

Let's all have peace and prosperity!

Ringo33
03-04-14, 01:09
When you see forummers start talking about dead fish pollutions and feng shui earth quake you need to beware

Ringo33
03-04-14, 02:20

as usual, people without substance will only focus on the dragon boat. while those who are knowledgeable will focus on who make the statement and what they are going to do to transform the JLD.

I guess thats what separate the wannabe who are desperately trying to be part of the in crowd from those who are already in it for long time

teddybear
03-04-14, 07:47
People without substance will continue to deny that the heavy industries in Jurong are producing chemicals into the air that is BAD for health for anybody living nearby and will NOT be captured by PSI measure.

They can even say PSI in the West and Jurong is lowest in Singapore and hence the air quality is the best, oblivious to the fact that there is something wrong with the PSI measure if you look at the facts we know, and the fact that PSI don't capture the harmful effects of all the chemicals and gases produced by the heavy industries there................... :doh:

People who are knowledge will know that Ringo cannot be trusted because of his lies, his flip-flops, his twists and turns.................... :scared-1:

as usual, people without substance will only focus on the dragon boat. while those who are knowledgeable will focus on who make the statement and what they are going to do to transform the JLD.

I guess thats what separate the wannabe who are desperately trying to be part of the in crowd from those who are already in it for long time

sunrise
03-04-14, 07:58
People without substance will continue to deny that the heavy industries in Jurong are producing chemicals into the air that is BAD for health for anybody living nearby and will NOT be captured by PSI measure.

They can even say PSI in the West and Jurong is lowest in Singapore and hence the air quality is the best, oblivious to the fact that there is something wrong with the PSI measure if you look at the facts we know, and the fact that PSI don't capture the harmful effects of all the chemicals and gases produced by the heavy industries there................... :doh:

People who are knowledge will know that Ringo cannot be trusted because of his lies, his flip-flops, his twists and turns.................... :scared-1: he is just a small player trying to talk big here. Lucky i not living next to him.

Ringo33
03-04-14, 08:01

People who are knowledge will know that Ringo cannot be trusted because of his lies, his flip-flops, his twists and turns.................... :scared-1:

When you see forummers start talking about dead fish pollutions and feng shui earth quake in property forum, you need to beware..

Especially coming from people who bought the wrong side of CCR.

eng81157
03-04-14, 08:39
When you see forummers start talking about dead fish pollutions and feng shui earth quake in property forum, you need to beware..

Especially coming from people who bought the wrong side of CCR.

when you see morons talking about blue fin tuna like it's holy water and out-of-the-world-non-existent solar mangrove plants, beware

especially coming from morons who bought the wrong project in jurong

Patrickstar
03-04-14, 13:23
6xxsqft unit at J gateway trying to sell at almost the same price as 6xxsqft unit at the sail. Beware....don't turn into a tua cai tao. :D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15517181/for-sale-j-gateway

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/16274864/for-sale-the-sail-marina-bay

Luke65
03-04-14, 13:33
actually there are also units at the sail going for $1700 psf, 5th floor at about 1100sq ft, 2 bedroom. South facing. Layout not good.

But let's continue to upkeep the prices at JDL, it will help to stabilise the properties prices at other areas. Not vested at JDL, nor need to know what's the TA required for multiple tenants in a single unit.

Patrickstar
03-04-14, 13:45
Bigger size at the sail for lower psf can understand, but similar size unit going for same price in jurong n marina? Seriously only a carrothead will pay close to $1.4 million for a 6xxsqft unit at j gateway.

actually there are also units at the sail going for $1700 psf, 5th floor at about 1100sq ft, 2 bedroom. South facing. Layout not good.

But let's continue to upkeep the prices at JDL, it will help to stabilise the properties prices at other areas. Not vested at JDL, nor need to know what's the TA required for multiple tenants in a single unit.

Ringo33
03-04-14, 14:02
The potential of JLD must be so damn great to attract so many trolls in this thread.

When forummers starts comparing Apple with Durian, you need to BEWARE.

Especially those who cant even quantify simple numbers

Ringo33
03-04-14, 14:06
I really feel very sorry for those who have to sign up a new account to pretend like they are no someone who talk alot of jiao wei in this forum.

$1700psf J gateway (LH99)
$2500psf Echelon (LH99)
$3000psf Clermont (LH99)
$3500psf Marina Suite (LH99)
$3500psf The Sail (LH99)
$4400psf Marina Bay Residence (LH99)

Perhaps you should feel pity for those who bought in those other project too...

:D

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

sunrise
03-04-14, 14:13
Bigger size at the sail for lower psf can understand, but similar size unit going for same price in jurong n marina? Seriously only a carrothead will pay close to $1.4 million for a 6xxsqft unit at j gateway.

Gateway got no scenery, surrounded by HDB's. can see a lot of olden days water tank, fumes from near distances.
house viewing will tell whether it worth 1.4mil or below 1 mil.

EBD
03-04-14, 14:16
Not siding with R33, but this is a very strong allegation, you have any evidence? I am sure the NEA would be very interested in your statement.

The thing about corroding away the bottom of the boat was a joke. Sorry if not obviously clear that the organisers of the event wouldn't allow an event on a toxic lake.

The fish however was real. Today reported on it. The longkang was literally filled with dead fish floating on the water.
Oxygen levels normal yet pretty much all the fish wiped out in 1 day.
Unlikely to be disease to do that simultaneously.
Don't need to be Erin Brockovich to take a guess who has the capability to pollute on that scale in that area.

NEA were the ones investigating it - if you are interested in what they found out give them a call. I can't find any follow up from them on the cause.

EBD
03-04-14, 14:22
Dead fish are everywhere in Singapore. Just do a search and you will know.

When one runs out of idea, they start talking about dead fish???

This is pathetic. Guess no different to talking about property 101.

I think you need to read the link I provided - it was not one or 2.
Whole damn river and lake covered in dead fish.

If you think that is normal and natural - good luck to you.

Maybe you should learn to find out what people are talking about before you start typing. May make you look less stupid.

Dead fish everywhere in Singapore indeed........ one here, one there now equivalent of ten's of thousands simultaneously dying in one afternoon.:doh:

Ringo33
03-04-14, 14:33
I think you need to read the link I provided - it was not one or 2.
Whole damn river and lake covered in dead fish.

If you think that is normal and natural - good luck to you.

Maybe you should learn to find out what people are talking about before you start typing. May make you look less stupid.

Dead fish everywhere in Singapore indeed........ one here, one there now equivalent of ten's of thousands simultaneously dying in one afternoon.:doh:

When people starts talking about dead fish in property forum that mean something big is going to happen

Patrickstar
03-04-14, 14:34
People are not talking about potential of JLD, they are just amazed that a crow is trying to be a swan.

The potential of JLD must be so damn great to attract so many trolls in this thread.

When forummers starts comparing Apple with Durian, you need to BEWARE.

Especially those who cant even quantify simple numbers

EBD
03-04-14, 14:38
he is just a small player trying to talk big here. Lucky i not living next to him.

You can't live next to him even if you wanted to.
JGateway not finished yet & he's not going to live there himself as he wants to turn his unit into a slum
http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20122&highlight=rent

And the HDB he is living in PT 3)http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=413540&postcount=67
neighbouring unit is already filled with Japanese people....... apparently.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=453055#post453055

too much fun, too much fun......

EBD
03-04-14, 14:43
When people starts talking about dead fish in property forum that mean something big is going to happen

As usual - make an ass out of yourself by never reading things properly then do your best to divert attention away from it.

Dragon boating relevant to property forum, mass pollution of same lake not.

How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance? It's quite incredible!

EBD
03-04-14, 14:47
Could be just algae bloom which released toxins.

As I saw it - no algae visible. A bloom would be quite easy to see from 10 feet away, quite easy to smell & would have sucked out oxygen but the NEA stated oxygen levels were normal.

Must be something else.

Apply Occams razor......

hopeful
03-04-14, 14:49
eeeeek, i dont want to stay in pasir ris.
go mass fish die off.

2009 dec
http://wildshores.blogspot.com/2009/12/why-are-there-so-many-dead-fish-on.html

2014 feb
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/pasir-ris-mass-fish-deaths-may-lead-over-1-million-loss-farmers-201402

stay near changi airport so dangerous, twice have mass fish die off :scared-3:

Patrickstar
03-04-14, 14:56
The seller will probably hear something like that from the house hunter: "if I can live in marina for that price, why live in jurong?" :D

Gateway got no scenery, surrounded by HDB's. can see a lot of olden days water tank, fumes from near distances.
house viewing will tell whether it worth 1.4mil or below 1 mil.

eng81157
03-04-14, 15:38
eeeeek, i dont want to stay in pasir ris.
go mass fish die off.

