PDA

View Full Version : the view worth $230 psf more?

puffer_fish
16-06-13, 17:22
Hi , Went for viewing yesterday nite.

owner asking $230 psf more than last transacted price.

the unit is a penthouse, 3 bedder, only 4 units within the development.

location is 6 min walk to takashimaya as we went for ice cream after viewing:D

attach is the nite view from the living room, currently tenanted to corporate lease for 3 years.

worth the million dollar view:D ??? , location wise, yes:D

think, this will be my last purchase as don't want to over commit.

so, worth the asking price

DaytonaSS
16-06-13, 17:25
what view are you talking about! the only view i see is blocked view....

puffer_fish
16-06-13, 17:31
ya..but owner asking this price. so just asking, cos when you ask agent, sure say damn good one :D

Allthepies
16-06-13, 17:32
Ya seriously no view. ..

puffer_fish
16-06-13, 17:43
second picture, owner firm on pricing, plus only penthouse unit on sale now so.....it's take it or leave it

mosaic
16-06-13, 18:11
Just buy lah. Buy buy buy buy buy!!!:D

DKSG
16-06-13, 18:38
Random Question.

So the random answer from Office Boy is BUY!

DKSG

puffer_fish
16-06-13, 18:44
it not a bad development, but got lots of folks say prices will crash and burn,

so... still hesitating...all buyers want a good price. :)

DKSG
16-06-13, 18:53
it not a bad development, but got lots of folks say prices will crash and burn,

so... still hesitating...all buyers want a good price. :)

You must thank those yowetans and Ah Bs, without them, you wont find this seller, right ?

I was thankful for them too! Coz without them, I wont be able to buy my current place at such good price too!

DKSG

starrynight
16-06-13, 19:20
Sorry for being kaypoh, but which devt is this?

Leonie?

puffer_fish
16-06-13, 19:57
Bro if I tell u , wont I be inviting more competitors to my bid:D

Need more gossip mongers to help me push down price:ashamed1:

Give me 1 month times, to see if there are market changes.

In my opinion, Currently still seller market cos all the good units went into hiding. The average or below par are what available now:(

hyenergix
16-06-13, 20:18
Forget about view, after buying maybe no time to view or another new building blocks it.

august
16-06-13, 20:25
You must thank those yowetans and Ah Bs, without them, you wont find this seller, right ?

I was thankful for them too! Coz without them, I wont be able to buy my current place at such good price too!

DKSG

dont understand your logic... :confused:

VS
16-06-13, 20:54
Since it is a big unit (penthouse), the psf should be cheaper than a smaller unit.

princess_morbucks
16-06-13, 21:22
I don't see any view.
Actually, I expected a better view from a penthouse.
If you want to buy, just buy, no need to wait for crash to buy, cos you dunno when that will come.
However, I don't think you should pay a premium for it, cos there is no premier view.

puffer_fish
16-06-13, 21:58
as I don't have the opportunity to meet up with seller thus I cant answer the question on the increase premium :D

everyone when purchasing an item, would always want the best deal.

it the same when buyer turn seller.

currently, very limited units are on the market for sale:(

thomastansb
17-06-13, 00:16
I agree with the people here. There is NO view. Facing another block is not a view.

starrynight
17-06-13, 08:19
You tell me where it is, then I help you disparage the ppty / view, so the price will go down, i.e. you win mah :D

Bro if I tell u , wont I be inviting more competitors to my bid:D

Need more gossip mongers to help me push down price:ashamed1:

Give me 1 month times, to see if there are market changes.

In my opinion, Currently still seller market cos all the good units went into hiding. The average or below par are what available now:(

regency321
17-06-13, 08:59
All I can see is 'Orr Luu Luu' view, everything black black. What kind of a view is this?

lionhill
17-06-13, 09:09
In Orchard, it is typical and not bad already, right? at least, it is not blocked in a short distance.

