PDA

View Full Version : Cheong ahh sporeans FREE MRT

radha08
24-06-13, 10:17
go go go free rides everybody please take mrt so the roads are empty for me:D:D:D

p3nboy
24-06-13, 10:34
comes with free coffee :D

princess_morbucks
24-06-13, 11:02
Only a few people chiong.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/free-peak-hour-mrt-rides-few-takers-so-far-first-day-20130624

By Jermyn Chow And Natalie Kuan
It seems that few commuters shifted their journeys earlier to enjoy free or discounted train rides that the Government is offering as part of its aim to reduce the morning peak hour crush.

Out of the 50 commuters polled by The Straits Times on Monday morning, only two said they woke up earlier just so they could get off trains before 7.45am to get a free ride.

Most said they were sticking with their normal travel patterns for now, while a handful said they would consider starting their city bound commute earlier in the coming days to take advantage of the free travel perk.

One of them is receptionist Judith Toh, who said she can expect to halve her monthly transport expenses.

4wheels
24-06-13, 11:31

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/free-peak-hour-mrt-rides-few-takers-so-far-first-day-20130624

It seems that few commuters shifted their journeys earlier to enjoy free or discounted train rides that the Government is offering as part of its aim to reduce the morning peak hour crush.

Out of the 50 commuters polled by The Straits Times on Monday morning, only two said they woke up earlier just so they could get off trains before 7.45am to get a free ride.

Most said they were sticking with their normal travel patterns for now, while a handful said they would consider starting their city bound commute earlier in the coming days to take advantage of the free travel perk.

One of them is receptionist Judith Toh, who said she can expect to halve her monthly transport expenses.

wait till next week when schools start. maybe then, it has more benefit of taking train earlier. Less crowd and free.

Ringo33
24-06-13, 11:33

50 communters polled?

Regulators
24-06-13, 17:39
Haven't taken a train in ages

princess_morbucks
24-06-13, 17:51
Haven't taken a train in ages

I still rely on train when I get to town.

ysyap
24-06-13, 17:55
I still rely on train when I get to town.Yup.. sometimes it really makes more sense to take train to town. I go Tanjong Pagar by train. Raffles Place too. Parking is not only difficult to find but super exp. Also, roads are sometime one way and if unfamiliar, time wasted to find your destination can be significant...

CondoInterested
24-06-13, 23:54
Don't have my stop leh. The stops are also not in between my travelling route leh :mad: