PDA

View Full Version : Land owner

Northeast91
05-07-13, 16:45
Can I ask a stupid question?

If I bought a leasehold or freehold condo, do I own the land?

What about if I bought a leasehold or freehold landed property, do I own the land?

:beats-me-man:

indomie
05-07-13, 17:28

What about if I bought a leasehold or freehold landed property, do I own the land?

Yes u own the land. In case of condo, u own proportionate part of the land. In case of fire that burned down the whole building, u have a partial claim on the land itself.

Northeast91
05-07-13, 17:37
Yes u own the land. In case of condo, u own proportionate part of the land. In case of fire that burned down the whole building, u have a partial claim on the land itself.

Thanks Indomie. :):p

Arcachon
05-07-13, 18:06
Only for Private property. Question, If HDB burned down what happen.

Jackson
06-07-13, 01:00
Private condo owners own a Subsidiary Strata Certificate of Title (SSCT) and an undivided share in 'land'.

To me, you own an estate in the land and not the land.

Leasehold estate - Returned to the owner after period of leasehold (some developers own a land freehold and sell it to owners at leasehold so when the lease runs out they take back ownership of it).

Freehold estate (Fee Simple Absolute Estate or Estate in Perpetuity) - Generally yes, but still subject to any zoning and any compulsory acquisitions if so required by the State.

wirehtc
06-07-13, 07:42

Government owns the land, be it 99LH, 9xxLH or FH.

indomie
06-07-13, 08:40
Government owns the land, be it 99LH, 9xxLH or FH.
Gov only owns what below the land (water, oil, gold, etc). But anything on top belong to the owner.

princess_morbucks
06-07-13, 14:53
Gov only owns what below the land (water, oil, gold, etc). But anything on top belong to the owner.

If the freehold land is estate in fee simple, means you own the land and whatever is in it eg natural mineral and precious metals.

In freehold estate in perpetuity, you don't own whatever is inside the land, only things that are above it.