PDA

View Full Version : oversea property loan

lajia
22-06-13, 13:35
hi, any good guy here has any gd recommendation for oversea property loan and what kind of rate is that? Thanks in advance.

leesg123
22-06-13, 13:39
hi, any good guy here has any gd recommendation for oversea property loan and what kind of rate is that? Thanks in advance.
which cuntry?

mygeemeel
22-06-13, 15:55
You want to take loan from Spore bank or overseas bank?
For which country?

lajia
22-06-13, 18:24
thailand. take loan here or in thailand better?

mygeemeel
22-06-13, 19:51
I know UOB Spore can loan for Thai props. Not sure about others.

Do you have company registered in Thai? If yes you may use their banks for loan and also pay installmenta via credit cards.

BV
22-06-13, 21:00

Rates for loan denominated in THB are pretty high, probably in the 4+% range (Can't remember exactly), hence I did not pursue further. SGD denominated loans are better, but still relatively high compared to local property loans, and comes with forex risk.

If u want lower interest rates and can stomach some forex risk, it might be better to take an equity loan on a singapore property if u have the option. That will also leave your thai property unemcumbered by mortgage.

Ay particular project that u are looking at?

BV
22-06-13, 21:00

Rates for loan denominated in THB are pretty high, probably in the 4+% range (Can't remember exactly), hence I did not pursue further. SGD denominated loans are better, but still relatively high compared to local property loans, and comes with forex risk.

If u want lower interest rates and can stomach some forex risk, it might be better to take an equity loan on a singapore property if u have the option. That will also leave your thai property unemcumbered by mortgage.

lajia
22-06-13, 21:16
Uob prime + 0.75, wa very high....not sure if there are lower ones. Buy and rent out so intend to use rental to pay the loan. Ideally ...

I know UOB Spore can loan for Thai props. Not sure about others.

Do you have company registered in Thai? If yes you may use their banks for loan and also pay installmenta via credit cards.

lajia
22-06-13, 21:18
Equity loan, and in foreign currency? Sound so risky and complicated...:o

BV
22-06-13, 22:25
Equity loan, and in foreign currency? Sound so risky and complicated...:o

Equity loan taken on your local sg property. Interest rate obviously will be lower, as it will be that of a sg housing loan. If THB strengthens, u gain. If THB falls, u lose. Frankly, unless the forex moves are extremely drastic, it will still beat the interest that u have to pay on THB loans.