PDA

View Full Version : Why Singapore's health-care system works

minority
10-06-13, 01:14
Why Singapore's health-care system works Think | Updated today at 01:28 AM By Gillian Tett

A decade ago, I had an experience that left me profoundly grateful to Singapore's health-care system. During a work trip to the island state, I was suddenly taken ill and succumbed to a rare variety of meningitis.

In many countries, I would have died, but two extraordinary things occurred.

First, a colleague had a strange premonition that something was wrong and came to my hotel room, where she found me sliding into a coma.

Second, the colleague then had me rushed to a local hospital, where Singaporean doctors identified the problem with astonishing efficiency and then took a bold medical gamble to save my life. (Essentially, they injected every type of antibiotic they possessed directly into my heart because they did not have any tailored way of treating the rare strain of meningitis I had.)

When that gamble pulled me out of the coma, the staff set me on the path to rehabilitation, with further efficiency and grace.

A few months later, I stumbled on some paperwork between the hospital and my insurance group and noticed that the bill for the intervention was not that large.

"If this had happened in America, it would be many times that size," a colleague later grimly remarked in New York. To which I retorted that if the incident had happened in America, I might not have survived at all since litigation risk might have deterred the doctors from engaging in that antibiotic gamble.

Was this just a piece of random good luck? Yes, in part. But that may not tell the whole tale. Recently I have been flicking through a fascinating e-book, Affordable Excellence, that a scientist friend, Professor William Haseltine, has written about Singaporean medicine for the Brookings Institution. And this leaves me convinced that I have even more reasons to say "thank you" to Singapore than I realised at the time.

Professor Haseltine believes that Singapore's health-care system is not just low-cost but also very effective in terms of saving lives; so much so, in fact, that this might offer lessons to the US, which is embarking on health reform.

The statistics are striking. At present, the US spends about 18 per cent of its gross domestic product on health care, more than any other Western nation. But while this produces fantastic results in some niches (such as cancer treatment), the metrics for infant mortality, adult deaths, life expectancy and other health issues are worse.

Singapore's health-care costs, by contrast, are just about 4 per cent of its GDP; and while the system is based on insurance programmes, premiums per capita are just 2 per cent of those paid by Americans. But on issues such as life expectancy, infant mortality, premature adult death and emergency care, Singapore produces much better outcomes than the US.

Why? One reason, Prof Haseltine suggests, is that Singapore created a health-care system from scratch a few decades ago and was able to adopt a rational plan that focuses on the total health experience of the population. America, by contrast, is marred by competing, wasteful silos.

But another weapon for lowering costs in Singapore is consumer pressure: Hospitals are forced to publish prices for medical procedures and outcomes so that consumers can compare them. Patients are also forced to co-pay for treatment, alongside insurance groups, to create incentives to scrutinise their bill.

Now, it would be impossible to replicate some of this in a vast, fragmented system such as the US'. After all, most Americans hate the idea of state meddling, but there is one aspect of Prof Haseltine's report that is relevant: accountability. If Americans could compare the price of treatments as easily as they can in Singapore, that might lower treatment prices - doubly so if the use of co-payments was as widespread among the rich as among the poor.

The good news is that the US is moving that way since there is growing support within the medical world for co-payments and price transparency. But the bad news is that any changes are slow and patchy because the system is so fragmented. For the foreseeable future, in other words, those statistics from Singapore are likely to keep putting the US and other nations to shame.

It is a sobering thought, given that behind those statistics stand millions of human stories, many of which were not as blessed with as much good fortune as mine.

Financial Times

agentg
10-06-13, 01:26
I think Minority is PAP's Internet Brigade. Mainly to post positive things about the govt. Am i right, Minority?

Arcachon
10-06-13, 01:41
Can you offer something better.

alamak
10-06-13, 07:54
I think Minority is PAP's Internet Brigade. Mainly to post positive things about the govt. Am i right, Minority?

Triple confimed he is one.

samuelk
10-06-13, 08:18
I supposed damage control is in order for things that is happening in the background that maybe looming on the horizon ...:beats-me-man:

ysyap
10-06-13, 08:31
The writer said the bill was not that expensive? He was reading about just the cost of the therapist?

samuelk
10-06-13, 08:35
The writer said the bill was not that expensive? He was reading about just the cost of the therapist?

Time to look at a more equatiable cost for resident and non resident.

I would imagine the one doing the gamble or expriment is not a houseman.

regency321
10-06-13, 09:14
ang moh get cheaper bill?

hyenergix
10-06-13, 09:42
ang moh get cheaper bill?

SGD8 :2cents:

minority
10-06-13, 10:13

Its a article by Financial Times. Well unless all you like is to read how shitty everything is I can post shits like all the other people also.

There are good there are things to improve. If feeling Shitty is what folks like to feel good. by all means.

minority
10-06-13, 10:14
Time to look at a more equatiable cost for resident and non resident.

I would imagine the one doing the gamble or expriment is not a houseman.

Try getting health care in US and you will know. even with a green card or citizen.

minority
10-06-13, 10:21
http://theweek.com/article/index/204391/us-health-care-system-worst-in-the-world

U.S. health care system: Worst in the world? A Commonwealth Fund study concludes that American care ranks first in cost and last in performance among seven industrialized nations By The Week Staff

The US health system: Worse than the rest? Getty Get ready for more heated debate about health care: A new study says the U.S. spends twice as much as six other industrialized nations on care, but gets the worst results. The U.S. health system, which cost $7,290 per person in 2007, ranked "last or next-to-last on five dimensions of a high performance health system: quality, access, efficiency, equity, and healthy lives," according to the report by the Commonwealth Fund, a New York-based private foundation focused on health. The Netherlands, where the universal health care system spends $3,837 per person annually, had the best care. Does the U.S. really have the worst health system, or is the study biased in favor of socialized medicine?

There's no denying America lags behind: "Years ago, the World Health Organization came out with a ranking of health systems that placed the US 37th," says Ezra Klein in The Washington Post. And while there's been much controversy over that ranking, it's pointless to refute the Commonwealth Fund's findings. This isn't a broadside from some outsider — the ratings come from our own patients and doctors. And, "here, too, the U.S. underperforms."
"U.S. health-care system: Still bad"

This study is biased in favor of socialized systems: Worldwide health-care comparisons are "apples and oranges," says Sue Lani Madsen in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. The costs of socialized systems would be higher if they offered as broad a range of care as we have in the U.S. ("You can't buy what's not available"). And poor grades from American patients may be a measure of high expectations rather than low-quality care.
"Health care spending: No such thing as non-biased"

Face it. Our system's the worst, but there's hope yet: "Pretty much no matter how you measure it, our health care system stinks," says Julie Rovner at NPR. But there's hope yet. The winners in the Netherlands don't have the sort of government-run, socialized system that's so widely derided. They achieve "universal coverage with an individual insurance mandate, much like the one recently passed by the U.S. Congress."
"U.S. spends the most on health care, yet gets least"

minority
10-06-13, 10:25
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-health-lags-the-developed-world-2013-1

CHARTS: The US Has Some Of The Worst Health Statistics In The Developed World

In their efforts to block health care reform, politicians often claim that the U.S. has the best health care system in the world. As such, we shouldn't tinker with it.
The evidence, however, points to a different conclusion: the U.S. health care system provides less quality and less value compared to its international counterparts.
The New York Times recently published an article that discusses the results of a comprehensive study convened by the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council on mortality rates and other measures of health care.
The expert panel concluded that there is a ‘U.S. health disadvantage,’ according to Sabrina Tavernise at the Times:
The panel called the pattern of higher rates of disease and shorter lives “the U.S. health disadvantage,” and said it was responsible for dragging the country to the bottom in terms of life expectancy over the past 30 years. American men ranked last in life expectancy among the 17 countries in the study, and American women ranked second to last.
Aaron Carroll of The Incidental Economist points us to the report, U.S. Health in International Perspectives: Shorter Lives, Poorer Health, which has plenty of charts that confirm these findings. For instance, when it comes to the health of a pregnant mother or her soon-to-be/newborn child, the U.S. has the highest mortality rate among all developed nations:

The U.S. is also home to the third-worst mortality rate by nutritional deficiencies, the second-worst rate of death through respiratory disease, and the highest absolute age-adjusted mortality rate amongst all developed nations:

National Research Council and Institute of Medicine
So, what does the U.S. pay for this degree of service?
Short answer: more than any other country on the planet, as indicated by these charts:

Nearly all these advanced countries, which provide better health care outcomes at a lower per capita cost, have a system of universal health care in place.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-health-lags-the-developed-world-2013-1#ixzz2VmC1tdhP

minority
10-06-13, 10:27
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8201711.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46217000/gif/_46217836_healthcare_stats_466_2.gif

agentg
10-06-13, 11:25
Its a article by Financial Times. Well unless all you like is to read how shitty everything is I can post shits like all the other people also.

There are good there are things to improve. If feeling Shitty is what folks like to feel good. by all means.

Are you paid to make postings?

hyenergix
10-06-13, 11:55
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8201711.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46217000/gif/_46217836_healthcare_stats_466_2.gif

Your impressive statistics give little condolence to this poor boy who waited 5 hrs at TTSH and died from dengue. Better to look at ground issues than be a desktop warrior.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1815332/first_dengue_death_he_waited_5_hours_at_ttsh.html

eng81157
10-06-13, 13:16
the second death is even worse - diagnosed with skin inflammation and given antibotics, without blood tests being ordered!!!!

the clinical symptoms were fever, shortness of breath, vomitting and rash on the leg. how can these be typical of skin inflammation?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if it's my dad, i would surely sue the hospital for malpractice and misdiagnosis.

cheerful
10-06-13, 13:40
the second death is even worse - diagnosed with skin inflammation and given antibotics, without blood tests being ordered!!!!

the clinical symptoms were fever, shortness of breath, vomitting and rash on the leg. how can these be typical of skin inflammation?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if it's my dad, i would surely sue the hospital for malpractice and misdiagnosis.

Indeed .. when I first read this I thought that MO muz be damn stupid (wonder how he/she passed her medical exams)! Some more already got precedent case, plus this is an old man with other health conditions, shouldn't there be more care? Nvr heard of skin inflammation can have such symptoms, sounds like a malpractice :mad:

hyenergix
10-06-13, 13:53
Our health care system has been overwhelmed. With the new NTU medical school recently started and new hospitals being built, the system may only start to recover in 6-7 years' time. However real expertise takes many more years to build up and it will take a lot of tax-payers' money to ramp up the training and facilities.

eng81157
10-06-13, 14:07
Our health care system has been overwhelmed. With the new NTU medical school recently started and new hospitals being built, the system may only start to recover in 6-7 years' time. However real expertise takes many more years to build up and it will take a lot of tax-payers' money to ramp up the training and facilities.

our healthcare manpower resources lagged since the day when Lim Hng Kiang became health minister.

doesn't help when the NUS med school selection panels have an unspoken 'reserved' lots for the well-connected

hyenergix
10-06-13, 14:09
our healthcare manpower resources lagged since the day when Lim Hng Kiang became health minister.

doesn't help when the NUS med school selection panels have an unspoken 'reserved' lots for the well-connected

What flavor of coffee do you want to drink :p

chiaberry
10-06-13, 14:18
Indeed .. when I first read this I thought that MO muz be damn stupid (wonder how he/she passed her medical exams)! Some more already got precedent case, plus this is an old man with other health conditions, shouldn't there be more care? Nvr heard of skin inflammation can have such symptoms, sounds like a malpractice :mad:

Some MOs are difficult to fathom. Especially Foreign Talent.

My own personal experience here.

I was prescribed with a drug (antibiotic) from an affiliated clinic to TTSH. After one week of taking the drug, I started feeling unwell with stomach pains, loss of appetite...took my blood test at a private lab...found my blood count was low including platelet count (could be an early sign of dengue). Did the Dengue test - negative. I suspected drug allergy. I even broke out in a rash. Went to see the MO. They said....maybe...stop the drug and see. I stopped the drug for a few days. I repeated the Dengue test (on my own expense) which was negative again. I felt better. The rash went away. My platelet count went back towards normal level. I also had pins and needles which were a known side effect of the drug and they stopped when I stopped the drug. I went back to see the MO. He said that my case had been reviewed by their team and they concluded that I did not have a drug allergy. Asked me to restart the drug. I was horrified as I feared that I could develop a severe and life threatening drug reaction. They were indifferent to my concerns and stuck to their recommendation to restart the drug.

I felt that I had a strong case for it being a drug reaction and had already proved it was not Dengue (by 2 sets of tests) and still they refused to accept that it could be a drug reaction.

If they cannot put the signs and blood tests together for a relatively simple case like mine, I don't have much confidence that they could have put together the signs and symptoms of the more complicated cases of infectious diseases that come their way.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

eng81157
10-06-13, 15:07

I was prescribed with a drug (antibiotic) from an affiliated clinic to TTSH. After one week of taking the drug, I started feeling unwell with stomach pains, loss of appetite...took my blood test at a private lab...found my blood count was low including platelet count (could be an early sign of dengue). Did the Dengue test - negative. I suspected drug allergy. I even broke out in a rash. Went to see the MO. They said....maybe...stop the drug and see. I stopped the drug for a few days. I repeated the Dengue test (on my own expense) which was negative again. I felt better. The rash went away. My platelet count went back towards normal level. I also had pins and needles which were a known side effect of the drug and they stopped when I stopped the drug. I went back to see the MO. He said that my case had been reviewed by their team and they concluded that I did not have a drug allergy. Asked me to restart the drug. I was horrified as I feared that I could develop a severe and life threatening drug reaction. They were indifferent to my concerns and stuck to their recommendation to restart the drug.

I felt that I had a strong case for it being a drug reaction and had already proved it was not Dengue (by 2 sets of tests) and still they refused to accept that it could be a drug reaction.

If they cannot put the signs and blood tests together for a relatively simple case like mine, I don't have much confidence that they could have put together the signs and symptoms of the more complicated cases of infectious diseases that come their way.

did they explain the rationale for continuing the drug? were u still having a fever then?

chiaberry
10-06-13, 15:28
did they explain the rationale for continuing the drug? were u still having a fever then?

They said it was not a drug reaction because the symptoms started after I had been on the drug for a week rather than straight away. The drug was for prevention of infection as I had been exposed to someone who was infected. I had no fever or symptoms of illness before then. They did not consider that I could have a delayed reaction to the drug (not all drugs cause immediate reactions). And they were not at all concerned that I could develop a severe life-threatening reaction if I started the drug again after stopping it.

eng81157
10-06-13, 15:45
They said it was not a drug reaction because the symptoms started after I had been on the drug for a week rather than straight away. The drug was for prevention of infection as I had been exposed to someone who was infected. I had no fever or symptoms of illness before then. They did not consider that I could have a delayed reaction to the drug (not all drugs cause immediate reactions). And they were not at all concerned that I could develop a severe life-threatening reaction if I started the drug again after stopping it.

depending on how the drug is metabolized and if there is any adverse reactions, they should pop up within 24 hours usually.

since they did a dengue blood test, did they run a bacteria culture test too? the bacteria culture would rule out if you have the bug. if you were not febrile, there is no real reason to continue the course of antibiotics, especially since there was a break of a couple of days.

chiaberry
10-06-13, 15:56
depending on how the drug is metabolized and if there is any adverse reactions, they should pop up within 24 hours usually.

since they did a dengue blood test, did they run a bacteria culture test too? the bacteria culture would rule out if you have the bug. if you were not febrile, there is no real reason to continue the course of antibiotics, especially since there was a break of a couple of days.

No my white cell count was normal. No good reason to do a blood culture. When I stopped the drug, the symptoms went away, mostly within a day, the rash took 3 days, the pins and needles took a bit longer.

I had to continue taking antibiotics as it was for TB prevention.

I decided not to go back on the original drug. I saw a senior doctor who offered me an alternative drug which I took without any side effects.

The original drug was Isoniazid. I had stomach pains, loss of appetite, my platelet count dropped, my liver function tests were affected, I had a red rash all over my body, I had pins and needles (meaning my nerves were affected - but it did not respond to high doses of vitamin B6 which I self administered). I don't think that most doctors can ignore the possibility that I had a reaction to Isoniazid and to ask me to go back on it was in my opinion risky on the part of the MO. It was over the Christmas holiday period. If I had a severe reaction, I think I might become an unfortunate stastistic as I would have to wait 5 hours or more to see a doc.

Oh yeah, I also had mouth ulcers, so my airway swelling could have become a problem if I restarted on the same drug.

:simmering:

eng81157
10-06-13, 16:09
No my white cell count was normal. No good reason to do a blood culture. When I stopped the drug, the symptoms went away, mostly within a day, the rash took 3 days, the pins and needles took a bit longer.

I had to continue taking antibiotics as it was for TB prevention.

I decided not to go back on the original drug. I saw a senior doctor who offered me an alternative drug which I took without any side effects.

The original drug was Isoniazid. I had stomach pains, loss of appetite, my platelet count dropped, my liver function tests were affected, I had a red rash all over my body, I had pins and needles (meaning my nerves were affected - but it did not respond to high doses of vitamin B6 which I self administered). I don't think that most doctors can ignore the possibility that I had a reaction to Isoniazid and to ask me to go back on it was in my opinion risky on the part of the MO. It was over the Christmas holiday period. If I had a severe reaction, I think I might become an unfortunate stastistic as I would have to wait 5 hours or more to see a doc.

Oh yeah, I also had mouth ulcers, so my airway swelling could have become a problem if I restarted on the same drug.

:simmering:

yup, they should have switched you to another regime, just to be safe. i suspected that you would have TB or septicimia, but the latter would have required you to be warded.

the mouth ulcers outbreak should have been an easy tell-tale sign of reaction to a drug.

ysyap
10-06-13, 20:37

I went back to see the MO. He said that my case had been reviewed by their team and they concluded that I did not have a drug allergy. Asked me to restart the drug. I was horrified as I feared that I could develop a severe and life threatening drug reaction. They were indifferent to my concerns and stuck to their recommendation to restart the drug.

:doh: :doh: :doh:What team did the analysis for you? Doesn't sound professional, not to mention coming from a hospital. Even a GP has the good mind to tell me to change medication when my body does not respond positively to the course of antibiotics after a week, not to mention rashes and negative responses... :rolleyes:

minority
11-06-13, 07:55
Your impressive statistics give little condolence to this poor boy who waited 5 hrs at TTSH and died from dengue. Better to look at ground issues than be a desktop warrior.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1815332/first_dengue_death_he_waited_5_hours_at_ttsh.html

have u tried Brunei wait in public hospital? yes its subsided at $1. but have u tried it? as well as wait?

Have u tried china hospitals or even vietnam?

Yes US hospital are more efficient but A&E wait are also crazy? Have u seen the bill? it take a PHD to decipherer it. And becoz of the insurance model the quality of the health care is crap. An who benefit from this? the lawyers and the docs.

so see for urself experience it before u go thinking we have the worst.

minority
11-06-13, 07:58
Are you paid to make postings?

Well there are positive news. is it in your nature to think that everything is shit? a article in Straits Time pple like you will scream its goverment mouth piece bullshit.

