PDA

View Full Version : S'pore housing heading for a downturn, says developer

Amber Woods
15-05-13, 15:44
By Romesh Navaratnarajah (https://plus.google.com/100211889324198007685/about?hl=en):

With a surge of new homes coming on to the market, Singapore’s housing sector will soon become a buyer’s market as developers continue to provide attractive incentives, according to experts.

Chris Comer, CEO of Castlewood Group, the developer of Nikki Beach properties around Asia, said: “It’s going to be a renters’ market here for a very long time.”

In a Wall Street Journal report, Singapore resident Comer reckoned that a downturn could hit Singapore in the next 12 months, and “you’ll start to see properties resold for less than they paid for them”.

Other analysts do not see a bubble, but have warned of an oversupply instead, which will likely cut prices and rents.

In an earlier report, Nomura said that 16,000 new private homes would be delivered in the next three quarters compared with 2,408 in Q1.

“Supply is likely to outstrip demand and vacancy (and rents) will likely come under more pressure in the coming quarters.”

Concurring, Daiwa analyst David Lum acknowledged the possibility of a supply glut, highlighting that some 86,000 private homes were in the pipeline by end-2012. This is in addition to the influx of HDB flats set to enter the market between 2014 to 2016.

He added that this would lead to an 18 percent decline in mass market home prices and 20 percent in the luxury segment through to end-2015.

Romesh Navaratnarajah, Senior Editor at PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact him about this or other stories email [email protected] ([email protected])

4wheels
15-05-13, 16:12
just a matter of time but there are those who think otherwise!

Kelonguni
15-05-13, 16:20
Smacking my lips. It's time!

yowetan
15-05-13, 16:39
Hi...this is why I think a crash is imminent.

shareidiot
15-05-13, 16:42
English lesson: a DOWNTURN is different from a CRASH. :tsk-tsk:

sgbuyer
15-05-13, 16:54
English lesson: a DOWNTURN is different from a CRASH. :tsk-tsk:

CPF and IRAS has first claim over banks, the worst hit in a property crash is none other than private banks.... ;)

Cupcakes
15-05-13, 17:05
Planning to buy my 3rd property in 2 years times =]

henryhk
15-05-13, 17:07
Hope crash faster come then I can buy a D9 condo at dirt cheap price, even with ABSD, is worth it!!!

lionhill
15-05-13, 17:11
Hope crash faster come then I can buy a D9 condo at dirt cheap price, even with ABSD, is worth it!!!
If all of you are waiting to buy them, how can a crash come?

sgbuyer
15-05-13, 17:31

Only 6 months ago, everyone wants to buy gold....

Rlin
15-05-13, 17:38

More people want to sell and not that many want to buy as most have already jumped in and used up their savings, buying at a high price.

sgbuyer
15-05-13, 17:41
More people want to sell and not that many want to buy as most have already jumped in and used up their savings, buying at a high price.

Herd instinct. McDonalds Hello kitty toys also many people want to buy at one time.

phantom_opera
15-05-13, 18:20
this thread simply shows that the peak is not near

RCT
15-05-13, 18:22
CPF and IRAS has first claim over banks, the worst hit in a property crash is none other than private banks.... ;)

That is why the government already enforce a safety net for the bank. SSD... How to sell? First year is 16%.. Second year is 12%... Third year is 8%.. By then housing should pick up again... So before that all lian lian have to hold and pay interest

Arcachon
15-05-13, 18:32
SAYs which Developer?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17715

Government to release five residential sites estimated to
yield 2,725 housing units in May 2013
To provide developers and home-buyers with more choices for private housing, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Housing & Development Board (HDB) will be releasing five sites for sale in May 2013 under the Government Land Sales Programme (GLS) for 1st half 2013 (1H2013).
Together, these five sites can yield about 2,725 residential units.
The land parcel at Tampines Avenue 10 (Parcel B) is launched for sale today under the Confirmed List. The remaining four land parcels at Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Prince Charles Crescent (Parcel B), Siglap Road and Geylang East Avenue 1 are made available today for application on the Reserve List.
More details on the land parcels can be found in Annex 1 and the location plans in Annex 2.
Other Details
Tender for the residential site at Tampines Avenue 10 (Parcel B) will close at 12 noon on 2 July 2013. Selection of the successful tenderer will be based on the tendered land price only.
More details on the land parcels are available on the respective URA and HDB websites at:
(Tampines Avenue 10 (Parcel B))
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Tampines...intro(CL).html
(Toa Payoh Lorong 6)
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....4?OpenDocument
(Prince Charles Crescent (Parcel B))
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/PCharles...intro(MA).html
(Siglap Road)
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Siglap/M...intro(MA).html
(Geylang East Avenue 1)
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/GeylangE...intro(MA).html

minority
15-05-13, 18:37

U wait long long.