puffer_fish
17-06-13, 09:16
hi all,

thanks for the input, still looking around for a good deal:)

ya from conclusion seems like an average deal, currently in the market all the good units are not on sale

the reason why i delibrate took "black black" picture is, the experts in the area would instantly recognised the building....there are many
卧虎藏龙 friends here with very very deep pockets, whom could outbid me.:D

hopeful
17-06-13, 09:20
hi all,

ya from conclusion seems like an average deal, currently in the market all the good units are not on sale

the reason why i delibrate took "black black" picture is, the experts in the area would instantly recognised the building....there are many

i agreed, there are many rich who wants to be more carrothead than you. $230psf more than last transacted price :scared-5:

hyenergix
17-06-13, 09:36
What seller is selling you:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/853/escc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/escc.jpg/)

What you will be getting:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/6/4eko.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/4eko.jpg/)

mygeemeel
17-06-13, 09:56
I stayed in a service apartment for 1 year in orchard. The unit has a view and after 2 weeks, we got sick of the orchard view. Requested for a change to one with more open view and more greenery.

I still prefer beach/sea/greenery views.

thomastansb
17-06-13, 10:03
Then find some other project lor. Why die die must be this project? I am sure there are many condos around as well.

Anyway, black picture or not, the view sucks. The buildings in front won't mysteriously disappear when the sun rises in the morning. Unless you have another unblock view on another side which you didn't show.

But if the picture is what you called view, I think you really need to learn what is "view". Here is what I call view - http://singaporeexpatsrental.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/MBR-View.jpg

hi all,

hopeful
17-06-13, 10:06
I stayed in a service apartment for 1 year in orchard. The unit has a view and after 2 weeks, we got sick of the orchard view. Requested for a change to one with more open view and more greenery.

I still prefer beach/sea/greenery views.

from the night shots, i am pretty sure if one is to invest in a good telescope, one can get bed scenes, which is much better than greenery view.

if i were him, i would download the floorplans of the neigbouring condos, match the bedrooms and toilets to the ones in the photos and then focus on these rooms.

Sea Esta
17-06-13, 11:08
Sorry to be a little crude here but if those two pictures are considered a view then almost everyone in Singapore has a view too.

mygeemeel
17-06-13, 11:28
from the night shots, i am pretty sure if one is to invest in a good telescope, one can get bed scenes, which is much better than greenery view.

if i were him, i would download the floorplans of the neigbouring condos, match the bedrooms and toilets to the ones in the photos and then focus on these rooms.

Mine had good views of hotels and offices. Used bino but no chance to see any sexventures. Should have asked for a telescope.

Honestly i like the marina bay or sentosa view more than city view. Secondly you get constant honking from cars in city. Very constant and annoying.

If city living is what TS love, then go for it. Best to view the unit on a weekend evening.

thomastansb
17-06-13, 13:05
I agree with you. This is not call a view. High floor or low floor, it doesn't matter.

Sorry to be a little crude here but if those two pictures are considered a view then almost everyone in Singapore has a view too.

Jaykj
17-06-13, 13:16
This looks like Cairnhill Residences. If it is, I say skip this project even if there is view coz you are surrounded by equally tall condos with pocket distance views and close neighbouring views. Furthermore, the facilities are lacking and its quite tiring to walk back due to the slope up Cairnhill.

But of coz, I'm just guessing :D

puffer_fish
13-07-13, 10:46
my earmark funds for this last purchase are ready but.......cannot find the unit we are looking.

either the owner asking for sky high prices or just not the unit that we like.

the owner's pricing is.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mcmlxxvi
13-07-13, 18:14
Your 4.285mil in Dec 2012 is worth less than 3.99mil by now in real (estate) terms.

DKSG
13-07-13, 18:16
Your 4.285mil in Dec 2012 is worth less than 3.99mil by now in real (estate) terms.

I can't believe got Singaporean so snobbish until like that ??!!

DKSG

mcmlxxvi
13-07-13, 18:23

DKSG

Decreasing value of money. Increasing value of property leh. Whats that to do with snobbish?

Btw how u know is local?

bargain hunter
13-07-13, 18:50
u intend to pay in full cash? if take some loan, i'm sure u can find some nice units at 5 to 6m. :)

so have u given up on this "good view" unit? can tell us where it is liao? :ashamed1:

my earmark funds for this last purchase are ready but.......cannot find the unit we are looking.

either the owner asking for sky high prices or just not the unit that we like.

the owner's pricing is.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

leftfield
13-07-13, 22:11

DKSG

Then again, could be a Jap Yen account? :D