PDA

View Full Version : Projection for Ringo33's selling price for his J Gateway 474sqft one bedder on TOP

Regulators
04-07-13, 16:05
I think it is time for the "highly statistical" Ringo33 to show us what kind of projected selling price he is expecting from his $800k 474sqft one bedder at J gateway. knowing that he has to forego rental for the next 4 years, his selling price has to be much higher to compensate for the loss in rental. :D

phantom_opera
04-07-13, 16:14

Regulators
04-07-13, 16:15
very auspicious number :D

Ringo33
04-07-13, 16:21
I think it is time for the "highly statistical" Ringo33 to show us what kind of projected selling price he is expecting from his $800k 474sqft one bedder at J gateway. knowing that he has to forego rental for the next 4 years, his selling price has to be much higher to compensate for the loss in rental. :D

you should merge this thread with this
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18128&page=11

OR

Regulators supporting Regulators thread,

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18131

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7177/z6wt.png

Regulators
04-07-13, 16:26
Of course i support myself, then support you? lol...

Dont waste time liao, we all waiting for your projection, got past transaction in the area for surrounding projects to back up even better :D
you should merge this thread with this
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18128&page=11

OR

Regulators supporting Regulators thread,

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18131

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7177/z6wt.png

Ringo33
04-07-13, 16:38
Of course i support myself, then support you? lol...

Dont waste time liao, we all waiting for your projection, got past transaction in the area for surrounding projects to back up even better :D

That sound really desperate..like falling in love with yourself in front of the mirror.

And btw, did you start this thread because I caught you voting for yourself? Is winning the vote is so damn important to you that you have to sneak up from behind to submit a vote? Did you also log in with your other account to vote for yourself like the way you voted Regent Heights and J Gateway on Propertyguru? e.g ALL 5 stars for RH, ALL 1 star for J Gateway, even when J Gateway is located right infront of a huge commercial and transportation hub.

Or was it to avoid my question to you about your spreadsheet on how to make $294,000 from MK88 1 bedder in 4 years.

And btw, did you read that someone dude sold a unit at your highly recommended Waterford Residence unit at loss? What happen?

Regulators
04-07-13, 17:04
Your comments clearly shows you r a demented individual, but we can forgive you in your state of panic. I notice you like bringing up regent heights (not me), u must be jealous I made substantial gains from my astute judgement back in 2010 n u will have a tough time catching up. To be jealous is natural for office boys like you, so my advice to you is take advice from experienced ppl n work harder if you want to retire early like me. :D

P.s. Everyone still waiting for your projection in gain for ur 474sqft dog box
That sound really desperate..like falling in love with yourself in front of the mirror.

And btw, did you start this thread because I caught you voting for yourself? Is winning the vote is so damn important to you that you have to sneak up from behind to submit a vote? Did you also log in with your other account to vote for yourself like the way you voted Regent Heights and J Gateway on Propertyguru? e.g ALL 5 stars for RH, ALL 1 star for J Gateway, even when J Gateway is located right infront of a huge commercial and transportation hub.

Or was it to avoid my question to you about your spreadsheet on how to make $294,000 from MK88 1 bedder in 4 years.

And btw, did you read that someone dude sold a unit at your highly recommended Waterford Residence unit at loss? What happen?

jacelynchia
04-07-13, 17:52
From a neutral point, I am no pro but also would like to know what's the profit you're expecting on this investement?

leesg123
04-07-13, 18:03
I seriously hope this JLD project will take off and the MM will breach $1m, because this will lead to all MM in the CCR to breach the $1.5m mark! Woohoo! JIA YOU JLD!!! :cheers5:

Ringo33
04-07-13, 18:11
From a neutral point, I am no pro but also would like to know what's the profit you're expecting on this investement?

For 1 bedder property, its pointless to think about capital appreciation because with the small area, even if it rises by $100 or 200psf, you again is only $50K to 100K.