A article from the bbc or international media u will say its ang mor view and start getting xenophobic. ignoring

but when some one publish bullshit bad news u will agree without checking facts.

Well the article is comparing US health care which is now working . If u choose to look at the worst of all things I guess u are really sad. Nothing will truly make u happy but see bad news. and think u are in shit.

minority
11-06-13, 08:01

If its not tax payers $ to pay for training and expertise who pay? GOD? or expect $ fall from sky or perhaps u are expecting a horde of people willing to jump into practice for free?

look ard all expertise are invested in some how or rather. from private sector who see commercial value or from government institution . There are pro bono but its small . same as lawyer practice.

minority
11-06-13, 08:02

Its a though job with long hours that not many want to do.

well becoz xenophobic pple like u now reject foreigner talents working as nurse. thats why dumbo. did it take u so long to realized that?

teddybear
11-06-13, 08:37
So what are you trying to say? Wait 5 hours and pay S$200+ (e.g. Singapore) is better than pay $1 but still wait 5 hours (e.g. Brunei)? Or wait 1-2 hours (more efficient) and everything paid by insurance (e.g. US) is worse than Singapore? :doh:

have u tried Brunei wait in public hospital? yes its subsided at $1. but have u tried it? as well as wait?

Yes US hospital are more efficient but A&E wait are also crazy? Have u seen the bill? it take a PHD to decipherer it. And becoz of the insurance model the quality of the health care is crap. An who benefit from this? the lawyers and the docs.

Originally Posted by hyenergix

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...s_at_ttsh.html (http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1815332/first_dengue_death_he_waited_5_hours_at_ttsh.html)

hyenergix
11-06-13, 09:01

It is rather unusual to peg Singapore's medical standard to a developing countries' standard. I'm more concerned about the actual quality on the ground for the man in the street ;) Just not long ago we have some agency coming out with a whitepaper on Singapore's worldclass land transport system but on the ground we know it is not the case. I tend to take positive news with a pinch of salt nowadays.

hyenergix
11-06-13, 09:05
If its not tax payers $ to pay for training and expertise who pay? GOD? or expect $ fall from sky or perhaps u are expecting a horde of people willing to jump into practice for free?

look ard all expertise are invested in some how or rather. from private sector who see commercial value or from government institution . There are pro bono but its small . same as lawyer practice.

You have probably mixed up planned versus urgent development. The latter will usually be done in rush with questionable quality and cost. Singapore could have planned the training of medical personnel (note the highly restrictive quota for medical students) and upgrading of facilities many years ago, but it was only recently that these missing pieces were rushed to put into place (my sense).

minority
11-06-13, 09:09
So what are you trying to say? Wait 5 hours and pay S$200+ (e.g. Singapore) is better than pay $1 but still wait 5 hours (e.g. Brunei)? Or wait 1-2 hours (more efficient) and everything paid by insurance (e.g. US) is worse than Singapore? :doh:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...s_at_ttsh.html (http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1815332/first_dengue_death_he_waited_5_hours_at_ttsh.html)

U only focus on the $1. Wat abt the quality ? Duh!

So in US pay $500 n still mortality rate is worst off. So?

eng81157
11-06-13, 09:11
Its a though job with long hours that not many want to do.

well becoz xenophobic pple like u now reject foreigner talents working as nurse. thats why dumbo. did it take u so long to realized that?

eh moron, it's the ex health minister's doing and you pin the blame on commoners who had nothing to do with policies?

wah piang, did your brain degenerated recently? oh wait, there's nothing left to degenerate anyway.

by the way, i'm not even bothering to counter all your crap posting. why don't you look at France, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Germany's healthcare system?

why don't you compare on what the consumers pay out of pocket in different countries?

please don't make a fool of yourself again n again

minority
11-06-13, 09:12
It is rather unusual to peg Singapore's medical standard to a developing countries' standard. I'm more concerned about the actual quality on the ground for the man in the street ;) Just not long ago we have some agency coming out with a whitepaper on Singapore's worldclass land transport system but on the ground we know it is not the case. I tend to take positive news with a pinch of salt nowadays.

True that's why the arrival I find it reasonable as its comparing us - non developing country. Which us health care is not fantastic too. N it's expensive n laden with high insurance over head.

Similarly in us there are many folks who don't quality for insurance. Plus insurance have the habit to revoke payment on the slightest inconstant in the process of declaring medical history.

So the man in the street there are much worst without insurance n face even more costly system.

hyenergix
11-06-13, 09:13

As far as I know, the system now only works for (i) doctors, (ii) owners of hospital and clinics, (iii) landlords who rent out their premises, (iv) vendors of medical equipment or drugs etc. Majority of the people in the street don't not really benefit on the ground i.e. better treatment at same or lower cost.

eng81157
11-06-13, 09:16

n moron, poor mortality = poor healthcare quality. there are factors like hospital ops, hygiene factor, etc etc.

all of our doctors do their specialist training in US and Europe, before they can be certified. Tons of super-top notch healthcare facilities in US - Kaiser Permanante, Texas-Austin, MSK, Brigham's, Beth Israel, etc etc

so don't BS about poor quality of healthcare in US. want to blame, blame the republicans for letting the insurance system get out of hand. blame politics for muddying healthcare issues.

minority
11-06-13, 09:17

This shows ur naviness. US system good? Take at look at the cost! N results yield! Mortality rate isv the highest.

The one making the $ are the lawyers n docs n insurance company! The poor dont qualify for insurance or cannot afford the costly insurance!

Have u seen a bill before? The transparency is crap! U need a phd to pieces all the bills together . In the end u payoff insurance?

Good my foot!

eng81157
11-06-13, 09:19
This shows ur naviness. US system good? Take at look at the cost! N results yield! Mortality rate isv the highest.

The one making the $ are the lawyers n docs n insurance company! The poor dont qualify for insurance or cannot afford the costly insurance!

Have u seen a bill before? The transparency is crap! U need a phd to pieces all the bills together . In the end u payoff insurance?

Good my foot!

eh moron, that's why obama is trying to rectify the problem. blame politics, not the healthcare system that is a product of uncalibrated healthcare policies

agentg
11-06-13, 11:00
Well there are positive news. is it in your nature to think that everything is shit? a article in Straits Time pple like you will scream its goverment mouth piece bullshit.

A article from the bbc or international media u will say its ang mor view and start getting xenophobic. ignoring

but when some one publish bullshit bad news u will agree without checking facts.

