PDA

View Full Version : Bullish prices for Jurong condo launch

reporter2
14-06-13, 16:08
http://www.straitstimes.com/archive/wednesday/premium/money/story/bullish-prices-jurong-condo-launch-20130612

Bullish prices for Jurong condo launch

Average prices at J Gateway in new growth area tipped to hit $1,650 psf

Published on Jun 12, 2013

By Cheryl Ong

THE upcoming launch of MCL Land's J Gateway in Jurong East with prices in the bullish region of $1,600 per sq ft (psf) is set to test buyers' appetite for suburban homes.

Average prices of homes at the 738-unit development are expected to range from as high as $1,650 psf for a 474 sq ft one-bedder to $1,450 psf for a 1,163 sq ft four- bedder, according to marketing agent Huttons.

International Property Advisor chief executive Ku Swee Yong said the launch price of $1,650 psf will be a record for the Jurong East area. But he said J Gateway will draw buyers as it is the first condominium to be launched near Jurong East MRT station in 10 years.

One agent said he has received over 100 queries from interested buyers in the past three weeks.

In comparison, developments launched in the area in the last few years are further from Jurong East MRT station - The Lakefront Residences, launched in 2010, is two MRT stops away while Parc Oasis is at Chinese Garden MRT station.

Echoing a similar view, R'ST Research director Ong Kah Seng said while prices at the new condominium are "slightly on the high side", its prime location is a top draw for buyers.

Mr Ong believes the makeover of Jurong East will draw buyers. "I would think that a lot of buyers are excited about projects in new growth areas. I would suppose Jurong East is able to offer that."

Based on the Government's Master Plan 2008, the 70ha Jurong Gateway encompasses amenities such as the Jurong East MRT station, existing and upcoming malls like Jem, J Cube, Westgate and Big Box, and Ng Teng Fong Hospital.

In due course, a new hotel will be developed in Jurong Gateway - a site there was bought for $238.2 million in November by Resorts World Singapore, a unit of Genting Singapore.

Jurong Gateway is one of two zones - the other being Lakeside - that make up Jurong Lake District.

Other consultants say prices at 99-year leasehold J Gateway are not far off from what other condos are also asking.

Savills Singapore research head Alan Cheong pointed out that some units at recently launched The Trilinq at Clementi, just one MRT stop away, sold for $1,500 psf. He said: "If you adjust for J Gateway's location within the new Jurong Lake District, you would think the range of $1,450 psf to $1,650 psf is definitely expected."

If J Gateway has a successful launch, this will likely have a ripple effect on prices of homes in the Jurong East area, said Mr Cheong: "It's like disturbing a quiet pond. With one mega launch like this, it will certainly create waves around the region."

Prices of units at Keppel Land's The Lakefront Residences in the Lakeside area are at $1,434 psf for a 495 sq ft unit, and are expected to inch up, said Mr Cheong.

That in turn, might lift resale prices of older condominiums such as Parc Oasis, which are at $1,022 psf for a 1,076 sq ft unit.

"Gone are the days where you can find anything below $1,000 in the suburban areas at new launches," he noted.

[email protected]

fiat500
14-06-13, 16:35
Buyer must be insane to pay 1600psf for jurong ..
Furthermore it's LH...

phantom_opera
14-06-13, 16:51
when u understand the world has 1 billion emerging middle class fighting for a place in major Asian cities ..... then 1600psf is not insane especially when quantum is small .. it is called the "Asian story premium"

RCT
14-06-13, 17:47
But u can get better location with that psf.... Right?

kane
14-06-13, 17:59
But u can get better location with that psf.... Right?

Much better. But that's because I am not much a west person.

fiat500
14-06-13, 17:59
when u understand the world has 1 billion emerging middle class fighting for a place in major Asian cities ..... then 1600psf is not insane especially when quantum is small .. it is called the "Asian story premium"
I reckon this "story" nobody will read...:D
Katong would definitely be a much better choice.

Pikachu1245
14-06-13, 18:22

Katong may not be a better choice for someone who works in the western part of Singapore. As time is money, saving on traveling time to / from work is critical for many potential buyers. As jobs are being created in several parts of Singapore at OCR regions, so the psf of OCR are naturally moving upwards........
Do not be surprise if it even move towards $2000psf....many people (local/foreigner) can easily afford......:2cents:

azeoprop
14-06-13, 18:51
If I work in the west, I rather stay in a FH semi-d or cluster house in bukit indah. :D

Khng8
14-06-13, 18:54
Hmmm.
Interesting proposition on the Bukit Indah landed.
Even without HSR, would JB properties be a better alternative?

hyenergix
14-06-13, 19:02
Hmmm.
Interesting proposition on the Bukit Indah landed.
Even without HSR, would JB properties be a better alternative?

Yes, indeed. But if they have children attending schools, then it will be challenging.

fiat500
14-06-13, 19:25
Katong may not be a better choice for someone who works in the western part of Singapore. As time is money, saving on traveling time to / from work is critical for many potential buyers. As jobs are being created in several parts of Singapore at OCR regions, so the psf of OCR are naturally moving upwards........
Do not be surprise if it even move towards $2000psf....many people (local/foreigner) can easily afford......:2cents:
Katong was just quoted as an example. It could also be redhill, bukit timah or holland village etc....
All these definitely better buys than jurong.

Ringo33
14-06-13, 19:37
Katong was just quoted as an example. It could also be redhill, bukit timah or holland village etc....

All those area you mentioned are already very well developed and there are actually nothing much in the pipe line beside more supply of residential development.

At JLD, we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg, in the coming months and years, you will then see how this entire site transform in to the largest commercial hub outside CBD + watch out for a theme park coming up in lakeside area.

In terms of rental investment, J Gateway is a no brainer.

amk
14-06-13, 19:57
Good to have faith in yr investment :)
So you totally believe in this jurong story, then go for it. 1600 is cheap actually, if all the commercial activities come on line and there should have plenty of rental demand.

Khng8
14-06-13, 20:00
From investment perspective, it still hinges on how much of the future price the developer has already factored in the selling price.
And what is the investor's time horizon.
I don't find it attractive if one has to pay 10% ABSD on $1650 psf.

Allthepies
14-06-13, 20:29

So as to eat katong laksa? :)

lionhill
14-06-13, 21:26
All depend on where you are working and whether you have children going to school.

If you are working in CBD, Katong and redhill will be a good choice. For people working in Science Park or Jurong, even redhill and Yowetan's favorite, Mt Sinai seem remote lah, let along Katong...

For school children, holland village or redhill are also not convenient choice, not familar with Kotang, therefore, no comments.

bakasa2002
14-06-13, 21:39
Any prediction how will the sales be at this type of psf? Say for the launch weekend? =)

teddybear
14-06-13, 22:41
JLD? No hurry to buy. Next recession can buy at <S$1200 psf... :rolleyes:

All those area you mentioned are already very well developed and there are actually nothing much in the pipe line beside more supply of residential development.

