PDA

View Full Version : KBW cold feet liao

sgbuyer
11-06-13, 15:23
Think he sense demand is falling.

Question is, if cheap BTO cannot sell, will expensive private property sell?

phantom_opera
11-06-13, 15:25
cheap BTO cannot sell because not enough new SCs
expensive PCs can sell because relatively speaking after ABSD still make investment sense than other comparable Asian cities ...

I heard Beijing 5th ring is SGD1200psf now

eng81157
11-06-13, 15:36
Think he sense demand is falling.

Question is, if cheap BTO cannot sell, will expensive private property sell?

i think it's specifically 2rm BTOs for singles that are not that saleable.

ironmanpower
11-06-13, 15:42
good! Soon maybe PC owners can buy resale or new HDB without disposing their private property.

狮子王
11-06-13, 15:49
good! Soon maybe PC owners can buy resale or new HDB without disposing their private property.

brother you are a genius ! I have been dreaming recently of renting all my private properties but staying in a brand new HDB :)

Regulators
11-06-13, 16:10
Very simple, open for families with kids to have two hdbs as parents can purchase ahead for their kids

eng81157
11-06-13, 16:14
let's see some form of stability first lah, or else he will go bonkers and unleash CM 101, 102, 103.....

sgbuyer
11-06-13, 16:40
let's see some form of stability first lah, or else he will go bonkers and unleash CM 101, 102, 103.....

I think there's no need for more CM.

It's clear that the fundamentals have changed in the last 1-2 months.

QE is ending by the end of this year. It's very clear by now.

eng81157
11-06-13, 16:43
US jobs data still shaky leh, and QE is tied conditionally to it

phantom_opera
11-06-13, 16:52

I can see clearly now the rain has gone :-)

phantom_opera
11-06-13, 16:53
Don't worry, min wage will ensure bottom up inflation

ST first page today, NTUC will force all cleaning companies to follow NWC recommendation, if this is not min wage, what is :D
=================
“To me, how we treat our cleaners and others in the service industry is a reflection of how gracious and civic-minded we are as an individual and as a society,” Mr Zainal added.
Lim (Swee Say) was firm in his commitment for cleaners’ wages to “continue to move up” and believes that licensing would raise wages in other low-wage sectors as well. He said, “Once the cleaners are put on this track, we believe that it will actually encourage other sectors to do likewise — whether it’s the security sector or landscaping and so on.”
The licensing plan is already in place to mandate cleaning companies to adopt NTUC’s Progressive Wage Model

minority
11-06-13, 17:29
expensive PCs can sell because relatively speaking after ABSD still make investment sense than other comparable Asian cities ...

yup tats correct. price went up a bit again. some cities there are heading to mature city prices.

Arcachon
11-06-13, 18:47
http://www.singaporenewsasia.com/hdb-supply-forgot-about-new-citizens/

Rosy
11-06-13, 23:23

Tapering should be the better word than ending.

QE may not end completely for next 2-3years.

radha08
12-06-13, 01:45
I can see clearly now the rain has gone :-)

its going to be a bright bright sunshine day:D :D :D

RCT
12-06-13, 08:22

I don't think so.... You must understand Chinese property is price in psm instead of psf.. If at 1200 psf, it will mean 60000 psm which I don't think so... from what I know, it should be around 30000 to 40000 psm.. within the 1st ring is ard 45000 psm now.... But if you want to calculate the effective useable area psm, then maybe it will be 60000...

But the problem with chinese property is even u have money also cannot buy hahahha.. you need huakou and can only buy one....

RCT
12-06-13, 08:24
Don't worry, min wage will ensure bottom up inflation

ST first page today, NTUC will force all cleaning companies to follow NWC recommendation, if this is not min wage, what is :D
=================
“To me, how we treat our cleaners and others in the service industry is a reflection of how gracious and civic-minded we are as an individual and as a society,” Mr Zainal added.
Lim (Swee Say) was firm in his commitment for cleaners’ wages to “continue to move up” and believes that licensing would raise wages in other low-wage sectors as well. He said, “Once the cleaners are put on this track, we believe that it will actually encourage other sectors to do likewise — whether it’s the security sector or landscaping and so on.”
The licensing plan is already in place to mandate cleaning companies to adopt NTUC’s Progressive Wage Model

Do you know what is the minimum wage they are proposing?

mermaid
13-06-13, 15:47
i think it's specifically 2rm BTOs for singles that are not that saleable.

bingo! :cheers5:

till now they still failed to comprehend y a 1 bedder super ex condo will sell like hotcakes in almost every project but not a 2 rm bto which is at least 3-4 times cheaper! :doh:

mermaid
13-06-13, 15:51

actually I see no reason y a condo owner cannot buy a hdb after 5 yrs since the net impact is exactly the same after 5 yrs.

well again, in sg, not every category of citizens is being treated fairly; else OP wun be so strong ....

indomie
13-06-13, 15:52
bingo! :cheers5:

till now they still failed to comprehend y a 1 bedder super ex condo will sell like hotcakes in almost every project but not a 2 rm bto which is at least 3-4 times cheaper! :doh:
2 rm bto is really bad for your status. It means not only that you are poor, but you are lonely too.

mermaid
13-06-13, 15:55
2 rm bto is really bad for your status. It means not only that you are poor, but you are lonely too.

precisely ... imagine 三天两头 loansharks come n design yr walls or disturb yr neighbours! :scared-4:

n note tat u r doomed to be forever alone cos wif a 2 rm flat, it will be hard for u to get married n start family cos it is hard to sell yr BTO off in the 1st place :banghead:

so the moral of the story is, in the end, did we choose to stay single, or our govmt had shaped us to lead a single life? :simmering:

indomie
13-06-13, 16:16
precisely ... imagine 三天两头 loansharks come n design yr walls or disturb yr neighbours! :scared-4:

n note tat u r doomed to be forever alone cos wif a 2 rm flat, it will be hard for u to get married n start family cos it is hard to sell yr BTO off in the 1st place :banghead:

so the moral of the story is, in the end, did we choose to stay single, or our govmt had shaped us to lead a single life? :simmering:
Yes, buying a 2 rm bto is like a death sentence. Its like u are already given up trying and resign to your fate. If you are not that good looking, it will kill any chance of hooking up with the chick (except maybe the mail order variety).

ironmanpower
13-06-13, 16:23
I'm dreaming of the day I can buy a 150sqm maisonette in the city fringe near a MRT station.

2 bedroom BTO sure :banghead:

mermaid
13-06-13, 16:27
I'm dreaming of the day I can buy a 150sqm maisonette in the city fringe near a MRT station.

2 bedroom BTO sure :banghead:

if u r a single u can stop dreaming liao ... dun expect to get yr fair share of everything for being a sinkaporean.

u will oni get yr fair share of ....

Income Tax! :cheers5:

ironmanpower
13-06-13, 16:30
if u r a single u can stop dreaming liao ... dun expect to
Income Tax! :cheers5:

Thanks for the kind reminder. I just received my IRAS statement asking me to pay my income tax :doh:

Anyway, KBW is in the business of winning votes. I'm sure he will bring down the HDB prices and flood the market with new HDB flats. So much so there would not be enough SC to consume this.

mermaid
13-06-13, 16:34
Thanks for the kind reminder. I just received my IRAS statement asking me to pay my income tax :doh:

Anyway, KBW is in the business of winning votes. I'm sure he will bring down the HDB prices and flood the market with new HDB flats. So much so there would not be enough SC to consume this.

true, they will try their best to bring ppty prices, not juz HDB down b4 the next GE, den after the GE, they will solve the prob of too much supply by increasing the population lor!

不管他们怎么做都是他们赢 :simmering:

eng81157
17-06-13, 08:23

please note that HDB owners outnumber new HDB buyers. so to win votes, the last thing KenoBiWan can do is to crash HDB prices and piss off new HDB buyers