PDA

View Full Version : P1 admission exercise, property not yet TOP

smellyfish
22-06-13, 10:11
hi all,

grateful if anyone know the answers:

(1) if property has not TOPed yet, is it possible to apply for school based on address? does MOE look at date of expected TOP?

(2) when will a property's proximity to school be reflected in schoolquery? only after TOP?

naan1974
22-06-13, 10:33
hi all,

(1) if property has not TOPed yet, is it possible to apply for school based on address? does MOE look at date of expected TOP?

(2) when will a property's proximity to school be reflected in schoolquery? only after TOP?

The school need the official postal code of the property
as that's the official proximity that is recognised and accepted

taggy
22-06-13, 10:45
hi all,

http://tinyurl.com/lag5usz

3C
22-06-13, 10:46
hi all,

you can't even update your i/c, how to prove that you stay there. Address is not valid as long as the place is not toped. It is still considered a construction site.

3C
22-06-13, 10:49
I don't think you can use as long as it is not in your I/C.

taggy
22-06-13, 11:31
alamak din realise i replied so many times...

when i replied: condosg give this error:

There seems to have been a problem with the CONDOsingapore.com - Singapore Condo Property Forum | Discussion | Reviews | Pictures | New Launches | Construction Updates database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh (http://forums.condosingapore.com/newreply.php#) button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff ([email protected]), whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

teddybear
22-06-13, 12:06
No, you still use it for P1 registration, the condition is you must stay after TOP.

Just bring your purchase contract along..

Good luck!

teddybear
22-06-13, 12:06
No, you still use it for P1 registration, the condition is you must stay after TOP.

Just bring your purchase contract along..

Good luck!

Rysk
22-06-13, 12:13
P1 reg. base on the address of your IC..
And in order to change address at police post.. You need to produce letter which you will be taking over the pty.. eg. TOP

ysyap
22-06-13, 12:52
hi all,

(2) when will a property's proximity to school be reflected in schoolquery? only after TOP?I understand that you can use your new address for P1 registration even before TOP. But you must bring all document to prove the property is yours. The schoolquery website only shows proximity when the system is updated and I suspect it is only updated after the address is officially keyed in after TOP. Anyway you can always venture a guess using that website of the location nearby to estimate. Should be pretty accurate. In fact the website uses colour code to show which region is within the 1km radius. If the condo site is coloured with the correct colour, then your new address is in. :cool:

ysyap
22-06-13, 12:55
P1 reg. base on the address of your IC..
And in order to change address at police post.. You need to produce letter which you will be taking over the pty.. eg. TOPI have checked with schools before. You can use the new address not on your IC as long as you can prove that this new address is your property when it receives TOP status. But its always good to check again coz the policy might have changed!

curio
22-06-13, 17:33
U can use the address but the Property has to TOP within 2 yrs your child enters P1. Eg.your child starts P1 on 1 jan 2014, the property has to TOP by 31 dec 2015. The school will based on legal Completion date on S&P and not estimated completion date.

You can go to MOE website FAQ

Komo
23-06-13, 19:24
hi all,

If not mistaken, they will base on legal completion date at most 1 year after the year of p1 registration. Need to show s&p as supporting where the date is stated. Not based on top.

smellyfish
24-06-13, 09:36
Many thanks to those who know or who guessed correctly :)

also special thanks to taggy for the..er.. tag. I cut and pasted this from the url supplied:

"Proof of Purchase of Yet-to-be Completed Property
An original Sales and Purchase document is required if the address of a yet-to-be completed private property is used for registration. The date of commitment by the developer in the Temporary Occupation Permit (T.O.P.) has to be within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One. In the case of a yet-to-be completed HDB flat, the Agreement for Lease is required.

Parents must move into the new property within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One."

can i ask if anyone knows what is this date of commitment by developer of TOP?

I suppose what they meant is that property must not have a committed TOP that is more than 2 years later than date of enrolment? So for 2014 enrolment, a date of committed TOP in 2017 wont do?

hmmm, what if the property TOP much earlier :banghead:

taggy
24-06-13, 11:13
The date of commitment by the developer in the Temporary Occupation Permit (T.O.P.) has to be within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One.
hmmm, what if the property TOP much earlier :banghead:

I read it as this way....
apply for primary school in 2013 for child to enter primary one on 2014,
this means committed TOP date should be before Jan-2016.

so i think even if committed TOP is June-2016 is also too late, not to mention 2017.
(i hope someone come correct me, bec for my kid's application, my condo top date is going to miss by 6mths as well:banghead:)