At JLD, we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg, in the coming months and years, you will then see how this entire site transform in to the largest commercial hub outside CBD + watch out for a theme park coming up in lakeside area.

In terms of rental investment, J Gateway is a no brainer.

CondoInterested
14-06-13, 22:42
I was a West person, used to stay in the West 20+ years and I also think the price is crazy.

Looking at the crowds at Clementi and Jurong East. OMG, it's like Boon Lay Point / MRT and Tampines Town Central. Think nowadays, Orchard might have lesser crowd compare to these areas.

Oh, how can you say Mt Senile is remote, it has a nearby Dover MRT. Wait some Tan gets angry...

lajia
14-06-13, 23:04
Any prediction how will the sales be at this type of psf? Say for the launch weekend? =)

SOLD OUT within 1 wk...:D

CondoInterested
14-06-13, 23:14
SOLD OUT within 1 wk...:DYou mean 1 wkend or 1 wk before launch...:D

Pikachu1245
14-06-13, 23:17

It will Not be surprising that one bedder will be sold out in few mins/hrs of VVIP launch due to limited supply just like La Fiesta sales....and many will be turned away from sold out condition for one bedder.....

Autumnwinds
14-06-13, 23:52
I would beg to differ, there are really many units with poor facing. Let's see how well the developer would price it.

I agree that 1650 is too much a price to pay for the West. I'm too a west person for the past 20years. And I will add that I do not like it here(will be moving to another part of Singapore in a few years), but to people that have been here for a long time tool, they would agree that the developments in the area have indeed brought much excitement. Maybe to many others JLD seems like a very interesting place, but my personal opinion is that the west would always be the west.

But hey, to the people who genuinely like the west and what JLD has to offer, I think it's their dough and they choose how they wish to spend it. We can all lay shit on the development and claim how lousy the area is. But the fact is that it isn't. I've lived in the age where the west was truly as what people claimed. The smell of cocoa in the air/Jurong island air pollution. Despite that, Everyone here still seems to be doing well.

To the people that truly value the convenience it brings, and to the people that feel there is much potential in the area, they aren't wrong. For people who feel that the 1650 could be put to better use somewhere else, you aren't wrong. But it's where we truly feel it best to put our money. What if in the near future the price has appreciated to 2000psf, I'm sure many people would be shitting bricks upon hearing it, but the fact remains that it isn't impossible.

Probably many people who liked me, have been living here for almost all of their lives, be it upgrades, investors whatsoever. They feel there is potential to this(though there is pretty much potential everywhere else in Singapore), why should others be critical about how their choice. Though we can give our two cents, but ultimately they aren't spending our money? It belongs to them, they have the right to whatever they want, we have the right to say whatever we want to, but perhaps to the people who have much negativity on this development, perhaps we could give the people who wish to purchase it some peace, and congratulate them on a solid investment.

Having said all of that, I'm neither a spokesperson of MCL, nor am I'm vesting in this project. I was merely giving my two cents. :2cents: :D

CCR
15-06-13, 00:07
JLD will be a classic case of people's past perception causing them to discount the potential but in 5 years time, the reality will set in....

IF MND and Khaw is working there for the next 30 years (above Jem) you think the place will suck?

I dont like West due to its reputationm but i think this story will be a generational shift in paradigm....

The whole area will be more interesting than PAya Lebar, or even Kallang riverside...

Humans and especially in this internet era wants instant gratification... so until they see the finished product in 5- 8 years time they will all want it, but by then gotta pay much higher prices....

Thats why some people make money while others suck thumb....

Always buy during massive construction and and sell once the area is completed...

In property buy early and buy contrarian never wrong....

In stocks contrarian might not work coz a company can go bankrupt, but for property, esp SG will not go bankrupt so when you buy when it gloom and doom, thats why you make most money...

And buy when they are massive construction and inconveniences so you get the upside once its completed...

For JGateway, its simple... if its 1650 psf now and its sold out in weeks, then by the time it TOP in 4 years with many development in JLD completed it will be 2k psf simple as that.... unless another lehman comes...

Why would someone pays 1650 psf and then when its completed spanking new with all shopping and amenities completed sell for much lower?

Ringo33
15-06-13, 00:19
I would beg to differ, there are really many units with poor facing. Let's see how well the developer would price it.

I agree that 1650 is too much a price to pay for the West. I'm too a west person for the past 20years. And I will add that I do not like it here(will be moving to another part of Singapore in a few years), but to people that have been here for a long time tool, they would agree that the developments in the area have indeed brought much excitement. Maybe to many others JLD seems like a very interesting place, but my personal opinion is that the west would always be the west.

But hey, to the people who genuinely like the west and what JLD has to offer, I think it's their dough and they choose how they wish to spend it. We can all lay shit on the development and claim how lousy the area is. But the fact is that it isn't. I've lived in the age where the west was truly as what people claimed. The smell of cocoa in the air/Jurong island air pollution. Despite that, Everyone here still seems to be doing well.

To the people that truly value the convenience it brings, and to the people that feel there is much potential in the area, they aren't wrong. For people who feel that the 1650 could be put to better use somewhere else, you aren't wrong. But it's where we truly feel it best to put our money. What if in the near future the price has appreciated to 2000psf, I'm sure many people would be shitting bricks upon hearing it, but the fact remains that it isn't impossible.

Probably many people who liked me, have been living here for almost all of their lives, be it upgrades, investors whatsoever. They feel there is potential to this(though there is pretty much potential everywhere else in Singapore), why should others be critical about how their choice. Though we can give our two cents, but ultimately they aren't spending our money? It belongs to them, they have the right to whatever they want, we have the right to say whatever we want to, but perhaps to the people who have much negativity on this development, perhaps we could give the people who wish to purchase it some peace, and congratulate them on a solid investment.

Having said all of that, I'm neither a spokesperson of MCL, nor am I'm vesting in this project. I was merely giving my two cents. :2cents: :D

your feeling reminds me of what people were saying about Jurong when FEO launch Lakeshore at close to $1000psf.

Autumnwinds
15-06-13, 00:36
your feeling reminds me of what people were saying about Jurong when FEO launch Lakeshore at close to $1000psf.

Hahaha, how come?? I speak with experience about lakeshore. I did go to see the project. I felt the furnishing wasn't good and at that point I felt it a ridiculous price to pay.

I would add that my secondary school is beside lakeshore. :D

CondoInterested
15-06-13, 01:07
Yuhua Secondary School?

I teached there as relief teacher for 1 month and I moved on when I got my first job. :D But that was hundreds of moons ago.