2009 dec
http://wildshores.blogspot.com/2009/12/why-are-there-so-many-dead-fish-on.html

2014 feb
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/pasir-ris-mass-fish-deaths-may-lead-over-1-million-loss-farmers-201402

stay near changi airport so dangerous, twice have mass fish die off :scared-3:

dude, that's in the sea. unless you are living as a mermaid in a kelong along those waters, there isn't anything to be afraid of.

hopeful
03-04-14, 15:49
dude, that's in the sea. unless you are living as a mermaid in a kelong along those waters, there isn't anything to be afraid of.

jurong pond so small, doesnt take much to kill the fishes.
the sea so huge and have so much dilution effect, and yet the toxins can buildup to toxic levels until can kill the fishes :eek:

somebody toss a can of liquid baygon into jurong pond sure kill can kill fishes,no problem. (that's what disgruntled neighbour will do to your prawn farm).
toss same can into the sea sure have no effect. must be barrels of baygon then fishes start dying.

Ringo33
03-04-14, 15:50
when forummers start talking about dead fish in property forum its sure sign that people have run out of ideas to talk down JLD.

**shake head**

hopeful
03-04-14, 15:54

the more i think of it, i think it is the aeroplanes causing the problems :)
when airplanes take off and land, they fly at an angle.
the exhaust is pointing downwards towards land and sea. some of superhot pollutants gases get dissolved in the sea, building up until kill fishes.
some get blown towards the land, and breathe in by people :scared-4:

eng81157
03-04-14, 16:42
the more i think of it, i think it is the aeroplanes causing the problems :)
when airplanes take off and land, they fly at an angle.
the exhaust is pointing downwards towards land and sea. some of superhot pollutants gases get dissolved in the sea, building up until kill fishes.
some get blown towards the land, and breathe in by people :scared-4:

nope, the science & reality does not support your suggestion. firstly, heat dissipates really quickly, especially when you are talking about gases. gases are exactly known to be good heat conductors. secondly, jet fuel exhaust aren't exactly mentioned in the same breathe as ricin or cyanide. thirdly, gases do not really dissolve well with water bodies in the above method. that's why our dads use pumps to aerate their fish tanks. lastly, gaseous plumes diffuse over distance; hint: safety distance of airport from housing population

eng81157
03-04-14, 16:47
jurong pond so small, doesnt take much to kill the fishes.
the sea so huge and have so much dilution effect, and yet the toxins can buildup to toxic levels until can kill the fishes :eek:

somebody toss a can of liquid baygon into jurong pond sure kill can kill fishes,no problem. (that's what disgruntled neighbour will do to your prawn farm).
toss same can into the sea sure have no effect. must be barrels of baygon then fishes start dying.

the death is actually due to a lack of oxygen rather than toxins

hopeful
03-04-14, 17:23
nope, the science & reality does not support your suggestion. firstly, heat dissipates really quickly, especially when you are talking about gases. gases are exactly known to be good heat conductors. secondly, jet fuel exhaust aren't exactly mentioned in the same breathe as ricin or cyanide. thirdly, gases do not really dissolve well with water bodies in the above method. that's why our dads use pumps to aerate their fish tanks. lastly, gaseous plumes diffuse over distance; hint: safety distance of airport from housing population

what you say is true about gases are true. that's why fish death in pasir ris only occurs every few years and not everyday :)

safety distance of airport is for flight safety, and not health of people.
that's why maximum height of building is 280m (exception made for TP180).

chestnut
03-04-14, 17:42
the death is actually due to a lack of oxygen rather than toxins

yup

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/hundreds-dead-fish-found-bishan-ang-mo-kio-park-river-20140205

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/tonnes-of-dead-fish-spotted-at-lim-chu-kang--sungei-buloh--due-to-lack-of-oxygen-in-waters-023156803.html

hopeful
03-04-14, 17:59
fish deaths in other areas due to low oxygen level.
yet fish death in the Jurong lake is due to some company pouring chemical upstream? :beats-me-man:

EBD
03-04-14, 18:04
yet fish death in the Jurong lake is due to some company pouring chemical upstream? :beats-me-man:

Hard to be sure - but the report says oxygen level was normal in the lake that day. That's not a guess - it was a measured. So then what can cause it?

Ringo33
03-04-14, 18:09
When you start to see forummers talking about dead fish in property forum you will need to beware..!! :D

DEAD FISH 101???

hopeful
03-04-14, 19:07
Hard to be sure - but the report says oxygen level was normal in the lake that day. That's not a guess - it was a measured. So then what can cause it?

oxygen level is not stable. it goes up and down over the course of the day.
at night, water plants consume oxygen in the lake causing fish to die.
in the day time, water plants produce oxygen again.

eng81157
04-04-14, 08:31
what you say is true about gases are true. that's why fish death in pasir ris only occurs every few years and not everyday :)

safety distance of airport is for flight safety, and not health of people.
that's why maximum height of building is 280m (exception made for TP180).

the distance is for people - noise and pollution.

eng81157
04-04-14, 08:35

we are looking at two different types of water bodies. algae bloom may happen in lakes too, but the cause is typically due to presence of nitrates - i.e. chemical pollution. whereas in the sea, the cause is entirely different due to the perpetual movement of currents that tend to dissipate chemicals quickly, unless the scale of contamination is humongous - e.g. oil spill or ship crash

eng81157
04-04-14, 08:37
When you start to see forummers talking about dead fish in property forum you will need to beware..!! :D

DEAD FISH 101???

when you start to see morons talking about non-existent solar mangrove and treating blue fin tuna like olympic gold, beware

Ringo33
04-04-14, 09:46
when you start to see morons talking about non-existent solar mangrove and treating blue fin tuna like olympic gold, beware

actually you are the only one in this forum talking about it..:D

eng81157
04-04-14, 09:58
actually you are the only one in this forum talking about it..:D

me?! wow, u certainly are schizophrenic. there's only one moron boasting about crap in here

Patrickstar
04-04-14, 12:29
For that clown to treat solar mangrove as a selling point for JLD, he must really be desperate. :D

eng81157
04-04-14, 13:33
For that clown to treat solar mangrove as a selling point for JLD, he must really be desperate. :D

in the first place, that isn't such a plant species called solar mangrove - just a fancy name for solar panels

Rysk
04-04-14, 16:44
http://business.asiaone.com/news/chemical-slowdown-not-jurong-island
Chemical slowdown? Not on Jurong Island

Actually I wasn't too aware and doesn't really bother too much till today I spoken to a friend of mine who's a environmentalist..

He told me from now try to not to stay too near to Jurong Island. He didn't elaborate too much but seems that he's hiding something (actually kind of like our gov is hiding something from us)..
Thereafter I just try to google search to find out more (above)

Sorry & no offence especially for those staying close to Jurong Island..
I suddenly come into this thread is not to tok-kok one

Ringo33
04-04-14, 16:47
http://business.asiaone.com/news/chemical-slowdown-not-jurong-island
Chemical slowdown? Not on Jurong Island

Actually I wasn't too aware and doesn't really bother too much till today I spoken to a friend of mine who's a environmentalist..

He told me from now try to not to stay too near to Jurong Island. He didn't elaborate too much but seems that he's hiding something (actually kind of like our gov is hiding something from us)

Sorry & no offence especially for those staying close to Jurong Island..
I suddenly come into this thread is not to tok-kok one

disappear for 3 weeks and instantly jump into this thread?

Are you for real or what? what so great about the west that demand so much of your attention?

Rysk
04-04-14, 16:50
disappear for 3 weeks and instantly jump into this thread?

Are you for real or what? what so great about the west that demand so much of your attention?

Sorry bro, I'm not here to ka-chao your thread.. I'm serious here.. really need to BEWARE!! Is true..

Rysk
04-04-14, 17:03
I tried google search to find out more but not much info I can find..

Does anyone knows what chemical companies (link to our gov) just started operating in Jurong Island this year?
What are the upcoming new chemical companies in Jurong Island?
What are they producing/manufacturing?

Heard from my fren said is poisonous & will be release out into the air but do not wish to elaborate further.. instead ask me go find out myself.. KNN :scared-5:

Patrickstar
04-04-14, 17:09
A few forumers including myself brought that up n the clown said we we just making noise. Psi does not cover many of poisonous gases emitted into the air from chemical factories so everyone. .......BEWARE!!!!!!!

Does anyone knows what chemical companies (link to our gov) just started operating in Jurong Island this year?

Heard from my fren said is poisonous & will be release out into the air but do not wish to elaborate further.. instead ask me go find out myself.. KNN :scared-5:

sunrise
04-04-14, 17:11
Time to dump. At cost.

Rysk
04-04-14, 17:17

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1463810/shenzhen-becomes-third-city-join-protests-over-maoming-chemical-plant
Shenzhen becomes third city to join protests over Maoming chemical plant

Can anyone confirm whether any chemical company operating paraxylene (PX) plant in our Jurong Island?
Worse is link to our gov..

