PDA

View Full Version : When to pay legal fee?

coolchoc
01-07-13, 11:54
When will the buyer be required to pay for the legal fee for BUC transactions?
Upon first appt with the lawyer to sign S&P or nearer TOP / around key collection time?

TIA to all advices by 过来人!

Cheers! :-)

nickq
01-07-13, 12:07
Upon first appt with the lawyer to sign S&P or nearer TOP / around key collection time?

You will need to legal fees when you sign the S&P.

propertyinvestor
01-07-13, 14:47

Don't know whether is it depending on project or legal firm? Couldn't remember when they collected the legal fees in my previous 2 purchases in 2007. looks like around S&P. But my most recent purchase about 2 yrs ago only collect the legal fees during the 40% progressive payment that was only 1 week ago. (i.e. About 2 yrs after S&P)

Regards.

Coolstuff
01-07-13, 22:26
I thot nowadays there's legal fee rebate when sign up for bank loan. I din pay legal fee bcos of this rebate.

propertyinvestor
02-07-13, 06:43
I thot nowadays there's legal fee rebate when sign up for bank loan. I din pay legal fee bcos of this rebate.

Yes. Legal fees will rebate up to 0.5% of the loan. If u took small loan, then u need to pay the difference. Regards.

coolchoc
02-07-13, 18:21
sknow whether is it depending on project or legal firm? Couldn't remember when they collected the legal fees in my previous 2 purchases in 2007. looks like around S&P. But my most recent purchase about 2 yrs ago only collect the legal fees during the 40% progressive payment that was only 1 week ago. (i.e. About 2 yrs after S&P)

Regards.

Thanks for the info.

I suspect it's somewhat case by case basis, depending on different law firms' practice....