PDA

View Full Version : Crude Oil

irisng
03-06-13, 12:43
Anybody heard of the Crude Oil Buy Sell Program?

Payout is 3% every quarter, so it will be 12% per year but have a lock in period of 3 yrs.

No currency risk, no legal cost but one time admin fee S$100.

Min entry S$3k. Subsequent buying is S$1k only.

Arcachon
03-06-13, 13:08
Buy things you can hold, not another IOU paper. Money is also another IOU.

star
03-06-13, 14:00
Be careful when the deal seems to good to be true. 12% dividend per year is very high just like genneva gold.... Burst anytime like a bomb.

princess_morbucks
03-06-13, 14:08
Sis, is it local or foreign firm?
Few years ago a fren invested in an oil company in USA which also promised about 10% yield per annum.
Initially he got his payout for 2 quarters, then subsequently the firm went bust and he lost his capital.

Sis, now reits are relatively low.
You may wanna consider singapore reits.

irisng
03-06-13, 17:15
Sis, is it local or foreign firm?
Few years ago a fren invested in an oil company in USA which also promised about 10% yield per annum.
Initially he got his payout for 2 quarters, then subsequently the firm went bust and he lost his capital.

Sis, now reits are relatively low.
You may wanna consider singapore reits.

He sent me lots of brochures but haven't look at it in details yet. He mentioned something like Canada. He said in case the company burst, we will get the share of the oil and can sell it to the person who bought over the company.

Laguna
03-06-13, 17:38
Too high risk
I will avoid

hyenergix
03-06-13, 17:53

Payout is 3% every quarter, so it will be 12% per year but have a lock in period of 3 yrs.

Crude oil is not gold that is only a single substance (element gold). There are different types e.g. Brent and West Texas Intermediate and different quality e.g. sour or sweet, API gravity. All these will affect prices significantly. So if someone is just selling crude oil without the assay, it is scam modelling after the fake gold deals.

irisng
03-06-13, 18:09
Thank you so much for all the advice. I think I will avoid it, don't want to take such a high risk.:cheers4:

cbsh38584
03-06-13, 18:25

I would like to do if the min is S$3k. I just want to know & learn how it work.
For every derivative investment idea the bank recommend. There must be something that they know ahead. In order to know what is their real intention of this derivative trade. We need to go through it. Could U pls let me know which bank offer this investment idea.

rdgs,
Vic

irisng
03-06-13, 22:03
I would like to do if the min is S$3k. I just want to know & learn how it work.
For every derivative investment idea the bank recommend. There must be something that they know ahead. In order to know what is their real intention of this derivative trade. We need to go through it. Could U pls let me know which bank offer this investment idea.

rdgs,
Vic

Is not from the bank, is from an Investment Company.

chiaberry
03-06-13, 22:11

Sounds dodgy to me. They can shut down operations one fine day and leave you in the lurch.

princess_morbucks
03-06-13, 22:21

Sis, sounds like a scam.
Sis, you looking for places to park your money ;) ?

kane
03-06-13, 23:27
Sounds like that gold thing that was investigated.

Laguna
03-06-13, 23:34
There are many unlicensed financial advisers in the market giving so called high yield alternative investment. This is one of the products and many others like crowd funding as well.

irisng
04-06-13, 07:58
He was referred to by someone who wrote our accounting software. His office is in the same building as this software personnel.