What most buyers have in mind for J Gateway will actually be rental yield, which I expect, upon TOP, it will be about 20% higher than neighboring property such as Caspian and Centris. Which mean for a 780K property, you should be looking at about 5% and more rental return upon TOP.

For those interested in Capital Gain, you can try Faber Crest, or even property along West Coast area.

lionhill
04-07-13, 18:15
I seriously hope this JLD project will take off and the MM will breach $1m, because this will lead to all MM in the CCR to breach the $1.5m mark! Woohoo! JIA YOU JLD!!! :cheers5:
CCR MMs have already reached 1.5M, say, the one Balmoral just launched.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 18:20
CCR MMs have already reached 1.5M, say, the one Balmoral just launched.
wait for One Marina to launch. $2m+

Regulators
04-07-13, 18:23
Lol....you buy a pty projecting lousy capital gain n u still buy?? Ppl buy new launches for capital gains, if you feel u can't achieve that, why bother parking 20% of ur money there for 4 years? The resale investor that purchase same time as you would already be hundreds of thousands richer than you by the time you even start collecting ur first rental so you tell me is resale better or new launch? :D

For 1 bedder property, its pointless to think about capital appreciation because with the small area, even if it rises by $100 or 200psf, you again is only $50K to 100K.

What most buyers have in mind for J Gateway will actually be rental yield, which I expect, upon TOP, it will be about 20% higher than neighboring property such as Caspian and Centris. Which mean for a 780K property, you should be looking at about 5% and more rental return upon TOP.

For those interested in Capital Gain, you can try Faber Crest, or even property along West Coast area.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 18:34
Lol....you buy a pty projecting lousy capital gain n u still buy?? Ppl buy new launches for capital gains, if you feel u can't achieve that, why bother parking 20% of ur money there for 4 years? The resale investor that purchase same time as you would already be hundreds of thousands richer than you by the time you even start collecting ur first rental so you tell me is resale better or new launch? :D
a) Did I projected lousy capital gain or did you just made that up?

b) New launch comes in many sizes and if you are buying MM of 474sqft what capital gain are you expecting realistically?

c) how the hell did you come up with the 20% for 4 years theory for new launch? After spending so many years in this forum give "advices" you dont even know how the progressive payment for BUC work? :doh:

d) You keep talking about big numbers, but you have never been able to show us how. So please limit those big talks to the man in the mirror as you will need his support.

Regulators
04-07-13, 18:45
Oh yah forgot office boy can only do progressive payment, thanks for reminding us 20% of $780k upfront too tight for u .

I think we all know u buying for rental only, so lousy cap gain also dont bother u. Btw what happened to your caspian price growth chart, i thought you always use that to show capital appreciation prospects for j gateway :D
a) Did I projected lousy capital gain or did you just made that up?

b) New launch comes in many sizes and if you are buying MM of 474sqft what capital gain are you expecting realistically?

c) how the hell did you come up with the 20% for 4 years theory for new launch? After spending so many years in this forum give "advices" you dont even know how the progressive payment for BUC work? :doh:

d) You keep talking about big numbers, but you have never been able to show us how. So please limit those big talks to the man in the mirror as you will need his support.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 19:09
Oh yah forgot office boy can only do progressive payment, thanks for reminding us 20% of $780k upfront too tight for u .

I think we all know u buying for rental only, so lousy cap gain also dont bother u. Btw what happened to your caspian price growth chart, i thought you always use that to show capital appreciation prospects for j gateway :D

1) The chart is to show you that Caspian is a better investment in terms of capital appreciation as well as rental yield as compare to MK88 over the past 5 to 6 years despite it being located in Jurong and LH. And this has caused you to big talk about MK88 profit projection of $294,000 in 4 years which we know is nonsense (unless you can back that up with your spreadsheet)

2) Did I projected lousy capital gain or did you just made that up? (Repeat Question from my earlier post)

3) Forget? More like you dont have a clue. Just admit it lah, not like we are expecting alot from you.

lot286
04-07-13, 19:18
Ringo is right:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ringo33
04-07-13, 19:24

Forgot? :doh:

This is wrong too, because there is no such thing as progressive payment for 20% down payment.

At this rate you are going, i think you will need to start another new thread to avoid further embarrassment. And this is only 2nd page.

lot286
04-07-13, 19:30
This is childish. Esp the one who started the thread. Get a life:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Regulators
04-07-13, 19:49
If you are too daft to even understand what capital gain + rental income - outgoings (mortgage interest, maintenance etc) is, It is no wonder u have sunken yourself into a pit by buying j gateway.

The following is the projected gain of m88:

Unit size: 500+sqft
Purchase px in 2013: $850k
Sale px in 2017/8: $1100000
A) Gross cap gain: $250k
B) Rental 2013 to 2017: $3k x 48= $144k

(A) + (B) = $394k gross

$394k subtract (4 years mortgage interest n condo maintenance n legal fees n stamp duty) = $300k+ nett

As for the last two digits behind the 3, you slowly go n calculate hor.

Compare my projection to your $100-200psf capital appreciation projection for your 474sqft one bedder on TOP, I think a kid will tell you who will make more.

Of course a troll like you will argue I pluck figures from the sky about the projected selling px of m88, but my projection is based on mkz launch px n past transacted px for similar sized unit in the area. Your $100-200psf cap gain projection is what I call plucking figures from the sky literally coz u have no past transaction record in ur area to support. Please spare us the torture with your JLD rantings day in day out, we can read the news ourselves.

1) The chart is to show you that Caspian is a better investment in terms of capital appreciation as well as rental yield as compare to MK88 over the past 5 to 6 years despite it being located in Jurong and LH. And this has caused you to big talk about MK88 profit projection of $294,000 in 4 years which we know is nonsense (unless you can back that up with your spreadsheet)

2) Did I projected lousy capital gain or did you just made that up? (Repeat Question from my earlier post)

3) Forget? More like you dont have a clue. Just admit it lah, not like we are expecting alot from you.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:06
The following is the projected gain of m88:
Unit size: 500+sqft
Purchase px in 2013: $850k
Sale px in 2017/8: $1100000
A) Gross cap gain: $250k

Based on the recent 5 transaction of MK88, the annual capital gain ranges from 3.6 to 4.6% and this is perhaps inclusive on renovation cost after TOP. And this is on top of the fact that Singapore property market experiencing a an uninterrupted BULLRUN since 2008 to 2013

And now you are projecting MK88 will contribute an average annual capital appreciation of 7.35% from 2013 to 2014.

Could you explain to us how you justify a sudden spike in capital gain at MK88??

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:13
On the same note, based on the most recent transaction at Caspian, those who sold their unit recently have made an annual return of around 13 to 17% per year since 2009. This is around 4 times of what MK88 owners made.

So Regulators, what do you think is a reasonable % to project property prices in JLD?

Regulators
04-07-13, 20:13
Are you dumb?? I am betting a further upside based on new launch px n surrounding transacted px now. If mk88 selling at same px as parc emily or parc sophia now, would i still recommend ??
Based on the recent 5 transaction of MK88, the annual capital gain ranges from 3.6 to 4.6% and this is perhaps inclusive on renovation cost after TOP. And this is on top of the fact that Singapore property market experiencing a an uninterrupted BULLRUN since 2008 to 2013

And now you are projecting MK88 will contribute an average annual capital appreciation of 7.35% from 2013 to 2014.

Could you explain to us how you justify a sudden spike in capital gain at MK88??

Regulators
04-07-13, 20:17
You r obviously still in ur caspian dream. You might as well tell us your projected selling px for ur 474sqft unit is $1.6 million :doh:
On the same note, based on the most recent transaction at Caspian, those who sold their unit recently have made an annual return of around 13 to 17% per year since 2009. This is around 4 times of what MK88 owners made.

So Regulators, what do you think is a reasonable % to project property prices in JLD?

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:19
Are you dumb?? I am betting a further upside based on new launch px n surrounding transacted px now. If mk88 selling at same px as parc emily or parc sophia now, would i still recommend ??

AFAIK, there has always been new launches at around Mount Sophia area for the past 4 to 5 years or so, include MKZ which was launched recently.

So if those launches have not help to elevate the price of MK88, I am just curious why do you think going forward the new launches will help?

If fact when these new launches TOP, could it mean more competition for rental for MK88?

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:22
You r obviously still in ur caspian dream. You might as well tell us your projected selling px for ur 474sqft unit is $1.6 million :doh:

Please let me repeat my question

Regulators
04-07-13, 20:28
At least it is a calculated risk with price well supported by neighboring projects. J gateway is what i call a blind risk if it is just dependent on the future development to the area for price movement above historical high
AFAIK, there has always been new launches at around Mount Sophia area for the past 4 to 5 years or so, include MKZ which was launched recently.

So if those launches have not help elevated the price of MK88, I am just curious why do you think going forward the new launches will help?

If fact when these new launches TOP, could it mean more competition for rental for MK88?

Regulators
04-07-13, 20:30
I think that question should be answered by you, isnt it the purpose of this thread ?
Please let me repeat my question

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:36
At least it is a calculated risk with price well supported by neighboring projects. J gateway is what i call a blind risk if it us just dependent on the future development to the area for price movement abive historical high

How on earth can you going to convince us to believe that MK88 capital appreciation will jump from current 4% (since 2007) to more than 7% from now till 2017?

What exactly did you use to calculate? Perhaps a Speculator instead of calculator.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:37
I think that question should be answered by you, isnt it the purpose of this thread ?
I am not sure leh. So far you are the only one in this forum who are doing all the "calculated risk" of projecting future selling price. Even to the extend of knowing how future new launches could help jack up prices etc.

If I dont ask you, ask who?

Regulators
04-07-13, 20:38
R u trying to tell us pty px movement is rational n should always follow a pattern n past few years pattern should be same as next few years? If you believe in rational px increases, why do u always use caspian px increase as an example coz that is irrational.
How on earth can you going to convince us to believe that MK88 capital appreciation will jump from current 4% (since 2007) to more than 7% from now till 2017?

What exactly did you use to calculate? Perhaps a Speculator instead of calculator.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:41
R u trying to tell us pty px movement is rational n should always follow a pattern n past few years pattern should be same as next few years?

I am not trying to tell you anything. I am asking you how do you expect us to believe that price of MK88 will suddenly double the rate of capital gain from now till 2017?

I am asking, not telling you.

teddybear
04-07-13, 20:42
Why you ask so simple question? You don't know how to calculate hah?

Price appreciation $192,000 (assume 5% price increase per year, very conservative, 600 sqft unit)
+ Rental = $3500 per month compounded at 10% over 4 years = $205,529.
So total gain should be = $397,529!
Wow! Regulator calculated wrong (under-stated the figure by >$100,000)! :p

Ringo33
04-07-13, 20:44
There are 4 reasons why uses Caspian.

1) Caspian is located near JLD, where J Gateway is

2) Caspian is also located next to MRT station, just like J Gateway

3) Caspian is the only TOP condo in the entire JLD that has MM apartment, similar to what we are discussion about 474sqft apartment in J Gateway

4) Lastly, Caspian is the one project which you have many negative things to say, till today.

Ringo33
04-07-13, 21:36
Why you ask so simple question? You don't know how to calculate hah?

Price appreciation $192,000 (assume 5% price increase per year, very conservative, 600 sqft unit)
+ Rental = $3500 per month compounded at 10% over 4 years = $205,529.
So total gain should be = $397,529!
Wow! Regulator calculated wrong (under-stated the figure by >$100,000)! :p

wow since when are you a MM expert? btw, which project are you talking about here? how come the unit size keep getting bigger and bigger?

From 463sqft, to 538sqft and now 600sqft?

No wonder capital gain keep getting bigger.

august
04-07-13, 22:49
Oh so R33 finally revealed he bought a unit at J Gate?

DKSG
04-07-13, 23:12

This forum got so many Office Boy??!!
I thought I am the only Office Boy here !

Office Boys rox !!!

DKSG

teddybear
04-07-13, 23:17
Oh, forgot to tell you, I own a 1 bedder that is about 750 sqft. 600 sqft already very small for a 1 bedder! How to live in a house <600 sqft hah? :banghead:

wow since when are you a MM expert? btw, which project are you talking about here? how come the unit size keep getting bigger and bigger?

From 463sqft, to 538sqft and now 600sqft?

No wonder capital gain keep getting bigger.

Regulators
04-07-13, 23:46
you are office boy with capital 'O', the other one with small letter 'o' :D

This forum got so many Office Boy??!!
I thought I am the only Office Boy here !

Office Boys rox !!!

DKSG

greglhc
04-07-13, 23:55
i hope can rem this thread in 4 years to see who was right lol

Ringo33
05-07-13, 00:23
i hope can rem this thread in 4 years to see who was right lol

Dont need to wait 4 years. Based on Regulators "calculated" projection, a 500sqft 1 bedder MK88 unit which is worth $850,000 today will be worth $1,100,000 in 4 years time.

Which means
2013 - $1700psf
2014 - $1825psf
2015 - $1950psf
2016 - $2075psf
2017 - $2200psf

leesg123
05-07-13, 09:12
Dont need to wait 4 years. Based on Regulators "calculated" projection, a 500sqft 1 bedder MK88 unit which is worth $850,000 today will be worth $1,100,000 in 4 years time.

Which means
2013 - $1700psf
2014 - $1825psf
2015 - $1950psf
2016 - $2075psf
2017 - $2200psfLooks alright :cheers4:

mermaid
05-07-13, 12:26
Looks alright :cheers4:

in 2017 when J Gateway hits $2.2k psf, u finally can sell off yr RV edge at $3k psf liao! :cheers5:

lionhill
05-07-13, 12:41
Looks alright :cheers4:
will you buy at that price? I would rather add some money buy two in the surburb.

smartboy2
05-07-13, 13:15
Ringo33 is not wrong to analyse in terms of the rental ability for JLD.
It is quite likely you will see more PR's hoot that condo once its ready to TOP.

As for capital app, its difficult to project due to the future price the developers set for J gateway.

We all know how the Govt transformed East and now they are bringing it to the West. :)

If you were to profit at 150K-200K (for inflation) after 3 years you should :cheers5:

My thoughts:

These days, the way developers strategize lands for bids all seem to lose the motive for homes.

It feels too commercialise sometimes i think they bid the land (close to MRT, shopping malls) so that they can be sure WE will definitely be tempted to buy. haha

No more of that exclusiveness.

leesg123
05-07-13, 14:13
in 2017 when J Gateway hits $2.2k psf, u finally can sell off yr RV edge at $3k psf liao! :cheers5:
Cheers Sis/bro! :cheers5:

Good for all!

AK47
05-07-13, 18:20
It is safer to buy a resale property.

Capital appreciation for new project that are launch at record prices in its respective area will be limited. Based on statistics from URA, price increase of completed properties in the past few years outpaced uncompleted by a mile. If you are smart enough, you will know uncompleted projects are priced higher and that took away the profits.

If the objective is for rental yield than the argument is even weaker. In the 4 years to completion, instead of collecting rent, you are paying interest. This is opportunity cost wasted as this period is the "golden period" for collecting lucrative rent due to low interest rates environment! In 4 years time I would bet the interest rate would have risen and the yield you projected would mean little if interest is back to 3.5%.

So capital gain or rental play with this project? There are none if you asked me.

sunrise
05-07-13, 19:10

Capital appreciation for new project that are launch at record prices in its respective area will be limited. Based on statistics from URA, price increase of completed properties in the past few years outpaced uncompleted by a mile. If you are smart enough, you will know uncompleted projects are priced higher and that took away the profits.

If the objective is for rental yield than the argument is even weaker. In the 4 years to completion, instead of collecting rent, you are paying interest. This is opportunity cost wasted as this period is the "golden period" for collecting lucrative rent due to low interest rates environment! In 4 years time I would bet the interest rate would have risen and the yield you projected would mean little if interest is back to 3.5%.

So capital gain or rental play with this project? There are none if you asked me.
Well said.

Ringo33
05-07-13, 19:21

Do you have the statistic to how that price of new launches are lagging behind completed ones? Please do remember that between launching and TOP, there are usually very little transaction, hence please dont mistaken that as price no moving. it just that no one is selling.

Ringo33
05-07-13, 19:46
These are 2 charts comparing 100 Trees which is a new launch TOP this year to Carabelle a TOP project. For those eye tah stamp type, please look at the time line before commenting. One chart starts before 09, while the other starts from 2010

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/489/udph.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/403/r6dk.jpg

teddybear
05-07-13, 22:02
So your crapbelle doing very well? :cool:

These are 2 charts comparing 100 Trees which is a new launch TOP this year to Carabelle a TOP project. For those eye tah stamp type, please look at the time line before commenting. One chart starts before 09, while the other starts from 2010

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/489/udph.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/403/r6dk.jpg

Autumnwinds
05-07-13, 22:44

Which means
2013 - $1700psf
2014 - $1825psf
2015 - $1950psf
2016 - $2075psf
2017 - $2200psf

Based on your calculations, my OCR also very near to JLD, meaning I can project it to be 30%less(3 bedder) 1540psf!(very modest):D :D

If your prediction is really zhun, HUAT AH! If in 2017 my OCR development hits 1540, I donate 40psf to charity. :cheers2:

flagship74
05-07-13, 22:59
Based on your calculations, my OCR also very near to JLD, meaning I can project it to be 30%less(3 bedder) 1540psf!(very modest):D :D

If your prediction is really zhun, HUAT AH! If in 2017 my OCR development hits 1540, I donate 40psf to charity. :cheers2:

Li zhun boh? 40psf donate to charity..if not next life u may have to redeem what u have promise million times..:D

Autumnwinds
05-07-13, 23:08
Li zhun boh? 40psf donate to charity..if not next life u may have to redeem what u have promise million times..:D

Sibei Zhun! Currently averaging 1000psf, if really hit 1540psf, I sumpa gua ji gua lumpa donate the excess 40psf to charity! :D :D :D :D :D

AK47
06-07-13, 00:55
Hope you learn something today.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-06a2.pdf

Do you have the statistic to how that price of new launches are lagging behind completed ones? Please do remember that between launching and TOP, there are usually very little transaction, hence please dont mistaken that as price no moving. it just that no one is selling.

Ringo33
06-07-13, 07:21
Hope you learn something today.

Please do not just look at the numbers at face value without understanding the reason behind it.

When someone buy new launches, one of the motivation is that since there are 4 years SSD, I will just buy and sit on it until the project TOP before I sell. So when project is uncompleted or BUC, there will be hardly any subsale or resale transaction. Without transaction, how do you expect prices to keep creeping up etc.

Another reason is behind this could possibly be developers giving discount for uncompleted projects like the D'Leedon

However once project TOP, they will be reclassified as COMPLETED, then there is where the real action begins.

Hence what you said below about risk and lack of capital appreciation is not true

I hope you learn something new today.

Ringo33
06-07-13, 07:28
So your crapbelle doing very well? :cool:

Told you i live in HDB flat liao. And yes, it doesnt have any solid perimeter wall..

hopeful
06-07-13, 07:38
However once project TOP, they will be reclassified as COMPLETED, then there is where the real action begins.

i dont understand what you mean by "reclassified as COMPLETED".

Ringo33
06-07-13, 07:55
i dont understand what you mean by "reclassified as COMPLETED".

The definition of Uncompleted property is project that has not TOP.
When the project TOP, it will be classified Completed.

This is referring to the URA classification.

hopeful
06-07-13, 08:40
The definition of Uncompleted property is project that has not TOP.
When the project TOP, it will be classified Completed.

This is referring to the URA classification.

errr...from the link you quoted, "building project is deemed completed when the Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) in respect of that building is issued by the Commissioner of Building Control and the title of all the
units in the project has been transferred to the purchasers" and not when TOP.

please post the correct link stating that "When the project TOP, it will be classified Completed"

hopeful
06-07-13, 08:46
When someone buy new launches, one of the motivation is that since there are 4 years SSD, I will just buy and sit on it until the project TOP before I sell. So when project is uncompleted or BUC, there will be hardly any subsale or resale transaction. Without transaction, how do you expect prices to keep creeping up etc.

i am confused about the cause of real action.
Is it because of TOP?
Is it because of reclassification as COMPLETED?
Is it because of expiry of 4 year SSD?

lets say some MM TOP within 1 year. so still have 3 year SSD left. will there be any real action?

ecimbew
06-07-13, 09:42
Wah! Everyone seems super bullish. No signs of downturn.

Ringo33
06-07-13, 09:58
i am confused about the cause of real action.
Is it because of TOP?
Is it because of reclassification as COMPLETED?
Is it because of expiry of 4 year SSD?

lets say some MM TOP within 1 year. so still have 3 year SSD left. will there be any real action?

SSD is not related to state of property, its starts when the purchase was made. For any BUC or new launch, the 1st batch of purchase will be done during the launch, and thats where all the best and hottest units are sold to those VVIP buyers. From there one, you will unlikely to see these unit appear in the resale market because of SSD.

Hence its only when the project is TOP and/or after the first batch of owners have escape SSD that you will see the real action in terms of selling and buying.

This is related to AK47 link on URA table which track price movement for uncompleted and completed properties and his argument that new launch property has lower potential for capital gain.

heehee
06-07-13, 10:16
Buy new launch at so high price vs surrounding resale how to make more than resale? We have to factor in:
1. Higher purchase price
2. No rental income for 4 years
3. Yet have to pay interest on loan for 4 years!
What are the additional costs due to 1-3 vs resale?

SSD is not related to state of property, its starts when the purchase was made. For any BUC or new launch, the 1st batch of purchase will be done during the launch, and thats where all the best and hottest units are sold to those VVIP buyers. From there one, you will unlikely to see these unit appear in the resale market because of SSD.

Hence its only when the project is TOP and/or after the first batch of owners have escape SSD that you will see the real action in terms of selling and buying.

This is related to AK47 link on URA table which track price movement for uncompleted and completed properties and his argument that new launch property has lower potential for capital gain.

AK47
06-07-13, 10:19
Hopeful has pointed out TOP is not CSC so I shall not elaborate on that. CSC may take a few years after TOP.

While your comparison of Hundred Trees and Carabelle does seems to be the contrary but I hope you can view things from a broader perspective. Perhaps it is not so clear to see the difference in OCR when the market for both are still buoyant (which may not be so in 4 years). Look at CCR or RCR where the market is rather stagnant and the trend become apparent, uncompleted properties aren't doing very well. Not to mention during market correction, uncompleted properties will fall much sharper than completed ones. This is from experience, I don't have this for you in statistics.

Please do not just look at the numbers at face value without understanding the reason behind it.

Another reason is behind this could possibly be developers giving discount for uncompleted projects like the D'Leedon

Hence what you said below about risk and lack of capital appreciation is not true

I hope you learn something new today.

Ringo33
06-07-13, 10:32
Buy new launch at so high price vs surrounding resale how to make more than resale? We have to factor in:
1. Higher purchase price
2. No rental income for 4 years
3. Yet have to pay interest on loan for 4 years!
What are the additional costs due to 1-3 vs resale?

1) Lets first get the facts right first. J Gateway is the "One and Only" condo located within Jurong Gateway

2) Which surrounding condo are you comparing to? Ivory Height? Westmere? I am asking just to make sure we are comparing apple to apple, else might as well compare HDB across the road.

3) No rental for 4 years, also not much mortgage to service, maintenance to deal with, ppty, income taxes and agents and tenant to deal with. Plus with SSD, buying resale or new launch is the same, cannot cash out after 4 years.

4) You should be asking what is the additional COST and CASH upfront when you buy resale vs new launch.

Ringo33
06-07-13, 10:34
Hopeful has pointed out TOP is not CSC so I shall not elaborate on that. CSC may take a few years after TOP.

While your comparison of Hundred Trees and Carabelle does seems to be the contrary but I hope you can view things from a broader perspective. Perhaps it is not so clear to see the difference in OCR when the market for both are still buoyant (which may not be so in 4 years). Look at CCR or RCR where the market is rather stagnant and the trend become apparent, uncompleted properties aren't doing very well. Not to mention during market correction, uncompleted properties will fall much sharper than completed ones. This is from experience, I don't have this for you in statistics.

As I have already pointed out the reasons as to why uncompleted properties is unlikely to perform better in resale market and the difference between a uncompleted and completed development is only the TOP stamp from BCA.

If you dont believe the impact of SSD, try look back into the past where flipping new launch property was still possible.

DKSG
06-07-13, 11:18

CSC take a few years after TOP?!
Eeerrmmm ... U new to the market? Or long time never take keys to new apt?

DKSG

hopeful
06-07-13, 11:29

DKSG

in your opinion, how long does csc takes after top?

AK47
06-07-13, 12:19
A building project is deemed completed when the Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) in respect of that building is issued by the Commissioner of Building Control and the title of all the units in the project has been transferred to the purchasers.

Not all project a sold out upon TOP. Especially if developer kept some to sell later.

DKSG

teddybear
06-07-13, 12:59
1) Ha ha ha! You are saying J Gateway is the only one condo in Jurong? :doh:
What about Parc Oasis, The Mayfair, Lakeshore, Lakefront, Parc Vista, Caspian, Lake Point,... (wow! So many condos nearby!)

3) No rental but yet need to pay interest on loans! :doh:

4) Cash upfront? You mean you don't need to pay the same cash upfront as buying resale? While paying the progressive payments, you got ZERO rental but still need to pay interests! :rolleyes:

1) Lets first get the facts right first. J Gateway is the "One and Only" condo located within Jurong Gateway

2) Which surrounding condo are you comparing to? Ivory Height? Westmere? I am asking just to make sure we are comparing apple to apple, else might as well compare HDB across the road.

3) No rental for 4 years, also not much mortgage to service, maintenance to deal with, ppty, income taxes and agents and tenant to deal with. Plus with SSD, buying resale or new launch is the same, cannot cash out after 4 years.

4) You should be asking what is the additional COST and CASH upfront when you buy resale vs new launch.

jslee78
06-07-13, 13:23
in your opinion, how long does csc takes after top?
usually one year, but recently, can be a few months. I came across the shortest time gap between TOP and CSC = 2 months about 10 years ago. Even, BCD officers didnot believe it at that time. I Will not name the developer and property here. My most recent encounter is about 5 months.

Ringo33
06-07-13, 13:52
1) Ha ha ha! You are saying J Gateway is the only one condo in Jurong? :doh:
What about Parc Oasis, The Mayfair, Lakeshore, Lakefront, Parc Vista, Caspian, Lake Point,... (wow! So many condos nearby!)

3) No rental but yet need to pay interest on loans! :doh:

4) Cash upfront? You mean you don't need to pay the same cash upfront as buying resale? While paying the progressive payments, you got ZERO rental but still need to pay interests! :rolleyes:

Teddybear, if you are not familiar with Jurong and Jurong Lake District dont anyhow comment or laugh at people lah. Jurong Gateway is within Dist 22, but its not the entire jurong. Go read up more than you can understand.

Ha ha ha??