PDA

View Full Version : RIP: My friend

radha08
16-05-13, 23:04
This week i got news that one of my collegues at work had passed away suddenly while overseas at the tender ago of EARLY forties his was a sudden death and he leaves behind his beloved wife and teenage children

A very very nice and soft spoken guy unlike a lot of other #$@^ in my company always a smile and soft spoken tone he is now GONE i just realise that the SINGLE MOST important thing that every LIVING being should value is LIFE everything else is SECONDARY:cheers1:

azeoprop
16-05-13, 23:09
Yes, treasure the time that is given to you. RIP. :(

zzz1
17-05-13, 00:23
This week i got news that one of my collegues at work had passed away suddenly while overseas at the tender ago of EARLY forties his was a sudden death and he leaves behind his beloved wife and teenage children

A very very nice and soft spoken guy unlike a lot of other #$@^ in my company always a smile and soft spoken tone he is now GONE i just realise that the SINGLE MOST important thing that every LIVING being should value is LIFE everything else is SECONDARY:cheers1:
I think live life at the fullest, and seeing your close wan daily is a blessing.
I am at the age of attending siblings and friends ` wake , I am taking things easy, .

life is short, and remember , no matter how many friends u have, at the end of the day, is your wife and children are at your bed when you are sick. The rest of them the most is to visit you more offen....cherish our love wan...

hopeful
17-05-13, 06:38

i was about to say that you marry the lovely wife until i re-read that part realised that i have misread the word "beloved" for "lovely".

anyway, when your colleague died overseas, does the company give the wife travel and accomodation expenses to see the body overseas and to accompany the body back to singapore?

ysyap
17-05-13, 06:48

A very very nice and soft spoken guy unlike a lot of other #$@^ in my company always a smile and soft spoken tone he is now GONE i just realise that the SINGLE MOST important thing that every LIVING being should value is LIFE everything else is SECONDARY:cheers1:Such incidents do shake us a bit and remind us what is important indeed. My work place witnessed 3 deaths over the past 4 months. 2 natural, 1 ... Sigh!

DKSG
17-05-13, 08:18
Thats why Office Boy always advocate to learn how to spend money meaningfully than to spend too much time trying to make too much money.

Every min you are unhappy in the office, is every min of your life wasted.

Most Singaporeans who own 2-3 PCs are already there, but they still continue to want more and more. So that at the end of the day, they die unhapppily in the process of trying to make more money.

My office got many people like that, but Office Boy just watch and smile.

DKSG

triple70
17-05-13, 08:49
Life is short.

Enjoy it while you can. U can't enjoy when yr body is weak, your mind is stressed up about $/relationships.

APPRECIATE and CELEBRATE life.. be happy with what has been achieved. Don't fret over the small things.

Take precautions, like buying insurance... maintaining relationships. Peace of mind and a clear conscience is priceless.

radha08
17-05-13, 08:55
i was about to say that you marry the lovely wife until i re-read that part realised that i have misread the word "beloved" for "lovely".

anyway, when your colleague died overseas, does the company give the wife travel and accomodation expenses to see the body overseas and to accompany the body back to singapore?

he was a foreigner i believe they flew his body back to his own country for his funeral but i believe his family would be distraught at his sudden demise if one is aged and sick and passes away people expect it but to get a phone all out of nowhere saying your loved one is gone its like the end of the world:o

alamak
17-05-13, 08:56

Over worked ..Over stress.. Over worry .. over practically everything ... No outlet ... does'nt share (nice and soft-spoken as usual) ..Bang Bang .... lose meaning of life purpose (suicide .. as Todd's case ). The human mind is too fragile ..psychological speaking if we are just too focused on certain specifics of life ...

radha08
17-05-13, 08:57
Life is short.

Enjoy it while you can. U can't enjoy when yr body is weak, your mind is stressed up about $/relationships.

APPRECIATE and CELEBRATE life.. be happy with what has been achieved. Don't fret over the small things.

