PDA

View Full Version : Increase in hawkers using plastic bags/containers to store boiling oil and soup

sgbuyer
17-05-13, 17:51
Recently, I've noticed many hawkers doing this. Many of you may not know what you're eating during lunch or dinner outside.

azeoprop
17-05-13, 17:56
I've seen many of them use those normal big and red plastic pails to transfer hot boiling soup. :scared-5:

zzz1
17-05-13, 18:23
Best is to use stainless steel tangket ...

Hot and especially deep fried food directly put instantly on steroform will have some chemical reaction...

Allthepies
17-05-13, 18:32
That why home cooked food is priceless.

sgbuyer
17-05-13, 18:34
I've seen many of them use those normal big and red plastic pails to transfer hot boiling soup. :scared-5:

This is standard practice for hawkers.

But i've seen worst, using pails to store recycled boiling oil, and plastic bags to store boiling curry to be used next day! This was done by an Indian Rest chain - I won't mention name.

sgbuyer
17-05-13, 18:35
Best is to use stainless steel tangket ...

Hot and especially deep fried food directly put instantly on steroform will have some chemical reaction...

No use, before they put the food into your tongkat, they place it in plastic pail for cooling down.

zzz1
17-05-13, 18:43
No use, before they put the food into your tongkat, they place it in plastic pail for cooling down.

Oh dear,... And if the plastic pail had being used for ages and started to disintegrate ..:scared-4:

mygeemeel
17-05-13, 19:36
There is nothing you can do except bring your own tingkat. You cannot control how they handle the food processing.

I read a Stomp news where someone ate thosai, only to find an opened safety pin in her/his mouth. They informed authorities but the officers replied they investigated the next day, found no pins. :doh:

mygeemeel
17-05-13, 19:39
How many of you use the trays? Do you realise these trays are not washed at all? Some stalls auto put the utensils on the tray when you placed order. You should stop using trays.

hopeful
17-05-13, 20:14

But i've seen worst, using pails to store recycled boiling oil, and plastic bags to store boiling curry to be used next day! This was done by an Indian Rest chain - I won't mention name.

and how many indian restaurant chains are there in singapore?
i can only think of komala's.

hyenergix
17-05-13, 20:24

Now u know y people enjoy its food, due to e special ingredients.

Cupcakes
17-05-13, 23:39
I eat subway only :D

DKSG
18-05-13, 11:03
Not many things are safe nowadays.

I think this may explain all the cancers human beings are getting.

But what can we do ?

Office Boy decide that might as well make use of the limited time left in this world to do whatever we want (legally la!) Instead of worrying over what will happen tomorrow.

This is why I took up the Office Boy job! Got more free time, and more carefree! And still got pay!

DKSG

zzz1
18-05-13, 11:33
Recently, I've noticed many hawkers doing this. Many of you may not know what you're eating during lunch or dinner outside.
Just happen this morning, as usual, buy my newspaper,order kopi o and self collect roti prata...thinking of slowing enjoy and read news paper...

When order 2 koso prata, the hawker use the hand grove to take the prata instead of tong(non issue with that)

But when I give a 2 dollar note, he used the same hand(hand grove on) to take and exchange monies...!!! I scolded home straight...!

Most of the people, when money drop into the toilet , still pick up , that is the most unhygienic and being changed hands every day..

mygeemeel
18-05-13, 13:12
Just happen this morning, as usual, buy my newspaper,order kopi o and self collect roti prata...thinking of slowing enjoy and read news paper...

When order 2 koso prata, the hawker use the hand grove to take the prata instead of tong(non issue with that)

But when I give a 2 dollar note, he used the same hand(hand grove on) to take and exchange monies...!!! I scolded home straight...!

Most of the people, when money drop into the toilet , still pick up , that is the most unhygienic and being changed hands every day..

It is still happening in many hawkers and restaurants.

Werther
18-05-13, 13:23
Not many things are safe nowadays.

I think this may explain all the cancers human beings are getting.

But what can we do ?

Office Boy decide that might as well make use of the limited time left in this world to do whatever we want (legally la!) Instead of worrying over what will happen tomorrow.

This is why I took up the Office Boy job! Got more free time, and more carefree! And still got pay!

DKSG

Hello DKSG

I like yr analogy.... True.. As long as you are happy, of course I know u r not really a office boy lah... But probably your job very ''eng' one but still got high salary ... Why not and enjoy and have a less stressful job.. Yr office still have vacancy ? cheers6:

lifeline
18-05-13, 14:14
finally found this link. what do you all think?

Watch "315晚会:一次性筷子是这样生产出来的!" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqmgSHGU5Ds&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://jiankang.cntv.cn/2013/03/25/ARTI1364171812571292.shtml

sgbuyer
18-05-13, 14:50
finally found this link. what do you all think?

Watch "315晚会:一次性筷子是这样生产出来的!" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqmgSHGU5Ds&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://jiankang.cntv.cn/2013/03/25/ARTI1364171812571292.shtml

win liao, now i ban wooden chopsticks liao. even chopsticks can cause cancer!

chiaberry
18-05-13, 15:02
I don't take the plastic spoon from hawker when there's hot soup. Nor the wooden chopsticks. That's for take away. I hardly eat in hawker centre (cannot remember the last time). Food is provided at work anway.

eng81157
20-05-13, 10:49
not all kinds of plastic degrade at 100degrees. as long as they get those that are certified to withstand the heat, though it means paying a little more

sgbuyer
20-05-13, 10:52
not all kinds of plastic degrade at 100degrees. as long as they get those that are certified to withstand the heat, though it means paying a little more

Nowadays plastics imported from China degrade even at room temperature. Anyone notices that some plastic bags used by hawkers smell? Not referring to plastic bags from major shops and chains like NTUC or Giant.

Even some of the cheaper BPA free plastics bottle can degrade. Don't believe, pour tap water into a BPA free plastic bottle, leave it there for 2 weeks and then smell the water after that.

Lovelle
20-05-13, 10:55
once i was at the restaurant, Paradise something. The waitress was using a plastic tumbler to scoop hot water and transfer to a metal container .

eng81157
20-05-13, 11:12
Nowadays plastics imported from China degrade even at room temperature. Anyone notices that some plastic bags used by hawkers smell? Not referring to plastic bags from major shops and chains like NTUC or Giant.

Even some of the cheaper BPA free plastics bottle can degrade. Don't believe, pour tap water into a BPA free plastic bottle, leave it there for 2 weeks and then smell the water after that.

BPA-free bottles just mean they are BPA-free. milk bottles, from most reputable brands, are BPA-free and able to withstand heat.

there are two different attributes. as for the two weeks thing, i believe it is due to microscopic algae and/or bacteria growth, rather than plastic degradation at room temperature.

hopeful
20-05-13, 11:44
well, anybody interested in using sterling silverware?
silver apparently kills lots of germs and bacteria.

eng81157
20-05-13, 11:57
and vampires and werewolves too :scared-5: :scared-5:

ysyap
20-05-13, 15:27
once i was at the restaurant, Paradise something. The waitress was using a plastic tumbler to scoop hot water and transfer to a metal container .Paradise Inn?

zzz1
20-05-13, 15:36
well, anybody interested in using sterling silverware?
silver apparently kills lots of germs and bacteria.

Properly can be found in mama land that still use silver ware,,,,

Yap, is the silver element react with water that produce charge ion that kills the bacteria...