sgbuyer
15-05-13, 19:04
That is why the government already enforce a safety net for the bank. SSD... How to sell? First year is 16%.. Second year is 12%... Third year is 8%.. By then housing should pick up again... So before that all lian lian have to hold and pay interest

Then it will depend on the loan agreement if bank has the right to lelong the property if borrower can't top up margin or pay installment even if first year.

Government won't complain since they can earn 16%. :D

radha08
15-05-13, 19:08
Drop more buy more...:cheers1:

Rysk
15-05-13, 19:10
I oso lan lan have to pay the "low interest" for my 3rd pty..
Oh sorry.. I meaning paying by my tenant.. instalment with interest.. & balance goes to my pocket..

irisng
15-05-13, 19:28
SAYs which Developer?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17715

Government to release five residential sites estimated to
yield 2,725 housing units in May 2013
To provide developers and home-buyers with more choices for private housing, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Housing & Development Board (HDB) will be releasing five sites for sale in May 2013 under the Government Land Sales Programme (GLS) for 1st half 2013 (1H2013).
Together, these five sites can yield about 2,725 residential units.
The land parcel at Tampines Avenue 10 (Parcel B) is launched for sale today under the Confirmed List. The remaining four land parcels at Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Prince Charles Crescent (Parcel B), Siglap Road and Geylang East Avenue 1 are made available today for application on the Reserve List.
More details on the land parcels can be found in Annex 1 and the location plans in Annex 2.
Other Details
Tender for the residential site at Tampines Avenue 10 (Parcel B) will close at 12 noon on 2 July 2013. Selection of the successful tenderer will be based on the tendered land price only.
More details on the land parcels are available on the respective URA and HDB websites at:
(Tampines Avenue 10 (Parcel B))
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Tampines...intro(CL).html
(Toa Payoh Lorong 6)
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....4?OpenDocument
(Prince Charles Crescent (Parcel B))
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/PCharles...intro(MA).html
(Siglap Road)
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Siglap/M...intro(MA).html
(Geylang East Avenue 1)
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/GeylangE...intro(MA).html

Since sales drop, implies that developers might have hard time selling off their units and yet govt still keep releasing the lands, so will the developers still willing to bid high high for the lands? If this is so, isn't the govt revenue will drop too, will this affect our economy?

irisng
15-05-13, 19:31
Drop more buy more...:cheers1:

It will then become the rich man including those who are cash rich market, so the gap between the rich and poor will get wider and wider.

star
15-05-13, 19:31
Stock market never crash how can property crash.

3C
15-05-13, 20:59

Because many of them wait & wait for the crash until the brain finally crashed :banghead:

lajia
15-05-13, 21:25
thats why i said, no more CMs....let them sell the lands and developer is the first to signal that they full liao, then next will come is you will see less ppl going to buy @ iskandar. The first to hit should be there. a lot is multi property here and then because of CM all run there to invest. So if here got signal of slow down, activities will stop and immediately, there will be hit! just my opinion. anyway, dont think there is slow down for prolong period. lull period maybe. the CMs should be lifted one by one of our gate will be open!:2cents:

thomastansb
15-05-13, 21:38
What goes up must come down. In fact, this bull cycle has overrun already. Probably due to low interest environment.

Rysk
15-05-13, 21:43
Because many of them wait & wait for the crash until the brain finally crashed :banghead:
I'm also waiting & waiting & waiting for mortgage rate to go up soon since End March..
But while I'm still waiting.. the thread suddenly no sound no shadow.. By then the TS already go MIA..

Mortgage rates in Singapore on the way up
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17301
Hong Kong banks increase interest rates for home loans
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=17215

So just hope that this time round.. this thread can really make it..

phantom_opera
15-05-13, 21:49
classic reply

SQ008
15-05-13, 21:49
Waiting for conservation shophouse prices to crash too.

sunrise
15-05-13, 22:35

yowe,
cheap haunted house waiting for grabs. house cleansing can be done later by powerful sifu. with so many foreign talent around its easily to rent them out. wander if you have the guts to step in to collect rents, are you ready for a change?

ichigo55
15-05-13, 22:38
There are really loads of people waiting for the "crash" ...
But what needs to come before a crash, stk mkt crash .. Attrition up .. Etc...
When there's crash most will not even dare to make a move ..

3C
15-05-13, 22:43
Wolf is coming!

Arcachon
15-05-13, 22:47
Since sales drop, implies that developers might have hard time selling off their units and yet govt still keep releasing the lands, so will the developers still willing to bid high high for the lands? If this is so, isn't the govt revenue will drop too, will this affect our economy?

http://www.sgrealist.com/developers-landbanks-depleted-by-robust-sales/

Developers' landbanks depleted by robust sales

DKSG
15-05-13, 22:54
Since October 2011, people already say property market will crash big time already.

But then what happened ? Some people even very precisely say will down 50% by 2015!

People have to understand why there is a crash, develop the story and test out the parameters, like that shout here no use one.

My office got tens and tens of people waiting ... not for the crash, but for market to drop 10%. They tell me once I see it drop 10%, quickly call them, they will get into FH CCR.

Then some 6 months ago, many start to drop the 10%, and say anything more than 5% lower than valuation, they grab.

I also hope market can go down a bit to pressure government to remove the CMs. Esp those related to ABSD and LTV, once they remove that, many in the office will be liberated to BUY BUY BUY !

They say, just like 2009 Lehman times, if property market drop suddenly, just go and grab something because they regret not grabbing it last time.

Are people around you all all thinking like that ?

Coupled with those who own units now refused to sell. Resale supply dropped.

Office Boy will do more resale viewings this weekend and report back to those who wants to listen.

DKSG
PS : Property Price drop, I think ppl here Huat more than price increase!

CCR
15-05-13, 23:02
you must understand who made this statement... castlegroup is not a developer in SG right? so ask you to sell SG properties and buy overseas properties

sh
15-05-13, 23:09
Then it will depend on the loan agreement if bank has the right to lelong the property if borrower can't top up margin or pay installment even if first year.

Government won't complain since they can earn 16%. :D

Now LTV at 50%, for force sale, prices need to drop 50%. If no force sales, prices how to drop 50%:beats-me-man: so go figure for yourself....

DKSG
15-05-13, 23:09
you must understand who made this statement... castlegroup is not a developer in SG right? so ask you to sell SG properties and buy overseas properties
CCR is indeed a sharp forumer worth learning from.

I didnt even notice who made the statement.

Thats why I always think, who say what also no use, you need to go to the showflats to see it for yourself.

DKSG

kane
15-05-13, 23:31

there was an article on the weekend of Straits Times on this a few months back.

kane
15-05-13, 23:35
For those who are wondering who is Castlewood Group, here they are:

http://www.castlewoodgroup.com/#!developments

and their developments are only 2 in Phuket.

have they become experts in Singapore property scene?

economist
15-05-13, 23:44
Daiwa analyst David Lum said in 2011 that price will decline 20% within two or three years. He said again this time in 2013.

A true economist will never make predictions, he explains the economy and the market along the way.

august
16-05-13, 00:04

looks dodgy to me ~

Akira Fudou
16-05-13, 00:34
What goes up must come down. In fact, this bull cycle has overrun already. Probably due to low interest environment.

Really? ok meaning i have the chance of buying a $40k 4 room HDB. yeah!
:cheers4:

radha08
16-05-13, 01:53
For those who are wondering who is Castlewood Group, here they are:

http://www.castlewoodgroup.com/#!developments (http://www.castlewoodgroup.com/#%21developments)

and their developments are only 2 in Phuket.

have they become experts in Singapore property scene?

better change name to dungeongroup:D:D:D

radha08
16-05-13, 01:55
Really? ok meaning i have the chance of buying a $40k 4 room HDB. yeah!
:cheers4:

wohoo then i can get my bayshore 2 bedder at $100k YES:cheers4:

kane
16-05-13, 08:27
Daiwa analyst David Lum said in 2011 that price will decline 20% within two or three years. He said again this time in 2013.

A true economist will never make predictions, he explains the economy and the market along the way.

He should look at JPY and its impact on asset prices. And such monetary easing has happened many times before this.

lionhill
16-05-13, 08:40

Thats why I always think, who say what also no use, you need to go to the showflats to see it for yourself.

DKSG
Brother DKSG, if you are a fund manager, you must be a reliable one whom I can trust. Why, I heard that some diligent fund managers will stand at the gate of a potential company, counting the lorries in and out so that they can gauge the performance of the company. Now, You are monitoring the property market for us.

TOKARA
16-05-13, 09:52

DKSG

i have been to showflats and indeed, big crowd

But am unsure how many are really cash rich? Or merely taking chance to upgrade from HDB or take adv of the low interest rate? Knowing SG well, peer pressure these days have forced many mid-agers to look into EC / Condo...

My sister in law for example, combine income with her husband less than 10k, took a 700k loan for 40 years…just to get a Condo!

I am also hopping for a ten % dip!

thomastansb
16-05-13, 10:14
Anyway, these kind of report see liao just forget.

2009 - News say upturn will not last long. Sell if possible
2010 - News say prices have peaked. CCR will drop 20%
2011 - News say prices have overrun
2012 - News say prices will drop 15% for OCR
2013 - News say prices heading for downturn

Mr. B best. Prices will drop 50%. My experience tells me upturn and downturn will hit you without warning and without you realising it.

Matador
16-05-13, 10:15
This is what that guy Chris Comer of Castlewood Group said in a Sunday Times interview in March 2013:

Q: What property do you own?

People form opinions based on material possessions so I will respectfully decline to answer this. Let's just say I do OK. I own properties elsewhere, including Britain. They are mostly hotel rooms.

I am waiting for bargains here in Singapore.

So now we know why he wants to talk down Singapore's property market!!

mcmlxxvi
16-05-13, 10:39
Out of nowhere come out say something. Agenda-fool and piti-fool.

indomie
16-05-13, 11:05
i have been to showflats and indeed, big crowd

But am unsure how many are really cash rich? Or merely taking chance to upgrade from HDB or take adv of the low interest rate? Knowing SG well, peer pressure these days have forced many mid-agers to look into EC / Condo...

My sister in law for example, combine income with her husband less than 10k, took a 700k loan for 40 years…just to get a Condo!

I am also hopping for a ten % dip!
The term “Great Rotation,” which came to prominence in late 2012, refers to the widespread prediction that record-low bond yields will prompt investors to rotate out of bonds and into stocks during 2013 and beyond.

The higher the value of the stocks, the more people believe that the great rotation will happen. As stocks rise so will properties. These stocks gain will find its way into properties somehow. The stock bull run is only begun and it is not based on fundamentals. Don't look at fundamentals to assess property prices now because fundamentals are being shaped by the new low interest environment.

A better way to assess property prices is by expecting a wealth gap to increase further. Let's say u are a average joe. If u keep cash, where will u be when the wealth gap eventually widen. If u buy property on the other hand, on which side of the wealth gap will u be?

Middle class will get crushed. Investor class will prosper. In the low interest environment, the profit margins are low. Salary alone will not catch up with inflation.

star
16-05-13, 11:41
The term “Great Rotation,” which came to prominence in late 2012, refers to the widespread prediction that record-low bond yields will prompt investors to rotate out of bonds and into stocks during 2013 and beyond.

The higher the value of the stocks, the more people believe that the great rotation will happen. As stocks rise so will properties. These stocks gain will find its way into properties somehow. The stock bull run is only begun and it is not based on fundamentals. Don't look at fundamentals to assess property prices now because fundamentals are being shaped by the new low interest environment.

A better way to assess property prices is by expecting a wealth gap to increase further. Let's say u are a average joe. If u keep cash, where will u be when the wealth gap eventually widen. If u buy property on the other hand, on which side of the wealth gap will u be?

Middle class will get crushed. Investor class will prosper. In the low interest environment, the profit margins are low. Salary alone will not catch up with inflation.

Good post.

TOKARA
16-05-13, 14:44

very chim brother but well written!

so to continue to invest, i guessed?

indomie
16-05-13, 15:46

Sg has pretty much close its door to skill migrants. It only welcome wealth migrants now. If we are talking about 6.9 million population, who are these new migrants are?. Of course they are the rich. The gov cannot let the property price to crash no matter what. They have the tool to make sure it never crash which is GLS. If property price ever crash, the wealth gap between the indigenous singaporeans and wealthy new migrants will be too extreme. So in a way appreciating property prices is a way for gov to prepare for eventual arrival of the new wave wealthy migrants.

radha08
16-05-13, 15:58
Sg has pretty much close its door to skill migrants. It only welcome wealth migrants now. If we are talking about 6.9 million population, who are these new migrants are?. Of course they are the rich. The gov cannot let the property price to crash no matter what. They have the tool to make sure it never crash which is GLS. If property price ever crash, the wealth gap between the indigenous singaporeans and wealthy new migrants will be too extreme. So in a way appreciating property prices is a way for gov to prepare for eventual arrival of the new wave wealthy migrants.

sianzzz now no chance to buy my bayshore 2 bedder for $100k:D:D:D

eng81157
16-05-13, 15:59
i'm gonna repeat my psych analysis again.

1. price drop 10% - would I buy?

Yes? There are probably others thinking likewise too - prop up the price a little, while those kia-si are still sitting on the fence

2. price drop another 10% - would I buy?

Yes? There are probably many many others thinking likewise too - prop up the price, while those kia-si will just sit on the fence and miss the boat

hence, no crash! the day when there are no more buyers, the crash will come. but looking at the population white paper, what are those chances?

lajia
16-05-13, 16:11
Invest with eye wide open...:scared-5:

Mai Tam Pi, stay focus....:2cents: :D

Arcachon
16-05-13, 17:32
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a6a9fbf6-b735-11e2-a249-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2TRjycbmc

Rlin
16-05-13, 17:48
Not only skill migrants are restricted.
Foreigners holding various Passes and Employment Passes too are restricted. Hence rental demand will decline, it will not be like before.

Do not be caught with no rental, with empty apartments. Waiting for the few tenants that come by who will soon have a lot choices.

It is a period of stagflation. Little growth, high inflation. Unemployment creeping up. I see banks are retrenching now.

It is a hit & run investment strategy. Investors now looking for yields or get into something liquid which they can invest & get out quickly.

Now they are playing the stock market. Don't count on it to spread to property here which has bad yield and not easy to unload.

Arcachon
16-05-13, 17:56
Foreigners holding various Passes and Employment Passes too are restricted. Hence rental demand will decline, it will not be like before.

Do not be caught with no rental, with empty apartments. Waiting for the few tenants that come by who will soon have a lot choices.

It is a period of stagflation. Little growth, high inflation. Unemployment creeping up. I see banks are retrenching now.

It is a hit & run investment strategy. Investors now looking for yields or get into something liquid which they can invest & get out quickly.

Now they are playing the stock market. Don't count on it to spread to property here which has bad yield and not easy to unload.

Fully agree, the gov is committing suicide policy to get themselves out of government in the next election.

proud owner
16-05-13, 18:11

high inflation is the biggest killer for the average singaporeans...
salary doesn't move (up) in line with inflation...

now I can imagine how the Johorians felt when sporeans went to BJ to spend and jacked up inflation there ...

bank retrenchment started since mid 2012 ....

Rlin
16-05-13, 18:27
Aiyah, talking about properties here. Don't blame the government when everyone here ( most posts ) are encouraging each other to jump into properties. Just be prepared to rent to your ownself when the oversupply hit the market.

If the government allow more skilled workers or Passes holders, everyone also KPKB.

World economy is not that good, and Singapore cannot escape from slow growth either.

Restructuring ( started I think about 2 yrs ago ) now coincide with slowing growth. Could now be necessary. Given local more chance to get a job.

Fully agree, the gov is committing suicide policy to get themselves out of government in the next election.

indomie
16-05-13, 18:30
Financial Investor Program – Who Can Apply?

This program is for very wealthy individuals and their families who may wish to relocate to Singapore. To qualify under the Program, the applicant must have minimum net personal assets worth at least SGD 20,000,000 (certified by a declaration made by a financial institution in the prescribed format). In addition, the applicant must either:

Maintain a minimum of SGD 10,000,000 (“Minimum Sum”) in financial assets in a designated account that will be booked and managed by a financial institution regulated by the MAS for a continuous period of five years

Rlin
16-05-13, 18:34
True about Johore,

I also see high inflation in Sydney and in London as well. Locals have problem saving enough for the first 10-20% to buy a property for self stay. Hence they have to rent instead.

Yes bank retrenchment becomes more obvious to me lately.

high inflation is the biggest killer for the average singaporeans...
salary doesn't move (up) in line with inflation...

now I can imagine how the Johorians felt when sporeans went to BJ to spend and jacked up inflation there ...

bank retrenchment started since mid 2012 ....

Dragonfly
16-05-13, 18:43
Govt should slow down on land sales. If not, there will be another cycle of oversupply.

Rlin
16-05-13, 18:44
They are strict now for the program that not many can get through.

It is not money alone. I heard they turned down many applications.
They have other criteria besides minimum sum from what I understand.

I can see Private banking business affected.

Financial Investor Program – Who Can Apply?

This program is for very wealthy individuals and their families who may wish to relocate to Singapore. To qualify under the Program, the applicant must have minimum net personal assets worth at least SGD 20,000,000 (certified by a declaration made by a financial institution in the prescribed format). In addition, the applicant must either:

Maintain a minimum of SGD 10,000,000 (“Minimum Sum”) in financial assets in a designated account that will be booked and managed by a financial institution regulated by the MAS for a continuous period of five years

Dragonfly
16-05-13, 18:49
Even there are land sales, mostly in Punggol, Sengkang, Upper Serangoon, Pasir Ris, Tampines. Not balance at all. West side so limited supply. Something is wrong with govt planning.

Rlin
16-05-13, 19:07
All I see they try to increase supply to bring the price down. To help first home buyers.
Could it be the land in the West are mostly still committed to various industrial leases at the moment ?

Even there are land sales, mostly in Punggol, Sengkang, Upper Serangoon, Pasir Rissampines. Not balance at all. West side so limited supply. Something is wrong with govt planning.

Arcachon
16-05-13, 19:31

Rlin
16-05-13, 19:50
Go ahead and buy if it is your first home and you need to have a roof over
your head. As for investment, for rental purposes, do more own research.
Knowing that Passes and Employment Passes are now being tightened.

Robust sales by developers are not necessary translated to profitable investment for investors.

The baby is no more in developers' hands. It is you who have to take care of the baby.

Arcachon
16-05-13, 21:00
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2013/5/35718/japanese-developers-stay-positive-on-singapore-pro

Japanese developers stay positive on Singapore property

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/singapore/Price-History

House price rises slow in Singapore

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/template/assets/img/singapore-dwellings-sold.gif

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/template/assets/img/singapore-house-loans.gif

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/template/assets/img/singapore-interest-rate.gif

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/template/assets/img/singapore-gdp-inflation-1.gif

dare2
16-05-13, 21:03
...you are listening to a developer who is pushing Thai Properties........so does castle wood has nay vested interest in Singapore in the first place?

indomie
16-05-13, 21:22
Go ahead and buy if it is your first home and you need to have a roof over
your head. As for investment, for rental purposes, do more own research.
Knowing that Passes and Employment Passes are now being tightened.

Robust sales by developers are not necessary translated to profitable investment for investors.

The baby is no more in developers' hands. It is you who have to take care of the baby.
I like your sober reminder. Its true that investment doesn't always has to be property. But I am really sucks at other form of investments. For my peace of mind and optimum happiness I still choose property over other investments. So far it never disappoints. Property is a faithful mistress. She pays for herself and give extra income without fail every month. She is not a jealous mistress, she doesn't require too much attention. As she got older she appreciate in value like a fine wine.

hyenergix
16-05-13, 21:23
Most buyers r hibernating to save up to beat e loan restrictions n ABSD. A large portion of buyers r also investing overseas. Next year shd see return in interest in SG properties. Overall Asia properties r on e rise as western countries gradually recover n more westerners come over to seek their fortunes.

chestnut
16-05-13, 21:37
I like your sober reminder. Its true that investment doesn't always has to be property. But I am really sucks at other form of investments. For my peace of mind and optimum happiness I still choose property over other investments. So far it never disappoints. Property is a faithful mistress. She pays for herself and give extra income without fail every month. She is not a jealous mistress, she doesn't require too much attention. As she got older she appreciate in value like a fine wine.

Brudder, agree. My anchorage rented out for 17 years already. All mortgage paid by tenant. Today, loan amount only 300k but valued at 2 m. Hahahaha. Take a guess what was my downpayment? So u can guess how much was made with just less than 100k. I have been sharing this theory in my past post.

Of course, now with 40% downpayment, it's a different game. But candidly, I have gone into other instruments.... Not bad results. Honestly, if there is a crash and they remove ABSD, I will enter again. But I seriously doubt a crash will happen anytime soon. Too many on the sideline.

chestnut
16-05-13, 21:42
One more thing. Downpayment @ <100k. If sell now, profit will be 2,000k-300k-100k = 1,600k. Return of how many %? Power of leveraging.

radha08
16-05-13, 22:11
Brudder, agree. My anchorage rented out for 17 years already. All mortgage paid by tenant. Today, loan amount only 300k but valued at 2 m. Hahahaha. Take a guess what was my downpayment? So u can guess how much was made with just less than 100k. I have been sharing this theory in my past post.

Of course, now with 40% downpayment, it's a different game. But candidly, I have gone into other instruments.... Not bad results. Honestly, if there is a crash and they remove ABSD, I will enter again. But I seriously doubt a crash will happen anytime soon. Too many on the sideline.

bro it is because of people like you i have STRONG confidence in spore property mkt:spliff2::cheers4:

Squall8888
16-05-13, 22:15
Must buy at the right price lor. Don't silly silly pay 1.8k psf for Bishan. That is my personal view but some might still find Bishan attractive.

kane
16-05-13, 22:16

Five more years of rental and i think the whole loan also will be paid up.

Sam88
16-05-13, 22:30
Five more years of rental and i think the whole loan also will be paid up.

No lah... I take excess from loan to save and load up for investments or holiday. But u are rite. The rental can pay off the entire sum in 5 years.

DKSG
16-05-13, 22:31
Must buy at the right price lor. Don't silly silly pay 1.8k psf for Bishan. That is my personal view but some might still find Bishan attractive.

I cant help but single out this post.

This was what happened some years back when people say $1,500 for Martin Place Residences is waaaaay too much in a economic downtown. But many Q up to buy anyway. Now, if people can find a unit at $2,100 psf, they quickly grab.

One tip Office Boy can share with you. Buying properties - u will always feel that it is too much to pay. Thats normal.

When selling, it is also normal for you to feel that the selling price could be more!

DKSG

Sam88
16-05-13, 22:37

Brudder, of course if buy low, roi superb....

I also bot unit at peak leh. Bot in 1996 @ 1.38mil. Today about 1.8 mil conservatively. At lowest point in 2000+, units were going at 800k.

So those bot 800k, made 1 mil.
Those like me bot 1.38mil, still ok lah.... This one I stayed until about 5 years ago I rented out. But if I had not to rent out, I am still ok... Except wouldn't have made more. But if I had not bot until today, I siong right - there are too many variables in life. So diff strokes for diff people;)

Hahaha... Now u all know I am also Sam88. Hahahaha

chestnut
16-05-13, 22:45
bro it is because of people like you i have STRONG confidence in spore property mkt:spliff2::cheers4:

Bro, even if rental is 1/2 mortgage... You do the sums, u will find u still 1 up at the end of the loan tenure. And by the way, there is no way in hell that economy will be down all the way.... There will be ups and downs and if u even it out, it will be equilibrium.

Brudder, your hdb will help pay for your pc... We need to be thankful to our tenants....:D

chestnut
16-05-13, 22:47

One more thing to add.... I think bishan is beautiful leh... I also thank capitaland for pricing at that price... If not how can my clover by the park increase???? Hahahahaha

radha08
16-05-13, 22:57
Bro, even if rental is 1/2 mortgage... You do the sums, u will find u still 1 up at the end of the loan tenure. And by the way, there is no way in hell that economy will be down all the way.... There will be ups and downs and if u even it out, it will be equilibrium.

Brudder, your hdb will help pay for your pc... We need to be thankful to our tenants....:D

bro i got small head thats why i wear small hat i ONLY play 1 BIG(HDB) and 1 small(PC) i HATE indians but i LOVE them if they are/were my tenants :D:D:D

Arcachon
17-05-13, 02:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZONhU__UjO8