PDA

View Full Version : When's the right time to start looking for an ID?

leftfield
13-05-13, 18:51
Need some advice here. My new place is probably ready by 3Q next year so when should i start looking for an ID? Thanks in advance!

zeamybro
13-05-13, 23:23
Need some advice here. My new place is probably ready by 3Q next year so when should i start looking for an ID? Thanks in advance!

Depends on how urgent you want to shift in.

I prefer to see the actual unit before I make any commitments. I have had experiences whereby the actual unit (in several aspects) turns out to be quite different from what the interior designer and myself have imagined eg. Extra beam somewhere, cabinets/wardrobes of different colour shades, pvt lift lobby door opening orientation etc.

Unless you have the floor plans with the exact measurements, you may just want to engage the ids to do some plannings and sketches, or pay a few hundred bucks to get some 3D max drawings up to get a better feel of the concept u want.

Having said that, most furniture nowadays have a rather long lead time, especially those Italian ones that may take up to 4mths to indent. You may wish to take that into consideration

leftfield
14-05-13, 09:56
Depends on how urgent you want to shift in.

I prefer to see the actual unit before I make any commitments. I have had experiences whereby the actual unit (in several aspects) turns out to be quite different from what the interior designer and myself have imagined eg. Extra beam somewhere, cabinets/wardrobes of different colour shades, pvt lift lobby door opening orientation etc.

Unless you have the floor plans with the exact measurements, you may just want to engage the ids to do some plannings and sketches, or pay a few hundred bucks to get some 3D max drawings up to get a better feel of the concept u want.

Having said that, most furniture nowadays have a rather long lead time, especially those Italian ones that may take up to 4mths to indent. You may wish to take that into consideration

Thanks for the advice. I think getting some 3D drawings may be a good way to start assessing some of the IDs.

pod
14-05-13, 15:11

bro where u moving too?

ur condo sold?

leftfield
15-05-13, 10:52
bro where u moving too?

ur condo sold?

Moving but not selling. :D

pod
15-05-13, 13:02
Moving but not selling. :D

sibeh loaded... :D