Anyone??

economist
04-04-14, 17:23
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1463810/shenzhen-becomes-third-city-join-protests-over-maoming-chemical-plant
Shenzhen becomes third city to join protests over Maoming chemical plant

Can anyone confirm whether any chemical company operating paraxylene (PX) plant in our Jurong Island?
Worse is link to our gov..

Anyone??

There are PX plants in Jurong Island, but not to worry, in many places around the world, they are located close to residential areas, e.g. in Yokohama, it's just 1 highway in between. PX is considered as the same grade as coffee, in terms of potential damage to human body, and PX is less toxic than salt.

People protest, because they don't have the knowledge.

Rysk
04-04-14, 17:26
There are PX plants in Jurong Island, but not to worry, in many places around the world, they are located close to residential areas, e.g. in Yokohama, it's just 1 highway in between. PX is considered as the same grade as coffee, in terms of potential damage to human body, and PX is less toxic than salt.

People protest, because they don't have the knowledge.

Told my fren.. He said long term is bad for health.. and ask me go find out more.. And other kind of chemical from other chemical companies or what??

Looks like he's hiding something..

economist
04-04-14, 17:34
Told my fren.. He said long term is bad for health.. and ask me go find out more.. And other kind of chemical from other chemical companies or what??

Looks like he's hiding something..

In Houston, it is just 1.2km from residential area. Unless your friend is saying both US govt and Japanese govt are hiding something...

Anyway, spreading the unfounded fear isn't good for anyone who has an interest in Singapore, be it property or jobs. The entire Singapore is so small.

Ringo33
04-04-14, 18:21
When trolls with elementary educations starts talking like a cut and paste expert in dead fish, air pollutions etc etc you need to BEWARE..

No different from HDB void deck San Gu Liu Poh talking about their neighbors new car, new girl friend, new dog, new job bla bla bla.

When grapes are out of reach, its natural that people will say its sour, thats a painful fact of life. Some might go as far as creating multiple forum account to talk among "themselves" to create the false impression that they are many fools that think alike.

So BEWARE!!

Rysk
04-04-14, 18:52
In Houston, it is just 1.2km from residential area. Unless your friend is saying both US govt and Japanese govt are hiding something...

Anyway, spreading the unfounded fear isn't good for anyone who has an interest in Singapore, be it property or jobs. The entire Singapore is so small.

Thanks for info..
Did anyone really look into.. What other harmful gases coming out from these chemical plants in Jurong Island? Now & in the near future..
And what are the side effect in the long term?

teddybear
04-04-14, 18:56
Yes 1.2km but that was in the past when there was not enough studies done. Now even US environmental studies is sounding alarm!
Now, the distance is supposed to be at least 8-10 km to be safe based on Northern Europe research studies. ..................

Ringo33
04-04-14, 18:58
Yes 1.2km but that was in the past when there was not enough studies done. Now even US environmental studies is sounding alarm!
Now, the distance is supposed to be at least 8-10 km to be safe based on Northern Europe research studies. ..................

Teddy go start a thread on pollution please.

Rysk
04-04-14, 19:09

My fren told me at least 10-km... So is quite correct...

hopeful
04-04-14, 20:01
My fren told me at least 10-km... So is quite correct...

wah, 10 km from Jurong island, 10 km from Pasir Gudang, Johor, what part of singapore is left uncovered?

hopeful
04-04-14, 20:03

us environmental studies also show fracking is safe

lajia
04-04-14, 20:04
Hahaha.....that's a good one...

wah, 10 km from Jurong island, 10 km from Pasir Gudang, Johor, what part of singapore is left uncovered?

heehee
04-04-14, 22:12
Isn't true that fracking is safe as long as you are not living in the vicinity of fracking?

us environmental studies also show fracking is safe

xebay11
05-04-14, 06:50

Exactly right, that is what I said since the longest distance East and West of Singapore is practically slightly more than a marathon run only.

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 09:25
Jurong or Tampines has a higher concentration of petrochemical air pollutants from jurong island?

Does Tampines even have any?

Exactly right, that is what I said since the longest distance East and West of Singapore is practically slightly more than a marathon run only.

Ringo33
05-04-14, 09:31
Jurong or Tampines has a higher concentration of petrochemical air pollutants from jurong island?

Does Tampines even have any?

when you see forummers with elementary education and like smelling fart starts talking about air pollution then you better BEWARE.

Obviously he doesnt know anything like transboundary pollution....

Is this some kind of Self Pwned Saturday or what? :doh:

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 10:00
Talk about petrochemical pollution emitted by jurong Island you talk about transboundary air pollution, think you are really desperate here. In that case jurong must be the worst place to live, with both transboundary pollution and pollution within jurong itself.

For someone like you that can't even smell shit, I don't think you even know what air pollution is.

when you see forummers with elementary education and like smelling fart starts talking about air pollution then you better BEWARE.

Obviously he doesnt know anything like transboundary pollution....

Is this some kind of Self Pwned Saturday or what? :doh:

Ringo33
05-04-14, 10:11
Talk about petrochemical pollution emitted by jurong Island you talk about transboundary air pollution, think you are really desperate here. In that case jurong must be the worst place to live, with both transboundary pollution and pollution within jurong itself.

For someone like you that can't even smell shit, I don't think you even know what air pollution is.

Obviously this I-love-fart forummer doesn't know about the petrol chemical plant in malaysia.

Perhaps smell too much farts.

Told you liao if you see people with elementary education start talking about pollution in property forum you need to beware.

Crusader
05-04-14, 10:56
Obviously this I-love-fart forummer doesn't know about the petrol chemical plant in malaysia.

Told you liao if you see people with elementary education start talking about pollution in property forum you need to beware.

We all know very well you been farting since day one when you join this forum.

Always KBKB here and there. No balls hiding behind computer acting like a sissy

We pity your mother father and your wife and kids for having such a useless, coward, cynic and stubborn man.

Owner of this forum is also a joke. Maybe this forum need some kind of entertainment from you Ringo33 to keep this boring ghost town forum alive

:rolleyes:

King of the clown Ringo33 ...Congrats to you :cheers1:

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 11:13
Very soon the clown and idiot is going to say I am you...lol

We pity your mother father and your wife and kids for having such a useless, coward, cynic and stubborn man.

Owner of this forum is also a joke. Maybe this forum need some kind of entertainment from you Ringo33 to keep this boring ghost town forum alive

Ringo33
05-04-14, 11:16

I am so sorry you got banned. Better behave yourself and don't set up so many keyboard warriors in this forum

Crusader
05-04-14, 11:22
Very soon the clown and idiot is going to say I am you...lol

Responding to a idiot and it makes you an idiot too...lol :D

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 12:11
I think we all know who is the fart lover in this forum. You had constantly commented that many forumers are all fart and no shit, so obviously you have been smelling our fart all these while...lmao

Living in a place like jurong with air worse than fart, we can understand your obsession with fart :D

Enjoy your fart Saturday :D

Ringo33
05-04-14, 12:33
I think we all know who is the fart lover in this forum. You had constantly commented that many forumers are all fart and no shit, so obviously you have been smelling our fart all these while...lmao

Living in a place like jurong with air worse than fart, we can understand your obsession with fart :D

Enjoy your fart Saturday :D

I can see that you are switching from petrol chemical talk to fart.

As usual, trolls will never stop shitting and farting in this forum.

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 13:09
I think it is more like you are in denial not that anyone has switched the topic. You refuse to accept that the air in jurong is heavily polluted by petrochemical fumes even when the petrochemical plant in jurong, aren't you obviously in denial? The focus is on air pollution in jurong caused by jurong island not transboundary pollution, so don't show us you are desperate.

Enjoy your fart saturday :D

I can see that you are switching from petrol chemical talk to fart.

As usual, trolls will never stop shitting and farting in this forum.

hopeful
05-04-14, 13:21
I think it is more like you are in denial not that anyone has switched the topic. You refuse to accept that the air in jurong is heavily polluted by petrochemical fumes even when the petrochemical plant in jurong, aren't you obviously in denial? The focus is on air pollution in jurong caused by jurong island not transboundary pollution, so don't show us you are desperate.

can i use a vacuum cleaner to suck the petrochemical fumes, then use it for cooking?

where does the pollution from jurong island stop?
does air pollution from jurong island stop at the electoral ward lines?

Ringo33
05-04-14, 13:26

Obviously you are not aware that the air quality in the north east region are polluted by the petrol chemical plant in pasir gudang and now that you know, you are now switching to talking about FART, which is something you personally claim is better than the quality of air in Jurong.

While we know that air quality of jurong is comparable to the rest of Singapore (according to NEA, so there is no need to dispute), which means to say that you would prefer to smell fart than the air around us in Singapore.

Before you try to dispute what I said, can you tell us did you say that FART smells better than the air in Jurong?

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471235&postcount=19

And can we assume that before you made that statement you must have smell thousand of fart to conclude that is better than air in Jurong?

Actually fart smells nicer than the air in jurong.

Photogguy
05-04-14, 13:26
can i use a vacuum cleaner to suck the petrochemical fumes, then use it for cooking?

where does the pollution from jurong island stop?
does air pollution from jurong island stop at the electoral ward lines?

I t stops where the farting ones populate.......on this little BIG island state.

hopeful
05-04-14, 13:38
I t stops where the farting ones populate.......on this little BIG island state.

??????????
everybody farts

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 14:31
The issue is whether air quality in jurong affected by petrochemical factory in jurong which is domestic pollution and you talk about irrelevant stuff like transboundary pollution from pasir gudang n the other end of singapore, You must be really desperate. Just admit that the air quality in jurong sucks and tainted with chemical pollutants from domestic pollution don't need to drag in transboundary pollution to make jurong look good.

To answer your question on fart and air quality in jurong, let me ask you one question, between a plate of cow dung and fried rice, which one will you eat and explain why? Answer this question then I will answer your question about fart and air quality in jurong.

Obviously you are not aware that the air quality in the north east region are polluted by the petrol chemical plant in pasir gudang and now that you know, you are now switching to talking about FART, which is something you personally claim is better than the quality of air in Jurong.

While we know that air quality of jurong is comparable to the rest of Singapore (according to NEA, so there is no need to dispute), which means to say that you would prefer to smell fart than the air around us in Singapore.

Before you try to dispute what I said, can you tell us did you say that FART smells better than the air in Jurong?

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471235&postcount=19

And can we assume that before you made that statement you must have smell thousand of fart to conclude that is better than air in Jurong?

Simi
05-04-14, 14:39
The issue is whether air quality in jurong affected by petrochemical factory in jurong which is domestic pollution and you talk about irrelevant stuff like transboundary pollution from pasir gudang n the other end of singapore, You must be really desperate. Just admit that the air quality in jurong sucks and tainted with chemical pollutants from domestic pollution don't need to drag in transboundary pollution to make jurong look good.

To answer your question on fart and air quality in jurong, let me ask you one question, between a plate of cow dung and fried rice, which one will you eat and explain why? Answer this question then I will answer your question about fart and air quality in jurong.

Your todays posting confirm my belief of who you are

your previous posting of piano and cow reinforced
today lei = 100%

hopeful
05-04-14, 14:42

huh, pollution is same everywhere, why focus only jurong.

can you go Watertown thread and start the air pollution in Punggol is bad so that you appear more balance? for example, like posting only carrotheads buy WT because they are mentally unsound.

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 15:22
You know the difference between domestic and transboundary air pollution? The issue here is very simple, do you agree that domestically, jurong air has the highest concentration of petrochemical pollutants because the oil refinery in jurong? I will talk about what our govt can control not what cannot be controlled like the haze from indonesia.

huh, pollution is same everywhere, why focus only jurong.

can you go Watertown thread and start the air pollution in Punggol is bad so that you appear more balance? for example, like posting only carrotheads buy WT because they are mentally unsound.

dudick
05-04-14, 15:23
First time hear pollution got transboundery. So u mean pollution have to pass through custom in order to come here?

Patrickstar
05-04-14, 15:24
Sorry, you should be asking ringo33 coz he brought that up :D

First time hear pollution got transboundery. So u mean pollution have to pass through custom in order to come here?

hopeful
05-04-14, 15:33

yes, need passport to enter.
locally produced pollution can move freely within singapore.

pollution produced outside singapore, ie from pasir gudang has no passport, hence cannot clear customs and immigration, hence the air in north-east singapore is very safe.

also local transboundary also means that pollution stops at jurong. surrounding areas like clementi, buona vista is also very safe.

Photogguy
05-04-14, 15:51
??????????
everybody farts

...not everyone farts from the mouth like one big star on the forum....its trans-threads now on this forum.....this farting.....the only stopping it from going on to other forums is he needs passwords to go across forum I guess.

Ringo33
05-04-14, 16:50
As I was saying, this is the place you want to put your money...when Dulwich College is up end of the year, more expats will move near JLD.

This is all part of the government grand plan to turn JLD into the largest commercial hub outside CBD.

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/7204/fxgt.jpg

teddybear
05-04-14, 19:56
Wah! If anybody can buy Queenstown at $1300 psf, who in their right sense of mind want to pay $1300 psf for Jurong heavy industry town? :banghead:

And, to rub salt into wound, J Gateway average price was $1480 psf, while LakeVille average price is only $1300 psf! :eek:

As I was saying, this is the place you want to put your money...when Dulwich College is up end of the year, more expats will move near JLD.

This is all part of the government grand plan to turn JLD into the largest commercial hub outside CBD.

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/7204/fxgt.jpg

Ringo33
05-04-14, 20:47
Wah! If anybody can buy Queenstown at $1300 psf, who in their right sense of mind want to pay $1300 psf for Jurong heavy industry town? :banghead:

And, to rub salt into wound, J Gateway average price was $1480 psf, while LakeVille average price is only $1300 psf! :eek:

Correct me if I am wrong.

a) CDL's Commonwealth project has not even launched yet, what the property analyst said in that article is just suggesting that developer "COULD" price it at $1300-$1400psf to sell if they desperate enough

b) The record psf for Echelon by same developer CDL last year was $2474psf

So based on your experience and knowledge in Singapore property market do you think that CDL is desperate to launch this commonwealth project at $1300psf average price?

As if indeed they do, dont you think that the worst hit are those who bought Echelon and not J Gateway because J Gateway is targeting at a different captive market to those property located at around RCR?

Rysk
06-04-14, 09:43
yes, need passport to enter.
locally produced pollution can move freely within singapore.

pollution produced outside singapore, ie from pasir gudang has no passport, hence cannot clear customs and immigration, hence the air in north-east singapore is very safe.

also local transboundary also means that pollution stops at jurong. surrounding areas like clementi, buona vista is also very safe.

If the pollution just confined to Jurong.. Think still ok

My fren told me.. from the past those who stayed Jurong is ok but not now when recent years the number of chemical plants keep increasing over at Jurong island

He didn't wish to elaborate further.. But instead ask me if possible try not to live in Jurong area:banghead:

Allthepies
06-04-14, 09:55
If CDL MM at queenstown launched at 1400psf, pls tell me, I buy buy buy even if have to beg for funds : )

Everyone should buy too : )

And quickly sell off CityDev shares if this happens : )

CondoWE
06-04-14, 10:33
If the pollution just confined to Jurong.. Think still ok

My fren told me.. from the past those who stayed Jurong is ok but not now when recent years the number of chemical plants keep increasing over at Jurong island

He didn't wish to elaborate further.. But instead ask me if possible try not to live in Jurong area:banghead:

I stay and working here for donkey years without any health problem so why hearsay from other/fren comment that might not be absolute unless you have stay here before :rolleyes:?

CondoWE
06-04-14, 10:50

Queenstown@ 1300 psf? Which pc? Am looking for MM/1br/2br there :jump-for-joy: !

Rysk
06-04-14, 10:56
I stay and working here for donkey years without any health problem so why hearsay from other/fren comment that might not be absolute unless you have stay here before :rolleyes:?

I used to stay Jurong area for over 20 years.. Had moved out since 7 years ago
This long time fren of mine who is environmentalist.. Told me from now is wise to move out of Jurong area.. He is saying "from now"
I had never heard him saying that when I was staying in Jurong area the last time

Ringo33
06-04-14, 11:12
This long time fren of mine who is environmentalist.. Told me from now is wise to move out of Jurong area.. He is saying "from now"
I had never heard him saying that when I was staying in Jurong area the last time

Perhaps that explain why you are so sour about the dvelopment in jurong. Seven years ago was 2007 one year before jld master plan was announced. Over the short seven year prices has pretty much doubled.

What also curious me is your sudden interest in this thread actually.

Perhaps someone needs to fill the void when someone left huh.

CondoWE
06-04-14, 11:20

haha, Me 30 yrs, still staying here despite having few properties elsewhere other than the West...:rolleyes:!

lajia
06-04-14, 11:59
Hahaha, friend, I give u another hearsay....one of my friend told me recently that he is advising his friends not to stay in the east....u know why?

The landing and taking off of airplane emits 10 times more pollutants than the chemical plants in Jurong. Sg got strict rules, those plants in Jurong island employ very advance filtration systems....imagine how low the airplane is flying above tanah merah, pasir ris, ... U directly inhale them while u are sleeping also....scary eh...
Than for south area, u know how far is bukom from our CBD? Use google map, once northeastern wind comes, all die....can't smell, can't see....
Oh yes, not to forget the woodland area, the JB heavy industry is worst....cut cost ma, everything also cut, I not sure got filter or not. Once the wind change direction to southern, all die...

Scary, I advise u to migrate....not safe to stay here.:rolleyes:

Eh, forget to mention, my friend works in UN...:D:D:D

Rysk
06-04-14, 12:27

He did not wish to elaborate further cos he is working under public sector..
Just a piece of advise to me since we are close fren..

As I said.. I'm not here to Ka chao this thread..

Patrickstar
06-04-14, 12:34
This must be the biggest BS coming from you. I smell petrochemical in the air so often when I go jurong n you telling me that is better than jets taking off n landing? Another one in denial :doh: :doh: :doh:

Hahaha, friend, I give u another hearsay....one of my friend told me recently that he is advising his friends not to stay in the east....u know why?

The landing and taking off of airplane emits 10 times more pollutants than the chemical plants in Jurong. Sg got strict rules, those plants in Jurong island employ very advance filtration systems....imagine how low the airplane is flying above tanah merah, pasir ris, ... U directly inhale them while u are sleeping also....scary eh...
Than for south area, u know how far is bukom from our CBD? Use google map, once northeastern wind comes, all die....can't smell, can't see....
Oh yes, not to forget the woodland area, the JB heavy industry is worst....cut cost ma, everything also cut, I not sure got filter or not. Once the wind change direction to southern, all die...

Scary, I advise u to migrate....not safe to stay here.:rolleyes:

Eh, forget to mention, my friend works in UN...:D:D:D

lajia
06-04-14, 12:51
Which part did I deny? Why u cannot accept hearsay ?? Anyway, the end of this...:p

This must be the biggest BS coming from you. I smell petrochemical in the air so often when I go jurong n you telling me that is better than jets taking off n landing? Another one in denial :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ringo33
06-04-14, 13:12
Air Pollution is a very IMPORTANT subject and its deserves to be discuss in isolation. Please continue your air pollution discussion here.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=471587#post471587

Patrickstar
07-04-14, 12:50
This thread is titled "Owners in the West beware!"

Can't think of anything to beware of other than the pollution problem in jurong so I think this thread is still the best thread to discuss the pollution problem in jurong.

Ringo33
07-04-14, 13:14
As I was saying...HSR could possibly end up at JLD..

BEWARE!!

SINGAPORE has picked three possible areas for the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur high-speed rail terminal that's expected to roll out in 2020: Tuas West; Jurong East; and the city.

This was disclosed after Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong wrapped up the annual retreat meeting between the Singapore and Malaysian leaders this morning. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Malaysia has already decided to build the terminal on KL's end at Sungei Besi, which is currently occupied by an air base.

The high-speed rail (HSR) project is projected to have seven stations - two terminus stations (KL and Singapore) and five transit stops (one each in Negri Sembilan and Malacca and three in Johor).

The project, targeted to be completed by 2020, is reported to cost about RM 40 billion (S$15.6 billion) and expected to cut land-travelling time between the two countries to just 90 minutes.

sunrise
07-04-14, 13:52
As I was saying...HSR could possibly end up at JLD..

BEWARE!!

not much singaporean visit malaysia these day. many kena robbed tio kia leow.

beware, the wolves are waiting. good luck bro.

Ringo33
07-04-14, 14:12
Sunrise, I have included you into my ignore list because there is really nothing that you post in this forum that is worth reading at all.

So please dont waste time posting on this thread anymore unless you enjoy talking to the wall.

Simi
07-04-14, 14:13
not much singaporean visit malaysia these day. many kena robbed tio kia leow.

beware, the wolves are waiting. good luck bro.

I think most of the crimes committed were in JB city center and eastern side

Western side like Nusa Jaya and Setia is quite safe

Patrickstar
07-04-14, 14:19
Nusajaya folks fear increasing crime rates

by Eric Ku

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/crimes-in-nusajaya-upscale-housing-area-near-jb/

Residents of Nusajaya vicinity in Johor Bahru feel unsettled due to the increase in buglary cases in the area.Recent protests in Taman Pulai Utama concerning the escalating crime rates initiated a dialogue session called “Sesi Dialog Polis Dengan Penduduk” recently to discuss measures which need to be taken by the police with cooperation from the residents to battle the issue at hand.According to the Deputy CPO of IPD Nusajaya, Tuan Razak, this is the second dialogue held in Nusajaya to answer the public’s enquiry and to offer consolation to the jittery residents.As per police report and record, Taman Pulai Utama had a total of 70 case this year, comprising 41 lost motorcycles, 7 missing cars, 19 burglary and 3 rape cases. To date, no one has been nabbed for the cases.The public openly displayed their frustration as many Nusajaya cases have been redirected to other police stations surmounting to a waste of time and effort.Ex-police office, James Barran, voiced his frustration at the lackadaisical attitude of the police force.“20 years ago, when I was a Police officer in Batu Pahat, the police received reports regardless of territory, but now I personally encountered a case where I was asked to lodge a Police report in Kangkar Pulai which is 5 km further from the one at Taman Universiti which is just 1 km away,” said the exasperated ex-police officer.Barran was supported by one of the local residents, Ong Ju Seng, who faced similar problems and had to travel a few times to give investigation statements in a rural police stations, when there was a police station close to home.Tuan Razak, in his reply mentioned that public can make police report in any of the police station, and that there is no excuse for policemen to channel cases to other stations. Disciplinary actions will take against officers who refuse to comply. He explained that there is a shortage of investigative officers and therefore some lapse in time may occur before crime cases receive due investigation.The resident in Taman Pulai Utama requested more police patrol in the area, regardless of having security personals in the guarded and gated area. They request that the police be more efficient when recovering evidence and to be efficient when dealing with suspects in order to deter repetitive crime.A total of 200 people attended the dialogue. Also present was the Ahli Majlis Perbandaran Johor Bahru Tengah ( MPJBT), Jason Teo and community policing Bukit Indah, Yap Kwi Juan and legal advisor Lau Kok Guan.

I think most of the crimes committed were in JB city center and eastern side

Western side like Nusa Jaya and Setia is quite safe

Ringo33
07-04-14, 14:21
this thread is about Singapore west region, not Malaysia. Please do not pollute this thread by talking about crime in JB.

sunrise
07-04-14, 14:38
this thread is about Singapore west region, not Malaysia. Please do not pollute this thread by talking about crime in JB.

you are mentioning on the high speed rail, others are concern on the safety of travelling to malaysia, if rail station located at JLD then it will be more scary, just as crowded as serangoon and geylang if you look further.
i can tell you do not have foresight. simple minded, no wonder people call you kamgong.

hopeful
07-04-14, 15:04
you are mentioning on the high speed rail, others are concern on the safety of travelling to malaysia, if rail station located at JLD then it will be more scary, just as crowded as serangoon and geylang if you look further.
i can tell you do not have foresight. simple minded, no wonder people call you kamgong.

i would think woodland more scary le.
everyday got so many malaysians riding their bike.

the malaysian can rape, rob, rub their victims. the police wont even have time to respond before they cross the causeway.
so scary to live in woodlands.

using HSR rail expensive way to rob. train ticket quite ex. (compared to riding bike). not only that, can alight only at train stations where malaysia police will be waiting for you :rolleyes: cough..cough..cough
if cross the causeway on motorbike, once turn into any sideroad, hard for malaysia police to catch.
(even our very efficient singapore police take hours to catch a gold mercedes. how many gold merc you see on the road har?).
chin-chin scary to live in woodland.

Simi
07-04-14, 15:09
Nusajaya folks fear increasing crime rates

by Eric Ku

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/crimes-in-nusajaya-upscale-housing-area-near-jb/

Residents of Nusajaya vicinity in Johor Bahru feel unsettled due to the increase in buglary cases in the area.Recent protests in Taman Pulai Utama concerning the escalating crime rates initiated a dialogue session called “Sesi Dialog Polis Dengan Penduduk” recently to discuss measures which need to be taken by the police with cooperation from the residents to battle the issue at hand.According to the Deputy CPO of IPD Nusajaya, Tuan Razak, this is the second dialogue held in Nusajaya to answer the public’s enquiry and to offer consolation to the jittery residents.As per police report and record, Taman Pulai Utama had a total of 70 case this year, comprising 41 lost motorcycles, 7 missing cars, 19 burglary and 3 rape cases. To date, no one has been nabbed for the cases.The public openly displayed their frustration as many Nusajaya cases have been redirected to other police stations surmounting to a waste of time and effort.Ex-police office, James Barran, voiced his frustration at the lackadaisical attitude of the police force.“20 years ago, when I was a Police officer in Batu Pahat, the police received reports regardless of territory, but now I personally encountered a case where I was asked to lodge a Police report in Kangkar Pulai which is 5 km further from the one at Taman Universiti which is just 1 km away,” said the exasperated ex-police officer.Barran was supported by one of the local residents, Ong Ju Seng, who faced similar problems and had to travel a few times to give investigation statements in a rural police stations, when there was a police station close to home.Tuan Razak, in his reply mentioned that public can make police report in any of the police station, and that there is no excuse for policemen to channel cases to other stations. Disciplinary actions will take against officers who refuse to comply. He explained that there is a shortage of investigative officers and therefore some lapse in time may occur before crime cases receive due investigation.The resident in Taman Pulai Utama requested more police patrol in the area, regardless of having security personals in the guarded and gated area. They request that the police be more efficient when recovering evidence and to be efficient when dealing with suspects in order to deter repetitive crime.A total of 200 people attended the dialogue. Also present was the Ahli Majlis Perbandaran Johor Bahru Tengah ( MPJBT), Jason Teo and community policing Bukit Indah, Yap Kwi Juan and legal advisor Lau Kok Guan.

Please allow me to "shift" the goal post a bit and be more specific

Gelang Patah, Setia and Ledang area safer

Ringo33
07-04-14, 15:10
Its all looking good for JLD.

With the possible HSR station coming to Jurong east, the entire JLD will be transform into a bustling commercial and tourism hub. I would expect to see more hotels and commercial sites being launch once the location is finalized.

The recent opening of JEM Mall and the sold out success of J Gateway is an indication that the beautiful Western Dragon is finally awake. In the coming weeks and months, you will noticed an increase in viewing activities in your estate, and you will get many call from property agents trying to solicit you to sell you property, and some might even make you an indecent offer for your unit.

What we are seeing in 2013 is only the 1st wave of the JLD effect, the next wave will come in 2014, when the VVIPs from MND BCA and AVA move into JEM, in tandem with VVIP from Capitaland moving into Westgate.

In Fengshui, we believe that if the land is occupied by VVIP, the estates in around the area will prosperous. Dont believe? Just look at the property prices of places where ministers and banking and property tycoon live.

The 3rd wave will come in 2015, this is when NTFGH/JCH TOP and LTA will also announce the details and alignment of the Jurong Region MRT Line, and Cross Region Line. Those property located within 5km radius will huat big time in 2015.

The 4th and final wave will come in 2016/7 when STB, URA, MND make a big announcement on the development on the Lakeside District theme park. Details of the theme park is sketchy at the moment, but rest assure that when STB, EDB, URA NPark and other ministry are involved, it will be BIG.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/180/9sx6.jpg

Simi
07-04-14, 15:14
Its all looking good for JLD.

With the possible HSR station coming to Jurong east, the entire JLD will be transform into a bustling commercial and tourism hub. I would expect to see more hotels and commercial sites being launch once the location is finalized.

It does made sense to have the HSR in JE

Shoppers from the North can stay and shop in JLD
and if that's not enough they can travel to Orchard conveniently

Ringo33
07-04-14, 15:23
It does made sense to have the HSR in JE

Shoppers from the North can stay and shop in JLD
and if that's not enough they can travel to Orchard conveniently

Its all part of the grand plan to turn JLD into a commercial and tourism hub. With influx of tourists coming through HSR, the entire Jurong Gateway and lakeside district will be transformed for sure.

as I have said before, Genting Hotel is there for a reason, not just for show.

Ringo33
08-04-14, 07:43
As I have told you so.

Beware, the western dragon is wide awake.

West region huat ah!!

TUAS West or Jurong East is likely to be one end of the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur high-speed rail that is due to roll out in 2020, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said yesterday.
The city centre will also be considered as an alternative terminal station for the $15.6 billion project that is tipped to cut land travel time between Singapore and Malaysia to just 90 minutes, though it is a less likely option.
"The city would be ideal, but it is very difficult to do," Mr Lee disclosed during a joint press conference with his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak at the end of an annual "retreat" meeting between the two leaders. "The expense would be very high. You have to tunnel a long way - and to find a sufficiently big plot (of land) in the city in order to build the railway station is not easy."
Tuas West makes sense because it is close to the Singapore-Malaysia border, and so is Jurong East which will become a major transportation, economic and financial zone for Singapore, Mr Lee said.

"Because it is (in) the Jurong Lake district and many things are happening at Jurong East," he said. "We will decide within the next year or so."
The idea of a Singapore-Kuala Lumpur rail was hatched between Mr Lee and Mr Najib at last year's retreat meeting. It is due to have seven stations, including a terminal station in Singapore and another in the Malaysian capital. There will be three stations in Johor Bahru and one each in Negri Sembilan and Malacca.
Property consultants The Business Times spoke to also point to Tuas West and Jurong East as likely locations to site the terminal. Of the three, Jurong East offers a compromise in terms of cost and connectivity. Building costs fall between the other two locations, and though not matching up to the city area, Jurong East is better connected to the rest of Singapore than Tuas West, they said.
It would make sense for the terminal to be located near the MRT station, said Christine Li, OrangeTee's head of research and consultancy. But finding the right location will be challenging considering the multiple developments in the area, she added.
Even so, siting the terminal in Jurong East will improve its position as a regional centre. Chesterton Singapore's managing director, Donald Han, said that the terminal would be a magnet for businesses and people to locate there. CBRE research head Desmond Sim reckoned that developments there would likely "synergise and benefit most".
Besides being close to the border, Tuas West, which is under developed with more available land, would offer the cheapest construction costs with minimal disruptions, said industry players. Ms Li said that Tuas West was considered possibly because of the port shift.
But the mostly industrial area is far from other parts of Singapore.
Nicholas Mak, SLP International's executive director said that this can be overcome by ensuring good access to public transport systems. But Jones Lang LaSalle's national director for research and consultancy, Ong Teck Hui, said that for travellers into Singapore, another 30 minutes to the city would be a "significant add-on to the 90-minute journey".
A terminal in the city would no doubt have the best connectivity for both travellers and locals. But land is prime with higher opportunity costs. Besides, construction work would cause more inconvenience. Mr Han of Chesterton Singapore pointed to the existing Tanjong Pagar railway station at Keppel Road and the KTM rail corridor as a more cost-effective way of locating the terminal in the city. Land acquisition costs would be reduced, said Mr Han.
While he said that Jurong East would be a likely candidate, having the terminal in Marina South, especially near the cruise centre, would create a "multi-nodal transport hub". Mr Han added it could push the expansion of the Central Business District into the Southern waterfront corridor.
Mr Najib said yesterday that the terminal station in Kuala Lumpur will be located in Bandar Malaysia, at the current Air Force base in Sungai Besi, which has been earmarked for redevelopment into a mixed use community and commercial district.
Mr Lee said that the high-speed rail is a "very major cooperation project which will preoccupy us for several years to come".
He added: "Officials have been working hard and there are many items here to discuss and settle: the design, the financing, the governance, the operations, the security and immigration requirements, the legal arrangements."
Despite the challenges, both Singapore and Malaysia leaders are sticking to the 2020 deadline for now. "That's quite an ambitious target," Mr Najib conceded. "(But) we wanted it to be an ambitious target so that we become very, very focused and the entire weight of both governments will be directed at this."
Mr Lee added: "I think 2020 is a good target to work for. It will be very challenging to achieve, but we don't think we should relax the constraint yet."
Meanwhile, Malaysia is keen to push two new initiatives raised at the latest retreat, the fifth since it kicked off in May 2007 in Langkawi by Mr Lee and former Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi. The two new initiatives are "a joint border control at a single checkpoint" and a long-term "Friendship Bridge" to provide a third road link between the two countries.
The Friendship Bridge is another variation which has been raised by Malaysian leaders since 2003. Mr Lee said that Singapore's current preoccupation is to improve the flow of traffic at its Custom and Immigration Quarantine (CIQ) checkpoint, but it recognises a need to widen the links across the Straits of Johor in the long term. This is already being looked into by the Singapore and Malaysian ministers studying cross-border road linkage.
Mr Lee is agreeable to co-location of the CIQ, especially for the new links such as the Rapid Transit System linking Johor and Singapore and the high-speed rail. But he said that it is harder to do for the existing links, because the CIQ is already built.
With additional reporting by Sheena Tan in S'pore

hopeful
08-04-14, 15:39
with regards to this article
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=472062#post472062
"The largest proportion of shadow space in the first quarter was in outlying areas after the Ministry of National Development put up several floors in Jem for sub-lease. Several firms have already indicated keen interest in sub-leasing this space."

Is MND still shifting to Jem?
The delay has been for quite some months.

Ringo33
08-04-14, 16:17
with regards to this article
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=472062#post472062
"The largest proportion of shadow space in the first quarter was in outlying areas after the Ministry of National Development put up several floors in Jem for sub-lease. Several firms have already indicated keen interest in sub-leasing this space."

Is MND still shifting to Jem?
The delay has been for quite some months.

earlier this year MND has already announced they are delaying the move as they currently do not have development plan for the existing office at Maxwell. However AVA and BCA are confirmed moving in this year.Perhaps MND will do so on later date.

Whatever the case, MND already sign a 30 years lease with JEM to occupy the entire office block.

sunrise
08-04-14, 16:41
soon JLD become a dumping ground.

pasir panjang, tanjong pagar, shenton, suntec, beach road to kallang will turn vibrant with waterfront living all over south side of singapore.

hopeful
08-04-14, 20:08
soon JLD become a dumping ground.

pasir panjang, tanjong pagar, shenton, suntec, beach road to kallang will turn vibrant with waterfront living all over south side of singapore.

how about woodlands? jurong east not confirmed to have HSR. but woodlands already confirmed to have RTS le.

Sunrise, which do you think will have more people using? HSR or RTS ?

....if rail station located at JLD then it will be more scary, just as crowded as serangoon and geylang if you look further.

Jurong residents feel thankful that they are the subject of so many people concern. But please show concern for other districts also you know. if not they feel jealous.

What problems Jurong have, the north and north-east surely have it worst.

Ringo33
08-04-14, 21:51
Uncle Lee is tell you, better dont miss the boat.

PM Lee : Jurong East which will become a major transportation, economic and financial zone for Singapore.

sunrise
09-04-14, 05:47
how about woodlands? jurong east not confirmed to have HSR. but woodlands already confirmed to have RTS le.

Sunrise, which do you think will have more people using? HSR or RTS ?

Jurong residents feel thankful that they are the subject of so many people concern. But please show concern for other districts also you know. if not they feel jealous.

What problems Jurong have, the north and north-east surely have it worst.
Other district do not have such a moron to come here and shout all day and felt so proud after invested a dog house. Your neighbor is bringing your estate down, dont you think so?

hopeful
09-04-14, 07:29
Other district do not have such a moron to come here and shout all day and felt so proud after invested a dog house. Your neighbor is bringing your estate down, dont you think so?

i am really unsure who is the one actually trying to bring Jurong down by mentioning pollution, crime, overcrowding, etc.

when friends of jurong are like these (proper-t, patrickstar, teddy, etc) who needs enemies :):):):)

sunrise
09-04-14, 07:40
i am really unsure who is the one actually trying to bring Jurong down by mentioning pollution, crime, overcrowding, etc.

when friends of jurong are like these (proper-t, patrickstar, teddy, etc) who needs enemies :):):):)

Haha but... Someone is inviting challenge all the time.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 08:14
Agree. Jurong will always be Jurong, prices will always be below Redhill and Queenstown.

This thread is really a lame attempt.

If Jurong is $1,800, anything at $1,800 between Jurong and Orchard, quickly grab!!!

DKSG

This is a good reminder of how much have changed since about 10 months ago.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=413198&postcount=7

Ringo33
09-04-14, 08:23
This is the biggest truth posted on here in weeks.

You can buy freehold D9 for less than JG if you look hard enough. OK maybe not super prime but still.....

It's better to own the worst house on the best street than the best house of the worst street.

There are plenty of D9 for less the JG right now because last time I check in propertyguru, they are asking at around $2000psf for J Gateway.

Perhaps you could elaborate what do you mean by Better?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=413510&postcount=58

astroboy8681
09-04-14, 09:46
virus ringgo virus bingo...

which stupid buyers would buy months back at 1600psf and try to sell now for 2000psf with 16% ssd??? can cover??

if indeed there are such buyers turned sellers now, doesn't take rocket science to know these people are having huge tinge of regrets... i for one know a particular acquaintance...

pguru adv 2000 psf and this virus blow trumpet like it's a done deal
omg...

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 10:32
Asking does not equate to transacted. So you trying to say just because 6xxsqft jgateway n 6xxsqft the sail asking at same price means jgateway as good an investment as the sail? Let me ask you, for the same sized unit, the sail or jgateway would fetch higher rental?

There are plenty of D9 for less the JG right now because last time I check in propertyguru, they are asking at around $2000psf for J Gateway.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 10:35
The virus eagerly hoping a unit gets transacted at $2000psf. He is hoping that will exonerate him of his carrothead status.

which stupid buyers would buy months back at 1600psf and try to sell now for 2000psf with 16% ssd??? can cover??

if indeed there are such buyers turned sellers now, doesn't take rocket science to know these people are having huge tinge of regrets... i for one know a particular acquaintance...

pguru adv 2000 psf and this virus blow trumpet like it's a done deal
omg...

relax88
09-04-14, 11:54
Hey, dont be nasty to R .... lar

Without him, here wont be so乱。I do enjoy his die also standup character

come come, just say jurong will發, 大發:D

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 12:58
That means you consider him a clown :D

Come. .. come. .. please vote:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=20595&page=13

Hey, dont be nasty to R .... lar

Without him, here wont be so乱。I do enjoy his die also standup character

come come, just say jurong will發, 大發:D

reporter2
09-04-14, 13:27
OK.

That is enough.

EBD
09-04-14, 15:26

Hard to know where to start with this.
I am pretty sure it has been sufficiently answered in the previous few posts.

I hope you realise propertyguru is an advertisement site, not actual sales data. I cannot assume you know this.

People can ask for whatever they want. Any successful sale ?
I can advertise my Japanese sedan for the same prices as a Ferrari can I not?
I doubt you understand this. You seem to understand so little or are willingly blind.

Plus for a guy who goes on so much about size and quantum - pls find me a current unit available in D9 with a transacted psf value matching a similar sized unit in Jurong GW with an actual transacted psf.

I believe the phrase is apples to apples - you are not even comparing apples to pears.

Anyhow - if you find any such units in D9 - let me know. I am waiting in the wings.

As for better - well as my endless attempts to explain the most simple idea on spotting value are not what you are interested in what's the point? I even pointed you could have bought any of the PC around Jurong lake from secondary market like I did and made a real killing rather be chopped on JG alter - no response - Which is OK, it's not my dollars at risk there, in fact I still doubt your dollars are either.

Read your signature. Please read it thoroughly and understand why I am really not going to engage you on this as answering you 100 times will not be enough, you come back for 101, 102 etc...

Don't blame others for your incapability to understand simple concepts.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 15:37

I hope you realise propertyguru is an advertisement site, not actual sales data. I cannot assume you know this.

I doubt you understand this. You seem to understand so little or are willingly blind.

Plus for a guy who goes on so much about size and quantum - pls find me a current unit available in D9 with a transacted psf value matching a similar sized unit in Jurong GW with an actual transacted psf.

I believe the phrase is apples to apples - you are not even comparing apples to pears.

Anyhow - if you find any such units in D9 - let me know. I am waiting in the wings.

As for better - well as my endless attempts to explain the most simple idea on spotting value are not what you are interested in what's the point? I even pointed you could have bought any of the PC around Jurong lake from secondary market like I did and made a real killing rather be chopped on JG alter - no response - Which is OK, it's not my dollars at risk there, in fact I still doubt your dollars are either.

Read your signature. Please read it thoroughly and understand why I am really not going to engage you on this as answering you 100 times will not be enough, you come back for 101, 102 etc...

Property 101 : Buying the worst house in the best street is better than the best house in the worst street

Lets just wait till JG TOP and then we see whether JLD property will out perform RV worst house in terms of capital gain and rental yield.

If you still insist that your property 101 is right, then show us some rental and resale transaction to prove your point instead of telling me how smart you are etc.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 15:51
Advertising a price doesn't mean one can sell at that price. Some people are too quick to get excited. Btw I think the j gateway agent realises it is embarrassing to put up j gateway for sale at $2000psf so she has taken down the ad...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/j-gateway-21670

Ringo33
09-04-14, 15:56
Advertising a price doesn't mean one can sell at that price. Some people are too quick to get excited. Btw I think the j gateway agent realises it is embarrassing to put up j gateway for sale at $2000psf so she has taken down the ad...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/j-gateway-21670

there is nothing embarrassing about placing an ad on propertyguru because agents are paying to put the ad on propertyguru.

With the announcement from PM Lee about HSR station in JLD, who in their right mind would want to sell?

Like I said before, if you think that $1450psf average price for J Gateway is over priced, then lets just wait for J gateway to TOP then we will see what sort of resale price they will be commanding.

By then, I hope you will still be using this forum account in this forum and not reappear with a new forum account to distant yourself from what you said before.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 16:12
But I think you did not pay $1400psf for your one bedder, did you? More like $17xxpsf right? If your justification for paying $1700psf for jurong is just because of JLD, it is extremely feeble and at best it is just talking up the District to justify your overpriced purchase of jgateway. You can blow your trumpet about JLD to the annoyance of forumers but we all know what you have gotten yourself into.

If i were the agent asked to put up an ad to sell a 678sqft jgateway at $1.35 million, I would be utterly embarassed to even do so. I think the agent probably did the right thing by removing the ad. Don't forget agents have a code of ethics with regard to online advertising and cannot state a false asking price.

there is nothing embarrassing about placing an ad on propertyguru because agents are paying to put the ad on propertyguru.

With the announcement from PM Lee about HSR station in JLD, who in their right mind would want to sell?

Like I said before, if you think that $1450psf average price for J Gateway is over priced, then lets just wait for J gateway to TOP then we will see what sort of resale price they will be commanding.

By then, I hope you will still be using this forum account in this forum and not reappear with a new forum account to distant yourself from what you said before.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 16:16
But I think you did not pay $1400psf for your one bedder, did you? More like $17xxpsf right? If your justification for paying $1700psf for jurong is just because of JLD, it is extremely feeble and at best it is just talking up the District to justify your overpriced purchase of jgateway. You can blow your trumpet about JLD to the annoyance of forumers but we all know what you have gotten yourself into.

If i were the agent asked to put up an ad to sell a 678sqft jgateway at $1.35 million, I would be utterly embarassed to even do so. I think the agent probably did the right thing. Don't forget agents have a code of ethics with regard to online advertising and cannot state a false asking price.

What is the point of making baseless assumption to make yourself look smart in this forum.

ultimately this thread is not about J Gateway but property around JLD, and your repeated attempt to hijack this thread for your own agenda is obviously failing and thats why you need to resort to personal attack, multiple forum account and stupid poll thread to hide your inability to support your claim with FACTS.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 16:33
Btw the admin is watching. Your reply to my last message by asserting I have multiple account and having asserted the same about other forumers amounts to nuisance coz your assertions are not based on facts. You want people to show you facts but you are the most presumptuous n paranoid person here, always assuming people set up multiple forum accounts and want to get people to swear by their parents n family, this to a sane person is only something a crazy person would do.

Have you forgotten you asked me very recently about which new launch pty in the central would have better rental and capital appreciation potential than jgateway? I think your memory is very shortlived. Arent you asking a question that is non-factual? Since you only look at facts, why you even bother asking people for their opinions about future events? I don't think you are smart enough to know what you say contradicts yourself ever so often but of course with many having voted you in the poll as an I......... and c............, I will probably excuse you.

What is the point of making baseless assumption to make yourself look smart in this forum.

ultimately this thread is not about J Gateway but property around JLD, and your repeated attempt to hijack this thread for your own agenda is obviously failing and thats why you need to resort to personal attack, multiple forum account and stupid poll thread to hide your inability to support your claim with FACTS.

EBD
09-04-14, 16:36
Property 101 : Buying the worst house in the best street is better than the best house in the worst street

Lets just wait till JG TOP and then we see whether JLD property will out perform RV worst house in terms of capital gain and rental yield.

If you still insist that your property 101 is right, then show us some rental and resale transaction to prove your point instead of telling me how smart you are etc.

So now you've changed from JG is doing better than D9 based on asking price vs transacted priced with different sized units to whole of JLD vs worst in RV.

Are you sure you don't cook prata for a living? flip-flop flip-flop.

---- and as usual don't answer a single pointed question.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 16:42
I don't understand it when somebody ask for facts but they themselves keep assuming things they don't know (ie. Non-factual). Isn't that a contradiction? :scared-5:

So now you've changed from JG is doing better than D9 based on asking price vs transacted priced with different sized units to whole of JLD vs worst in RV.

astroboy8681
09-04-14, 16:49
Btw the admin is watching. Your reply to my last message by asserting I have multiple account and having asserted the same about other forumers amounts to nuisance coz your assertions are not based on facts. You want people to show you facts but you are the most presumptuous n paranoid person here, always assuming people set up multiple forum accounts and want to get people to swear by their parents n family, this to a sane person is only something a crazy person would do.

Have you forgotten you asked me very recently about which new launch pty in the central would have better rental and capital appreciation potential than jgateway? I think your memory is very shortlived. Arent you asking a question that is non-factual? Since you only look at facts, why you even bother asking people for their opinions about future events? I don't think you are smart enough to know what you say contradicts yourself ever so often but of course with many having voted you in the poll as an I......... and c............, I will probably excuse you.

don't forget months back he claim that Jgate owners can comfortably and conservatively enjoy 4-5% rental yield upon TOP... Chio ka peng...

if this is not baseless assumption and trying to act smart, what else is... virus tosser hahaha

Ringo33
09-04-14, 16:53

Please stop trying to deny that you are not operating multiple forum accounts here and please also stop pretending that your intention of coming to this thread is for property discussion either.

I am so glad that admin is watching you. And if you continue to post nonsense and insult on this thread, I would sincerely hope that you get banned too.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 16:57

If you want to prove your point about your property 101, then please justify your point by showing transaction to prove that buying the worst house along river valley (As you claim is an example of best street) is better than buying the best house in Jurong, instead of paraphrasing what I said or what I didnt say.

And before you make nonsensical comment about J Gateway again, please read the title and first post of this thread again. This is NOT about J gateway, this is about property around JLD.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 17:00
don't forget months back he claim that Jgate owners can comfortably and conservatively enjoy 4-5% rental yield upon TOP... Chio ka peng...

if this is not baseless assumption and trying to act smart, what else is... virus tosser hahaha

for you information, what I said in this thread are not meant for people like you who's only intention of coming to this thread is to talk nonsense.

If you dont believe what I said, the its your duty to tell us why instead of cheap talking.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 17:04
Dear admin,

Please stop Ringo33 from harassing us and causing a nuisance in this forum by his continuous assertion that others set up multiple accounts and other baseless assumptions about the intention of forumers who come to this forum. Despite your latest request in this thread, he is still back to his old ways so can you kindly do something about him. Thank you.

Please stop trying to deny that you are not operating multiple forum accounts here and please also stop pretending that your intention of coming to this thread is for property discussion either.

I am so glad that admin is watching you. And if you continue to post nonsense and insult on this thread, I would sincerely hope that you get banned too.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 17:08
Dear admin,

Please stop Ringo33 from harassing us and causing a nuisance in this forum by his continuous assertion that others set up multiple accounts and other baseless assumptions about the intention of forumers who come to this forum. Despite your latest request in this thread, he is still back to his old ways so can you kindly do something about him. Thank you.

Are you aware that this thread is started by Ringo33 with sole purpose of discussing the potential of property around JLD.

Do you even understand the meaning of harassment in the first place?

I would appreciate if you could kindly leave this thread and stop posting anything on this thread.

EBD
09-04-14, 17:16

I think you need to write into the PM to get further clarification.

He said there would be HSR station in JLD?
I thought he mentioned it as a possibility along side Tuas and of course the city centre. quote "However, while locating the station in the heavily built-up city centre will be ideal, “it is very difficult to do so”, he added.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-kl-high-speed-rail-republic-locate-its-station-west-or-city-centre

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tuas-west-most-viable/1063592.html

Now I personally don't think they will put it in the city centre , experts are tipping the Tuas site - but someone here as per their usual blinkered form seems to be disingenuous enough to not mention the other 2 sites at all & appears to try and convince other people that it will happen.
Do you know better then the government team?

It may well turn up in Jurong - but as of now you can't say that it will.

This is why you catch so much flak on this forum for deliberately misleading people then going all abusive when you get caught doing it and get called on it.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 17:22

I thought he mentioned it as a possibility along side Tuas and of course the city centre. quote "However, while locating the station in the heavily built-up city centre will be ideal, “it is very difficult to do so”, he added.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-kl-high-speed-rail-republic-locate-its-station-west-or-city-centre

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tuas-west-most-viable/1063592.html

Now I personally don't think they will put it in the city centre , experts are tipping the Tuas site - but someone here as per their usual blinkered form seems to be disingenuous enough to not mention the other 2 sites at all & appears to try and convince other people that it will happen.

This is why you catch so much flak on this forum for deliberately misleading people then going all abusive when you get caught doing it and get called on it.

Its not my duty to make you believe what you dont want to believe.

If you wish to talk about HSR, perhaps you could join me in this thread

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=472142#post472142

Btw, why are you diverting our discussion from Property 101 to HSR?

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 17:27
Dear admin,

Another unruly behaviour from Ringo33 coz he is telling people not to post things on the thread and implying that he owns n have dominion over the thread. Please let him know that he doesn't own the forum. Please also let him know that when we discuss that we do not feel jgateway is a good investment n sharing our views, it is a discussion of the potential of property in JLD.

Thank you

Are you aware that this thread is started by Ringo33 with sole purpose of discussing the potential of property around JLD.

Do you even understand the meaning of harassment in the first place?

I would appreciate if you could kindly leave this thread and stop posting anything on this thread.

ay123
09-04-14, 17:31
i feel that there is nothing wrong with Ringo33. whatever he said is supported by lots of facts and his analysis. is up to individual to believe. he provided quite informative data which is quite interesting.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 17:35
It is terribly desperate to say the HSR is in jld when there is no concrete evidence. I am back at the point on how all these development going on in jld would make $1700psf a good investment in far flung jurong? Apart from flashing gigantic pics in this forum n cutting n pasting old news, nobody has substantiated with anything concrete about jgateway being a good buy.