Impressed, Lakeshore actually has it's own website with all the nice picture of their activities.

Autumnwinds
15-06-13, 01:21
Yuhua Secondary School?

I teached there as relief teacher for 1 month and I moved on when I got my first job. :D But that was hundreds of moons ago.

Impressed, Lakeshore actually has it's own website with all the nice picture of their activities.

Good guess, switch the YU with a FU.

I've a friend staying there, been to his place many times before. I would say it's not as bad as I first imagined.

kane
15-06-13, 01:59
if they sold Lakeshore at 1000psf, it surely took the owners a long time to get to where they are today on a psf basis.

Komo
15-06-13, 08:48
still JLD is a better choice than Iscandar if one is looking for both investment and dream home in a nice living environment. Iscandar may be just dream afterall:D

Coolstuff
15-06-13, 09:04
For JGateway, its simple... if its 1650 psf now and its sold out in weeks, then by the time it TOP in 4 years with many development in JLD completed it will be 2k psf simple as that.... unless another lehman comes...

Buyers with holding power will not worry about another Lehman crisis cos they can just wait it out. Look at how swiftly Singapore recovered from it.

hyenergix
15-06-13, 09:07
still JLD is a better choice than Iscandar if one is looking for both investment and dream home in a nice living environment. Iscandar may be just dream afterall:D

Different product.

JLD is to stay and make $. After making $ you go Iskandar to spend $ as weekend house or retirement.

E.g. for S$800k for a 99LH 1-bedder in the Jurong East new launch, you get this freehold bungalow in Johor with spare change for a top notch renovation and a new BMW (15 min drive from 1st link): http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/johor-bahru-for-sale-2591669

Wait Long Long
15-06-13, 10:43

Don't think Lakeshore was launched at this price. A friend bought it subsale at about $600+ psf. The seller bought it for about $400+ psf. (Think it was launched in 2003)

lionhill
15-06-13, 11:42
I was a West person, used to stay in the West 20+ years and I also think the price is crazy.

Looking at the crowds at Clementi and Jurong East. OMG, it's like Boon Lay Point / MRT and Tampines Town Central. Think nowadays, Orchard might have lesser crowd compare to these areas.

Oh, how can you say Mt Senile is remote, it has a nearby Dover MRT. Wait some Tan gets angry...
Actually, it is not me who think Mt Sinai was remote. It is my colleague who once tried to rent a house there. After she come back from her visit two years ago, she told me "so inconvenient, so old, still so expensive". even yesterday, she was still referring to her visit and saying the price there was crazy. I think her view was standard for a person who works in Science park but not familiar with the area.

So, which place is good really depends on in whose eyes. and i think where there is high-end office and educational institutions, where there is high house price.

Regulators
15-06-13, 12:27
Malaysia has a lot more upside potential than jld. The price of a two bedr in jurong can buy 3-4 condos in johor, that alone to me is an upside as you can spread out your risk in four different properties with the same amt of money n enjoy higher rental yield n capital appreciatn

lionhill
15-06-13, 12:41
I do not like J-gateWay becuase it is too near to MRT and the land parcel it very small.

But I do not understand why tenah menah and Bedok can be sold at $1600, why cannot Jurong East? it is crazy to buy lakeside (due to the smell) at this price, but Jurong East is ok, right?

Likewise, I also cannot understand why sky-habitat cannot be sold out, seeing many PCs at other places sell well.

Xan
15-06-13, 12:54
Buying JLD at 1600psf is like believing it in a few years time, It will go up to 2k psf.
There are mainly two groups of people here, believe or don't believe.
Well... Some people like myself cannot be convinced there will be people buying my J residence 1 bedder at 1mil in near future. I think these buyers got better choices elsewhere with this kinda budget.
Just my :2cents:
(I reccee the place 4 times already and acknowledge it has got potential. But Im still not convinced. I know I might be wrong, centro at 1800/1900psf had already proven me wrong again and again)

CondoInterested
15-06-13, 13:33
...I also cannot understand why sky-habitat cannot be sold out... Because over priced. What was the price at first launch?

Now discount until $13XX psf, see attached.

kane
15-06-13, 13:48
I do not like J-gateWay becuase it is too near to MRT and the land parcel it very small.

But I do not understand why tenah menah and Bedok can be sold at $1600, why cannot Jurong East? it is crazy to buy lakeside (due to the smell) at this price, but Jurong East is ok, right?

Likewise, I also cannot understand why sky-habitat cannot be sold out, seeing many PCs at other places sell well.

the crowd will start tp return to SH when they have accepted 1400-1500psf as the new norm for suburbia.

lajia
15-06-13, 15:47
many investors & upgraders will flock to this project, i still think it will last no more than a wk. :2cents:

yowetan
15-06-13, 15:49
many investors & upgraders will flock to this project, i still think it will last no more than a wk. :2cents:

I hope it will crash and weeds out these "investors".

Then the price will have to correct to rightful state.

My Mt Sinai shall within sight.

DKSG
15-06-13, 15:59
I hope it will crash and weeds out these "investors".

Then the price will have to correct to rightful state.

My Mt Sinai shall within sight.

Your Mt Sinai price has been going up by at least $1 psf PER DAY each day in the past 2 years and it is still going up.

Mind share with us how you feel about this ?

Now with Jurong going up to $1,600, I strongly believe it will escalate the price increase in Mt Sinai, since both are west side PCs.

DKSG

yowetan
15-06-13, 16:00
Your Mt Sinai price has been going up by at least $1 psf PER DAY each day in the past 2 years and it is still going up.

Mind share with us how you feel about this ?

Now with Jurong going up to $1,600, I strongly believe it will escalate the price increase in Mt Sinai, since both are west side PCs.

DKSG

I will feel very excited as my vision and expectation of Mt Sinai is inline with my prediction.

Being said that, a crash is needed to reset everything into order.

Autumnwinds
15-06-13, 17:21
I will feel very excited as my vision and expectation of Mt Sinai is inline with my prediction.

I believe that in the event of a crash, people who own properties in mt Sinai can afford to hold their properties till the economy gets better:)

CCR
15-06-13, 18:06

What is your vision and prediction?

fiat500
15-06-13, 19:59
If this 99yrs jurong project hits 1600-1700psf,it will definitely push up the prices in other areas..
In selfish terms, i hope this will be a successful project..:D

But for me, i will surely not buy jurong @ this crazy price.

kane
15-06-13, 20:10
a new record in any part of the island always lift the expectations of sellers.

CondoWE
15-06-13, 21:05

Even there is really a crash, atmost 20% drop in market value nia. With your 50k on hand, I am pretty sure that you still can't afford to buy Mt Sinai leh :tsk-tsk: .

Mu
15-06-13, 21:05
$1600psf in JE is unbelievable....

After a general "moderation" of prices in suburban areas in the last few months, suddenly we have this:doh:

I think if developers continue to "taunt" the gov like this, another CM will likely be unleashed:scared-1:

The only gateway is the gateway to Tuas and Pioneer industrial areas. Every morning thousands of blue collar workers working in the factories around Tuas, Pandan, Pioneer etc conggregate at JE MRT. This is generally the pick up point for their company transport. Same thing in the evening. I have nothing against Blue Collar workers...but $1600 psf for this area is scary....:scared-3:

mygeemeel
15-06-13, 21:11
Even there is really a crash, atmost 20% drop in market value nia. With your 50k on hand, I am pretty sure that you still can't afford to buy Mt Sinai leh :tsk-tsk: .

He is a joke !! S$50k can only buy 4D.

teddybear
16-06-13, 00:09
It is Ok for these people since they like to smell the cocoa, coffee, and refinery fumes, drive among the heavy vehicles, mix around and take public transport with all these loads of blue-collar workers wearing overalls/oil greased uniforms/... among the markets and shops and rub shoulders and bodies, ... To ensure that they can enjoy what they like, have to pay more lah, like $1600 psf! :p

After a general "moderation" of prices in suburban areas in the last few months, suddenly we have this:doh:

I think if developers continue to "taunt" the gov like this, another CM will likely be unleashed:scared-1:

The only gateway is the gateway to Tuas and Pioneer industrial areas. Every morning thousands of blue collar workers working in the factories around Tuas, Pandan, Pioneer etc conggregate at JE MRT. This is generally the pick up point for their company transport. Same thing in the evening. I have nothing against Blue Collar workers...but $1600 psf for this area is scary....:scared-3:

hyenergix
16-06-13, 00:11
It is Ok for these people since they like to smell the cocoa, coffee, and refinery fumes, drive among the heavy vehicles, mix around and take public transport with all these loads of blue-collar workers wearing overalls/oil greased uniforms/... among the markets and shops and rub shoulders and bodies, ... To ensure that they can enjoy what they like, have to pay more lah, like $1600 psf! :p

JLD is going to have whiter than white people there. You are blabbering nonsense http://app.mnd.gov.sg/Newsroom/NewsPage.aspx?ID=1868&category=Press%20Release&year=2011&RA1=&RA2=&RA3=

henryhk
16-06-13, 00:16

Yala, u nver work for anyting, just take $ from elderly, wish to reset, wait long long, I believe tose who start early, has work harder than u, u really cheapo!

Ringo33
16-06-13, 00:24
As an investor, why bother about white blue or purple. At the end of day its about identifying investment opportunity and making money.

Capitaland MCL Land, Land Lease, Genting, Sim Lian etc have already committed in hundreds of million into J Gateway, so there is no reason to believe that this place will not take off.

fiat500
16-06-13, 00:32
As an investor, why bother about white blue or purple. At the end of day its about identifying investment opportunity and making money.

Capitaland MCL Land, Land Lease, Genting, Sim Lian etc have already committed in hundreds of million into J Gateway, so there is no reason to believe that this place will not take off.
The rest of singapore will boom together or even higher..:cheers4:

hyenergix
16-06-13, 00:33
JLD is going to have whiter than white people there. You are blabbering nonsense http://app.mnd.gov.sg/Newsroom/NewsPage.aspx?ID=1868&category=Press%20Release&year=2011&RA1=&RA2=&RA3=

I was just joking. Be happy when you see manufacturing workers, factories and trucks around as it shows that our economy is still sound. Singapore is too small to maintain green lungs as buffer. Those who really want clean and green environment are buying overseas.

Mu
16-06-13, 00:34
Whatever I feel, I think this project will still see strong sales:cheers5:

I wonder what next...$1600 pst at Woodlands?

henryhk
16-06-13, 00:37
I would say 1600 at upper Bukit timah first wen the downtown line is up and running in 2015,

hyenergix
16-06-13, 00:39
Whatever I feel, I think this project will still see strong sales:cheers5:

I wonder what next...$1600 pst at Woodlands?

Possible with RTS.

Mu
16-06-13, 00:41
I would say 1600 at upper Bukit timah first wen the downtown line is up and running in 2015,

I agree...when you compare the recent projects, Upp Bukit Timah seems rather undervalued....

Just look at the value of projects at the boundary of Upp Bkt Timah Rd such as Jardin...these have sky high prices.

Projects like the Linear are bound to go up....Maybe not great for own stay, but rental will be strong. 999 yrs some more:cheers5:

hyenergix
16-06-13, 00:45
I agree...when you compare the recent projects, Upp Bukit Timah seems rather undervalued....

Just look at the value of projects at the boundary of Upp Bkt Timah Rd such as Jardin...these have sky high prices.

Projects like the Linear are bound to go up....Maybe not great for own stay, but rental will be strong. 999 yrs some more:cheers5:

Rental long upper bukit timah is currently not very good.

Mu
16-06-13, 00:55
Rental long upper bukit timah is currently not very good.

Maybe not now....But once MRT is up....Plus not forgetting Hillion Mall? :cheers5:

Ringo33
16-06-13, 01:12
Maybe not now....But once MRT is up....Plus not forgetting Hillion Mall? :cheers5:

when MRT is ready, those living along Bukit Timah is going to have a rude shock when they realize that the trains stopping by their station during peak hours are so pack that they will need to wait a feel trains just to get on board.

hyenergix
16-06-13, 01:18

Bukit Panjang is really stretching the patience of shoppers living elsewhere unless the shops offer products or services that cannot be found elsewhere. The problem with that upper bukit timah is it leads to very little things further up. This is inherent due to Mindef and SAF training grounds located in that area.

Mu
16-06-13, 01:20
Bukit Panjang is really stretching the patience of shoppers living elsewhere unless the shops offer products or services that cannot be found elsewhere. The problem with that upper bukit timah is it leads to very little things further up. This is inherent due to Mindef and SAF training grounds located in that area.

Let's wait and see:cheers3:

dare2
16-06-13, 09:32
Let's wait and see:cheers3:
...yup lets wait and see....how ten mile and Hillion shops adds to the varieties....apart from the boutique mall like HillV 2 and redevelopment or rejunevation of the Beauty World/Bt Timah Cluster....and with train track in place...frequency of train can be adjusted....a matter of demand and supply....also SMRT is known to send empty train to mid station to start a journey as and when necessary.....its all a matter of potential in investment....JLD is already at a high point...Bt Timah/Hillview/Bt Panjang....not at the same level now...but lets wait and see.

Actually I do not understand what is meant by:
Originally Posted by hyenergix

How would Bt Panjang stretching the patientce of shopping living elsewhere??????

Further up of BT Timah are JLD and Wdloands lah.....Sg is not like JB....anywhere is 15 mins to 30 mins drive...

hyenergix
16-06-13, 11:15
...yup lets wait and see....how ten mile and Hillion shops adds to the varieties....apart from the boutique mall like HillV 2 and redevelopment or rejunevation of the Beauty World/Bt Timah Cluster....and with train track in place...frequency of train can be adjusted....a matter of demand and supply....also SMRT is known to send empty train to mid station to start a journey as and when necessary.....its all a matter of potential in investment....JLD is already at a high point...Bt Timah/Hillview/Bt Panjang....not at the same level now...but lets wait and see.

Actually I do not understand what is meant by:
Originally Posted by hyenergix

How would Bt Panjang stretching the patientce of shopping living elsewhere??????

Further up of BT Timah are JLD and Wdloands lah.....Sg is not like JB....anywhere is 15 mins to 30 mins drive...

I mean there are so many malls nowadays offering almost the same products at similar prices, why should shoppers go all the way to shop at Bukit Panjang?

dare2
16-06-13, 16:37
I mean there are so many malls nowadays offering almost the same products at similar prices, why should shoppers go all the way to shop at Bukit Panjang?
...yes why should they? This does not make any sense in your argument, Mall are shopping nodes for each districts...so why would people in the East travel to shop in BP? .....so what are you saying? Hillion BPP and Ten Mile are meant for the population in that area....similarly BP residents has no reason to go all the way to Tampines to shop.....have you been OT too much?

DKSG
16-06-13, 19:00

I predict this is how things will pan out...

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Bt Timah (near Newton) @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500
River Valley Central @ $2,800

Anything you see selling way below these prices now - just grab !

DKSG

hyenergix
16-06-13, 20:22
...yes why should they? This does not make any sense in your argument, Mall are shopping nodes for each districts...so why would people in the East travel to shop in BP? .....so what are you saying? Hillion BPP and Ten Mile are meant for the population in that area....similarly BP residents has no reason to go all the way to Tampines to shop.....have you been OT too much?

I will share my thoughts in greater detail later (after a good rest) on the area because I studied it extensively while looking for a unit there a couple of years back.

Khng8
16-06-13, 20:29

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500

DKSG

Hi Office Boy,
Can you clarify where River Valley Central would refer to?
Tq

dare2
16-06-13, 21:31
I will share my thoughts in greater detail later (after a good rest) on the area because I studied it extensively while looking for a unit there a couple of years back.
...ya you do sound incoherent........but would infor that's a few years back are outdated ......?

lionhill
16-06-13, 22:08

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500

DKSG

brother, would you share why you are so bullish on upper bt timah? besides, the area of jurong is very broad. jurong east @ $1500 will turn to be true this month la...

proud owner
16-06-13, 22:09

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500

DKSG

what about Holland rd area ? between botanic gardens and HV ?

Mu
16-06-13, 22:28

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500

DKSG

Brother ask u what do you think about these 3 places

1) Hillview
2) Clementi
3) Far East such as Pasir Ris, Tampines

Seems like Hillview is appreciating fast (at least for new projects). Clementi does not seem as attractive. And the Far East is lagging behind terribly compared to the far west.

Ringo33
16-06-13, 22:58

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500

DKSG

prediction with no time line? Win liao loh.

focus
16-06-13, 23:39

Jurong @ $1,500
Upp Bt Timah @ $1,900
Redhill @ $2,100
Kim Seng @ $2,500
Newton @ $2,500

DKSG

Do some prediction from east to central side.
Let the east people also feel shiok shiok a bit! :)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
17-06-13, 08:26
JLB 1500 (already)
Flora 1300
Pasir Ris 1600
Tampines 1800
Bedok 1900
Eunos 2000
PLB 2100
Geylang 2200
Kallang 2500

:D

Timeline: by 2020

taggy
17-06-13, 09:04
JLB 1500 (already)
Flora 1300
Pasir Ris 1600
Tampines 1800
Bedok 1900
Eunos 2000
PLB 2100
Geylang 2200
Kallang 2500

i sincerely hope your Kallang prediction come true :D

lionhill
17-06-13, 09:22
please note the timeline.

after so many disputes about the JLD project, I notice a phenomena, no matter how ulu a place, the price will go higher and higher if there are continuous supply of new projects in the pipeline. The reason is that
people do not really understand how the project is and how good the locations are, although SG is small. We just refer to previous project, XXX sold at this price already, so this new one, just add 100+ psf. If it is sold at the same price as the existing one, or even lower than that, confirm sold in one month, regardless the lack of facility.

those will little competition will be undervalued.

taggy
17-06-13, 09:47
please note the timeline.

those will little competition will be undervalued.
that's why I sincerely feel kallang is under price :D. ... sigh... kallang riverside NATO

mermaid
17-06-13, 09:54

no choice leh, cos the developer paid a too high premium for the land, hence this nid to pass on to the ultimate consumers :doh:

lionhill
17-06-13, 09:56
that's why I sincerely feel kallang is under price :D. ... sigh... kallang riverside NATO
do not worry. it will finally shine if it is gold. Those going high for no reasons will drop to no place should there be a crisis.

I rember brother Phantom mentioned somewhere that WuDaokou outside Beijing 4 ring is as expensive as Beijing CBD. It is just becuase Wudaokou is really gold although it is surburb in SG terms.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 09:59

Kallang I am not so sure actually.

The entire sport city might just end up like a eye candy big white elephant purely because Singapore is not exactly a sports nation.

Perhaps few years down the road, it might just end up like singapore flyer.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 10:06
no choice leh, cos the developer paid a too high premium for the land, hence this nid to pass on to the ultimate consumers :doh:

The developer breakeven cost is around $1200psf so its no that they dont have a choice, but rather maximizing profit and setting up the launch price for their other site at Jurong West.

taggy
17-06-13, 10:08

The entire sport city might just end up like a eye candy big white elephant purely because Singapore is not exactly a sports nation.

bo pian lor... then have to wait for the rest of island up first and pull the price along :D

eh... the 2 famous southbank supporters fall in :D

focus
17-06-13, 14:07
JLB 1500 (already)
Flora 1300
Pasir Ris 1600
Tampines 1800
Bedok 1900
Eunos 2000
PLB 2100
Geylang 2200
Kallang 2500

SHIOK!
\

I pray it is true as well!

Reisor
17-06-13, 14:41
JLB 1500 (already)
Flora 1300
Pasir Ris 1600
Tampines 1800
Bedok 1900
Eunos 2000
PLB 2100
Geylang 2200
Kallang 2500

Hi, having lived in east 100% of my life this far, I liked your prediction.
Tampines and bedok should the about the same with tampines being more infra-structurally endowed. Eunos could be same too. PLB, once plans firmed up should be slightly higher as pointed out. Geylang though nearer will always have the taboo and will sell lower than PLB. Kallang side is a lifestyle and not fully tested in the market but I predict it will be a success but one notch below the CBD zone for it to be marketable, just like east coast lifestyle living.

Eventually, all will rise when the tide comes (excerpt from the Legend LKY himself) with all the MRT Hub lifestyle units having higher premium starting from $1500psf (proven now).

CHEERS.

Mu
17-06-13, 21:40
JLB 1500 (already)
Flora 1300
Pasir Ris 1600
Tampines 1800
Bedok 1900
Eunos 2000
PLB 2100
Geylang 2200
Kallang 2500

I predict North South East West won't be too much diff in near future.

If Jurong can be priced at 1600 now, why not Bedok, Pasir Ris etc?...All u need is a master plan and development for the areas....And judging by the fact that land is so scared, more and more of these previously though of "Ulu" places will soon sky rocket:cheers6: :cheers6:

DKSG
17-06-13, 21:59

If Jurong can be priced at 1600 now, why not Bedok, Pasir Ris etc?...All u need is a master plan and development for the areas....And judging by the fact that land is so scared, more and more of these previously though of "Ulu" places will soon sky rocket:cheers6: :cheers6:

That is already happening.

Following that, Office Boy's theory of Concentration will prevail!

Sit tight !

DKSG

Mu
17-06-13, 22:06
That is already happening.

Following that, Office Boy's theory of Concentration will prevail!

Sit tight !

DKSG

Cheers Brother:cheers2:

andylau001
18-06-13, 14:14
hm 1600 per sqft is indeed too much in jurong area. but government is trying to build that area into new commercial area in the west, and there are many upcoming development in that area.

But given the 99 years leasehold in J gateway and quite far from the city, I think I will still prefer Jewel @ Buangkok. Much lower price around 1100 per sqft and considering how crowded Singapore has become in the last few years, Buangkok has less crowd. not very far to the city, about 15-20 mins to dhoby ghaut (not to bad). For those who are interested, can check in http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/jewel-buangkok

dare2
18-06-13, 16:23
hm 1600 per sqft is indeed too much in jurong area. but government is trying to build that area into new commercial area in the west, and there are many upcoming development in that area.

But given the 99 years leasehold in J gateway and quite far from the city, I think I will still prefer Jewel @ Buangkok. Much lower price around 1100 per sqft and considering how crowded Singapore has become in the last few years, Buangkok has less crowd. not very far to the city, about 15-20 mins to dhoby ghaut (not to bad). For those who are interested, can check in http://www.newsgprop.com/listing/jewel-buangkok

Wah nice commercial......you are indeed a resourceful agent ...or should I say nice acting Andy Lau aka Lukman....hahahha

hyenergix
19-06-13, 09:40

Here was the snap-shoot of my thoughts on upper bukit timah/hillview areas about 2-3 years ago:

1. Few commercial and recreational development opportunities in the Bukit Panjang/ Teck Whye/ Choa Chu Kang area. Likely reason was the heavy presence of Mindef, SAF training grounds, air-base and natural reserves that restrict developments.

2. Very heavy traffic along upper bukit timah road and difficult exit to PIE towards city. The ERP and MRT construction didn't help.

3. Not much amenities e.g. wet market, hawker center, malls in the area to generate buzz and vibrancy.

4. The newer properties I was considering were mostly east-west facing. The good thing was they were either 999LH or FH.

Things could have improved since then, particularly with the MRT. But looking at the hilly terrain and lack of major access roads, I would expect traffic along upper bukit timah road to remain very heavy with constrictions at the entrance and exit to this area. This area should remain a predominantly residential area for the next 5-10 years.

dare2
19-06-13, 15:24
Here was the snap-shoot of my thoughts on upper bukit timah/hillview areas about 2-3 years ago:

1. Few commercial and recreational development opportunities in the Bukit Panjang/ Teck Whye/ Choa Chu Kang area. Likely reason was the heavy presence of Mindef, SAF training grounds, air-base and natural reserves that restrict developments.

2. Very heavy traffic along upper bukit timah road and difficult exit to PIE towards city. The ERP and MRT construction didn't help.

3. Not much amenities e.g. wet market, hawker center, malls in the area to generate buzz and vibrancy.

4. The newer properties I was considering were mostly east-west facing. The good thing was they were either 999LH or FH.

Things could have improved since then, particularly with the MRT. But looking at the hilly terrain and lack of major access roads, I would expect traffic along upper bukit timah road to remain very heavy with constrictions at the entrance and exit to this area. This area should remain a predominantly residential area for the next 5-10 years.

Hillion, Hillier, Ten mile plus the existing BPP, and possible redevelopment at BTP, BW etc....all on the DTL route/stops... Also eateries at Railway mall...Bt Timah reserve is not recreational? Guilin Park? ...take a couple of station down and you are at Botanic Gdn....Traffic as bad at AYE and gonna get worse with JLD....think you are not objective in your analysis or have not done proper research....you don't need megamall to get the same products as you yourself have mentioned that all malls offer the same range of shops...getting to JLD from Hillview is probably only no more than 10-15 mins drive...also BKE to Wdlands is also a regional ctr....In many ways Hillview is more central to the various options than many places.....additional flyover will also alleviate the traffic along BT rd.

hyenergix
19-06-13, 15:46
Hillion, Hillier, Ten mile plus the existing BPP, and possible redevelopment at BTP, BW etc....all on the DTL route/stops... Also eateries at Railway mall...Bt Timah reserve is not recreational? Guilin Park? ...take a couple of station down and you are at Botanic Gdn....Traffic as bad at AYE and gonna get worse with JLD....think you are not objective in your analysis or have not done proper research....you don't need megamall to get the same products as you yourself have mentioned that all malls offer the same range of shops...getting to JLD from Hillview is probably only no more than 10-15 mins drive...also BKE to Wdlands is also a regional ctr....In many ways Hillview is more central to the various options than many places.....additional flyover will also alleviate the traffic along BT rd.

I couldn't wait for the things to materialise, and many developments were not announced about 3 years ago, so I went to buy elsewhere instead ;) I travel along upper bukit timah quite often so I'm quite sure it is not my cup of tea. To date a few of my friends at Hillview still have difficulty renting out or selling their units. Things may change after the completion of the MRT but time to me is very crucial.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 17:02
I couldn't wait for the things to materialise, and many developments were not announced about 3 years ago, so I went to buy elsewhere instead ;) I travel along upper bukit timah quite often so I'm quite sure it is not my cup of tea. To date a few of my friends at Hillview still have difficulty renting out or selling their units. Things may change after the completion of the MRT but time to me is very crucial.

Hillview is the most densely populated private estate in Singapore, that explain why that place is so congested

jslee78
19-06-13, 19:52

The government has spent billions to build up the many infrastructures at the Kallang riverside areas. currently served by 2 MRT lines ( Lavender + Nico), but soon will be three (the east coast line ). It has green connectivity all the way to Garden by the Bay and the east coast park. Its road connection to Shenton way and the new downtown core is surprisingly direct and convenience. And it will be one of the very few development with beach front and water sport at your door step.At high floor, the panoramic seaview is one of the very best in Spore. All in all, it offers "nature" and "city" within one's door step. I think the government will hold on the many reserved land there, waiting to fetch better price. Southbank is selling at 1827psf already. ( launch price at 600+psf on 2006)

Pro888
19-06-13, 20:05

by 2030 Woodlands will be $3000psf :cheers1:

Ringo33
19-06-13, 20:10
The government has spent billions to build up the many infrastructures at the Kallang riverside areas. currently served by 2 MRT lines ( Lavender + Nico), but soon will be three (the east coast line ). It has green connectivity all the way to Garden by the Bay and the east coast park. Its road connection to Shenton way and the new downtown core is surprisingly direct and convenience. And it will be one of the very few development with beach front and water sport at your door step.At high floor, the panoramic seaview is one of the very best in Spore. All in all, it offers "nature" and "city" within one's door step. I think the government will hold on the many reserved land there, waiting to fetch better price. Southbank is selling at 1827psf already. ( launch price at 600+psf on 2006)

As much as you like to think that Kallang is near Shenton way or Marina etc, Kallang is still predominantly a township for many low income Singaporeans. And all the eye candy of stadium and infrastructure is not going to suddenly turn Kallang into a upscale residential township.

You can go look up onemap population query on the number of household in Kallang area that is earning less than $3k per month. If you are living at Southbank, you should be familiar with HDB estate around Crawford and Beach Road.

teddybear
19-06-13, 20:14
Isn't the Western part of Singapore mostly for lower income Singaporeans as well and as the place mostly occupied by heavy industries? You are talking about JLD, an industrial district right? Industrial jobs pay more or financial jobs pay more hah? :rolleyes:

As much as you like to think that Kallang is near Shenton way or Marina etc, Kallang is still predominantly a township for many low income Singaporeans. And all the eye candy of stadium and infrastructure is not going to suddenly turn Kallang into a upscale residential township.

You can go look up onemap population query on the number of household in Kallang area that is earning less than $3k per month. If you are living at Southbank, you should be familiar with HDB estate around Crawford and Beach Road.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 20:27
Isn't the Western part of Singapore mostly for lower income Singaporeans as well and as the place mostly occupied by heavy industries? You are talking about JLD, an industrial district right? Industrial jobs pay more or financial jobs pay more hah? :rolleyes:
We are talking about residential area, not industrial area.

According to the website, there are around 44,000 people in Kallang or 43% of the population, living in 3 HDB room flat or smaller.

teddybear
19-06-13, 20:53
If you look at number of poor people housing (4 rm HDB flats and lower), there are >43,500 in Jurong West vs >24,000 in Kallang! So Kallang not so bad after all vs Jurong West!

According to the website, there are around 44,000 people in Kallang or 43% of the population, living in 3 HDB room flat or smaller.

Allthepies
19-06-13, 21:09
Interesting to say 4rm is poor man housing

Ringo33
19-06-13, 21:20
If you look at number of poor people housing (4 rm HDB flats and lower), there are >43,500 in Jurong West vs >24,000 in Kallang! So Kallang not so bad after all vs Jurong West!

1) If your intention is show us jurong is poor, then you should look at 4rm HDB and below instead of just 4 room.

2) If you want to compare numbers, best is to compare % because Jurong has got a much bigger population than Kallang

3) Are you talking about Jurong West or Jurong East? Or both?

4) What is your definition of poor?

teddybear
19-06-13, 21:29
I am looking at 4rm HDB flats and below.

Jurong West, can't you read what I wrote in previous post?

Oh I see, Jurong West has a bigger population than Kallang.

Then let's see number of private properties:
Jurong West - 4633
Kallang - 6235

Despite Jurong West having a much bigger population, more of the people are living in cheaper housing than Kallang.
So this statistic shows that there are more richer people by percentage terms living in Kallang than Jurong West, isn't it? :rolleyes:

1) If your intention is show us jurong is poor, then you should look at 4rm HDB and below instead of just 4 room.

2) If you want to compare numbers, best is to compare % because Jurong has got a much bigger population than Kallang

3) Are you talking about Jurong West or Jurong East? Or both?

4) What is your definition of poor?

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 22:05

Jurong West - 4633
Kallang - 6235

Despite Jurong West having a much bigger population, more of the people are living in cheaper housing than Kallang.
So this statistic shows that there are more richer people by percentage terms living in Kallang than Jurong West, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I agree with your thinking. The reason why i bought my first hdb in jurong, was cause it was the one of cheapest i could find in the whole of Singapore. It was a comparison between clementi, bukit batok and cck.

It's an extremely densed place and the pricing then was really cheap.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 22:20

Jurong West - 4633
Kallang - 6235

Despite Jurong West being a OCR and Kallang located in CCR, Kallang has got 43% percentage of resident living in 3rm and smaller HDB flat, while almost 40% of people living in Jurong West are living in 5rm HDB flats.

Its pretty obvious which district has got higher population of people living in cheaper housing.

The number of private apartment in each district is control by URA, and it is not a good indicator to compare which district is richer.

e.g. 50% of household in JW earns more than $5K while only 39% of the household in Kallang earn more than $5k

Among the working population, 40% of people living in Kallang earns less than $1.5k per month, while JW, only 28% earns less than $1.5k per month.

No doubt that in Kallang there will be wealthy individual, perhaps expat or tenant, etc, but if you look at Kallang in totality, it is still predominately a poor district.

Actually I am not even sure why do we even need to compare Kallang to JW. OCR vs CCR?

Allthepies
19-06-13, 22:37
West people all very poor one la... East all very rich lah...
That why jurong EAST is good, because it is in the EAST of Jurong...

hyenergix
19-06-13, 23:08
MRT was done again I heard. Our transport system cannot recover for e next 10 years at least to e reliability 10 years ago. Good to stay near ur workplace n parents. If u r working n parents r staying in e west, stay in e west.

dare2
19-06-13, 23:29
MRT was done again I heard. Our transport system cannot recover for e next 10 years at least to e reliability 10 years ago. Good to stay near ur workplace n parents. If u r working n parents r staying in e west, stay in e west.
The frequency of MRT breakdown is not an everyday affair, the frequency of dependency on parents is an everyday affair......and the reliability and likelihood of falling sick or of poor health for older folks may not necessary any lesser than MRT breakdowns....that is a fact of life....

teddybear
19-06-13, 23:58
when did Kallang become CCR? :rolleyes:

Despite Jurong West being a OCR and Kallang located in CCR, Kallang has got 43% percentage of resident living in 3rm and smaller HDB flat, while almost 40% of people living in Jurong West are living in 5rm HDB flats.

Its pretty obvious which district has got higher population of people living in cheaper housing.

The number of private apartment in each district is control by URA, and it is not a good indicator to compare which district is richer.

e.g. 50% of household in JW earns more than $5K while only 39% of the household in Kallang earn more than $5k

Among the working population, 40% of people living in Kallang earns less than $1.5k per month, while JW, only 28% earns less than $1.5k per month.

No doubt that in Kallang there will be wealthy individual, perhaps expat or tenant, etc, but if you look at Kallang in totality, it is still predominately a poor district.

Actually I am not even sure why do we even need to compare Kallang to JW. OCR vs CCR?

jslee78
20-06-13, 02:34
Imagine Singapore river in the 90s, before its transformation, Kallang basin and river with its unique resources and alot more reserved land fronting the waterbodies will be the next one to be transformed.By rejuvenating old estate, removal of industrial usage, the population profile will change and its income level will increase. The transformation of beach road is already started. Attempt has been made to transform golden mile complex into a 250m high mixed development. Although it remains unsuccessful, it will resurface. If this materialise, it will be the catalyst for bigger and faster transformation. Another interesting observation is that, URA has already put great emphasis on the skyline surrounding the basin, citylights and southbank development were carefully assessed such that they will give the basin a new and modern skyline.

xtreme_46
20-06-13, 16:35
hope they will build another MM unit in kallang like riverine by the park

Ringo33
20-06-13, 18:10
West people all very poor one la... East all very rich lah...
That why jurong EAST is good, because it is in the EAST of Jurong...

yar loh. But if you exclude tanjong rhu area out of Kallang district, the figure will be even more alarming.

minority
20-06-13, 18:54

But in the west side u get a lot of landed. Also the no. of GCB are much higher in the west too.

Reisor
20-06-13, 20:27
Agree on the income around Kallang being lower but due to old township with hardly any renewal since onset (70s) till now. The systemic renewal has been planned since the 2008 masterplan without public awareness of their timeline but it will be renewed sooner or later.

Suggestion: make a trip to the URA gallery again to check out their model plans of central zone. There are many projections for buildings & amenities around Kallang river & also outram Chinatown zone. :cheers5:

Ringo33
20-06-13, 21:33
Agree on the income around Kallang being lower but due to old township with hardly any renewal since onset (70s) till now. The systemic renewal has been planned since the 2008 masterplan without public awareness of their timeline but it will be renewed sooner or later.

Suggestion: make a trip to the URA gallery again to check out their model plans of central zone. There are many projections for buildings & amenities around Kallang river & also outram Chinatown zone. :cheers5:

I am aware of the plans for Kallang Riverside, URA website actually have a section dedicated to that Kallang Riverside project. However there was no mention of the time line. And was there any mentioned about relocating Crawford, Beach Road and Kampung Glam HDB estate?

According to URA record, 2 hotel sites at Kallang Riverside were put under the reserved list in 2009 and then 2011, and both times were unsuccessful because there was no bidder. Perhaps minimum bid price was too high or the location is not attractive??

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2009/pr09-25.html
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-79.html
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20110627-286100.html

Reisor
21-06-13, 11:53
It's a sign that the Pte sector is not biting till more things are actualised eg. Sports hub, PLB civic centre. Foresee that greater part of old CBD undergoing transformation into a residential-commercial zone (HK like), MBFC will be very filled and flowover to go to PLB as cheaper alternative. Kallang is part of the work,live,play concept plan.

I am aware of the plans for Kallang Riverside, URA website actually have a section dedicated to that Kallang Riverside project. However there was no mention of the time line. And was there any mentioned about relocating Crawford, Beach Road and Kampung Glam HDB estate?

According to URA record, 2 hotel sites at Kallang Riverside were put under the reserved list in 2009 and then 2011, and both times were unsuccessful because there was no bidder. Perhaps minimum bid price was too high or the location is not attractive??

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2009/pr09-25.html
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-79.html
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20110627-286100.html

Ringo33
21-06-13, 13:01
It's a sign that the Pte sector is not biting till more things are actualised eg. Sports hub, PLB civic centre. Foresee that greater part of old CBD undergoing transformation into a residential-commercial zone (HK like), MBFC will be very filled and flowover to go to PLB as cheaper alternative. Kallang is part of the work,live,play concept plan.

Actually the construction of downtown marina has only started. With the completion of the Marina Coastal Expressway by end of the year it will free up lots of land area around marina downtown future development perhaps for the next 15 to 20 years.

and lets not forget the huge land area which will be available one keppel psa vacant out within the next 10 years.

lajia
28-06-13, 15:00

i think this is going to SOLD OUT faster than i thought...:eek:
despite so many negative comments on this project.

smartboy2
28-06-13, 15:26
i think this is going to SOLD OUT faster than i thought...:eek:
despite so many negative comments on this project.

You dont listen to ppl's comment or remarks.

Follow your own logical thinking + own finance ability + research to make your own sound investment.

lajia
28-06-13, 15:57
You dont listen to ppl's comment or remarks.

Follow your own logical thinking + own finance ability + research to make your own sound investment.

im not against this development which is why i predict a sell out within a wk...compare to the one in clementi, those in hillview....this is a clear winner in terms of investment value...:2cents:

lajia
28-06-13, 16:42
im not against this development which is why i predict a sell out within a wk...compare to the one in clementi, those in hillview....this is a clear winner in terms of investment value...:2cents:

Fully SOLD in 1 day??
power of JLD and how many ppl waiting in district 22 since the last launch 4-5 yrs back...HUAT EH!!!

DKSG
28-06-13, 18:05
Fully SOLD in 1 day??
power of JLD and how many ppl waiting in district 22 since the last launch 4-5 yrs back...HUAT EH!!!

Confirm FULLY SOLD !!!

People from Jurong Huat until people from Pasir Ris !

DKSG

CondoWE
28-06-13, 18:30
Confirm FULLY SOLD !!!

DKSG

Are you referring me?

People from Pasir Ris Huat until people from Jurong !

I have both leh...:D :D :D !

CondoWE
28-06-13, 18:49
Confirm FULLY SOLD !!!

DKSG

As of now...1 bedder suite left 1.

Will fully sold soon...:rolleyes:

lajia
28-06-13, 18:53
What are u waiting for?? Hoot eh... How much is that? Which flr?
As of now...1 bedder suite left 1.

Will fully sold soon...:rolleyes: