PDA

View Full Version : Sky Habitat vs. J-Gateway

Ringo33
25-06-13, 20:06
Which project do you think will sold out first?

yowetan
25-06-13, 20:07
Hi...I like both projects but I hope the crash will make them affordable to the public.

august
25-06-13, 21:07
prefer Sky Habitat as it is more live-able.

Komo
25-06-13, 21:15
Not comparable at all:D

3C
25-06-13, 21:42
See which project cut down to $1200 psf first

bakasa2002
25-06-13, 21:48
Not comparable at all:D

Which is your preferred choice?

princess_morbucks
25-06-13, 21:50
I want both!
J gateway for renting out.
Sky habitat for own stay.

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 23:23
both mark the peak of OCR projects ;) 1br quantum small still can lah

Regulators
26-06-13, 00:16
Sky habitat in a much better location as it is more centralised

jslee78
26-06-13, 06:39
Bishan's appeal and growth driver is RI, while that of JLD is the new CBD factor. Bishan can be considered as young matured estate, while JLD is the new growth centre. Growth wise, JLD will move faster, as it has more reserved land and with stronger government drive. On the other hand, there is a lack of growth catalyse in Bishan after its price has reached its peak. In term of comparison based on individual condominium merit, SKY habitat is a better quality product in term of convenience and living environment.One for owner stay and another for rental. I will not buy Sky habitat because it has 2 larger than normal, double balconies per unit, nor J-gateway because of its compact and crowded living enivironment and the lack of unique "price-mover" appeal.

RCT
26-06-13, 06:52
Hahahaha... Let see if all the major banks will move to Jurong together with SGX to form the new CBD there.... Jurong is always Jurong... Shenton way will always be CBD... They will only be one Wall Street..

CondoInterested
26-06-13, 08:08
Hi...I like both projects but I hope the crash will make them affordable to the public.
SH agent mailer sent to my mail box already says from $1300. It has crashed and why are you still waiting for?

CondoInterested
26-06-13, 08:11
SH is better. Although both near MRT, but Bishan is in the middle of Singapore.

minority
26-06-13, 08:30
SH agent mailer sent to my mail box already says from $1300. It has crashed and why are you still waiting for?

likly thats for the large units.

lionhill
26-06-13, 08:55
In terms of psf, SH is attractive compared with many surburb condoes, like
urban vista, hillview peak, etc.

but there are two balcanies in the units of SH, right?

Ringo33
26-06-13, 09:35
In terms of psf, SH is attractive compared with many surburb condoes, like
urban vista, hillview peak, etc.

but there are two balcanies in the units of SH, right?

SH interior finishing is worth than J Gateway for sure. What psf are you referring to? discounted?

Komo
26-06-13, 09:36
bishan area is proven to be very resilient. upside also there. also foreign player can't match up to local. these few locals are in a different class. if need to compare I will compare centro to sh

Lovelle
26-06-13, 09:41
i agree, bishan demand is always there both foreign and local. The local demand is even higher just that SH is marketed by crapland. If it is FEO it would be sold out.

Crapland also paid similar price for the plot of land next to SH.

lionhill
26-06-13, 09:50
So, the moral is good-selling project may not be good for the buyer, while poor selling data does mean the proejct lacks appreciation potential.

lionhill
26-06-13, 10:30
SH interior finishing is worth than J Gateway for sure. What psf are you referring to? discounted?
I am refering to the price quoted in property guru.

Nman
26-06-13, 11:00
SH developer tender land psf more expenssive, capital land more popular that all

amk
26-06-13, 12:06
SH is ... Although both near MRT..

SH is right next to MRT. and underground station some more, no track noise.
for own stay no brainer.

for investment, SH design is not "investment" friendly. Hope the next one by CAPL next door is better. Dump all these ang mo silly flashy designs. what "garden in the sky" :rolleyes:

CondoWE
26-06-13, 15:43

Me too...hope the crash will help me to buy the Sentosa Cove bungalow :D :D :D !

chiaberry
26-06-13, 16:05
for own stay no brainer.

for investment, SH design is not "investment" friendly. Hope the next one by CAPL next door is better. Dump all these ang mo silly flashy designs. what "garden in the sky" :rolleyes:

Yes please build functional efficient lay-out units and they should sell well given the location and amenities here.

princess_morbucks
26-06-13, 17:03
Me too...hope the crash will help me to buy the Sentosa Cove bungalow :D :D :D !

LOL.... in that case, I also hope for a crash to buy a GCB in D10:D !

kane
26-06-13, 19:14
for own stay no brainer.

their standard design units not too bad. only those so called sky patio ones kinda off.

NO_7
26-06-13, 19:18
Look like these 2 projects had priced out of reach for many HDB upgraders.
SH is in RCR, it looks more attractive than JG.

