25-06-13, 10:52
China-A, Dow, 5-10y UST/SGS, REITs, HSI blah blah

Way way oversold ...

not a good sign, Dow@14k to come :scared-3:

China-A 1,950 玩完??

http://img2.quotes.ws.126.net/chart/newstimechart2/0000001.png

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
25-06-13, 10:57
Is there a site or page that gives a good daily overview graphs of global key markets bro ghost?

bargain hunter
25-06-13, 11:07
pardon me bro but i'm confused. very very way way oversold, doesn't that mean rebound is near? why is it not a good sign?

or u mean that the downtrend momentum is so strong that it will keep going down?

Way way oversold ...

China-A 1,950 玩完??

cbsh38584
25-06-13, 11:11

Way way oversold ...

China-A 1,950 玩完??

There is fear in the market. There will be a margin call if it continue to drop. When margin call comes, there will be a panic selling. This will be the time to pick up some good stocks. Don't use all your bullets. I do not hv enough bullets to buy stock unless I reduce my bond holdings.

rdgs,
Vic

harislukman
25-06-13, 11:13
tightening fiscal. not bubble burst! time to accumulate. maybe will go down a little more if Federal reserve reduce the bond buying program.

star
25-06-13, 12:10
China is pressurising US to continue it's bond buying programme. China will lower it's consumption globally. US may release bad economic data when china reduce it's consumption. Bond buying goes on.

indomie
25-06-13, 12:22
China is pressurising US to continue it's bond buying programme. China will lower it's consumption globally. US may release bad economic data when china reduce it's consumption. Bond buying goes on.
That's exactly it

Amber Woods
25-06-13, 12:32
China is experiencing cash crunch and credit crunch given that the Chinese government is determined to tame informal lending and slow credit growth. The People Bank of China is not doing what the US has failed by fuelling the market with more liquidity. A slower China is good for their internal restructuring but not good for the world. China is not going to help the US and the world and the US cannot go on printing more money. We are facing some difficult moments now and may well get worst before it gets better.

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 12:42
-74.55 -3.80%

So AUSPICIOUS # .. bro blackjack will like this !!!

consolidation is over .... bear market liao for China

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 12:43
pardon me bro but i'm confused. very very way way oversold, doesn't that mean rebound is near? why is it not a good sign?

or u mean that the downtrend momentum is so strong that it will keep going down?

lack of rebound under such oversold condition reminds me of 2008 :scared-4:

Allthepies
25-06-13, 12:50
exited most non-key position
preparing to accumulate bit by bit :D

Amber Woods
25-06-13, 13:47
The market right now is not for the weak player. Stay clear for the average investors.

indomie
25-06-13, 14:02
China is experiencing cash crunch and credit crunch given that the Chinese government is determined to tame informal lending and slow credit growth. The People Bank of China is not doing what the US has failed by fuelling the market with more liquidity. A slower China is good for their internal restructuring but not good for the world. China is not going to help the US and the world and the US cannot go on printing more money. We are facing some difficult moments now and may well get worst before it gets better.
I don't know how long the slump in commodities will continue. However this situation suit china's global resources acquisition strategy. When will china push the pedal back on? China is not in a hurry to do that. There are plenty of global resources yet to be acquired.

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 14:28
-74.55 -3.80%

So AUSPICIOUS # .. bro blackjack will like this !!!

consolidation is over .... bear market liao for China

indeed quite auspicious ... losses recovered in the afternoon :p

got chance to test 1949

moneytalk
25-06-13, 14:35
exited most non-key position
preparing to accumulate bit by bit :D

If it keeps on dropping in the next 2 days, I will buy too for a quick play. There should be a technical rebound.

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 14:43
impressive ... I think China government-backed fund probably entered the market

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 15:07
Temasek warns over liquidity shortfall

The Singapore wealth fund says the policies being pursued by central banks in the developed world would further slow growth in emerging markets

=> is Singapore GDP growth going to be revised down to 0-1% :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
25-06-13, 15:23
have rebound leh. counted?

lack of rebound under such oversold condition reminds me of 2008 :scared-4:

Werther
25-06-13, 15:29
Hello bros

If die die I want to buy, what wld be a good buy today?

