PDA

View Full Version : Gold or property or equity?

minority
27-05-13, 09:54
So with the current flavor of the mth being equity. and with foreseeable 2015 easing on the QE.

What would the the strategy? Gold, Property (local or foreign) or Equity?

Seems like equity is the most popular for now. but the saying goes don't follow the herd ?

Rosy
27-05-13, 10:19
One should always have some property and gold.

Keeping more cash is not a bad idea now.

minority
27-05-13, 10:36
One should always have some property and gold.

Keeping more cash is not a bad idea now.

Now its very hard to find the right decision where to put. equity has ran up. prop is still up gold is on its way down.

While cash is depreciating away too..

Tough searching for yield.

cheerful
27-05-13, 16:13
Rosy prob meant gd to keep cash as ammunition ;)

minority
27-05-13, 16:30
Rosy prob meant gd to keep cash as ammunition ;)

Yes the while parking the cash how right? I guess the rights or 4%-5% divided paying right will be good. but all those also upped.

smartboy2
27-05-13, 16:35
any advise as to conservation shophouses? isit better to sell now or keep long long?

Reuben
27-05-13, 16:51
Equility is still the best. Cos one can liquidate anytime. Property cannot liqudate

minority
28-05-13, 10:00
Property have slow a fair bit. Looking at the no. posting in the forum so can tell its quieter scene. I do agree equity still better bet. But more of trading than long hold currently given the run equity have enjoyed so far.

chiaberry
28-05-13, 23:09
At this point in time, equities. Else how to make $$$ to pay the ABSD? :rolleyes:

phantom_opera
28-05-13, 23:11
I agree with chiaberry, those border line cases will make 30% in stocks (e.g. throw in 200k and get 60k) and then rotate into properties again

chiaberry
28-05-13, 23:34
But sigh...this time the amount of cash required to rotate into property is so much higher....desperate times call for desperate measures.....trading of warrants is an option....longer dated warrants where the exercise price is significantly below the NAV...be nimble on your feet and close your positions when you're up. It's not my cup of tea and I don't have time to watch the market but some people are able to do it.

yowetan
28-05-13, 23:40
Hi all...I will invest all my savings into Singapore Press Holding tomorrow.

minority
29-05-13, 00:03
I agree with chiaberry, those border line cases will make 30% in stocks (e.g. throw in 200k and get 60k) and then rotate into properties again

at current level 30% is not easy feat.

stl67
29-05-13, 09:15
But sigh...this time the amount of cash required to rotate into property is so much higher....desperate times call for desperate measures.....trading of warrants is an option....longer dated warrants where the exercise price is significantly below the NAV...be nimble on your feet and close your positions when you're up. It's not my cup of tea and I don't have time to watch the market but some people are able to do it.

do you mind sharing 1 eg on trading warrants. I berry free, but no idea how to do it.:D otherwise, i will check with the banker but normally i like to do my homework and listen to different opinion, (in case the banker bluff me lah, but normally they are quite professional).

stl67
29-05-13, 09:26
Ok, i google and manage to understand the derivatives instrument. almost same as ELN lah..think i am not experienced yet... better siam...:)

will go for good IPO bond instead, can sleep better.. but hard to get lah.

minority
29-05-13, 09:36
Ok, i google and manage to understand the derivatives instrument. almost same as ELN lah..think i am not experienced yet... better siam...:)

will go for good IPO bond instead, can sleep better.. but hard to get lah.

Bond? Now? Hmm I personally don't like bond now.

princess_morbucks
04-06-13, 21:21
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 3, 2013 8:51 AM EST
Economist Nouriel Roubini, in a fearless forecast on Project Syndicate, projected that the price of gold would likely plummet to about $1,000 before the end of 2015.

He attributed the likely further plunge of gold prices to:

Demand for physical gold rises in first quarter

1. Gold spiking during extreme crises, but the crises days are now over.

2. A risk of high inflation is the period that gold does well.

3. Because of the recovering economy, investors are not interested in holdings that pay no dividends.

4. The rise in real interest rate which kills gold.

5. Governments with piles of debt, such as Cyprus, are dumping their gold.

6. American right-wing fanatics juiced gold, but those days are over.

Mr Roubini, a professor at the Stern School of Business in New York University and senior economist for International Affairs in the White House's Council of Economic Advisers, pointed out that gold - which was priced at $800 per ounce in early 2009 and hit beyond $1,900 in the fall of 2011 - had all the features of a bubble.

kane
04-06-13, 23:35

Terrible time to trade warrants, the implied vols, effective gearing and premiums are all horrible as compared to 2005.