PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 cases of people who fought over parent relief claims last year: IRAS

phantom_opera
14-06-13, 19:22
IRAS headache ... they now want public consultation

Why dun just divide tax relief equally among all children

sherlock
14-06-13, 19:31
IRAS headache ... they now want public consultation

Why dun just divide tax relief equally among all children

Easier said than done... some children who dun stay with parents also want to claim and those taking care of the old folks wiill claim foul :doh:

jacelynchia
14-06-13, 21:11
Easier said than done... some children who dun stay with parents also want to claim and those taking care of the old folks wiill claim foul :doh:

My friend also involved in cases like that, some it's beacause the parents take turns to stay with children and some cases, despite parents staying at one of their children homes but the other sibling(s) claims that they have given more money and also the parents come over to their place frequently as well.

ysyap
14-06-13, 21:37
My friend also involved in cases like that, some it's beacause the parents take turns to stay with children and some cases, despite parents staying at one of their children homes but the other sibling(s) claims that they have given more money and also the parents come over to their place frequently as well.Very tricky indeed... just let the parents decide who qualifies for the tax rebates as first tier, then all siblings to come together to sign a letter of understanding and agreement on rebate distribution as second tier. This exercise will be repeated every year in case some child takes turn to look after parents! Parents with more than 1 kid will have to go through these 2 tiers! If siblings fight, let them fight. IRAS just wait for them to agree first! :cool:

yowetan
14-06-13, 22:11
We have no issues; we claim against our parents.

We pay zero tax.

CondoInterested
14-06-13, 22:23
Ya, what about those only child whose parents prefer to stay by themselves but their only child still providing them care and $$$, the poor child some more still have to run up run down between his / her home to parents home, very the siong man.

There are 2 types of claim, child staying with parents can claim higher tax rebate than child not staying with parents. Only 1 child of the parents can claim irregardless staying together or not.

The IRAS are a bunch bookworms following straightly to the books, that is, you only can claim the higher tax rebate for "Child Staying Together with Parents", and IRAS don't care if that stay in child gives care and $$$ to the parents, it's purely based on the the address of the parents and the child on NRIC.

But the only good thing for the only child is, whatever the parents have will be pass on to him / her and no other siblings will fight with him / her in the court.

The_Way_I_See_It
14-06-13, 22:29

We pay zero tax.

Of course u have no problem, as only child this is non issue to u. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Khng8
14-06-13, 23:07
I would say be more generous and allow everyone to claim.
How much would the govt lose out?
Don't think it's significant.

CondoInterested
14-06-13, 23:11
I would say be more generous and allow everyone to claim.
How much would the govt lose out?
Don't think it's significant.Of course lose out, or else how to have salary in millions.

ysyap
15-06-13, 07:26

We pay zero tax.When others say you like to get attention, I say maybe... Now I realized that you really like attention... we were asking to comment on the issue of parent tax rebate administration but you come along and talk about yourself w/o commenting constructively about the problems and advantages of tax rebate at all!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

alamak
15-06-13, 08:14
When others say you like to get attention, I say maybe... Now I realized that you really like attention... we were asking to comment on the issue of parent tax rebate administration but you come along and talk about yourself w/o commenting constructively about the problems and advantages of tax rebate at all!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yowetan is not what he claimed to be .. wasting time chatting with such troll :doh: :doh: :doh: ..).

I suggest he/she change a new nick natewoy to begin a new "Yowetan" saga all over again...:doh: :doh:

CCR
15-06-13, 08:22
When others say you like to get attention, I say maybe... Now I realized that you really like attention... we were asking to comment on the issue of parent tax rebate administration but you come along and talk about yourself w/o commenting constructively about the problems and advantages of tax rebate at all!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Haha you are so right.... This ah tan really quite funny...

phantom_opera
15-06-13, 09:42
if 3,000 cases become 10,000 cases, probably IRAS just scraps the parental relief, IRAS win, you lose lol

and many claims are simply fraudulent in nature

ysyap
15-06-13, 12:51
if 3,000 cases become 10,000 cases, probably IRAS just scraps the parental relief, IRAS win, you lose lol

and many claims are simply fraudulent in natureYup... its not just parental rebate... for the same person, only one rebate is allowed. When I just started to pay income tax some years back, I tried to claim for my mother and my dad also claimed for his wife (aka my mum) for unemployed wife. IRAS say NO... :tongue3: IRAS won't lose de! :47:

irisng
16-06-13, 14:43
Let the eldest brother/sister or the one who has earned more (irregardless whether they stay with their parents or not) to claim loh. But off course, the person who claim must have giving allowances to their parents also.

zzz1
16-06-13, 17:23

and many claims are simply fraudulent in nature
Actually the higher the figure, the more they (tax dept) save on tax relief payout.

For those cpf member with multiple claim on the same parent, what the tax ppl do is to exclude this relief until the cpf member get a consensus amount themselves . Then they need to get the siblings to sign consensus form then the tax dept will process the relief.

No consensus form from the siblings, nn tax relief will be processed.