PDA

View Full Version : Bank Loans

snooze71
12-05-13, 11:36
Hi All,

Need some kind inputs, which bank loan offers the best deal currently in market?

Aiming to buy an EC in July.

Like to go for floating rates, not sure which bank include fire insurance and etc?

Cheers

leesg123
12-05-13, 11:44
Hi All,

Need some kind inputs, which bank loan offers the best deal currently in market?

Like to go for floating rates, not sure which bank include fire insurance and etc?

Cheerscheck loanguru

DC33_2008
12-05-13, 11:53
Not sure about your household income status or upgrader to EC, better buy soon before they remove the grant. Just look at yesterday sale of twin fountains, all daul keys and four room sold out.
Hi All,

Cheers

starrynight
13-05-13, 08:12
Depends on your own views lah. But this website (http://findahomeloan.sg/new-home-loan-calculator#tabs-variable) is quite good in helping you understand what packages are in the mkt.

My friend just last week signed for a Citibank loan where the rate was fixed at something like 1.3% for 3 years, which I think is very good if you want a fixed rate.

If you have the Citigold / Treasures / Premier / etc. relationship with any bank, they can probably shave 0.05% to 0.10% off the quoted rate too.

Hi All,

Cheers

starrynight
13-05-13, 08:15
And these days, almost all bank loans no more freebies like legal subsidy, fire insurance, valuation, etc.

Fire insu is very cheap lah... If you bought a $1.x m house, the insu will only be around $150 cos the insurance is only on the structure, not the land.

Legal fees around $2700 to $3000, and valuation around $400 (well, maybe new unit don't need valuation... you should check).

Hi All,

Cheers

juayster
13-05-13, 13:11
Try citi n ANZ. Their rates are competitive.

snooze71
14-05-13, 12:39
Thanks all for replies.....

will check out Citi and ANZ, including their Citigold / Treasures / Premier which needs ~$150K in opening account right?

Also, which is much preferred SIBOR or SOR?

Cheers

snooze71
14-05-13, 12:42
Depends on your own views lah. But this website (http://findahomeloan.sg/new-home-loan-calculator#tabs-variable) is quite good in helping you understand what packages are in the mkt.

My friend just last week signed for a Citibank loan where the rate was fixed at something like 1.3% for 3 years, which I think is very good if you want a fixed rate.

If you have the Citigold / Treasures / Premier / etc. relationship with any bank, they can probably shave 0.05% to 0.10% off the quoted rate too.

Thanks, your URL is very handy indeed.

starrynight
14-05-13, 14:28
Think they usually need $250k.

Sibor versus SOR is subjective, but I prefer Sibor. 1-month sibor is meaningfully lower than 3-month sibor, so if you get a good rate, can consider that. Only some have 1-month sibor based packages

Thanks all for replies.....

will check out Citi and ANZ, including their Citigold / Treasures / Premier which needs ~$150K in opening account right?

Also, which is much preferred SIBOR or SOR?

Cheers

evolutionx
14-05-13, 15:07

Sibor versus SOR is subjective, but I prefer Sibor. 1-month sibor is meaningfully lower than 3-month sibor, so if you get a good rate, can consider that. Only some have 1-month sibor based packages

yeap .. just took the dbs package for 2 years ... but forced to take 3 mth sibor :mad: oh well .. cant win everytime ... but their rates are def the most competitive ...

however, you can approach smaller banks like bank of east asia since they can do better rates (but no internet banking etc). their rates were slightly better than dbs ... but also 3 mth lock in.

shareidiot
14-05-13, 15:16
1 mth & 3 mth sibor has different spread, isnt it? 1 mth sibor has higher spread ? Basically, I think they work out similar.

I was blessed (I believe) that I manage to secure a loan with 3-sibor + 0.65% spread (all the way). No need (& no way) to re-finance liao, I guess....

starrynight
14-05-13, 21:44
They may work out to be similar now, but in future, the gap may widen / narrow.

Re your loan package, you really have the best deal ever! Hope it's a house you have decided you like a lot, and will never sell :D

I had the second best deal ever - 3-month Sibor + 0.70% all the way. This was back in 2007.

1 mth & 3 mth sibor has different spread, isnt it? 1 mth sibor has higher spread ? Basically, I think they work out similar.

I was blessed (I believe) that I manage to secure a loan with 3-sibor + 0.65% spread (all the way). No need (& no way) to re-finance liao, I guess....

mygeemeel
14-05-13, 23:04
They may work out to be similar now, but in future, the gap may widen / narrow.

Re your loan package, you really have the best deal ever! Hope it's a house you have decided you like a lot, and will never sell :D

I had the second best deal ever - 3-month Sibor + 0.70% all the way. This was back in 2007.

I signed stanchart a couple years back. 1mth sibor + 0.5%.:D

shareidiot
15-05-13, 08:32
You have the best deal ever, if your package is "all the way" (applicable throughout tenure) ...!...

starrynight
15-05-13, 08:51
Song song gao julong! :D

mcmlxxvi
15-05-13, 09:26
I oso juz sign package.

1M SIBO * 0.00% to infinity and beyond.

Borrow from my Bank of Piggy. LOL

newbie11
15-05-13, 10:00
What's your preference? Some prefer lowest y1-3, some want low spread thereafter, some dont like SOR, etc. So definition of best deal difers.

mygeemeel
15-05-13, 10:48
A trick is never stick to one banker. Because you can bargain the rates and fire insurance. I have 5 years fire insurance. Although it is cheap but since cheap whats stopping the banker from giving free. :D

snooze71
17-07-13, 19:53
anyone who got any good deals on bank loans recently?

need to apply one in Sept.

time to start asking mortgage brokers

chenglinsu
22-07-13, 22:16
How long does it take for a bank loan to be approved these days? Have submitted my documentation ten days ago but no news yet. Every time I check with banker, he said everything is fine and will be approved soon.

Trigger
22-07-13, 22:58
How long does it take for a bank loan to be approved these days? Have submitted my documentation ten days ago but no news yet. Every time I check with banker, he said everything is fine and will be approved soon.

Should be just 1-2 days after you submit all the required docs.

snooze71
31-07-13, 21:17
SC quoted (with min SGD$50K equivalent depposits or investments)
Year1 -3 : 1mth or 3mth sibor + 0.8%
Thereafer : 1mth or 3mth sibor + 0.8%
Partial Repayment : up to 30% of principal outstanding
No legal or fire insurance

is this a good deal?

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 21:40
Thereafer : 1mth or 3mth sibor + 0.8%

is this a good deal?

Quickly Snatch it up b4 it also raise to 2pct follow hsbc.... !

snooze71
31-07-13, 21:53
Quickly Snatch it up b4 it also raise to 2pct follow hsbc.... !

paisey, typo error, should be

Thereafer : 1mth or 3mth sibor + 1.25%

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 21:58

Nooooo...... what r the other banks offerings?

Good or bad can only be advised by comparison.

newbie11
31-07-13, 22:23
Should be just 1-2 days after you submit all the required docs.
Not so fast la. So many check now

newbie11
31-07-13, 22:27

no gd la..

snooze71
02-08-13, 13:22
Just realised some banks uses their inhouse 'mortgage rate' (MR).

UOB is offering (Float No Lock) : Mortgage Rate = 4.5%
Year 1 : 1% (MR - 3.5%)
Year 2 : 1.38% (MR - 3.12%)
Year 3 : 1.98% (MR - 2.52%)
Year 4 : 2.65% (MR - 1.85%)
Thereafter : 2.65% (MR - 1.85%)

It looks much attractive compared to Sibor rates. Of course the critical component is the 'mortgage rate' (MR).

What are the pros/cons of going with a bank that offers inhouse 'mortgage rate' (MR)?

GORDON
02-08-13, 23:27
inhouse mortgage rate is not transparent

it means the rate can go up higher (to the bank's advantage)
the rate usu does not go down

corollary: better invest in that bank share since there are naive borrowers willing to be milked by the bank

newbie11
03-08-13, 02:20
Just realised some banks uses their inhouse 'mortgage rate' (MR).

UOB is offering (Float No Lock) : Mortgage Rate = 4.5%
Year 1 : 1% (MR - 3.5%)
Year 2 : 1.38% (MR - 3.12%)
Year 3 : 1.98% (MR - 2.52%)
Year 4 : 2.65% (MR - 1.85%)
Thereafter : 2.65% (MR - 1.85%)

It looks much attractive compared to Sibor rates. Of course the critical component is the 'mortgage rate' (MR).

What are the pros/cons of going with a bank that offers inhouse 'mortgage rate' (MR)?
what's attractive?

snooze71
08-08-13, 14:39
ANZ offers combo (SOR + SIBOR)

Interest Rate
3M SOR rate (SGD): 0.244% & 3M Combo rate (SGD): 0.309%.

- Signature Priority Banking Customers
Year 1 to 3
3M SOR1 / COMBO2 + 0.90%
3M SOR1 / COMBO2 + 0.95%

- General Banking Customers
Thereafter
3M SOR1 / COMBO2 + 1.20%
3M SOR1 / COMBO2 + 1.25%

Currently SOR is lower than SIBOR, but base on historical, SIBOR is always lower......

any comments on 'Combo' package from ANZ?

newbie11
08-08-13, 15:26
This (http://findahomeloan.sg/package-details/?fahlpid=207) is better