Take precautions, like buying insurance... maintaining relationships. Peace of mind and a clear conscience is priceless.

cheers bro my thoughts too

mcmlxxvi
17-05-13, 10:04
poor people buy 4d to buy some hope
rich people buy condo to have something to look forward to

if we all need some reason to stay alive and get thru the days to arrive at some unknown 'FUTURE', and overlook what we already have TODAY to enjoy, we are all quite hopeless.

chestnut
17-05-13, 10:26
Here is my take on life :

We do not know when we are going to kick the bucket. If we do, we can do proper planning rite???? So do we want to plan such that we will live till 82 or do we plan such that we will live till 50????

We need to determine at what age we believe we will live until... And that will be our goal....

If we plan to live till 82, we need to save money such that we can still have a certain level of living standard after we retire.

During our course to save money for retirement, we also need to enjoy our lives a little bit - in the event we kick the bucket earlier.... So there must be some balance in our lives... The issue is the fine balancing... Spend too much in your early life and you will be deprived of "money" in the future to spend... Spend too little in your early life and you may be stripped of enjoyment in the event you kick the bucket early...

The key is to strike a balance and only you and you alone can determine this balance which will make you happy....

Some find joy in liquor, some find joy in companionship with friends, some find joy in the high life.... So it is almost impossible to past judgement on someone's lifestyle.... What is important is you MUST BE HAPPY AND SMILE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So what if you have so much money and perpetually worry about whether you have enough.... Do little things that make you happy.... And most importantly, be optimistic and live each day as if it were your last. Of course easier said than done. After all, we are all humans and we are affected by variables in life (office politics, kids education, money problems, etc...) but if we try, at least we will get somewhere....

I always believe in this statement :

"Money cannot buy you happiness but without money, how long can one be happy - especially if a catastrophic event occurs that require money".

So be happy, dont worry..... As the song goes....

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

radha08
17-05-13, 10:41
Here is my take on life :

What is important is you MUST BE HAPPY AND SMILE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So be happy, dont worry..... As the song goes....

yes bro from your summary my take also same dont worry be happy cos laughter is the best medicine thats why i always end my posts with:D:D:D

mcmlxxvi
17-05-13, 12:48
yes bro from your summary my take also same dont worry be happy cos laughter is the best medicine thats why i always end my posts with:D:D:D

I m always HAPPY. :ashamed1:

princess_morbucks
17-05-13, 14:25
I m always HAPPY. :ashamed1:

Another word for happy is gay!
Happy is :) ... not :ashamed1:.

radha08
17-05-13, 16:23
Another word for happy is gay!
Happy is :) ... not :ashamed1:.

when i was in kindergarten we always sing this song if u happy and u
know it clap ur hands:doh::doh::doh:

feel so STUPID now 40 years later:D:D:D

chestnut
17-05-13, 16:28
when i was in kindergarten we always sing this song if u happy and u
know it clap ur hands:doh::doh::doh:

feel so STUPID now 40 years later:D:D:D

Bro, my friend went to a gay bar and sitting down, they played the song and people were clapping their hands.... Finally he realised. Hahahahaha

True story.....

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

sgbuyer
17-05-13, 17:50

Unknown to most of us, our environment is very toxic.

Water - Newater
Cooked Food - Recycled oil, boiling soup in plastic bags
Air - Jurong Island
Vegetables - PRC
Meat - Antibiotics

chestnut
17-05-13, 18:00
Unknown to most of us, our environment is very toxic.

Water - Newater
Cooked Food - Recycled oil, boiling soup in plastic bags
Air - Jurong Island
Vegetables - PRC
Meat - Antibiotics

Water - drink alkaline water (marvel)
Cooked food - take more alkaline food and salad
Air - Get air purifier in your room (Germitrol)
Vegetables - buy Aus broccoli (cold storage)
Meat - Take more fish (especially cod or salmon)

Voila..... Solution

zzz1
17-05-13, 18:30

Voila..... Solution

Anybody had tried alkaline drinks and what is the effect?
Is it really that good?
Think of trying but not sure if it is marketing gimmick ...and it is really exp!!!

chestnut
17-05-13, 18:42
Anybody had tried alkaline drinks and what is the effect?
Is it really that good?
Think of trying but not sure if it is marketing gimmick ...and it is really exp!!!

I bot marvel. I think about 2.6k. Pretty good. They also dispense acidic water. This can be used for washing face... Effect on skin quite good. According to my girls....

The beauty is after buying, u drink more water.... I bring a bottle and place it in the car and drink it everyday.

Don't know gimmick or not, but I actually drink more water after the purchase... The taste is also different...

Bot it at kemp something in international plaza...

:cheers4: :cheers4:

As to the amount I paid... I really cannot remember. Need to ask my wifey...

zzz1
17-05-13, 18:49
I bot marvel. I think about 2.6k. Pretty good. They also dispense acidic water. This can be used for washing face... Effect on skin quite good. According to my girls....

The beauty is after buying, u drink more water.... I bring a bottle and place it in the car and drink it everyday.

Don't know gimmick or not, but I actually drink more water after the purchase... The taste is also different...

Bot it at kemp something in international plaza...

:cheers4: :cheers4:

As to the amount I paid... I really cannot remember. Need to ask my wifey...

so the good effect is the result of drinking more or the alkaline neutralisation of acid in the body? This is being advertise ....

Me whole body aching sia.... I think a good massage works as well....:D

chestnut
17-05-13, 19:44
so the good effect is the result of drinking more or the alkaline neutralisation of acid in the body? This is being advertise ....

Me whole body aching sia.... I think a good massage works as well....:D

Bro, u need to try Chiropractic...

Ang Moh I go
Elder chiropractic

Chinese I go
Mr Liu at orchard plaza
Tel 6737 3821

After that, massage does wonders... Massage is temp, Chiro last a couple of months.

zzz1
18-05-13, 09:51
Bro, u need to try Chiropractic...

Ang Moh I go
Elder chiropractic

Chinese I go
Mr Liu at orchard plaza
Tel 6737 3821

After that, massage does wonders... Massage is temp, Chiro last a couple of months.
Good good.. Will try later dates...tks

heehee
18-05-13, 10:25
Sudden death you mean not due to accident? Due to unknown illness?

Yap, that is why I believe in retiring early & enjoy life, even if the life is simple, no luxury. Worry & stress is the worst thing for old people, accelerate illness that make living painful & yet won't die, most pitiful & sorrowful situation. Like that I better jump down from the Sails, still can create a name on newspaper..........

狮子王
22-05-13, 08:54
Sudden death you mean not due to accident? Due to unknown illness?

Yap, that is why I believe in retiring early & enjoy life, even if the life is simple, no luxury. Worry & stress is the worst thing for old people, accelerate illness that make living painful & yet won't die, most pitiful & sorrowful situation. Like that I better jump down from the Sails, still can create a name on newspaper..........

He was planning to retire at 50.

狮子王
22-05-13, 09:02
He was planning to retire at 50.

That was 3 more years for him. He could afford to retire any moment, but he chose to push for another 3 more years which sadly, is the end for him.

:(

狮子王
22-05-13, 09:05
That was 3 more years for him. He could afford to retire any moment, but he chose to push for another 3 more years which sadly, is the end for him.

:(

The key to life is to live the present moment to the fullest while you can. Not to over-plan as life is unpredictable as it is.

Also, do not hesitate to do something you feel is right nor fear failure in property investment. Seize the moment, so they say.

Good Luck.

狮子王
22-05-13, 13:47
My THIRD EYE told me your this colleague works in a Japanese firm.

Shanhz
06-07-13, 16:34

Voila..... Solution

bro, most alkaline water have high sodium content, if i'm not wrong.

cod/salmon have high mercury content.

morale of the story - just live each day as if it's the last. buy enuff insurance.

mcmlxxvi
07-07-13, 12:15
if i follow shanhtz advice i will be feeding on pocky and terra blue chips with haagen daz every meal...

phantom_opera
07-07-13, 14:03
I use alkaline water with coffee as coffee especially light roast is highly acidic

no need expensive machine, just bottled waters

Shanhz
13-07-13, 17:50
if i follow shanhtz advice i will be feeding on pocky and terra blue chips with haagen daz every meal...

liddat only? if i follow my own advice it will be crabs prawns roast meat with crispy skin char gui tiao carrot cake and many many more everyday. pocky, chips and haagen daz where got shiok.

:cool: