PDA

View Full Version : Passive income from property

Ringo33
17-05-13, 18:52
As I understand that there are many property investors in this forum. I am curious to know what are your annual passive income from your investment property(ies)

Allthepies
17-05-13, 19:21
Net or gross?:D

Ringo33
17-05-13, 19:28
Net or gross?:D'

gross please.

sherlock
17-05-13, 20:31
Why TS never start with your income 1st?

CondoInterested
17-05-13, 20:54
no one vote? scare tax man?

anyone passive income as much or more than their annual salary? those not working not counted lah.

DC33_2008
18-05-13, 10:45
Now we know why property market is still so hot looking at the poll. ;)

Ringo33
18-05-13, 11:29

its a total opposite result to the thread on how much rent forummers here willing to pay if they are foreigner. Not surprising the most popular career for Singaporeans is now being landlord.

proper-t
18-05-13, 11:37
its a total opposite result to the thread on how much rent forummers here willing to pay if they are foreigner. Not surprising the most popular career for Singaporeans is now being landlord.

So what happens to these landlords if a possible global recession hits between 2014 and 2015?

I am guessing that the announcement for next IR will happen during the next global recession. And this could possibly happen between 2014 and 2015, round the same time when the 10 years exclusive gaming license is expiring

chiaberry
18-05-13, 11:42
So what happens to these landlords if a possible global recession hits between 2014 and 2015?

Grab firesales from those landlords who can't hold. :D :D :D

DC33_2008
18-05-13, 12:09
What is the chance of it happening?

MLP
18-05-13, 12:44
Haha, Ringo....Ringo.....Why bother to conduct a survey when you know you are not good at numbers as pointed out by many forumers here in your numerous threads? Why waste time collecting rubbish data? :tongue3:

As I understand that there are many property investors in this forum. I am curious to know what are your annual passive income from your investment property(ies)

Arcachon
18-05-13, 13:39

http://cdni.wired.co.uk/620x413/k_n/Like_1.jpg

proper-t
18-05-13, 13:54
What is the chance of it happening?

just quoting TS. Best you check with him.

I am guessing that the announcement for next IR will happen during the next global recession. And this could possibly happen between 2014 and 2015, round the same time when the 10 years exclusive gaming license is expiring

18-05-13, 14:11
many big fish in this forum.

mosaic
18-05-13, 15:15
many big fish in this forum.

I think internet surveys especially when it comes to finances tend to be skewed. I ve noticed that the people who answer tend to be the ones making the money, maybe its just a more disguised way to boost the ego. E.g if you asked how much people are earning, or what is their net worth, you ll suddenly find that everyone 9 out of 10 people on the internet are millionaires and making hell lot of money.

Besides, if you re making one thousand a month, or you re collecting property rental 500 monthly, would you bother to shout it out?

Arcachon
18-05-13, 15:42
When I was learning about property investment, I wonder how to buy million dollar property with little money I have. There were no internet, forum, guru..... to share.

It take me 10 year wondering how, in 2006 my friend told me he brought a 2 Bedroom FH PC in Geylang for SGD 420,000.

With little knowledge about property investment I brought a 2 Bedroom @ Southbank in Jun 2006 because near MRT, bus stop, wet market, food market...... nothing about yield, capital appreciation, LTV, interest rate, white paper Black paper to guide me only a paper back book call Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Now with internet and google, the world become so small and the people become so close thus learn a bit more.

Be open minded, talk less and think more.

God give you two ear, eye, hand, leg but only one mouth.

DC33_2008
18-05-13, 16:44
Those people will not shout but learn how to add one or two zero behind in this forum.
I think internet surveys especially when it comes to finances tend to be skewed. I ve noticed that the people who answer tend to be the ones making the money, maybe its just a more disguised way to boost the ego. E.g if you asked how much people are earning, or what is their net worth, you ll suddenly find that everyone 9 out of 10 people on the internet are millionaires and making hell lot of money.

Besides, if you re making one thousand a month, or you re collecting property rental 500 monthly, would you bother to shout it out?

CondoInterested
18-05-13, 20:54
Wait tax man ask you to drink coffee and ask why never declare in tax...

Is there an option to vote $0?

$24k annual is a lot for people who earn less than 2k a month. Nowadays just rent 3 room flat already 2k or more.

chestnut
18-05-13, 21:47
Wait tax man ask you to drink coffee and ask why never declare in tax...

Is there an option to vote $0?

$24k annual is a lot for people who earn less than 2k a month. Nowadays just rent 3 room flat already 2k or more.

Brudder, need to get stamp duty on rental. So iras has all the rental figures. If not how they get rental info and adjust nav for the property.

So, can run but cannot hide. Hahahaha

CondoInterested
18-05-13, 22:18
You talking about HDB or Private?

chestnut
18-05-13, 23:45
You talking about HDB or Private?

Both

Check item 5
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=2486

Cupcakes
19-05-13, 01:57
Can the owner or tenant don't stamp the TA?

chestnut
19-05-13, 07:29

Everything is possible. The mantra - do but don't get caught....

In this case. If hdb, hdb can take back the hdb if caught... So not worth it...

Landlord will also be held ransom by tenant... Hahahahahaha

Penny wise pound foolish....

CondoInterested
19-05-13, 08:18
Never remember stamp or pay anything leh.

For HDB, just log in to their website, key in detail, HDB approved, that's it.

chestnut
19-05-13, 08:29

Private, tenant pays for the duty.... Typically my agent does everything and claim from the tenant.

This is how the data is collected and valuation can be done.... :D

Cupcakes
19-05-13, 10:29

Ya, that's what I did too.

Ringo33
19-05-13, 10:37
If you dont stamp, can just declare the income. That should be fine i think. Ultimately, most of us will still have to declare the rental income when we apply for loan.

MLP
19-05-13, 13:29
Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....What are your analysis and conclusions from this survey? Care to explain your views...

If you dont stamp, can just declare the income. That should be fine i think. Ultimately, most of us will still have to declare the rental income when we apply for loan.

proper-t
19-05-13, 13:36
Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....What are your analysis and conclusions from this survey? Care to explain your views...

He busy playing in another thread lah...don't disturb his 'fun time'

please leave my balls alone leh.:D

actually condo pool betters to see boobs, not balls.

Judas
19-05-13, 23:00

Stamp duty is paid by the tenant. TA is not recognized by court if not stamped.

Cupcakes
20-05-13, 08:53
Stamp duty is paid by the tenant. TA is not recognized by court if not stamped.
Will the landlord be notified if the TA was stamped by tenants?

DC33_2008
20-05-13, 09:42
Agent should send a copy of the IRAS receipt of the Stamped TA to you. Otherwise, you can ask from your tenant if you do not have an agent. I have in the past done it myself as a landlord and tenant reimbursed me as I did not have an agent.
Will the landlord be notified if the TA was stamped by tenants?

DC33_2008
20-05-13, 09:43
No wonder they said that Singapore is full of landlords.

Ringo33
20-05-13, 11:26

perhaps that explain why productivity in Singapore is so low. I think many part-time landlord are no longer motivated to work..

Rosy
20-05-13, 11:30
perhaps that explain why productivity in Singapore is so low. I think many part-time landlord are no longer motivated to work..
The prospect of being a landlord in SG will drive the youngsters to work harder and smarter during their prime age.

Rosy
20-05-13, 11:31
Yes if you include room rentals.

Lovelle
20-05-13, 11:42
dpends, many here also get bored after sitting at home for too long.

Mr chestnut, mmking, all work because they are bored.

Ringo33
20-05-13, 11:46
The prospect of being a landlord in SG will drive the youngsters to work harder and smarter during their prime age.

Actually the prospect of more CMs will stop them from dreaming about it.

If someone is starting from zero (ie. with no parent seeding fund) it will be very difficult for most couple to generate enough money to buy their 2nd property in the first 5 to 10 years.

Cupcakes
20-05-13, 11:56

If someone is starting from zero (ie. with no parent seeding fund) it will be very difficult for most couple to generate enough money to buy their 2nd property in the first 5 to 10 years.
i did it all by myself in 5 years time:p

Ringo33
20-05-13, 11:58
i did it all by myself in 5 years time:p

did you go through the subsidized HDB route for your first property before venturing into private?

Cupcakes
20-05-13, 13:39
did you go through the subsidized HDB route for your first property before venturing into private? Subsidized or not still need to pay right? :p

indomie
20-05-13, 13:48

I agree. Low interest rate + high inflation, make it very difficult for saver class to save enough money to buy 2nd property. Even for investors now is difficult to buy 3rd or 4rd property. Income gap is widening. The next generation of youngsters are renters class. The situation would be similar to new york now, where its quite normal to rent rather than buy.

Ringo33
20-05-13, 16:37
Subsidized or not still need to pay right? :p

with subsidized flat your consumption rate is lower, hence have higher saving rate.

Arcachon
20-05-13, 17:30

Productivity in Singapore is so low is due to the generous countries around Singapore who willing give their son and daughter to work for us in their prime. Wonder when will they wake up. We are extending MRT North so that they can come here to work easier and we can go over and relax when we are old. They even build Hospital waiting for us. Long live Malay Malaysia.....