PDA

View Full Version : Sad news from seetoh

Werther
30-06-13, 23:34
Another hawker master joins the great hawker centre in the sky, coming in a couple of weeks after the passing of Mr Ng of Eng's wanton mee . Andrew Lim , who has manged his family's Ye Lia Siang cheng tng business at Bedok camp hawker cte all his life, collapsed and passed on suddenly, earlier this week at the food cte while chatting with his brother and customers. He was 57 and cuase of death was hypertensive heart disease. Ironic, but he gives a bowl of cool pleasure that can calm our frayed nerves and stress and he succumbs to this hidden pressure.

I am going to miss his lively and funny demeanour although he was totally unapologetic for selling out earlier almost everyday. His style of cheng tng is a local trademark version and i know many will miss him and the sweet bowl of clear soup dessert. I understand the stall will close till another familiy member inherits that task. he will be cremated today. Rest well in peace and thanks for the sweet memories Andrew.

azeoprop
01-07-13, 00:08
OMG! My condolences.... :(

CondoInterested
01-07-13, 00:35
His big bowl special Ching Tng is my favourite and can top up somemore. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

mcmlxxvi
01-07-13, 07:57
A huge loss. May he rest in peace knowing his work is widely loved.

hopeful
01-07-13, 09:44
Another hawker master joins the great hawker centre in the sky, coming in a couple of weeks after the passing of Mr Ng of Eng's wanton mee . Andrew Lim , who has manged his family's Ye Lia Siang cheng tng business at Bedok camp hawker cte all his life, collapsed and passed on suddenly, earlier this week at the food cte while chatting with his brother and customers. He was 57 and cuase of death was hypertensive heart disease. Ironic, but he gives a bowl of cool pleasure that can calm our frayed nerves and stress and he succumbs to this hidden pressure.

does eating/tasting cheng tng everyday cause hypertensive heart disease?
i assume he tasted his cheng tng everyday to confirmed that his cheng tng taste is just right.

bakasa2002
01-07-13, 10:41
The boss that is preparing the cheng tng is always chatty and cracking jokes for his regulars, though his wife look rather fierce at times. I will miss him ... Been patronizing his stall when I was a kid ...

Hope his cheng tng lives on ... Definitely one of the the best in Singapore with the 'ice pebbles' and glass bowl they serve the dish with ...

phantom_opera
01-07-13, 11:00
Did I warn in another thread that human natural age is 52 unless u have gene of LKY?? And we were still talking about this guy chng teng not long ago

live a life while u can

radha08
01-07-13, 11:49
God bless nice guy always joking...he used to
Collect rolex watches...

radha08
01-07-13, 12:02
http://ieatishootipost.sg/2007/02/yue-lai-xiang-cheng-tng-this-is-one.html?m=1

moneytalk
01-07-13, 12:48
. Been patronizing his stall when I was a kid ...

Same here. Patronized his stall (started by his grandma) since I was a school kid too.

Over the years, I came to realize that he had very admirable qualities. He was very hard working, cheerful, patient, tolerant, slow to anger and could take a lot of nonsense from difficult people. He was really a people's person, who loved the world.

He was also humble and very generous. He did not forget a small favour or kindness shown to him, Once or twice, I did something really small, it was really so easy and not out of my way and I don't consider it a favour. He felt so indebted and gave me free cheng tngs from then onwards, which was over 10 years.

His wife "look rather fierce?"--- I always thought that he was so blessed to have such a good temperament and hardworking wife. Looked at how tirelessly she worked in the background, very calm, no noise and no angry words in busy stressful periods. Occasionally she would look at him and smiled at his corny jokes and sometimes "embarrassing demeanour." That's what I called a good spouse---a very accepting person who let him be himself. She doesn't criticise his ways or tried to change him.

Contrast the late Andrew's behavior to a fish stall hawker at Amoy Street. The fish soup doesn't come cheap and yet they treat the customers like dirt. I witnessed shouting matches a few times and these hawkers really behave as though customers should be thankful and grateful for their fish soup.

Yes Andrew, we will miss you as you had taught us not to take ourselves too seriously. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you! :D :D :D

But now, only you are laughing, as you had gone quickly and painlessly to a better world while we are left here mourning at the loss of an unforgettable character. Needless to say, we will miss your cheng tngs as only you had a talent for making delicious cheng tngs and you are irreplaceable.

3C
01-07-13, 13:34
Another reason to own a PC and enjoy while you still alive & healthy - if you can afford

alamak
01-07-13, 15:48

I am going to miss his lively and funny demeanour although he was totally unapologetic for selling out earlier almost everyday. His style of cheng tng is a local trademark version and i know many will miss him and the sweet bowl of clear soup dessert. I understand the stall will close till another familiy member inherits that task. he will be cremated today. Rest well in peace and thanks for the sweet memories Andrew.

Chey, for a moment I thot Sjitoh Yin Pin has bad new for Potong Paisr !!

How can that be ?? I thot the commercial & residential plot is taken out of GLS sale programme.

Anyway, deepest condolence to family. Hawkers work very hard on long hours almost 7 days a week to earn their every dollar n cents without breaks and holiday .. unlike some MIWs TCSS also get million dollars salary.

radha08
01-07-13, 17:05
i believe seetoh is kf seetoh the guru of hawker food...

latour
01-07-13, 17:40
RIP, sad to hear that. Another lost for D16 - food hero family.

fiat500
01-07-13, 18:28
RIP Andrew ...
Have always enjoyed yr cheng tng n occasional chit chats on rolex vintage sports watches..
:cheers4:

minority
01-07-13, 23:37
RIP.. one of my fav food at that hawker center.