Ringo33
26-06-13, 19:23
Look like these 2 projects had priced out of reach for many HDB upgraders.
SH is in RCR, it looks more attractive than JG.

will see the take up rate.

gilaone
26-06-13, 20:04
for own stay no brainer.

I do not think SH is really "next" to MRT. It is walkable to MRT though. I do not have any feeling on Bishan. With 1600+ psf, will get east coast instead.

NO_7
26-06-13, 20:25
In term of price range they r comparing SH with D'leedon, n the later did well in their sale for past few months. JG should take UV, Watertown, Hillion or Bedok Res as a gauge as they r OCR project situated next to MRT. The ultimate test will be on investor pocket depth and upgrader risk appetite, 50% cash means no pain no gain, interesting to see who got the foresight.

Allthepies
26-06-13, 21:03
:sleep:
In term of price range they r comparing SH with D'leedon, n the later did well in their sale for past few months. JG should take UV, Watertown, Hillion or Bedok Res as a gauge as they r OCR project situated next to MRT. The ultimate test will be on investor pocket depth and upgrader risk appetite, 50% cash means no pain no gain, interesting to see who got the foresight.

Whether SH, JG, they are all mass market condos la...

Ringo33
26-06-13, 22:07
:sleep:

Whether SH, JG, they are all mass market condos la...

located right next to HDB.

minority
26-06-13, 23:42
LOL.... in that case, I also hope for a crash to buy a GCB in D10:D !

I wish there crash I can buy my own island. LOL

Regulators
26-06-13, 23:52
This is within your budget, only 240k euros, sell all ur singapore properties and u can live there for good :D

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/island-near-funzi

I wish there crash I can buy my own island. LOL

CondoInterested
27-06-13, 07:24
Tsunami come how?

csgan97
27-06-13, 12:31
Why not compare with echelon?

lionhill
27-06-13, 12:55
Why not compare with echelon?
Compare with Echelon in terms of rental yield, I think J-G will win.

of course, if one says again Echelon is OCR/RCR, this surburb, I give in.

DKSG
27-06-13, 13:35
I think SH and Jurong comparison is a no brainer...

SH is certainly superior!!
At the same price, most people will pick SH !

DKSG

Ringo33
27-06-13, 13:45
I think SH and Jurong comparison is a no brainer...

SH is certainly superior!!
At the same price, most people will pick SH !

DKSG

For now Bishan will be more superior due to its location, but 5 years down the road, things might change actually. Even Ismail from Propnex say that JLD is going to be the next Bishan.

Honestly if Capland would to shrink their average unit size, think their PSF would have been higher.

smellyfish
27-06-13, 14:08
unit size quite different right?

1600psf for jurong is like headlines no., but their units are tiny.

D leedon also 1400-1600 psf for majority of their units, but all are big.

Ringo33
27-06-13, 20:21
Asia’s leading property portal PropertyGuru and CapitaLand are jointly organising a seminar at the Sky Habitat Show Suite next to Bishan MRT station this Saturday (29 June).

The event will feature two key speakers: Keith Cheong, Head of Research & Analytics, PropertyGuru Group, will discuss “Understanding the Property Values of City Fringe Projects”, while Desmond Chua, Head of LoanGuru, PropertyGuru Group, will talk about “Securing the Best Mortgage Financing Solution”.

Participants will get a chance to learn more about Sky Habitat, a residential development in District 20. The iconic project is designed by Moshe Safdie, whose works include Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands and Habitat 67 in Montreal, Canada.

Bishan estate is now undergoing a transformation with high-end condos and landed properties springing up. While offering proximity to the city centre and good amenities such as schools and transport links, the location is still tranquil thanks to the nearby Bishan Park and River Plains.

Those who are interested can register online at: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/events-skyhabitat

DKSG
27-06-13, 23:56
For now Bishan will be more superior due to its location, but 5 years down the road, things might change actually. Even Ismail from Propnex say that JLD is going to be the next Bishan.

Honestly if Capland would to shrink their average unit size, think their PSF would have been higher.

Sorry, no offense, your thinking is a bit warp if you think Jurong will be at the same or higher price in future compared to Bishan.

The Theory of Concentration will always prevail!

DKSG

Ringo33
28-06-13, 03:38
Sorry, no offense, your thinking is a bit warp if you think Jurong will be at the same or higher price in future compared to Bishan.

The Theory of Concentration will always prevail!

DKSG
If we compare the overall quantum LH condo, Bishan will of course be higher, but in terms of psf, JLD could possible be higher because there will be stronger rental demand for compact size apartment.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 15:31
Score is out. J Gateway 1 Sky Habitat 0

chestnut
30-06-13, 15:45
Score is out. J Gateway 1 Sky Habitat 0

1/2 time score or full time score????