1) amara
2) keppel corp
3) sph
4) oue
5) thai bev
6) singtel
7) mapletree gcc

Any advise:)

moneytalk
25-06-13, 15:42
Hello bros

1) amara
2) keppel corp
3) sph
4) oue
5) thai bev
6) singtel
7) mapletree gcc

I want to qualify that I am no expert. I always buy on my gut feel and am too lazy to study and read financial reports. This is only tcss.

For quick play, I will buy DBS and keppel corp. The prices are still high.
If you are the safe type, sph and singtel. In 2009, I bought singtel at below $2. In 2011, I paid $2.88.
For Sph, I bought it at $2.66 in 2009 and it dropped to around $2.30.

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 15:44
have rebound leh. counted?

counted .. should "stabilize" for a while

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/_4ksO4d2_MlpbREZ_wgfGw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NjI0O2NyPTE7Y3c9NTQwO2R4PTA7ZHk9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0yMjA7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/images/HK_AFTP_TheSun_H_LIVE/0625-00434-014b1_original.jpg

Werther
25-06-13, 15:46
Thanks Moneytalk.

So sph went so low to 2.30... Hmm now still slight above $4. Shd I wait..?

Singtel I heard results coming out of Myanmar on 28 June, if they can get the telco tender, I guess their price will move up...

I am still pondering what to buy now...

sherlock
25-06-13, 15:52
Its like a roller-coaster today... Up down up down up

moneytalk
25-06-13, 15:54
Thanks Moneytalk.

Singtel I heard results coming out of Myanmar on 28 June, if they can get the telco tender, I guess their price will move up...

If you like, buy one lot first and then average down. At today's price, after 18 cts distribution, should be below $4.

Don't know whether stocks will go down to 2009 level as I remember buying F&N at $1.99, Asia Pacific Brewery at $10.80, keppel corp at around $6 and sgx at $4 plus in 2009.

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 16:43
looks like PBOC is serious about killing property market

H-share property counter "flash crash"

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=0960.HK&t=6m&q=l&l=on&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-SG&region=SG

Werther
25-06-13, 16:50
If you like, buy one lot first and then average down. At today's price, after 18 cts distribution, should be below $4.

Don't know whether stocks will go down to 2009 level as I remember buying F&N at $1.99, Asia Pacific Brewery at $10.80, keppel corp at around $6 and sgx at $4 plus in 2009.

Hello Moneytalk,

You mean if I buy sph now, I can get 0.18 cents dividend? I didn't see CD on sph.. I think I will buy some now...

Allthepies
25-06-13, 20:30
Hello bros

1) amara
2) keppel corp
3) sph
4) oue
5) thai bev
6) singtel
7) mapletree gcc

the one with many vowels :) good luck.

princess_morbucks
25-06-13, 21:48
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/25/us-markets-china-idUSBRE95O05E20130625

China's central bank seeks to allay fears of credit crunch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So tomorrow, stock market will be green again?

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 23:19
we are truly living in central bank liquidity driven era .. all technical/fundamental analysis all "discounted"

PBOC just does not want 5% crash daily ... but it is safe to assume they want higher SHIBOR to stay

moneytalk
26-06-13, 09:42
Thanks Moneytalk.

My hunch is singtel will get the Myanmar contract and I think the market knows it. Sph 18 cts distribution is when they ipo the reit.

Werther, buy good stocks and buy within your means.Check the highs and lows. As long as you buy at prices below the middle, you should be ok. Even if the prices drop, the yearly dividends can mitigate your losses. If you are young and with time on your hands, after many many years, the shares become free.

Don't follow my footsteps when I was young. I bought speculative, exciting, gambling stocks and went into negative territory. Fortunately I was young and didn't have much to lose but I learned valuable lessons. You will think that the longer you hold stocks, the chances for recouping losses will be better.

Absolutely NOT TRUE. I am still holding and after more than 30 years, some are delisted while others are still worth lesser than 10 cts in today's market.

Don't borrow but save your money and buy better shares. Good luck in your share investment. Wealth is not accumulated overnight and it took me more than 30 years.

I don't consider myself wealthy but money is not my priority now as I can't bring it with me to the netherworld.

Health and good family relationships are most important to me.

Laguna
26-06-13, 10:41
Don't follow my footsteps when I was young. I bought speculative, exciting, gambling stocks and went into negative territory. Fortunately I was young and didn't have much to lose but I learned valuable lessons. You will think that the longer you hold stocks, the chances for recouping losses will be better.

Absolutely NOT TRUE. I am still holding and after more than 30 years, some are delisted while others are still worth lesser than 10 cts in today's market.

Don't borrow but save your money and buy better shares. Good luck in your share investment. Wealth is not accumulated overnight and it took me more than 30 years.

I don't consider myself wealthy but money is not my priority now as I can't bring it with me to the netherworld.

Health and good family relationships are most important to me.

It is good that Money Talk shared her valuable experience. We need to have people like you, Vic, ghost...and many others to share.

We only have one mouth, not much we can eat. Now, I can only eat very selectively....how much we can spend...is also limited. That is why I told my children, I am now spending their money.

For me now, children still matter the most to me, my health and happiness come after that.

At one time, I asked many people, which matter the most to you? health, happiness or wealth? most answered is health...For me, is happiness.

cbsh38584
26-06-13, 11:12
Hello bros

1) amara
2) keppel corp
3) sph
4) oue
5) thai bev
6) singtel
7) mapletree gcc

I am not sure whether the below mention investment ideas suit U. Pls check with U qualify banker for further advise.

1. Schroder Asian growth - More growth. Risk is spread across asia. est 9% return since 1991.

2. SPH - More like fixed income 4-5%. More safety.

3. SMRT - Potential capital gain once all MRT issues resolve + reit potential.
Already at low price. Maybe wait for the next earning announcement. Need to hold at least 2-4 yrs. Do U hv the patience?

4.Use SRS acct maybe S$5k to S$8k to buy Genting retail perp bond. Price 1.017. Est 5% yield to call 2022. If not call in 2022,yield to call 2032>6%. Are U Ok with 5% & your $$$ can be taken out at the age 62 unless U are willing to pay a penalty for early withdrawal.

5.HK2823. Shanghai A-share. HK$8.88 Already at 2008 crisis price. If U believe in China for the next 10 yrs. Take some risk to buy & keep.

6. Ascnedas HT (0.865)- Aberdeen asset mgmt. bought >17m shares. Just follow them ?

7. Suntec reit (1.51) - Nav is 2.00. Singapore retail and office landlord Suntec REIT (SGX:T82U)) is now part of the STI reserve list effective from 24 June. This takes the number of REITs in the five member reserve list to three. The other two REITs are Ascendas REIT (SGX:A17U) and CapitaCommercial Trust.

8. Hyflux - The whole is shortage of water. Need to study why it keep dropping. potential growth but Execution risk.

etc etc etc.

zzz1
26-06-13, 11:25
Hyflux faces technology challenges, new products that is cheaper, better and most importantly use less energy (running costs) are taking good share from them...

phantom_opera
26-06-13, 11:50
I would never recommend individual stocks .. .what if it is the next China Aviation Oil ??? Many ppl are not aware stock has "big drawdown risk" that can happen overnight :(

Just stick to corp bonds, STI ETF or China-A ETF would be my suggestion

phantom_opera
26-06-13, 12:03
even gold/silver .. big drawdown can happen faster than your stop loss

http://silverprice.org/charts/history/silver_2_year_o_usd.png

princess_morbucks
26-06-13, 15:19
3. SMRT - Potential capital gain once all MRT issues resolve + reit potential.
Already at low price. Maybe wait for the next earning announcement. Need to hold at least 2-4 yrs. Do U hv the patience?

Really, SMRT has reit potential?
Do they have any building or intend to buy?
Please share.

Suntec reit (1.51) - Nav is 2.00. Singapore retail and office landlord Suntec REIT (SGX:T82U)) is now part of the STI reserve list effective from 24 June. This takes the number of REITs in the five member reserve list to three. The other two REITs are Ascendas REIT (SGX:A17U) and CapitaCommercial Trust.

What does this mean?
What is this reserve list?

TIA :) .

phantom_opera
26-06-13, 15:59
Gold/silver bloodbath today ...1,200 support level will be tested soon for gold ... I will speculate that there is a chance for gold to go as low as 9xx within the next 12m

Silver is super risky... imagine those who bought near 40USD, now only 18USD

bargain hunter
26-06-13, 16:18
in contrast, hang seng index very strong. sti catching up.

Gold/silver bloodbath today ...1,200 support level will be tested soon for gold ... I will speculate that there is a chance for gold to go as low as 9xx within the next 12m

Komo
26-06-13, 16:33
not too sure whether current market is called oversold. but certainly some people/funds are dumping :)

phantom_opera
26-06-13, 16:44
at the end, ppl got burnt left/right with gold/silver/junk bond, realize that only can invest in - property and blue chips and high quality bonds lol

property market will then chiong again :rolleyes:

Komo
26-06-13, 16:45
For me now, children still matter the most to me, my health and happiness come after that.

At one time, I asked many people, which matter the most to you? health, happiness or wealth? most answered is health...For me, is happiness.
Agree happiness and family is everything. don't need a lot of money for that.
don't quarrel with spouse anymore. don't scold or cane children anymore... just hug them:D

Werther
27-06-13, 00:10
Hi People

Thanks all for your kind advice.

I did put on q some counters which some have mentioned but I guessed I am kiasi this round, didn't hit my price...sigh.. Otherwise can make some coffee money today. I am kiasi cos I am still licking my losses which I bought too earlier during the initial correction few weeks ago.

I guessed I m a little impulsive/impatient ( sorry, cbsh, not easy to be stay patience... been too patience for too long liao) cos cash sitting in bank earning peanuts, so I decided to get some excitements and punts this round...luckily I made a little few months ago.. Still sitting on profits for now....but slowing depleting... If those counters i bought continued to move south..

Maybe I shd quickly go buy a property but thinking of having to pay ABSD, very heartache but if money in bank continue to be eroded due to inflation...how? I shd continue to wait.?

So sad when I heard chancery garden went enbloc, I used to have a friend stayed there, it is a very lovely and quaint estate, 10 units...seldom got sellers...now no more hope to buy there any more.:banghead:

hyenergix
27-06-13, 06:17
at the end, ppl got burnt left/right with gold/silver/junk bond, realize that only can invest in - property and blue chips and high quality bonds lol

property market will then chiong again :rolleyes:

Property (FH/999LH) that is not too expensive (< $1mil) is a lot safer as the building will always be there for you to use, rent out or sell. Property also gives prestige/status and satisfaction to the owners. A bit of gold and silver is good for war time contingency. Stocks and bonds are very prone to manipulation by other traders or company failure. The only problem with Singapore property now is the exorbitant taxes.

Secretariat
27-06-13, 07:59
Property (FH/999LH) that is not too expensive (< $1mil) is a lot safer as the building will always be there for you to use, rent out or sell. Property also gives prestige/status and satisfaction to the owners. A bit of gold and silver is good for war time contingency. Stocks and bonds are very prone to manipulation by other traders or company failure. The only problem with Singapore property now is the exorbitant taxes.

The price action of Gold is saying, the future is deflationary instead of inflationary.

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers!

indomie
27-06-13, 08:11
The price action of Gold is saying, the future is deflationary instead of inflationary.

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers!
China deflationary Vs. US inflationary. In the end who will win?

hyenergix
27-06-13, 09:54

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers!

So far things only seem to get a lot more expensive as the years pass by. The only time there were real deflation I can remember was very briefly in Q4 2008 - Q1 2009 during global financial crisis. However the economic recovery with super inflation wiped off all the discounts and things became a lot more expensive.

It will be good if my cup of coffee goes back to $0.70 from current $1.20, and I can buy a bowl of noodles for $2.00 instead of $3.00 now. With minimum wage, restriction in foreign labour, higher taxes, more rich immigrants, less land available, higher land prices etc, the next few years will still be inflationary for Singapore.

princess_morbucks
27-06-13, 11:21
Actually I am very worried about the situation in China.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323689204578569351878067378.html

phantom_opera
27-06-13, 11:34
I don't think bull market is over in US... it climbs walls of worries

kane
27-06-13, 11:41

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers!

gold was an overbought theme. USD strength is possibly coming back. and equitiesmight be a better bet as there is yield to be had.

Secretariat
27-06-13, 12:10
So far things only seem to get a lot more expensive as the years pass by. The only time there were real deflation I can remember was very briefly in Q4 2008 - Q1 2009 during global financial crisis. However the economic recovery with super inflation wiped off all the discounts and things became a lot more expensive.

It will be good if my cup of coffee goes back to $0.70 from current $1.20, and I can buy a bowl of noodles for $2.00 instead of $3.00 now. With minimum wage, restriction in foreign labour, higher taxes, more rich immigrants, less land available, higher land prices etc, the next few years will still be inflationary for Singapore.

The price of Gold, as it climbed to USD1,800, anticipated the QEs before they happened, and the inflationary impact of the QEs, as your examples illustrated amongst other asset classes especially real estate in this part of the world.

But now, it is saying deflation for the future.

The price of Gold moved dramatically down, about 1-2 months ahead of the recent selloffs in equity and bond worldwide, and yesterday's plunge below the well-studied producer price should be significant.

Cheers!

Secretariat
27-06-13, 12:18
gold was an overbought theme. USD strength is possibly coming back. and equitiesmight be a better bet as there is yield to be had.

The concept of overbought or oversold is just what the newspapers would write to 'explain' why the price of an instrument is up or down during a session.

USD is supposingly setup for an uptrend, but it was sold off during the recent equity and bond selloffs. Quite a few traders were surprised, and wondered something not in their radar is taking place.

Cheers!

Secretariat
27-06-13, 12:21
I don't think bull market is over in US... it climbs walls of worries

If you read charts, then you would have to be worried.

Especially for the charts of SSE, HSI, Nikkei, etc

Cheers!

hyenergix
27-06-13, 12:49
The price of Gold, as it climbed to USD1,800, anticipated the QEs before they happened, and the inflationary impact of the QEs, as your examples illustrated amongst other asset classes especially real estate in this part of the world.

But now, it is saying deflation for the future.

The price of Gold moved dramatically down, about 1-2 months ahead of the recent selloffs in equity and bond worldwide, and yesterday's plunge below the well-studied producer price should be significant.

Cheers!

Thanks. Hard to imagine things will be cheaper in Singapore. Even GSS seems so fake.

phantom_opera
27-06-13, 13:08
If you read charts, then you would have to be worried.

Especially for the charts of SSE, HSI, Nikkei, etc

Cheers!
TA is useless against central bank manipulation

Secretariat
27-06-13, 13:40
Actually I am very worried about the situation in China.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323689204578569351878067378.html

I would provide my perspective, from the history of China.

Until the beginning of Industrial Revolution in 1760s, China was the number 1 economy of the world and was also the richest nation.

Even then, in China there was no banking system in the form as we know today, until the reign of Cixi towards the late Qing Dynasty. So we are speaking of around 1890s, the whole economic and government of China were operating without a western banking system. For example, tax revenue collected elsewhere would have to be carted, in physical Gold and Silver, to the regional administrations and then to the central government coffer in Beijing.

How did the daily business transaction take place? There we have the shadow banking system as described in the WSJ article. Obviously, it was not shadowy at all but the true form of banking at the time. And obvious still is today, when liquidity issue appeared in its modern banks.

According to history, it was only towards 1890s that some Shanxi businessmen started a banking system, in the form closer to the business model of Western Union today, after gaining Cixi consent. Apparently, she gave in after finding herself and the Emperor running out of physical Gold and Silver, during her escape from the Forbidden City.

As we know, the Qing Dynasty collapsed in 1910s, then there was the warlords era with Sun Yet Sen etc, then the China-Japanese war, then the World War I, then the Communist-Kuomintang war, then World War II, then more Communist-Koumintang war until the Communist took over. So you could imagine, under these circumstances, people really could rely only on the so-called shadow banking system to conduct a business.

China, the Chinese they didnt have a commendable history in treating the fellow Chinese. People who ran the shadow banking system, almost all the times they obtained the wealth corruptively; the landlords, the government officials etc. Emperor Hongwu of Ming Dynasty, Emperor Yongzhen of Qing Dynastry, famous in their determination to eliminate corruption in the Chinese history, ultimately still failed to once the reign was passed on to the next.

The shadow banking charged exorbitant interest rates to borrowers, with the whole idea of making the borrowers bankrupt so that they could take over their properties, including the women, daughters and sons who then became slaves.

Over the thousands of years of China history, these episodes were repeating, and indeed still happens today. So, it wouldn't be a surprise to expect the current government to fight corruption, or start a structural reform as they called it, by starting a liquidity curb in its banking system, shadowy or not.

Cheers!

Secretariat
27-06-13, 13:42
TA is useless against central bank manipulation

How do you trade? Based what Bernanke or Draghi said on day to day basis?

Cheers!

cbsh38584
27-06-13, 15:34
Hi People

Thanks all for your kind advice.

I did put on q some counters which some have mentioned but I guessed I am kiasi this round, didn't hit my price...sigh.. Otherwise can make some coffee money today. I am kiasi cos I am still licking my losses which I bought too earlier during the initial correction few weeks ago.

I guessed I m a little impulsive/impatient ( sorry, cbsh, not easy to be stay patience... been too patience for too long liao) cos cash sitting in bank earning peanuts, so I decided to get some excitements and punts this round...luckily I made a little few months ago.. Still sitting on profits for now....but slowing depleting... If those counters i bought continued to move south..

Maybe I shd quickly go buy a property but thinking of having to pay ABSD, very heartache but if money in bank continue to be eroded due to inflation...how? I shd continue to wait.?

So sad when I heard chancery garden went enbloc, I used to have a friend stayed there, it is a very lovely and quaint estate, 10 units...seldom got sellers...now no more hope to buy there any more.:banghead:

Experience & smart investors are always lonely, you buy when everyone sells, and you sell when everyone buys.

Look at Gold plunge within weeks & Treasury yield rise to 2.7% within weeks. That is why we need to be very very very patience & only trust FEAR index. Never trust the bankers, stock Analyst, Technical analyst, the media , friends/colleague etc.

It is through mistakes that we start to learn & make sure use the min amt of money to learn from mistakes. This is the process of making mistakes everybody needs to go through. No short cut. I am still making mistakes but lesser. The HK RED Chip stock I bought is already close to 52 wks low. It go down further another 10-15% from 52 wks low.

Base on your level of interest to add on your position. I do not know whether the level of fear is there. If the fear level is still not here yet. Maybe this is just a short term rebounce.

Bond is an investment you know what/when you will get the principle & coupon back. I chose Bond due to it low volatilty for investment grade & short dated bond.

rdgs,
Vic

princess_morbucks
27-06-13, 18:13
Hi Secretariat, thanks for the detailed explanation.

After reading what you have said, my conclusion is that China will still remain resilient despite all these shadow banking, which the government wishes to eradicate.
There will be mini crashes but it is inevitable for the good of its economy.

Is that right?

cbsh38584
28-06-13, 08:00
Women are better investors
==================
Women were more likely to be less "GREEDY" than men when come to investing. In the area of behavioural finance, It have found that women trade less frequently and hold less volatile portfolios. Women just want a stable income.

When come to investing, Women will look in the RISK factor as 1st priority. Once the risk is acceptable to them, they will look into the RETURN.They may expect lower returns, watch out for risks, and be willing to sit out for the long term. Men tend to see big PROFIT as 1st priority & sometimes blind by the high risk product they invested. Good investing means that when you are aware of what you don’t know, you steer clear.

women tend to see wealth as a source of security for the family, rather than an opportunity to get richer.They're less interested in taking chances (Risk) when they do have money. Men, meanwhile, are more likely to be confident in taking risky decisions.

Men see wealth as a way to get richer; women see it as a means of security. They realize the money they make goes to support their families, and this makes them less likely to take unnecessary or dangerous risks with their investments. Men tend to have their eye on “more” wealth, while women want “enough” wealth to bring them security.

Women take Less Risk as they are more prone to stress than their male. They don't want to engage in the anxieties of on-the-fly trading, another factor that contributes to their more conservative, and ultimately more successful, investment strategies.

Women Are Patient.
women are more patient with their existing investments, and if they consider a change to their portfolio they are also more likely to consult with a financial advisor first. Men are less patient for a +ve outcome from their investments and more likely to modify their portfolio if they view it is underperforming

Impatience
Men tend to be overconfident about their ability to pick stocks that can beat the market.

etc etc etc.

If U do not want to be a loser in stock market. learn some good points from Women investors. They are a better investors because the mother can feel more love for this family & want to protect them. So they tend to be very cautious.

1. They trade less frequently
2. They are less greedy. Greed bring disaster.
3. They want enough wealth & not more wealth
4. They tend not to speculate & stick to good stock.
5. They are less emotional when stock goes down.
6. They are prone to stress.So they don't buy speculative stock.

Stock market is the biggest casinos in the world.
The more U trade, U are less likely U will win in long run.
The more U trade, the more emotional mistakes U tend to make.
The more U trade speculative stk, the more U will accumulate more losses
The more U are impatience, the likelihood U will buy at high price.
The more greed factor in U when trading. The likelihood U doom to destroy your own family happiness.

rdgs,
Vic

mcmlxxvi
28-06-13, 09:53
All sises fall in.

Share with us your stock picks. Dont be selfish.

cbsh38584
28-06-13, 11:15
All the prediction by Marc Faber , Bill Gross, Jim Roger, famous American guru, our own SG stock guru, your friends/colleague, bank research team all are not right. Their timing are all wrong. ONLY the biggest manipulators that is US FED is right.

Only when you see the FEAR index is at high level. It is logically right to invest. When are very fearful to go in. U need to force yourself to be calmed & think logically that it is the right time to buy.

The more U trade, the more likely U will accumulate your losses. Intelligent people (high IQ) don't always win. High IQ & EQ combination investors likely to win. Since we do not hv high IQ & EQ. We need "AAA" rating in patience. Be very very very patience if you do not want to be a loser in investing in stock mkt.

Treat investing in blue/dividend stock like U are investing in a property collecting rent. Don't be bother by the fluctuation. If U buy at "LOW Floor" price, you will be collecting higher rental (dividend). So timing is also important.

rdgs,
Vic

chestnut
28-06-13, 11:29
All the big money has been done. If entered 2009, that's where the big money is....

Rite now, it is all trading mode.....

The market is now smaller with Internet... Hahahahahaha

Be careful of carry trade unwinding. Hahahaha

princess_morbucks
28-06-13, 11:40
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/money/story/chinas-central-bank-adjust-liquidity-ensure-stability-20130628

Published on Jun 28, 2013
10:49 AM

SHANGHAI (AFP) - China's central bank said on Friday it would "adjust" liquidity to ensure stability after a weeks-long squeeze that has rattled financial markets.

"The PBoC (People's Bank of China) will use all sorts of instruments and measures to adjust the overall liquidity level, so as to ensure the overall stability of the market," bank head Zhou Xiaochuan told a financial forum in the commercial hub of Shanghai.

For roughly three weeks, funds have been in short supply on China's interbank market, and the interest rates banks charge to lend to each other have surged to record highs.

China's central bank on Tuesday confirmed it had already offered liquidity "support" to banks and pledged to provide more if needed. That statement marked an apparent change of course after the central bank earlier ruled out providing fresh funds and ordered banks to put their financial houses in order.

amk
28-06-13, 12:26
... doesn't that mean rebound is near? why is it not a good sign?

.. because didn't go down enough, so cannot buy enough :D

phantom_opera
28-06-13, 19:07

gold @ 1200... mission accomplished

the Emperor looks like having his clothes on :rolleyes: