View Full Version : Everybody que for mask but----

radha08
23-06-13, 14:51
but seems like---not many wear masks :confused:

kiasu in our blood:banghead::D

ysyap
23-06-13, 15:12
but seems like---not many wear masks :confused:

kiasu in our blood:banghead::DI still see many people wearing masks on the streets... those who are so concerned for health bought these masks but would rather stay at home to avoid unnecessary exposures to dirty air. Those who don't care too much would still go out w/o the masks, therefore you don't see too many darth vaders out there. :jason:

minority
23-06-13, 15:19
Sgpan Kia Su Kia See mah. It's in r traits . Haze brought it all out.

chiaberry
23-06-13, 15:28
Have you tried wearing a properly fitted N95 mask? It is actually quite difficult to breathe freely though it. If you are walking on the street and wearing one, you will be v. uncomfortable. The tendency is to loosen the mask and let some air in. And that will defeat the purpose of wearing the mask in the first place. N95 masks an the hot and humid weather in Singapore are not compatible.

phantom_opera
23-06-13, 15:45
when the q is longest, u know PSI has peaked lol

Komo
23-06-13, 15:49
the way I look at it the haze conditions is is very similar to a chemical warfare scenario and a very good test of the readiness of the civil and national defense ... I rate the preparedness and responsiveness zero :(

Komo
23-06-13, 15:53
Have you tried wearing a properly fitted N95 mask? It is actually quite difficult to breathe freely though it. If you are walking on the street and wearing one, you will be v. uncomfortable. The tendency is to loosen the mask and let some air in. And that will defeat the purpose of wearing the mask in the first place. N95 masks an the hot and humid weather in Singapore are not compatible.
just have to adapt to it .. and be grateful have one ... heard that somewhere in jb psi is 700+ !

beepbeep
23-06-13, 16:01
I feel like a car radiator, when I stopped walking, it's kinda short of breath and temperature rising.

zzz1
23-06-13, 16:24
just have to adapt to it .. and be grateful have one ... heard that somewhere in jb psi is 700+ !
Is in muar. ..is already state of emergency...

We had being very blessed... let hope for the best for the weeks to come

Komo
23-06-13, 16:45
Is in muar. ..is already state of emergency...

We had being very blessed... let hope for the best for the weeks to come
yup ... can't imagine what will happen if singapore reached 750 ! what will the response be! what if tomorrow morninb is 750... will u still go to work ? or will the civil defense siren goes off :D

zzz1
23-06-13, 17:06
I remembered once 3M did a demonstration on their n95 using a pepper spray.. without the mask it is so unbearable and put up the n95, can instantly felt the different...

Imaging it can block off sars virus.. nn choices but to use to protect own life

minority
23-06-13, 18:57
yup ... can't imagine what will happen if singapore reached 750 ! what will the response be! what if tomorrow morninb is 750... will u still go to work ? or will the civil defense siren goes off :D

U see 700 don't want just call ur boss mc lor. Aiyo like that still must wait for state to decide for u.

radha08
23-06-13, 19:25
U see 700 don't want just call ur boss mc lor. Aiyo like that still must wait for state to decide for u.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-declares-emergency-indonesia-smoke-pollution-thickens-044717109.html

Komo
23-06-13, 19:40
If 500 is breached govt better declare state of emergency liao! (psi max is 500) Malaysia wait till 750 then delare ... rather late (believe psi and API almost same):D

minority
23-06-13, 19:41
If 500 is breached govt better declare state of emergency liao! (psi max is 500) Malaysia wait till 750 then delare ... rather late (believe psi and API almost same):D

Why must wait for state? If u fever u wil wait for Someone to tell u stop work go see doc or decide urself go see doc leh?

focus
23-06-13, 19:42
Focus on AQI and PM2.5, not PM10, Not the PSI.

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/south/

Komo
23-06-13, 20:24
Focus on AQI and PM2.5, not PM10, Not the PSI.

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/south/
Thanks for sharing ! So the biggest smoke is psi:D (only Singapore using it )

Cupcakes
23-06-13, 20:29
Why must wait for state? If u fever u wil wait for Someone to tell u stop work go see doc or decide urself go see doc leh?
U must be self employed :D

ysyap
23-06-13, 21:23
yup ... can't imagine what will happen if singapore reached 750 ! what will the response be! what if tomorrow morninb is 750... will u still go to work ? or will the civil defense siren goes off :DCrazy to still go to work. Drive but can't see so may not reach work place at all? Walk to MRT but fall down 20 times coz can't see clearly? 750 is just short of being inside the burning building.

Komo
23-06-13, 21:24
last Friday 21 Jun the whole day was in the hazardous range >300, what did the government do? :(
I managed to use my lunch time to fetch my kids to home, bought air purifier, bought masks, seal up the house, then rush back to the air-conditioned but hazy office :D

Komo
23-06-13, 21:30
talk about a caring government

ysyap
23-06-13, 21:30
last Friday 21 Jun the whole day was in the hazardous range >300, what did the government do? :(
I managed to use my lunch time to fetch my kids to home, bought air purifier, bought masks, seal up the house, then rush back to the air-conditioned but hazy office :DStill can buy mask and air purifier?

lot286
23-06-13, 22:22
i thought it was pretty ironic that everyone panicked and loaded up on masks and air purifiers, and today was such a wonderful haze free day:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CondoWE
23-06-13, 22:48
What is the market price per N95 now :rolleyes: ?

Autumnwinds
23-06-13, 22:53
I hope that we finally see that our government will not be declaring any state of emergency/public holidays.

Would like to send this message out, the government will not tell you to stop work, it is up to you if you feel it best to stop. If you do not feel well, please stay at home or use the n95 when you are out.

It is important to make the dough, but living another day to make that dough, is much more important for you and your family.

Autumnwinds
23-06-13, 22:54
What is the market price per N95 now :rolleyes: ?

I queued for more than an hour to purchase the n95 at Unity yesterday. Was 10 for $22.50

radha08
23-06-13, 23:23
I queued for more than an hour to purchase the n95 at Unity yesterday. Was 10 for $22.50

today guardian no que but 1pc 3.90

proud owner
23-06-13, 23:33
talk about a caring government

can fine singaporeans for smoking .. restrict them where to smoke ...etc etc ..

when it came to haze... talk only kana fire back then L L keep quiet

kane
23-06-13, 23:34
i pray for our northern neighbours that they will soon have clear skies.

nobody has to pay such a high price for very inconsiderate farming attitude.

proud owner
23-06-13, 23:36

today Haze sort of cleared ... straight away no queue ...

don't Singaporeans know that it is becos of the change in wind direction?

if the wind starts blowing where it shud tomorrow ...will we see queue again ?

Autumnwinds
23-06-13, 23:45

I saw a photo that cold storage were selling at 20 for 59. :scared-4:

kane
23-06-13, 23:53
today Haze sort of cleared ... straight away no queue ...

don't Singaporeans know that it is becos of the change in wind direction?

if the wind starts blowing where it shud tomorrow ...will we see queue again ?

yes you will.

minority
24-06-13, 00:18
U must be self employed :D

Nope I will call my boss or go C doc for a MC. I dont need permission to tell myself I am sick and need to take care of my own health wat. After all thats wat MC leave are for.

minority
24-06-13, 00:20
Dumb and Dumber Singaporean Reactions to the Haze (http://sgthinker.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/dumb-and-dumber-singaporean-reactions-to-the-haze/comment-page-1/#comment-799)

minority
24-06-13, 00:28

Go unitiy and get lor. dont panic. many try to profit from panic. worst people horde 100s of mask. some even try sell $70 for 20 mask!

Even at 400 at most stay indoors lor. unless ur job requires to be out door. Companies can buy mask from MOM. there is a hot line I remember reading somewhere for companies to buy the mask from MOM for thier workers.

radha08
24-06-13, 01:27

guardian 20 for $78 i dont think they mark up its the supplier:o

minority
24-06-13, 06:35

Unless its ex stock. I think supplier up price given we are not the only one needing it. Ie malaysia n indo will also need,mask.

Komo
24-06-13, 06:44
all pls get yourself and family and loved one fully prepared.
don't solely rely on the govt and the info given by them.
I'm waiting to see what actions they will take against the wrong doers, they are suppose to be world class expert in this area and undefeatable.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
24-06-13, 08:40
Qn. Do u change a new n95 everyday for hygiene reasons?

I wear normal mask for a day and my oily nose parts where it come in contact already develop pimples. ...

No wonder people buying in the 100s.

shareidiot
24-06-13, 08:48
Saw @ Giant - $2.80/pc. 10 units @ $28 only....
No need to queue. ;)

Im surprised if Guardian is selling 20s @$78, coz both Guardian & Giant belongs to the same Group (Diary Farm)... :confused:

minority
24-06-13, 09:37
all pls get yourself and family and loved one fully prepared.
don't solely rely on the govt and the info given by them.
I'm waiting to see what actions they will take against the wrong doers, they are suppose to be world class expert in this area and undefeatable.

dont be KS lah.. unless u are old or have breathing sickness u need the mask all the time. if not hazy heavy can always stay in doors.

Its this kind of mentality tat is causing the hoarding, long Qs and giving profiters chance to profit from the fear.

radha08
24-06-13, 10:11
No need to queue. ;)

Im surprised if Guardian is selling 20s @$78, coz both Guardian & Giant belongs to the same Group (Diary Farm)... :confused:

yup very sure i bought 2 pcs $7.80:scared-2:

proud owner
24-06-13, 10:18
dont be KS lah.. unless u are old or have breathing sickness u need the mask all the time. if not hazy heavy can always stay in doors.

Its this kind of mentality tat is causing the hoarding, long Qs and giving profiters chance to profit from the fear.

same mentality applied to properties ..

if there is a pent up demand ... would u sell your property ?

would you sell cheap ? or at Normal price ? or mark up ?

you may not even sell ... cos replacement cost will be higher ..

right ?

proud owner
24-06-13, 10:20

right ?

I feel govt shud step in not to punish those who raise the price of mask ...

But to sell mask cheaper to the public ... just like they say they build more HDBs and sell at subsidized price to those who really need them

right ?

hutsutau
24-06-13, 10:26
when the q is longest, u know PSI has peaked lol
just like when the q for properties is longest, u know the property prices have peaked

moneytalk
24-06-13, 10:32
yup very sure i bought 2 pcs $7.80:scared-2:
Bought 20 masks for $45 at Unity pharmacy on Saturday.

CondoWE
24-06-13, 11:36
Bought 20 masks for $45 at Unity pharmacy on Saturday.

yap...8210 n 8110S are 2.25/pc.

regency321
24-06-13, 11:40
Bought mine at Guardian on Sat evening at $2.80 per pc. Has both adult and smaller size for children, all same price.

minority
24-06-13, 15:59

right ?

yeah lor human nature lor.. when opportunity arise people always will try to capture the transition to make $. so we can say the added supply of mask like like HDB and more GLS sales push out to prevent a mask bubbling ;)

azeoprop
24-06-13, 16:48
Just bought at Fairprice extra at Nex, no Q. $2.25 each, max 10 pieces per person.

But it is the green color 3M 1860 N95 mask.

:beats-me-man:

august
24-06-13, 16:59
Just bought at Fairprice extra at Nex, no Q. $2.25 each, max 10 pieces per person.

But it is the green color 3M 1860 N95 mask.

:beats-me-man:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aAqCm5LHL._SY300_.jpg

wow, u are going to stand out from the crowd. :D

ysyap
24-06-13, 17:30
No need to queue. ;)

Im surprised if Guardian is selling 20s @$78, coz both Guardian & Giant belongs to the same Group (Diary Farm)... :confused:Cold Storage selling $2.95/pcs...

CondoWE
24-06-13, 18:21

I bought from 8110S from Unity b'cos 1860S is slightly hard.

proud owner
25-06-13, 12:32

if you have the white one....try painting a Joker Smile on it ...

nice to bring on some humor amidst the haze..