Well the article is comparing US health care which is now working . If u choose to look at the worst of all things I guess u are really sad. Nothing will truly make u happy but see bad news. and think u are in shit.

You never answer my question. Are you paid to make posting? I will take it as silence means agree :D

minority
11-06-13, 11:13
You never answer my question. Are you paid to make posting? I will take it as silence means agree :D

Nope. unless u want to pay me? are u paid to ask this question?

minority
11-06-13, 11:14
eh moron, that's why obama is trying to rectify the problem. blame politics, not the healthcare system that is a product of uncalibrated healthcare policies

oh is it? is it solved? nope! compare it now. I never ask to compare the future without anything being resolved.

agentg
11-06-13, 11:16
Nope. unless u want to pay me? are u paid to ask this question?

The way u post, you sound like one. :D. For your question, nope.

minority
11-06-13, 11:31
The way u post, you sound like one. :D. For your question, nope.

they way u sound and ask question u sound paranoid. maybe I should post those stupid fake bad news sort. then u will want to believe ?

hopeful
11-06-13, 11:50
my only grouse is that all medical examination have to see doctor first.
i want to be able to have an MRI without getting a doctor's letter first.
wtf, take blood samples also need doctor's letter.

agentg
11-06-13, 12:11
they way u sound and ask question u sound paranoid. maybe I should post those stupid fake bad news sort. then u will want to believe ?

We are educated and well read. Don't need you to post. Whatever good or bad, we know in our heart deep inside. Don't need you to propagate. You may cause reverse reaction to your postings. :D

eng81157
11-06-13, 13:02
oh is it? is it solved? nope! compare it now. I never ask to compare the future without anything being resolved.

so? this doesn't negate the fact that USA's healthcare quality is still the best in the world.

eng81157
11-06-13, 13:03
my only grouse is that all medical examination have to see doctor first.
i want to be able to have an MRI without getting a doctor's letter first.
wtf, take blood samples also need doctor's letter.

eh, taking an MRI isn't like buying energizer batteries off the rack in a retail outlet - it needs a doctor's order or else, any tom dick and harry can walk in and request for one. it then clogs up the system

alamak
11-06-13, 14:00

2 possible explanations ? - checked by a kuching kura cheap faster FT doctors and

secondly TTSH A & E overwhelmed by 6 million populations (including rich foreign patients ) already.

eng81157
11-06-13, 14:06
2 possible explanations ? - checked by a kuching kura cheap faster FT doctors and

secondly TTSH A & E overwhelmed by 6 million populations (including rich foreign patients ) already.

let's not jump into allegations that FT doctors were negligent. FTs or locals, they have a medical protocol to follow, IF the patient was properly diagnosed.

being overwhelmed doesn't mean you send a 60 year old back home with fever & rash without blood tests, especially during a period of local dengue outbreak.

minority
11-06-13, 14:58
so? this doesn't negate the fact that USA's healthcare quality is still the best in the world.

best base on wat? more deaths? :doh: pay so much result is the worst.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/50ef129f69beddbc0a00000e-447-472/screen%20shot%202013-01-10%20at%209.58.53%20am.png

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/50ef1262ecad047d1f000013-468-468/screen%20shot%202013-01-10%20at%209.58.19%20am.png

eng81157
11-06-13, 15:18
learn to scroll up and read, kam gong

our doctors are all being trained in US and Europe for their specialist program. there are so many top-notched hospitals at the cutting edge of medicine.

told you don't equate the ills of healthcare system as poor healthcare quality. :doh: :doh: :doh: kam gong to the max

minority
11-06-13, 16:26
learn to scroll up and read, kam gong

our doctors are all being trained in US and Europe for their specialist program. there are so many top-notched hospitals at the cutting edge of medicine.

told you don't equate the ills of healthcare system as poor healthcare quality. :doh: :doh: :doh: kam gong to the max

Can u answer my question? If health care is so good why are their mortality rate so high? Could it be when they see the bill all scared to death ?

Learn to read. I m saying us health care system as a whole no quality health care . Did I compare doc skills? U trying to prata again.

Maybe no GST hor! Cock.

eng81157
11-06-13, 16:37
Can u answer my question? If health care is so good why are their mortality rate so high? Could it be when they see the bill all scared to death ?

Learn to read. I m saying us health care system as a whole no quality health care . Did I compare doc skills? U trying to prata again.

Maybe no GST hor! Cock.

hello, ever thought of the amnesty of hispanic IIs? ever thought of the influx of asianic IIs? ever thought of the underpriviledged africanoids? ever looked at demographics and epidemiological data?

please, your analysis didn't even include the above or analyse the entire chain of healthcare access and consumption. use one single data point and you jump into a stupid conclusion that their healthcare quality is poor. please lah, the healthcare system doesn't equate to healthcare quality. this is as good as saying - i saw one monkey roaming in bukit timah and therefore, all monkeys in mandai zoo has escaped.

our hospitals are emulating them - MD anderson, texas-austin, brigham's, massc. gen, etc etc. our doctors are scrambling to do their specialist programs in those hospitals.

if their healthcare quality is poor, then pleasssssseeeeeee enlighten our healthcare minister. even our public hospitals are following their accreditation.

please lah, kam gong, make your arguments worthy of debate.

minority
11-06-13, 17:23
hello, ever thought of the amnesty of hispanic IIs? ever thought of the influx of asianic IIs? ever thought of the underpriviledged africanoids? ever looked at demographics and epidemiological data?

please, your analysis didn't even include the above or analyse the entire chain of healthcare access and consumption. use one single data point and you jump into a stupid conclusion that their healthcare quality is poor. please lah, the healthcare system doesn't equate to healthcare quality. this is as good as saying - i saw one monkey roaming in bukit timah and therefore, all monkeys in mandai zoo has escaped.

our hospitals are emulating them - MD anderson, texas-austin, brigham's, massc. gen, etc etc. our doctors are scrambling to do their specialist programs in those hospitals.

if their healthcare quality is poor, then pleasssssseeeeeee enlighten our healthcare minister. even our public hospitals are following their accreditation.

please lah, kam gong, make your arguments worthy of debate.

oh really pls show me since u so much to say? show me pls proof.

u want to compare hospital CEO etc? U mean US doc never go upgrade specialist course? talk cock sing song.

So u say our doc so unskilled. so why our mortality rate so low? and US do high?

the result show high mortality. pls answer my question why? so good US why high mortality and high cost? dont tell me GST! ...

pls.

hopeful
11-06-13, 17:35

So u say our doc so unskilled. so why our mortality rate so low? and US do high?
the result show high mortality. pls answer my question why? so good US why high mortality and high cost? dont tell me GST! ....

because 3rd world maids found pregnant send back?
low class laborers cannot bring wives to singapore?
if maids not send back, laborers can bring wives, then perhaps will have higher mortality rates?

the foreigners that can deliver here are already pre-selected. rich. so can afford good care
the poor singaporeans, perhaps have support system? i really dont know much about poor sinkies. sorry.

minority
11-06-13, 18:14
because 3rd world maids found pregnant send back?
low class laborers cannot bring wives to singapore?
if maids not send back, laborers can bring wives, then perhaps will have higher mortality rates?

the foreigners that can deliver here are already pre-selected. rich. so can afford good care
the poor singaporeans, perhaps have support system? i really dont know much about poor sinkies. sorry.

This is a good story . If u have statistics to share ?

Maybe u say also people bury the dead in back yard so not reported?

Hmm so by wat u are saying Singaporean are not that stresses out after all? Low birth rate is becoz all spend time humping the maid that's why?

狮子王
11-06-13, 18:39
how come i got a feeling u guys are sounding more and more like a landlord?

I mean the exchanges here...very good argument put forth by either sides.

For me, my experience with the doctors here are very good. Both in government or private service. They really care for your recovery and concern about your well being. And they take no chances. Wonder how come now the news put them in less than glorious light.

I guess one has to meet the right doctors. And there are really many good ones in Singapore. I met many of them because I have a 100 years old grandma with many problems ( from head to toes ) though all not life threatening.

hopeful
11-06-13, 18:42
This is a good story . If u have statistics to share ?

Maybe u say also people bury the dead in back yard so not reported?

Hmm so by wat u are saying Singaporean are not that stresses out after all? Low birth rate is becoz all spend time humping the maid that's why?

Another story is singaporeans very practical. Anything wrong with foetus, even slight deviation also abort.Hence only most fit foetus equates to lower death. Not like angmo parents who hope against hope that their hopeless case foetus turns out ok.

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/News/Pages/100-pregnant-maids-sent-home-a-year.aspx
100 maids, is that a lot?

Any corelation between TFR and infant mortality rate? Seems to me that countries with higher TFR have higher mortality rate.

狮子王
11-06-13, 18:44
I also suggest if you have a more serious and specific illness, ask your doctor for specialist recommendation in private or public sector. Usually these specialists are very alert and experience. For me, I visit a public GP and ask him to recommend 2 very good specialists (one in heart and one in mental health ), both of them are marvellous and I now need very few medication for my age. Only one in the morning for my blood pressure.

狮子王
11-06-13, 18:48
I also suggest if you have a more serious and specific illness, ask your doctor for specialist recommendation in private or public sector. Usually these specialists are very alert and experience. For me, I visit a public GP and ask him to recommend 2 very good specialists (one in heart and one in mental health ), both of them are marvellous and I now need very few medication for my age. Only one in the morning for my blood pressure.

some more this GP is much younger than me ( most 38 years old ) . He detected my mental breakdown way ahead of the first symptoms. Otherwise I think now I still staying in IMH :)

狮子王
11-06-13, 18:50
The psychiatrist lagi better. He machiam like got ESP like that. Just by looking at me without talking he can tell whether I am in for another major depression already. He would quickly suggest the proper antidepressant for me :)

狮子王
11-06-13, 18:51
I am now asking the GP to recommend some good plastic surgeon for me so that I can look better than Dawn Yang. In the male terms, of course.

狮子王
11-06-13, 18:54
You guys think the "Lion" look good boh, for me ? Hair style very easy, just go perm my hair and dye brown can liao. But the nose and eyes part need some work, methink :) I will be bringing my avatar photo on the left to this surgeon next week.

hyenergix
11-06-13, 19:17
how come i got a feeling u guys are sounding more and more like a landlord?

I mean the exchanges here...very good argument put forth by either sides.

For me, my experience with the doctors here are very good. Both in government or private service. They really care for your recovery and concern about your well being. And they take no chances. Wonder how come now the news put them in less than glorious light.

I guess one has to meet the right doctors. And there are really many good ones in Singapore. I met many of them because I have a 100 years old grandma with many problems ( from head to toes ) though all not life threatening.

May I ask how much were the consultation fees for your grandma?

teddybear
11-06-13, 19:54
What quality are you talking about when the patient need to wait for more than 5 hours at A&E? In the case of dengue fever patient, the result is DEATH! He could have survived if the wait is 1 hour or less right?

And by the way, US pay US$500 a year and pay nothing thereafter. Are you trying to say US medical service quality worse than Singapore? That really makes me wonder why so many Singapore specialists are US or UK trained! You are saying these doctors in Singapore trained in US & UK are much better than the place that train them? :tongue3:

hopeful
11-06-13, 19:57
And there are really many good ones in Singapore. I met many of them because I have a 100 years old grandma with many problems ( from head to toes ) though all not life threatening.
I thought physical health is the least of ur grandma problem. She has "mental issues". Both you and her see the same psychiatrist?

teddybear
11-06-13, 20:00
Somebody is trying to say Singapore doctors are so much better quality than US! Ops! He forgot or is totally ignorant that all the top-notch Singapore doctors are either US or UK trained! :banghead:

hopeful
11-06-13, 20:08
Somebody is trying to say Singapore doctors are so much better quality than US! Ops! He forgot or is totally ignorant that all the top-notch Singapore doctors are either US or UK trained! :banghead:

Is there a connection btwen good doctor education and good national healthcare system?

On the other hand, us is cutting edge of research. And in research, some trial are not good, leading to death.such is the price of progress

Also, people say we learn from our failures. Us doctors are so good becos they learn from so many failures

minority
12-06-13, 00:59

if u fail to read.or never go to school donno how to read. let me point out to you. the article compare the system. The US system cost more and is not working. Mortality rate is higher than all developed countries!

learn to READ!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

minority
12-06-13, 01:00
Is there a connection btwen good doctor education and good national healthcare system?

On the other hand, us is cutting edge of research. And in research, some trial are not good, leading to death.such is the price of progress

Also, people say we learn from our failures. Us doctors are so good becos they learn from so many failures

oh yes in the process kills people? They are not allow failures. coz they get sued!

minority
12-06-13, 01:11
What quality are you talking about when the patient need to wait for more than 5 hours at A&E? In the case of dengue fever patient, the result is DEATH! He could have survived if the wait is 1 hour or less right?

And by the way, US pay US$500 a year and pay nothing thereafter. Are you trying to say US medical service quality worse than Singapore? That really makes me wonder why so many Singapore specialists are US or UK trained! You are saying these doctors in Singapore trained in US & UK are much better than the place that train them? :tongue3:

talk cock again. $500 per year which idiot u trying to bluff?"

"Five years later, Kaiser’s 2009 survey found that employer health insurance premiums were $13,375 for a family and $4824 for a single person. About 60% of workers were receiving employer sponsored health insurance. Less than half (46%) of employees at small firms with 3 to 9 workers received coverage. As of 2008, the percentage of Americans receiving employer sponsored health insurance had declined for the eighth consecutive year, says the Kaiser Family Foundation."

u are one of those COE mentality Singaporean. expect pay $1 get served on the spot? go check out the US A&E how long u have to wait dumbo.

I am saying. I repeat SAYING!! u deaf n blind US system is high cost and produce worst results. U want to compare doctor , nurse , cleaners or wat ever shit up to u.

FACT is the result is worst off. and u pay through ur nose. and the employer have to pay through the nose too. so wat pay so much result is still the worst. u want to compare doctors? maybe u should compare the no. of zeros in the doctor and lawyer bank accounts! That I am sure US beats the Singapore counter part hands down!

eng81157
12-06-13, 08:11
oh really pls show me since u so much to say? show me pls proof.

u want to compare hospital CEO etc? U mean US doc never go upgrade specialist course? talk cock sing song.

the result show high mortality. pls answer my question why? so good US why high mortality and high cost? dont tell me GST! ...

pls.

eh moron, told you to look at the demographics, entire medical access/consumption chain before talking further. told you all our doctors are trained in the US and Europe for their specialist program. told you NOT to equate healthcare system as healthcare quality.

this is like giving you the answer to the exams and yet you can still fail. Epic KAM GONG.

compare hospital CEO for what?!?!??! :doh: :doh: :doh:

if our country's healthcare is so top-notched, why don't the US doctors come over here to do their specialist program???!

HINT: Singapore only has MBBS. Go look at your specialists name card and see how many more certification they have.

eng81157
12-06-13, 08:13
oh yes in the process kills people? They are not allow failures. coz they get sued!

Wah lau, you are way out of your league - trying to debate in an area where i make my bread and butter.

HINT: Go read up on NIH

eng81157
12-06-13, 08:15

ya, can't believe how stupid can a person be. now he's trying to pretend to be an expert in front of someone who knows the workings of the system.

help me out here, what's the word to describe someone beyond the reasonable realms of stupidity? i'm lost

eng81157
12-06-13, 08:21
WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

u guys should listen to 938Live. A top Singaporean ID expert let slip that TTSH didn't administer the dengue test early enough, and most administer too late

i.e. The 2nd guy could have been saved.

eng81157
12-06-13, 08:23
and by the time the rash appears, it's already tell-tale and may be too late.

hopeful
12-06-13, 08:32
That's is a good point you bring up.
us doctors are not allow failures cos they get sued, so us doctors as individuals tends to be very good.
singapore doctors don't get sued successfully, so they are more complacent, so there are more failures. so doctors individually sucks.
is that what you are trying to say?

chiaberry
12-06-13, 09:28
WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

u guys should listen to 938Live. A top Singaporean ID expert let slip that TTSH didn't administer the dengue test early enough, and most administer too late

i.e. The 2nd guy could have been saved.

That might not be the case. There is no "cure" for Dengue. Even if they knew he had Dengue earlier on, they might not have been able to save him. Without knowing the full facts of the case, we should not pass judgement too easily.

One of the reasons this rarer complication of Dengue (shock) is surfacing now is because of the high number of cases, therefore statistically it is more likely to happen.

chiaberry
12-06-13, 09:33
us doctors are not allow failures cos they get sued, so us doctors as individuals tends to be very good.
singapore doctors don't get sued successfully, so they are more complacent, so there are more failures. so doctors individually sucks.

Don't necessarily think that US or UK doctors are much better than our local grads (I am referring to Singaporean grads not the FT that trained in other countries). The healthcare system in the US and UK tends to "protect" the doctors in institutions. The doctors in private practice in Singapore don't have legions of administration to "protect" them.

I have worked in healthcare in UK and still have ex-classmates and colleagues working there and there are some disturbing stories about their healthcare system that don't see the light of day.

eng81157
12-06-13, 12:24
Don't necessarily think that US or UK doctors are much better than our local grads (I am referring to Singaporean grads not the FT that trained in other countries). The healthcare system in the US and UK tends to "protect" the doctors in institutions. The doctors in private practice in Singapore don't have legions of administration to "protect" them.

I have worked in healthcare in UK and still have ex-classmates and colleagues working there and there are some disturbing stories about their healthcare system that don't see the light of day.

there are disturbing stories in our local system too. don't think i want to share too much

but, its undeniable that the best minds and the global opinion leaders are all in US/UK and its undeniable that's why our registrars are heading there for their HMDP

eng81157
12-06-13, 12:26
That might not be the case. There is no "cure" for Dengue. Even if they knew he had Dengue earlier on, they might not have been able to save him. Without knowing the full facts of the case, we should not pass judgement too easily.

One of the reasons this rarer complication of Dengue (shock) is surfacing now is because of the high number of cases, therefore statistically it is more likely to happen.

i understand there is no cure. but early diagnosis and intervention would have given the man a fighting chance.

in this case, there was not even an attempt to diagnosis at the first clinical presentation. the second round, it was too late.

minority
12-06-13, 12:33

no. In US they are not so aggressive. they just wont do things or wont help u if u are not insured. the fact they have high mortality is also because they are over careful of feared to be sued. thus the mortality rate are higher.

to do anything outside practice us insurance wont cover. and u have to pay out of pocket plus hospital will make u sign idemidity.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7916251

"Philadelphia, PA (NewYorkInjuryNews.com) — A man needing urgent medical care was misdiagnosed by a doctor and denied treatment due to lack of health insurance, which led to his tragic and avoidable death. The lawsuit filed on behalf of 56-year-old Marcus Murray and his wife, versus the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, went to federal court March 2, 2010, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer."

minority
12-06-13, 12:48
in US patience sue the doc. Doc fear being sued. end up is lawyer and insurance will make $ will be charged more insurance. Doc will have to insure against being sued. Plus that would mean they are less aggressive therapy.

Plus the lack of cost transparency becoz its billed to insurance.

who ever that cannot be insured or insured never declare full medical history and got insurance revoked. will be screwed.

Take an example u got into a car accident. u go fix urself at workshop the cost is $5000.. but when its settled by insurance how much is it? some people never even know. those who have seen the price are usually so many times higher!

that is they price u pay for settle ur issues via insurance for dispute.

So i agree US medical system is not working. the results shows. High cost High mortality.

eng81157
13-06-13, 09:50
in US patience sue the doc. Doc fear being sued. end up is lawyer and insurance will make $ will be charged more insurance. Doc will have to insure against being sued. Plus that would mean they are less aggressive therapy.

Plus the lack of cost transparency becoz its billed to insurance.

who ever that cannot be insured or insured never declare full medical history and got insurance revoked. will be screwed.

Take an example u got into a car accident. u go fix urself at workshop the cost is $5000.. but when its settled by insurance how much is it? some people never even know. those who have seen the price are usually so many times higher!

that is they price u pay for settle ur issues via insurance for dispute.

So i agree US medical system is not working. the results shows. High cost High mortality.

please lah, you speak as if this is the truth. totally baseless, and without research data.

look at the aftermath of boston bombing, and see how pro and quickly the medical staff reacted. but this is also not a true indicator of the entire healthcare system

and see, warned you to look at the entire chain of healthcare consumption before kenna slapped in the face again

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/12/ng-kok-lim-rebutting-article-on-why-sgs-healthcare-system-works/

minority
13-06-13, 16:41
please lah, you speak as if this is the truth. totally baseless, and without research data.

look at the aftermath of boston bombing, and see how pro and quickly the medical staff reacted. but this is also not a true indicator of the entire healthcare system

and see, warned you to look at the entire chain of healthcare consumption before kenna slapped in the face again

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/12/ng-kok-lim-rebutting-article-on-why-sgs-healthcare-system-works/

how often u get a 911 and Boston bombing ah? must get bomb then get help thats sad.

LOL of all the BS u quote Tremertius! wow tats fact? BS! u just brought baseless to a new level!

teddybear
13-06-13, 21:19
Ng Kok Lim has done a very good rebuttal, and only the carry-the-balls people will say those are bullshit. Seem like those are based on facts. Please talk facts, not without balls. :p

how often u get a 911 and Boston bombing ah? must get bomb then get help thats sad.

LOL of all the BS u quote Tremertius! wow tats fact? BS! u just brought baseless to a new level!

Originally Posted by eng81157

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/12...-system-works/ (http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/12/ng-kok-lim-rebutting-article-on-why-sgs-healthcare-system-works/)

minority
14-06-13, 00:21
Facts? these BS sites are facts? the article by financial times and BBC are not. LOL pls don't be blind and just lap up all the trash these TC or wat TR crap site lap out.

ever try posting something to rebutted their story on their site? They delete it and dont show. only goon goon like u believe the shit they post.

Ng Kok Lim has done a very good rebuttal, and only the carry-the-balls people will say those are bullshit. Seem like those are based on facts. Please talk facts, not without balls. :p

Originally Posted by eng81157

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/12...-system-works/ (http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/12/ng-kok-lim-rebutting-article-on-why-sgs-healthcare-system-works/)

eng81157
17-06-13, 08:09

moron, readiness and reaction to crisis is a stalwart of medical quality. heard of "emergency medicine"??

kam gong

please, you have not even managed to defend your tunnel-view analysis of the healthcare system. just look at one data point - mortality rate, and conclude Singapore's healthcare quality is better than US/Europe.

please lah, go back and do more homework or else, go prepare for your PSLE or better still, go suck thumb and remain pathetically stuck in your current level of intellect

minority
17-06-13, 10:16
moron, readiness and reaction to crisis is a stalwart of medical quality. heard of "emergency medicine"??

kam gong

please, you have not even managed to defend your tunnel-view analysis of the healthcare system. just look at one data point - mortality rate, and conclude Singapore's healthcare quality is better than US/Europe.

please lah, go back and do more homework or else, go prepare for your PSLE or better still, go suck thumb and remain pathetically stuck in your current level of intellect

other than reading stup sites. what other proof can u show me we are worst than US and Europe?

There are tons of cases that in US they refuse to treat a person without insurance. ur emergency medicine theory . so wat even if given the person long term survival? go die in the street after?

talk cock idiot.

If here so bad why dont u move? go US then. go pay the tax and live there.

minority
17-06-13, 10:26
By WHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems

Singapore rank 4th

USA 18th..
Duh....

Eng Eng u want to say WHO also rigged by us? Fabrication? LOL.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

eng81157
17-06-13, 10:57
other than reading stup sites. what other proof can u show me we are worst than US and Europe?

There are tons of cases that in US they refuse to treat a person without insurance. ur emergency medicine theory . so wat even if given the person long term survival? go die in the street after?

talk cock idiot.

If here so bad why dont u move? go US then. go pay the tax and live there.

wah piang, after all the previous posts, you are still asking for proof?! why don't you go ask a doctor yourself where they go for their specialist training?

why don't you go ask Lim Chuan Poh or Phillip Yeo where they got their med/bio scientists to kick start Singapore's biomed industry?

why don't you go look at our national medical research council and see how many US/Eu doctors are there?

why don't you see how many medical innovations/drugs has Singapore produced?

wah lau, KAM GONG

told you for the millionth time not to equate healthcare quality to healthcare systems.

eng81157
17-06-13, 10:59
By WHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems

Singapore rank 4th

USA 18th..
Duh....

Eng Eng u want to say WHO also rigged by us? Fabrication? LOL.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

healthcare systems is not equal to healthcare quality, kam gong

what you're saying is that a car's sideview mirror is equal to the car itself. kam gong

minority
17-06-13, 11:18
healthcare systems is not equal to healthcare quality, kam gong

what you're saying is that a car's sideview mirror is equal to the car itself. kam gong

Seems like u lack grey matter? So having a brian an eyes dont mean u are able to read and understand logically.

Read the title of the article again dumbo. stop jumping and prataing ard when u cant read.

"Why Singapore's health-care system works"

PhitenSG
06-04-18, 14:48
I just wanted to share my personal experience about phiten. I always used to purchase the health product from phiten only. Because they provides the good services,reasonable price and quality product.

prashantnative
09-04-18, 13:21
Their Services are costly or cheap what you recommend for the normal patient.

Singas
15-02-20, 23:03
Maybe because we have the best insurances in the word !

Singas
01-03-20, 20:54
Maybe because we have the best insurances in the word !

Hello,
Is there anyone here has ever tried this health insurance policy ?https://www.axa.com.sg/health-insurance