Hahahahahaha

kane
30-06-13, 20:45
1/2 time score or full time score????

Hahahahahaha
isn't property a game of never ending halves? hahaha.

ecimbew
30-06-13, 21:04
Actually Sky Habitat is such a let down.

chestnut
30-06-13, 21:17
isn't property a game of never ending halves? hahaha.

Brudder, this is full time score for developer leh...

For the owners of the unit, no resale yet. Most probably will know result in 4 years time.

:cheers4:

Ringo33
30-06-13, 22:07
Brudder, this is full time score for developer leh...

For the owners of the unit, no resale yet. Most probably will know result in 4 years time.

:cheers4:

SH owners will have to deal with many new supplies from neighboring sites, some of which havent launch yet. While JG will have to deal with many more businesses moving into JLD. You think who will win lah?

chestnut
01-07-13, 09:25
SH owners will have to deal with many new supplies from neighboring sites, some of which havent launch yet. While JG will have to deal with many more businesses moving into JLD. You think who will win lah?

Bro, honestly..... The big winner is the one who bought in early lah....

Those who bot centris, lakeshore, etc... are the winners...

Let me give you an example :

Those who bot sail and those who bot Marina bay residence, who is the winner????

Another example :
Those who bought metropolitan and those who bought echelon, who is the winner????

Those who bought early are the winners.....

Those who buy today have limited upside in terms of capital gains... What the govt wants, what the govt gets.... So what is the goal of the govt in terms of private property prices????

So buying today is hedging against inflation, not so much great capital gains.....

Yes, I diverted abit.... Just sharing my thots....

Cheers.....:cheers3::cheers3::cheers3::cheers3:

Ringo33
01-07-13, 09:56
Bro, honestly..... The big winner is the one who bought in early lah....

Those who bot centris, lakeshore, etc... are the winners...

Let me give you an example :

Those who bot sail and those who bot Marina bay residence, who is the winner????

Another example :
Those who bought metropolitan and those who bought echelon, who is the winner????

Those who bought early are the winners.....

Those who buy today have limited upside in terms of capital gains... What the govt wants, what the govt gets.... So what is the goal of the govt in terms of private property prices????

So buying today is hedging against inflation, not so much great capital gains.....

Yes, I diverted abit.... Just sharing my thots....

Cheers.....:cheers3::cheers3::cheers3::cheers3:

Yes and no. Why? Because JLD development plan is for about 10 to 15 years and whenever a new project TOPed, it will add value to the area hence boosting its property price. For investment, I think its always important to buy into a projects which has got plenty of development activities because such activities help to elevate the profile of the township hence boosting demands.

Plus lets not forget that there was no J Gateway type of lifestyle product offering before J Gateway in Jurong area. So it will be the first of its kind in JLD, not to mention sitting on the most valuable and strategic location along Jurong Gateway.

Very soon, URA will release another plot next to J Gateway for tender, and then you will see the PSF price is going to sky rocket again.

chestnut
01-07-13, 10:46
Yes and no. Why? Because JLD development plan is for about 10 to 15 years and whenever a new project TOPed, it will add value to the area hence boosting its property price. For investment, I think its always important to buy into a projects which has got plenty of development activities because such activities help to elevate the profile of the township hence boosting demands.

Plus lets not forget that there was no J Gateway type of lifestyle product offering before J Gateway in Jurong area. So it will be the first of its kind in JLD, not to mention sitting on the most valuable and strategic location along Jurong Gateway.

Very soon, URA will release another plot next to J Gateway for tender, and then you will see the PSF price is going to sky rocket again.

Bro, yes and no....

If your age catching up with you, buying would be alrite lah..... But within that 10-15 years, expect a recession.... if you are young with time on your side, then I recommend waiting for recession (especially if you looking at investment property).... if you are 35, recession strikes in 10 years time (just example hor), than at 45 you buy cheap, your loan can last say 20 years, then you have to ask yourself is it ok??? Actually, there is no magic answer, just need to see how solid your finances are....

But if you 40 today and dont get in for your investment, then 10 years time recession strike, how to buy @ 50???? unless you have accumulated a lot of bullets and you take a loan of say 15 years (cannot remember until how old you can loan to)....

I think Jurong got potential lah.... but buying at high price means less potential upside.... If buy resale say Faber Crest @ say 1k psf, maybe got more potential???? I really out of property market liao so my discussion here, you need to do discount of 50%... I quite happy with my portfolio of properties and will liquidate 1 soon.... I believe every instrument has a time to grow and I am not too highly strung on properties.... Different priorities now...

Cheers

:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5: