PDA

View Full Version : Dual key to return to public housing?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
14-06-13, 10:40
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/dialogue-participants/709152.html

phantom_opera
14-06-13, 10:56
by the time first dual key unit becomes reality ... WWIII btn rich vs poor probably erupt already :scared-4:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
14-06-13, 10:58
Most of us here on the forum shouldnt worry since we are 'middle' class.

Autumnwinds
14-06-13, 12:27
I think the garmen should also include soho and loft to public housing
:doh:

proud owner
14-06-13, 13:17
many moons ago ... 1990's

when I lived in a HDB ... on my side ...there was only my unit and a neighbouring corner unit ....

I was trying to purchase the corner unit ...and create my own bumbo unit ... duo key ... buy over the corridor etc ...

too bad my corner neighbor sold it without telling us .....

Allthepies
14-06-13, 14:50
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/dialogue-participants/709152.html

dont know what the wannabe buyers want?! first they want to go back to basic to buy cheap cheap cheap. then now they want dual-key so that they can monetise their flats... very confused... want it cheap or can monetize later? :doh:

azeoprop
14-06-13, 15:45
many moons ago ... 1990's

when I lived in a HDB ... on my side ...there was only my unit and a neighbouring corner unit ....

I was trying to purchase the corner unit ...and create my own bumbo unit ... duo key ... buy over the corridor etc ...

too bad my corner neighbor sold it without telling us .....

In the early 90s there were many empty 3 and 4 room flats in woodlands and Yishun that HDB combined to become Jumbo units with 5 and 6 bedrooms. I remembered some floor plans for those low rise in woodlands, u get the whole floor to yourself.

kane
14-06-13, 16:05
Dual key to house 3 generations I can understand. But to help owners have future streams of income a bit spoon feeding liao.

focus
14-06-13, 22:32
In the early 90s there were many empty 3 and 4 room flats in woodlands and Yishun that HDB combined to become Jumbo units with 5 and 6 bedrooms. I remembered some floor plans for those low rise in woodlands, u get the whole floor to yourself.

How come an existing HDB owner can buy another HDB flat to combine?

CondoInterested
14-06-13, 22:54
How come an existing HDB owner can buy another HDB flat to combine?As long as HDB approved can lor.

Autumnwinds
14-06-13, 23:21
I remember hdb uses to be damn anal about hacking of the walls to create spaces.

Kanarazu
15-06-13, 12:08
Plenty of these around Yishun Ring Road/St 61.